Speaker 1: Hey Beauty, It's Jamie Joe and Jesse Massou and welcome to Skinfluence, a podcast dedicated to beauty, fashion and self love, turning your weakness into your uniqueness. Before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record the gallicill people of the Urination. In today's episode, we are going to be chatting through our top five favorite foundations for any occasion. Everyday, formal events. We've got you covered, so let's hop into it.
Speaker 2: So, when me and Jamie were growing up, we actually never used to wear foundation up until the age of Probably how old were you when you started wearing foundation, Probably not till I was twenty one. Yeah, I've probably started wearing foundation a bit more since I was just twenty Yeah, actually probably since nineteen when I was having problematic skin and I was a bit self conscious as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there are a bunch of different reasons why people do wear foundation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think for me, I really had beautiful, baby smooth skin for a long time, and I only started to wear foundation once I realized that it makes your whole entire look much more.
Speaker 3: Get seamless, and even every day.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I used to just pop on a little bit of concealer blush and muscara, but now it just doesn't have the same effect. As my sin gets a little bit older, I just need something to even out the tone.
Speaker 2: So you're struggling with like pigmentation or like just discoloration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you want to soaven it out. Yeah, as someone with tan skin, my body is so much darker than my face. I don't know what it is, but my face is always much more ghastly and white. So even if I have nice skin, I need to just even it out with like a little bit of a tint on an everyday basis. Otherwise I really look sick. I don't know what's going on. It's winter, probably do. So what's your go to skin tint? Because I know I have one that's different to yours. Yeah, well, my favorite one is the Summer Friday's Skin tint. It is so good. I did get it in PR and I thought, what's this tiny little bottle? It's tiny, Like it looks so thin and small, but it actually has thirty meals of products, so it's a decent amount of product in there. Yeah, and it is just a beautiful tint. What I mean by a tint is this really doesn't have any coverage at all, but it does just have a little bit of color and bronzeness that it's going to add to the face. And I use a tint quite a bit darker than my actual skin color itself, and it really blends so beautifully.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think when you like put it in your hand, it looks so much darker than it's gonna be. But then once you because it's so light coverage, it like seamlessly blends into your natural exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, what I do is I actually just put moisturizer all over my face and then I just add a few drops into my hands. After of the tint, I rub it and then I literally just buff it into my face with my fingers. Yeah, And it just creates a really seamless application and it looks beautiful for every day. It looks like skin like almost like I have nothing on, but now my face matches my body.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I've actually seen people pump it into their moisturiza themselves, like and then mix it into their moisturize and then put it on their face. Also for that that even apple location, so you could even try that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if you like go to a school where you're not allowed to wear makeup.
Speaker 3: But they won't want a little something.
Speaker 1: This is the perfect kind of product for that. Or it's really great for like retail just anything every day where you don't want to put a lot of effort in. You rab it in. It's like done so easy. But it is a little bit expensive.
Speaker 3: It's quite expensive. Everything's expensive in my opinion these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look at beauty these days, like the prices are skyrocketing. But it is a beautiful product. So it is seventy dollars and it's lasted me at least six months now, and it's still heaps of product less because a little goes like.
Speaker 2: A really long way with this product. Yeah, you don't need to like this product on my skin tone. I just I felt like it was too orange on me. But you have a different complexion, so I probably just need a different shade.
Speaker 1: I think you just need a different shade. Yeah, it's quite warm. It's a quite warm color that I use, but I really love it. So you can just buy that at Mecha. It's also easy to like keep in your car and your emergency kicks.
Speaker 3: So it's so tiny it is.
Speaker 1: I love the packaging. Its keep packaging.
Speaker 2: Can we compare it to it's like the laroche pose sunscreen packaging the Drunk Elephant Oh no, it's more like the drunk Elephant drops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those brunzing drops exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your favorite one?
Speaker 3: Hey, mine's actually pretty new.
Speaker 2: I've only been using it for three weeks because you've got center in pr but it's the Ilia Super Serum skin tint. But it's also an SBF forty as well, so I think because of that added product into it, it's a bit thicker, which I like because I do sometimes have like breakouts here and there. So just like the extra coverage that I think that this product have. It's still really nice for a skin tint, and the fact that it has SBF is great for everyone that like obviously in Australia we need to be covering our skin even in the winter.
Speaker 1: It's just easy to use too that you don't have to use two separate products. You don't need SBF and a skin tint. It's just all in one.
Speaker 3: And I think the sunscreen adds to the glow of the product.
Speaker 2: Definitely, start looks supernatural super glowy, but it does give you a bit more coverage than the.
Speaker 3: Summer Friday's tint. Would you're wearing it today, I'm wearing it.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing the summer Fridays today.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And like Jamie, I this in with my hands most of the time.
Speaker 2: If that's not working that day for some reason my makeup doesn't want to work every day, I can just buff it out with the brush if it looks a bit patchy as well. This one is eighty dollars and it's also thirty meals.
Speaker 3: So, like we said, it's expensive skin tints.
Speaker 2: These prices are looking quite expensive, but because you're only using a little bit of the product, it can last a long time. But still it's a little bit of an investment, it really is.
Speaker 1: But this brand is so beautiful. It's actually new to mecha. It's got some stunning products, like they have blush stick.
Speaker 3: Their liquid products.
Speaker 2: Are beautiful and like when you use them in conjunction altogether. I use their conceal and they're blush today as well, And just like the overall look is always so beautiful, so beautiful.
Speaker 1: What can I describe the brand as? It's very like clean, it's seamless. It does give that clean girl kind of esthetic, but in a very nice Australian way. I just really think it's such a.
Speaker 3: Beautiful brand and glow as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the packaging is gorgeous. Child.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on to more of like fuller average foundations.
Speaker 1: But we do have an affordable option for you guys, because we know these are like ridiculous prices, but it's affordable to an extent. Even drugs all these days, their prices are quite high and.
Speaker 2: Going up, like compared to when we were younger, Like looking at these prices and like, hmm inflation.
Speaker 1: Literally so true. Okay, it's the Mabeline Super Stay twenty four hour skin tint. We have mentioned this before, but this is a staple. We use this all the time, and I would say this is the next level up. So even though it does say it's a skin tint.
Speaker 2: It actually has a lot more. It has way more coverage and it's a foundation. To me, I think it's a coverage foundation exactly.
Speaker 1: I definitely put it in the foundation like space. It's not a skin tint at all. This is going to even at your skin, make you look really smooth, pawless, it's built glowy, like you.
Speaker 2: Can use a tiny amount and like it would be considered a skin tint, but if you put a normal amount for like as you would a foundation, it's really buildable.
Speaker 1: I would say it's a medium coverage medium coverage, and then you can definitely build it up to full coverage. But the thing with this is this Mabeling product is literally just as good as any high end product I've ever used.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, it lasts all day.
Speaker 2: When I've got like a big day of work or like events and stuff and I'm going from X to y, like from morning to night, this one actually does last all day.
Speaker 3: The only thing I'll do is like powder up a bit before the night event because it's quite a really good. Yeah, you can like kind of get the sweaty.
Speaker 1: Book, but it's such a beautiful foundation. And as I said, this is kind of that in between. It's not super full coverage, but it's definitely not a skin tin. So this is something that if you like more coverage, if you've got acne on your skin, if you have rasatia, if you have discolouration.
Speaker 3: This will pretty much covery.
Speaker 1: It really does, like even at the skin so beautifully. I don't know what maybe Ly put in that bottle, but it's so good. Okay, So you can really get this for twenty to thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: But you can probably get it on a deal half off.
Speaker 1: Well that's what i'd say. It's around twenty dollars when it's on sale, yeah, but if you're gonna get it not on a sale, it's around thirty bucks. So it's pretty good. And it's thirty meals of product as.
Speaker 3: Well, which is also a good amount.
Speaker 1: So it's a good amount. It's going to last you quite a while. It's just a really really staple. And I would say the color range is actually really good for skills.
Speaker 3: Good colour range.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the undertones are quite beautiful, like this one Jesse uses. It is honestly my favorite.
Speaker 3: I think he ever puts on color match for me that I found.
Speaker 1: And with someone with like teniin like an interesting undertone, it looks beautiful exactly. Yeah, it's so good. I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on to like the higher rand full coverage like luxury foundations that we love and swear by.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have two. Now, I've got one that I use every time I have an audition every time I go on stage, and I will never stray from this product. It is the best of the best for stage makeup and really just any formal event, really.
Speaker 3: Long lasting foundation.
Speaker 1: It's so gorgeous. It's the do your face and body foundation, and it really is designed to work for runway models for photo shoots. That's why it's so good for stage makeup. And it's eighty dollars from door. But but fifty meals exactly, this is fifty meals. Every other thing we've mentioned is only thirds. So when you put it in comparison, fifty meal for a high end lasting to your foundation is crazy. And this, I mean, I know makeup expires, guys, but sometimes we don't stick to those rules. I've been using the same bottle through three professional productions.
Speaker 3: And how many is how many is that?
Speaker 1: That's been over like two years?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't get anyone, No, I don't think, so you still got more and it still looks just.
Speaker 1: As it's so good. I literally used it through Hamilton, through like a little indie show I did, and through West Side Story. I was outside in the rain dancing and I would come off and I had a full beat on and all the other poor girls like their makeup and.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was off, it's sliding around.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they have a beautiful skin rate, like skin color range and this how can I describe it? It feels like nothing on your face. It's so weightless because it's just that thin consistency, yet it's still coverage.
Speaker 2: I use this my formal and I had just come back from like school is and my face was peeling because it was summertime. Yeah, and I was like, how am I going to look good? Like how is this going to work? And you know, to your your face and body to the rescue.
Speaker 1: They came in clutch. It's such a good product and because of that, you know extra twenty meals that you get. It's it's so worth it. This is something that you really should have in your draw especially if you are a performer, if you're an athlete, if you are someone who is really active and always wearing.
Speaker 3: Foundation like this is a really good one to invest in.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Go do your Okay, now we're going like that next step up, especially in price point, but we've got the Jogio Omani Foundation at one hundred and five dollars for thirty minutes, which is crazy. But why did we include this one in the mixture?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the luminous silk is very iconic, and I would say that this is something that's beautiful and special. So when you have very special occasions, this is the one, like.
Speaker 3: Think your wedding day, engage.
Speaker 1: Agements, you know, being a bridesmaid. This is something that feels luxurious. It's just a beautiful product as well. It looks absolutely incredible, It's going to last for a long time, incredible shade range. But obviously you know it's got a high price point. But this is something that it feels special and it's going to be like something that you kind of keep and remember for those type of events. I really like to use this when we have weddings or we've got like red carpet events. It's such a gorgeous product.
Speaker 2: So if you have a year like full of different special events, like maybe this is the one you want to look at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right. If you have like graduations, I don't know, birthday to buy graduate it's like a nice little treat that you can give yourself that you know it's going to perform and just look like really beautiful, and it's kind of adds to that whole experience. When you think of luxury, it's about the experience as well as the product. So when you're doing your makeup, it feels special exactly. Yeah, And I mean it's just iconic, like this is. If you're a beauty lover and you haven't tried this, it's just one of those staple foundations that no one can keep, Like, no one can keep out of their kids, especially professional makeup arts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going to have this one.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have it because it's just I don't know, it's just just good. Yeah. Yeah, when you think of top three yet, if you think of like top tier foundations, this is always.
Speaker 3: Going to be always going to make the list exactly.
Speaker 1: Those are our favorite five foundations for different occasions. Now as you can see, you can use them all like in different ways themselves, but having a few own rotation for different events is really really fun.
Speaker 3: And these are definitely on our rotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are We use these all the time. So it's just like a matter of oh, what am I doing today and which one am I gotta pick?
Speaker 2: Okay, So thank you for joining us today on Skinfluence. If you're interested in any of the products mentioned in today's episode, there are links available in the episode description on your podcast app.
Speaker 1: If you love what you hear, leave us a rating and a review.
Speaker 2: And if you have a question or want us to cover anything on the pod, reach out via our socials at jessimisud and at Jamie Joe, or send us an email at skinfluence at novapodcast dot com dot au B.
Speaker 3: Guys, we love you.