Speaker 1: Apogee Production.
Speaker 2: I'm Mickie Fisher and welcome to the Village Crazy Lady. People are talking to me and they are not physically in this room, so just strap in for that.
Speaker 3: Can't call me crazy, so I said it first.
Speaker 2: Whoever's trying to come through, whatever messages need to come through, like, just bring it on.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Crazy Crazy Crazy The Village Crazy Lady Podcast. Hello, gorgeous legends, and welcome to another episode of the Village Crazy Lady. This week, I've got a Village crazy man on the podcast with me, Matt Galaia, who is an astrologist, author of How to Spot the Star, Signed and managing editor of Pedestrian TV, and also so many other things. I mean Matt was saying before, like he's into Wika, he's reading a book about gypsy Like, how was that?
Speaker 3: Matt? Does that well explained or barely touches.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, that that is all me in the nutshell. There's not much more to me than that. There's a whole lot there. I've been so into this stuff since I was like five years old. This is very much, very much. Yeah, what my makeup is? What about you? When did you kind of start getting into spiritualism. Was it from a child age?
Speaker 3: Well? No, that's like what's got me so interested? Straight away?
Speaker 2: You're like, you know, I started this when I was five years old, and I was about to say, how did you get into this?
Speaker 3: I was more of a late bloomer.
Speaker 2: I grew up in the church, so it was very much something that like was intuitively within me, and then I had to sort of do a lot of questioning as I got older. But so since five years old, has this just always been what you've sort of done and how you've felt and how you've connected.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what always And I also grew up in the church, but I was a bit of a double agent. I guess I love that, but it's kind of like I think also it was kind of like, it's funny, I've been studying my like psychology of like why I am, how I am and things like that, and I just think, so, so here's what happened that I realized. So I was five years old, I kind of knew I was different from everyone else, and so I kind of turned to shows and TV shows and movies and parts of popular culture about people that were different, one of them being charmed for example, which is very on brand RP. Channon Dollity, and I kind of became obsessed with that, obsessed with witches. There was a lot of that stuff in the nineties. There was you know, hopeus Pocus, there was the craft, practical magic, all that stuff. Kind of became obsessed with that, obsessed with casting spells and the things like that, and from there that was my gateway that got me into everything else. And the gay thing that I was saying is because when you're young and you feel like you're kind of different from everyone else, you kind of get to a point where you're just like, all right, well, bucket, I'm already kind of like on the outskirts of society. I might as well just go full weird with it. And I kind of did. Like it wasn't an intentional choice, it was just a psychological I think that's kind of how it all happened. So my point is, so the gateway for me was definitely like wicker like when it comes to like spells, crystals, all that kind of tarot. I had my first taro deck at ten years old. It was like a coloring in deck. I was very obsessed. And then yeah, from there. I kind of yeah, I was always interested in astrology, but in terms of full on becoming obsessed reading everything, becoming an astrologer, that happened in the last ten years. I'd say when I started working at Dolly magazine also rip, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was reci thank you for everything.
Speaker 1: I was a little Dolly left off. Yes, I was the entertainment writer. But while I was there, I was kind of like, hey, what are your thoughts on, you know, bringing back There was a section that used to be we had archives there in the magazine of like all the dollies since time began. So can you imagine what a dream that was walking in and there's just wall to walls, just like dollies from Dolly magazines from now until like when you know it's inception. And I was just reading through like the Naughty's issues with you know, home and o wast on the cover and things like that, and I saw that there was a section in there called Dolly Destiny, and I was like, that had just a bunch of expels and horoscopes and things like that, and I was like, can we bring this back? Would you guys mind? And they were like, yeah, no, let's do it. And we did it and it popped off, and that kind of gave me the confidence. And since then, every other publication that I've worked at I've kind of fused you know, writing about horoscopes and with her type stuff into the job. So that's what I did at Pedestrian as well. Yeah, eventually I got to a prot where I was like, Okay, I've been collecting all these astrology books and witchy books. It's time to I'm going to see if I can get one of my own off the ground. And I did. Here it is out of Spot the Star Signs. Yeah, it came out last year, so it's about astrological compatibility and so. But yeah, but to answer your question, to this day, I'm still just as interested in all of it. But yeah, it's kind of just been like a lifelong not so much a mission, but just kind of like a lifelong interest that it's just there's something where there's just so much which, so much information, like it's never ending, and like each month I'll just become obsessed with a random different part of It's like, oh, I might study you know, palm reading this month, and then the next week, you know, I'll be interested in I'll go back to Taro. It's like there's just so much there and it's just and it's not even just the fascination with you know, oh it's so cool it can predict the future. It's also just it's you know, it's cool, it's magic. It works that. It's more so that it's like, I love how it can benefit people's lives and provide answers and a sense of understanding. And you know, there is just so much mystery and confusion and like why is this happening to me? And that's an astrology can provide the answer to that, as can you know, you know, psychics and all other different things. And I think that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Can you talk about because I love how you just said, like it's been something that's in your life for just forever and it's just like this constant like information just drinking up. Can you think of the ways that it's really helped you?
Speaker 1: Honestly? It's oh so like I have this book it's called a Book of Shadows, where you write in there different like spells and chants and information on anything that you'd need in your life. And I started it in two thousand and five and I'm still adding to it to this day and not just adding to it, but I'll look, there'll be a day where, you know, as an example, maybe I'm going for a promotion and I'll go back to this book with all this this information that I've gathered from different sources that like I started when I was, you know, a teenager, and find information in there that will help me different like spells and things like that. Like to this day, I'm like, you know, if i'd need a promotion or anything like that, I'll use spells that I wrote in there when I was like a kid. And so it's just so crazy. It's like past me talking to present me. But yeah, so that's so that's kind of been really helpful, and it's it's one of those things where it's kind of like my thing with all kinds of spirituality is like, let's just say to the skeptics, let's just say, if you know, if they think it's BS and whatever else, the point is it's the power of positive thinking and it puts positive intentions into the universe. And whoever the person is, that's kind of like, you know, utilizing this stuff, it makes them feel positive and feel like something's happening. And it gives them some encouragement. And so that's exactly what it does. Whenever I feel lost, I kind of turn to it. It gives you a sense of purpose as your all religions. I think that's you know, whether you're Catholic, Muslim, no matter what. Like it's kind of like, you know, it's a sense of purpose and believing that there's something out there that's beyond you, because it's a terrifying thought to think that, you know, the buck stops with you. It's like, no, there are angels, and there are spirits, and there are guys, and so it's all just guidance letting you know that you're not alone, and you know, everything has a purpose. When shit things happen, you think why is this happening to me? And it's like there's always a reason. The universe is, you know, putting you on this path, you know, giving you all these trials and tribulations for a particular reason. And all this kind of stuff helps you to you know, realize that there is a path and the purpose. But also if you're ever stuff, you can call upon your guide, so you can, you know, do this chance and it will kind of help you along your path. So it's it's honestly, it's it's it's kept me going since I was a kid kind of thing, all different chapters of my life. I can think of times where I've relied on this kind of stuff from like high school, dealing with issues that I you know that I might have had there to as I said, you know, promotions, love spells, things like that. My partner, who have been with for six years, like I, you know, that was all love magic. You're got you rose crystals. You know. Literally he's so into it now as well that I'm teaching. I'm teaching lots of things we do like readings all the time, but yeah, crystals and love rose coorts crystals and things like that. I used to use those quite a lot. So yeah, So honestly, it's one of those things that's just like for every facet of my life, it's like it's been really helpful, Like as I said, every facet of my life, but also every chapter of my life from when I was young to now. Yeah, it's just it's been my main constant that's kind of kept me going. I like, it's funny to listeners, I sound like a mad man, but it's kept me saying strangely, you know, because it's given me kind of a clear path and a direction. And yeah, and that's my thing. I'm like, I just encourage everyone to dabble into it, even a little bit. You don't have to go full on make it your life's mission like me. But it's like it's it really is there when you need it, and it's not dark or scary. It's supposed to help you and guide you. And like with astrology, my big thing with astrology is that it's, like I write in my book, it's a series of cool clubs that everyone belongs to because it's kind of like with like no one is, no one's left out, everyone has a star sign. Yeah you know what I mean, like no one, no one's left out, no one's like, oh this is you know, with a lot of it's not like, for example, with Catholicism, for example, it's like we love everyone except for the gays, and except for people of other religions and except for this and except for that. No. Astrology is like everyone belongs and not only do you belong, but we're going to tell you just you know, astrologers are religion. But I'm just saying in terms of like, you know, the way of thinking. It's going to tell you like how to get along with all the other people that are around you, and why you are how you are calling you out for your negative traits but saying yes, of course you're like that because you're a Capricorn or because you're a Scorpio or whatever it may be, but also celebrating your beautiful traits and saying that you know, yes, yes you may do this, but you also do this and that's great and it offers purpose and understanding and yeah, and I think that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that was so well said.
Speaker 2: Everything about how you just like explained astrology just then felt like such a penny drop, especially like the inclusivity of it, because that's so true, and just the ability to recognize the shadow parts of yourself and because like that's the hard thing right now, and that's what I really loved when I was starting to, you know, when on my journey of like dabble, I you know, learned about an astrology and my astrology and it really was just like, Okay, this feels like I'm just getting to like read a book about myself and like really see it in front of me and understand and like, you know, an, I'm an Aquarius with a Leo moon and a cancer rising and a Capricorn stellion, So just to give you an idea, So I was like, very it's quite obvious, and I'm like reading I remember looking into sort of, you know, the more shadow parts of all of these different elements of me, and it was really confronting in quite a beautiful way, because I think what it does is it takes away the shame it kind of makes you.
Speaker 3: And it's sort of like the more that.
Speaker 2: You learn about astrology, the more compassionate and understanding you have for other people, because you're like, no one's fucking perfect. We all have these real shadow parts to ourselves and we can also of grow from those parts vesselves.
Speaker 3: And also how.
Speaker 2: Can I judge someone when really what I'm just like, it's more about the fact that they're just really different to me, and that's really beautiful and I can just learn to understand them more as opposed to just like fuck you, why why don't you behave like I do? Because you talk about in your book, you talk a lot about relationships and compatibility, which is something we haven't spoken at all on this podcast about in relation to astrology. Can you talk about that a little bit more? Because some people have no fucking idea about astrology listening to.
Speaker 1: This I can do. Okay, So this is going to blow people's minds. There's no such thing as a doomed relationship. In my opinion, all relationships, like all, everyone has the possibility to make a relationship work. The most compatible partners will still have issues because as human beings, like it's natural where there are two human beings, there will be issues, you know what I mean? Like, it's just as simple as that, no matter how you know much of charts overlap and whatever have you. But even if, for example, like in my book, I say, even if I kind of got a scale that like ranks like how compatible you are and even the ones that are incompatible, that doesn't mean that when you go on a date with a person that you know astrology says is incompatible with you, and you find out they're sign and it's you know, an opposing sign to yours, that doesn't mean that you should get up and walk out. That just means that, okay, there will be some difficulties to expect that but it's you know, it's never impossible. There's always a way to work around it. Because again, this like it's not saying you're doom stay away from each other, everyone's staying. There's segregated groups. Absolutely not, it's saying it's just letting you know that, like all relationships, you will have issues. These are what the issues are likely to be, and here's how you can work with them, and and and kind of you know, be prepared and and manage those those sorts of issues. So it's kind of it's acknowledging you know, everyone's light and shade and who you know will get along and who won't. But it's no relationship chips are doomed kind of thing, like like you can always make it work. There's always there's always a way. But yeah, but it also just can be really really helpful into because yeah, people find that the thing is non believers of astrology have really come around to how accurate it is through the through dating, through dating and realizing like, oh my god, I was warned that I would have issues with Gemini men, and I bloody well do. It's like it's so fascinating that that's what's made people come around when you apply it to your love life. I think people kind of get skeptical when you apply it to your day to day life. And I blame that on things like, you know, kind of crappy newspaper horoscopes. But when it comes to compatibility, that's what's made astrology have this boom. Like so I've noticed, for I tell the story of the time. But so when I started Pedestrian in twenty eighteen, and as I said to you, whenever I go to a workplace, I think, how can I turn this website into astrology dot com? No objective? But no, but I did pick no, no, I'm so technical, But what are your thoughts on me just rolling out some like regular horoscopes every now and then they said go for it, and so I started doing that and it was kind of it was kind of fresh. I think they've written about like mercury retrade in the past, but never just like you know, regular horoscopes anyway, and it's funny like back then, so twenty eighteen, so six years ago. I think honestly, when it comes to the good thing about working online rather than print is that you can see how many people are clicking on your articles. And you can also see how they feel about the articles because they're leading comments obviously on the post, which is actually helpful. As scary and annoying as it can be, it's very helpful to gauge what people are into and what they're not and where the conversations go. And I noticed that the commentary, it would be sixty percent of people being like, yes, astrology tag and their friends, Oh look this, look what it said about you, Look what's said about me. And then there was like forty percent of people being like, what the fuck is happened you pedestrian? You've lost the plot? Yeah kind of thing. But we persevered and from then until now, Honestly, I can't tell you I write about astrology on there every week. I cannot remember the last time I had a negative comment. Like people are just full on like into it now because that when you think about it, the last few years, it's taken over social media. Ye, it's because there are so many apps that people have like co Star and the pattern like Channing Tatum has the pattern like who did known? Like So my point is just like straight men even who wouldn't typically be into it into it's like it's become a lot more respected and received. And yeah, people like genuinely take it seriously. But that's my thing as well. I always say, I write to my book, it's a guide, it's not gospel. Like take it on as like a guide to help you, but don't. Yeah, there is a concern with people swinging too far the other way and reading it like it is the gospel and being like, Okay, we don't. We're not compatible. Therefore I'm writing you off or having preconceived notions about some someone because typically when you meet someone, let's say, if you do ask them what their sign is and they tell you, oh, I'm a capcorn, and then you all these assumptions about them. Yeah, but so that's their sun sign. You haven't considered the entire chart. So maybe typically you don't get along with sun signs, But what about the moon sign that's your emotions? You know, things like that. In terms of relationships, there's also the venus sign, which is how you love, the mercury sign and how you communicate. So there's so many different pieces of the puzzle. You can't a You shouldn't write people off at all, because you know you don't want to make judgment some people, but b you certainly shouldn't based on just one sign. It's a guy to kind of help you. It is a good indication, and so it can be helpful and do take that on board, and you know I certainly do, but it's just not it's more of a FYI. This is what astrology says. But go ahead and see how your relationship goes. And you know you can at least you've been forewarned. All I'm saying is it shouldn't be gospel.
Speaker 3: It's a guide, yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And I feel like just the relationship side of that, Like that's not even just romantic relationships, that's friendships.
Speaker 3: That's colleagues, yes, and like.
Speaker 2: In regards to like communicating and even for people listening, like your kids as well. You know, I've found that understanding my kids' astrology charts and kids are like it's so funny because like adults, you kind of grow up moving away from yourself a lot, because you know, we're trying to survive into society.
Speaker 3: Children aren't there. Yeah, they just are, so they're pretty accurately their.
Speaker 1: Charts a depletion of the sign. Yeah, yeah, Okay, it's really funny to bring this up, this whole conversation about children and their astrologies. It's so interesting that one of my best friends, she and her partner, they're both quite into astrology, and so they were almost like tailoring when they were going to conceive around the sign that they wanted their child to be bloody works. They were like, they were like, Okay, we're going to have a watertime baby. We specifically want it to be a scorpio cancer. I'm a scorpio, I'm her best friend. And guess what the child's birth date is going to be my exact birthday. So it worked whatever their plan was, they timed it out perfectly. But it's just such a funny like new age parenty thing where it's like that has become, you know, like just something that's even considered and for example, speaking of like new age, like where it's come. So I'm now a hiring manager. I have been for the for the last year year in a bit, so I hire the staff a pedition and there was a time where I was like, I wonder if I can answer what their signs are? Like, No, probably not. It's probably like asking someone's age. That's a definite hr issue. I'm not going to do that. But either way, as I said, it's also the thing. It's also when it comes to colleagues, it is like going on dates where it's like, Okay, you know you may not get a long long in these areas, but here's how you're going to work on it. You're just going to you know, avoid these things and you know, bolster them with these different things. So it's never a doomed thing, but it's always just a thing that you know.
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting because I do that. I literally like I'm like, what's your birthday? I love like I meet people and straight away I'm just because I think it kind of feel like it's it's just it's like little, Okay, I'm getting a little bit of a I'm getting a picture of what I could be dealing with or like you know, in relationships or friendships or whatever. Like I know, if I know enough about their main signs, I kind of get an idea of what their communication style might be.
Speaker 3: You know, like if you're dating an.
Speaker 2: Aquarius, don't expect many replies, don't talk to them too much, don't you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where and that doesn't indicate that they're not interested. They're just not geminis who are like this but all day, like what are you doing? Like, It's just it's just who they are. So it just helps you become aware of that. So it can be helpful in that the ones I have the worst rap I find a Capricorn, Scorpio, and Gemini, which I've mentioned a few times. I'm a scorpion myself.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, and do you know what's so interesting? They're three of my favorite signs. I like, get along so well. Geminized, I get along with so well, especially women geminis.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with them. Same with Scorpio, same with Capricorns.
Speaker 1: My thing that I always rant is that I don't really see the gender in astrology all that much. I'm kind of like, oh, you know, all scorpios are fairly similar men, women, whatever, Like that's just my opinion, Like everyone has a different take on it. The sign where I see the do see the big gender thing is with Gemini. Gemini women are the best, best, best, best best people and Gemini, like Trump is a Gemini, Kanye elon maskall these like awful men are all geminized, but the Gemini women are the best people you live.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is so interesting because that is literally my experience as well, and I'm very much the same.
Speaker 3: I've always just like never seen gender.
Speaker 2: Especially in astrology, except I've always noticed every single fuck with that I know is my own Gemini.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. That's like they have such a bad rap and dating, but the guys, not the girls, And I mean, you know, they bring it on themselves again and it's not a blanket thing, but it does happen a bit too often. That's my thing. Which astrology is just like I don't I don't know. It's just it's too act to not be really like you know what I mean. Like, once you just start applying it to your life and looking at the people in your life that are different signs, it's just like, oh my god, it makes so much sense, Like you can't ignore how accurate it is. Like once you start applying it to your day to day life and think about the people that you do and don't get along with and where their chart falls, like what their sun sign is compared to yours, it's just like, oh, okay, so yes, one hundred.
Speaker 2: How are some other ways that people can use astrology that you find that they don't really or that it's not really talked about very much because you know, everyone knows they're like a lot of people know their stuff. There's sun sign, but like maybe not much else up.
Speaker 1: So for example, your communication sign, let's face, communication is everything how we communicate with other people, how so how you're perceived things like that. So that's your mercury sign. So if you look at your mercury sign, that might be more helpful when you're maybe if you're looking at when if you're trying to navigate the workplace and you're trying to think of, okay, so how do I get along with you know, like you start a new job and you're like, okay, this these are the signs of all the people that I know. It's a tricky thing because it's like you can't say that like people that you just meet. Can I see your full chart? You know what I mean. It's easy to be like, oh, what's your what's your what's some sign? But it's hard to be like I need to see everything but hot techno if you do want to, one thing that you can do is get co star and add them on that and then you can see what their full chart is and like what you'll kind of relate to. So that's it. That's it. That's a handy little thing. Then. Yeah, so your communication sign is your mercury, So have a look at what your mercury is compared to them, and then look at the compatibility of those signs because you'll see how you'll communicate. If you're having issues with them, you can think, Okay, well they're a Leo and they communicate in a dramatic fashion, and so I need to perhaps approach the situation a bit more sensitively, not lighte fire with fire because that's going to cause a blow up and maybe that's just what they want, but you shouldn't give them that. You should kind of water the situation down and just kind of you know, take the drama out of it, I guess, and just approach it with logic kind of thing. So different, so that can be helpful. Also, the venus is how you love and what your relationships are like, So if you look at the venus sign, that can be really helpful in love. Whenever an astrologer does a relationship compatibility, reading the venus sign is very important. So yeah, the venus sign as well as the moon sign, because the moon sign is your emotions and how you think and feel kind of thing. Another super helpful thing if you're ever reading a horoscope or anything to do with astrology, whether it's you know, a book or whatever it may be, and you're reading it and you're kind of like this, you know, my son's sign, I'm not really quite gelling with what the information says. Then have a look at what your rising sign says, because your rising sign is how you appear to the world, and it's kind of like your essence as well. A lot of astrologers actually recommend that when you do read horoscopes, yeah you don't even of course read the sun sign, but put to put more stock in the rising in fact, so both of those are equally crucial, and I found that that's been really helpful a lot of the times, where to be honest, I'm a scolpius to run through it, so more often than not, I totally relate to it, and I don't think I've ever not related to it, But to give myself a full, more well rounded guide to what's going on, I'll also look at my rising which is Sagittarius and that's actually the sign that everyone guesses to me, I appear a lot more outgoing than I actually am, but I'm actually quite introverted and like my own space. But I look like, oh, yes, everyone, come over, when really I'm just like I like to be alone, go away. But no, no, I'm both because we are dynamic as humans. No, literally, we're dynamic as humans. You can't pigeonhole people based on one sign. That's why the chart it's so helpful to look at the full chart, And as you said, the best part of it is when you're looking at just your own chart, it's kind of like it's. Astrology has really fueled people's like self indulgence, which is necessary because we're in an era where we're loving you know, therapy speak, and we're really kind of trying to get in touch without inner self dishadow work understand why we are the way that we are kind of thing, and astrology helps you do that. You can look at it and be like, why do I communicate this way? I keep blowing up. I don't mean to you, why does this happening? And you can look at what your mercury is and be like, oh, it's because again you're a leo and so you have dramatic communication fashions. It's how you're built, or like yeah, or like why am I you know? Why do I love being such a loner? And then you'll realize it's because you know, you're a Torus moon and you just kind of like being on your own except for you, the one person that you know that you love being around. So it's just kind of like it can it really gives you purpose and just answers to help you understand why you are this way, because yeah, you can bug. You know, you spend the life, your whole life in your mind seeing therapists, and do still see therapists. By the way, This isn't a replacement of that, but I'm just saying it can be an interesting piece of the puzzle speaking of therapists actually finding a little story. So I saw Gwyneth Paltrow when she came to Sydney, right she did a little talk and it was it was great, not a little talk. It went for like an hour and a half, but it was great. I was I was on the edge of my seat. And she mentioned how one of her you know, she's very kind of spiritual. She mentioned how one of her good friends is a psychologist astrologist, and I was like, that is fascinating to me. Most people would think that that's like an oxymoron. Most people would not go to see a psychologist that's also an astrologist. But the more I've thought about, I'm like, it so makes sense because that's such like a helpful tool to be like, well, you know, you know, someone will say what their issues in life are, like oh, I'm not getting along with this person, and then I guess this psychologist astrologists would be like, well, that's because they're this and you're this, and of course you're like this because of this, and we can work on it this way. It can be so so so helpful in helping you navigate life in general.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And also like I know when I've had my that was just such a like whoa so true when I've had my chart read before and literally like the astrologist is going, you know when you were this age something like did something happen around this or like this is when such an And I was like like, are you a fucking psychic?
Speaker 3: Like were you how do you know this shit?
Speaker 2: And she's like, well, because it's literally in your chart. So imagine being a psychologist and being able to like understand that as well.
Speaker 3: That to me is actually amazing.
Speaker 2: I love that you brought that up because I feel like you embody this as well. Right, you have worked in mainstream media for a long time, but like the way that you're bringing in an element that is so not mainstream or hasn't been especially like you know, you say you're working at Dolly, like Dolly days, it was very different to these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred man, Oh my god. I remember. I remember one time I got a letter in the mail when I worked at Dolly, and it was like it looked like one of those like ransom notes. It was all in like block letters. It was so disturbing from this woman who she was like, look, i haven't actually bought this the magazine. I'm just at a library and I've just picked it up. I don't have any kids. I've got no skin in this game. I'm a forty year old woman, and but I just want to say that I think it's really inappropriate that you're teaching astrology and magic to children. I think it's of the devil and you should be cheating them. Proper values. And I'm like, okay, first of all, if you don't have kids and you haven't bought the magazine, and this isn't for you, Like I'm not really taking your opinions on board, but b I'm just like, it's so it's not that deep. It's relaxed, chill, it's nothing scary, like just you know, calm down. But all I'm saying is that, yes, they were, and you do still get that from time to time. Now, oh people, I've had two people told me that they've gone to buy them my book and waiting in the aisle of the Big w or the Dimicks or whatever will be someone because it's you know, the mind, body, Spirit section, so it's probably not specifically for my book, but they're kind of waiting there, and they'll approach them and be like, why are you buying that book that's you know, that's of the Devil. Why didn't you come over here and buy the Bible instead? I think that's you know, that'll be better for you, and kind of preaching at them, and yeah, one of my colleagues was like, well, this is my friend bought this one. He didn't write the Bible. He wrote this Bible, so I'm going to buy this instead. It's in some books. There's one shout out to Harry Hartog and marrackl. The way that it's set up is it was like spirituality and it had like my book and then below it was the Bible. And I was just like, there's no ranking system, but I just love that, Like it was just so funny to see it on a bookshelf that it was above, like it's like the Messiah or something anyway. But yeah, my point is attitudes are definitely changing, and as I said, the last five six years, and I kind of I equate a lot of that honestly to social media. I think social media astrology has kind of made a lot of people come around to it and realize how fun it can be. Like think about the means and it's like it can be so it doesn't have to be just it's like it doesn't have to be a serious like this is the gospel. You have to live your life this way. It can just be a silly or fire signs. Do this on the first day, Like it can just be fun and unserious and you get so excited, you know, going out and meeting people like at parties and being like, oh, we're the same sign. Yes, so you know we relate in this way. And that's what I mean by the club's energy. It's like when you go out and you meet someone that's your sign, it's so exciting and you think, oh, I have so much in common with you, and yeah, so it can bring people together in a lot of ways. Like like as I said, don't let you know, compatibility push you apart. It can actually bring you together and make you realize, oh we relate in these and these and these ways. Or I get the opposite. I'll meet people like oh, we're not compatible, but you know this is this is what the areas that we do relate on. And you know that's why there's the whole chart to look out rather than just the sun sign. But yeah, so it can be a really it brings people together, I think, and I think that's really nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, even like when you were talking about the people that you're like not technically compatible with, I just had such a bit of a like light bulb moment before where because like, as an Aquarius, if I'm not compatible with someone.
Speaker 3: I'll just just not be around them. But I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like there's no working around it. I just I need to mend the gap. It's just like, Okay, tapping out that is very I know.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, but do you know what if I actually took the time to understand it a little bit more, Like I have the ability to expand and I have the ability to sort of like because that's you know, the way that I see everything and like all the information that I've always gotten. It's that we're here in this human experience to expand our souls and to learn and to grow. So I'm like, oh, that's just such an opportunity actually to expand yourself more because you're putting yourself into like a really uncomfortable sort of situation where you're having to sort of like really work against those shadow sides of you and understanding their shadow sides of you. And I think, like, again, it just comes back to so much understanding, Like astrology can help you understand yourself so much. It can help you understand other people. It can help you understand your kids, like knowing your kids charts. Honestly, even before when you were talking about the communication, like understanding their mercury, I was like, I need to look at what my children's mercury is.
Speaker 3: Why have I not even thought about that?
Speaker 1: That must be so cool to think you can look at like their whole future in a sense, and not in the terms of like fortune telling, but just to know like what they're going to the personalities will be like, and how to kind of and what to focus on, what to foster in them, what you know, just isn't their thing, what they might need to work on, and you can kind of help them become better at that, Like it can be a really useful tool for things like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, what else is happening like this year?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like the rest of this year is going to be fucking insane in like really interesting, expanding, expansiony kind of way astrology wise. What's happening that we need to know about.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest overarching things this year was the idea that technology was going to be really like changed and kind of left with And I think that the biggest sign of that that we've seen is that AI has had this boom, which is kind of scary more so than ever, Like, I think there are so many people this year have lost their job because of AI, And you know, technology is like constantly rapidly growing, which is what was kind of predicted for this year. And even like Elon Muskers said that he's terrified of AI, you know what I mean, And if Elon Musk is good or something, that's really really a sign. But yeah, so I think that that's kind of a big thing. I think, just being wary of AI to start with. In terms of other things, there's yeah, we've got a few retrogrades happening at the moment, And interestingly, I've actually found that the retrogrades that are happening right now can actually be really helpful in a way. Like retrogrades are such a scary thing, like they strike fear in everyone's hearts, but actually what they do is put you through tests to help you better yourself and change change things up kind of thing. Like for example, Saturn, we're currently in the midst of Saturn retrograde. Satin as a planet is it's kind of like didn't you know the Satin return how like you know when you're in your late twenties, you'll kind of go through a bunch of tests kind of thing. It's known as like the task Master planet because it puts you through different tasks to kind of see what you're made of and help you grow quite a thing, because without adversity, we don't grow, we stay the same. So it is unfortunately, it is necessary part of a necessary part of life. And I'm just finding that a lot of people that I know at the moment are kind of going through all sorts of changes. I know so many people that were you having to move for example, myself being one of them. I have so many friends. There was mass redundancies at my work, a lot of my colleagues kind of lost their jobs. A lot of people are going through it right now. It's because everyone's kind of being tested by all the retrogrades happening. And although it's like a kind of a scary time, I do see the dust settling and then by the end of the year kind of not so much being able to coast. But again, from these changes, there's very much a vibe of if you don't take the leap, you'll stay somewhere forever for an extended period of time and kind of be unhappy. So it's like, so the point is everyone's kind of being and pushed right now, but those pushes are necessary, and I kind of do see a positive future coming from that which might not make sense now but will make sense in time, you know what I mean, by the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Do you know what is so interesting is I did I do these like weekly group healings where it's like this collective reikie healing and I like bring all this information through. And that was like basically the theme of the most recent healing that I did, where it's like I just felt this. It was like it now is the time. Now is the time to like do that thing, because it's just like the perfect time for it, and if you don't do it now, it's just going to like become a harder thing.
Speaker 3: And it's so literally just what you said.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I always say, like, it's so interesting to me when I hear astrologically what's going on and how it relates so much to like intuitively the information that I receive about what's happening collectively.
Speaker 1: And it's what I was saying to earlier about how it all goes hand in hand, which is just so beautiful. Yeah, it's so fascinating, even like just different schools of thought or whatever, like it's still it's the same message, which is lovely, and then that's how you know it's accurate as well, the fact that you know, we were both kind of picking up the similar thing from you know, coming from completely different angles. But yeah, overall, it's I think everyone's kind of feeling it right now. But I do see the dust settling eventually, and I just think that the overarching message is, you know, don't ask why is this happening to me? Ask what is this? Try to tell me what am I supposed to learn from this? And then yeah, again, the only way to grow is through tough times.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I think that the moment that you surrender into realizing that, like the point of life isn't to be feeling perfect and happy and life is like literally just a manifestor's dream every single second. But the whole point of it is, as you said, it's a constant up and down because every single time you go down, you learn something from the down and you bring it with you as you go back up again, and then you just do that back and forth them back and forth.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm really like, whenever I write articles or write my book and thing about astrology, I'm trying to change people's way of thinking in rather than being like, oh shit, Mecurretro's grades coming, like we're all we're all doomed. But more so it's like, okay, it's coming, buckle up, we can do it. But fore warned is fore arms because like you know, with Macro retrograde, for example, that you know it's helpful. Everyone knows the warnings by now, you know, allow extra time for travel, double check all texts, emails, et cetera, that kind of thing. So that's it's really helpful. But it's also a matter of Okay, things are going to change, and they're going to hopefully change for the good. So it's kind of like it's kind of like in Taro, when you draw the death card, it doesn't it that you're going to die. It's actually an exciting card. It means change is coming. You're about to close a chapter and open another one, which is exciting because you know, whether you love or hate change, change is a necessary part of life and it kind of keeps life interesting. So it's so with the retrogrades, for example, it's just like, okay, cool, it's you know, time to hit refresh and see what's about to happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love how you.
Speaker 2: It just makes me like keep thinking about the fact that like using yourself as evidence is like actually so profound. And I feel like that's even like astrology and why astrology is becoming so popular and why people are starting to really lean into it more is because the second that they start to even give it the opportunity to maybe be correct, they realize that they are their own evidence of the fact that it is. And I feel like that's even the way, like, yes, what you're saying about like the ups and downs and stuff, I think we forget to look back and use ourselves as our own evidence that we are how important it is to sort of like experience adversities because it literally is how you got to where you are right now. And I think it can be so powerful and it brings us back to ourselves and how powerful we are when we're like my own fuck evidence of how resilient I am and how like necessary this is one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying. It's like when you're like scared of like oh shit, you know this is coming, It's like, well, this is you know this being like maca retrocrat, whatever it may be. It's like, well, it's come many times before and you've gotten through it. Not only have you gotten through it, but you've thrived and become better because of it. So you've got more learning to do, more growing to do it, more thriving to do. Because that's what like is.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: How can people look after themselves in this next saturin retrograde?
Speaker 1: My big thing is just be kind to yourself. I think it's we're so quick. As I said, we're in an era where we're looking at our faults and doing shadow work and analyzing our good parts and our bad parts, and that is so good and I love that we're doing that. But when you do that, don't fall into the trap of spiraling into self pity and being mad at yourself. Just really be kind to yourself, practice self care, and just recognize that we are all multifaceted humans and we all fuck up, and from fucking up, we learn and we become better. So just overall, like the thing, you're going to have a lot of like truth bombs and a lot of like realizations. And when you do, even if they're negative, like don't run from them or hide from them, really look them in the face and lean into it and be like, Okay, well why am I exhibiting these bad behaviors? Why did I do that to that person? And from there you can find solutions. You know, you can apologize, you can see a psychologist, you can do all these different things. But just don't run from your flaws. Do some shadow work, and when you do, just don't beat yourself up because that's going to stop you from you know, from growth and change and from fixing those issues. So just be kind to yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely perfect. Thank you so much, Matt for chatting with me. It's been such an honor.
Speaker 3: Your book.
Speaker 2: We can find that. I'm going to add like the link and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the star sign. Yes, yes, it's on sale now. You can grab it from dimicks. You can grab it online, you can grab from big w Yeah, just most places that sell books have it. So you have a read and you'll learn who you are and aren't compatible with.
Speaker 3: I love that so much. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Now I add your Instagram and everything so everyone can follow you and be obsessed with you like I am.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. Thanks so much, guys. This is so fun. I love the pod and I'm so proud to be a village crazy man.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that. Thank you so much, Matt
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bye bye