Speaker 1: To me, it was inevitable. I think what happened to people who live that type of life of violence, they die by the sword. People probably wouldn't understand. It's not like it is on TV. A body is not cleaned up. I mean, obviously have they hose off the blood story, but it's still very raw.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been through the whole.
Speaker 1: Pretty things that happens at the funeral parlam. So seeing that was very confronting.
Speaker 2: I'm Andrew Rule. This is life in Crimes. Last week we heard the first part of the story of the new book Eleven Minutes by Gregory M. Carroll. Greg Carroll, If you think the surname is slightly familiar, it is. He's the younger brother of the late Ian Ravel Carroll, who was in fact one of the six Great Bookie Robbers who pulled the Great Bookie Robbery in nineteen seventy six. He also knew Vannie Mickelson, who was a very hard man to some extent the girl's right hand man on the docks, and he had met the legendary Ray Chuck Ray Chuck alias Raymond Patrick Bennett, and so he knew to some extent half the game. YEP. And that is a unique thing to bring to the table when you're writing a book that's based on the Great Bookie Robbery. And we're so pleased to have come to us. So take us to the Bookie Robbery. It happens in April nineteen seventy six. Where were you?
Speaker 1: I was working in a computer company in Queen's in the road, in Queen's Road.
Speaker 2: Oh, Queen's Road. Sorry, Queen's Road, just across the road.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't Queen I didn't have a view. Yeah I was there.
Speaker 2: How did your first year of the robbery on the radio?
Speaker 1: But no, it was a situation which was quite strange at the time. Ian asked me out for lunch, went on the book on the day?
Speaker 2: Oh did he? Yeah? So funny because he had for lunch often.
Speaker 1: No, never first, the first time ever.
Speaker 2: Anybody is interesting later Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: So there's a few I wasn't just the only person there. There was a few other people. He knew what time of day. Yeah, well, that's debatable. I was called there, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was called to obviously give a statement.
Speaker 2: You could get confused.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought I was confused, But so I think I said rattled.
Speaker 2: Yes, you were young.
Speaker 1: So I think I said it was there from twelve o'clock, might have been twelve thirty. But the strange thing was it was it was very very soon after the thing, so it was obviously.
Speaker 2: He might have gone straight to lunch. Yes, he might have been hungry after his morning. And there's no doubt he was in the job, no doubt he was in the building. Yeah. Yeah, you don't think he was an accessory after the fact, he was.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, Yeah, him and Ray Ray and Ray Track, which everyone causes Ray Bennett these days. Yeah, I met, I met Ray through a couple of times. By saying met, it was more I was in the room at the same time, you see, it.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, I was that when he got shot. But a hard little man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you basically got the the feeling or the understanding that you were to make yourself scarce when when he was around.
Speaker 2: Of course, where did you have lunch?
Speaker 1: Well, in the book, I refer to it as going to the Windsor, which it wasn't the Windsor Hotel in town or the Hotel Wings, And I think it's good. It was the Windsor Pub in Paran.
Speaker 2: Okay and you're not dead. Sure what time you got there or you might have been there before he was? Yes, were you waiting for him? But you turned up held up in the traffic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you were.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 1: Nothing? It was a no reference to anything during the whole lunch.
Speaker 2: And I thought he's with him any mates? Yeah, Yeah, Vinnie Vinnie was with him. Bennie Micholson. Yeah, one of a very big family.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think yeah, I think meant Vinnie a lot.
Speaker 2: He survived. I think yes, he did a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Vinnie Vinniel was quite close to you.
Speaker 2: Were you in touch at all when he was over in.
Speaker 1: The west, So it was he quietly.
Speaker 2: Circulated back here. Yeah? And what was he like, Minnie Micholson? Now we're talking here, so our listeners not about a fellow that was one of a big family of very hard cases, knock about people, and were been long time associates of and of of course Bennard or Chuck raychack a. Yeah, the the old time crooks always got him Raychack. It was his birthday from Chiltern originally, and and probably Cox, I imagine he knew.
Speaker 1: I don't really know where the Cox initial thing came in. Obviously, he was in a long bay at the time of the bookie robbery, and it was it seemed very coincidental that he attempted an escape. What was it, I think about August or September seventy five.
Speaker 2: See, so in the book, might have might have wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think he might and in the book I actually again the book is a novel, so it's fictitious.
Speaker 2: But with many real names and places.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I just thought it was very coincidental that because he would have been the type of person that probably would have been very interested.
Speaker 2: In the size and the sort of buck that might have well had inside him and and would be trusted to get it to himself. Yeah. So anyway, sorry, it's all interesting. So there you are, you're at lunch, not dead. Short time you got there before your brother. Your brother turns up. He's got Vinnie Mickelson with him. It was Vinnie one of the six, or it was any outside the six, because there's always that little bit of slight sort of different, you know, somebody says this is the sixth, and somebody's got five of them. But this bloke was out. This one drove the Van and this, you know, all this stuff.
Speaker 1: I guess I've got to go back one step first with all this, I just said it's a fictional story, the novel it is.
Speaker 2: But we're talking about the difference between the fictions.
Speaker 1: And the perceiver and what happened that Ian never sat down and Vinnie I knew Vinnie after he and died as well. Neither of ever sat down and said this is what happened. But over time you build up a picture from little comments made or smirks, or when a name is mentioned, you know they have the lookdown or look up or whatever, and you build up this feeling. And over the years I developed what I considered to be the story.
Speaker 2: You were receptive to the intuitive.
Speaker 1: Yes, side of it, and that's really what the book is. The book is my I would say, it's I say, it's an emotional truth. It's what I honestly feel happened. But there is no proof, so I know from a factual side, I probably you probably know more than I did, to be honest.
Speaker 2: But alleged fact you know, this is the problem. We learned things and yes, and parent them off, and you know some of them are right and some aren't.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I put together in my head without every thinking. So the book was just a result of the last couple of years. But you know, the story was in my head for a long time, a long long time before that.
Speaker 2: How did you find Vinnie? What was he like?
Speaker 1: I really liked Vinnie. He's was one of those tough guys. He was a tough guy, honestly, probably the hardest guy I've ever known. Also, the him was a lot smarter than a lot of people gave him credit for, even though being a boxer and that.
Speaker 2: Well he was a union secretary. It was like, I mean, I know that was a criminal organization, but you had to be come again in the secretary by being stupid.
Speaker 1: No exactly. So you know, you had to know people and you know, to do stuff, do stuff. So Vinny I wouldn't have put into the same category category is in. But from a tough, tough guy, you know, if you wanted someone on your side.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: He was the man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, just to bring our listeners up to date, the robbery happened in nineteen seventy six. In nineteen eighty three, January the third, Yes, it's pretty well the anniversary this January somewhat forty two years or whatever. It might pay forty three years or something, since your brother Ian was shot dead in what looks sort of like a gunfight more or less at Mount Martha. I remember working at police rounds at the time. This was a story that you know, I others wrote on the day that that looked as if had burned Russell Cox. Oh, it was although that I think that bit was known on the day, but I know it soon came out. He had a confrontation with Cox, with fellow crooked Russell Cox, and guns were fired and both were wounded. But your brother died, yes, and Russell Cox was spirited away with his ever loving partner Helen Dean. Yep. Which was quite a story of itself. Yes, it is quite a story. Yeah, tell them listens. What that story of your version of that story about Ian's death? Yeah, and Zeth and Cox's escape.
Speaker 1: Well, it was Ian's house, yeah, and Cox was on the run and Cox escaped. I've got the dates now. Yeah, he escaped from Long Bay or from Tingle.
Speaker 2: I think I think seventy eight for eleven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. He was on the run at the time, and through back stories they knew each other. So when he turned up in Melbourne, he wanted somewhere to lay lower, and and supplied him the holiday house and holiday house. That's another thing too. It was class as a holiday house, but it really was in the workhouse. That's where that's where things were done. So although the cops would go and rousted criminals houses, criminals never kept anything in their house because they mean, apart from me, they knew.
Speaker 2: The cops goods wouldn't. Yeah, that's too smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this was where off site, off site stuff, so ens home wherever it was, was always clean. And after they after he was shot, they discovered huge caches and guns and everything else in the.
Speaker 2: In the sort of robbery kits. Yeah yeah, yeah, just for them for our listeners, things like not only guns, but all sorts of good stuff like first aid kids, so if you've got hurt and I think temporary signage to put on the side of a car saying.
Speaker 1: Career or whatever, and radio frequencies of police radio frequency stuff and they were.
Speaker 2: Really quite sophisticated it was, and disguises how you fare well or whatever.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well Cox was renowned as a I mean I probably met Cox half a dozen times over the years, and I don't think twice he ever looked the same. So beard, no beard, short hair, long hair, the glasses, you name it was. He's always different. But he was on the run, you remember that.
Speaker 2: So you met him, You met him in those intervening years before the before the gunfight. Oh yeah, you met him in that time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in fact, I had dinner with Ian and Cox New Z on the eight two, so four days, three days before them before he was killed.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, Greg Carrol, your brother Ian and mad Dog Cox said he's Russell Cox, who was dubbed made dog by an unscrupulous journalist. As we've often pointed out, it was very unfair, unfair to dogs. Probably They had dinner on New Year's Eve, just days before the fatal gunfight that ended in your brother's death and in Cox and his partner, his lover Helen Dean, escaping into the wild blue yonder, which is a story in itself. As far as you know, I think you've told us this. They were quite friendly at that dinner.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you would have thought they were best mates. So when I thought they were best mates, put it that way, where was that? I think it was in Ringwood. It was I don't remember the actual place. I remember that it was a vegetarian restaurant because Cox was a vegetarian and Dean. So what was she like, Helen Dean? She was very quiet, very quiet. And again, if you can imagine being at a table with Cox and Ian, they dominated did conversation and everything. Yeah, Cox was a talker. Oh it wasn't a talker either, but when they talked that, everyone else shut up. So and if they wanted to change the conversation, they would. So you'd be halfway through his sentence and let's start talking about something else, and you knew, okay, they're bored with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, nature of the beasts. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Helen, I'd have to ask my wife, really is she talked a lot more to Helen than oh did she?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was the three couples. So it was Ian and Ray. That's Ray Lean, not Ray Benner. Cox and Helen and my wife and I at the dinner and vegetarian restaurant yet right, which in those days was weird.
Speaker 2: And but you said, no problem. Well, yeah you want vegetarian, you got it. Yeah, So what did you have? I don't remember something with rice. Yeah, probably it would have been probably a vegetarian carrier. I guess I would have gone for I don't remember. Now a very fit fellow, wasn't he Cox? Oh? Yes, he still kept it up. Yeah, yeah, had the discipline, yep, he just had the discipline in the wrong areas.
Speaker 1: What well, I guess he had to stay match for match fit exactly.
Speaker 2: And your understanding, and this makes absolute seense. He is there's been a confrontation over money, money, because it usually is if money at sex.
Speaker 1: Now, I do believe again it's as I mentioned before, a lot of this is just what I feel in supposition.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Believe in kept his spare cash, which obviously had a lot of down in Mantmartha and I either read or heard somewhere Cox actually stated that he returned after the shooting several weeks later and.
Speaker 2: Got the money out of the ground.
Speaker 1: There was a backshd and it had a false floor on it. Underneath that was buried a beer barrel, beer barrel thing, and the money was shrink wrapped in that. And he returned and he said he left with one point two mil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is a hell of a lot of money there. Yeah, Now I can remember our listeners will be bored with this, but I can remember buying a house in the early eighties for twenty eight thousand dollars which puts into perspective point two minimiz and even and having a big house at Wonga Park and all that it might have been worth one hundred and fifty thousand. Yeah, maybe something like that.
Speaker 1: When well, I stayed in at the back of the book that I've got a factual. So the book itself is a story, but at the end of it, I've got a whole section on the actual facts that I know that Approveablen all that stuff. And talking about the money. There was a case where Ray Bennett's mother was just before she died, she had a heart attack at her solicitors and when the paramedics came, they had her clothes off to get to her and cash came out and they found that she had ninety grand in Cash's with a lot of money house in Nicers And that's what it was. It was money, cause it was money for her to buy a house. So Ray had given her, supposedly, I should say, allegedly given her the money to buy a house.
Speaker 2: He's not going to cause you I know that.
Speaker 1: But and yeah, in the facts at the back of the book, I say that basically at the same time, I bought a house in Brighton Beach for seventy nine thousand in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: In Melbourne, yeah, okay, so that was a gives you a commadi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so for ninety thousand you would have got a large.
Speaker 2: Good place out in the burbs yep, yep. So if you went further you get a farm lut like yeah, yeah, if you went to Barrick because somewhere you were yeah yeah. That that puts it in context. So one point two minute if a tender thing like right, And it also stands up and this is a constant point of contention with some people, the amount that they got from the book. Robbery. Now, I know a guy that was in the robbery. He was on the floor and he's spoken to us about this different times, and he was a bookie's clerk and pretty wise man, successful man later on. But he's certainly not a fool and he says, Look, it was never as big a robbery as the media and others have said it was. It might have been double the official figure of one point three, but it wasn't lots and lots more. However, other people have said to me, look, I'm a bookmaker. We lost thirty five grand in the robbery. We were only insured for ten, so that was three and a half time. They lost three and a half times what they were insured for, which gives you a bit of an idea about what might have really happened. Well, it could have. The talk always is that there were six of them when they got about a million each. Yes, which Telly is with what i've put in what you've said.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, there was a lot of no offense with a lot of press put the figures up at two fifteen. But if you actually work out the weight of that money, yeah, too much. Six men couldn't carry it, even though they were warfies and they were strong guys. It would have been a struggle. So yeah, that figure is out the door. The other thing too, listeners might not aware, but back in those days, bookies paid tax on turnover, not on profits people do these days, So it didn't matter whether they won or lost. How much money they actually held on a race was taxed, and so that's why they lied.
Speaker 2: Of course, sorry Allegedly like it's fine, you can say that about okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know, it was a big thing that they just didn't want to pay, especially I guess if you think about it, if you're losing money and then they have to pay taxes on your losses, it would have been hard for them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but they didn't on tax book. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But because of that, they used to do things like they'd run two bags. Yeah, they got two lots of books, two lots of tickets, ticketing, So they did a lot of stuff that you.
Speaker 2: Know, the good they're good clients. They bet on the nod and it was all settled up at the Victoria, at the Victoria Club.
Speaker 1: So that that's what.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, isn't it? Even a little details, there's dispute about little things and disparities, which is interesting because it plays out all through these stories. In the coverage of the robbery, it's referred to in the same papers on the same day as the Victoria Club, Victoria and the Victorian Club, which doesn't matter at all. However, there is a photograph taken on the day or that week of the entrance of the Victorian Club, and it's got in the fanlight above the door Victorian with a man. Really, yeah, I've said, and I thought, well, there you go. I've always referred to as Victoria. Yeah, but a lot of people and I've often thought, well, Victoria is a correct one, but you know, lazy people at it an end. But the actual sign, right had anan on it, on the big fan light over the door, in footie letters or large letters, even those things. Both statements are correct, Neither is wrong. It was referred to it two different ways, sometimes on letterhead Victoria, but on its own entrance Victorian, and so many other things about it can also have differing interpretations and a different set of facts, like you know, Donald Trump, different different facts. So what you've gleaned over the journey, some of it from was from the players, from your brother and from Cox, Vinnie, Me and Vinnie and Vinnie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're the three that I would say I knew. Yeah, I met Bennett, as I mentioned, yeah, Chuck. But other than saying hello, I don't think we have actually any had any conversation, and the dynamic in a room would change. Again, people probably wouldn't understand this from the master criminal type point of view, but Ian was charming, he was fun, He was a really nice guy. And I know you're not allowed to say that, but he was. But when, but when he and Chuck got together, the dynamic changed.
Speaker 2: More ominous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more ominous. That's probably the better word to use.
Speaker 2: Yes, somebody said to me once one a person who didn't like Chuck because her husband was murdered by him. Okay, this is Judy Kane, wife of Les, a very interesting and intelligent woman and very articulate. And she said, oh, Chuck, he was deep and dark, deep and dark. You know, she's sort of this And it was just a throwaway line. Nothing that tells you something about him. You said, he was always sort of plotting something, you know, yeah, something.
Speaker 1: Well maybe I mean yeah, well again, the Canes another thing.
Speaker 2: Bad boys. Did you meet them? No? No, Greg, you lived around the corner from your big brother Ian and to something. Because of the gap between you a good eight years difference, you actually formed a strong bond with him. He sort of regarded you as the little brother or that, and you got quite close obviously. When Ian was killed in January, that fatal day, big shock to the family. Can you recall that day and how you got the news and how to unspoiled.
Speaker 1: I remember bits and pieces of it all. I was actually the one who either elected to or was asked to, probably asked to, I guess, to go identify in his body.
Speaker 2: So you did.
Speaker 1: I had to go to the Morgan do that, which was confront.
Speaker 2: Twenty four years old, I think roughly, yeah, something like something like that, relatively young. You weren't seen many bodies.
Speaker 1: No, probably the first, and people probably wouldn't understand. It's not like it is on TV. A body is not cleaned up. I mean, obviously they hose off the blood and stuff, but it's still very raw.
Speaker 2: Hasn't been through the whole pretty things that happens at the funeral parliament, So seeing that was pretty confronting.
Speaker 1: I don't remember how I ended up being the one, but obviously I probably just offered to his wife, who I didn't want to have to go through that to do the identification. The funeral, which was well publicized with his cars and well known in biking circles as well. The funeral possession was about a mile long out the spring Bell and outside the funeral cars there was a procession of other classic cars and hot rods, of hyper rods and all that type of stuff. So there was a large, large group of people.
Speaker 2: How did your parents go with that?
Speaker 1: Again, I don't remember call. I mean father wouldn't have been there, he wouldn't have gone. He didn't go. I mean he didn't go. I suspect mother would have been there. But again I don't know that. That whole period, believe it or not, is really really almost out of my mind.
Speaker 2: I know that's what happens that mind does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't really remember that. I have snippets of memories of being at his house afterwards, So we all went back to Ian's house or ray Lean's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were quite friendly with ray Leane. Oh yeah, where was she from? Was she from out there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Their family lived in park Or, which is not far from local. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, so I met her sisters. She had a couple of sisters and a father. I don't remember meeting a mother. I don't know, but that was just incidentally. You meet people while you're at the place and stuff like that. But Rayling was a very beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: How did she go later? How was she? I had a heap of kids.
Speaker 1: They had two, yeah, and that was it. So she never had more what else. Yes, she had some other acquaintances, and I think she actually did get married remarried. At one stage they moved again, I'm not going to talk about where they moved to, but they moved out of town. Yeah, and obviously their children are still live. So again I don't mention them in the Book's one thing for me to tell the story. It's another thing to interrupt other people's privacy. So of course, so I've tried to avoid.
Speaker 2: That fair enough to I think we'd not mentioned it that this stage were clearly the Bookie robbery was a calamity for most people involved, nearly nearly everybody. Yes, and in fact, even the one survivor, the one that you know or knew, Vinnie Michelson, I doubt it did him a lot of good. And all the other bugs ended up dying young with their boots on.
Speaker 1: Ye. So yeah, there's constantly the talk about the curse of the book He robbery.
Speaker 2: But they don't end well, most.
Speaker 1: Of these, No, they don't. And to me, to me, it was an inevitable I think what happened to them. People who live that type of life of violence, they die by the sword. They died by the sword it really is, and it's not a curse. It's just where they were headed.
Speaker 2: Where they were headed, And of all of them, Cox is one that has survived. He ended up pulling his head in while in jail and sort of walking and saying, I'm out of here, ye no more, I you well, until one day we find out otherwise. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I've got different views of Cox, but obviously I'm tainted. So but yeah, the parole board thought he had mended his ways and they released him.
Speaker 2: And he Cox the fox. He wasn't a mad dog. He was a no.
Speaker 1: No, that was really not a not a very good name and accurate no.
Speaker 2: And I know the bluck They didn't And he concedes that he said it was just just one of those things we used to do. But he realizes that he was really more a fox than that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, from my experience with Cox was that he was a chameleon. Apart from the fact that he changed his appearance all the time, his nature. You see him with different people, and he was a totally different person. And this is like a barbecue or was that with him? You know, he go from person to person as a different person. Yeah, And I don't even know if it was acting or it was just him in him, but you.
Speaker 2: Would wonder what pressures on some of these blogs as kids, what happened to them as kids boys homes Let's say, yeah, well that turned a lot of them into very violent and strange individuals, and he might especially if they're intelligent, which.
Speaker 1: I mean, to be on the run for eleven years is quite remarkable.
Speaker 2: An extraordinary achievement and says a lot about being a chameleon. Greg Of course, the reason we're here, apart from wanting to know more about one of the major crimes of Australian history, really is that you've produced this rather good book eleven Minutes, which for those who are out there might want it. It's by Gregory M. Carol and you wrote it since over some time after twenty twenty two. Yes, and you've explained to us that you'd spent a lot of time wanting to do a biography about your brother, but realized really a'd be better to novelize it and use some real facts and delve into your own intuition and snippets of knowledge that you did have sort of educated guesses in many ways, and some of them better than that.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I mean just the process of going through a writing book was quite cathartic, drawing out the feelings you had, and that was the main thing. The reason I went for a novel is I wanted to show to show that these were real people, show some emotion, and discuss why people did things. I mean, it's really easy to look at the Bookie robbery and talk about it as almost a caricature, and it wasn't like that at all. Obviously the robbery itself was quite dramatic, but these were people who had loves and lives, and even the whole ray thing was a degeneration of probably the wrong words. He is it was, he went down into the point of killing Leskane, then his own death at Brian's hands. It was kind of a spiral.
Speaker 2: Even minutes. It took a lot more than that to write it. How long did it take you to write it?
Speaker 1: Well, once I decided to write it as a novel, which is basically just using the other information as background information, it's probably eighteen months to write, and then it probably went through about eight or ten drafts redrafts.
Speaker 2: Did you get some professional help with any of that?
Speaker 1: No, The editing of the book's been praised by a lot of people, including professional editors. It's tight, Yeah, it is. It was actually my wife.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. So what's her background?
Speaker 1: Her background as a bookkeeper or accounting. Oh, okay, but obviously she's very good at English, as she always was. But yeah, she had a lot of input to their shaw.
Speaker 2: Two heads are better than one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Ian was actually my best man in my wedding. Was it to my wife? Yeah, so that's how close we were.
Speaker 2: What were her thoughts about Ian and the whole thing. Well, she liked it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think she actually knew k you about a lot of the problems. Until his death, the Times and I would have together at his house. She'd be with ray Lane and they'd be drinking or having coffee or whatever they're doing, and I'd be doing things go up to the barn, to the shed and stuff like that. And so a lot of our discussions were one on one, so she wasn't really involved in it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you to read the opening sentence or to your book so that our listeners can get a taste of what it's like from the man who wrote it.
Speaker 1: It happened just after midday the Wednesday following Easter Long weekend, six mast Man appeared out of nowhere, bursting into the settling room of the Melbourne Victoria Club. Dressed identically in overalls, faces hidden behind balaclava's. They moved like a military unit, armed with heavy weapons, machine guns, tommy guns, automatic assault prifles and listeners.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear the rest by the book, thanks for listening. Life and Crimes is a Sunday Herald Sun production for True crime Australia. Our producer is Johnty Burton. For my columns, features and more, go to Heroldsun dot com dot au, forward slash andrew rule one word. For advertising inquiries, go to news Podcasts sold at news dot com dot au. That is all one word news podcast's sold. And if you want further information about this episode, links are in the description.