Speaker 1: On scoring Lils Ostrodio.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Paney Show. Coming up tonight a massive program. Joining me will be James Morrow, Josh Hammer and Caroline Marcus, and later in the hour Stephanie Bastian will have the latest on the John Passeuto Deeming child. Of course, we never forget left He's losing it tonight when Wolf stars She's the wife of Kamala Harris's VP pick Tim Walls. Two days and we are turned the Bay.
Speaker 4: By bye, Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the astonishing front page splash from Michael Warner in today's Harold Son detailing the bomb show claims from a review of the Daniel and Catherine Andrews car crash, which has concluded that Victoria police engaged in an overt cover up to avoid implicating a political figure in a life threatening incident. This explosive thirty six page assessment by former police assistant commissioner asserts that the Andrews family suv was traveling at speed and on the wrong side of the road when it struck teenage cyclist Ryan Muhlman in blen Gowery Back in January seven, two thousand and thirteen. Now we have heard differing accounts of what happened from those who were there. Dan and Catherine Andrews insisted that they came to a complete stop and turn right from a stationery position just moments before being t boned by the cyclist. T Boned is the expression that was used, but the pictures of the car showed something entirely different. And now the expert review conducted by the state's former Assistant Commissioner for Traffic and Operationations, doctor Raymond Suey, it's concluded the police investigation, which supported the Andrews version of events was deeply flawed, unfounded, and contrary to the available evidence. Dtor Sheuey writes the version as provided by Catherine and Daniel Andrews is considered improbable and implausible. The propagation of a lie and striking deception, the report claims, began when the driver's name was recorded as Katherine Louise Kessick, which is missus Andrews made a name in a traffic incident system reports submitted by police in the hours after the crash. And we'll have more on the police breaches a little later now, Doctor Schuey's review was commissioned by mister Meulman's lawyers as part of an ongoing Supreme Court damages proceedings into the crash. I spoke to Ryan's father, Peter Meulman back in June, and here was clear that the family will not stop seeking justice for Ryan.
Speaker 5: We're hoping to get justice for Ryan from this. It's just been such a long road for us. So we'd really like to get closure on the case. If you've got nothing to hide, you'd be transparent about all of those records. So just want that clarity and that closure and that justice.
Speaker 3: Joining me now, Sky you Senior reporter Caroline Marcus. Caroline, this is an explosive story. Michael Warner has been doggedly pursuing it while the bulk of the Victorian media looks the other way. The revelations the claims here are deeply worrying. What do you make of what you've read today?
Speaker 6: Well, it has been extraordinary, Brito, because this review has been unequivocally scathing of Victoria Police and it's handling of this crash.
Speaker 7: I mean, the review found that there were more than a.
Speaker 6: Dozen breaches of standard police operating procedure, and that included some of the basic things that you'd expect to happen at a crime scene like this. Well, we didn't know if it was a crime scene at what had happened, but it's treated like a crime scene at the beginning when police turn up to a traffic accident like this. There was no breath test taken of either Daniel Andrews or Catherine Andrews. The crime scene was never cordoned off, They didn't door knock neighboring residents. They allowed mister Andrews to drive off in the vehicle despite it being unroadworthy and being a critical piece of evidence to the entire scene. Clearly, and more than that, they proceeded to it seems lie in their initial police report that they submitted, So we just saw an example of how they used Catherine Andrews's maiden name. They also claimed that they had performed a breath test, only to later admit that they hadn't done that because police said that missus Andrews didn't seem to stink of alcohol, so they didn't feel that they needed to. I mean, it was quite remarkable, and not only of course, did Victoria police.
Speaker 7: Come off very badly out of this review.
Speaker 6: I mean it accuses them of a huge cover up because then opposition leader was involved. But Daniel Andrews and his wife don't come off well either, of course, because their version of events is found to have been improbable and implausible, and in fact, doctor Shuey leaves it open as to whether mister andrew was actually driving the vehicle himself, which of course he has always denied. But police never even asked Missus Andrews why she would have been driving his car at the time, They didn't check the.
Speaker 7: Position of the driver's.
Speaker 6: Seat, and a witness who spoke to them at the scene told them she saw Missus Andrews sitting in the passenger scene after the crash.
Speaker 7: So there are still lots of questions.
Speaker 6: That remain after this review has been handed down, but I think it is time for the former premier to answer questions to this family, who, to their credit, have not been dissuaded by the fact that they're up against a very powerful political family, but have continued to fight for justice.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the review you highlighted some of the police breaches there the failure to conduct breath test and as you said, claiming that they had done it when they hadn't, and it also found that they did not follow procedure in so many different respects. For example, they didn't call in the highway patrol officers or the major collision unit, which is required by policy. That's what you would expect them to do, and the police conduct that They were also concerns about an officer from the Rye Police station jumping the call, taking charge of the car crash scene two minutes after it had been allocated to another unit that was closer to the accident site. The review details how this senior constable stated that she was closer to the Blagari Street where the teenager cyclist was struck, but she was actually at Rye Police Station doing urgent correspondents and then took six and a half minutes to leave to go to the site. Doctor Raymond Suey found this raises critical questions as to why the senior constable whose name is redacted, wanted to take over the call and cancel a unit already on route. What external communications via telephone or radio with the senior constable occurred in the time from the crash to being on route. Caroline, I'm not suggesting there was any wrongdoing by the Andrews here. But for the sake of transparency, should there be immunity offered to any police officers involved in a deliberate cover up if one indeed did take place.
Speaker 7: Well, look, in my opinion, no, I mean this.
Speaker 6: They appear, on the findings of this review to have failed in their very basic duty of care to members of the public and their duties to investigate a crime properly and fully.
Speaker 7: You know, the crime scene.
Speaker 6: Was not caughting off as I mentioned before, and was closed by about six pm the same day.
Speaker 7: Of the crash.
Speaker 6: And that's despite all these questions hanging over it.
Speaker 7: I mean, in what case does that tend to happen?
Speaker 6: And these people need to be properly questioned over how this happened.
Speaker 7: And it isn't just the.
Speaker 6: Police officers who were at the scene, it is the people who were overseeing their work as well, who did come unto criticism in this review too, because there were other facets. To this reader, the family was never provided a report with who were the other who the other driver was in order to protect the Andrews family, and that is a very basic duty that police have.
Speaker 7: How did that not happen.
Speaker 6: How did the superiors of those officers overlooking it take place?
Speaker 3: There have been so many breaches. We've detailed some of them. We could spend hours on things that were done that shouldn't have been done. It is bewildering and it's worrying. Before you go, something a little bit lighter. Gender row has erupted at Thirteenth Beach Golf Links on Victoria's Bellerine Pinicsula after a man decided to dress as a woman to protest the club's discounted rates for female members. Maybe just wanted to get a discount. Hearing is or should that be here?
Speaker 8: She is here?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I'm identifying as a female now and I'm just about to inquire about the new membership, do you. Unfortunately, the stunt has backfired. He's been suspended and so as the dude videoing the whole thing. I think it's a little bit harsh. I think they're just making a point there and doing it in an amusing manner.
Speaker 6: Carrow, and don't we live in a time reader where if you identify as a woman, you are a woman. I thought that's the whole point. Clearly they've misgendered him by refusing to accept that in a weakness skirt. He's now a woman now, But obviously this was a prank that he wanted to show up the discrimination I guess that exists in this club because women are being charged a discounted fee for memberships compared to men, and the club saying it's doing it to address historical misrepresentation and that they have to take a stand. Golf Australia says, because what this frank did was to have a laugh at basically the inclusion.
Speaker 7: I don't know how it does that. It's in fact.
Speaker 6: It's having a go at exclusion because men are excluded from this discountant right. Look, if I was a female golfer, I probably wouldn't complain. But therein lies all the hypocrisy of this.
Speaker 3: Caroline Marcus, thanks for your time this evening pleasure. Joining me now is host of the US Report and co host of Out Signers, James Morrow. James start with the Australian Government's Misinformation and Information Bill. It's under attack from all sorts of corners, Coalition MPs obviously, but Elon mask and others who value the concept of free speech. This bill would grant extraordinary powers to the bureaucrats at the Australian Communication and Media Authority. They could impose massive fines up to five percent of global revenue on social media platforms if they fail to adequately crack down on what these bureaucrats deem to be misinformation and disinformation. Is this bill going to pass the Senate and what could it mean for Australia if it passes in its present form?
Speaker 2: Well, I really worry that it is going to pass the Senate reader. I mean, the coalition has said that they will always stand for free speech each but to the extent that they've done so, you know, they've said, well, the bill has problems, but it has issues, but they haven't said the whole idea of this is a complete mess and it needs to be thrown out the door. And I think that's where we are right now. You know, they're going to have a fight over this. They're going to make some rhetorical comments towards free speech, but I think the thing ultimately goes through because you know, it's considered not cost of living and some of these other things. But tell you it's deeply important here and one of the important things here is that the government makes a big deal of saying, oh, well, you know, it doesn't target individual users, and what that means is actually what they're doing is they're outsourcing censorship to the social media platforms. And we know they're already really really bad at that. So if you want to see information throttled online, just past this bill. It's already happening. But the other thing too, is it creates two tiers of free speech in this country. So if you're a journalist like oser, you're an academic, or you know, you're in the government, you have free speech, you're freer speech, you have more exceptions to this rule than if you're everybody else. But we know that sources like x wind up being actually very good with their citizen journalists who aren't formal journalists, not worrying for NewsCorp for the ABC able to find out lots of things that are important. We get thrown on as misinformation reader.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we saw that particularly during the COVID era, but at other points as well. And you've got these leftist outlets media, Academia, Conversation, Publication, which our taxes support.
Speaker 7: They argue that.
Speaker 3: This legislation doesn't go far enough, James. They want Sky and used to also be sensored or suppressed because apparently we question the merit of mad climate change policies. And that's dangerous if if you question some of the measures we're taking that are sending our bills through the roof and making pension as not being able to afford to hate their homes, that is dangerous disinformation and it really is rather sad James. You've got people within the media, certainly within academia, who are cheering for more censorship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know it's weird because you know, part of that is ideological, and part of that is just that whole sort of funny shift that the left has made in your lifetime, in my lifetime, you know, where they went for being really anti censorship and you know, pro free speech and quite honorably so, to being total you know, you can't say that and speech needs to be monitored and policed and enforced and all of that. I mean, that's part of it. And then also I think you know, part of it for people like the academics of the Conversation is it's about power, you know, because their Marxists everything is about these sort of power sorts of plays, and so for them it becomes like, well, we need to make the proletariat, ordinary people less powerful because the thing is things like X. It's been a bit like the printing press was, you know, with Gutenberg, and everyone's terrified of that, you know, And so hundreds of years ago there were massive free speech fights and places like England over you know, censorship and all of this press licenses. There was the exact same arguments that we're having today. You know, should anybody be allowed to say, published, print, read whatever they want because there's a new technology that's disrupting things, that's taking power away from the kings.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Now let's talk about the Business Council of Australia. They've slammed Labour's industrial relation laws, regulations, taxes, saying it's strangling Australia's business community. The Business Council's Chief executive, Brand Black, who represents some of the country's biggest businesses. We're talking here about the big full Banks, West Farmers, Hancock, Prospecting, BEHV quantas the list goes on. He said, many chief executives feel we are losing our way. Jams, I've got to say I'm glad these big businesses are finally focused on on the bottom line instead of politics and social engineering. How do you think the Albanese government is going to receive mister Black's advice?
Speaker 2: Well, I suspect the Prime Minister is quietly spewing about this. I mean, you know, we all know that he has a thin skin and does not take well to criticism. So seeing brand Black's the reports of what he's going to say tonight at the BCA dinner is one thing. But you know, also, like you mentioned, a whole bunch of companies there, and many of those companies, not all I think we could exclude Hancock Prospecting from this, but many others, you know, virtually clapped in labor right, and you know, we're very happy to see THEMB come in and we were all like, you know, guys, this is a good idea, and you know, they all got on board with the voice. So many as X one hundred companies, Quantus did up its planes, blah blah blah, all of this, you know, and it's like, guys, you know, these people aren't your friends. They tell you who they are. They're very open about it, and so it's just a basic that's taken two years an ir bill, reregulation of the economy, and at a serious downturn in the economy for them to say, you know, many, really we weren't on the right track. Here was this one.
Speaker 7: This is it.
Speaker 3: There's been this switch. Wasn't that long ago that you considered big businesses would be siding with the Conservatives if they were going to have any sort of political stance. But that has not been the experience, and the last few elections, and certainly the last one, they seem to be lockstep with labor and you know, sillier decisions, sillier outcomes. Maybe they'll learn their lesson. We'll see. Now let's turn to the US. The focus has been placed on the issue of unchecked immigration. We're talking legal and illegal here, and also the issue of assimilation and values. It was all sparked by Donald Trump's now infamous about cats and dogs being eaten in Springfield, Ohio. Tell me about the fallout of those comments and the debate it's generated. It's gone in a very different direction than I think many media commentators expected.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, that's the thing, because this is the thing about the cats and dogs thing. You know, they're eating the cats, they're eating the dogs, they're eating the pets of the people who live there. We've all heard this line so many times from Donald Trump at the debate, and of course the media lost them by oh, you know, that's fake news. But it's the important thing about this is, though, is that Donald Trump has been trying to talk to all Americans about the real crisis at the southern border. Ten million people plus coming in illegally through that southern border since the Biden administration has been in power. You know, them being dumped all over the country and towns that cannot handle that sort of influx, and you know a lot of crime and other problems going along with it. And yet you know, that's really been an issue for core believers. But this issue about the cats and dogs, you know, because it's almost so goofy, right, like it gives people space to talk about it. Look at the numbers to go, hay, why is a town of sixty thousand like Springfield, Ohio getting twenty thousand Haitians as many as twenty thousand hations. That doesn't seem right to me. And so like before it was all you know, sort of stuff like well, you know, we're talking about the latest person who was murdered in some horrible, violent way, and people don't want to hear about it. They don't want to talk about it. They know intellectually that it's happening, but like, they don't want talk about it. But this is sort of so goofy and weird and memeable that suddenly it creates a whole new frame in which to discuss migration. And I think, you know, on that level, I think it's been a huge win for Trump.
Speaker 3: Now, a lot has been said about these bomb threats that happened in Springfield, Ohio, and the Republicans, particularly Trump and Vance, are being blind. But the governor of Ohio has real ill today that these bomb threats have all been hoaxes, all of them, and many of these threats are coming from overseas, not the narrative that media has been pushing.
Speaker 5: James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, And of course, you know again it's more and more fake news because the bomb threat story allowed the media to do two things. Number one, portray Trump is dangerous, you know, his dangerous rhetoric is causing danger and danger and danger. And then on the other hand, it was also allowing them to say, well, the locals in Springfield are actually just a bunch of racist roobs who deserve everything they have coming to them, you know. And of course now Mike DeWine, the governor of Ohio, has said, you know, no, well, actually they're all they're all overseas hoaxes, and you know, it just all seems so kind of JUSTI smollett to me now at this point where they're just trying to, you know, come up with you know, as we always say, read on outsiders, you do the market for hate crimes. They're so rare that people are making them up.
Speaker 3: There is the America is so inherently racist? Why there's so many race crime hoaxes? Enough genuine ones to satisfy everybody. Now I want to ask you about racism a little bit more because political commentator Matt Walsh has released another documentary. This one is called Am I Racist? The last one was all about the trans issue, and it was hilarious. It did it remarkably well.
Speaker 7: This one seems.
Speaker 3: To be doing even better business at the box office. Audiences love it too. It's got a ninety nine percent audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, which is astonishing. Let's have a quick look at a clip of it.
Speaker 7: The entire system has to burn. And I'm not going to even use save this country. This country is not worth siving. This country is a piece of.
Speaker 1: Oh so.
Speaker 4: So wait folks, waite.
Speaker 7: Supremacy, wait woman, wait boy?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 7: Entitlements centering?
Speaker 3: Wit?
Speaker 9: Is there a black person around here?
Speaker 7: Black person right here?
Speaker 1: Does he not exist?
Speaker 7: But James?
Speaker 3: Critics are refusing to review this film, despite the fact it's in the top five films in the country and it's got this massive audience score. Matt Walsh invited critics from Variety Magazine, The New Yorker, the New York Times, Indie Wire. They were all invited to a preview to see this and say what they like. They can give it a zero score, but none of them want to even acknowledge it exists.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're probably afraid that they're going to like it, you know, I mean, wouldn't that be horrible and uncomfortable with if there was it? Oh wow, that was a pretty good film. I really got to tell everybody nowhere to can't tell her anybody that about Walsh. Film was good. Oh you know, we see what's going on here, And the problem is these people like from Variety, you know, need are from old school corporate media outlets in the US, you know, and a lot of them have found their relevance declining. And what they're doing now is they're just you know, they're fighting a rearguard action against change, and it's not going to work for them because, you know, the more they try and ignore where things are and what the sort of the leading edge of film is, including if it's a documentary by about watsh it's incredibly popular and good, they're just going to serve to further, you know, make themselves irrelevant and just be you know, old critics yelling at clouds.
Speaker 3: You're so right, and there is such a demand and the success of this film shows and others we've seen in the last couple of years that conservatives want content that isn't insulting to them and their values, and it doesn't have to be a documentary, can be fictional, but so much of what Hollywood is churning out has got this political edge to it that is insulting to about half the country, and that half of the country spends money at the cinemas just like the like the lefties do. James Morrow, thank you so much for your time this evening. Thanks reader still to come and Lefties Losing It and Josh with a new report detailing the deep failings of the Secret Service. You're watching the Reader Panny Show, and now it's time for Lefty's losing head. Let's check in with Gwen Walls, the wife of Kamala Harris's VP pick, Tim Walls. She seems nice and not at all deranged.
Speaker 7: You just showed me this.
Speaker 5: Turn the page, right, turn the page, and you know what else? That looks like? Bye bye, bye.
Speaker 7: Bye Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: We are turning the bage.
Speaker 3: Two days and we are.
Speaker 1: Turning the bay Didny day, Bye bye Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Okay, I would have thought so. Turning the page would involve getting rid of the current lot in power. And that's the Democrats last I checked. But anyway, talking about Democrats, she's back. Hillary is back with a wackadoodle MSNBC host Rachel Maddow and Hillary reckons that the media is too soft on Donald Trump. And note this interview is after the second assassination attempt on Trump's life, inspired by the Dems labeling him a threat to democracy? So why don't we do that some more?
Speaker 9: And I don't understand why it's so difficult for the press to have a consistent narrative about how dangerous Trump is. You know, the late great journalist Terry Evans, you know, one time said that, you know, journalists should, you know, really try to achieve objectivity, And by that he said, I mean they should cover the object. Well, the object in this case is Donald Trump, his demagogery, his danger to our country and the world, and stick with.
Speaker 3: It, stick with it until when they successfully have him assassinated. And of course Madou did not call out Hillary's ugly, inflammatory ritrid She just encouraged it.
Speaker 1: He's still being taught, especially by the media, that the more offensive he is, the more he can dominate the media space entirely. And I feel like you've you've been a good diagnoser of that.
Speaker 3: Now to a lefty who claims the assassination attempts against Donald Trump are no big.
Speaker 4: Deal, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: But isn't hearing pewpew fire in the red state of Florida as common as hearing bird saying I'm sure it wasn't personal. Please don't flatter yourself.
Speaker 3: Charming?
Speaker 7: Charming?
Speaker 3: And here we have a man who claims he was misgendered at the pharmacy, apparently calling him sir. Damagees masculinity. See if you can understand what this is about.
Speaker 8: So I got surved today at the pharmacy. And I'm not saying men can't look like this, because please go off kings, But like, I'm not doing damage to masculinity. I think y'all are when you serve me, when you call me a man, right like I'm not a man. Don't consider me for the pool of men.
Speaker 3: Done, dude, whatever you want. And here is Kamala Harris's stepdaughter, who is a far left activist and a model. She is a professional model. She posted this to Instagram last week. It's a collaboration with fashion brand Tory Bircher. They produce hideously ugly shoes, among other things.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, are you lm huh yeah? What song are you listening to right now?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: I'm wearing a Tory Birch top, a Tory Birch skirt.
Speaker 1: Tory Birch shield, loafers, and obviously the Tory Birch care bag.
Speaker 7: Thanks have a good one.
Speaker 3: What learning more about the second Trump assassination attempt and the accused gunman, Ryan Wesley Routh and what inspired the fifty eight year old to target Trump. The suspect has a history of posting anti Trump rhetoric, much of admirroring Democrat talking points. The New York Post reports Rawth has repeatedly railed against Trump on social media and posted about his alleged threats to democracy and yes, that echoes precisely what we hear from Democrats, including Vice President Kamala Harris and President Joe Biden. The suspect wrote, democracy is on the ballot and we cannot lose sound familiar word for word what we hear from Democrat leadership. He also posted, we cannot afford to fail. The world is counting on us to show the way. And after the July assassination attempt at a Trump rally in Pennsylvania, he posted this to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. He wrote, you should visit the victims in the hospital of the Trump rally victims and attend the funeral of the firemen that died. Trump certainly never would show the world what real leaders do. Let's cross now to Florida to speak to Newsweek's Senior editor at Large and Senior Council for the article three project Josh Hammer, Josh, what more can you tell us about the suspect and how you managed to come so close to President Trump with an AK forty seven style rifle?
Speaker 4: Read Unfortunately, I do not have any good answers to the second question. I mean, I mean what I can say, which I can conclude pretty close to us Palm Beach. I live about an hour from there, and I'm sure that you can conclude as well. Living halfway around the world. The Secret Service clearly has not learned any of the relevant lessons whatsoever from the near mess the near assassination of Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania in July thirteen. Now, I saw some people saying that Donald Trump playing a round of golf at Trump International West Palm Beach was an off the record, off the books trip. I'm sorry that is ludicrous. It doesn't matter whether it was on the record or off the record. Donald Trump spends the vast majority of his time in Palm Beach, Florida, and when he's not in mar A Lago, he's probably and usually golfing at that very golf club. It's ten minutes from mar Lago. It's his home club. It is in x freaking excusable for this to have possibly happened there. As far as the nature of the suspect himself, I think the social media track record unfortunately speaks for itself. You know, this was actually a pretty known guy. The New York Times and Semaphore, two very well known outlets in the US, both interviewed him. In fact, last year he was on fed's radar because he was traveling to Ukraine trying to recruit Afghan's fleeing the Taliban, trying to launder them through Iran to get to Ukraine to fight the Russians. He was extraordinarily zealous and usually so, you might say, for the Cranian cause. But he was on the radar of law enforcement because he has two prior federal convictions as well, including for one gun charge back in two thousand and two in North Carolina when he was illegally owning a fully automatic weapon in violation of a prohibition era statute from the nineteen thirties. To say this is an excuseable reader, I think would be an understatement. It's disgusting.
Speaker 7: I'm a Paul.
Speaker 4: Thank god Donald Trump is.
Speaker 3: Safe and almost miraculous again. He's been very lucky twice this time around, just because a Secret Service agent spotted the rifle. And you would think that would be a very eagle eyed individual, indeed in a golf course, to spot that rifle and to take immediate action. Josh, last night I detailed some of the frankly reprehensible media coverage seeking to essentially blame Trump for the attempts on his life that has continued. Have a look at this from the Atlantic, saying no other president has use an assassination attempt to inflame American politics the way Donald Trump does. Tom Nichols really does find new ways to humiliate himself. And here is Politico's headline focusing on Republicans being outraged by an assassination attempt and blaming them for partisan finger pointing, well, there's only one site having its candidate targeted by political operatives in the justice system, not to mention the two assassination attempts in as many months.
Speaker 4: The rhetoric from the last in this country is absolutely disgusting. You know Tom Nichols right there, who we were just seeing his writing in The Atlantic. I mean, he is the poster child of TDS. Trump de arrangement syndrome. But unfortunately there are many, many people on both the left and the controlled opposition full rage, that are speaking right now very similar language. So you had Jasmine Crockett, who was a nothing backbencher US congresswoman from the Dallas Fort Worth area in Texas. She was on MSNBC on Sunday saying that, you know, to this day, MAGA Republicans, MAGA extremists pose a unique threat to democracy. You know, King Jeffries, who is the minority leader of the US House, he had a two hours after the near assassination again of Donald Trump, saying that MAGA Republicans are the extreme, unprecedented threat, taught to twenty twenty five national abortion ban, all this stuff, which, by the way, not even true. Donald Trump has explicitly disavowed both of those things. And then ha, King Jeffries actually doubled down in another post on x on Monday morning. So these people have no shame whatsoever. But to your other point, you know, it has not escaped many of us, that the political violence and the attempts to assassinate political rivals. You know, it really is disproportionately overwhelmingly I would say nearly nearly exclusively coming from the political left against the right. Floyd Lee Corkins back in twenty twelve, who was a left wing nut job who was ginned up by MSNBC, tried to assassinate people at the Family Research Council social conservative Christian in Washington, DC. Five years later, James Hodgkinson tried to assassinate half of the Republican Congressional baseball team, almost fatally wounding Steep's lease in the process. In twenty twenty two, Nicholas Rosky flew from California to Maryland trying to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh after the Dobbs Abortion League opinion. Thank god he was arrested at the very last minute.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: Audrey hailed the transgender individual who shopped the Covenant School, the Christian school in Nashville the memo the manifesto was suppressed. I could go on here and now these two assassination attempts against Trump, But when would there be any accountability for what the left is doing in this country to get people not just to yell at their TVs, but to actually pick up arms and to try to assassinate the rivals. It is disgusting stuff.
Speaker 3: You are so right. There's been a remarkable lack of accountability for these Democrats who are spouting the most reckless, inflammatory retrick. If there were two attempts against Kamala Harris's life in as many months, every single Republican, even every single media identity who had been heavily critical of her, would be under scrutiny. The retoric would be questioned, this just isn't happening with Trump, and the fact that the suspects hysterical tweets about Trump mirror what we have seen from Kamala Harris and many others also in the media in politics. In some cases some of it is word for word. And I've got to ask you, Josh, is another attempt against Donald Trump's life? A matter of when, not if? How long can Trump play golf have outdoor rallies. He has been remarkably lucky twice. But as his son Eric remarked, my father is running out of lives here. How many more rifles are going to come within assassination distance of my father? That's what he said, And I'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same thing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I was getting dinner last night with some friends here in Florida, and the topic of the twenty twenty four election naturally came up, as it often does these days here in the US, and one of my friends said that she thought that Kamala was going to win, and I said that, no, I actually respectfully disagree. I'm not confident in this, but I think that if the election were held tomorrow, I think that Donald Trump would win, which is at my actual stance. And then my friend responded and she said, that's assuming that he's alive. I mean, that's assuming that he is actually on the ballot come November fifth, and that they have not taken him out. You know, Look, Red, I have not personally. I'm the shows that I host or on social media gone ahead and blamed the Secret Service, a FBI, deep state individual actors of sabotage and trying to put don Trump in that position. But I've had many friends who have done that over the past twenty four to forty eight hours, and I have to say I do not blame them, because this is really starting to look like a bit more than a pure coincidence, isn't it. I mean, if the Secret Service is really bogged down by d I hires, which I'm having to believe that it is. You would think that there will be more high profile screw ups on other people other than Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's other data points there. If the problem is systemic to the Secret Service, he would not be the only victim of his gross negligence. How many episodes of gross negligence do we have to see in order to conclude that there actually is something perhaps a little bit more perfidious the sinister are going on here on that.
Speaker 3: First assassination attempt. We have now more explosive revelations about the Secret Service. The New York Post is reporting the agent in charge of the Trump rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, was known to be incompetent and failed a key examination during their federal law enforcement training. This is according to new whistleblower allegations released by Senator Josh Howley.
Speaker 5: How can the Secret.
Speaker 3: Service be that incompetent? We've also learned this week their intelligence units were absent from the Butler rally, and even after the shooting, they made enormous errors and not properly securing the hospital where President Trump was receiving treatment. You can understand why people are believe in conspiracy theories. It's hard sometimes to believe you could have this level of incompetence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really is. And sometimes, as we've often learned in America in the past five to ten years, the line between the conspiracy theory and fact sometimes it's actually quite blurry. I mean, the Left obviously has dismissed any number of things as conspiracy theories, whether it's the lab leak in Wuhan, China, or the Hunter Biden Russian laptop as Russian disinformation, which obviously it was not. You know, so the line does get a little blurry sometimes there. But you know, generally speaking when it comes to the Secret Service. I mean, one of my first thoughts when the when I first heard the news on Sunday was I mean, I think a lot about America's enemies in the world, about China, Russia, Aron. I mean, what a clown show we must look like to our enemies all around the world. At a time when our enemies are have never been more on the march over the past twenty five thirty years. They must look at us and they must just laugh and laugh and laugh. And you know another thing that I was thinking about, you know, the new cycle here in the US is so chaotic, and we're six seven weeks or whatever it is away from a presidential election, so the new cycle moving this quickly is somewhat understandable. But we also moved on from that first assassination attempt in Butler, Pennsylvania, very very very quickly, and we still have this congressional task for us where waiting for them to produce any find things. But every time that there is a a near assassination, an assassination attempts on a high profile individual, let alone a president of the United States, every time that happens, and the new cycle just moves on within a few days as if nothing happened and no one's even talking about it. You know, every day that that happens, every instance, God forbid that happens. If it happens again, God forbid. You know, America just gets closer and closer to being a full fledged banana republic. I feel.
Speaker 7: You are absolutely right.
Speaker 3: The way they tried to memory hold that assassination attempt, and it was so remarkable in so many ways, the fact that at that last milli second he turned his head, saving his life, and still it came within a couple of centimeters of killing him, and so to have that, have it all captured on video, and then to see the media just move on like it was nothing when they're obsessing about January sixth to this day.
Speaker 7: It just tells you everything you.
Speaker 3: Need to know about why trust in the media is at historic Low's Josh and the US media, I think again this week have really disgraced themselves with the way they're covering this second attempt, almost blaming Trump and his supporters for being upset about it.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't see a whole lot of sadness. Frankly, I don't see a whole lot of regrets. I don't see a whole lot of contemplation or introspection or any kind of just looking in the mirror and asking whether or not you know any of these individuals, whether it's Joy Reid and Jensaki on MSNBC or Joy Behar on The View, or any of these other individuals. You know, I don't see a whole lot of people asking am I partially like like in a small way, and like am I partially to blame from this current noxious atmosphere in American politics? I mean, surely it is not asking too much to ask a bare minimum that we not call for the extermination either literally or proverbially, of the opposing candidate. You know, I was I was watching a clip earlier today of Congressman Dan Goldman, who is in New York City, very left winging Democrat. You know, he actually called verbatim for the elimination of Donald Trump earlier this year. He was talking about this, you know, this Democratic Party propaganda context that Donald Trump is this unmitigative threat to democracy, and he actually said he has to be eliminated. Well, what in the world did you guys think was going to happen? You know, ultimately we are culpable for our own actions. I'm not saying that anyone actually pulled the trigger other than Thomas Crooks and Butler Pennsylvania. But you also cannot overlook the actual broader context. Those two things have happened to be both true at the same time.
Speaker 3: I feel, and we're seeing them trying to hold Republicans responsible for these supposed bomb threats in Springfield, Ohio. But you can't hold Democrats responsible for characterizing Trump as a hitler, as a threat to democracy, and then having these acts of violence perpetuated against him.
Speaker 7: It's bizarre.
Speaker 3: It's sadly what we've become used to in twenty twenty four. Josh Hammah, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Reata still to come.
Speaker 3: The latest on the more A Deeming defamation case against John Pursuitter on what we found out from the seventeen recording played in court today. Welcome back Today, a recording taken by deputy Victorian Liberal leader David Southwick was played in the More Redeeming defamation case against John Pursuito.
Speaker 10: The court heard.
Speaker 3: Senior Victorian liberals confronting more Deeming about attending a woman's rights rally which was gate crash by cosplaying neo Nazis. Missus Deming's barrister, Sukrisanthu told the court that her client was subjected to a shocking and prolonged attack. She said, it's a form of what young people call gas lighting. They bullied her.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: This seventy minute recording was captured the day after the protest. Miss Deeming was told by John Pursuito, either you resigned from the Parliamentary party or he would look at a process under the parliamentary rules joining me now is the head of Advocacy at Women's Forum Australia, Stephanie Bastian, Stephanie, This case is underway and we're not making any conclusions or predictions about its outcome, but what can you tell me about what we learned today and how Mura was treated during that process? What we found out from that recording.
Speaker 10: Well, good evening, Rita and yes, an extraordinary morning in the courtroom. Obviously we haven't heard the defense respond to anything yet, but just on faith value, what you can really see is the bully boy culture that is apparent in the Liberal Party and this is playing out in the Federal Court. And whether it's more Deeming Renee Hea It Cynthia Watson, it really goes to show just how far these people will go to bludgeon their political opponents out. If they don't agree with what their views are, they will try and get rid of them, and they use the press to do so. That's very obvious with this recording and the way that they go about it, and I think that it's good it's being ed because the Liberal Party needs to have a cleanup. Everyone can see this going on. We see these anonymous Liberal sources going through the press raising their concerns. It's very clear, and I think the Liberal Party needs to meet. Perhaps even there needs to be a federal intervention, such as in New South Wales. But what is happening to these female conservative candidates and MPs is very concerning and it needs to change.
Speaker 3: Well, the Liberal Party, certainly in Victoria, has a problem with conservative women. You've named just a few there, and it's not just the bully boys' tactics, because there's plenty of smaller liberal females within the party who haven't exactly been supportive of more deeming and other conservative women who've at different times found themselves under attack. Now, this decision to go to war with more a Deemis has been extremely costly for John Pursuto, for the Victorian Libs, for the Federal Libs. You could argue it's been a distraction. Are we going to see it at the conclusion of this case, perhaps a change in policy. Will this be a bit of an awakening that this is actually an issue in the community and they've been on the wrong side of history with it. They've allowed Labor and the Greens to set the agenda without challenge.
Speaker 10: Well, I certainly hope so, and I think This really shows the issues when you have a leadership team within five kilometers of each other in.
Speaker 7: The tram tracks.
Speaker 10: Kamoira's views are supported within the community, particularly in the Western suburbs. I mean, you go to the last statelection, the biggest swings to the Liberal Party were in the Western suburbs where twenty percent labor strongholds went to ten percent or five percent. The biggest swings were in these multicultural communities that are being ignored by labor And in terms of women's forum, Australia imported councils dealing with issues such as private spaces like change rooms and bathrooms in the community and this impacts multiculturals and ethnic minority groups who have very strict rules on privacy in the way that men and women interact in those private spaces. I mean even in terms of your private school scenarios. Mums are very concerned about the fact that their daughters are sharing dormitories and bathrooms with teenage boys who are identifying as girls. This is a widespread issue and there are plenty of women across the political spectrum who now feel homeless because of the lack of representation, and so this should be an opportunity for the Liberal party to fill that void, and instead they're running for cover, they're hiding. It's political cowardice, and that really played out in the recording that we heard this morning as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's cowardice, but it's also stupidity. It's not recognizing that there is enormous interest in this issue and the overwhelming majority of the people feel unrepresented because you've got every major political party with the radical transactivists as opposed to the mainstream opinion that wants to protect women's only spaces. And that's what that rally was about. It was about women's rights. Stephanie Bastian, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 7: That's it from me.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow and I don't go anywhere. Newsnight is up next