Speaker 1: Apologie Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to she Risers, Freety Friday, Go Secrets, Horror Scandal.
Speaker 1: Hysterio, smile. Oh, today's story is chilling off my worst nightmas Niggers bumps. Let's just get straight into the story. Thank you for sending in your anonymous sbmission. And remember we don't know who's winning any of these in but this one is a little bit creepy. Okay. A few years ago, I was out with a male friend of mine and he was drinking. I was a designated driver, so I was sober. We were both partying and having fun. Two men approached us and asked if we would like to continue drinking at their place. My alarm bells went off and I said no thanks. My drunk male friend was all for it and talked me into going against my better judgment. We got into the car and started driving. I was in the back and my friend was in the front. We arrived at the front of the house, which was an apartment complex. My drunk friend got out of the car. I went to get out two but the door was locked. They drove off with me locked in the back seat and my friend was left on the side of the road. How fucking scary. Oh my god. No, they started talking to each other in another language. Oh shut up. Can you imagine even knowing what they're saying, and that what they're planning. Oh, and I began to assume the worst. I didn't know where I was or where I was going. I had my phone in my bag next to me, but I didn't want to reach for it. There was two of them, and I was locked in a car, so I couldn't fight my way out. The only thing left to do was talk my way out of it. So I said to them, I'm so glad you got rid of my friend. I really wanted to have a party with just the three of us. Let's go back to your place and have some fun. Oh, they believe me. And they pulled up at another house. The car stopped and I heard the door clicked. I opened the door and I ran for my life. I'll always listen to my gut now and I no longer speak to my drunk friend. Stay safe out there, girls.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have chills.
Speaker 1: She is so smart. You, Oh my god, babe, thank you so much for putting this in. You were so smart. But I'd be able to have done that to be.
Speaker 2: Able to think on your feet like that. Fucking well done.
Speaker 1: I think I would have got out my phone and called someone.
Speaker 2: To think that, to know, but go, oh my god, I don't want to reach for my phone. What would happen if I reached for my phone.
Speaker 1: She must be so regulated, because I feel like I would be in I think I would actually go into the freeze state. I think I would freeze and not know what the fuck to do? You reckon.
Speaker 2: I feel like in situations when there's like we're fearful, scared or stuff like that, I feel like in the past, you really stood up, like you're going to protect a mode I've noticed.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that until last night and I froze in our hotel room. So we were staying at the Emporium in Brisbane, which is one of our favorite hotels. We love it, love it, except the beds are really soft and I'd never get a good sleep Anyways, three o'clock we both literally sit up. We're dead asleep, sit up because we heard someone trying to get into our room. We had an electronic card. Someone would have tapped it and heard that like that sound it makes when it unlocks the door. Yeah, we both heard that, sat up. I can't remember who said it one of us? Did you hear that? Like yep? Tiana jumped out of bed, went straight over, checked the lock, looked out the peep hole. I stayed in bed. I froze, you completely froze. I think normally I do go in to protect a mode, and I think normally I don't know. I suppose other friends that stuff has happened. I do feel more protector, a little bit more masculine, but yeah, protector. Yeah, but I didn't last night, I think because you reacted so quickly. Yeah. I then softened, not softened, but just freaked the fuck out. Yeah, they put it. Yeah, even when you asked me to get up to check the lock, I did it, but I couldn't bring myself to look outside the peepe hole. Yeah, I remember, because if someone was out there, would have freaked out. So I don't know in that situation, maybe you would. What do you think you would do in that situation? In the car?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the car, I don't know what I would do, but I think the intrusive thoughts would be so loud, like just My mum has always warned me of stuff like that. To be made me watch fucking Taken before I went overseas for three months. Like he just wants me to be aware of how things like that can happen and how quickly they can happen, so to always just be making sure that you're mindful of your surroundings or me and listening to this story. Now, I'm like, that's such a smart thing to do. Before hearing this story, I don't think I would have thought to play along neither. I think I would have just become terrified and like tried to find a way to escape. But I don't know if I would have been smart enough in that moment to think of that. M Like, that's so smart, you know. Would you call your phone? Would you text? Would you?
Speaker 1: And who would you call? Like? You probably your dad? Would you? I'd probably call Steve? But like what if they didn't answer? What if they're an hour away, they can't help you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What would you call the police? They can track your location? Right?
Speaker 2: See that's interesting because when I think about it, I'm like, my first choice probably wouldn't be the police. It'd probably be somebody I love. Yeah, and then they can sort it out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh no, I've seen on a movie once too, and I was telling you about a show I watched. Two so two stories here. One was a show that I watched where couple got kidnapped in Peru. This is a true story. Got held captive for sixty two days or something and they all went to gang rape her. And she said she had ovarian cancer and couldn't have sex and they didn't touch her. Wow, And they said her free. In a movie I remember, a girl was about to get be sexually assaulted and she said she had a really heavy period and they didn't touch her. Wow. Yeah, wow, Oh that's crazy, Like maybe I would try that.
Speaker 2: When I heard this submission come through. You know what I thought about, babe, Like how many times we're in Brisbane and we get in and out of ubers, Like when do we ever really check to make sure the other person's fully out of the car?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't do it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we.
Speaker 1: Can at the same time get out the same time.
Speaker 2: It's just like those split second moments you don't realize something can happen.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. That is crazy.
Speaker 2: It's interesting a story here for you as well. I remember my mum showing me this one documentary around a young woman who got like held captive in someone's basement for years.
Speaker 1: And what she did.
Speaker 2: She actually claimed that she'd fallen in love with her abductor and started to like act like she was enjoying it because obviously he was raping her and like yeah, and like you know, acting like she wanted to be with him, and like because there were other women there. I think there was multiple women, so it was like she wanted to be like, I'm special, like pay attention to me, that sort of thing. He started to let her out from underneath the house.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then she started to have a little bit more freedom and stuff like that. And then one day she just jumped out of a window and ran and like freed herself, and then all the other women got freed as well. Oh so smart you, but like right to think of that in that moment is fucking crazy when you're in fight or flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose you just don't know when adrenaline is running through you what you do. I think when I around my children, I would definitely step up and do anything. Oh yeah, I have so many intrusive thoughts of someone's to come into my house. I would literally offer my body. I would offer them whatever they wanted, as long as they don't touch my children. But yeah, I think because you last night, because you got up so quick, then would into freeze. If you had frozen, I think I would have stepped up there. Oh, so scary like this to make me think of Bali. Whenever I go to Bali, there's always security outside my villas, which makes it feel really safe. Because I've heard women not feeling safe in Bali. But I feel so safe over there, and I shouldn't be naive, but yeah, everywhere I stay, there's always security out the front. There's a big gate at the front of your villa, and then there's door locks inside your actual ram. I always feel really good in Bali. But maybe we should I don't know. Take some There's little devices that I've I've sent you on Instagram this morning. It's a device you can get to put on your door and so it's an alarm if someone tries to get in. Yeah, maybe we should buy some. Yeah, just to be a little bit more careful. And we don't drink, so it's great. We're not going to put ourselves scary situations. But just never to split out, which I don't think we would it anyway.
Speaker 2: I think something that has come up for me in Bali, Like I felt pretty safe in Bali, but I've also only ever stayed in Novilla once before. But for me, something about like the retaining walls are great. Yeah that I'm like, it's open air above the retaining wall. I don't know why that made me nervous. And then I think sometimes I'm like, oh, when we're all on separate bikes, we've got to trust that the people who are driving us are taking us to the same place. Yes, I think that's definitely.
Speaker 1: Come up for me before. Yeah, but I was.
Speaker 2: Young then as well, so I was probably like seventeen eighteen in Bali and had that thought.
Speaker 1: It's a true thing. I have a lot of trust in the Ballets. I never feel unsafe getting on a scooter. Yeah, I know that's naive of me, but I do have a lot of faith in the people. I don't know, I feel like.
Speaker 2: They are good people though for the most part.
Speaker 1: The most part, Yeah, ever had really beautiful experiences, and I've been going there since I was fifteen. Yeah, I'm thirty six. Ibow probably those fifteen times now, yeah, I've never had you know what, actually had a one taxi driver who wanted more money and I was with my mum around my mum, I'm very protective, and she was getting quite scared and I was arguing back because he just wanted more money. And then he locked the doors. Yeah, and I like raised my voice and I was like, ah ah, I think I leant over unlocked as I was like, get out, mum. She got out. Yeah, and then I jumped out and he knew who he was, so I just went straight. It was the security and I pointed yeah, took a photo of his on a plate and he sped off. Yeah. But now we've had good experiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh goodness me, this is crazy. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Speaker 1: Yession. Say safe no matter where you are, they say feet streets safe. Yeah, look at your surrounding. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always pay attention to where you are, where you're at, make sure you're not doing anything or going anywhere that might put you in danger.
Speaker 1: And girls do not accept drinks off other guys please. Yeah, like, oh when my friends do that, I'm like, I will pay for you. I used to be younger and go out parting or took a couple of girlfriends to Vegas one year and they just want to free drinks off guys. I was like, I will pay for you. I don't want you risking that, Like it's not worth it to me, not worth it, no way.
Speaker 2: Have you seen those views of how easy it is for someone to spike your drink easy the day and how it's common.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, thank you, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm so glad I don't drink Oh say that, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'll be drinking bottled water. Thanks, yes, with sparkling water with a fresh piece of lime, not your line. Thank you for joining us, guys, We'll see you on Monday.