Speaker 1: I got a team. It's the bloody you project. It's Harps, it's Stiff, it's Dabana, it's you. Welcome back post easter everyone. I hope you're fucking terrific, Tiff. Did you have a good easter? Oh?
Speaker 2: I've had so much chocolate?
Speaker 1: Couldn't have been better, couldn't have been better? Still got a fridge full of it. Well, you've now got a man in your life who's a fucking chef, who I reckon, there's a chance that in about five years you're going to be six hundred pounds and he's going to be your feeder, right because probably you love like you get angry and you've got a lot of food issues. Self express everyone. I'm not throwing her under the bus, and I mean that's the start of her issues, let's be honest. But anyway, that's just the door opener. But he loves feeding you. And while you tell him you have no self compol control or impulse control, he makes you like a kilogram of chocolate fudge. I know he's just keeping himself safe. He was he trying to make himself like indisposable? Is he He's safety protocol is just have food on and throw it at a when things look unstable, and so far it's working. Yeah, well it's quite effective. Also pathetic, Hey do better, Scott do better. Speaking of pathetic, our next guest isn't see what I did there? You thought? Fuck? What's he going to say here? Jesus Dabiana, Welcome to the You Project? My friend? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Thank you? How are you?
Speaker 1: Now? Is it offensive if I start off by saying, for a biological mail, you're hot as fuck?
Speaker 2: No, that's a fucking huge compliment. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, I'm I'm My body's confused at the moment, TIV so many issues going on. My body's like yeah, that's yeah, Yeah, my brain's like no, bro, stop it? What are you doing? My kidding? Thanks so much for coming to the silliness that is the You Project. I listened to you and TIF have it your chat this morning. I call that research, which is the most research I've done in over two thousand shows. Is listening to an hour or somebody and diff knows that to be true, don't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: True story?
Speaker 1: That is so where just for my listeners who don't know you or anything about you, where are you at Like, where do you live.
Speaker 2: I am in the United States and Massachusetts, so it's on the East coast, Northeast coast of the United States.
Speaker 1: They've been down under I have. That's not a metaphor or a euphemism for anything else.
Speaker 2: Yes, now I've done to Brisbane and Gladstone with Yeah, back in the late nineties.
Speaker 1: How long were you in the Marines for four years? Love it? Hate it, tolerate it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Both all of the above.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the best and what's the best and worst? Because we don't have marines. We have you know, Army and Navy and Air Force and special operators and all that stuff. But what's the best and what was the and worst for you?
Speaker 2: I would definitely say my I spent about two and a half years with what was called the thirty first Marine Exhibitionary Unit, and that's how I got to go to Australia and time went to Thailand, so like that was probably the best part of it. And then like you know, I was in the Marine Corps as a diesel mechanic, so like I never really thought like I was going to be in any kind of high risk situation, but then we got involved with Operation Desert Fox and late ninety eight ninety nine. But then the worst part was definitely my last duty station on an army base in Missouri because it was just absolutely boring as hell. Oh god, yeah, and I wanted to re enlist and they were like, yeah, you can re enlist after you spend three years here, and I was like, I'm like no, I'm out see it. It was like the deadliest dead zone. Like it was terrible. It was absolutely boring. There was nothing to do there but drink and feet.
Speaker 1: Wow, Tiff, you should become a marine. Sounds like fun. Actually, he just described your ideal lifestyle. You nearly spat out your drink while you're shoving and shoving it down your gob there She's like, fucking what where do I sign? That's that is wow? Wow. And for the last twenty I think or so years, you've been a trainer, conditioning coach, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Is that correcttions yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Giddy up? But a cup. Well, here's a bit of history for you. The bloke that's talking to you set up the first personal training center in Australia in nineteen ninety when and I started training pteing in eighty six. So forty fucking years ago. How old am I? Anyway? Yeah, there was no PT no qualification, no courses, no industry, no insurance. Back when I started, it was the wild West.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's been a learning, a big learning. I have a lot of time. What made you become a trainer? Is it just because you tried yourself and you thought, I reckon, I going to help others get in shype?
Speaker 2: No? I actually it started when I was a kid in high school in like ninety fourish, ninety five ish. I met a girl that had a broken back and as they were told that she would never walk again, maybe not. You know, if she could walk, you probably never play sports again. And for some reason I just decided to be myerside as much as possible and got her walking again and stuff like that. And then I joined the Marine Corps for a couple of reasons, and you know, one of them was that I liked to help people. And then when I got out, I was before I went in, I was doing time boxing and kickboxing at a studio, and about a year after I got out, I ran into the guy that ran the place and he was like, you got to come down here and check it out. We're picking up cars and logs and stones and stuff. So he's talk about strong man. So I was like, all right, yeah, I went there and I did one competition and took second place, and then he recommended I become a coach. So I became a coach and that was it.
Speaker 1: The rest is history. What's the best part about being a trainer or coach for you? Like, what is one mikes you happy in the middle of all of that?
Speaker 2: People with injuries, and like, I like special population people, So like I've dealt a lot with kids with injuries, people with strokes, cancer, brain tumors, all sorts of diseases that are like autoimmune stuff like that that they really struggle to get strong with. And then competitors people that want to compete in powerlifting and strong man and stuff like that. So I got very quickly got tired of the typical weight loss client that was just you know, constantly lying to you about that fruit intake. And it's just like people that didn't really want to help themselves. They just wanted to feel good about the fact that they went to the gym and then continue to go eat pizza and shit. All they.
Speaker 1: I used to do all of my clients, well nearly all of my clients, for all of my I guess, fitness industry career, sports and conditioning career, I made them fill out a diary. Well I required them to. They didn't have to, but that was one of the conditions back in the old days before trackers, et cetera. And so they would have to fill out, you know, everything and what time did you get up, what time did you go to bed? You know, all the tea, coffee, booze, water as well as obviously food, and what time you wait and like a lot of information. Probably took them fifteen minutes a day. And it's so interesting how many people would turn up and I'd look at their diary and I'd look at them and I'm like, nah, nah, you're not eating this, you're not drink like this is not especially over time, you know, when you see over three months, every day it's a fucking chicken salad and two glasses of water and four gulps of air and they've gained ten kilos or you know, you like bros, there's like I like you, you're a good dude or dude at but I'm like, we need to because your problem is not your genetic potential, it's not your physiology. It's like your decision making and your ability to execute the things we need to do. So how do you approach that when you know that somebody is lying to you without being Because I think most people, including me, at times in my life, like I was morbidly obeste when I was younger, and then even when I was got in really good shape and I started all my fitness industry career, but there was a time there where I really struggled because I've got heaps of fucking issues welcome to the club about my body and food, and I felt like a complete fraud. But I was Essentially I was just said actually telling people to do stuff that I couldn't do or I wasn't doing right. How do you handle that when you know someone's got good intentions and you know they could be in great shape, but you know the biggest limitation is not their potential, but what they're doing to their body and then lying to you about it.
Speaker 2: So as soon as I caught on to the lies, which was probably like in the first four or five years of my career, I started the same thing. Having people feel our diaries, And it's actually a prerequisite now for any of clients that I take on that they have to show me five days worth of food tracking ahead of time. And I tell them point blank, don't lie, Like, just tell me that God out is truth, because if you lie to me and I start to manipulate your diet plant according to what you've told me you've been eating, chances are I'm going to give you something slightly stepped in the right direction, and if you've been lying to me, it's going to be a bigger step than it should be, so you're going to fail. And on top of that, I tell them point blank that if I ever think that you're lying to me, I'll drop you as a client because your your money is not any good to me if you're lying, Like, I don't want clients walking around saying, you know, I'm coached by Strength Discovery and you see no progress. So like, if you're going to lie to me, or if you're going to not going to make progress in the next three months, like I'm going to fire you as a client. I'm just I want to think it's that simple.
Speaker 1: I used to say to my clients if they would do that, it's not good for you and it's not good for me, you know, because people go, oh, you trained with Greg for a year and in simple terms, it didn't work. I'm like, well, that's not the whole story. It's like E like, yes, I want you to get a great outcome for you, but also a little bit for me. I want to produce good you know what I mean. It's not great for business if your clients aren't achieving. So it's got to be a two way thing. I guess, now, how many how many podcasts do you think you've been on? I was thinking before about this in terms of views showing up? I think eight or nine now, okay, so not a lot. Yeah, but that's sud in the last like three months. Yeah, great, great. So what do most people? I mean, I want to dive into your story, but I also don't want to be let's talk about this and then you did that? Why did you do that? Right at the tell us about your journey living as like wherever you want to start and whatever you want to leave out or in, but starting to live as a woman and dressing that way and identifying and and what I loved about Tiff was, you know, the funniest thing you said was I'm fun sexual. I love that. I think I'm going to call the title of the episode that tif. When I saw your title, I went, thank god you didn't use that. I think I'm going to explain Dabiana what that means. What does fun sexual mean? I know it's a you created word, but let's see if we can.
Speaker 2: Get it and then we actually now sell products to with that on it.
Speaker 1: Get it out? What does it mean to you? So?
Speaker 2: Fun sexual means to me? So everybody always asks me. They're like, so, you're a biological male, but you now identify as female or your transition to look like female, but you're only into females, Like, does that make you a lesbian? I'm like, you guys always trying to categorize me. And they're like, well, have you been with the man before. I'm like, yeah, I've been with a man, I've been with a trans woman. I've been with a woman. They're like, so you're bisexual, you're panchextual. Everybody's trying to put you into some sort of category. And I'm like, I'm fun sexual and what I mean by that is like the partner that I want to have for the rest of my life. I want to be female. Yeah, now in that process of being with a female, and I've been with females like like, I enjoy kink and fetish and bondage and I was introduced to it at a very young age. Actually, that's the best thing that ever came out of that last duty station I had. So I guess that's probably not the worst part of the Marine Corps. Then when I think about second guess that one so like I hit about I want to say, when I was like in my early thirties, at some point I was just like I said to myself and said, you know what, I'm like, I'm not going to say no anymore. I'm like, I'm going to base it on vibe and like personality and just like if I'm in a situation and it's a group of people and they all want to have like some fun, like I'm gonna go have some fun and I'm not going to care what's between the legs, what's like Like, it's just I'm just gonna go with the flow and if I like it, great, If I don't like it, great too, Like, but like I told myself, I'm like, I'm going to try things three times to make sure I don't like it. And everybody's like, well three times, I'm like, well, because the first time you try something, you might just be weirded out because you tried something that like was labeled as gay or labeled as taboo or labeled as like fetish or just wrong. I'm like, the second time you try it, maybe it was the wrong person or like you still were on nerves. The third time you try it, you're either going to like it or be like now, fuck no. The same for me, yes, So that's why I say three times, And so a fun sexual means to me is that like I'm not in any box. I'm when it comes to sex and just sex. If I'm by myself, like not partnered, or if I'm with a partner that's open to playing with other people whatever, like if the vibe is right, we're just going to do what we want to do, like and that's the end of it. Like at the end of the day, if I have a partner, me and my partner will go home and be with each other. And if I don't have a partner, at the end of the day, whatever, it doesn't matter, Like it just I don't look at what people do in their bedroom or behind whatever closed doors is something that we need to put a box around. I need to label it. And it's also nobody else's fucking business, like the fact that people want to know like who you're sleeping with and what kind of sex you have. It's like, how is this your business? You know? That's It's just one of those things where it's just like people want to put a label on you because everybody wants to know everything. So it's just like I'm creating my own label and that's fun.
Speaker 1: S actual Tiff, can you please because you're the lady on my now, are you happy to call me a lady? Well, you're kind of a lady, Like you're all three of us are different, right, You're a hybrid? Sure? Have you ever seen you're a bit of a hybrid. Have you ever seen a zonkie? Either of you? Yeah? So a zonkie is literally half donkey half zebra. So if you're the tyt zonkey, right and you know it, you fucking love it. But just for how was the audience whill laugh? And for the American on the interview, could you tell tell Dabiana what a box is in Australia. What a box is? Well, she kept saying, I'm not going to be in a box.
Speaker 2: I'm like, already, I know what you mean by yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We use that same slang term here. It's like yeah, but when I say boxes, so we also use that term here. Its very strongly. It's like and the reason we use box is because when people fill out forms, there's always boxes to check.
Speaker 1: I'm just fucking with you.
Speaker 2: I know, you know, I totally get it.
Speaker 1: If you and I were mates, which is not a sexist term, if you and I are mates here, I would call you Brosfine. I feel like you call me Brosfine, I do call it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's because you're a hybrid. You're a zonkie. You're straight up zonkie. Masquerading is a donkey. What about when you're in the Marines, did this door open? Did anyone have an awareness of how you felt? And you know, yeah, what what you Yeah?
Speaker 1: You have sexuality or your now?
Speaker 2: So one of the other reasons I joined the Marines is because this was basically a feeling that I had ever since I was a kid and thought, like with the way I was raised, that it was wrong and I shouldn't feel this way. So one of the other reasons, besides the fact that I liked helping people, that I joined the Marine Corps was because I like my decision was to join the service, and then it was like, well, you might as well join the toughest service that you know that America has to office, so that way maybe they can beat this feeling out of you. Like I literally thought that this feeling would be something that like if I did the manliest thing possible, like I wouldn't feel this way anymore.
Speaker 1: It didn't work, did you think it was? I mean, because you grow up being programmed to a point and control and manipulated and coerced to think a certain way and see life and relationships and gender a certain way. Did Was there any what was the emotion associated? I was going to say, is there any Was there any guilt because you were pushing against the grind or whatever? Like, what was the emotion wrapped around that I want to put on a frock and some fucking stilettos and get after it. Like, what was the emotion?
Speaker 2: So there was definitely a ton of guilt. Like when I first started doing it, like on my own, I was very young. I was like seven or eight, and I was like dressing up in my mom's lingerie and her boots and heels and stuff, when like she wasn't home, skirts, the whole bit. You know, I could never put on her tops because my mother was a very well endowed woman and I was a tiny, tiny little kid, So like that didn't work.
Speaker 1: I don't know to know about your mom's tits, seriously, carry on.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so like when I actually got a partner that it was okay with me doing this. Yeah, the weird thing is is that, like I enjoyed the moment so much, but like when the moment was over, I had this massive guilt in my head and like I was like I couldn't get the clothes off fast enough, I couldn't get the makeup off fast enough. I thought that maybe she thought less of me because of that, and like it just it destroyed, It destroyed the whole moment for me afterwards. But like the concept of getting prepped and ready and putting on hair and makeup and getting dressed in something nice, or like if we went out, because we would go out in public and go to restaurants and go on dates, like all of that felt so good, but as soon as it was over, it was just like, Okay, get this stuff off me, let me get in the shower, wash my face, and go back to being Dave. So like, it was definitely guilt that would come and go, but then as I got more comfortable in it and more happier with it, the guilt just faded away. And now this is the if they haven't had guilt in it in years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing, amazing. Well, and also I love the fact that you and TIV spoke so much about happiness and it's I don't hear either you're a great actor or you're really fucking happy. I'm pretty sure it's be like the fact that you did this thing that nobody taught told or trained you to do or become, or this door that you open, whatever fucking metaphor we want to use, and on the other side of that door, you found happiness that you don't actually have to explain to anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I think one of the best things that I can say to people is like, people like, oh, so you're transitioning to be a woman, and I'm like, no, I'm transitioning to be me. Yeah, Like that's it like this is just me, like and like I mean, just in the last like five days, I've gotten beat up on social media by some guy that is completely upset about the fact that I am not gay, that I had identify biologically as a man, and he's like he's been ongoing harassing me to the point where he's pulled up like divorce records and like went publicly telling people that I'm a threat to society because I'm not gay and because I like women. It's been ridiculous and like to me, it's just like I don't even know how to explain it, Like it just I'm so comfortable being who I really am now that like people were expecting me to like fire back against this person, like extremely harsh and yelling extremely because he went above and beyond. He literally put up a public document from my divorce that involved my access last first and last name, my daughter's first, last and middle name, publicly put it out there for everybody to see. Wow, And like I was just like I got online and just told them that like I fell bad farm for being this nasty of a person, and that was it for me. Like I think one of the biggest like aha, moments for me, like realizing how happy I was was. So I had a therapist for like four years, and the first day I showed up for therapy dressed, she just looked at me and she was just like like floored. Her mouth was wide open. She was just like, oh my god. I'm like what. She goes. She goes, You're friggin shining. She goes, You're beautiful, You're glowing. She goes you, she goes, you look absolutely stunning. She goes, And I don't mean that because of like your outfit or the way your makeup looks. She goes, I just mean like she goes, like you can see it just coming out of you as to how happy you are. And I'm like, yeah, no, this is this is genuinely me. And it's like after the surgeries I've had and with the estrogen helping and stuff like that. Like I look, whenever I'm on a podcast or I'm live with TikTok or or Instagram or whatever, like sometimes I catch myself staring at myself going, holy shit, that's that's that's you. Like Wow, that's that's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, for what it's worth, you kind of hot, which you know, good I don't know what to do with that, though. I think maybe maybe one of the reasons people try and put you in a box, in a category, you know, to be able to label you is because they're that that makes them feel better, rather than they don't like it's like, oh, well you're a I need a label. I need to know what you are exactly because it doesn't make sense to me and this whole kind of ah, you don't need to give me a label. It's like, I think it's more about their issues than any issue you've ever had or will ever have.
Speaker 2: Yes, I completely agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't know how we get around that. But so when did you start to think about, Okay, this might maybe I'm not the guy, maybe I'm not just day that likes to put on women's clothes, are wear female clothing? But when did you start to get closer to the idea of nah, I might just want to live like this, Because there must have been an internal kind of doing and throwing about all the potential outcomes of that.
Speaker 2: So I would say the turning point for that where I was just like, this is kind of more me was when I started to realize just like, how much happier I was, yes, but also so when I was running my gym and I was married and my daughter was in school or in daycare or whatever, Like if I had free time, I would really run home and get dressed up for a couple of hours and just feel good. And like I would take pictures and send them to my wife at the time, and like she'd be like, Oh, that looks really good, but maybe you should change your makeup a little bit. It's a little bit too heavy here, too heavy there. Like I was trying to master my craft of looking as pretty as I could being also as big and as jacked as I was with my square jaw and everything, like, because like my face was completely different from what it is now. But like that started to become an issue to the point where I started talking to my wife about the concept of transitioning and she's like, okay, She's like, I'm fine with it. We just got to get our daughter into therapy if you do it, and then put it on hold because just around like I want to say, like twenty nineteen, twenty twenty ish, I was already following a bunch of transgenders and crossdressers and people that were into it, and then like somebody recommended that I get a profile on Reddit to learn more about it and stuff, and I started researching doctors and all that other stuff and the homownes the whole bit. And then I started to see within the trans community there was like, especially on Reddit, Reddit is like the worst place to be because it's like if you don't follow like certain people's ideologies of what you should be, what pronouns you should be using, and how you should go about it, Like they really get hateful amongst each other. Like the only support that there was far each other is someone that was doing the exact thing is someone else, And if something was varying from that is somebody would always pick a fight with them and be like, oh, well you should do this first, because this is the way to do it. And I was just like, and I saw how hateful it was, and I saw them coming out and like being polarized on social medias, and I was just like I took a backstep, and I was like, you know what, I don't want to be a part of that community, Like I don't if I transition now, and like I'm going to be labeled part of that community, like I don't want it. I'm like, they have very hateful people. They're hateful towards each other and others. But I actually saw more hate towards each other than I did see like anywhere else, And a lot of it was like hate that they portrayed, like when people were talking about like, oh, this person clocked me today and so fucking pathetic. And I'm like, I'm like, you're six foot four and you're wearing a dress and makeup, but yet you have facial hair and you're wondering why people are staring at you, like what do you expect? Yes, and you're getting upset stared at. But like I mean, and for me, it was like I spent a lot of time getting stared at as well, being six feet two hundred and twenty pounds and like like any dress or sleeveless shirt I wore, it was like, you know, my arms were huge, my shoulders were huge, My trap for ginormous, like and people even now say like, oh, you're gonna lose some more muscle mass, and I'm like, I've lost so much it's ridiculous. But I spent a lot of time out in public at first, worrying about what everybody else was looking at me and what they were thinking, and it made my life miserable. So like, right around that same time, I was like, oh, this is like I can't do this, this is like it's too much. And it wasn't until after my divorce where I started to have more free time because we have fifty custody, So like I started doing it more and more and got more comfortable with it and more happy about it and smiled more and stopped caring about what other people were looking at and focused on what I was doing, who I was with and just being happy. And I got so much more comfortable and didn't care what people looked at. And I actually think it portrayed as like people noticed me, but I think they noticed that like I didn't care and that I was happy. So I think in that sense, I actually got treated better because I didn't look like someone who was trying to like be meek and hide. I was something that was very happy and proud of what I was doing with myself. So I think that had a lot to do with it about my changing and my feeling better and might being like, Okay, I'm ready to do this, let's let's talk next steps.
Speaker 1: In order to find Thank you. That's really enlightening I find because I spent my life like you in gym's, owning gym's, running gym's. You know, I had five hundred trainers that worked for me over a quarter of a century. And like my relationship with muscle, like there was a real long time where because I was this more believe obese kid who turned into someone who was in pretty good shape and pretty jacked at times and blah blah blah. So I really my identity was in how I looked, which of course is not super healthy, right, we know that, but lots of issues that I've spoken about many times. But do you have a complicated relationship with muscle because most dudes in the gym and a lot of girls like Tiff, I mean, Tip's on a mission. She wants to be as jacked as possible, and she's pretty fucking jacked. I'll give you the red hot Tip. And but then, like, as I've gotten older, right, obviously I've lost size, I'm still lean, I've still got muscle. You know, I'm still probably way better than average in terms of functionality for all that shit. But what about you? Because there must have been a time where you loved being jack. You love being you know, hard as a cat said, and veins everywhere. And that was like because most young males or even older males want that. Now you're going, oh, i'm doing estrogen, I'm losing muscle, Probably my body fat's higher. Then it's definitely higher than if I wasn't doing it. How do you navigate not the physical but the emotional and psychological around that stuff.
Speaker 2: So at first I had a huge problem with that where I started watching my numbers go down drastically, But I kind of like let it slide because I also, like, I started estrogen and I was still lifting four to five days a week heavyweights, and I was still like actively prepping for competitions, so I didn't lose too much. It wasn't until I started my surgeries. So I had three surgeries in the course of like fourteen months, and each surgery required like two months off. Wow, fourteen months. There was six months that were sporadically here and there that I didn't get to work out. And when I did get to work out, it was like slowly build back up to being able to handle weight and then get to a place where I felt good, and then it was like, okay, time to back off for another surgery and it would just itself. So I did a powerlifting meat a couple of months ago just to see where I was and see how much my numbers had dropped. And my goal was to only go like a five hundred pounds less than when my last total was, and I did. I succeeded past that, which I was very happy about. So like for me mentally though, like the body change, I was very scared of losing muscle. At first, I was always like, you know what, I'm going to be a muscle barbie. I'm going to keep everything this, that and the other thing. And since I've backed off of that and I focused more on getting like leaner and slimmer and losing some muscle size, I have come to terms that I really am appreciating how much more feminine my body is looking. So at first was it difficult, yes, But now like when I look in the mirror, when I'm like, for instance, like the other day, I tried on a couple of different dresses that I'm going to be wearing out to a gallon this Friday, and I sent them to some girlfriends of mine and they were like holy shit, and I posted them on social media and people like, oh my god, like rock that dress and like that has really mentally helped me change my mindset about that stuff, and like I've kind of I've gotten my mindset kind of more focused on like creating the curves that I want, you know, having a larger hip size, a smaller waist, but like keeping my quads, which they're much smaller than they were, but they still stick out quite you know, predominantly. Yeah, and my arms are probably half the die diameter that they used to circumference that they used to be, but they're still for female standards larger. But like I've come to terms with it and being okay with it. So like I definitely thought it was going to be an issue, like right at the beginning, because even some of my friends that I lived with were like, You're gonna drop a lot of size and muscle. I'm like, I know, I know. I'm like like are you ready for that? I'm like no, I'm not. I'm like, yeah, one day at a time and see how it goes. And seeing the progressive change not only in my face but in my body has been like like every now and then I say to myself, like, damn, girl, you're doing good. Yeah, yeah, I'm happy about it. So I definitely think that there was an intimittent period of probably about six to eight months where I was just like, oh, this sucks, but I'm I'm past that now to the point where I'm very happy with the way my body is starting to turn out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amizing clothes fit. I wanna how do I sign this? Tell me if I don't think this is offensive, But I'm a fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: I don't get offended about anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you do not look like you sound so yes, right, so there's gonna be people listening to this gun. There is definitely some big fucking ja head that Cry is talking to right now who looks like chro Magnan man, some fucking Neanderthal. But let me tell you, folks, she doesn't look like that at all. It's like at all. Like so, and that made me think about this story you shared with Tiff, where I don't know, I think it was recently. You were you were in a store and you you and a person, a dude, were leaving at the same time, and he kind of looked at you and went oh and opened the door for you opening the door for a lady. And then I was just wondering though when you went, yeah, thank you. So there's Daviana and then Dave speaks like, how the fuck do people respond? Because you look a certain way that you don't sound it.
Speaker 2: So I've been doing voice therapy helps a lot of people have asked the same question, like, even on hormones for two years, how come you have voice isn't changing? And that's a very big thing that people misunderstand. So when you're transitioning from female to male and you take testosterone, testosterone will naturally thicken the vocal cords, therefore making your voice deep. Estrogen will not slim them out. So I do do voice training, and when I'm not talking fast like this and I just have one or two words to say, like thank you or something like that, I can manipulate my voice. So it's a little bit softer, not as deep, a little bit more high pitched, and I changed the way I end what I say and it sounds a lot more feminine. My voice right now is actually lighter than it normally is. So when they tested it on I'm not sure if it was decibels they measured or what. But the depth of my voice when I first started was measured at like a thirty five or forty, which, from what they said, is like holy shit, like some of the deepest voices tested. Yes, now, on average, I'm sitting around sixty five seventy, but with practice, I can get it up to like ninety. But what they want me at I wanted me to get to, which is the average female voice somewhere like the one sixty to two hundred range. Chances are I'm not going to get there without getting the vocal cord surgery, which means they just shave down each vocal cord and you can't talk for a couple of weeks, and then it's just it's it sounds different, the pitch is different, the tone is different. And then with more voice therapy, you get to sound the way you want. So when someone opens the door for me and I respond by saying thank you, I changed the way I breathe and I changed the way I speak, you can hear me saying now, so look, I'll give you an example. So here's thank you right now, thank you. Okay, yeah, but now my regular voice would be more like, thank you, this is my real voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what's the nine of that? I'll do two for Dabiana that I'll dude? Is it Morgan Freeman, the one with that does the movies?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Well you know, you know, like the dude that was in Share Shank. Yeah, you were pretty much him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So many people told me that you should be doing voiceovers and I'm like, yeah, no, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Hey without going where you don't want to go. Tell me about as much or as little your wife and the the marriage dissolving or whatever we want to call it, was that was that traumatic? Was that? Okay? Was that? What was that?
Speaker 2: So our marriage dissolved? I would say the main thing, which is the reason why most people dissolve is for poor communication and a disconnect that was just wasn't there. So my marriage was very much a fun and playful marriage. We experienced bondage, kink, playing with other couples, other singles, We uh had play partners, and she was totally on board with like me dressing and you know, presenting female. We went out on dates as me as a female. We went to sex clubs, all sorts of stuff like that. When we got pregnant and had a child, she basically thought that all that was going to be over right, and that started. That was the start of the disconnect. I say so that was probably the beginning of the end, because when I met her, I told her point blank, like this is what I'm into, this is what I like to do, and she was like, great, I'm in let's go. And I was like, awesome, I met someone that's just as open minded as me. Yeah, only to find out that when she wanted to start a family, she just expected that to disappear. So I mean kind of chalk it up as to like almost like false advertisement, Like you said you were into me for me, but now it's like you have a child, Like now you expect me to just aandomly change like just like that. And I'm like, oh, so that was the That was the beginning of the end, and it just progressed to our worse. But I didn't transit until two years later, three years.
Speaker 1: So where you live is an allegedly wink wink Christian country. I'm not sure, but anyway, it's.
Speaker 2: Got to be a Muslim country here pretty soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, stam By, everyone, what what pushback or what experiences have you had with the Christians or any other religion or let's just go, let's ballpark it too religious people.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they've I'm sure they've connected with you.
Speaker 2: I've got I get a fair share of people that come in their lives and that will just say, you know, you need to find God, or they'll say things like you know, uh, you're going to have trouble when you meet your maker stuff like that. But like when I have people that actually reach out to me in DMS, the Christians are the nicest ones. Wow. The Christians are always like, hey, I'm a straight Christian female or I'm a straight Christian male and I'm married and this that and the other thing. And I just want to say that your message is great, and like, you know, I don't exactly agree with what you're doing, but I love the way that you're handling it, you know, the way you told your daughter. Because I have that story out in public, Like, I get a lot of support from regular people.
Speaker 1: And it's true that we can maybe not love what someone does, but love them, you know. Yeah, like we don't have to think like this isn't what you were talking about before. On Reddit, It's almost like people have to live in an echo chamber or a thought cult or you know what we would call in psychology confirmation bi us or whatever, right where well, if you don't think like me, or you don't agree with me, or you don't have my habits or lifestyle of values, that's like we can't be friends. Also, by the way, you're wrong, I'm right. It's and this could be about as you know, like in the gym, right, this could be on how to train. There are crossfits, bullshit, crossfits amazing. You know, being a vegan stupid. Being a carnival is stupid. Like there are the echo chambers for every facet of.
Speaker 2: Life, right, Yeah, And I would say that I give you some good. So I recently went on a dating app, and uh, anytime I would see a profile where someone would right like, uh no maga, no leftist, no rightist, like anybody that would list that in their profile, I was just yeah, yeah, I'm not interested. Like, if your goal in life is to surround you by people that only agree with everything you agree with, then as far as I'm concerned, you don't have the mental capacity to have an adult conversation and anything. And I don't want to have anything to do.
Speaker 4: With you, like yeah, yeah, one of the last process is like completely opposite of me on different on something that she feels are die hard and important and we're still best friends and we can still have those conversations and still be like all right.
Speaker 1: Cool, like yeah, because I love you.
Speaker 2: I need to be able to have an adult conversation with somebody if I'm going to be with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because about who you are, not your opinions. It's like, well make a.
Speaker 2: Care less if, like somebody was extreme right now, is extreme less or vice versa, and like that that wouldn't bother me at all.
Speaker 1: Now, what I found I knew because Tifford briefed me on kind of your philosophy and ideas around kids transitioning. And I hate to be repetitive because you've probably spoken about it a lot, but not to my audience. So here we go. Tell us as extensively or not as you want about your thinking around you know, kids, kids who want to transition and the parents role or lack of role or like yeah, just open that door for us.
Speaker 2: So with kids, I did a lot of research on this because like my main thing about putting my journey online for everybody to see is because I want to educate people on what can really happen to kids and adults when they decided to start doing hormones and having surgeries and stuff like that, and not only educate kids, but educate the parents because there's just so much of it going on that it's just it's too much. It's it's there's no way it's possible. It's even when people are like, oh, well, you got to let them transition, because you know, youth trends, you know, self unliving is like the largest thing ever, and it's like, Nope, it isn't. Actually the threat of it is, but the actual happening of it is just not there. So, like, the first thing I looked into was the brain. The prefrontal cortex of the brain, which is responsible for decision, in making a hasty decisions, rational decision is not matured until for the most part, mid twenties. Okay, then you have the concept of what it means to actually either a take a puberty blocker or b start giving kids hormones. A lot of things that can be reversed if it's done short term, but if it's done for a couple of years, a lot of things won't be reversed. And now if that kid decides to transition later in life like back, then they're going to be stuck with things that just don't work right. So my goal is to keep kids away from transitioning as long as possible. If not, you know, convince them that they don't need it. There's so many The rate is to which I talk to parents that have little girls that want to be boys is way higher of a rate that I have parents that call me that have girl boys that want to be girls. And I think the biggest thing to do with that is that nobody believes in tomboys anymore. You have so many girls running around, like wanting to play with their brothers, wanting to play football, wanting to get on a four wheel or wanting to go hunting, wanting to build stuff, and wanting to have short hair and to just wear like loose clothing and stuff like that. So they instantly think that like, okay, I must be a boy. And the next thing you know, they're telling their mom or they're hanging out with their friends and their friends are claiming that they're non binary or whatever. So like they just think it's like, Okay, this is the right path for me. And then on top of that, you have so many parents that are just so freaking soft it's ridiculous. Like I was pretty much raised with an iron fist, and then joining the Marine Corps when I was still a kid just kind of reiterated that iron fist of like this is the way shit is. End of story. And so many parents reach out to me and they're like, well, you just you know, I love my kid and I want to support them as much as possible, no matter what. And I'm like, okay, great. So, like, if your kid wants to jump off a bridge, are you going to go down there and watch them do it? They're like like, okay, if your kid wants to join the military at age twelve, are you going to sign paperwork and let them do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm like, you're gonna let them smoke weed at ten years old, smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, drive a car, get a tattoo. They're like, well, no, of course not. I'm like, so then why would you alter their hormones and their body?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes.
Speaker 2: So many of them like, well that's different. I'm like, no, it's not different. It's actually worse, like you permanently change who they are as a human being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Speaking of that, that intervention of the at estrogen or testosterinal I'm interested in because you've lived in a buy well in a bloke's body taking those supplements other than maybe testosterone when you were competing at a very high level, and then now you're not doing tea and you're doing estrogen. And how do you feel? Like I don't know if you can compare, but like energy, and like do you see the world differently? Like as your emotional state changed, you're thinking change speaking of the prefrontal corn cortex, do you is it? How is it different for the person living in that new reality?
Speaker 2: I think for me the most part that it's changed. And this has gone by like feedback from people that know me like well enough and they spend time around me before and after they say that I'm an overall calmer person and nicer and easier to get along with. Yeah, right, so that makes sense to me and I feel like I am. I have Like I was always very patient person, but now I'm way more patient. Like as a strength coach, I never gave compliments. I always identified the problem, not what they did good at. And then I started to actually compliment people, and people like, holy shit, somebody get that on recording. Dave just complimented me. It's like, oh yeah, I love that. So I think I've become a nicer and a softer individual in that aspect mentally as far as how I see the world, Like my dad was a very very calm individual, like always just super calm about any situation, very laid back, and like I feel like I've always been the same way. There's always been very few things that could really trigger me. Other than that I just be like, eh, whatever. And now it's like even less like like like like I would say I probably was an a very aggressive driver. Now not so much at all. You know. I have my moments where I like to really beat on my truck because it's a nice truck and it sounds nice. But other than that, like I get in the middle lane and the highway and just kind of cruise slowly like I'm very comfortable, which is you know, a normal driver. I don't rush around all day long with my you know, feel like my I just feel like there's so much to do and so little time to do. It like it's like tomorrow, It'll get done tomorrow. If it doesn't get done tomorrow, I get done the next day. You know, there's priorities and stuff like that. But like, just as business wise, I'm very quick to like if I get a client that I know is just going to cause me stress, like I'm just like, no, not having you. I'm all set, don't need it. I'll make money other way. If it's not enough money, I'll make it other ways, you know. And I think that would have something to do with the lack of testosterone on my body. Like and most people that transition from male to female have to go on testosterone blockers. I didn't. My test cross is actually averaging lower than most females testosterone on its own. Wow, which is like it was like another thing to be like, oh yeah, so maybe I was supposed to be a woman, Like as a little kid when I was so skinny, like I had I had guyno when I was a kid, like I had puffy nipples and everything. And wow, never way until I started like really getting serious into getting strong. So like it's like, okay, here's another thing that I realized that, like, you know, maybe my body was supposed to be female when I was a kid, but something just got crossed, you know, because I had all these thoughts and I had obviously had hormone and balances that you know, weren't prepared for as a male, you know. And when we finally when we went to get uh checked by the doctors to start having a child, like, so the first thing he said to me was like, oh, you're testosterones all like too low for you to have a baby. So they put me on HGG and that way we got pregnant that way. But it's just like, yeah, kind of explains a lot, you know. That and the fact that I was always in the shoes and girls clothing, and like, you know, I never minded going shopping with women, Like I would be like, oh, yeah, we want to go shopping for a dress school, let's go, Like I'll help you. Think I wasn't the I wasn't the husband that would stay at home being like bye, see you later, go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to watch I'm going to watch your game. For our listeners who are like, what's gone on? Ghana is gonna camastia And it's where our body produces kind of extra estrogen and for a young boy to be doing that, it's not it's not completely rare, but it's recently uncommon, so that that is an interesting anecdote. All right, I know we've got to wind up soon, but as little or as much as you want. Once again, your family, how did your family respond to.
Speaker 2: My brother? I have two older brothers, two older sisters. My my brother that's older than me. The also the clothes to me, Me and him were very very close, and I would say he's the one that had the most problem with it. Like we had a couple of conversations about it, and you know, he was just really distraught and like couldn't wrap his head around it and stuff like that. But like after a couple of conversations, it was fine. My parents, my dad, like I said, laid back, didn't even say I don't even think he spoke when I when I told both him and my mom, and when I told my mom and I showed her a picture of me dressed as a woman, her response was literally like yeah, not surprise.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I'm like really, She's like, yeah, I'm not surprised, and that like not another word, not another word. That was it.
Speaker 1: Mums have got superpower dude. Their mums know shit like special fu. Yeah, yeah, like fucking yeah, weed clever, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like maybe when like I was a kid and I was trying on her stuff, she'd probably come home and like, you know, go through a drus and be like, oh, David was in my draws again.
Speaker 1: Figures literally literally I never asked.
Speaker 2: That question, but like now I kind of want to.
Speaker 1: That is hilarious. So with do you have a that's probably the wrong term, but do you have a plan or a strategy around this? Because I feel like people, not all people, but a lot of people will really benefit from what you have to say and the wisdom and insight and experiential learning that you have. Do you want to do workshops with this? Do you want to write a book? Do you want to like, do you have a plan to have a bigger audience than doing the odd podcast here and there?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I had a woman from England reach out to me about possibly setting up a document series document So I'm in the process of getting all the entertainment lawyers and stuff like that as we speak, and going through that process and finding the right company to support me and stuff like that. I would definitely love love for people to like so many people have asked me to come to their community, like the UK, Australia, England, I mean, Canada, I mean every just about every state in the United States. But like you know, I would love to be able to do it. But like I can't just fly around everywhere for free. I need to get paid to do it. And if I could get enough, just enough to like cover expenses in my cost of living while I'm gone, like I would do it. I got this is something as a coach, Like so I went and met with like so many of the best coaches all across the world. When I was younger and first became a coach, I spent eight years like researching the best power is the best strong man, the best agility coaches, the best speed and performance coaches, and sock them out to learn from them. It cost a fortune, like so, like I would love to be able to continue to coach people. And one of the biggest things that like, I had a couple of millionaire mentors in the fitness industry that I've met with, and the first thing they said to me is, like, you care too much about other people and not enough about your income. Like it's a great trait, but at the same time, it's not a great trait because like if someone came to me and was like, hey, I need help with this and help with that, and I'm like, all right, great, let's get started. And if they came to a point where like I can't afford it, and I'd be like, Okay, well I don't want to lose like stride here, so let's just keep going. And when you could afford to pay me, you start paying me again, and eventually they would start paying me again. But sometimes I'd be training people for free for like a year, Like I just I'm so passionate about making sure people are educated that I don't look after myself.
Speaker 1: I meant, you're a good human, like you're a good person.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but at the same time, I still needs to be able to.
Speaker 1: You got to have a daughter and the kid, educate the kid, look after you.
Speaker 2: By the bill, we would love to speak to everybody as long as, like, you know, speaking would be great, But I would definitely love to, uh do a documentary document documentary. And I kind of feel like I hate to say this, but I kind of feel like if I started going and doing public speaking. Like I hate to say this, but this is really how I feel like Charlie Kirk did, and just start speaking publicly all over the place that eventually somebody's come out and probably put a bullet in me. They're just gonna be like, yeah, we don't like you.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh yeah, I really feel that.
Speaker 2: Like I do. I feel like this is like there's so much hate in the world. I mean, I've gotten threats like that through Instagram and TikTok, like where people are just like, you know, it's not too hard to find out where you live, Like I can do this, and I can do that, and like, you know, some other people are like you're a po and you need to go and hang yourself and like just spend some pretty crazy death threats on a regular basis, you know. So it's like and all this because I just want to talk common sense and it's it's it's a sad world we live in today. So it's like, you know, I told my friend I was, like, the one thing I would do if I would do it is a common sense approach. I would do it from behind bulletproof class.
Speaker 1: You and the Pope and the President. Yeah, da Dabiana Pope President be Hand Bulletproof Class. I love talking to you. I love meeting you. I love your authenticity and your willingness to be super brave and super vulnerable. So I'd like to talk more. Maybe we'll get you back in the day if that's possible, possible, But thank you. Tell people where they can connect with you, find you, follow you, or come and train with you for one thousand dollars an hour.
Speaker 2: One thousand dollars an hour. Wow, that's a hell of a price. So you can find me on TikTok as the common Sense Life Coach our coach Daviana. You can find me on Instagram as Daviana Underscore one, Underscore and Underscore Only, and Facebook as Strength Discovery or David Newmont.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So nice to meet you and learn about you. Hay Tiff, good good get by you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks again, Daviana, Thank you good job sitting there being silent.
Speaker 1: I know that. Do you know how hard that is for her. It's like putting her, putting her in front of the fridge and saying donat for an hour. Mate. We'll say goodbye off air. But appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it,