Speaker 1: And this is how, my friends, we're going to put the magic into Magic Round twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's Magic Round Prime right there.
Speaker 3: From early five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Friday, it's the Sharks and the Eels that I'll get us.
Speaker 4: Going running into.
Speaker 1: From eight or thereabouts, the Roosters and the Dolphins doverywhere. Yep, that's imagine a half in.
Speaker 2: Itself as good as you will see.
Speaker 4: Super Saturday.
Speaker 1: Super Saturday on the Fox begins at the special.
Speaker 3: Time of two o'clock. The rabbit Os and the Knights. That's what they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Say, featuring another homecoming of the supercoach Wayne Bennett.
Speaker 3: Come on, where's his statue? No one saw that, judge.
Speaker 1: Next up, it's the Warriors and the Cowboys, both in form and.
Speaker 4: Ready to rock at seven pore.
Speaker 1: Then get your act together because Coach Benji has something very important this year, haven't your.
Speaker 3: Beie boys ad breaks?
Speaker 2: Yes, Lachlan, surely there's a way around this stuff.
Speaker 5: Actually there is.
Speaker 1: It's the Tigers and the Dragons. Add three of course, Sunday ticket on air from one the Titans and the Bulldogs, followed by not one but two blockbusters.
Speaker 2: Plain effect a good thing.
Speaker 1: First at four, the Panthers and the Broncos double.
Speaker 3: Stuff and not to be outdone.
Speaker 1: At half past six, it's the Storm and the Raiders labor.
Speaker 2: How good is that Magic Shop? First?
Speaker 1: Laddie John's and the Boys are here in Brisbane again to entertain the way only they cared before. It's Betty Buys some Magic Round twenty twenty five right here on Fox.
Speaker 6: Lead Dude b General three sixty rebeligue from every angle joining me in the Great Gordon Talis. There's been the General Australian, James Hooper and Dave Rickyo and it's been a drama field week, but still our game continues to thrive. We started in Vegas and now it's time for Magic Round.
Speaker 3: How good is it? O?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 4: Vegas is an absolute extravagance, but Magic Rounds are juggernaut and the way that the NRL have implemented it and just continued to build it every single season. The rival codes have tried to copy us. They've got Ladder Round, which was a couple of weeks earlier in the year. They got eight games in eight different locations. You can go on a wine too. There's a lot happening there. But congratulations to the NRL.
Speaker 7: David, No, it's being a year on you success. The entire weekend sold out. That's an indication of how good this is. And I've got mates traveling up from Sydney that they're there on their way and they just they want to see as much footy as they can and that's what you get.
Speaker 5: Hopefully they get to a game.
Speaker 8: Yeah that's debatable, but the mates going to the footy or that's debatable se but it's actually huge.
Speaker 5: So Vegas is massive. Origin.
Speaker 9: There was nothing bigger than Origin but magic grounds catching it like just to hype around the place.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's a ticket left.
Speaker 8: You've got some break news for us hoops about the South in your abbituts.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Jack Whiteen is out for four weeks with a calf injury, which is significant because the Bunnies they just can't take a trick with soft tissues. If you look at Latrell, Mitchell, Cody Walker, Jack mcaylee, Ravelaua Humphreys as well, that's a lot of players. But what it does mean is that the young English in Port Lewis Dide is going to get a crack at on the big stage that's starting in the halves have paid a lot of money for him. They need to find a way to try and.
Speaker 3: She spoke about last night.
Speaker 8: But Jack hamstring injury, he'll miss this week up to four weeks.
Speaker 3: Possibly not Hamster. It's his calf injury. All right.
Speaker 8: Lewis Dodd, which again comes into the team, gets his opportunity.
Speaker 3: This is his time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is Braith and that injury toelds a real worry now.
Speaker 7: And then there's senior figures of that football team that everyone.
Speaker 2: They're not just the backup players, are they.
Speaker 7: There's they're influential figures within that Bunny side. And Lewis Dodd gets his opportunity personally. Yeah, that's that's a magic round game.
Speaker 2: I'm watching now.
Speaker 7: I want to see how this Englishman goes because of how much conjecture there's been over firstly, he's signing his arrival.
Speaker 2: The poor bugger.
Speaker 7: He picked up a shoulder injury in pre season. He came back through the cup. He picked up a concussion, sorry, a suspension. He's missed some footy. He just needs to a crack. He gets that crack.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a Stephen Brady, isn't it.
Speaker 4: And he needs to turn it into a gold medal because the door is open there. This is his window of opportunity. He's had a lot of setbacks, he's at weight for his crack. Well, he's got it now, but I think there's a lot of people who still have major question marks stay.
Speaker 8: Wayne must be one of them because he would have had a shot before now in that role as a half which has been brought to play in it sow, so there must be already question marks.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing that I found most interesting is when Wayne arrived back at the Bunnies. He loves Jack Watt, and he said to Jack, you're a center. You're not a five eight Jack. You are playing in the centers. Yet then this week when they're decimated and Cadie's out and Latrell's unavailable because of suspension and Joe Gray has to go back to fullback rather than give Lewis first crack, he actually shifted Jack until this calf injury, so doubt I.
Speaker 8: Would have gave him a shot anyway, just to really test him and find out whether he's got only one way to find out.
Speaker 3: That's right, So he gets that.
Speaker 8: Now, just back to the soft tissue injuries, South have had a number of these I think over a couple of years now, and a lot of fans have said to me, is there an issue there with that within their training.
Speaker 7: Or well, look, it's hard to say, right because they've gone through a coaching change and with that comes a high performance change.
Speaker 2: I would think. I'm almost certain Wayne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've got their own people in their Waines, brought new staff in that space.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so different under Demetrio compared to what Wayne's running. But it is a concern absolutely, And as I said, they're the most influential players in the South Side.
Speaker 2: It is a concern for sure.
Speaker 4: So have they got nine players out at the moment, Yes, yeah, nine out of the top thirty Yeah, certainly a thirtieth squad. So they are considering the effort they put up against Melbourne. I know they got hammered the wheat earlier against the Dogs, but they're punching above their weight the Bunnies. The one thing I wouldn't do is better against Wayne in magic round we saw with the Dulton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, has he got his toothpicked set? Wayne?
Speaker 3: I don't think he has.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was a bit of a casualty from the chocolate bullet in the dressing room after.
Speaker 9: Massive sweet tooth be before we move on where the Bunnies at all those injuries.
Speaker 8: You know they're coming off the back of a couple of losses. They did compete against Melbourne. I thought they did a good job considering where have you guys got them out because Jack has been one of their best.
Speaker 4: He's been their best player. Musc atsisted every week. I've still got them punching above their weight and against a Newcastle team that's attack has been putrid. I think there's a good chance.
Speaker 7: Well, I think I think there are a chance we'll have a Jian Gray's in the side.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 7: He's been this shining lights in a very very tough season so far injury wise the South. And if Jie Gray wasn't in the team, I'd be tipping the Knights. I reckon Greg can do something specially.
Speaker 5: It's a big battle with the fullbacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tough one to pick really, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You probably have to lean towards other Knights.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, with so many injuries, like experience gets your home normally and it's going to be a big occasion all right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: The Panthers in Bronco's going to be a massive game. But Mage has declared that he still wants Rene to stay at the club.
Speaker 3: Now to do that, what's it going to take.
Speaker 8: Is Rene going to have to drop his price like we spoke about last night, or is there ways around it.
Speaker 4: I think it's all going to hinge on whether other rival NRL clubs come in and show interest and want to actually get serious about signing Adam Reynolds. If somebody else, like a West Tigers, comes in and offers eight hundred thousand dollars a season, which is probably about what Adam Reynolds is worth, that then is going to make it hard for the Broncos because the NRL won't cop a three hundred thousand dollars contract for Adam Reynolds. But if it's only the Broncos and they're bidding against themselves, then I think you will see the NRL show a little bit of wet.
Speaker 8: Shouted out some details today because we spoke about it during the day. What the actual rules are or what's the scenario around these four Adams and the Broncos.
Speaker 7: So basically brave, the NRL places an evaluation on every player's head when they are off contract and about to hit the negotiation stage, they put an for example, they'll put an evaluation on Adam. They'll assess his age, is he still playing, state of origin, how much experience is and is he allowed. There's a veteran allowance, a three hundred thousand dollars veteran allowance that clubs can apply for, of which I would be shocked if the Broncos don't apply for a three hundred dollars exemption, a three hundred thousand dollar exemption.
Speaker 2: On Adam Reynolds.
Speaker 7: But to Hoops's point, he will only be allowed to stay at the Broncos. Let's call it for around three hundred thousand dollars if there is no other suitor in the game, if there's.
Speaker 5: Only there's clubs that are going to well, it's going to be it's going to be.
Speaker 7: What if his agent just doesn't it a little phone calls a little bit different from an actual formal contract offer, Gordy.
Speaker 3: So that's what I mean. So if you're the agent of Reno, you don't need to talk.
Speaker 9: How do we how do we get our fans to believe in it? Where Ben Hunt was on a million dollars and he goes for six hundred and now we go a premiership winning half back where DC he didn't want to sign for seven hundred, and we've got Foguni going for two million dollars and we go he's going to stay for three hundred.
Speaker 4: How do we get fans? I get it, Gordy, And it doesn't pass. It doesn't necessarily pass the pub test.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: But in Adam's case, and to Brake's point from earlier, Adam wants to stay at the Broncos. He loves life in Brisbane.
Speaker 5: Right, try to sell on Cobbo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: On top of the contract that Adam's going to get, there's also third parties, no question, he has a couple of those already existing, right, so he's going to end up on around six hundred and seven hundred thousand dollars a year to play for another season. It doesn't necessarily It does look a bit awkward and the rival clubs are blowing up.
Speaker 3: They're not happy here.
Speaker 5: What I because then?
Speaker 9: Because then Cobo can say I wrote on the board when I was a young fifteen year old kid that this is the only club I ever wanted to play for. I'm a Sherburg boy, my hero Stevehenoth played for the club, and that's the only club I want to play for.
Speaker 5: I'll play for five hundred.
Speaker 2: Look it. Ultimately, it's on the rival clubs to make a play for him. That's that's that's.
Speaker 7: How you I can come back against your argument, Gordy to if the rival clubs are winging me, how to do something about them off the back of fog and make a play for him, off the back.
Speaker 4: Of Foggerty leaving to go to Manly at the end of this season from the Raiders thought well, I'll check it out with canber maybe they might be interested. But they said no, We've got young kids that got faith in But I would have thought your parachute to play like him in there just for one year and all of a sudden.
Speaker 8: You don't want you don't want to player who doesn't want to leave and desperately wants to stay the Broncos.
Speaker 3: What would you drag him out of there just as a point? For what point? What are you going to make? What are you going to get out of it? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I actually think what will end up happening here is the Broncos will have to pay more for him in terms of sign on.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're allowed at three hundred.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I reckon I'll go to or possibly five and they're getting third parties, get any seven or eight, and he'll stay there. Like, I don't think there's got to be some sort of leeway here. I mean, he is a player who is going to only play one more year. His family is settled, he's happy there, he doesn't want to play anywhere else, get his Mian dollar somewhere else, he doesn't want to, So like, there's got to be some sort of leeway there. I think I understand why clubs will get frustrated because you know of the situation with it with players at their own clubs and all that.
Speaker 3: But this is different circumstances.
Speaker 9: In my eyes, I just think, I just think of for three hundred thousand, the Tigers are taking, I reckon, the Knights are taking, I reckon the Dragons are taking.
Speaker 4: There's nearly sixteen clubs that were taking here for.
Speaker 5: Three hundred price. So that's what it's hard to swallow. It's really hard.
Speaker 8: We'll Madge have to move on players here, because if he does have to put that up, which I'm assuming he will, it'll get to four or five and then the third party is really be happy to move on players.
Speaker 3: Do we know that?
Speaker 4: I reckon it'll land to your point, brother at about five fifty five point fifty to six on the cap. I think everybody would accept that. Will he have to move on? Players? Will He spoke at lunch in Brisbane that I had a magic round and he confirmed that, Yeah, absolutely if they're going to try because they want to retain they want to retain Reynolds, they want to retain Stags, and they want to be in the fight to keep Colbo.
Speaker 3: I still want to keep they do.
Speaker 7: Stags is all but done, guys, it states and still just about to dry on the paper.
Speaker 8: But it's Cobber who then if they somehow needs to keep them. Cobbos a question mark. He's got to be someone who who has to leave. What happens with paying Hars he's off contract. What he can he can negotiate is it from November one or the number one number one?
Speaker 3: So he's going to get costs for they're not going to.
Speaker 4: They're not going to. They don't want him moving anywhere.
Speaker 7: That's my point right, So if but his price is only going up, so it's only going to become harder to keep him.
Speaker 2: He's throwing Perth new franchise.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what I'm saying though, That's what my point is.
Speaker 8: So if they do then prioritize him, and they want to prioritize as other players who actually.
Speaker 4: It's going to be it's going to be the players who are on the roster from position twenty to position thirty. Clearly they're going to be looking at reviewing that and they're probably going to have to try and make some odd decisions.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, it's going to be interesting to see our pans. Yeah, what do you guys think is going to happen here in the end?
Speaker 4: I think Renalds stays so I think he signed for about five fifty six hundred.
Speaker 7: Yeahald Reynolds will stay. They'll be They'll be fall out though, it'll cop them somewhere.
Speaker 8: I'll get the shits. Everyone's going to blow up. He's not happy.
Speaker 9: Well, but I think Cobbo is the one that they keep personally. So you choose every day of the week and twice on Sunday. There's gonna be more competitions right now. If you're looking at a guy, and if they say he's the closest thing and then he was the best player he played fullback. And if Reswolves doesn't come back and be the reswolve, who's fullback for the Broncos.
Speaker 4: It's a fair question. I just watched that game Gordy against the Bulldogs last Thursday night and it was like watching Alfi Langa the way they played.
Speaker 5: And how many more games does he have? How many more he's definitely.
Speaker 4: Got next year? Sell one could have another ten if you wanted.
Speaker 3: Plus that's the catch.
Speaker 2: The catch is this, boys, how can the Broncos. I just can't see how they don't lose a player?
Speaker 7: Cobbo, ma'am, Reynolds, Carrigan, pain Hess, Catni Stags, Ben Hunt.
Speaker 4: It'll be more than one player. I'd suggest that could be out. Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Journalist coming back to me with the.
Speaker 8: Baddy Johnson Cooper Krong gave identified an interesting change in Nathan Cleary's game.
Speaker 11: And I talk about Nathan specifically here, but we've said for a while I find those cross shapes like that.
Speaker 3: I find them dangerous.
Speaker 11: Now what I mean by dangerous what it starts to do to playmakers. In the long term, what actually starts to happen is you start to get into that mode of going across and you start if you're not careful, you start to.
Speaker 3: Lose your upfield punch.
Speaker 10: When your hips are east west, for example, as opposed to north south. But you become less effective as a gorse player. Right, So whether you can run across field four or five times, it doesn't matter, but you need to as some stage get your hips back. Yeah, a couple of things there, but they're they're easily fixed. For someone like Nathan, you can fee better than most.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Two of the brightest minds in our game there, Maddy John's and Cooper Krong spotting something about Nathan's play. It was a bit of a concern for them, and they make a fair point. You know, Nathan, when I look at this, like he used to set up with that play anyway.
Speaker 3: Like all the time, and then they'd have a shot.
Speaker 8: And when they had the shot, they had four or five options at any given time, and he could play any one of them and he was effective. And because they had so much strike power and firepower and X factor at the moment, they lack confidence, lack belief they've lost players and they just don't have that punch, so that set up play, he's not as effective. And they make a good point because I know myself when I was out of formers a half, that was the play you went to.
Speaker 3: And I see it in a lot.
Speaker 5: Of harder you go to that play.
Speaker 8: It's just the easy but to drop off and the only do you do that when you get a lack of have as many options and you're not.
Speaker 9: There's no cry and there's no kick out, there's no burden like. They've lost so much talent. So I believe that he used to run that play all the time, but he had been Yeah, so now there's gone, Oh god, there he is and these and no one's reading him as well as what.
Speaker 8: He's They've lost strike and a lot, but have they lost the desire among all the intimidation factor?
Speaker 9: I think they've lost that real hard edge that they've had where they just would never go away.
Speaker 5: And they're not going away but this Gordy.
Speaker 9: But but they're not as hard as what they used to be.
Speaker 5: For eighty minutes and the.
Speaker 4: Other factor as well, Gordy is and you look at that play there that reinforces it They are aside who had a lot of attitude and had a lot of confidence and even a little bit of arrogance and a swagger. You know, they walk in, lou I'd walk in with the boombox blaring, and it was they were an intimidating side to come up against. With all the players that they've lost, but specifically James Fisher, Harris, Stephen Crichton and now Jerome Lewi, I just reckon they've lost a little bit of that burned the side that every other side, every other team feared.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 7: I hear you, Gordy using the words desire hunger. I still think desire is there.
Speaker 2: But what I'm.
Speaker 7: Seeing is they're they're.
Speaker 5: Fatigue Championship rounds now through their errors.
Speaker 7: They are defending for the majority of their matches. They're conceding upwards of twenty points per game, which is completely unheard of from the Penrith Panthers, and sometimes we can view that as a lack of desire.
Speaker 3: But they're absolutely cocked. And I pushed back on that.
Speaker 8: I actually think it's they're mentally fatigued. It's therefore, yeah, they think they've got the desire.
Speaker 3: Don't disagree, Stay up for that long.
Speaker 8: Disagree, it's almost inhumane, Like, honestly, to be as great as they were as long as they were, and if you've won a comp to back it up the next year is hard enough land to do it for four Remember.
Speaker 9: I can't remember a player that's been so dominant for five years, Like, can you numb a player game for those five years?
Speaker 5: He was the greatest in that whole team's been up for that long.
Speaker 9: Like, it's really hard as an individual to stay up, so to keep a whole team up. They've done an amazing job, but they're not where they.
Speaker 3: Used to be.
Speaker 7: Liam Martin, guys, is just a warrior. He's one of my favorite players. To watch him come from the field against mainly with about twelve to fifteen minutes remaining in that match and not return to the field.
Speaker 2: It's probably at that point I'm going, what's going on here?
Speaker 7: When the warrior in Lamb Martin's coming from the field and just bandaged and strapped, And here we are in the early rounds of the season and he's not on the field when it matters most.
Speaker 2: That's a concern for me.
Speaker 8: I hadn't lost Hoebo desire in the pind and I kept saying every a week now they'll be right though.
Speaker 3: But after the weekend I think finally, I think, I don't think. I don't think they can win the premiership.
Speaker 5: I don't know win. Is it something like eleven? That's tough?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you guys agree quickly.
Speaker 4: They got to win twelve with their last sixteen.
Speaker 3: Gordy's been back.
Speaker 5: In the lab.
Speaker 4: Lookout lab again, Gordy, look out.
Speaker 3: Get used to this. We'll talk about Gordy if you can, please well, I'm.
Speaker 9: Not good at stats, mate, I just lean on them, but look look no, but but like to do that through state of origin losing and I think Cleary will play. I think there's three or four that might go right. So they might lose their fullback, they might lose their seven. Definitely, they're thirteen right and Leo Martin they'll put him in a penelty to shop out there and he'll play Origin because New.
Speaker 5: South Wales needing.
Speaker 9: Then they come out of that and they'll play some big sides on some sides trying to make a move.
Speaker 5: That's the tough part.
Speaker 9: It's not now absolutely, it's round twenty when they need to.
Speaker 3: Be the top four is pretty much gone. We've got to win fourteen from sixty.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'll just take you back because a minute ago you're actually putting the pen through them.
Speaker 5: You don't think they can.
Speaker 3: Win the comps?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay the first week?
Speaker 5: Do you think they can make the top eight?
Speaker 8: I think they can make the top I think it's going to be very hard. I would say most likely they won't, but I think they can if you know what I mean, like, there's a possibility they can.
Speaker 5: I'm just not gaming enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think anyone is no.
Speaker 5: No, and you tread because of no.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can win the.
Speaker 5: Corp not anymore, Gordy. No.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 8: As the Panthers struggle their crosstown rivals full of confidence with Mitch Moses back in the team.
Speaker 12: People need to realize how much of an influential player that Mitchie is, especially with such a young team. He's one of those guys you just see lace up the boots and the shed and gives everyone confidence just to do their job. He's definitely been a real mature player of late, and it's certainly shining on the field for him, and that's why he is our skip.
Speaker 10: Anyone can see how much any impact of team, so to have him back on the field was awesome to or of that he brings.
Speaker 4: Do you just know that you have more confidence as a player.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's definitely a very special player and he's proven it on the big stage.
Speaker 8: With Mitchell Moses' returning. Is that enough to save the paramatter Ils season?
Speaker 5: Yes, I think so.
Speaker 9: I think that watching the way they play, I'm not saying that they're going to win every game, but I think that they'll have a They certainly have a better chance and they'll be in most games. His kicking game is sublime. I think he kicks man. He's one of the biggest kickers and he keeps them in play. And I think the confidence that they had with here on the field last week prove that.
Speaker 4: It's a long road back what was a very average start, But from what we saw from Mitch and the control and the composure that he's playing with against the Tigers, clearly he makes them a twenty to thirty point better team. The challenge they're up against Cronella this week, coming off that golden point epic loss against the Tigers fits he's going to have Cronell are up, so I'm excited about this game.
Speaker 7: The influence on the influence Mitch Moses has on the Yels is so significant, to the point of which any suggestion that Dylan Brown would make an early move to Newcastle for Lockie Galvin to come into paramount is dead in the water.
Speaker 3: One game until it won't happen. One game.
Speaker 7: Dylan Brown will see out the season with the Eels on the basis.
Speaker 4: Of Brown wants to stay now does he? Because Mitch is back this season.
Speaker 2: No early release.
Speaker 7: Mitchell's fall, absolutely because they you want to play as long as you can with someone like.
Speaker 8: To try and that squashed Galvin's have you the Tigers everyone.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that you.
Speaker 3: Got something else for us?
Speaker 4: Last week we had the three way fantasy Brown was going to Newcastle, Paul.
Speaker 2: To the exactly.
Speaker 7: That's that's why I think Mitch Moses. I just think he gives, he gives the club hope, and he does. He gives the club and on with Gordon, He's kicking games unbelievable.
Speaker 8: It was remarkable the impact he had and the difference in the side within and without him, like it was incredible. The Ques we're like okay, going into the game was hard to typically the paramount all the Tigers for that one. It was an interesting one. Galvin out all that and then Mitch just from the first from the get go, they were a different team and he can change their season and if they continue continue on that trajectory, you know who know who knows.
Speaker 4: Who's got a headache? Is Laury Daily as the new South Wales coach because he's got two incumbent halves Mitch and the seven Jumper and then Jerome and the sixth who were in fantastic form. And then he's got Nathan who for the first time in his career.
Speaker 8: This is the mean of the question for me this week, you guys change his Nathan Cleary a walk up start to get that seven jersey for New South Wales. Is he playing well enough to just take over from the incumbents in Moses and Law because it was going to be Cleary and it was out of Moses and Law.
Speaker 3: Could you be that confident now, given that they just.
Speaker 8: Won the series two of them and played great in that final game to reshape repick, drop them or one or the other and just have Nathan Cleary come in. Is it just cut and dry as it was maybe a couple of months ago.
Speaker 4: I think they'll go with Nathan in the number seven jumper, and they'll go with Mitch Moses a number six jumper. They'll pick both of those players. I know he isn't in career best formed by his standards, but if.
Speaker 8: You right now, I'd probably put him in there right right now. But there's a lot of play out between now and then. If the Panthers continue the way they are, it's a big call to then remove the encumbents, the successful ones. Some court his Division Game three, These two of the best players on the field.
Speaker 3: Do you pick and stick or not?
Speaker 8: Like it becomes a question now that may have not been a question a few months ago.
Speaker 4: Might no way out of line. Look at the beginning of the year, before a ball was kicked, if Nathan was fit, anyone would have said he's absolutely a walk up number seven. But I think given penrith struggles and we're not the only ones who are pointing out the fact that he's been a bit flat Mate Johnson and Cooper Krump put on a clinic other night with exactly the nuances of why he's finding some subtle challenges in his game, so.
Speaker 9: You're very over well, it's a headache, but it's not a migrat. He likes the pretender.
Speaker 2: He walks straight into the blues jumper. It's not even nothing. Clearly it's the.
Speaker 7: Staff back in the game and it's a toss and sitting there laughing at us because he knows what Queensland would do. They do throw throwing straight the queens What about.
Speaker 8: Queensland and the opposite. Queensland are the opposite, right, they would pick and stick. They're gonna winning combination there that one last year series. Cleary is well argue the best playing a comp best half in the competition, but he hasn't done that at origin level.
Speaker 3: He hasn't won three.
Speaker 8: Or four series. It's actually I feel it's the opposite. We're actually going to We're going to change a winning combination for a player that hasn't won that.
Speaker 3: Much at level.
Speaker 2: He's the best half back in the game.
Speaker 8: I know what you're saying, but you're if Queensland edition believe they keep them there.
Speaker 2: I'm getting to my point.
Speaker 7: The daily Terry Evans on form isn't in the Queensland.
Speaker 8: He's been a consistent like winner point of series for Queensland.
Speaker 4: For you know what, Origin is the final frontier for Nathan, that's the only level of the game. And I remember when Andrew John's got to the stage of his career where he actually publicly declared you were still playing at that time, he publicly declared, this is the final frontier for me. I want to dominate and he went out and he did it. I think Nathan, if you put him in amongst all those other elite players, and we pointed out earlier all the personnel changes at Penrith, I think you just click.
Speaker 5: It's a nice headache, but it's not a migraine.
Speaker 8: To get something clear. I love Nathan and I'm not saying I wouldn't pick him. I just think there's it's going to be a lot. It's going to be a tough decision for Laurie to make.
Speaker 3: And it's not as does.
Speaker 9: It does it Does it come down to the style? Does it come down to the style? Because like and they were saying that they were playing a Pendas style, right, So when it was Nathan, you know, they played the style that worked for them.
Speaker 5: In one on four comp with.
Speaker 9: Moses there they played a totally different style they played I stole that suited the team.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it worked and not a different coach.
Speaker 9: But you know, I mean do they follow that blueprint? Well, yeah, you'd pick You'd probably pick Nathan and put my that's the question and there's the end. What I think they're going to do. Is that what you're hearing? Or yeah, yeah, absolutely all right?
Speaker 8: Now what's going on in Queensland alone in Tiger Townops Tiger.
Speaker 4: Town, Well, there's been drama over the last twenty four hours. The board room of the Holman Barnes Group, which is the ownership group of West Tigers. Skeeth Richard has had the is that another there's been there's been there's been another coup Gordie at boardroom level where Julie Ramiro, who was the chair, the lady on screen, she's been ousted and stripped of that chair position. Dennis Burgess, as you can see the musician on the right hand side there, he's now one of the most powerful figures in Tina Tiger Towns.
Speaker 8: The new chair has been as well as being the new chairman of the Holman Group Barnes Group.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 8: Dennis Burgess is a talented musician as well, the.
Speaker 1: Macys and Balbani are the heart of the game and the name of our Jean Westager.
Speaker 3: For years there's been blood is him?
Speaker 4: That is him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That is a cover for David Bowie or something.
Speaker 3: Is he with Joe's boss or now?
Speaker 5: Or don't head around here? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, it's a little bit complicated and without wanting to bore people because once you stay, once you start talking border in politics, a lot of people can glaze over. But the West Tigers' sorry, he's got a t dreadlock too. I don't know if he's still games.
Speaker 3: He's got that look. He's a die hard Western.
Speaker 4: Suburbs magpie has died in the wool Supporter. But he is now the chair of the Home and Barnes Group, which sits above the board of the West Tiger's n RL club. He's on both and they're essentially the ones who provide the money if the West Tiger he's getting When they paid out Tim Sheen's, they had to go to the Home and barnesbur and say, hey, we need to pay some cages.
Speaker 9: Tigers at home. Is he a businessman? What's his background?
Speaker 4: He's a musician.
Speaker 3: He's got a business too, I'm not sure. I think he's an agent for musicians as well.
Speaker 8: Okay, look at that today, what do you like? But he's a mean right, So what's the worst case scenario if there's any issues at the club is it? Do you think it's going to run smoothly? Or with this we're having Dennis? I think he's Dennis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Dennis a menace. Now, look, it's a it's a nightmare because the Tigers have had enough turmoil as it is, between what's happened with Lockey Galvin and his contract standoff. They had three other directors that were on this board band for a collective fifteen years on New Years over this year because of historical bs, discrepancies and petty squabbling. The worst case scenari how is he's a mad Magpie. He's told West Tiger's board members previously that he's going to bring back the Magpies and then he could try and get rid of the West Tigers altogether. Allegedly, it could cause drama. It could the worst case scenario if he really wants to.
Speaker 3: Go clear surely they behind well we thought.
Speaker 4: They had, but then this come out of left field today. So they joint.
Speaker 8: Ventures all right, good luck Dennis, we get some tickets for his new show. All right, Jana is your key playing matchup?
Speaker 3: Well thanks to Osie Broadband.
Speaker 5: The Game of.
Speaker 4: Magic round I reckon he is the last game Gordon and he's the Melbourne Storm up against the canber Raiders. Forget about Gary Glitters. Hudson Young is marking Ellie Katalla, the inform back rowers in the competition. They will absolutely light it up.
Speaker 7: I'm sticking with the Tigers boys on Rockie Galvin up against Liking King. The Dragon's rookie gets his start. Should be a good match up with the two young halves.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: This Monday, Ossie Oscar Piastre shoots for his third straight.
Speaker 3: Winning the f ones.
Speaker 8: The Miami Grand Prix begins six am Monday, live on Channel five oh six