Speaker 1: Late Welcome Lait.
Speaker 2: To Bay.
Speaker 3: Well, good evening and thanks for joining us on the Late Debate. James Macpherson with Liz Storra and Caleb Bond coming up the incredible story of a woman who applied for a job in nineteen seventy six and received a reply just this week. We'll talk about that a little later. Plus when we look at the papers. Legal experts warn that Labour's Misinformation Bill could result in Australian's being jailed if they refuse to cooperate in government hearings and elsewhere. Researchers have been awarded half a million dollars in taxpayer money to find out whether Australia really is Girt by Sea. Honestly, you could not make that up. It's in the papers tomorrow. We'll get to it a bit later.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We're sport for choice on this show when it comes to examples of government waste, and this one is an absolute beauty. The South Australian government spent three hundred and sixty thousand dollars moving an agency from one department to another, only to move it right back again just two years later. Skills South Australia, which facilitates vocational training. Was part of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, but the government decided to spend two hundred thousand dollars on consultants who advised that it should be moved to the Department of Education, and so they spent another one hundred and sixty thousand dollars making the move, So that's three hundred and sixty grand all up. But just twenty four months later they decided doesn't really fit there, and so they moved it straight back, because after all, it's only your money. The opposition leader in South Australia, John Gardener, told the media this story is like something straight out of Utopia, that ABC show that satirizes government departments. He said it would be funny if we weren't in the middle of the cost of living crisis and businesses weren't suffering from skills shortages right around our state. To have so much money spent on shuffling departmental debt chairs around only to move them back a year later is a very costly embarrassment for the Premiere Lives. It's hard to imagine more ineptitude than this. What are the bureaucrats thinking?
Speaker 5: Seriously?
Speaker 6: The guy who writes the show Utopia literally said, it's really.
Speaker 5: Not that hard. The comedy rights itself.
Speaker 6: You just pay attention to what government's doing and then we enact it and everyone thinks it's hilariously funny, but it really is art depicting real life when it comes to government departments.
Speaker 5: And we still don't know what this year's.
Speaker 6: Move cost South Australian. So we know about the three hundred and sixty thousand, what did this year's move cost? Well, they're not going to let us know anytime soon, are they. They don't want us to do the addition and find out what a joke this is. This genuinely reminds me of season one on Utopia where they had this massive rebrand. It's going to be an inspiration. This is really important. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on the consul and sea fees being pitched a new logo and.
Speaker 5: Then they're painting it up on the wall.
Speaker 6: They're getting all their business cards, their letterheads redone and the entire time you're watching the episode going that is the pink Floyd symbol, the beam of light hitting a prison resulting in a rainbow and by the end of that episode they've realized that and had to change it all back. I mean, this is exactly that episode.
Speaker 4: This stuff happens all the time, right, This is just one of the ones we've found out about. Governments do this stuff all the time, particularly when there's a change of government. So the Libs disappear and Laby comes in or vice versa, right, And they move around various parts of departments. And I'm thinking in South Australia again, when I was there, they had the Department of Education and Child Services that then became the Department of Education and Child Development, so it went from decks to deck because they move part over ere and another part over there. That's hundreds of thousands of dollars that they spend making new logos, they need new letterheads, all that sort of stuff. They break up the Transport Department from the Environment. But on and on and on. This happens every time there is a change of government. Literally millions of dollars get spends on this stuff, which is just about moving one set of workers from one office to another so that one minister has jurisdiction over them instead of another minister. And they don't care about what it costs to do that, Like, why can't you just leave it where it is? It doesn't need to move. The proof here being that two years later they moved them back from whence they can.
Speaker 3: So you waste hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money. And the interesting thing is consultants advised us to do this, which provides cover so that they can waste hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars and no one is ever held accountable because consultants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in this case, I believe it was PwC. So the government, the bureaucrats get.
Speaker 6: To go, well, you know, we were just allowing the professional advice that we squandered one hundred thousand dollars on.
Speaker 5: So how were we supposed to know.
Speaker 6: That this wasn't for a better and more flourishing society. It is utterly maddening, especially, like you say, Caleb, in the middle of a cost of living crisis, when this money.
Speaker 5: Could be so much better spent.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine how South Australians are feeling today waking up to this news.
Speaker 3: We imagine how many young people could be put into vocational trading exactly, but three hundred and.
Speaker 2: Sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: We've got a shortage of tradesmen, but they're spending money moving desks around instead of training people for trade.
Speaker 4: That's that's the expense of doing it again. Taking it back to the older covey where it was reminds me of Jerome Wymer down in Victoria, who of course had to be paid out when he left the state government after being a large part of the COVID response. Then they employed him as the man to to run the Commonwealth Games, and then of course they canceled the Commonwealth Games. They had to pay him out for that. We did a story a couple of weeks ago about bloke up in Queensland who was running Queensland Health. He left and got a massive payout on the way out, and then went over to the hospital up on the Gold Coast and got a massive contract there too, all within the same department. But it ain't you well, ain't their money. It's your money. But they don't care because they don't have to come and knock on your door and ask you to make a donation. They forcefully take this money from you every single year, and this is how they spend it. Let's go overseas where we see tinges of the discussions that we have here in this country. You know, it doesn't matter where you go, there's a welcome to country at every event. If it's not a welcome to country, it's an acknowledgment of country. You get on the sky bus in Melbourne, they tell you that sovereignty has never been seeded, which is a great message to sell to people when they've just landed in Australia and the first interaction they have with the place is being told that the land was stolen. Well, it is exactly the same in Mexico where the new president is about to be inaugurated, Claudia Shineborm and she will notably not have the King of Spain visiting for her inauguration. Now generally the King of Spain comes along has previously for the inauguration of Mexican presidents. But the Mexican government's been having a bit of a Mexican standoff, as it were, with the Spanish government for a few years now about the lack of an apology for what happened five hundred years ago when Spain came in and conquered the Aztec. Now this goes all the way back to twenty nineteen. This started when the then president Andreas Manuel Lopez Obrador I've got to get all of that name in there, said he wanted an apology. He wrote off a letter. Here's what he said at the.
Speaker 7: Time, Viajonta andres Lota a cat alpapa. But he sepia perdom ah los polos originas for las la Look I see gnoss.
Speaker 4: And shineborm is continuing the beef by refusing to invite the King of Spain. Now, would you believe it? Spain declared independence in eighteen twenty one, Yes, eighteen twenty one, and here they are still complaining we need an apology from Spain for something that happened five hundred years ago. I mean, is the UK going to write off and asked for an apology from the Vikings for what happened? Yeah, you could go back, literally, every single country could go back and map all the way back thousands of years every time they were invaded, conquered, taken over, raped, pillaged on it. I mean, we would not stop to talk about anything else than these apologies that everyone wants. If this is how we conduct ourselves, I'm just glad to know it's not just us doing it.
Speaker 2: I think it's hilarious Mexico.
Speaker 3: I've got their first ever female leader, and Liz it's true that a woman never forgets.
Speaker 2: Years later.
Speaker 5: I think she wants an apology.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's even.
Speaker 3: Had her government department come up with a ceremony of atonements that the Spanish decide that they will apologize. The Mexicans have already worked out how they can do it. The irony, of course, as Caleb said, was that the King of Spain has not been invited to her swearing in.
Speaker 2: Ceremony, but Vladimir Putin has, and he's responsible for a much more reason.
Speaker 3: I think the difference is you can't get money out of Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 6: There's only certain invaders that they're not oparently, But can I just say I love this by King Philip the sixth of Spain. He's not playing into it. Most leaders in today's environment just go okay, yep, sorry, like ride up some royal ducuay. Oh, put my magic wax seal on it. We'll do a song and dance. We'll have this ceremony of atonement. He's just it's like sot it. It was twenty generations ago. Me saying anything is not going to achieve the slightest difference to anybody's quality of life here in the twenty first century.
Speaker 5: I am not playing into this.
Speaker 6: I think it's very smart because you know what follows an apology, reparations in some.
Speaker 5: Way, shape or form.
Speaker 6: And King Philip has just gone no, I'm not playing this game. You can exclude me from your little inaugural powwow.
Speaker 5: I don't care. We're not coming to the party.
Speaker 3: Here's what I don't get right, So the Spanish are supposed to apologize to the Aztecs where sorry, we conquered. You do the Aztecs apologize to all the people they sacrificed?
Speaker 5: An ate?
Speaker 2: Is that going to happen?
Speaker 5: That advanced?
Speaker 4: But this is the problem, right, you could literally go back thousands and thousands and thousands of years and find anyone who has ever wronged you and asked for an apology. Where does it in, Like, at what point do we just accept that history is history. Let bygones be bygones. We'll deal with what is in front of us now. If there are damaging effects that were caused by invasions or whatever, at certain points, sure you deal with them now through health care or welfare or whatever it might be. But sitting around and quibbling over what happened five hundred years ago in this case, or what happened, you know, three four hundred years ago in the case of Australia doesn't actually move us any further. Always, it's heavy to talk about these things that are so you know, they're not in the here and now because you don't actually have to do anything about them. It doesn't require actual action. It doesn't require you to do anything to help someone right now, but you can shed the blame for what is happening now to things that happen five hundred.
Speaker 3: Years This is the irony of the progressive movement. Right Mexico's got a progressive leader who doesn't want to talk about the future. It only wants to talk about something that happened twenty generations to go, which is the ultimate.
Speaker 2: In emotional manipulation.
Speaker 3: When you're trying to convince an entire cut, you need to apologize for what happened twenty generations ago. And good on the king, as you said, because to apologize for something that happened five hundred years ago, would that not be emotional fraud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he knows it.
Speaker 6: He knows that the invoice would soon follow, and he's not having a bar of it. To the European Union now, where they know they're in a spot of trouble after the election earlier this year in June, where it was a very different European Union that met afterwards. Why because the large sways of their twenty seven country states had said, we're electing right wing members now because we're sick of the mass immigration flooding into our countries. You will remember that the backlash in France was so severe that President Macron went to a snap election saying, well, my lot, the lefties have clearly lost the will of the people, so we need to go to a snap election. Since then, in July, the Netherlands have finally sworn in their right wing government again ran on anti immigration.
Speaker 5: A few months.
Speaker 6: Later, Austria elected the Freedom Party again ran on anti immigration. This just keeps becoming a massive issue for the EU as they lose more and more control over their own member states.
Speaker 5: So what do they do.
Speaker 6: They get the European Council on Foreign Relations to roll out a report warning that whiteness and europeanness is the danger going forward. Not citing economic or energy issues, not citing mass immigration, the rocketing crime, etc.
Speaker 4: And so on.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's the European neess of Europe that is posing a massive problem.
Speaker 5: Let's read from this report.
Speaker 6: It says in most countries, non white and Muslim people were underrepresented in candidate lists. No more than twenty non white MPs were elected this year, less than three.
Speaker 5: Percent of the total and well below the ten.
Speaker 6: Percent share that racial and ethnic minorities are estimated to account for in the EU.
Speaker 5: Where do these people get the goal?
Speaker 6: You'll notice it's never African countries that have pressure placed upon them to have some whites in their parliament.
Speaker 5: Never in the Asian countries.
Speaker 6: That were like, wait, what about the white representation in your parliament? And don't even get started on the Arab states. No, it's always the Europeans. It's always the white countries, Canada, the US, Australia. We obsess over this. Let's return to the report. It says far right parties appeared to be on the rise in almost every member state, usually issuing promises to stop immigration or even planning as the alternative for Germany or AfD did to expel large swathes of the population were still parts of the European political mainstream, especially among center right and liberal parties, certainly appeared to embrace elements of a xenophobic view of the world, as reflected in the EU's new Migration and Asylum Pact adopted in April, or in political proposals to send refugees to third countries, both of which raised major human rights questions. It's almost like they're wagging the finger at Hungary, who has said you can keep sending illegals here, We're just going to bust them to brush those and Germany, who has recently announced much more strict border control after they copped a belting at the state election and the federal government there got really worried because their elections coming up less than a year from now. Why is it that everyone's allowed to enjoy living amongst white people in nations founded by.
Speaker 5: White people, except for white people.
Speaker 6: If we want to keep Hungary for Hungarians, or as Wilders said at nauseum during the debates in the Netherlands, we want to keep the Netherlands Dutch.
Speaker 5: We are being overrun.
Speaker 6: And I promise you I'm going to fix that. Why is it only white countries who were ever demonized for saying, hey, we kind of like things the way they are.
Speaker 5: We want to keep our country Dutch. We yet builted for it.
Speaker 6: I mean here in Australia that ship has sailed with one in three not even born in the country. But these are countries who this is via mass immigration, only quite a lot of it illegal, and they're trying to save their country.
Speaker 3: It's a strange thing, isn't it. Because you don't have any politicians in Africa. And I love Africa, have been the many times, but you don't have any African politicians saying Africa's too black, We've got to change it.
Speaker 2: It's only more Asians exactly.
Speaker 3: It's certainly in Europe where Europeans are a danger to Europe.
Speaker 2: This report from the.
Speaker 3: European Council was called Welcome to barbieland which detailed the fact that migrants arrive in Europe to find it's not the utopia they imagined because they feel alienated. Well, I mean, you could always go back to where you came from people like you, but no, no, that's not the solution. They've got to get rid of whiteness. The other thing about this report that I thought was really interesting is they said the problem in Europe at the moment is that too many Europeans are thinking that Europe is an ethnic group. But it's a sentiment, quote unquote. They've actually said Europe is a sentiment. And here's the irony, Right, what is this European sentiment? Well, it consists of three things, secularism, equality, and universalism. So in order to increase the sentiment of secularism, they're importing millions of people who are Muslims.
Speaker 2: That doesn't work.
Speaker 3: In order to increase the sentiment of equality, they're importing millions of people who say that women should be subjugated or treated differently, that people with a different religion are second class citizens. And in order to increase the sentiment of universalism, they're importing millions of people who believe the Quran is the truth, the only truth. So they're completely hypocritical and contradictory. It makes no sense at all, and they're destroying one of the great continents of the world.
Speaker 4: The first point is that nowhere engages in self loathing quite like the West, Right, I mean, we, we're not we you and I love where we live, but the West engages in this terrible self loathing as a consequence of the fact that socialists want to take over the joint And what's the easiest way to do that than to convince people that the countries they live in are terrible and they've committed atrocities, et cetera.
Speaker 5: So once we convince them, why everyone else.
Speaker 4: We've convince them that it's terrible, no culture exists, and then socialism can move in and take over. But the report has completely missed the point. Europeanness is not the reason that the EU is in trouble. It's the fact that people just want control of their own countries. That's got nothing to do with your ethnicity or race. It's a matter of fact that you are a citizen of a country, right, you have a right to vote democratically in that country, and you would prefer that the country of which you are a citizen is not taken over by people who are not citizens. Right. The problem here is that the EU as a group has decided what rules other countries must follow, them member states must follow, and the individual countries are starting to push back. It's not a problem of oh, you know, too many white people, or you know, we're too European. It's not about the europe thing at all. It's that Italy wants to be Italy, and France wants to be France, and Hungary wants to be Hungry. They're not saying no, no, no, we hate the idea of Europe. Europe is a continent. You can't just cast away the continent. They don't like the idea that nation states, individual nation states must be beholden to some sort of larger outfit. That's what the real problem is here. If the EU actually governed for the people who are citizens of European countries, there would be no problem. They're not saying we must have only white people in Europe. They're just saying, well, those of us who've actually signed up, born here or signed up as citizens, we just want our place to be run properly pleased. That's what it's about.
Speaker 3: And the European Union's argument is so weak because they compared the whiteness of the European Parliament to the diversity of melanin at the European Football Championships at the Summer Olympics, and they even went so far as to say, look, at the Eurovision Song contest. There was way more diversity of color of skin there than in the European Parliament, which is apparently a slam dunk argument. That's just because Parliament must represent Eurovisions.
Speaker 4: Dancing. I mean we all know that.
Speaker 5: Come, what do you think it was going to accept that?
Speaker 2: Those SAIDs it all.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to talk about the anniversary of October seven a little later when we get to the papers, but let's talk about the ABC for a moment, because they have reminded the staff that Hamas and Hezbolla should be routinely referred to as terrorist organizations because they are terroist organizations, which begs the question, why would you need to remind ABC staff that these terroist organizations should be called terrorist organizations. Well, you may remember back in November two hundred, ABC staff called for a meeting with executives to complain about what they saw as unfair coverage of the conflict in the Middle East. Unfair to Palestine, they believed. But it goes on, and the ABC have made other changes, advising media staff that they should refer to Israel's incursion into Lebanon not as an incursion but as an invasion. Mark Malley, who's the ABC manager of editorial policies for News, said, we're confirming here that we are now describing the current actions of Israel on the Lebanese side of the border as a land invasion. Now people understandably upset about this, Caleb, because there's no suggestion Israel.
Speaker 2: Trying to take over Lebanon.
Speaker 3: They have had Hesbala firing rockets for eleven months, seventy thousand Israelis or more displaced. Finally, Israel have decided we cannot tolerate this any longer. We're going to go across the border. We're going to take out these missile batteries. In doing that, they found tunnels which would have been used for another October seven but from the north. So they've decided, well, we better destroy those, and they're endeavoring to push HESBLA back to the point that was decided in two thousand and six by the United Nations that HESBLA should be though it's never been enforced by the United Nations who made that decision.
Speaker 2: So to say Israel.
Speaker 3: Are invading Lebanon, does that not give an entirely false perspective on what is really happening.
Speaker 4: When you get into the semantics of it, it sort of suggests they're going in to take the land.
Speaker 2: It certainly does.
Speaker 4: The objective is not to go in an octupa Lebanon. The objective is just to push his Bla far enough fact that they no longer are a threat to the North of Israel. You're not going in there to take the joint over, right. But the fact that the ABC would even need to send out a directive on the language that needs to be used to describe such an event, I find extraordinary. The fact that they need to send out a directive to remind people that Hezbala mas terrorist organizations. And I suppose it's no great surprise after what we saw last week where an ABC reporter was asking Peter Dutton, you know what lads a terror organization? Oh no, maybe it's got something to do with the fact. But not only do they terrorize people in Lebanon, like the Christians in Lebanon don't want his Bla there, they fired thousands of rockets into the North of Israel. Sixty to eighty thousand Israelis have not been able to live in their homes in the North of Israel. As a result of his blaff. No, no, no, they are not terrorists. It's not like they have a plan to type out all the infidels on the face of the earth. No, they're not terrorists. Like how could you not think that they are terrorists? And actually ask that question to the opposition leader? What makes hez Blah terrorists more than anyone else? I mean, it is abundantly obvious every Western nation in the world tas that hez Blah is a terror organization. But it tells you who is in charge at the ABC right, and it's the animals running the zoo. That you would even need to send down a directive like this to tell them what they can and can't say or how they should report. It is ridiculous, and they've conceded in this email that you know not it. In not every case are we going to be able to say hez bla the designated terror organization. But it must be used on a regular basis in TV, radio and online reporting just to prove the point. It feels to me like they're saying we need to like overcompensate now and every time we talk about hez Blah, just mention the fact that they're a terror a organization, so it doesn't look like that reporter who was talking to Dutton last week spoke on behalf of the ABC. I just find it extraordinary that a media organization would need to do that in Australia.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be wonderful if the ABC continued to overcompensate for them.
Speaker 2: He'll be a good, great day.
Speaker 3: And with regards that ABC reporter who asked Peter Dutton why says designated as a terrorist organization? The ABC response to that from management is that's concerned about the welfare of that particular reporter, all right, as they might.
Speaker 6: We're concerned about the intelligence levels of.
Speaker 5: That particular reporter.
Speaker 6: To the US now, where President Trump has returned to the scene of the crime where his life was saved by a bullet because he turned his head to look at an immigration chart. He's back in Butler, Pennsylvania, and he had a very humorous way of picking up where he left up.
Speaker 1: We love Pennsylvania. And as I was saying, oh, I love that I love that chart. I love that graph. Isn't it a beautiful thing.
Speaker 6: He's famously thanks that chart for saving his life because, as we know, if he had not turned his head the very millisecond that he did in order to talk about that chart, he would not be alive today. Also joining him in Butler, Pennsylvania was Elon Musk himself, who took to the stage to remind people this is a do or die election.
Speaker 8: There's no true test encourage under fire. We had one president who couldn't climb a flight of stairs and another who was after getting shot. The other side wants to take away your freedom of speech. They want to take away your right to bear arms. That it's we're they want to take away your right to vote.
Speaker 6: Effectively, So here he is in this battleground state. No doubt it was going to result in a lot of people flocking to register to vote. Indeed, that was partly the idea of it. Pennsylvania is famously a very tight state. Trump won it back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: By point seventy two percent.
Speaker 6: How's that for a tight margin, And when Biden won it back in twenty twenty was just one point seventeen percent. So that's to give you an idea of just how tight it is when we're talking about Pennsylvania. Pretty much nobody ever knows how this state is going to go at a federal election. So it was with great interest that we learned today that the State Department in Pennsylvania decided to announce that this day, the day of Trump's triumphant return to Butler, Pennsylvania, their voter registration polls are going to be down online because they had some site maintenance to do. How's this for dirty cheating tactics. I mean, these guys, it seems every week we touch on another.
Speaker 5: Way in which they are cheating in the broad light of day. Last week we were talking about.
Speaker 6: Arizona being sued by the Department of Justice because they'd wiped off three thy two hundred illegal immigrants off their voter registration polls, and the DOJ Biden's Department of Justice isn't having a bar of it. No, you've got to leave them on. Suddenly, we do want illegals voting in this election every single day if not weak Now in the lead up to this election, there's another story how these guys are just tweaking it in the Blue team's favor.
Speaker 3: So around about twenty third of September, Trump announces I'm going to go back to Butler, and of course voting is not compulsory. So the big reason for these rallies is to mobilize people to register and vote.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yes, So twenty third of September, we're going to go to Butler, and then on the thirtieth of September or the first of October somewhere in there, the Pennsylvania State Department says, we're going to do maintenance on the voter registration website. Trump stands up to speak at five PM. The maintenance starts at six pm and goes to midnight. Just the coincidence, I am sure. Of course, when Lara Trump called this out, she heads up the Trump campaign, they decided we better do the maintenance from ten pm.
Speaker 2: So they did change it, but only after being.
Speaker 5: Caught, and only by a matter of hours.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that this is not illegal at a federal level in the US, because when we talked about that story a couple of weeks ago, where they were going after the fact that illegal voters had been removed from the role, the rule was that you couldn't do that after ninety days, and the decision had come through eighty four days or something. Right, Surely there should be a rule that says at least ninety days out from an election, states should have their voter registration systems up and read it to go like we are dead, sit right in the middle of the eye of the storm in this election campaign, and it is at this point that they're doing maintenance on their systems, Like this is the most basic stuff that should have been done a long time ago. Can you imagine if the Australian Electoral Commission barely a month out from a federal election said sorry, the websites are going down, we're doing maintenance. There would be a massive outcry. We would not copy it. But for some reason in the US, because it's all left up to individual states. Oh, it's so much more complicated and we couldn't possibly do anything about it. Like, you know, I'm not always in favor of the feeds coming in and taking control of things, but this should be such an obvious one. If you can't log on and register to vote a month out from an election, something is seriously wrong.
Speaker 6: Caleb Caleb Caleb, the sweet naivety of being twenty five, So you genuinely believe that they did have maintenance to do it.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the situation. I don't believe that I'm saying it should be illegal, Like there should be no circumstance in which that can even be put forward as a possibility that you have to do maintenance a month out from an election, Like it just seems like the most basic stuff that should not even be possible. But no wonder they don't want you to go on and register to vote, because if you take a look at Kamala Harris, who is starting to do a few little interviews here and there, she popped up on a podcast called Call Her Daddy. It's one of the most popular podcasts in the world. I can't say that I'm a listener. You're probably not either, but yes, it is one of the most popular podcasts in the world, worth millions of dollars. Will who host it recently signed a deal for upwards of sixty million dollars US. I think it is to host this thing, so it is big deal staff. But she was asked the big question on Call Her Daddy, why is it that you don't do a lot of sit down interviews, you know, traditional format where you're there with a hard hitting journalist who is going to ask you the questions that you need to give a real response to why are you not doing that and why are you talking to me instead? And well, Kamala Harris said nothing, really.
Speaker 9: I'm curious, like you don't do too many long form interviews.
Speaker 2: What made you want to do Color Daddie today.
Speaker 9: Well, I think you and your listeners have really got this thing right, which is one of the best ways to communicate with people is to be real, you know, and to talk about the things that people really care about. What I love about what you do is that your voice and your show is really about your listeners.
Speaker 4: Show is about the listeners. Yeah, isn't every show. I mean, this show is about the viewers. When you go and do a sit down interview, you don't Fox News or see an inn. It's about the view it what does she think the media is. It's just it's real. It's real, by which she means I'm coming here because I know that you're not going to ask me a hard question.
Speaker 2: The other crazy thing she said there is.
Speaker 3: She said, I love this podcast because the listeners are seen and heard. Well, actually it's a podcast and their listeners they're not heard. Brother, just wondering what people would rather, would you rather be seen and heard or would you rather have the border crisis sorted.
Speaker 2: And relation come down? What's more important?
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously she does these because she knows it's going to be a free ride. See you doing any one on ones hard hitting interviews talking about policy on even the friendly networks. She's not popping up on CNN, she's not popping up on CSNBC, even the people who are barracking for her, the networks that are giving the Democrats a tongue bath on the hour every single day in the lead up to polling day, She's not going on there to do any hard hitting questions because everybody knows at this point in time she's not up for it. So why on earth would you want that woman in the White House? Come on, America, restore our faith in you. But turning to CNN now, since we're talking about it, someone who is facing the behemoth is Hillary Clinton? A stranger to none of us, well known among the Dems.
Speaker 5: She's doing her own bit to up the blue vote. And here she is.
Speaker 6: Saying outright what we're normally told in a far more g teel way, which is she just states it directly. If we lose control of what people can say on social media. We lose control entirely.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 10: We should be, in my view, repealing something called Section two thirty, which gave platforms on the Internet to immunity because they were thought to be just passed throughs, that they shouldn't be judged for the.
Speaker 5: Content that is posted.
Speaker 10: But we now know that that was an overly simple view that if the platforms, whether it's Facebook or Twitter x or Instagram or TikTok, whatever they are, if they don't moderate and monitor the content, we lose total control. And it's not just the social and psychological effects.
Speaker 5: It's real harm. God forbid, you lose total control. God forbid.
Speaker 6: People can exchange information freely and fairly in democratic nations. I mean, I love it when they just say it outright. I mean, we know that is their agenda.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 6: We've got our mis stairs information. The federal government's combating it the hate speech laws again, just clamping down on free speech.
Speaker 5: But every now and then one.
Speaker 6: Of the parties wheels out someone, particularly in America, who just says it like it is. That's what we're afraid of. We're going to lose total control. And what she was saying there is entirely disingenuous because we know those platforms, by law, do have to monitor content. Things like child pornography must be taken down. As Elon Musk has stated, if someone poses something that breaks laws in any country, we delete it. We have people working around the clock to achieve that.
Speaker 3: Isn't Hillary Clinton the person who paid a huge sum of money for a dossier full of misinformation front I mean, but the arrogance of these people. Now, John Carey, we talked about him last week where he came out and said that the First Amendment is a major problem for democracies. I mean, they're not even trying to hide their intentions now. Of course Hillary Clinton, they're talking to Sea and n begs the question when she says we risk losing control? Who is the wi and I suspect Hillary Clinton believes the Wii is me as in.
Speaker 2: Herself exactly as a class the elites.
Speaker 4: And I have some sympathy for the idea that social media companies should be responsible for what is posted on their platforms in so far as they are a publisher. So if you're publishing defamatory content, well you should be held responsible in the same way that Sky newses or that a newspaper is if defamatory content is published. But what she is talking about enforcing them to moderate their content or if they refuse to do it, some other entity doing it. What is that entity that is the big problem. Much like here in Australia the Misinformation Disinformation Bill, we're talking about a government entity deciding what you can and cannot say on social media. And when a government entity is in control, it means that government has a level of control. And then we're looking at dictatorship. Before we go to the break, have a look at this footage out of Melbourne. Now there's a little saying that goes around online which is f around and find out, and that's exactly what happened to this bloke. You might have heard about the tobacco wars down in Melbourne, which is gangs that are rivaling each other to get control of the illegal tobacco market. What you're seeing here is the owner of a tobacconist who's just watched a member of one of these gangs running to his shop planning to fire vomit. The owner has in his hands an acts and within a matter of moments you watch the bloke be HEA's just walked into vibe bomb the joint, come back out and he is faced by the owner with an ACT, who takes him down to the ground and says, buddy, you have come to the wrong shop. I tell you what, I would not want to be that bloke. But you can't blame people in these circumstances. We want the cops to be able to intervene, but all too often now we see it doesn't happen, whether it's youth crime, etc. This is what people have got to do.
Speaker 5: Vigilante justice.
Speaker 2: See what that bandit would have needed a smoke with the acts. We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including researchers being given five hundred thousand dollars of your money to find out if Australia really is good by sea. Okay, welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow in the papers. Caleb, you've got the Australian.
Speaker 4: Indeed, I do unlike many of the papers tomorrow, it is covering the protests and demonstrations we saw today. Of course, October the seventh being the first anniversary of the Hamas Terra attacks on Israel, where nearly twelve hundred people were killed. It says on the front of the Australian Tomorrow, palpaple anger at real pole problem. A sheik who celebrated the October seven massacre has told hundreds of people rallying outside the Lakember Mosque in Sydney that the terror attack was a quote unquote day of courage. One year on, as concerns mount among labor operatives, the ALP's election chances are in serious peril over anger at the plight of Palestinians. Now, we should note that only three hundred people turned up to this demonstration, thank god. At least the message might have gone through to some people that rocking up to protest and celebrate October seven might not be a good look. And these protests have gained the praise of Hezbollah. So if that doesn't tell you what it meant to demonstrate on October the seventh, I don't know what does. As I said a number of times last week, I will defend your right to protest. Every single day of the week. You are allowed to protest against civilian deaths. That is totally legitimate. When you demonstrate protest on October the seventh, the anniversary of a terror attack. You are only doing so to signal your support for that terror attack. And look at the comments being said here, Oh, it was a great day, et cetera, et cetera. They could not have made it more obvious what they were saying today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure how much courage is required to go into a music festival and kidnap young women.
Speaker 2: The gentleman who said it.
Speaker 3: Was a day of courage, you said there were only three hundred people at this gathering in Lakember, but they were boasting it was being live streamed to Gaza and that was a big deal. So you've literally got people in Australia having a time to celebrate a terrorist attack and then boasting that it's being live streamed to the place where people are still to this day being held hostages and these around neighbors in Western Sydney.
Speaker 5: It's hard to believe this.
Speaker 6: Sheik Ibrahim Dadoune, who addressed the crowd, has described October seven as a day of courage. He called Israel a bastard state of the West, and he said, in what sounds like a rallying cry on what was the worst day for Israel since World War Two, since the Holocaust.
Speaker 5: He said, quote, victim is coming soon. End quote.
Speaker 6: So the very fact that you're stating that on the anniversary of this horrendous day, it does smack of rallying the troops, a rallying cry, and even a hint of repetition. For you to say victory is coming soon. How else can you interpret what this man has said?
Speaker 3: And just on that, the other thing he said, which should be a warning to many of our media outlets and to the Labor Party, he also boasted that we are winning the public relations battle, which shame on our institutions and our politicians that those who are clearly supporting terrorists can boast publicly We've got the media and we've got the key institutions on our side.
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, next time they stand up and call for a cease fire, just to replay the comments here, you know, victory is nih victory is nigh. Well, you don't have a victory if you have a cease fire, do you. Another story on the front of the Odds Tomorrow, death of despair and obesity hit out under fifties. The so called deaths of Despair dragon, alcohol related deaths plus suicide and rising obesity rates that rival those in the US have seen life expectancy for Australians under fifty stagnate for the past five decades. This is a new study that's come out said that Australians at older ages, especially men, are living longer, but younger cohorts are falling behind many other non English speaking high income countries because we live terrible lifestyles now, I mean, how can this not be so obvious. We're completely set andry, We're locked onto these things all of the time. Kids now don't go out and play in the street and they're all hold up at home in their bedrooms, playing on their devices, etc. We eat worse than we've ever eaten. I mean, we live in this world that is so rich and wealthy, richer and wealthier than we've ever been. But I think in many ways we've lost a lot of our wealth in our health because we've adapted our lifestyles into a way that is not good for the human body.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: It's also as well as everything you've mentioned, it's also I think the social disconnection. It's more of a problem amongst men as they get towards fifty, being dislocated from family and other things like that. So you can bind those two things together, then you get what the paper calling deaths of despair, where especially men approaching fifty, start to engage in behaviors to I guess compensate for other losses in their life that then has an adverse effect on their health.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you look at the quality of our food, riddled with pfas, riddled with microplastics. That more and more the science is piling up saying we've got a real problem on our hands here. People's bodies are riddled with this stuff and it's showing up later in life. There's a reason why the US spend two one hundred and fifty billion dollars every single year on what they say is the side effects on people's bodies of constantly consuming this stuff. We know that even the veggies and fruits we buy do not have the nutrients value of the same apple or carrot ten to fifteen years ago. Nothing is being done to address just those everyday things, our drinking water, et cetera, and so on. A lot of people aren't even aware of just how badly they're doing by their health because we're being let down by government and even kids in school these days, they aren't taught about.
Speaker 5: The importance of exercise.
Speaker 6: They aren't taught about the fact that these things are a lifelong investment. You don't want to hit forty five and suddenly start caring about your fitness and your health and your cholesterol levels.
Speaker 5: They're just not taught about how.
Speaker 6: Just irreplaceably important this is and that it will affect you for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: And of course, once upon a time you had to do a lot more manual labor just to get anything done. Now you can just do everything at the touch of a button. Before we go, how good is this story? Absurd research gets taxpayer millions. A three year university research project seeking to disprove the protectionist myth that Australia is an island continent girt Bye Sea, has been awarded nearly five hundred thousand dollars in tax bay of funding as part of a grant program that no longer has government vetos. I mean what we need research into whether we are a continent island surrounded by sea. He's another contract. I wont give me that five hundred grand I can rather report on that.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break when we come back.
Speaker 3: A woman applies for a job in nineteen seventy six gets a reply just this week.
Speaker 2: It's coming up in a moment.
Speaker 3: Well, if you've applied for a job recently and you're getting a little bit worried because you haven't heard back, take heart.
Speaker 2: It could be a lot lot worse.
Speaker 3: Tissy Hodson applied for a job as a motorcycle stunt rider in nineteen seventy six and had her application returned to her just this week, which was a bit of a pity because she was in her early twenties when she applied to be a stunt motorcycle rider. Now she's in her seventies and probably not as able. The post office apologized, saying they found the response down behind a chest of draws tissiods, and said how they found me when I've moved house fifty odd times and even moved countries four or five times is a mystery. It means so much to me to get it back all this time later. I remember very clearly sitting in my flat in London typing the letter every day. I looked for my post but there was nothing there and I was so disappointed because I really really wanted to be a stunt rider on a motorcycle. Well, she didn't let the lack of response.
Speaker 2: Get to her.
Speaker 3: She ended up going to Africa, where she became a snake handler and later on became an aerobatic pilot. So it worked out all right. She wasn't a motorcycle rider, you know. Back in nineteen seventy six Live, she said, I deliberately didn't put on my application that I was female because I didn't want that to count again.
Speaker 2: And I also put in.
Speaker 3: My application I am happy to break every bone in my body if that's what it takes. I just want this what could have been able only the postal service had got the response back to her in time.
Speaker 5: Better late than never.
Speaker 6: But before we leave you tonight, there's a new book out called The Achievements.
Speaker 5: Of Kamala Harris.
Speaker 6: It's already achieved bestseller status on Amazon and racked up a flurry of five star reviews. There's just one catch. Check out this video that's gone viral showcasing the book. So far, over two million people worldwide have watched this.
Speaker 5: See if you can guess why in my time? You kidding me.
Speaker 6: Now, that's what I call a brutally honest read.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 6: I thought that was pretty I've gone to the effort of publishing this.
Speaker 2: I thought was impressive. I was actually expecting a lot less.
Speaker 4: That's a very good There were actually chapter titles in there. What they were, we don't actually know. It reminds me John Laws apparently has a book in his library at home entitled All My Friends in Radio And when you open it up, all the pages.
Speaker 2: Of LA that's it from us. But stick around the coming up just to read a Penney show that's up in a moment.