Speaker 1: Get in the morning every day, Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Something very exciting happened in our team over the weekend. So our sound guy Todd, who is just an absolute well you're a big cuddling. He's a unit. He's so incredibly jacked, but also just the sweetest, kindest person you'll ever meet. And you got engaged. Love Love, tell us what happened with your beautiful Jamie.
Speaker 3: Yes, so leading up to it, she had no clue, no clue at all. Yeah. I basically said to her, just another date night, you know, and we do this every now and then, and I you know, surprised at where we're going. It all worked perfectly. I've been lining this up for months and months on and planning every second to the teeth. I ordered the uber. I was nervous. I tried to keep it cool the whole way. I was downplaying the whole night. You know.
Speaker 2: It was sweeting on at the gym.
Speaker 4: Mate when Tony stress as he does bullsh ups. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was trying to throw her off on the way there, and I want you want to do after it? And she's like, oh, maybe we could, you know, cuddle and watch elf. I'm thinking, great, she's got no clue, and in the reservation I booked in at Windy Point Restaurant. It was beautiful, and in the reservation I'd said to him, you know that I'm going to propose him the night. So they were in on it, and when I got there, they could see I was a little bit nervous. I was standing behind Jamie so that she didn't see. And we sat down and instantly I was like, I need to go to the toilet, you know. So I got up.
Speaker 2: You're sweating to catch the nerves are going straight through.
Speaker 3: And then so then I walked out of sight and I saw the waiter who was looking after his Damn what a top bloke he was. And he said, how do you want to do this? And I said, well, I've written a letter and done. This is an eight page letter basically outlined in like sort of a diary form. You know, of our special dates, for instance, when I first in box from a DM, Yes, I slid in our DMS, and you know, and how I felt at the time, and how I gradually fell in love with her. So it was our first kiss, first date. Everything I could think of in this letter. And I said to the wight, I said, I'd like this letter to be in the dessert menu when it comes out, so it's a surprise. Yeah. And then so on the front of it said to my love Jamie, the whole night I was casual talk. She was casual talk.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: She had no clue I'm nervous. The whole way through I ordered the tasting menu, so throughout the whole night I could tell how far away I was to the dessert menu coming out. Yeah, so I ate my manes. And then I said to I got to go to the toilet again.
Speaker 1: Which is an unusual for Tom a man you can put away some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I went the toilet. I ran into down again and they said, look, you know, how are you feeling. Would you like a whiskey or whatever it was to calm the nerves? And I said, no, machuanra I feel good. So I went in the toilet, did the whole rev up in the mirror, you know, and then I went back to the table, sat down. About five minutes later, the dessert men you come out. She was shocked instantly, and oh god, I'm going to an emotion again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I opened up mine casually and I was like, oh, this looks good, you know. She opens up hers and she goes, what's this and I said, it's something to tell you how much I love you. She opens up and out these were like letters that weren't attached to it at all. And I didn't want it to ruin it, you know, So I end up grubbing it off and I pulled it out gently and I put it down in front of her and I said, you know, I want you to read this from front to back carefully, take as much time as you want. And so she did. And at the same time, when I seen the weight, I told him, look, I really want to capture this on camera. Can I give you my phone? And when she starts reading and she's distracted, can you come out and start filming? And he was behind me. Thank god he didn't get my reaction. And yes, she started reading the letter and I saw her breathing heavy and heavier as she went. And at the very end of the letter, it said, and I want to spend the rest of the I want to be with you forever dot dot. So I've only got one question for you. And that's when I got down on my knee and she was ecstatic. You know she calls it mush brain and yeah. The whole time, my mom and I didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: Yes, but yes.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, you got to say yes, bag, you know, you got to say yes. No one else could hear that. And she was like, yes, yes, and I'm engaged.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about the ring? What about the ring?
Speaker 3: It was beautiful, it was perfect. I ordered it custom and everything, and yeah, she was. She was stunned with it. She couldn't stop showing everyone throughout the whole night, and as we partied afterwards. I booked it at the Eos Sky City, the best room I could get. Yeah, and I have my house make Rosy. Thank you Rosie for helping me here she I'm done the deck. Rations walk into a huge Neon sign that said will you marry me? You know, just the top off it off the night.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing, world a thank you. Can I just say for all the youngsters out there who who've got that on the cards, that's aboff and beyond you. That is the toppest.
Speaker 4: Part of the top shelf. It's a proposal.
Speaker 1: Gogelacens. Thank you for Jamie. Absolutely gorgeous couple.
Speaker 2: Stunning.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know now, I need to know, I need to know. I need to know what news today?
Speaker 2: Just what you need to know?
Speaker 6: What you need to know with Jody and Ady?
Speaker 2: What do you need to know? Well, every now and then a massive celebrity just arrives in Adelaide, sometimes via a cruise ship. Who knew Gurgen Klopp, former Liverpool manager, was here right here?
Speaker 4: I tell you, yes to.
Speaker 1: The absolute delight of I was going to say specifically Reds Fansool fans, but soccer fans in general.
Speaker 4: And I'm not a big fan.
Speaker 1: Of the World game, like, I appreciate the skill level and everything, but even I would have seen Yergen Clop off, So I'm going, what the hell it's Clop?
Speaker 2: Would you have hit him up in terms of, like for a photo or something? Would you be that guy?
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever really got a photo with someone, haven't.
Speaker 1: I think my brain automat the ghost to oh is that Yurgen Klop? Should I call her seven us and try and get a gamerdanianuuse that would be.
Speaker 4: Really really cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Did you like?
Speaker 2: You run into celebrities quite frequently? Willow bend your little coffee spot. You've seen big of arms, sold O. Bess this girlfriend the oldest wag in Australia. She's been dubbed by the Daily Mail? Why did the best? How does the Daily Mail know where they are all the time? It's crazy, isn't it nice?
Speaker 1: Have people everywhere or some sort of communication is going on?
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 2: I've worked in the media for twenty years in this town. I've never ever seen a photographer from the Daily Mail? Yeah, never once.
Speaker 4: Because they pop up?
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Is the Daily Mail one of those things where if you took a photo of someone then you can send it to the Daily Mail and say it can I have some money?
Speaker 4: Is that one of those sets? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 1: I saw a vane his girlfriend like the morning after we were speaking on them and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, I hope they didn't hear that one.
Speaker 4: Were they listening to? Were we backing? Get the low profile?
Speaker 2: Suddenly being a hat guy has worked in your favor.
Speaker 7: Just lower the lid like way to.
Speaker 4: Keep tipping your hat to a man. Sold No, I'm trying to hide my own. So there you go.
Speaker 1: If you saw you as well, give us a call. Thirteen twenty four ten sent.
Speaker 4: Us a text for double n nine on nine.
Speaker 2: So he's on a cruise. Man's on a cruise around Australia.
Speaker 4: That's nice, best way to do it.
Speaker 1: The thing that we were speaking about this off air, the thing about South Australia is we're so used to it that when these big time celebrities turn up, like why nurse would there be in South Australia, it's called the unbelievable attraction sweety like ki our wineries, all these things that we take for granted.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, someone guy called Dean got a photo with him and he said he goes. When I asked him why he was in Adelaide, he said, it's called a holiday. I think, And then I'm sure he said, Sweetish.
Speaker 4: It's called a holiday, sweetie.
Speaker 2: You on his cruise ship, that's for sure. Man. Good times, good stuff, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Jergan, your father, he's on.
Speaker 8: Your money six nothing not sometimes just got to get out of his sister and.
Speaker 1: Shake it out, all that sort of you know, blue inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about seniors having sex, shall we?
Speaker 7: Apparently?
Speaker 5: Very much?
Speaker 2: Apparently, according to the TiSER, men in their sixty seventies and eighties are behaving like teenage boys in South Australia's Seniors Day scene.
Speaker 1: Can we just sort of clarify what sort of age is we talking about? If you're a senior like this is.
Speaker 2: I just said sixty seven years and eighties, sixty seventy literally just said that.
Speaker 4: I just it's blown my mind.
Speaker 7: Ah okay, so this is.
Speaker 4: My mind right now.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to put it back together to imagine a sixty five pluser having intercourse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't stress this enough when I speak on behalf of everyone else's exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, it's about to get worse this story because it's leading to a significant rise in the number of sexually transmitted infections in the over sixties age. Oh my god, if I had a dollar every time Nan called and said I've got chlamydia again.
Speaker 1: Man, for goodness sake, cover it up. And then she thought she's a smarter so it only takes two pills, and you're like, man.
Speaker 4: It's not the point.
Speaker 2: That she's outrageous, isn't it. Std He's amongst our seniors. Victor Harbor, retiree sou who's sixty seven, who's been bombarded with requests on dating sites from adelaidmen with a single yellar purpose. She said, there after one thing, and that is sex.
Speaker 1: Classic bunch of pigs to say that it never dies down as well.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like what's happening is is they're coming out of long term marriages or relationships and they really have no sense of STDs and protection and all that sort of stuff. Is that been married for so long.
Speaker 1: But also back in their day wasn't really a thing. No, So the thing that I haven't found out as well, he is in the baby Booners in particular, it was at an age where it was it was pre like really nasty SD.
Speaker 4: So then after they sort of checked up.
Speaker 1: And we're in relationships and married and all sorts of things, that's when SD has become to start to become quite trendy.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you know too much about.
Speaker 4: Some recearch concerning right, very concerning.
Speaker 8: Also, boomers can't get pregnant, so they're not using protection.
Speaker 7: Because knocking net up.
Speaker 4: But happy twenty first, she's one hundred and one.
Speaker 7: Now, that's a joke.
Speaker 4: That was a joke.
Speaker 7: That's a joke, joke, a terrible joke.
Speaker 4: The best way to start the working week is with a joke. Who wants to kick us off this morning? What about you? Produced? So you march a year before like.
Speaker 8: I've got the best joke, We'll I subtly said, I'm happy with my joke this week. Yeah, I'm happy to go first.
Speaker 2: We'll be a judge of that.
Speaker 8: Two robbers we're rubbing a liquor store when one grabbed a bottle and said, is this whiskey? The second one replied, yeah, but not as whiskey as wobbing it back?
Speaker 4: Thank you dad bobs again channel bit of job.
Speaker 7: That was funny.
Speaker 2: Feel like I might have done that one.
Speaker 8: Okay, so I am I plastic and you accuse flag amusing.
Speaker 4: One of my.
Speaker 2: Feels like there's a bit of joke plagiarism.
Speaker 4: Wow, what happening? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Guys? Okay, have you heard about this guy that went to a psychiatrist and he said, Doc, I keep having these alternating recurring dreams. First I'm in a tpe, and then I'm in a wigwam, and then I'm in a tepee and then I'm in a wigwam. It's driving me crazy. What's wrong with me? And the doctor replies, it's very simple. You're too tense.
Speaker 8: Oh that's some very good stuff.
Speaker 4: You guys have set the bar high. Yeah, handwritten weeks and weeks.
Speaker 2: Feel back the curtain here has He comes in with his handwritten joke.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with that? It's from the heart.
Speaker 2: It's kind of nerdily overly prepared, it's very prepared.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you how I'm doing that because it will show just how little I am with technology.
Speaker 4: But here's one point.
Speaker 1: A young couple were touring out back Australia and they happened to stop at a King Brown snake farm. They discovered a long go. That's right, there's King Brown snake farms. I've seen the sights. I engage in small talk with the man that handle the snakes. Gosh, exclaimed the young woman. You certainly have a dangerous job. Don't you ever getting bitten by the snakes? Yes, on rare occasions, answered the handler. Well, she continued, What do you do when you're bitten by a snake?
Speaker 4: He said?
Speaker 1: I always carry a razor sharp knife from my pocket, and as soon as I'm bitten, I make a cut across the fang entry and then suck the poison from the wound. You said, what what would happen if you were to accidentally, I don't know, sit on a King Brown snake, persisted the woman. Well, he answered, that will be the day I learn who my real friends are. You don't get it, Oh my gosh, sorry when you were handwriting the joke, did you miss the line or something? If you sit on a King Brown snap and to buy you right on, I don't know your bottom hole. And someone's got to suck out the venom that was.
Speaker 4: That was not my delivery. That was an inattentive class out of his own. He can't suck the ventom out of his own. Someone's going to suck the venom out of his.
Speaker 2: Taking all our off air conversations onto the air.
Speaker 6: Ten News First Web Present, squeezing the shower screens.
Speaker 7: You know what's not sexy lime scale produces.
Speaker 8: I've gained something from my latest breakup.
Speaker 1: A house I feel unused in the scale girls chat. Yes, it's Jody, it's producers, Zoe, it's Tiff Warm. It's just all lovely ladies getting together and we all just chat all things chill on the fat. That's what we don't.
Speaker 4: We that's what we say.
Speaker 2: We all order a couple of espresso martinis and away we go Cosmopolitans martinis with a olive.
Speaker 7: We're like the Sex and the City girls before of us.
Speaker 4: Oh god, one's Miranda? Which one?
Speaker 2: Which one? For the what's her next?
Speaker 8: You are.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: I've been dying to talk about this on here. So you are in a new relationship. It is coming up to Christmas, and it just begs the question, what are you doing for a gift? Because it's very very tentative territory, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Well in what sense?
Speaker 5: Boom?
Speaker 2: Well, because you don't want to go too hard to know is the thing?
Speaker 6: Well, we're down this path now where I mean, there's not enough gifts for what I'm sure I'll be receiving. Yes, right, the tree won't be able to hold all the presence Joels brought me.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, honey, No, no, no.
Speaker 6: But early earlier on in the piece, when we very very very got together, it was my birthday and he didn't want to go too hard because we've been dating a very brief amount of time. And we had this discussion after the fact, and I said, because you don't want to spook the horse, and he said, no, you want to prance with the pony?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and boy are we prancing now?
Speaker 6: But the first yeah, the first, you know, of course he would know. But he got me for my birthday, which I loved. I'm going to watch your eyes glaze over, Joe. I love solving Rubik's cubes. Oh my god, not alerte. And so he got me a black Rubik's cube. And when you hold it, your hands heat up the colors and the colors had and they have to solve.
Speaker 7: It really fatt and if you don't solve it fat enough to look a black.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 7: I loved it.
Speaker 6: I loved it, but I knew you would hate that, but it was perfect because it was like, this is thoughtful. I've thought about you know, what your hobby's interests are, but it's.
Speaker 8: Not like what's coming for Christmas?
Speaker 7: Thought And I loved it because I'm a big nude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you ever give me a any one of them. Don't even think about it.
Speaker 7: That's because we know you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you? Producers? Are we if you have a love bomb someone with a kid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't really realize until the very moment that we weren't on the same page. With my ex last year for Christmas. It's my ex is a photographer, and I thought, you know, want to be nice, I'll make him a customized book of his photography work that he can take out to client. That's key for himself. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that. I know it's the top.
Speaker 8: So did he apparently, because when I gave him that on Christmas morning, he gave me movie tickets.
Speaker 3: For free through work.
Speaker 1: Transferable MOE tickets, which means you have the opportunity see my want or two, do you.
Speaker 2: Have unlimited access to Wallace Cinema fairly?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I definitely went too hard. Yeah, and potentially expect him for a couple month later.
Speaker 7: The horse.
Speaker 2: I'm going to regret asking this, But what about you? Wouldn't have gone over the top of you barely? Didn't you pick her up a jewelry box from neds or something?
Speaker 1: And that was very thoughtful but awful thoughts because her first response was when have I ever owned a jewelry box in my life? Yeah, to which I think our first reaction was, well don't you think you do?
Speaker 4: It turns out she's not.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also then you said it's called gratitude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called convenience and heads it well.
Speaker 4: Next to.
Speaker 1: Always outdoes me in terms of president and she set me up for failure early on. She'd always be like, no, no, no, we won't do presents.
Speaker 4: It's fine, fine.
Speaker 2: You that is incorrect, it's why.
Speaker 1: And then she'd be like, oh, look I did get you one thing, and by one thing, it's like a pack of presents. I got you one pack of presents. And I'll be like this, this, this, and I feel so guilty. And their presence that are I might have mentioned eight months ago, I'm like, oh jeez, I like the smell of that after shable woman.
Speaker 4: And she's got it.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 4: Why can't I be that attentive?
Speaker 7: You can't actually.
Speaker 2: And thought consideration.
Speaker 4: It's not easy for us fellas. Right now, I've got a bit of a bad back.
Speaker 1: My knees are just shot, and also my ankles, but my hips when I go for a run as well, and I start to thinking myself, boy, hey boy, I'm starting to get a little bit hold not quite as good as I used to be. No, what about this Colin We think it's pronounced Waggoner. He's Adelade's oldest World War II veteran, he's turning one hundred and seven. Well, congratulations to him, and he says he has no use by date. Let's just go through some of the things that Colin gets up to as a one hundred and seven year old, because I would automatically assume that, you know, get past the age of I don't know, maybe ninety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not doing much.
Speaker 2: Ride down going to col He lives in the Adelaide Hills. He's got a property, so he still rides his motorbike. He still does routine maintenance on farm vehicles, and still chops his own his own wood. So only using an electrics all these days, he said, he doesn't do it manually.
Speaker 1: He's cut back from using the old school acts. Now he just does it electric. Lazy Colin, he said, I haven't got anything wrong with me, no use by eight, and all I'm doing is just slowing down. So congratulations, and it kind of makes me, he's the thirty nine year old, feel just a.
Speaker 4: Little bit lazy.
Speaker 2: What are you looking forward to about getting old? Not working?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not really sure. I don't know how to answer that question.
Speaker 2: All that running you do is going to catch up with you when you're older. Oh my god, you're going to be so rickety.
Speaker 4: It's my hips already right now.
Speaker 1: And sometimes as well, when I'm going for run, I see blokes that must be ninety plus yeah on the track, Yeah, and I think, I don't think that's awesome. I wish i'd be doing that. I look them and think, just stop, you don't have to. You look so you look like your hips like what's that sound? Or it's your hips screaming no, we're just about.
Speaker 4: To give in?
Speaker 2: Do you know this? Like some people you see running and you go, you just mate, why are you doing that to yourself? Because you look like you're in so much pain one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: But also, I mean, what's the It's almost like an old saying like as soon as you stop moving then you're probably going to cease to exist. So you've got to keep back, give, you've got to keep the mind rolling, and maybe, in Colin's case, you've got to physically stay up to date.
Speaker 2: I want to know on thirteen twenty four ten, what are your grandparents still get up to, like riding a bloody motorbike for goodness sake at one hundred and seven, it's outrageous. What are your grandparents still doing that? You think, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you want about I think it would surprise you as well.
Speaker 4: Particularly, do you know what it is people who live.
Speaker 1: On properties as well? That's something that you've always known, You've always grown up with. He would have chopped wood probably every second night for his whole life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just part of routine. So it's not like he's introducing something at the age of one hundred and seven.
Speaker 2: No, thirteen twenty four ten, give us a call. What are your grandparents still up to? We've got Big Wedgy inflatable water park tickets to give away too, if you'd like to go along to the Big Wedging because that's.
Speaker 1: Back opened on the weekend. The Big Wedgy is back. Yeah, that is a magical class. I give you the hot tip.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We spoke a little earlier in the morning in the Naughty at six forty about what grandparents in Adelaidea getting up to, and that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of the.
Speaker 2: Business.
Speaker 1: Any confirmation that Colin Wagner is in this group, Oh no, I don't. One hundred and seven year old in the hills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, give us call thirteen twenty four.
Speaker 1: Ten, talking about's Colin Wagner. He's Adelaide's oldest World War II veteran. He's turning one hundred and seven. He still lives on his twenty four hectare Adelaide Hills properly, still rides his motorbike, still does routine maintenance on farm vehicles, and he still chops his own wood.
Speaker 4: It's a good effort.
Speaker 2: It is more manual labor than you do. He's one hundred and seven.
Speaker 4: He's much handier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking your calls this morning on thirteen, twenty four ten, what do your grandparents still do that?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's impressive. Let's go to Nicole from mor Val. Good morning, Nicole, good morning. This is your husband's parents.
Speaker 5: My husband's dad. Yeah, he still works full time. He's seventy, still works full time, starting at four am or thirty am and then comes home and he's currently building a laundry on suite out of a horse float to toe behind their motor homes.
Speaker 4: Oh my, what a guy.
Speaker 7: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Oh needed to come out of my house and do some work. That's unbelievable. Thank you so much, Nicole.
Speaker 4: They're so they're so handy as well. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with age comes experience and all this sort of wisdom. So he could be like, oh, siid that shoe box. Yeah, I'm going to turn that into a house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just it's that generation, isn't it that they were just they were taught early how to make things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Twenty four ten, give us a buzz give.
Speaker 4: Nicole, we're going to send you off to the Big Weggie. Have your kids?
Speaker 3: Yay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got three. I'm for SAEs this wonderland as well, but can't.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's tough, it's popular. This is the spot though no presents.
Speaker 1: Big Wedgie Floodable Water Park open all summer at West Beeax Parks. Book at tickets now at the Big Weggie dot com dot are you all right? Give us all thirteen twenty fourteen? What are your grandparents still doing? That's very impressive And also can we tap into our pile of prases next some of the best tickets in town to give away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and mars is one land one's in there.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get involved with that.