Speaker 1: It's Boxing Day in the Phantom's Lair.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the first episode of the twenty twenty five season, the first official lair for another big year. This is the Phantom speaking. We've had Christmas Day in Super Coach. The team Picker is open. We've been out there picking our team. We're in here in the lair to discuss those early teams and how they're looking, and how my friends here have enjoyed their Christmas Day on Team Picker. We've got a big guest back in the studio for the first time. I've spoken to the other man here a few times already over some of it. This one the fan favorite, the rookie of the Year last year, cash Cow of the Phantom's Lair. I've come about to back up his second year bettis.
Speaker 1: Thanks fans. Good a Dossie. Great to be back. Yeah. Fiddling around with the Team Picker on Christmas Day got the itch over summer. Very excited to chat nonsense with my two favorites all summer long.
Speaker 2: Christmas Days, of course, was December eighteen here in Super Coach LAMB, when the Team Picker did open. Force super Coach Plus subscribers, if you haven't already get on there and start picking your team now, Dossi. Yes, at HK Dos has been doing so, told me he was already won the fifty k. But we've seen the team Bear and he's gone back on his word, already.
Speaker 1: Back on his word. Actually just mentioned the handle HK Dos. What are you running with? Is your name at the moment? Yeah, Dossi, Dossi.
Speaker 3: Junior, Hayden the Phantom Junior tag, yes, no, it did get changed in the off season.
Speaker 1: Actually, fans the fourth and grace.
Speaker 2: You can't finish ninth thou no align yourself with me?
Speaker 3: So Phantom Junior. Yeah, he's shedding the tag, going out on the own.
Speaker 1: It won't come back.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty five. We'll see how we go. Okay, see how we go?
Speaker 2: First first official lair on the Code Sports YouTube channel DOS. If you are listening, get on there and have a look at the new studio. What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Bear? The new lair, the Bear Lair fantastic could have some funding. Anything missing, fans.
Speaker 2: Well, there is one thing missing. You did raise it. You know you you a man of the people. You you're a good friend. You are bet he's missing your birthday cake ow Man, Dossi, Dossi.
Speaker 1: Humble King. We walked into the office. I walked into the office the other day knowing it was his birthday, and you could see him go red straight away as soon as I wish him hapy birthday. Notice he hadn't told any of the sports boys, Humble King, very humble.
Speaker 3: You know, just another day on the calendar for old Dossie here.
Speaker 2: Mate, he even brought me a coffee on his birthday. You didn't tell me? Well, he shouted the round as well.
Speaker 3: We'll superperch knew they brought you know, they brought the game out. They could have probably done it the day before for all Dossie, but look they brought it out on the boxing day of Dossi's of Dossi's birthday.
Speaker 1: So have a birthdays have birthday twenty five and no looks so good, team Pigger, Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. You're building your team today. Fans excited to see how you go here. So if you are watching along on the YouTube, we've got your team on the screen and you're going to be building way as we go. At Code Sports of course, for the YouTube channel for super Coach.
Speaker 1: You've done a little bit of a you've got your sort.
Speaker 3: Of skeleton team ready so that we can sort of start, you know, scratch from the fans out. Who have you got for us to start the team?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I see, very very early in the Super Coach preseason. Plenty can change, but there are some early look like locks, some great value and some rookies that we've discussed over the past month already that need to be in your first side. So the basic names the base I've started with before I will reveal more is Sam Flanders at D one six hundred and forty one K, Marcus Bontepelli at M one six hundred and eighty one K, Zach Butters joining him there at M two, and of course our man in the last, Sid Draper, who fresh if you haven't seen it get across the Super Coach social channels at Bear Torris two had a piece of it. Our man Sid Draper just running the rings around the rest of the Crow squad the final hit out before Christmas, absolutely towing in the repeat sprints, so he's ready. Jago Smith another we've talked about I must have at this point in the cheapy stakes. Gorn and Cherry the big two in the ruck are locked in there. Horny one man Jason Horn, Francis F one, Jack McCrae F two at the moment. But that's the few players there the seven names that I'm going to build around today. Are you surprised us so far?
Speaker 3: Well, you've gone to set and forget in the rock department. That's already a lot of coin to be spent. So I'm interested to see where you're going elsewhere across the field. I've also got the Bond and Butters there, so two you know, you've got basically three or four guys there that are close to that one hundred and twenty mark, so plus Flanders five, so you've got the basically all the big dogs here. So clearly the fans is going the guns and rookies for season twenty twenty five, and that's also going to leave a stack of money for the new flex position. So interested to see where we're going from here? Bear your first thoughts.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it though, I think big dogs only big big dogs only, guns and rookies. Just looking through the rookies, all of the names are exciting. You did mention Sid Draper, we're all in see that he might be the podcast pet Sid Draper Billy Dowling of Yeah, I don't mind that five, like the entire top ten, we're all honestly just as good as each other. My man, Sam Laula pick one on potential.
Speaker 2: And yeah, your man, he's your man. You came in before you, before you even made Debil and the Leir. I think you called him out last year as the one to watch in the draft. Are you going to pick him?
Speaker 1: Of course if he's if he's playing around one on picking him interesting because he's a bigger build than some of the other rookies alongside him. Just interesting how Richmond manage him in the preseason. I know there's a little bit of is that there's a little bit of concern just around how his body will hold up in the preparation exclusive I don't know, maybe I don't know where I heard that. We better leave it there, but yeah, if he's good to go around one, I'll be picking him. A bit upset he's mid only though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did think he was going to get mid forward status, but yeah, the folks have decided at Champion Datter that he's mid only to start the season. And also, you know, obviously coming in at the hefty price of two hundred plus k. Beertorius though a big fan of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I think this is the season for guns and rookies, just the top ten, all those cheapies. They're all future stars hopefully. Yeah. I do.
Speaker 2: Like we've spoken about it, guns and rookies does seem the way to go and the big dogs there, but I do have some medium dogs. There's a plenty of mid price value in Super Coach this year. As I was picking it the first time Decend eighteen when team picker did open run out of money, went too hard to scale back on a few keen names, but in defense at this point know Harry Shechezel, no Luke Ryan, no real reason not against them, just looking to save a little bit of cash and a guy who finished the year in my team and on a heater. Thanks for some Dossi advice. I have to give one, this one to Dossi. Jacksonclair D two is in there at the moment, just a little bit cheaper given he started the year a bit slower, but massive run to finish the year with the top scoring defender I think close to in the second half of the year, he's in at D two, can't afford much else in terms of premiums at six hundred K five fifty k back there. So Bear will know this one, dossill know this one. D three might be a little bit early, Maddie Roberts one's now. We did have a look at the numbers on Code Sports during the week the fast finishes to twenty twenty four, but I'm not sure if you saw it. It looked at the percentage change of players the highest percentage change of players first eighteen rounds and the final six rounds of the year. Mattie Roberts plus seventy percent average one hundred and thirteen in the final six rounds of twenty twenty four. We know he came macking decide, settled into that role very well. Four thirty four k underpriced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be interesting to see how many people remember the finish to last year versus the average that he starts at. I think what it's a approximately eighty average, So you know, it could be considered an awkward price if you don't think he's going to continue that form of late last year. So it'd be interesting to see how many people believe that that's going to continue. And I know we're obviously strong believers in Maddi Roberts.
Speaker 2: There's a few he's at four to thirty four K. There's a few players in that range in other spots in the team, I really think, and they could shuffle potentially if if we don't see enough or our perb second thoughts about that mid price value, then it might go up to make one a gun, make one a rookie. So plean to play around with there, but at this point I like it. D four haven't heard much about this guy. Kitty Coleman though too. Sixty nine K. We know we missed last year with ACL twenty twenty three Grand Final. One hundred super Coach points in the first half was good value. I think about three eighty around about the start last year wasn't to be. He's all up and going for around one to sixty nine K. Absolute bargain bear he.
Speaker 1: Was this time last year. He was a lock in all of our teams all the way up unto until I was opening around. He did that aco, wasn't it So it didn't actually affect our teams. But yeah, I think it's going to be Daja vu he'll be there. Lock him in. Can I just jump? Oh back to Sinclair? Jack Sinclair, was it your V one point zero team? He copped some copp some slack on socials with a Wangan in Miller over Sinclair.
Speaker 3: I did cop a little bit of slack for that, yes, but that was purely due to price at the current structure. But yeah, I think also just a little bit of age bias as well, Sinclair getting a little bit, but Wangan in miller A. You know, I think I honestly don't know what to do with the two premium slots in defense at the moment. Really, that was probably the biggest place I struggled. But we'll continue with the fans squad, But I think building out the team, that's definitely the place I struggled the most. If you're not going, you know, both Flanders and Cheesel, I just like where do you go? And Sinclair is probably the third favorite. I'd imagine there maybe even a Houston because I think his suspension will be over after opening round, I believe, so that'll be an interesting one if people back him in as well.
Speaker 2: Now I think a popular D four in twenty twenty four might be Toby Tivalia from the Saints Big Engine, Big Tank. We know Ross played Da Darcy Wilson threw him in straight away last year, backed him in, thrown up and down the ground, and we think maybe Trevallia might do that for the Saints in his first year one hundred and seventy two though just can't fit that in. I'm probably not going to pick him ahead of those similar priced rookies in the midfield. I think I'm going to back in the the likes of Smith, the likes of Draper. There's a few more in there to come as well. I think there's enough there at the bottom end of the rookie price in the rookie price pool.
Speaker 1: In defense.
Speaker 2: We spoke about him on the Price Reveal show feature in the Rookie Bible as well, which is out now. From the Bombers, Sad l Hooley is locked in. I think he starts in that side. Is a good chance to start in that side, all going well over Summer was up with Andy McGrath in the recent running said Draper dom that running we said before starto wholly as well impressing in that regard at Essendon training. Can he play him on field. I've got him in at D five at the moment.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I almost think it's a waste not to have him on field, given what we've heard out of Essen, and given how well he was playing in the VFL after coming back from injury late last year. So yeah, I think I think, even though he's one hundred and nineteen K, I think he should be on field for most.
Speaker 2: Yep, another one who could I'm hoping we can play on field mature age. We love mature ages that are picked up. The Swans don't just draft anyone. They don't draft a lot of project players, especially when they're a mature age like this Riley Bias from the VFL one hundred and thirteen K. Again, I think he could be the one where you're probably not pick him on a bench, take advantage of that pick him on the field. If new coach Dean Cox does start with him, I think this could be some real money to be made and probably some good scoring I guess, given the role he plays there in defense.
Speaker 1: I just can't wait to walk out of this I mean, throwing names and all the research at me. I can't wait to walk out of this layer and have the team looking exactly like the both of you. So thanks guys, thanks for inviting me.
Speaker 2: DOSSI copies me bear So he wouldn't be the first on the bench very early obviously, but one who I don't mind. He could very well change. But Charlie Edwards from the Crows second year player out there, was drafted a couple of years ago after playing defense, then moved into the midfield in the Coach League over there the final six games and dominate as a tall midfielder. Crows picked him up he impressed at sample level last year. And our other man five names, Sime Kingsley Thomas Wilson has been down at training at West Lakes and all over the Adelaide so far this summer and said Charlie Edwards is doing some good things, so I put him on the bench for now. Fits in to the structure a little bit and the whole saving money situation. One who definitely could change to finish off on the bench in defense. Zach Reid from the Bombers. We've been burnt before, can't stay on the park. We wanted him in last year, got injured. Just going to pick him in Hope one hundred and nineteen k DOSSI.
Speaker 1: Solid, it's a solid back line.
Speaker 3: You know, it's quite you know, you've gone definitely a couple of big dogs up top and then a little bit of mid price and then you're seriously going cheap. So it'll be interesting to see. You know, we're going to need some news from Kitty Coleman. Let's just recap Sam Flanders, Jackson Clare Matt Roberts, Kitty Coleman, Sade Hawley, Riley byas Charlie Edwards.
Speaker 1: And Zach Reid.
Speaker 3: That's correct, yep, all right, let's move on to the Mids fans yet.
Speaker 2: The big dogs at the top, as we mentioned before, Marcus Bonton, Pelli, Zach Butters, M one and M two. Zack By one hundred and twenty points per game last year. I think he's got a little bit more in him than that, which would be a big year one hundred and twenty six. Can't see that changing. Pick him, doesn't matter about the price you've got him there. You're not going to you're not playing, as we know in Supercoach, or if you are just joining us for the first time. We're not picking these players at the top end for their money, not trying to make money off them. If Blont drops fifty k at one point, be still finished the year one hundred and twenty point average, which would probably think he's going to be a six point drop on last year. Still at the points. Don't worry about that money as starts you're making at the top end. Of course, the chief of premiums. There are bout your premiums where you can make money on and take with. But don't worry about those two. Just lock them in. Had to scroll down a bit further. Nick Daikos, like as Zach Merrick Kaalis wrong, nothing wrong with these guys, but I have to pick my man. He signed a nine he signed a six year contract extension. He's now the longest contracted player in the AFL. Hayden Young five forty six kg, one hundred and one points per game last year. I think when he really gets going locked into that midfield role, it gets more.
Speaker 1: He's locked in.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's not locked in, but has another year another summer training with the midfield group. I think he can push one tense. I've got him in five out, five out, go on long gone M three is Hayden Young now another one of my boys, George Wardlaw, who you know I really like and I do still want to pick him, and this spot might change. But can you pick two at the same price in the four fifty K four sixty seventy K bracket, I'm not sure, so I've gone with Clayton Oliver four fifty one K that Bear touris.
Speaker 1: Is he going to be okay this year? Yep? There it is. Take it to the bank. He'll be back. Him and Petraker both back.
Speaker 3: Did you hear well? You wouldn't have been. You're probably not listening yet there, Bear. We know you're not an avid listener of the podcast. DOSSI klay Clayton of Little Last Week Lock. There you go, my biggest lock, biggest lock, biggest I like that I did. I didn't have him in my first draft though.
Speaker 1: It's right B one, that's right.
Speaker 2: So Warlor much definitely in this thinking around in that spot. But I do like Clary. I do kind of agree with dos hate to say it sometimes that Bear tourists, but he does get a few right. So slotting in after that M five because I need to drop down some cash. James Peeling set in the track a light and over some if we see him in the midfield in the preseason games three fifty K price at sixty five and average of sixty five, where he puts at least twenty on that as a midfielder at the Crows, and that's probably enough at that price. He doesn't need to become a keeper.
Speaker 1: I feel like preseason you're only usually hearing positive things, but Peeling at the Crows is just taking it to another level with what we're hearing on the track from him.
Speaker 2: So do you like the bucket hat?
Speaker 1: Bear? I will like the bucket hat one day, one day. I'm not a hat man. Okay. When the hairline starts receding badly, then I'll get around it.
Speaker 2: Going for a few years. Yeah, going for a haircut after, isn't you a Dossy inspired?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let it be noted that I'm going to get a filthy mullet a la Dossi. But he's pushed, pushed the podcast ahead of my haircut. Didn't want to be out mulleted.
Speaker 3: It was intentional. It was certainly intention I'll have to have to share a picket later, yep. Yeahs Peatling's time on ground last year, like I think that's the thing that's just obvious upside for him. Regardless of how much mid time he gets, He's going to play more time on ground. He's not going to be the star. He's not going to be used in a minimal role like he was.
Speaker 1: At g Dub's yep.
Speaker 2: M six mentioned for Jaggers Smith, this is where the rookies start. There are a few options Leviy ash Cross, Harvey Langford, Josh Smiley as well, but the one I've locked in after Jaggers Smith, before Sid Draper at M seven, Ed Allen from the Piles one hundred and ninety four K, second year down there at the Magpie's second or third Jack Sorry, Nick Dakos. An interview with Harold Times Glenn McFarland a couple of weeks ago. Nick Dakos was the raised at Allen's name potential superstar I think or his words or potential star when asked about who might break out in twenty twenty five down at the Pies.
Speaker 3: Serious difference between star and superstar. And they're fans to get that clarified or that quote.
Speaker 1: It can be half a star.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ninety four K Ed Allen, Sid draper the lair zone at m mate to finish off will quickly run through the bench.
Speaker 1: In the midfield.
Speaker 2: Can't afford a lot of money on the bench there, but that's where I might use flex to make sure I've got those turpeen guys that are needed. Bo Alan Dossy's man, Allen comes in.
Speaker 3: I was wondering where he was defender. He's got defense eligibility. So that's a nice little bit of swing there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now the other swing I like on the bench there for mid new Erasmus from the Dockers at one nineteen K.
Speaker 3: While you had the Dockers guernsey in the studio. Today there fence a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a flavor.
Speaker 2: Now, we don't always trust the word of five names, but he has been saying good things about Christian Marius down at the Power. They do like him, been featuring a bit more than the other draft d So I'm looking him in early on the bench one hundred and thirteen K as a mid only.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a stacked midfield. I do like the look of this quite a bit more than your I mean, your defensive line's pretty solid too, but the defense the midfield is just loaded bond Butters Young, Oliver Petling, Jaggers, Smith, Draper Ed Allen the Superstar as well. There followed by yeah, the bench is a really solid one as well. I really like Neil Erasmus as a pick, you know, won the Waffle being won the waffle best and fair best players or in the Grand Final, and hopefully he gets his opportunity this year. But it's a loaded mid Avants.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: The ruck at our three, you know, Gordon and Cherry on the field, just a no to our man at the moment, throw the position. Thomas Simms from the Tigers Ford ruck one hundred and thirteen K. He's locked in on the bench.
Speaker 1: I really thought you were going to say, Thomas to Conning.
Speaker 2: Thomas Thomas Simsy Ford line flex still with flex, not to be surprised us here in the Ford line horn. Francis McCrae F one and F two. Bailey Smith coming in at his new home down at the Cats at F three at this stage three eighty nine K. Too much value to pass up for mine. There is a lot of value down there, Jamara. I've talked about a lot, did talk up. I haven't picked him in my first team, but look at a lock I did, I can't quite fit him in just yet times a meme. I won't pick him, but I have dropped down. Is this is where if this doesn't work out the Potaos Philippo yep three thirteen K Ford Mid. Can I pick Philippo Smith and Jamara?
Speaker 1: Maybe not?
Speaker 2: So that's where I settled at the moment, Bailey Smith and Matthaeas Philippo because an absolute no brainer and a Locke who should be in every team. Caleb Daniel two sixty nine K North Melbourne Ford Mid locked in there for me at F five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Ford line is going to be very vanilla in many teams this year. I mean, you've got four guys there you could arguably say a Locke if they do, you know, return the value we expect in McCrae, Basilenka, Philippo and Caleb Daniel. I think, yeah, there will be some inch forward lines out there, but I feel like the main stays these are are going to be some of the most owned players we're going to.
Speaker 1: See this year. Caleb Daniel.
Speaker 3: The other day, joy Simpkins spoke about his presence at training to North Melbourne The North Melbourne Media the team there and if you just go look at that, he's just glowing about his presence at training, his leadership, how he was best. He reckons he was best on the other day and Edward have matched him. So look, Caleb Daniel was one of the biggest locks this year.
Speaker 2: Ye Vanilla Phantom in the forward line there a little bit I see little smile from at Bear Tories scrolling down after that, looking to get the cheaper rookie on the field. I can't scroll past one. Tom Lynch though, one hundred and eighty three K at this point of the year. If he's playing in round one, opening round, whenever they're playing Tom Lynch, I have to pick him, surely at that price. Kicks a couple of bags, makes some cash, does his job as a cash cow. What do you think I'm picking him?
Speaker 1: F six? What do you reckon Bear? It depends I've sent some I don't think I'm agreeing with fanc here. Yeah, that's one.
Speaker 3: You know, that's seventy K. If you say, okay, it is dependent on getting a rookie playing, but say Erasmus does play, or even yeah, so if you're going if you get an Erasmus to play, then I think I'd be happy going with that. But if you look at like another one of our star sort of rookies from this crop, like an Isaac CaCO from Essenon, he's one close to one fifty k, so paying an extra thirty four, an established veteran that we know can do it, and you know, can put up some decent super coach cars. Like you said, if he just kicks a bag, you know it's gonna be tough to get it down forward for Richmond, but surely he can get enough just to make you a bit of cash. Yeah, it's all to do with the body. If he's healthy, I'm gonna be looking at him strongly for sure.
Speaker 1: Not for you, Bear, I just don't think it's twenty nineteen anymore. Fans. We'll see, we'll see. But all the time, all the time, I'm going to let you mention our boy if you want Ford mid Jitter best giants.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ollie Hannaford, our boy from the g Dubs, A rebel of course, of course.
Speaker 1: Bears Man.
Speaker 3: But yeah, look, if you get any of these cheaper rookies. But look Tom Lynch, look at his career history in supercoach and you know, for what you're paying for just basically a rookie, cheaper than a cheaper than a Sid Draper, cheaper than a Jagger Smith. You know, Tom Lynch has certainly done it before as a forward, so I wouldn't be opposed to paying.
Speaker 1: Up Carlton, Port Adelaide, Saint Kilda, Brisbane first four for Richmond. I don't think they're playing opening around that Richmond Carlton game comes up first.
Speaker 3: So you just got to get the cash before he gets injured. Yeah, that's that's the really problem.
Speaker 2: Uh some good names you said, Kko Jack Martin as well with the Cats, Luke Peddler, crow Babs injuries last year. Joe bare Very at the power of doing some good things down there, probably starts or a good chance to start in their side as a small for. But again, what numbers does he put up? You mentioned hannapit at one twenty seven. Elijah hewittt though gets the first bench spot for me forward be one hundred and twenty two. K a young Eagle who Dossi has talked up. So back Dossi in. He was obviously a very highly rated junior, hasn't quite put it together yet. Battled a few issues with his body. Yep, put backing him in DOSSI absolutely back in him.
Speaker 3: He's another one that if healthy, wouldn't be opposed to just starting him on field like it might even get some midfield rotation straight off the bat in there for the Eagles. So one to closely monitor and potentially, yeah, save a bit of cash on field if you needed.
Speaker 2: Fortunately, cannot find anyone I like just yet. The ninety nine K the ninety nine K bracket in Super Coach, but one hundred and thirteen K mature age four from Bear's mob. Aiden Johnson gets the final spot on the bench. All going well, he slots in there as a bigger body who can play straight away help out the d's.
Speaker 1: I think Melbourne Socials did put up a video unfortunately of him getting out muscled the other day. But yeah, mature age, your age can play. I don't mind that.
Speaker 3: Now you've got about two hundred and eleven K left in the bank for the new flex position extra player on the field in twenty twenty five, Super Coach, who have you got.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred percent sure the best strategy to go with yet we've spoken about to use it to add to your cash gen do you pick an extra ruckman. We know we only get to pick two, but there's a lot of guys who score well consistently. At the moment, I am going with Levi Ashcroft. As for a bit more cash, Jen another one of those top end rookies from the draft too. I think can score well and make some early cash that I can't fit in the midfield given I've gone a little bit deeper with the petling, so Lei Ashcroft hold the flex spot early in my very early team. Pick a team and that is it. I'm pretty happy with it. Plenty plenty will I think change over summer, but some good names in there. I don't mind the structure as it is. My two mid price heavy always say that I want to stay away from it, but can't help myself sometimes, especially this stage of the year when it's tempt me to have a bit of fun.
Speaker 3: Any name stand out to you bear missing from this squad. I'll mention a couple that people may they ask about on the socials. You know you don't have any. You've gone some of the big dogs, no doubt about that. Plenty of the big dogs. No Sheezel, no de cooss In there maybe two of the big names people are interested in starting this year.
Speaker 1: I mentioned that's just me getting excited for Melbourne twenty twenty five. But that's I mentioned Petrarca. I'm excited to see how he goes back. Do we need to see how he goes back first? That's probably that's probably the thing you know, time away, But just like looking at him pre season back smiling as well, which is good to see now I like it. Fance. I will note that TDK is five hundred and forty seven K to give Cherry six forty five gone six six eight TDK would give me.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money to play around with, would help me out, maybe another midfield premium go peeling up, but I would have to just be starting with the does he I'm not sure I can do that.
Speaker 1: I'll probably be siding with actually, are you revealing your one R two or like as TDK there or oh yeah, I think he is at the moment a little contract eccenter from last I've.
Speaker 3: Gone Cherry as well. But yeah, to me, if I just that's so much money to spend if you're going Gorn Bond, butters Cherry and Flanders, it's just so much cash on field, like it is pure guns and rookies, and we think maybe that is a good strategy with you know, with flex you're going to drop off one of your worst scores every week as well, so the top end's going to be important, especially through the buyer rounds. We kind of saw that as well with Best a Team. We found that the top end big dogs, you know, they're the ones that are going to get it done and get you up the rankings. Another player sort of out of the mix though, if you wouldn't mind commenting on this one, he would be. And I'd say most teams probably just start the year. You didn't have Will Ashcroft in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did try to. He was in the conversation when I was trying to work it out in my head. Clayton, Oliver, George Wardlow and Will Ashcroft. At the moment I've picked one, I've picked Clary, couldn't pick all three. Probably we'll go back to it two. If I find some cash that can go from Petling up, maybe I do downgrade in the ruck, but it's just can't fit the three in that price range. Maybe if another cheaper rookie pops up and we downgrade, you know, we Dowan grade ed Allen Dan grade Levi Ashcroft and picked the cheaper rookies when cash Cow might pop over the preseason and give him more. Made a play around with another mid price in the Ashcroft or Wardlow.
Speaker 1: So it was Phino Sullivan in that in your team. Sorry, I don't think so, so that my only concern with Levi ashkoff. He is a known scorer, but just the interest to his role at Brisbane, there's a lot of good midfields there whether that hinders him a little bit, And I guess that's probably the same thinking for me with someone who's not in your team Phino Sullivan at North Melbourne. So jury's out for Levi Ashcroft for me and also Phinosullivan. But yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: I think he probably plays more half forward, high half four, maybe in the odd stint in there in the midfield, depending who's going. So he's not going to bang start straight in there like a Jagger Smith will or a Said Draper for their respective midfields. But I think leave Ashcroft is good enough to win enough of the footy, be involved in enough of those scoring chains playing a high half forward role that he can still average seventy five plus. I don't think he's going to We're not going to back him into average ninety or ninety five that we you know, have done with the top end midfielders of the previous draft.
Speaker 3: Now will peel the curtain back just a little bit on the fans team review here made it about five minutes.
Speaker 1: Before the episode. Sorry work on the desk.
Speaker 3: One other player you may have missed in your rush to come to the studio fans Callum Mills.
Speaker 2: I need to wait and see, I think, miss I don't miss anyone.
Speaker 1: Does he.
Speaker 2: Not in the team yet?
Speaker 3: In the three hundred bracket?
Speaker 1: He is my man.
Speaker 2: I've seen a couple. I've been on him ahead of time. He's my man. Color Mills just not seeing enough from the great man. Just need to wait and see. Good price.
Speaker 1: It's got every other Sydney defender in there.
Speaker 2: Exactly how many Sydney defenders can you get?
Speaker 3: And one more final in the cheapy bracket. Clearly missed this one.
Speaker 1: Rory Atkins. Now two hit the sound the pill pill? Get our first pill pill for the year. Where is it? Rusty? A bit rusty? Re Atkins though? Get there? Here we go.
Speaker 2: Impressing in the running o Reatkins there and up facing the media as well facing the music. Maybe he might feature more than we all thought for the Packer.
Speaker 1: I actually had a Crow's friend of mine Crow's fans, very exclusive message, No I don't know, just just grip chat chat message me saying he actually thinks Roy Atkins might play.
Speaker 3: He couldn't believe it, he said in an interview recently.
Speaker 1: More more than what he is.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm keen to contribute this year and beyond and beyond break out here. He's a couple of years to go on old reakins.
Speaker 1: I'll consider that one. Does he like your Atkins? I like it? Houston replacement, yep, Well we can kick.
Speaker 2: They need that king good kicking is good, super coach?
Speaker 1: What's Kane Farrell at? Oh? Too much? Four for five?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's fantastic for your first team reveal there fans. Hopefully people enjoyed, you know, be able to copy that one if you, if you did listen to it, I can see him looking it in. We've got a bit of a yeah, you can check it out on YouTube if you. If you did just listen to this one and you want to see more of the visual aspect. Now, if you do want to get onto Team Picker fans, what do we do you?
Speaker 2: If you're a super Coach Plus subscriber, sign in as you would through the app on a desktop. Go to your team from last year. You see you see a nice shiny gold button at the top of your team, just above the defender bench. Twenty two twenty five Team Picker. I'll open it up for bear for a very nice Christmas present. If we haven't already, we have a thousands of ccific coaches out there are doing so if you haven't enjoy it, hopefully is a nice break.
Speaker 1: Before we go, you want to check in who your boys and how many boys? Any quick claims you got Oli Hanford, I'll claim Lawler and God's to.
Speaker 3: Got a few, Yeah, I had a few in my team. I don't have my team up at the moment, so I really like Maria's picked by the way, I honestly think everyone's. I see Kittie Coleman, I'm probably going to pick if he's healthy, I'll pick him someone exactly in that price bracket. I have just the gut field Ari shaw Maker. Oh of course, Big, of course, Big breakout. I've already mentioned I've been sort of talking up a bit of Damn Curtain as well, cutless sort of guys that I don't think many people get around. I have seen Arishaw making a couple of screenshots out there. You can now screenshot your team as well, fans, if you want to maybe show how to do that real quick. There is a button at the top right that you can now screen share your team, easy to pop on the socials, on desktop and on mobile. And yeah, I think I think that's all we got to say, though, I'll think of a proper you know, list soon enough.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 2: It's a long list, so it's like Santa's list, Alady list. He's got about thirty five boys podcasts. I reckon coming in solo podcast. Get on there, Start sharing your teams with us and the rest of the Super Coach community. Enjoy the Team Picker, Enjoy the Christmas and New Year period with obviously your family and friends, and obviously also more so by yourself on the Team Picker picking your Super Coach team.
Speaker 1: And we're back in the new year, does
Speaker 3: He We'll be back soon.