Speaker 1: I get a Champs, Welcome to Another and Storm on the show Tiffany and Cook Patrick James Bnillo on a fortnightly basis, we're all here and Patrick, can you just tell everybody what we were just talking about? And the new I didn't even know there was a higher tech version of Monopoly than the one I grew up with in the sixties and seventies, but apparently there's Monopoly with credit card now.
Speaker 2: It's probably twenty years old. It's not that high tech, right, So it's a variant on the Monopoly craze because you know, they started coming out with monopoly themes. So it will be no surprise to anybody that I have a doctor who Monopoly, a James Bond Monopoly, and the Simpsons Monopoly. And the Simpsons is my favorite monopoly because you have a credit card reader and instead of handing over cash, you put your credit card. So if I'm transferring money to Tiff, I would put my credit card on one side and her credit card on the other side, picturing Homer Simpson, and then the money would just go off my card and on the tips card. And it's a lot more it's a lot more fun to play and you're not, you know, exchanging cash and all that sort of stuff. But it really is a lot of fun. But it brings out the best. No, it doesn't bring out the best. It brings out to the actual worst in people. I think I can't find it. I can't find any positive things that happened out of Monopoly because scheming, conniving, double dealing, you know, the whole lot, It just all comes. What was your family, I mean, I guess, did you play with mum and dad Craig?
Speaker 1: I did? I did, And we were talking before we started recording. I think Tiff used to be the boot. I was the car a fair bit. But just tell everyone about the sound effects that come with the simple well.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, So if I'm transferring money to Tiff and I've lost, you know, a bit of money, then Homer Simpson, once it takes the money off my card, he does this doll and then when it goes into TIFF's card, it goes whoo. So it is a lot of fun. And I was ship. I was always the ship. That was my fun playing Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon if us three played, it probably wouldn't end well. I think someone's mum would have to come in and just take over, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my big brother and he used to win at Monopoly all the time. Coincidentally, he was the banker all the time, being six years older. And when I was in Canada many years later, he lives in Canada now and I went and visited him as an adult. We talked about playing games as kids, and it's like, how come you always won at Monopoly? He said, because I cheated.
Speaker 3: High childhood, he cheated and he would get He had this thing called a death street, So if you had all the properties on one row, he called it his death street.
Speaker 2: You're approaching my death street, And yeah, he just cheated for the entire time.
Speaker 1: Well isn't it funny when you think about the simplicity of the games that we played when we were kids, I mean even pre pre tech, you know, and you look back and you're like, how the fuck was I interested in that? And how did that? But it was at the time, it was like snakes and ladders? What a stupid game? What a stupid game. I was enamored for hours. It's like, oh, look at me, or what about in the same ballpark, not a game but a thing that kids played with do you remember the most joyful and painful toy of all time? Click clacks?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, they used to click claques, so you just slapped them and they clacked. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but remember they had like they were made of like a hard marble stuff.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't they were wooden with it?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no, no no, no, you're no. I'm talking about balls on the end of like string. Yes, do you remember those? It's just about choke to death? I do, but yes, if not testicles if like like like a child's toy we're talking about, except they were dangerous. Yeah, with these clicks. There's eight people out like, can you talk for a minute? Two, I'm going to look up click clacks.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I want to share my most vivid Monopoly memory. Oh, the only one I can recall My brother, he's seven years older, and I remember a day when we lived in this particular house and he said, do you want to play Monopoly? And I just loved my brother. I idolized him, and he had his girlfriend staying over, so I was like yes, and so he goes, all right, we'll come and set it up and we'll play it. And he made me set up the monopoly board, and then he locked me out of his room and he played it with his girlfriend and I sat banged on the door and cried and cried and can't I still feel the heartbreak in my heart?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's terrible when you're twenty.
Speaker 1: I want you to go right now to go into Google. Go into doctor Goog's click click clacks original. Oh they're both doing now, Patrick, you can't do it as well. You have to talk to me, so yeah.
Speaker 2: That's right, there's someone has to talking to yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They were banned because kids were breaking their wrists.
Speaker 2: They're made of glass or a really rigid plastic. Don't that looks awful? That looks so coorous?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and those things were see now you understand you.
Speaker 2: Know what else was dangerous?
Speaker 5: What did you do with click clacks?
Speaker 1: Okay? So Ti, if you went like this, so you just shake and the balls would go around, click on top and back together. Go into the video like is they're not a video?
Speaker 4: There? Oh?
Speaker 1: This is absolutely a terrible listening, worst podcast. Can you stop doing what I'm telling Tiff to do? Can you stay in the conversation?
Speaker 2: Can you Okay, so tell me click clacks? Look at my T shirt. What am I wearing?
Speaker 1: Well, you look like you're wearing a spaceman in space with one thousand balloons holding him up.
Speaker 2: And the balloons are in the shape of planets, but they look a little bit like click clags, So I was getting at.
Speaker 1: Also terrible for an audio only experience. You do better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's my favorite T shirt. It's just an astronaut flying in space being held up by balloons that look like their planets.
Speaker 1: What about all the ham strings we'll get off games in a moment. TIF Have you found it? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, fuck that. What about all the hamstrings and quads and lower backs that were fucked playing Twister mainly by adults back in the day.
Speaker 2: More than likely. I was thinking, as you were talking about snakes and ladders, how cool would it be to have a Twister sized snakes and ladders that you could walk along. That would be fun, And then when you get to the snake, you've got to run all the way down to the bottom of the board. That could be fun and dangerous.
Speaker 1: Well, also good for fit. Well, there's life size, like grown up sized chessboards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really fast, We've got one in the land. We've got one in the street outside our mechanics hall. They have chicken. Yeah, I've played it a few times. It's really fun. Was that checkers or chess? It is chess, I can I can confidently say the last game I played of chess I won.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you I've never played a game of chess? Like? We never had it. It just wasn't in our orbit growing up. Tiff, can you play chess? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I played it with my police to play with my grandfather.
Speaker 2: That's scrimmage. It's nice with cribbage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't remember how to play that now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: I used to cribbage play like. It's like on a timber board with all these little holes in it, and you put matches in that tiff day, Yeah, and you play, yeah, and when you win, you move your matches further along the board. And my old man used to apply forgot about that. Me and Ron used to play fucking hell. That was the That was how Ron and I bonded. I might have to take up I'm thinking of going up there today. He's fucking eyes all light up like a Christmas tree. That'd be great crib board.
Speaker 5: That would pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't played since I don't know, probably have played forty five years. I'm sure he remembers how Yeah, but he gets a little bit obsessed with the Telly, so trying to get his attention these days as a challenge.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so can I just round off the whole The Simpsons Monopoly so still set up on my dining room table because me and the fifteen year old. So the parents have gone out of the game because well, his mum just packed up and said, look, I'm not getting any houses. I'm going to give up now. But I talked to him to staying and playing for a bit longer, but trained for my own benefit. Yeah, I ended up getting a house at the one house she had so I could form a set. But it brings the worst stouted people. And now Chris and I are looking daggers at each other across the table. It's all set up ready to play once I finished the podcast, and it's going to end in tears.
Speaker 1: You just now it's going to end into you.
Speaker 2: It's it is fun.
Speaker 1: It doesn't bring out the worst in everyone, So just maybe there are nice people out there. The three of us played, it would be a fucking disaster. It could be the beginning of the end. Whatever happened to those podcasts that Patrick and Tiff and craigily.
Speaker 2: But someone was recounting a story last night about it. A couple they knew were a sister and brother were playing a game and because it went pear shape, they hadn't spoken to each other for twelve years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't It's like, yeah, it's it's funny, like I get jealous of people who have brothers and sisters. Not jealous, but I've always you know, it's like you don't know, like you don't because I've never had one. It's not like I had a brother or sister and lost them.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have a brother or sister so I could be estranged too. No.
Speaker 1: I just like when someone's got a brother and they don't talk to their brother, I'm like, why the fuck? I would love a brother, Yeah, love a sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I occasionally played many.
Speaker 1: The idea is better than the reality. Huh.
Speaker 2: Well, look the dynamics of you know, interactions with people. You know, I think about my I've got three brothers, and my youngest brother's disabled, so I had him up last week. I was really cute actually, because I've told you about my brother before, but his care and I arranged to meet up and not tell him that he was coming to my place on the train. And then I got into a hotel called the Wallace Hotel, which is just down the road from us, and they have a tram, one of those old green trams in their garden space, and so he got to hang out and have lunch and we hung out on the tram. He was very excited.
Speaker 1: How excited was he when he saw you? Straight up?
Speaker 2: He was, yeah. He got off. I mean because she kept saying to him, I know we're not seeing Patrick, keep saying we're going to Patrick's. Are we going to Patrick's? Were on the Bellerrat train that's on the way to Patrick's place. No, No, we're meeting up with a friend. And then when he got off the train, he was pretty excited. And I had Fritz with me as well, so he's he's a bit scared of dogs, but he always says to me, oh, I like cats. When he sees Fritz always sits next to him, because it doesn't say he doesn't like dogs. He says, I like cats.
Speaker 1: And now we know now he knows that his care is a liar. Yeah, and he cannot trust her.
Speaker 2: Patrick, you know what you can't trust Crago?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Android phones? No, I'm kidding, you can trust Android. I was trying to do a segue to actually talk about technology.
Speaker 1: Why can't we trust Android?
Speaker 2: No, we can trust Android phones. But they turn themselves off now after three days if you haven't turned them off automatically.
Speaker 1: Is that a good thing? Well, that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Actually is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's well, this rolled out with Apple phones last year where if you just leave them in and don't actually shut them down, because it's a number of implications with phones. So if you want to apply a security patch or an update, you actually have to do a full reboot for them to apply that update, so whether it's a security updates. So that's one good reason. And in fact, I think last year Anthony Albaneze he came out and said everybody needs to turn their phones off regularly, like once a week. It was an interesting it was related to security. But the other thing too is that if your phone is unlocked, certain data is still available because when you do a full shut down before you put your pin code in, all the data is locked down, but as soon as you open up your phone, it actually makes it more vulnerable. So that's one of the reasons that Google is saying, we'll look do a full restart of your phone, to the point where they're now forcing their users to do a full restart of their phone if they haven't done so in the last three days.
Speaker 1: I always get scared at one come back on when I turn it right off.
Speaker 2: Or really, you do back up your phone? They don't you do you have a cloud on? He's gone blank? Have you got that means?
Speaker 1: No? I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: No, but you you back up? I mean you have some sort of back look if someone would have done it for you, I'm sure I don't know. Well, let me just suggest that perhaps you look at your backup settings on your phone and make sure it does back up. That wave your phone doesn't come back on, you can get a new phone, put your details in, and then all your data will magically come down off the cloud.
Speaker 1: Like what That sounds like a good idea. Maybe I should start doing that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure you do. I'm sure one of your able assistants has done that for you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure are you seem nervous.
Speaker 2: I am a little bit nervous because I worry for you. I'd just like to know that you've got everything ready and backed up in the cloud. I can do that with you. I can talk you through it after the podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, maybe maybe tell us about Google and dolphins.
Speaker 2: Oh see, this is so cool. Researchers who work in the area of dolphin talk and dolphins speak. I mean that is kind of a research area. What what they've been doing is working with Google because this has been going on for more than forty years, so research is in the field of dolphin and monitoring dolphins. Have been recording the noises that dolphin dolphins make. Now there's squeaking sounds. I don't even think the noise that Flipper made was actually a real dolphin. I think it was Anyway, I'm digressing somewhat. But what's been happening is they've now been using AI models to interpret the noises and use the data to try to predict what the next sound might be that the dolphin makes based on all those forty years of recordings. And the reason they're using pixel phones is because and currently they're using pixels sixers and they're about top grade to pixel nines. But the reason they're using them is, well, they're cheap in terms of equipment. They're not really expensive. But you can use a recorder on a phone now, and because AI can clean up that data so easily or that audio, you don't need to have high quality equipment. You can just use a mobile phone. And what they're hoping is that they can get to a point that they can see patterns and at some point be able to then play those noises back to the dolphins in a way of a rudimentary communication with them, which is pretty exciting stuff. And I think that's where AI has come to the fore. It's put a lot of really interesting number crunching and interpretive data into the mix, so that you can take really a really broad set of figures or numbers or data, in this case, recordings of dolphins over forty years to establish those sorts of patterns that really it's very hard for human beings to do. But when you've got a language model that can interpret that using AI, and then having devices that we have on our you know, we carry around with this. We're carrying around basically supercomputers connected to the largest database in the history of the planet, so you know, think about what we can do with our phones, and then now they're using it to hopefully communicate with dolphins. At some point.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I was pursuant to this, because I'm going to extrapolate off this. I was talking to this lady who makes my coffee quite often at the cafe. Her name's Keano. She's Japanese and English is her second language, and she's great, but she struggles with some things, and so you've got to talk slowly, and she was asking me some questions. I was explaining to her the idea of metacognition and a few other things like thinking about thinking and all of this stuff, and I went and so I just went into chat GPT and said, is what is metacognition? What is theory of mind? And it spews out this answer, and I said, now translate that into Japanese, and then I gave her my phone and she's like, ah, like so straight away, here's a Japanese explanation of these things that we were talking about. But I couldn't really clearly explain to you, and now here it is in your language. And I'm sure if I had said you know, give me the reply verbally in Japanes I should have thought of that. But imagine if you can say to your phone or chat gp TE, tell this dolphin, I want to play ball with it. How good would that be?
Speaker 2: I was just thinking how cool it was that you didn't have to give her a fish or wet her down. So that was one benefit of being in a cafe without a dolphin.
Speaker 1: What what tis got? It didn't it? I kind of think that's offensive. I'm not sure spoken and authorized by Patrick.
Speaker 2: Because if you're talking to a dolphin and they're out of the water kind of talking to you, then you've got to wet them down and feed them fish. But you don't have to do that with people in cafes.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't agree with that comment at all everyone, especially to that lovely lady who made my coffee. I think Patrick, you'll get all these contact details at the end of the show when we.
Speaker 2: Talk about getting contact details, because that's a really good segue into a kind of a scary little bit of research that's being done at the moment into how people are using AI to do reverse image searches. So when we take a photograph on a digital device, these days with phones, it's pretty amazing because you can store a lot of data about the device you took it on, the time you took it on, but also the geographical location, which can be really useful. So we recently did a tree walk in the town that I live in, and we looked at it's called a historic tree walk, and we looked at twenty nine. We had an arborist come out looked at twenty nine trees of significance, and there was trees of significance for lots of reasons. They might have been the type of tree it was, it was a rare tree, or it might have been planted at the primary school because it was in remembrance of a person who was a teacher at the school that died during the First World War. So we're talking some really interesting stories. And then what we did was I took photographs, We did the tree walk, I took photos, and then we put it all online. We create a QR code so people can do the walk. But to get those locations, as you can imagine, I don't really know a lot about trees, I can come out and admit and so I did the walk and it's like where the hell was I when I took that photo. I went back into the what we call the metadata of that photo, and I was able to just pinpoint exactly where that tree was on Google Maps, so then I could add it to a digital walk around our town. So that's handy. But there's more than just metadata. What people are doubt now doing is they're using Instagram posts. They're using a photograph of you sitting at a cafe talking to the person about dolphins. And the AI model is able to not just look at the metadata, but it looks at where you were, what's in the background, even if it's blurry and it maybe a tram was going past. It's now able to and this is this concerning thing, is that they can work out where you were and the location specific just by a single photograph without needing the metadata. And so it's opening up the concerns about privacy because suddenly you know you could be doxed. You know, that's something that's a real thing where someone could say this is where Craig is every Thursday morning at five o'clock, and they could give an exact location and a time if that you were posting at a regular location. So it opens up some concerns for what people are posting online and what that could reveal about you just by putting it an innocent photograph online.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I've been I've been listening to a book series called The Gray Man. Have you heard of that, Patrick, No, I haven't. Yeah. So it's basically about spies and good and bad guys, all that bullshit that I love. I love I love escapism. Right every I me either listening to something that I need to, like a research thing or a silly podcast or that. But lately I've just been getting when I do my million walks that I've just been listening to that. But like even with this, it's they're really well researched. And I think about all the espionage and all that, all the stuff you're talking about where people can you know, geolocate people and people can find out all of this, like all the stuff that happens, you know, in the world of spies, which are very real, by the way. That's that shit's incredible. And right now, like you said, like the tech that we I can't use it, you can use it, But the tech that we have access to now is it makes the world a very small place. And like if you are worried about your security, like your personal security, if you're a high profile person or something, you'd be a bit nervous.
Speaker 2: It is something to think about, I guess for all of us when we use social media, if we do, I think you need to think about ramifications of just simply posting a photo. You know, what are you sharing out there? And it could be your kids, it could be your friends, but it is something. It's that extra layer of I guess complexity to our lives that we really didn't need. It's to oh, man, I just posted a photo or you know, friends just took a photo of all of us at a function, and it does open up the kind of the rabbit hole of where we are going with the abilities that AI are bringing to the table things we've never been able to do before. So things as wonderful as being able to communicate with dolphins or talk to someone that you're conversing with in their own language, which is amazing. It's wonderful. You know, I was traveling through China and I downloaded the language pack for you know, simple Chinese, and so I could just real time point my phone at a Chinese menu and it would convert it into English as I scanned my phone across the page. You know, that's how I survived, eating food and going to restaurants and you know, scanning signs and moving around, and that's phenomenal. It's all the great positive things about AI and this sort of technology that's giving so much power to us, but it's, like anything, there's also a negative side to it.
Speaker 1: Well, another thing that's in the media a lot at the moment is d Trump's tariffs that are being rolled out like a bloody bowling ball in an alley at a rapid rate, and there are there are a few things happening around that.
Speaker 2: Look, I had to have a bit of a chuckle because it's now because I think he's put a temporary like he suspended the tariffs on some electronic devices like phones. But Apple did a bit of a panic, you know, because Trump kind of announced this and it was going to happen like the next day and lunchtime, it's going to like it's going to happen any second now. So Apple then quickly shipped six hundred tons of iPhones from India to try to beat the tariffs. So they kind of fast tracked gettings. That's six hundred tons. That's so many phones. We should type that in and work out what that actually because I don't know what an iPhone weighs, but that's just blows my mind. Six hundred tons of iPhones were rapidly shipped to the US to try to beat the tariffs, and you know that to me is I mean, obviously people were panicking. And it wasn't just Apple that did that. There were some other companies that were shipping trying to get things into the US before the tariffs kicked in so that they wouldn't be stuck, you know, with the larger amounts. Although I think that when you think about it, you know, even if there because China has the tariffs tariffs of over one hundred percent, doesn't it I think that was I don't know.
Speaker 1: Think hotly up to it at the moment. By the way, iPhone what.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, I don't keep up with the iPhones is.
Speaker 1: An iPhone item. I'm doing some rudimentary maths.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, see you're trying to Yeah, because I think it depends on the model as well, though not just you know, because.
Speaker 1: They have different We're going to ballpark. We can't yep.
Speaker 2: So you're trying to work it out, aren't you? Six hundred times?
Speaker 1: Well, if I know what one ways, I'll tell you what if our bloody secretary over there, if she could, if she could.
Speaker 5: Get her sixteen I do believe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, how much does an iPhone sixteen? Way? Please? Tiffany and Cook?
Speaker 2: This is riveting stuff, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, tiff you could cut this out about three million, three million, five hundred and twenty nine thousand. Okay, that doesn't seem like that many, it doesn't, did you reckon?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Three point three point five to three million? I mean yeah, I guess all right, Well, nobody needed to know that. Nobody needed to know that, and everybody's just wants to fifty seconds of their life with me doing that. I apologize.
Speaker 2: You know what I really like is that co pilot. When I typed it in, it came up with between two point sixty five to four point twenty nine million, But it actually gave you the calculations as well, So I told yeah, it's so amazing, isn't it. I find that little process interesting because you know, when you had to do maths tests at school. It wasn't about getting the answer. It was actually about getting the formula and showing that you knew the formulaic approach, so you could even get points for getting the wrong answer if you demonstrated that you followed the right principles across I always. I actually found that simultar solving simultaneous equations was my famous favorite math thing. Wow, No one needed to know that. I don't know. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah again another fifty seconds And in Parabolis they were funny. Do you want do you want to waste fifty seconds? Now your turn? You want to do you want to crush everybody's spirit for fifty seconds? Do you want to suck the life out of their day? If you can share something as boring as Patrick and I just did, ready, fucking hell, we're on a podcast. Patrick's telling us about how how good he was at maths. Come on, son, do better lift your game? Tech bloke.
Speaker 2: Hatif you know straight to the straight to the source. No, you'll know by the reasoning once I get this out, if you let me know. Tip Une Trees a robotics company and they're about to do the first robot on robot boxing match. I thought you'd like this. It's so amazing. This is going to happen soon. We're talking sometime in the next month. Is the Uni Tree company has got two boxing robots. You know what. I'll send you the link to it. You should look it up. Just look up you need Tree boxing robots. Because the first video they revealed was a person in a ring boxing against the robot, and what the robot looked pretty lame. It was small and it was kind of boxing. But what what made me really excited was watching the robot get back up when it got knocked down. That's what I thought was really cool was seeing how agile the robot was and how it was able to get back on its feet. It really, you know, with all the that's what really staggers me about the way the robotics is working now. It's you know, being either being on an unfirm infirm's surface on and Crago and I are going to have a chat shortly about another sort of robot that we're both going to buy and we're both going to ride and we're both going to go away and an adventure holiday with But but in the meantime, TIF boxing robots, what's your take on that one.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: I'm very sure would not.
Speaker 1: You would not want to get punched by one, that's for sure. Imagine if that like connected. Yeah, speaking of robots fighting, yeah, robot was the that's awesome. Yeah yeah, well yeah that was like the genesis of bloody stand up robot boxing.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, very much so. But I don't know. I don't know that I reckon i'd like you, cragi, I'd be concerned about getting in the ring with a robot, But I think robots boxing our robot war was I think that would be kind of cool to watch. I actually think I prefer to watch a robot get hit than a person. I don't know. I couldn't watch you box, Tiff. I would be too upset watching you box. Now you get over that pretty quick. I don't reckon I could.
Speaker 5: I used to be like that.
Speaker 2: Really Yeah, I know, I think that would be really upsetting. I mean, I'm not really big into watching boxing, but to see a friend get, you know, in a boxing ring, I don't know. As long as you beat the shit out of the other person, I think I'd be okay. I just don't want to see you take a punch.
Speaker 1: You'd love to see me get punched in the face. THO, wouldn't you? Exactly exactly. It's like, oh, actually that does sound good.
Speaker 2: I maybe you could get a car of gloves for Gregg and no, which you have a spar together? Have you? Have you ever taken him in the ring?
Speaker 5: No? I haven't. Maybe it's time hearts.
Speaker 1: Definitely not. I only fight in car parks. I don't fight in boxing ring.
Speaker 5: Matthew stopping around.
Speaker 1: Car parks outside pubs, that's my forte. No.
Speaker 2: During the week, we had a bit of a text discussion and we video clipped to each other. Can you tell everybody about Kawasaki's cor leo, because.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't have it in front of me, but I did see it before you sent it and no, no, no, it's yes. So Kawasaki built what looks like a rideable Kawasaki, of course, being a motorcycle brand, a rideable robotic horse slash dog wolf.
Speaker 2: I think a big wolf.
Speaker 1: It kind of looks like, okay, there you go. Well it's got I mean, it doesn't have wheels, it has legs and it runs allegedly and yeah, I was look, they do look amazing. But I was thinking a dirt bike can go anywhere, that can go anyway, and probably much safer. But they do look ridiculously cool. And I could see you and me just traversing the bloody outer reaches of Victoria through the alpine, bloody out back. I don't know, though, Well, there's two things about it amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One thing that caught my eye was that it's hydrogen powered, which means there's no toxic fumes. They're very quiet, but because they because they've got legs rather than wheels, they looked amazingly agile, and they have an ability to keep the rider in position. So even when they were on an angle, did you notice the rider seemed to be sitting quite comfortably, so less chance of falling off. I just thought it was amazing. My heart went into my mouth a little bit when it got close to the edge of the cliff. I just thought, you don't hit that joystick forward. Whatever you do, don't joy to stick forward. And I think the other thing about it, which was really cool is you didn't actually have a handlebars as such. You just leaned in the direction. So the idea is that it will start to move whichever direction you lean in, so I could feel that it'd be a really interesting symmetry between the person writing where you would feel like it's much Do you ever see the segways those the two wheels by lean forward? Yeah, I think there's something about that sort of control where you move in the direction you want to go that I think after a time it would almost feel like it's a part of you. That would be quite interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've actually built, which does not interest well, it interests me just from a technology point of view, but the last thing I would want to own they've actually built. And this sounds ridiculous. You know, we've got self driving cars, so they've got self They call them self driving, but it's not driving, it's riding. I hate it when people say, I'm dry, Oh did you drive your motorbike? Here I go, you don't fucking drive a motorbike. But anyway, I just, hey, everyone in the whole world, you don't drive motorbikes, just so you all know, now you fucking ride them. They've got two wheels anyway, so they've got a self riding motorbike. Patrick, does that annoy you tip when people do that or you don't notice it?
Speaker 5: I think I did it to you once, I think.
Speaker 2: And I did it deliberately because I know how much it annoys you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, fuck, it's not a car anyway, No, Patrick, They've got self driving nudge nudge, wink wink. Motorbikes which you just sit on. That would scare the shit out of me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, sitting on the back of your bike going fast through traffic scared the shit out of me.
Speaker 1: You fucking loved having your crutch up against my back and your arms around my big fucking chest. You loved it. And you're just breathing down my neck like a fucking creep.
Speaker 2: You loved every so scared I was going to.
Speaker 1: Love you would keep going, keep going. I'm like, but we're home. It's like, go further, yeah, I don't want to stop. I don't want to get off. Yeah, pouch, I'm like, and you're doing the same things. I'm like, we're not moving, you don't need to hold on.
Speaker 2: I have paraglided fifty one times, so I have deliberately walked off a cliff with a piece of fabric above me. I've rock climbed at Mount of Rapolis, and I still have never been more scared than being on the back of a bike with that bloke.
Speaker 1: Did you get hurt?
Speaker 2: You know what it is? I think it's the sense of not being in control, you know when you do rock climbing or paragliding solo, that sort of stuff. And I guess it would be the same with riding a motorbike. TIF if you're riding a bike and you're the person who's in control, it's different than being a passenger. I think being a passenger can be really tough for some people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you're not familiar with the the leaning and the control of the direction.
Speaker 5: I felt the.
Speaker 4: Same when I did fly flew the helicopter because everything, all of the sensations don't match up with how you feel they would, so it was terrifying.
Speaker 5: Like I was just on I was just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to ask the question, when did you fly a helicopter? That's so cool.
Speaker 4: I got bought an experience of flying a helicopter for my fortieth birthday, so a couple of years ago. Yeah, twenty four hours. It took me to come down from that adrenaline spike because it was just you're doing four different things with four different limbs. But each of the controls don't match what you would assume they should.
Speaker 2: It's like because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then there's a bit of a lag and the experience and you're seeing things differently and it was really terrifying.
Speaker 2: Wow, I want to ti. I've ever been alicopter. It's the one I've been in planes. I've been in light planes. I've jumped out of planes, I've done skydiving once, I've paraglided, but I've never been an a helicopter. I'd love to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I zero interest?
Speaker 2: What really?
Speaker 1: Zero interest? I went to I went to Queenstown. I must be the only person that goes to Queenstown that didn't bungee jump from the biggest bungee jump in the world. And people like you when you're doing bungee I'm like, I'm not. They're like, what do you mean? I go, yeah, I want to. They're like, what do you mean? Like, but your fucking I go zero interest in jumping off of fucking bridge?
Speaker 2: You know me too? Isn't that funny? It was all the things I did in New Zealand, all the adventure things starting ending in ing, so rock climbing, paragliding, jet boating, no, I didn't want to do bungee jumping.
Speaker 1: Doesn't I mean, And it's not like if I had to do it, like if they went, well you need to to fucking save someone's life, I'll be all right, Well, straight me in and I'll jump. But it's not something that appeals to me. It's not like, oh, I want to do it, but I'm scared. I just don't want to do it. It holds zero appeal to me, you know. But but that back quickly to the motorbike thing. What is interesting is you're right, Patrick and Tip like some people sit on the back and they have no fear and they just trust you and they have the best time ever. And other people understandably Patrick, because I would not want to be on the back of somebody's motorbike either. I'd be scared as well. And other people it's like literally one of the worst things they've ever done. It's like all the most terrifying things they've ever done, and for other people, they cannot wait to do it again.
Speaker 2: The interesting thing for me is I think if we were on an open road with no cars, I would have been fine. It's not your riding, it's all the variables of other drivers and cars that may or may not see you, that cross lanes, all that sort of stuff. It was those variables that I think was what was making me nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I usually people who are scared they lean in when we stop at traffic lights. They're like, how long have you been riding? And I tell them and they go and then like how many accidents have you had? And I go none, And then that gives them a little and then they're like, all right, well, statistically I'll probably get home. But you can hear them doing the survival maths, like asking all the nerve questions.
Speaker 2: Did you guys? I mean probably less for you tif crago. Did you do any woodwork at school? Was that anything you know, wood shop or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had year nine. We did a whole year of woodwork. Yeah, go on.
Speaker 2: Our school never did. And I was not allowed to do stuff like that in the garage at home because I wasn't allowed to touch Dad's tools and stuff because I always left stuff lying around. I guess, but I always feel like it's something that I missed an opportunity on. You know, I love gadgets, but I've never done you know, the actually building furniture or building stuff. And now I'm really excited about ar carpentry. This is this is so so so cool and what's what it is? And this makes so much sense. So this has been developed in Switzerland, so a university in Switzerland, and what they're doing is you using your power tools. So say, for example, you wanted to make a cupboard. You've got all your different pieces of materials, you upload them into the platform that you're going to be using, and then you put a like a tablet device that sits between yourself and the power tool that you're using, and it uses the camera so that you're seeing everything in real time. Obviously it's got to be for safety, but then it overlays where your source should be going, what the measurements are, where you could cut that up, and effectively it guides you every step of the way of the manufacturing process so that you can actively be doing all of that and it guides you through the whole thing. It sounds amazing to me, So it's you know so, And the good thing is it's not overly expensive because it just it's a normal tablet like an iPad or an Android tablet, and it scans each piece of wood, so it knows the size of the wood, it knows what you're going to do with it. You've uploaded the plans, and then it's basically your augmented reality Carpenter's that's there for the journey. I think that's great. How exciting would that be?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Well, I definitely I either need to get a bloke or a lady for that matter, to come and do it, or I need that I'm shit. I often think I wish I was more handy like that.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: I struggle filling the kettle. I mean, you know, putting petrol in the car. I'm like, well, who look at what I did. I'm a man, you know. It's like, yeah, I'm not that handy.
Speaker 2: My go to if I was joining two pieces of wood together, I'd use gaffer tape. Yeah, it would be my go to before I used scraping.
Speaker 1: Why nobody's coming to you or me? But in fact, I definitely walked straight past you and me go to Tiff. She's the most She's probably the most blokey of the crew, and I mean that with complete love. She would admit that, and the most handy. You can put shit together.
Speaker 5: Like one hell of a pencil box in high school.
Speaker 1: Must well you must have had the same teacher as me. We made a pencil cases.
Speaker 2: Well everybody did. I think that was like the first thing everyone does, because my brother did work at school. He was six years older but went to a different school, and he had about eight of those you're talking about, the boxes that had a little slidey lid on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an upgrade from what we had. We just had ply.
Speaker 2: I had in case that I had to buy like off pencil cases, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Patrick, I see on your to chat about list Blue Origins all female crew including Katy Perry. Yeah, I saw something funny about that. I don't know if you saw the something funny, but tell us tell us about the ladies going into space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well space tourism was the reason I kind of marked it is because it did make the news and people were talking about it, and it was the first all female crew of the Blue Origin which on the new Shepherd rocket. And I think for me, I love the idea of going into space, that romanticism of being a sci fi nerd and all the rest of it, But I don't actually have the one hundred and fifty thousand dollars US to buy a ticket to go to space, and you're up there for a time and then you know, I mean people talk about the astronaut effect and you know, when you see the Earth from space, it's a humbling experience. But I didn't hear about the fun Was there something funny that went on as well? I don't know. I just saw it as a experience.
Speaker 1: I just saw I'll try and find it for it's terrible and when you're doing this in the middle of the thing, but I saw, okay, so they'd come back, right, and Jeff Bezos it was about to like that. It was all filming. There were cameras.
Speaker 2: His girlfriend was on there as well. That's why Bezos was there, so it wasn't just his rocket. His girlfriend was going up as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, did not know that now, right, And and they're like, oh, they're about to go over and open the thing, and the actual door opens from the inside out a bit like and the door opens and then they're like, shut the door, shut the door. And then they shut the door and it's all I mean, it looked fake. I don't know. I'm not saying it was fake, but it looked fake and then he then they see him wandering over like it's being open for the first time and he has to work really hard to wrestle this spaceship door open and it had already been opened, and then they shut it again. I don't know, I don't know. It looked a bit dodgy, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Are you you would deny you reckon? It didn't go up at all?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm just saying what I saw. It just looked like I think. I think the problem with I'm sure they went to space, right, so I don't think it's fake space.
Speaker 2: The edge, little tip edge of space.
Speaker 1: It's like just past to Elgon. Yeah, but yeah, anyway, I'm I'm conspiracy curious. I'm not a conspiracy I just think that not everything is bullshit and not everything is true, you know what I mean. I think like you should, you should have some doubt and you should think critically, and just because some people tell you something, it doesn't mean you know, Well, we know humans lie, we know that we know governments lie, we know that you know, we know that there's a lot of bullshit. And that's not to say everyone's lying or the government's lying, or that's just to say you maybe want to think for yourself and do your own And by the way, doing your own research is not googling, that's not research. That's not research. And watching a YouTube video also not research, But says the man who just watched a YouTube video and says it could be fake, So don't fucking listen to me. That's why I said, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, just see you know, I think I put my foot in it before. I was just double checking, you know how I said it was one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. That's just to reserve a spot.
Speaker 1: On the Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Evidently it's unclear. No one's actually given the figures out. But I just did a search on it and said tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would totally think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you think about like there was only six ladies, right, yep, Well that's nine hundred grand I mean that's pay for the petrol out of the fucking atmosphere. Yep.
Speaker 2: That rocket fuel costs a fair bit as you're motivate.
Speaker 1: Rocket fuel rocket Yeah, I know, let's do let's do another story or two. Oh bloody technical one.
Speaker 2: Oh, technical one, Okay, there's I don't know if you've ever been afflicted with this. Throughout my life, I've had problems with motion sickness. So as a kid, I had awful motion sickness when I was sitting in the back of cars. I don't tend to any more pecular drive, but I have had problems with motion sickness throughout my life. And the University of Nagoya researchers there have said that they may have struck a chord literally a one hundred hertz sound that will stimulate the inner ear to improve balance and reduce motion sickness. And we're talking within a minute, So anybody who's ever suffered from motion sickness. And I've had vertigo as well, so on top of that, vertigo is the most debilitating thing that I wish no one ever ever experiences in their entire life. And if anybody listening has experienced it, me too, and it was awful. But if this can you know, a non invasive, safe sound being used to alleviate motion sickness, that would be the best thing. Think about people going on ships, going on cruises. You know how much of a waste of money would that be If you're on a cruise, free food, free booze and all you doing is chucking for the whole time, that'd be awful, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, and I'm sure it happens. It would have to.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is that most people then have to take I know that the first few days of voyage, most people are there lining up outside the doctor's surgery on the ship just getting drugs to stop motion sickness and nausea. And that is pretty bad. Noisea is a terrible thing to be afflicted with. But the study demons basically, it's a short term stimulation using a sound called sound spice as to be not scary spice. This is sound spice and it alleviates the symptoms of motion sickness, which is great. And you know, and because it's just audio, and it's also within the range of what they call everyday environmental noise exposure, so it's safe to listen to, which means that it's non chemical and it's totally safe. So for me, I jumped at that one. I thought, what an awesome discovery that is. And if you just chuck it in your cans, put your headphones, on. Have a listen for a minute or so and the motion sickness goes. That has got to be groundbreaking.
Speaker 1: How do we find that? Like some people right now are like, great, where do I get that?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, this is the research. It's being done at Nagoya University, So I guess you would have to follow up with the researchers. I mean they've done the study and they've looked at the wavelength this one hundred hurt sound that produced that. That is a specific wavelength that then you know, stimulates the in the ear of the whatever the balance mechanisms are in the inner ear. So I don't think it's been commercialized yet, right, Yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: Get back to me when I can actually listen to it, will you.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was really cool and I'm excited about it. I'm really excited about it.
Speaker 1: As someone, No, but you tell us all and then, by the way, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: But anyway, great story. Do you watch movie trailers? Do you sit there saying I want to see that movie right now. I'm going to wait till March or April or June. I mean, I want to see the fabulous four Fantastic four, Fantastic four. The trailers look great. Can't wait for you?
Speaker 1: Want to see the Fabulous four?
Speaker 2: I think a fairly different bill war together.
Speaker 1: The Fantastic Dude's going through Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, I think I'm being marginalized to here, tiff, Hey, what I heard about this awesome hack attempt over the last couple of weeks in Silicon Valley? Right? What they've got crosswalks? You know, when you go to a crosswalker, hit the button and you wait for it to change and then you move across the street. Well, people have been hacking them, or someone tacked them, and they've put the voices right of Elon Musk saying stuff. So when you go to the crosswalk and hit the button, you've got these ridiculous things being said. I thought that was pretty funny. So they were imitating Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk, so things like in Musk's voice, it would say, f U c K, I'm not alone. I'm sorry, I'm so alone. So there's just all these ridiculous statements. But I thought that was kind of pretty funny. That people are happy in crosswalks.
Speaker 1: That is funny. How do they do that? You know? And we just quickly back. This is a seems like a ridiculous link. But when you're talking before more about the the Kawasaki wolfs that you and I are going to ride out in the wilderness with four legs that are robot wolf for Corlo. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you wouldn't like everything is hackable now, Like if fucking like those crossings are hackable or the lights or the you think, well, maybe my Corleo wolf is going to be hackable. And what if it decides it doesn't want to stop, Like what if it gets sentient and it goes, no, fuck this guy. I'm just going to go and live in the wilderness and kill this guy. I can feel a bit of paranoia kicking in a little bit a little bit. I do worry Patrick. Where can people find you, follow connect with you and meet Fritz?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, well they can just come round of my place. I want to meet Fritz. Now websites noow, dot com, dot au that's the kind of one of the main websites for my business. But we do all sorts of stuff and I do teach tai chi as well. So if you want to do some free tie chi lessons, you can just jump onto tai chi at home dot com, DoD au. So there's the two sides. There's my year and Yang side of myself Grego, the work side, and the taie cheese.
Speaker 1: I love all of your sites. I love your front, your back, I love all of you, and your emotional side and your tech side, your sarcastic side. I love all of them. If have you ever done any tai chi with the great Man?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: I think he should do it one on two class with us.
Speaker 2: I tried to Hey, wait a minute, if you tried that. Last year, I tried to do a session with anybody who wanted to join or remember we talked about it, happy to do it?
Speaker 1: I reckon, we should definitely this year do a zoom taye chi with you.
Speaker 2: And anybody who wants to join in.
Speaker 1: Has that? Can we do that?
Speaker 2: Can we do it just a random high chi session? Yep? We can do some breathing exercises. I mean. The thing I love about tai chi and it's funny to have the analogue and digital world mesh because for me, you know, we live stressful lives and technology phones, all of that sort of stuff being connected social media, it causes an apprehension and a level I think of fight or flight that stimulates our brains. So when we're looking at social media, our brains get stimulated and our fight or flight mechanism can be certainly stimulated by that. And then winding down and doing something like taye chiese slowing down your breathing, being in a mindful situation. And you might get that in the ring. Craig might get that in the gym, but for me, it's doing tai chi and sharing tai chi and seeing that light bulb moment when someone just gets it and then they slow down and they slow their breathing down and they come out of it feeling relaxed. That's really a great thing for me. It's a lovely gift to be able to share with people.
Speaker 5: Chie going once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah exactly. So I do a bit of Chea going yeah exactly, it's great, and howl at the end of it, how were you?
Speaker 5: It was great?
Speaker 4: But it's that thing where you feel good at the end and you're like, I'm going to do this, but then you lose the grasp of that feeling and there's not enough drive to go do I really want to stand there and wave my arms around at.
Speaker 5: Nothing like so I'd rather go punch your face.
Speaker 1: It was like your jiu jitsu career.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, you can do things for long enough for I don't know your subconscious minds to give you that drive to just go.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go, and you've all got to go. We'll say goodbye a fair but Patrick, thank you, Tip, thank you, See you next time, kids,