Speaker 1: You're on the air, which I and Lauren Clint here as well. We're doing a thanks to what if it's ausy for travel? Dobby Day is approaching and guess who's gonna be there?
Speaker 2: I remember that is like this.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was in near twelve when this album came out.
Speaker 4: It's like my graduation about.
Speaker 1: Well, Anastasia is back.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be a Dobby Day. All the thing is she's in the studio with us this morning.
Speaker 4: To be left.
Speaker 5: Waiting for you to the meaning it's not okay. I don't feel sad. Say what we need to pray Anna Staga.
Speaker 4: I love the glasses here. I feel like you're one with me.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Star, Welcome the.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize we were going to look like like the Beatles, like the Beatles on Yeah you do yours? RIGI did. We've got the temo version. No, that's fine, that's fine. The version is even more fun. Thank you? Have you been enjoying it? I you know, I miss I miss being in Australia. I love it so much. In the last time I was here, I was here for the Masked Singer in twenty twenty one. Well you know, yeah, I was in costume. Most of the times people say, that's see, you had to be under cover. I had to be under the cover, and and then you know, randomly. It was not on purpose that I won, because I truly did not think I was going to get I mean, every time somebody was going on.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think you were going to beat Some of those people were not got a voice like that.
Speaker 4: But I had no I do who's on the show? I don't know what I was saying. So when I was doing stuff, I felt like I was horrible because the costume was heavy and oh god, I didn't hit that note right, and you know, it's just difficult in your head. Yeah, but I loved every minute of it and I want it.
Speaker 3: And she's back, She's back, and you don't have to be on the com I don't.
Speaker 4: And I'm just walking the streets like a lady on the on the road. You join Melbourne, I.
Speaker 2: Am giving you.
Speaker 4: No, and I'm They're like a little bit like coke bottles. I'm sorry, I'm going to be No, you don't have to be over your head. It's good.
Speaker 2: Forgot.
Speaker 4: Also, the glasses, well it does it. It makes rosy you know you prescription or is Yes, they've always been prescription. I've had glasses on since I was six, so if I've been wearing glasses and different shapes and decided to put a tint in them in my early twenties just because guys would say, you're a pretty sexy librarian, and I was like, I can't see get away. You know, but that's so iconic, Like they became a very strange thing that I didn't mean to happen, but it became like was tonic. Yeah, I didn't mean it to be that way. So I was more well done, innocently smart.
Speaker 1: So next year, mark's the twenty fifth anniversary of your debut album, Not that Kind. I was trying to go through photos last night of the storage cupboard because I hosted one of your in stores at Westfield, like twenty four years ago when you came here.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I loved in stores. I was obsessed.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find the photo I found me with the sugar babes and ALIENA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we know who you like. The ones in the skirts. You like the girls with the dresses on I or the leather. So I think he liked that too.
Speaker 1: It was just such cool time would too all the time and yeah, they'd be do you.
Speaker 4: Think about you think about Yeah, you think about the record stores? You? I mean, yeah, I loved it. I love signing CDs and whether it was a it was an and I loved in stores. I was like, please don't let it end, because it's just you get that connection with the found The only.
Speaker 1: Awkward bit was the shopping center they used to host to that would have like one of those giant escalators and they would bring the special guests and the stage you're in from the roof and.
Speaker 4: Run a clap as I came down so slow.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I go, give it up for Anastasia. And then you'd be on the travel lighter coming down and I have to go.
Speaker 4: But and to be honest, now I'm much more. I would have done some serious fun stuff Like I was so scared to be too much, you know myself. I was like, they're going to judge me, so h now, I just I would have like done the I'm a different me now, ho I do that? You don't have? The judgment is a funny thing for women, right, and it's obviously changing.
Speaker 3: But I think people think as you get older, you actually get more self conscious.
Speaker 4: But I feel like as.
Speaker 3: We get older, women are getting more and more confident.
Speaker 4: And we know, and I think, do you think it's just you realize all the worrying you did was for nothing. It was for wasted of time, you know. And I try to be the best best role model advocate I can be to the younger audience and just say, listen, you got to go through the bumps. It's not going to feel great. It has the health, the health. Thank you. Don't look at my toe. I had surgery on my toe, so I'm six weeks from that.
Speaker 2: But it's good. You know.
Speaker 3: We still got ten toes.
Speaker 4: We do, but we the big toe was not moving.
Speaker 2: Well, you just lost the demo that are into fake.
Speaker 4: No, but I have another foot. That's great. I have another But you know they did sometimes they like that. You know, I just have to bring it back and they'll be like, oh, one leg, Okay. Does that mean there's lots around there's yeah, they're out for now for now. But you know, platforms are I mean, they're in. They're always in platforms.
Speaker 2: What are you doing at the rices?
Speaker 4: I'm the I'm jockey from it. So they have me on one of the horses. I don't know which one, but you know, they said I'm a perfect size, and so I'm doing that and I'm gonna put my big foot and no, I'm actually gonna come off the helicopter that day and have fun with the with the audience and then go on stage and and be me, so you perform me. You know, I'm gonna do all the b sets that we're never on an album. No, I'm doing all the hits for sure. I mean I want to do all the hits because I really do love my song. Say why that's right, send me, let me and what else pays? Not that kind? In fact, not that kind. Nt K twenty five is the name of next year's tour. Oh so it's not that kind twenty five.
Speaker 2: So when you tour these days.
Speaker 4: When I tour, I like how you say that.
Speaker 1: Too different from the old days, Like you like a relaxed, classy hotel. Now, like are you out partying after a gig?
Speaker 4: I never really did party after a gig because when and if I ever did, I would be sounding like Manistasia. So that was I'd be like, I don't want to. It would be not the best high notes for me.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Jex aside though, like it's surprised. I mean you look at the sad thing that happened to lay In Payne a couple of weeks ago and say, it's quite sad that that's not happening more just because of how these TV isn't it. Yeah, the industry is just crazy at the moment.
Speaker 4: And another pressure, the pressure when you're when you're that young and you know, uh, there isn't You try to support the the people that are in this industry, but sometimes you just he always seemed happy, he always seemed having a great time, and it was you know, it was more of a facade and inside sometimes you don't know really where their struggles are. And so I think someone.
Speaker 2: Young, honist, it'd be so easy to get caught up with that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it is hard, and there's a lot of pressure. And I think most of the time most of us artists are very, very insecure and and me included, I want to do good and then when I go to do something, I judge it as I didn't do a good job, and somebody else is like you were fine, and I was like, no, no, this didn't happen, and then you're out of your zone and you're starting to not be in the moment, and then your head is somewhere else. But nobody really gets what our heads think about. So unfortunately we can be our own worst critics.
Speaker 6: You're from the Windy City, from Chicago. Now, is it a good time to be out of the States at the moment? Because there is a lot going on consuming as an American? It must be it just must be exhausting.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry. I'm just so sorry. I'm sorry for America. I'm meaning I'm sorry for us as Americans, for the rest of the world. I apologize for all Americans, but mainly the half that like Trump. So I am not I've never been a bully supporter. I've never been. I don't. I believe in positivity, not negativity. So my whole philosophy is not his. Whether he was Republican independent, I've never been a hymn supporter of being cruel. So I just find that he has really uh, his character is not what I like. So political aside, but I'm voting for the character at this moment, and if I'm voting for the character, heesday Tuesday, meaning the I voted already, so uh for America. I was going to say, America, Shamerica. We are going to affect the whole world if he gets in.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm really really praying for the opposite, because I've got a lot of American friends who are getting out of Americas this way. I don't It's going to be very scary because a lot of things are going to go away that people don't realize they took for granted, and the first being Roe versus Wade, where women are back in the day when they would have illegal abortions and stuff like that. I'm not here to be religious and tell people what to do, but I do believe if you want to do something with your body, do it. My only disagreement with something like that would be where's the I mean, it takes two to make a baby. What's going on with the man? Why is it all on the woman?
Speaker 6: Like what politicians?
Speaker 4: Does he get involved with? What happens there? This is where I just feel like being fair is my whole Yashpiel, I have not changed since I've been in the business. I'm always the same. I don't like war, I don't like negativity. So for me, what's happening in the world is that half are loving the negativity and half are like, can't we'll have got along. So I just I don't know. I don't really know. I think the Internet has has sucked a lot of people into believing that, you know, Trump is it's okay that he's mean, He's just joking, And I'm like, well, I wouldn't want my kid to joke like that. So you just got to put yourself, almost without politics, into is that how what you want your kid to aspire to be, because that's what they will. Yeah, it's a very good point. But rather than that, get back to them.
Speaker 3: Now Saturday night, off to Dorby Day.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get a karaoke room. We do it every dobby day.
Speaker 3: I'm to go to Like, if you were in a karaoke room, obviously everyone want to hear your own song, but would you sing something else.
Speaker 4: Of not sing something that would show off my voice? Because immediately when I get up there, no one wants to come up to mich after me. You don't want you don't want. No one wants to go off to someone like I will be really like, come and me on.
Speaker 2: To go.
Speaker 4: Like I'll do stuff that makes the have fun. Okay, you know, because if I'm singing a Whitney Houston song, they're just like, oh god, no, yeah, but they still prefer to us.
Speaker 3: I want to hear me because.
Speaker 4: Not because they're like they all do the thing that I do that I don't realize I do.
Speaker 2: Hang on, you're saying you want to hear someone? Do you yes? Learn?
Speaker 4: Learn?
Speaker 2: Do you want left that? I'm out of love?
Speaker 4: You tell me you whatever you feel. That's that's you, that's you choose. Okay, I'm going to tell you exactly what I want. The lights are.
Speaker 2: Low, Okay, you're ready, ready, Okay, three? Two free? Let me out this Mills.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, like you do it. I changed the words like to have a few solo balls, left outside alone, I don't know where that comes from. And no how.
Speaker 2: To left us alone?
Speaker 4: I know alan extra syllable there are I don't know how to speak normal when it comes to when there's a melody and you're anything happy birth, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: There's two of them we're.
Speaker 4: Creating among anyway, we'll sell tickets to that. Off to dobbydo karaoke karaokes is so fun. Have you got a tip for the Dobby Day? Have you seen any of the horses names? There's always some case. You know what I actually just talked about. We're gonna we're gonna look at all the horses and we're going to make a choice on the names. Yeah, yes, and that, and I don't I'm not I don't do money, but I'm just gonna I'm gonna pick somebody just because of the name, know nothing about because the writer or anything like that, or Jockie and just gonna.
Speaker 3: Be helicopter in on Derby Day. All the Australian media are gonna come up to you and.
Speaker 4: Go, who's your pick for the diby. I'll be like me.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty four mailb Cup Carnibal kicks off this Saturday with Pinfolds at Victoria Derby Day.
Speaker 2: We're all going to be there.
Speaker 1: Anastasia will be as well, performing live VRSE dot com dot Au.
Speaker 2: For your tickets. It has been a pleasure.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Kids with the glasses on and everything. I love you. We're gonna start a tribute fat yeah, yeah, yeah, you can