Speaker 1: Live on Sky News. This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Oh Andrew's sending love to you and your family. Very sad day, Well, good evening everyone. At Massive Show tonight, Peter Dutton and Chris Minns speak directly to you about the wave of domestic terrorism rocking our streets. The shocking firebombing of a childcare center has today terrified Australian parents. New South Wales Premier Chris Mins on My Show Tonight, announces tough new laws. He says these attacks begin with words and the hate preachers and the pro Palestinian activists won't be able to get away with hate speech against Jews any longer. Mins expresses regret that he didn't take this action, he didn't introduce these laws sooner.
Speaker 1: That's coming up in a moment.
Speaker 2: Also tonight, on the show, I speak exclusively with well perhaps Australia's next Prime Minister, Peter Dutton. He talks about Donald Trump's anti woke agenda and says that if he were Prime Minister, he'd have a better relationship with the President than Albanezi. He also slams the Prime Minister for the escalating anti Semitic attacks our country is experiencing. Peter Dutton's explosive interview coming up. But now let's start by talking about Donald Trump's big moves on his first day in office, from having only two genders to withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accords, Trump gave a powerful, strong, and inspirational speech. He told the American people that nothing was impossible.
Speaker 3: Many people thought it was impossible for me to stage such a historic political comeback. But as you see today here I am the American people have spoken. I stand before you now as proof that you should never believe that something is impossible to do. In America. The impossible is what we do best.
Speaker 2: Trump has certainly faced major obstacles to get to this moment. Multiple civil and criminal cases mounted against him, The media and the judicial system came after him with everything they had. Yet as he was sworn in as the forty seventh president of the United States of America, there was no doubting he prevailed over his enemies and critics. In an emotional comment, Trump said he believed God had saved his life after that near miss assassination attempt just a few.
Speaker 3: Months ago in a beautiful Pennsylvania field and assassin's bullet ripped through my ear but I felt then and believe even more so now that my life was saved for a reason. I was saved God to make America great again.
Speaker 2: It was a day of major policy announcements, a changing of the world order in Washington, out with the woke ideology, and a new era of common sense with a priority on national security.
Speaker 1: Trump said that this election.
Speaker 2: At least he believes, was the most consequential in the history of the country now. In a controversial move, Trump pardoned nearly all January sixth defendants.
Speaker 1: That's one thy five hundred.
Speaker 2: People who stormed the US capital. He will withdraw the US from the Paris Climate Accord. He says America will take back the Panama Canal. He declared that official policy will recognize only two genders, a man and a woman.
Speaker 1: He delayed a.
Speaker 2: Ban for seventy five days on TikTok. He declared a legal immigration at the Mexico border a national emergency. He designate aided criminal cartels as terrorist organizations. He put a freeze on government hiring and ordered all federal workers to return to full time work in person. He also signed an order banning government censorship.
Speaker 3: After years and years of illegal and unconstitutional federal efforts to restrict free expression. I will also sign an executive order to immediately stop all government censorship and bring back free speech to America. Never again will the immense power of the state be weaponized to persecute political opponents. Something I know something about not allow that to happen. It will not happen again under my leadership.
Speaker 2: The President also pledged to write the injustices relating to the COVID pandemic.
Speaker 3: This week. I will reinstate any service members who were unjustly expelled from our military for objecting to the COVID vaccine mandate with full back pain.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: At one point, Trump stood beside Noah Agamani, who was held hostage in Gaza. He also had there with him other hostages and family members, and this was a clear symbol of Trump's solidarity with Israel. He also said, and another topic that traveling to Mars, this is a long held goal of Elon Musks, was now back on the official agenda, and.
Speaker 3: We will pursue our manifest Destiny into the Stars, launching American astronauts to plant the stars and stripes on the planet mars Es.
Speaker 2: Trump also revoked nearly eighty orders from the Biden administration that he said were radical and destructive, and he said America had been in decline from an establishment that extracted power and wealth from our citizens, while pillars of society lay broken and incomplete disrepair. The new president accused his predecessor, Joe Biden, of weakness and treachery, and claimed he prioritized the rights of illegal criminal aliens and wasted money defending foreign borders instead of America's own.
Speaker 1: And Trump didn't hold back when.
Speaker 2: He spoke about how he thought Biden had missed lad America.
Speaker 4: Did you know that Biden, while I was making my speech, pardoned his whole family, the brother.
Speaker 5: The whole deal was bardon.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine that.
Speaker 2: As he just said there in the dying hour of his administration, Biden pardoned his own family members for any crimes they may have committed since twenty fourteen. He also pardoned outrageously Anthony Fauci. I've written and spoken an enormous amount about Anthony Fauci's role in the COVID nineteen pandemic. The crux of the matter is he privately knew American funding may have created the coronavirus, finding that happened under his watch and in spite of an official ban.
Speaker 1: He knew this right from the start.
Speaker 2: We have the emails, Yet publicly Fauci claimed a laboratory leak was a conspiracy theory, and he took every effort to silence scientists and journalists and make sure they didn't pursue this matter. And now Biden has pardoned him ahead of any official invests mistigations that are sure to take place during the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: This is corruption, This is disgraceful.
Speaker 2: Now there's much to be hopeful about under the Trump administration. We should see a return to America occupying the role of a leader of the free world. It's a space that the US has abandoned under Joe Biden. There should also be a return to peace through strength.
Speaker 1: Trump has a clear eyed.
Speaker 2: View on terrorism, on who the enemies are and who is fighting for the right of all of us to live in peace, free from violence and intimidation. Trump steps into this role when Israel has been single handedly fighting terrorism for more than fifteen long months. Benjaminette and Yah, who has led this fight, this war with one arm tied behind his back as Biden worked against him, depriving him of the necessary military support and urging him at every step of the way to stop fighting.
Speaker 1: The terrorists have a ceasefire.
Speaker 2: Don't kill in ISRAELA, leave Hesbella alone, Go lightly on Tehran. This isn't the attitude needed when bloodthirsty terrorists kidnap two hundred and fifty innocent people, including a baby, and.
Speaker 1: Murder thousands more.
Speaker 2: Trump knows what's right and wrong, and hopefully in time he'll take on the ultimate culprit and financial backer of much.
Speaker 1: Of this terror, Iran.
Speaker 2: This global international leadership on this and other areas is desperately needed. Anthony Albinizi and Penny Wong. And Pennywong attended the inauguration. They don't see eye to eye with Trump. The Australian Labor Government's values and policy ideals are fundamentally different from that of the Trump administration, not just on Israel, but on China, on national security, on climate change, on gender and diversity. It seems the age of Woke is finally coming to an end and we can only hope this movement sweeping the globe would be replicated in Australia too. Now we're seeing a wave of domestic terrorism unfold in Sydney and Melbourne, with synagogues, homes, cars and restaurants vandalized, torched, satellite fire bombed and attacked. This took an even more dangerous and frightening turn this morning with the overnight firebombing of a childcare center in Maroubra in Sydney's East. Let me say that again, a childcare center. The daycare center was torched just before one am, with vandalism and anti Semitic slurs on the building. Now, this is a new level of cruelty, targeting a place where children play. It's only meters from a synagogue and there was significant damage. The attack finally forced the hand of the Prime Minister, but the antisemitism genie is well and truly out.
Speaker 1: Of the bottle now.
Speaker 2: Albanezey said today that he'd hold a national cabinet and anti Semitism. He said that kind of in passing this morning and then he held it this afternoon. It was a knee jerk reaction rather than giving the premiers proper time to consider and put forward thoughtful submissions. Unlike Albanezi, New South Wales Premier Chris Mins cares deeply about this hatred. When I went to see him today, he said he felt terrible this was all happening under his watch. The personal comment to me, I said to him in the interview, what about the hate preachers who are given the green light to make derogatory and racist remarks against Australian Jews. What about the pro Palestinian activists who get away with racist chance calling for not just the death, the massacre of Jews in Arabic and in English. Well, Chris Mins, he cares, and he is now pledging new laws to deal with all of this. He announces them for the first time on my show Now have a Look, Premier. Thank you so much for your time today. I wish I didn't have to interview you on this topic. What's your reaction to this attack on a childcare center overnight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good to see you too, Sharry. I'm sorry it's under these circumstances. I mean, I'm horrified by it.
Speaker 6: I think it's my worst fears and many people in the community's absolute worst fears to see barbaric acts from complete animals. I mean, I don't want to put too fine a point on it. Complete bastards that would burn down on a childcare center because it's linked to the back fences linked to a synagogue in Eastern Sydney and Maruba. I'm completely horrified by it. I think it's antithetical to everything that's been built up in Australia and I can completely understand why the Jewish community in New South Wales feels under siege. These attacks are are continuing and I'm devastated by it.
Speaker 5: But the resilience of both.
Speaker 6: The community and the government is unbowed and we will catch the people who are responsible for it.
Speaker 2: The attacks do seem to be escalating twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Same old story.
Speaker 2: Do you wake up every morning like we do and you just a horrified to think of what's happened overnight?
Speaker 6: They are escalating and I think it's important I say that. I don't want anyone to have the impression that we're trying to sweep this under the carpet or suggest that.
Speaker 5: It's not a major issue.
Speaker 6: This is the central priority of the government at the moment and New South Wales Police we are horrified by it and the escalating nature of the violence these hate crimes could see. I mean, I don't want to speculate on a terrible crime, but obviously that's what we're concerned about, so I mean, we watch it very closely. My wife said to me this morning as I got up for work and the reports came through of another fire, that it was heartbreaking for the city. We're all devastated by it, and I hope that the Jewish community in particular knows that the vast majority of people that live in New South Wales are with them in solidarity against this horrific crime. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. That's the perception I have as well.
Speaker 2: You know, we just both spoke about how they are escalating in frequency and severity.
Speaker 1: Are you concerned or do you agree with.
Speaker 2: Figures like Alex Ripchen and also David Ossip who are worried that this could lead to a loss of life.
Speaker 6: Look, I am worried about it. I think we should should have some candy here. But I do want to say that the New South Wales police and the government are committed to putting the resources in place to conducting a full in investigation and that is yielding results as we speak, and I can promise the community in New South Wales that this is a major police operation twenty detectives are working full time in Stripeforce PERL.
Speaker 5: That will be the auxiliary.
Speaker 6: Will be increased in the coming days, and that Stripeforce will be increased. So is that we can have the resources in place to fully investigate these crimes. But look, I am concerned about it. As I said, I don't want to downplay it. This is a major, major issue.
Speaker 2: We've seen the Prime Minister finally and relatedly call a national Cabinet on anti Semitism. What issues do you think need to be put on the table and discussed.
Speaker 6: Well, Look, one of the advantages of the Federation is that you can learn from other states, and WA in particular has very strong anti hate speech laws. Now, I regret we looked at these laws last year, changing them, strengthening them, ensuring that it didn't require private prosecution from concerned citizens, but rather the state making responsibility for someone who's trying to sow hate.
Speaker 5: And division in our community.
Speaker 6: I regret we didn't change the laws then, but I've learned our lesson. We are looking at other jurisdictions we want to introduce those laws. And the reason for it, Jari, is really straightforward, and that is I don't think that these anti Semitic attacks begin with someone committing a violent offense I think they commit. I think they begin with words, in particular racist words and vitriolic words that then sparks something in a bad actor who goes and commits a terrible offense. So we want to nip it in the bud at the beginning.
Speaker 5: We'll do that with law.
Speaker 2: And we're seeing this sort of language both by hate preachers but also pro Palestinian marches on the streets where we see language that actually calls for a massacre against Jews. It's in Arabic these chants. Do you think that needs to be dealt with it and put a stop to look.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, any any call to violence in our community on the basis of division and hatred needs to be confronted.
Speaker 5: By civic society South Wales.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've said this many times, but we don't have the same free speech laws that they have in the United States. They're far stronger, they're tougher, and I don't make any I don't make any excuses for that. I think the reason is because we live in a multi cultural community. We except people from around the world regardless of their faith. But if you come to our country. Then there are rights and there are responsibilities, and the responsibility to respect your fellow Australian is paramount. And if we need laws in place to make that point even more self evident, that's exactly what we'll do.
Speaker 2: It feels like there has been a green light given to the hate speech from some of these hate preachers.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's been the case?
Speaker 6: Look, I hope not, and I think it's incumbent upon political leaders civic leaders to say that it's never justifiable.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's been no laws used against any of the hate preachers who are speaking an extremely offensive language about Jews.
Speaker 6: Though. Look, the point here, Shahi is that it shouldn't be politicians that pick a prosecution or a private individual.
Speaker 5: It should be the state.
Speaker 6: And since similar laws have been in place in Western Australia, there's been fifty two prosecutions against individuals who weren't taking the extra step of promoting violence, but were in fact promoting hate towards someone's race. And I think we can have similar laws here in New South Wales. So is that we can stop it before it happens now? I can't promise, No political leader can promise, and then to sit an end sorry to anti Semitic attacks. Unfortunately, there's some terrible, terrible people in our community. But what I can do is say that we will put all of our resources as well as changes to the law to keep the community safe, so that you're.
Speaker 2: Just announcing this now that you're going to look at this tough new laws on hate spitch.
Speaker 6: That as well as changes to protest laws out the front of religious institutions. I don't think it's reasonable if we are serious about freedom of religion and freedom of association, to have somebody villify it for going into or example, the Great Synagogue in the middle of Sydney.
Speaker 5: Because of their religion.
Speaker 6: They should be free to do that, free from intimidation, free from hatred. So I've made a decision to introduce legislation to put a zone around all religious institutions so that people who practice their religion can do it in peace.
Speaker 2: Those laws will certainly be welcome and let's hope they make a difference. Look, Peter Dutan says there needs to be mandatory minimum sentences for anti Semitic and terror offenses.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is.
Speaker 2: Something that should be put on the table at the National cabinet. Do you agree this would be a strong deterrent as well well.
Speaker 6: I think tough sentences need to be part of the deterrent here, and I think that when I've spoken to members of the Jewish community, they've made it incredibly clear to me that they're concerned that.
Speaker 5: A soft touch approach has led.
Speaker 6: To an emboldenment when it comes to attacks in our community. Now that can't stand. These are serious offenses. Those who've been charged or arrested with these serious offenses face years in jail if they're convicted, But mandatory minimum sentences are restricted to a very small number of offenses in New South Wales. The one that comes to mind is the murder of a police officer, but terrorism offenses, rape offenses, sexual assault offenses, pedophile offenses, those that are convicted of those chargers face long periods in time, but they're not mandatory minimum sentences. I think my responsibility is to ensure that the police have got resources to affect arrests and when individuals are put.
Speaker 5: Before the courts, that the full force.
Speaker 6: Of the law is applied to them, and I think we can do that under the existing regime. Although I want to make it clear if we need to put in as aggravating factors at sentencing the targeting of anyone, but at the moment we're talking about the Jewish community, that's what we'll do. And secondly, we'll look at offenses that drive this kind of behavior, like, for example, hate speech laws.
Speaker 2: You said before that you regret not strengthening your hate speech laws last year.
Speaker 1: Many of us look back to the Opera House.
Speaker 2: Protests and similar protests around that time as the starting point, and the fact that the federal government, from the Prime Minister down didn't seem to take this issue seriously. They couldn't speak about anti Semitism without also speaking about Islamophobia. November twenty twenty three, Peter dutt And asked the Prime Minister to convene a national cabinet that's only happening now on this issue in twenty twenty five. Do you understand the extreme frustration and anger the Jewish community feels towards the federal government for not taking this issue seriously enough? An how we're in a situation where today a childcare.
Speaker 1: Center has been Firebond.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I can't speak on behalf of the Jewish community in New South Wales but what I can say is that we work very closely with the Prime Minister, and not just at that level, but between state agencies and the Commonwealth agencies, whether they're security agencies, the Federal Police, the New South Wales Police, and where laws need to be changed, that's exactly.
Speaker 5: What we'll do.
Speaker 6: And I want the community to know that that cooperation is essential in combating this kind of outright and clearly escalating anti Semitic acts in our community. But they won't stop there. So look, I can't speak on behalf of the Jewish community in New.
Speaker 2: South I'm telling you that there's a lot of anger towards the federal government, but you would know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, all I can do is focus on my responsibility as the Premier of New South Wales and I just want to say a couple of things. We will work with Anthony Albanesi's government to keep the community safe and we've done that. And secondly, I can understand that the Jewish community in New South Wales is feeling, perhaps perhaps for the first time, a deep, deep worry and concern about their personal safety and security, or even their families' personal safety and security. I mean Alex's former house was targeted, I believe in a targeted attack. I spoke to him not long after it was revealed in the media, and can I tell you that the kind of strength, the clarity and the fact that he refused to be cowed by that attack is truly inspiring. And I think that that kind of sense in the Jewish community is pervasive. I've got no doubt that that community will not be bowed, notwithstanding the real threat that it faces. And I'd like them to know that the vast majority of Australians are on their side. They regard these attacks as completely antithetical to what it means to be Australian and we are with the Jewish community today and every day. New South Wales police will not stop until they arrest the people who are responsible for it.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate and we're grateful for your support and thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 5: Now, Premier, thank Charry.
Speaker 2: So that's New South I was Premier Chris Men's announcing new anti hate speech.
Speaker 1: Laws desperately needed.
Speaker 2: These laws will apply to anyone, including hate preachers or pro palest In activists who sow division and.
Speaker 1: Sprout racist vitriol.
Speaker 2: As the Premiere quite rightly says, violent attacks begin with words, so he is taking action there. Look his comment at the end about the resilience of our Jewish Australian community. It's true, but we shouldn't have to live in fear this terrorism.
Speaker 1: These every couple of days.
Speaker 2: Now it's not even weekly, it's a couple of times a week. These attacks shouldn't be happening, you know, you just think it wasn't that long ago. A couple of years ago, there was no anti Semitism on the streets. This wasn't happening. I can't believe this is the life we're now living. And I hope the strong police action works soon and that we do put an end to this and manage to move past it. All right, My interview with Peter Dutton still coming up on the show. He talks about Donald Trump, the end of woke, and the childcare fire bombing as well. But now let's cross live to Washington for more on this historic Trump inauguration. Sky News correspondent Analie Nielsen joins me. Now, Annalise, what a massive day. Can you talk us through some of the main executive orders that Trump signed on his first day in office?
Speaker 7: Well, he went straight for it, and why wouldn't you sign as many influential executive orders as you can now, because this is the moment when he has the most goodwill, the biggest mandate coming in, having won the popular and the electoral College vote, and really so much support, especially from the business community. It was notable that he had all those tech executives front and center for his swearing in. So he signed in an executive order taking the US out of the Paris Climate Accord. He's signed an executive order declaring that there are two genders. Now, this seems like it might just be something that his critics would call virtue signaling, but there are practical ramifications of that for especially federal government employees and how they go to work, and it can go down to things like on government forms, drop down bars having two gender options. There's also going to be restrictions on how people interact in the military if they identify as trends, and there are additional executive orders on that. He's implemented in an executive order to extend TikTok's lifespan to stave off that coming to a head while he's in his first few days. But that will have to have some kind of agreement to either have American ownership divestiture or it will still be shut down as per the congressional rules. And he's implemented another executive order that's going to make a big difference here in Washington, DC. He's mandating that everyone has to go back to work, no more teleworking, and that's going to be a big impetus for his Department of Government Efficiency, which was supposed to be Elon Musk and for Vek Ramaswamy. They announced yesterday for Vex standing down from that one. And it seems like he'll be running for governor of Ohio, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.
Speaker 2: Looking at Joe Biden in his exit, he sparked outrage with his last minute pardons, both of his family and about Anthony Fauci and others.
Speaker 1: Annalise, Yes, this was unexpected.
Speaker 7: He's already racked up the most executive pardons of any president, and I think he was anticipating Donald Trump coming in and trumping that number anyway. But what he did in the last few moments was extraordinary in not only giving his own relatives his siblings a preemptive pardon, as there was a probe into his brother using influence peddling to make money. He's also given preemptive pardons to Anthony Fauci, the COVID czar from the Donald Trump years. He gave a preemptive pardon to General Millie, who is so instrumental and disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan. And in doing this, what he's actually really set them up.
Speaker 1: For is further.
Speaker 7: Investigation from Congress, because when you have these presidential pardons, it is a power of the president to say you won't be pursued personally.
Speaker 1: But what that means is if.
Speaker 7: You accept it as they have, you can no longer claim the Fifth Amendment right to not testify in your own defense because the premise is that you can no longer be prosecuted, so you don't need that protection. So I would expect Republicans to make full use of that, and we should be having some very confrontational hearings on the matter. They'll still be one to investigate what went wrong after those big policy Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and look the world deserves to know, you know, no more hiding and political protection anymore. Annalie Nilsen, thank you so much for your coverage, not just now but throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Appreciate your time. Now still to come.
Speaker 2: Well we're already we know Albanese's judgment is bad. But wait till you hear who's who he's decided to send to represent Australia at the eightieth Commemoration of the Liberation of Aschwitz.
Speaker 1: It is astounding.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about that with Bronwyn Bishop and Holly Hughes next, plus my exclusive interview with Peter Dutton coming up. We discuss Albanese's stunning backflip on the National Cabinet meeting and Trump's return to power. Peter Dutton predicts the age of woke is over. That interview coming up, Welcome back, Well, lots more analysis to come. I'm going to ask my panel in a minute if they agree with Trump's executive order to return to two genders. But first I want to tell you about what the Albaneze government has done. They plan to send Senator Sue Lines to represent Australia at the event commemorating the eightieth Liberation of Auschwitz that's early next week. This is despite her hostile anti Israel history. Now, former Treasurer Josh Friedenberg came out publicly he said to the PM, reconsider this decision. It's a serious error of judgment. He said, you're sending the wrong message with the wrong messenger. Now Albanezi was embarrassed and he scrambled. He dumped Sue Lines as the head of the delegation she might still be going, and he replaced her with Penny.
Speaker 1: Wong Mark Drefus as well.
Speaker 2: So he's sending the most anti Israel foreign minister, who's been pretty weak on anti Semitism, to Auschwitz where a million Jews were murdered. Prime Minister couldn't have worse judgment. Let's bring in now former Speaker of the House Bronwin Bishop and Liberal Senator Holly Hughes Browin.
Speaker 1: What do you think of this?
Speaker 8: The man is so imbued with these anti Israel policies that he has no sense at all what he's doing. The man is a fool, and to insult the memory of those people who are murdered in that way is atrocious. And I just saw that Sir Frank Lowie is going, and I remember seeing an image of Sir Frank Philly recently looking at it again when he was looking at a carriage which his parents were taken to us with Alberanezi has got to be got out of public life in this country. To send Penny Wong as a replacement for the Lions woman who should not be going at all, is just insanity, Holly.
Speaker 9: I mean, soe Lyons has completely I don't know her from the Senate and she doesn't cover herself in glory particularly well there either. But she is well known as being of the rabbit left within the Labor Party. She is incredibly anti Israel, very pro Palestine, one of the ones out they're supporting anra looking, you know, just absolutely the wrong person. And if they had to send one of the officials, so the Speaker or the President, Milton Dick, who Speaker of the House of Representatives is a really strong supporter of Israel, he would have been a much better choice if they had to send one of the presiding officers to go, because I know Scott Ryan went ten years ago for the seventieth anniversaries, so.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Prime Minister could have gone himself. Given King Charles is going, you'd think that King Charles can take the time to go.
Speaker 9: And we know Airbus Albo loves a trip, so here's another opportunity for him to.
Speaker 1: Go and he might learn something.
Speaker 2: We might learn something about anti Semitism and react to all of this differently.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 8: He's been imbued with it since he was a university.
Speaker 2: All right, let's return to Trump's inauguration, and I want to ask you both about some of his most bold executive orders. He's withdrawn from the Paris Timate. A. Cords said, there will only be two genders, a man and a woman.
Speaker 1: Run when you know too much of us.
Speaker 2: To many of us, it's kind of a relief to hear someone speak in such a rational way.
Speaker 1: You know, who needs many, many, many genders.
Speaker 8: When we don't. And now he's settled it. But the most important thing for me was withdrawing from the Paris Accord.
Speaker 1: The whole question of energy.
Speaker 8: He made a statement literally today that he was going to use all the energy resources available in America to make America rich and powerful, and we are denying ourselves the ability to do that. You cannot be a rich, powerful nation in this world today without cheap energy and lots of it, because more and more development like AI is going to take more and more energy to create those data centers. So we have in that bumbling Bowen person is just a fool of a man. Yet another one of his plans to have offshore when mills has fallen over. Thank goodness, but it is just so simple that we have been indowbt with such treasures.
Speaker 1: Of gas, of coal.
Speaker 8: We've still got oil we don't look for anymore, and nuclear. So we have the opportunity to give us back what used to be our only competitive advantage, which was cheap electricity, because we had a high wage structure, a high unionized workforce at the time. And what this government has done is decimate those advantages for us. So, thank goodness, Trump has done it, and it will it will come down here because it will affect world investment.
Speaker 2: I think one of the great things, Holly, is that often politicians are looking ahead to their next term or the next job.
Speaker 1: Trump is run again. This is it.
Speaker 2: So he's got a strong mandate, he's got control of the House of the Senate, so he's just doing whatever he wants.
Speaker 9: And you think how exciting today was. Like you had the inauguration itself, the ceremonial part, but then the fact that he just started signing executive orders, you know, changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico. I mean, you know, I don't even know if we have that power in Australia to just go and do these things. It's quite extraordinary. So what is ahead for the next four years. I think he's going to be really exciting. And I think some of the decisions that he's made getting out of the WHO. I mean, it was only over the weekend I was talking to some people. If there was another pandemic, there's no way Australians would put up with being locked down and locked away and treated like they were during the last COVID pandemic. And I think getting out of the WHO, not buying into this globalist idea, We're going to see more and more of that coming through American sovereignty, the southern border, the work that he's going to do there. And of course he's going to California on Friday, so it'll be interesting to say with the fires there, what his response is and how he deals with those manners in the Californian government and how they've destroyed California.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the preemptive pardon of his family members, Bronman Biden Biden.
Speaker 8: I was truly shocked I mean to make that announcement what minutes before Trump was making his speech, and it's the date. It's twenty and fourteen, eleven years.
Speaker 1: Back there.
Speaker 8: That's when when his son went onto the board in the Ukraine of the guest company. I think it was with no experience in whichever that company was, but to go for the whole family. But also Fauci, Yes, exactly, so angry. Your book was so spot on. It was in the lab without any doubt at all. And it is quite clear to me that pauts She was the one who was pushing gain of function, which is to make it more potent for human beings. That's what he was doing. And hiding the money that he was sending. And for these people to be pardoned in this.
Speaker 9: Group, but it's bizarre, and I don't know, Bro, when you're a lawyer, how can you preemptively pardon someone who hasn't been charged, let alone convicted?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, how does that work.
Speaker 2: We're out of time though, because I've got a Peter Dutton interview coming up next.
Speaker 1: We can't get into that off I take up this time, Holly.
Speaker 2: Here's Robin Bishop, so lovely to see you, as always coming up after the break. Well, ALBINIZI has been dragged, kicking and screaming to this national cabinet more than a year after Dutton called for one.
Speaker 1: We'll hear his thoughts next. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, Peter Dutton could be Australia's next Prime minister. He's pulling ahead of Alban Easy in the polls and let's face it, the PM has been pathetic when it comes to the rise in anti Semitism over the past fifteen months.
Speaker 1: And today we woke up to the.
Speaker 2: Horrific news a childcare center had been firebompt. Well, I sat down with Peter Dutton to speak about all of this and Donald Trump a little while ago.
Speaker 1: Peter Dutton, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 2: Thank surey you first called for a national cabinet in November twenty twenty three. It's now more than a year later and we've seen a childcare center firebont overnight. The Prime Minister finally listened to your demand today. In your view, is Alban Easy in his government partly to blame for the escalating violence that we've seen.
Speaker 10: Sure, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever, and I think it was entirely predictable the last twelve fourteen months because of what we saw on the steps of the Opera House and when you saw the depth of hatred. And we have all known, of course that anty Semitism is lurking just beneath the surface, but I think it was given a face and we saw the depth of some of it on the steps of the Opera House, and that was the trigger, I thought for the Prime Minister to have what I've described as sort of the port Arthur moment that John Howard had to take a terrible circumstance and show the leadership that the nation required. And I think you could reasonably predict what has happened over the course of the last twelve months that is continuing to escalate. But the Prime Minister seems to have either not acknowledged that, not comprehended it, or has just been out of his depth in terms of trying to deal with an issue. And I think the National Cabinet coming together with a meaningful agenda with action items, it would have sent a clear message from the Prime Minister and the premiers and Chief Ministers, to the police ministers and to the police commissioners across the jurisdictions and at a commonwealth level that we have zero tolerance for the anti semitism, the actions on the university campuses, etc. That we're allowed to continue on. Had there been a national cabinet where it had been determined and agreement had been arrived at that the States weren't going to allow that sort of hateful conduct, then we wouldn't have seen the escalation of my judgment and people would have known that there's a consequence for their actions.
Speaker 1: At the moment.
Speaker 2: Every night you go to sleep and you worry what the night holds, what's going to unfold, which institution or home is going to be attacked next. You wake up in the morning terrified at what's happened overnight, scared to look at the news.
Speaker 1: How can we live like this in this country?
Speaker 10: I can't understand the amount of inaction that we've seen from the government in Victoria. The Premier there has just been as weak, frankly as the Prime minister. And I think what makes it most egregious is that people are living with that fear, not because the Prime minister has some greater national security cause in mind, or it's a piece on a chessboard that he's had to play because of the geopolitical circumstances in the region of the world. He's done it for crass political reasons, which I think makes it even more offensive to people, because he's decided to support one segment of the society, of our society and to essentially shun another part of society. I just haven't seen a prime minister do that before. And I think you're right. There are a lot of Australians who are living with the fear that their house is going to be broken into and keys are going to be stolen to take the car, and so people are leaving their keys by the front door or in the kitchen and playing sight And it's just a small example of what the entire Jewish community is living with at the moment, because they're worried they're going to be targeted, not because of their car, but because of their religion or because of the fact that they've got Jewish heritage, and many of whom are talking to a couple of yesterday who've been his sixty years, living peacefully in a suburban and they're the subject of one of these arson attacks, and it's just apporortling.
Speaker 2: I think I know the couple you mean, and that eighty five year old man went out in his pajamas at four am and holding a hose had to try and put out the flames of the touched cars. Eighty five holding the hose at four in the morning. It's unfathomable that this is what Sydney, Australia has come to.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I absolutely agree, and I think we have to have zero tolerance. So we've made announcements in relation to strengthening of the laws that we think would provide a very significant deterrence around mandatory around mandatory sentencing. And if we can do that, then I think we have a much better chance of stamping out the anti Semitism that's now rife in our country.
Speaker 2: So the National Cabinet is meeting almost as we speak. They aren't considering the mandatory sentences that you've put on the table, that you, as a police officer, think would work as a deterrent to criminals looking at taking this sort of violent action. Why do you think mandatory sentences are important?
Speaker 1: You know, I spoke with Chris.
Speaker 2: Men's earlier and he said that those sort of laws were reserved for the most heinous crimes.
Speaker 1: Like murdering a policeman.
Speaker 10: Well, what about murdering an Australian because of their religious affiliation or murdering an Australian because their grandparents were have migrated from Israel or were in the Holocaust. I mean, I don't understand his point. Every Australian life is sacrasanct. And we're talking about terrorist attacks now. This is not a random break and enter into a house to steal money to buy food or buy drugs. People are being targeted.
Speaker 1: This is a wave of terror to message.
Speaker 10: These are terrorist acts. And if there were a series of rolling terrorist attacks in the community, I think the Prime Minister would call a National Cabinet and a National Security Committee meeting in a heartbeat. And yet it's taken him fifteen months to get to this point. Fourteen months to get to this point, and he does it without any fanfare, or he had a press conference with the Premier this morning, made no mention of it and holds it this afternoon. I think just to tick the box to exactly that the National Cabinet meeting should be an opportunity to bring premiers and the police ministers together as well as the Police commissioners and the security agencies to say this is a national crisis and what we're dealing with now is a national crisis and how do we respond most adequately to it. I think the laws are inadequate as they currently stand, which has been said before by some of the Labor politicians. If that's their view, then bring an amendment to the Act and will support it through Parliament in the next fortnight. So unless there is a substantive package that we're not aware of, and I hope that there is that's been considered by the National Cabinet, this is really just a medium management exercised by the Prime Minister and won't provide any comfort or any assurance that we could see a better response to the anti Semitism that is up by seven hundred percent across the country.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump's inauguration obviously has just happened. Do you think if you were to lead the next Australian government you would have a better relationship with President Trump rather than the Urbanese government.
Speaker 10: Look, there's no doubt in my mind. I think the philosophical differences between the Prime Minister and President Trump are obvious. Prime Minister and comfort in his relationship with Jacindra Adurn and Justin Treudeau and other left leaning leaders around the world. That's a reflection of just on the Prime minister's life and his outlook. He's been the leader of the hard left of the Labor Party for decades. What does he have in common with Donald Trump? What common ground could they find in relation two key issues. It's hard to imagine much at all. So there's no doubt in my mind that we can have a very effective relationship and a productive relationship and a respectful relationship mutually with the Trump administration. In a government that I lead, we have people of the caliber of James Patterson, who has very good relationships with key individuals within the Trump administration. Similarly with Andrew Hasty, Angus Taylor, myself and I dealt with the Trump administration mark one, with the Trump forty five administrations. So I feel very confident in the relationship that we could quickly build, and I think it would be to our country's benefit that we're able to leverage off that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you dealt with the administration on national security matters of course.
Speaker 1: All right, Peter Dutton, really appreciate your time. Thank you so much, well, thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you all right. I also spoke with Peter Dutton about whether he'd pull out of the Paris Climate Acords like Trump, about what he thinks about the woke agenda coming to an end. All of that is going to be on the Sky News website in about fifteen twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: We couldn't fit it all in here, and more to come after the break.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's cross live to Israel now and bring in October seven. Hero Nimrod, Powermack Nimrod. Great to see you again. Look what's been the reaction in Israel to the Palestinian criminals who've been released in exchange for the return of three hostages.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Sherry for having me. It's good to be here. Listen. I think the sentiment is really complicated. On the one hand, we all wanted to see our sisters and brothers getting out from the hell of Hamas dungeons and tunnels, and we couldn't imagine a better result of the city's three girls leaving these tunnels. On the other hand, we all understand these are not just prisoners. This is convicted terrorists that killed many lives and now it's us to deal with. But I completely trust the IDF to be able to deal with any one of them that would choose the path of tell.
Speaker 2: Again, I mean, we know that Sinoa was one of those released in the previous hostage deal for Gillard Charlotte, So there is this concern again, how do you think IDF will be able to keep track of everyone?
Speaker 11: So the IDEF has its own methodologies of how to count to terror. Eventually, if one of them will choose the path of Telor and we'll choose to reconnect with Tailor ourselves in the West Bank or wherever they will go, it's really really easy for them to do that. But again I'm trust that the IDEA will be able to take care of that. What interestingly the most is to be able to see more and more of our brothers coming back because we all don't know what's the situation there.
Speaker 2: We have no Idea and we hope for another three being released on Saturday. Nimrod, I apologize, it's been a packed show. We'll get you on again. I'll see everyone tomorrow night at eight. And here's Paul Marie