Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 2: You were listening to the Christy Someone try on nov Nate Ryan should know better than to speak to you. And I'm about to go on the mic. I get distracted. That song.
Speaker 3: We like it, Gracie Abrams. Yeah, it's a viral TikTok trend at the moment as well. That last section of the song, Yeah so what happened? And every time I see it reminds me of you because it's just people chaotically running and singing lyrics like I'll show you any it's me.
Speaker 1: We needed to do it with you.
Speaker 2: That's me on every single walk. That is me, except I'm not mouthing the words. I'm singing them out loud. That's Steph kles Smith.
Speaker 1: She's sweet, she is let's do this. Chrissy's cliche.
Speaker 2: Sydney Sweeney love her. I don't know, now, what do you mean? She's just She's sat down and had an interview with Vanity Fair. He's my favorite magazine of all time. I'm a subscriber.
Speaker 1: You still get there like hard copy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I haven't opened it in carry the one three years?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, in this cost of living crisis that could probably go that subscription.
Speaker 2: The reason that I can't open it is because of the cost of living crisis. I've got to afford Pegs Philipps Sourdough somehow. So I'm working instead of reading. Okay, fancy magazine. I like that, but it sits there in the it sits there in the pile of optimism. Anyway, she's done this article. She said a few things that make me go, I don't know about that. I don't know if you want to mine. Okay, So Sidney Sweeney, who I first got to know in White Lotus, Yes, but people have seen her before in Cassie.
Speaker 1: Was her character brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yes, And she was in a she was on a junket recently seemed to be everywhere.
Speaker 1: For anyone but you, for.
Speaker 2: Anyone but you, which was apparently not very good.
Speaker 1: I didn't hate it.
Speaker 2: I didn't hate it either, but I did see some of the I mean, I didn't see it, but I saw the junket. I saw the junket and I thought, oh, that's a lovely couple, and they're obviously acting together.
Speaker 1: Her and Glen Powell.
Speaker 2: Turns out that Glenn Powell and her were not together. It was an act and it was a marketing ploy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't think it's a marketing ployee in the way that you're thinking. I think the rumors and the headlines came first about them potentially being a couple, and then they were like, hey, let's run with this in the interviews.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was a marketing team sitting around a bordering table saying this is how we're going to do the junket. I think she just acknowledged, Yeah, it started to get there.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of speculation, so we ran with it. Yeah that makes sense. All right, fine, okay, I'll allow it sustained great. Next, but this one concerns me. Sydney Sweeney says, Hollywood says it's all about it women empowering other women, but all of it's fake and none of it's happening. She says, this entire industry, all people say is women empower are the women. None of it's happening. All of it's fake, and it's a front for all the other crap that they say behind everyone's back.
Speaker 1: Agreed. I think she's on the money there as well.
Speaker 3: It's like everyone I think everyone thinks we're further forward in a lot of things, but a lot of it is for optics.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I like, so, what do you think? Why is she saying it?
Speaker 2: Then I think maybe she's not very likable really, And what happens is a woman is still a human being. And don't you don't help or mentor or you know, feel empathy for a person just because she's a woman. You need to like that person, you need to understand that person, you need to see potentially in that person. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I'm talking?
Speaker 2: Oh. Now, I see a lot of young wiper snappers, and the ones that I want to pour my knowledge into are the ones that you like, I think are good people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see something.
Speaker 2: And I think maybe the problem here And there's plenty of people in this industry with that sort of personality with Sidney Sweeney that say the same things, and what they're not acknowledging is that no one wants to help you because you're revolting. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I get what you mean. I don't think she's one of them. I want to believe that she's one of the good gals.
Speaker 2: I do I did believe that until I saw all that. That's not right. Okay, No, that's not right. She's got that wrong from somebody that's thirty years older than her. No, okay, that wrong. Let's talk about who's got it right. Delta Gudrum. Yes, she has dropped an announcement. Fans have been waiting for it for years. She's got one concert only to celebrate the momentous day twenty years ago that Mistaken Identity hazard terrible. God, who wasn't she wasn't she playing that piano like a spider?
Speaker 3: And the first single I ever bought that I went to sanity and bought was the lead single from this album, out of the Blue.
Speaker 2: Was that the last time you had a feeling?
Speaker 1: I think it was. It's also really I love.
Speaker 2: Delta, as you know. I love Mistaken Identity, but I'm a born to try girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're just that's just bandwagon jumping. No, what do you mean, because if you really love.
Speaker 3: Delta, you would have followed through with the next album.
Speaker 2: I really only liked Mistaken Identity on that album really, so yeah, remember how.
Speaker 1: Awful this song was with Brian McFadden Almost here.
Speaker 2: You're almost and the Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show. Let's go clicking for the last time today.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's clique.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to talk about. Ariana. They got that's a satisfying name to say it is rickularly, Timnjola just around the corner, by.
Speaker 3: The way, Also shout out to Blackers for sending you a little gift today.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you we had a little fight as much as black as than I can about what the best biscuits are. I saw that because no Lemon Crisp said, no one ever.
Speaker 1: I've never even heard of a Lemon Christ.
Speaker 2: Are you hungry? Or can you?
Speaker 1: I can radio?
Speaker 2: So I was so cynical about this and skeptical. So he to me again on the weekend and I said, all right, I'll do it. I was putting in a Newbery's order for other bits and bobs, and I added in the Lemon.
Speaker 1: Crisp or she's zesty like you can smell her from the packet.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I had.
Speaker 1: Oh am, oh, it's not as sweet as I was.
Speaker 2: Expressing, right, And when I sent him a video message, I said, Tim, but they are the most perfect biscuit because they are both sweet and savory.
Speaker 1: That's what I just I love that.
Speaker 2: They're shape shifting. In fact, I think if you separated that biscuit and got no lemon icing on her, you could put that in a nice French onion dip and it'd be Lovely's. Yeah, it's They're good. And I my mom came over on the weekend and I said, Mum, the lemon crisp. Have you heard of it? She has heard of it.
Speaker 1: There my face, favorite biscuit on your part on your.
Speaker 2: Patty all right. Talking about Arianna Grunde, she I'm not going to see her this Sunday at the premiere. Please please tell me how it goes well.
Speaker 1: I might be at Peggy go I'm yet to decide.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, Oh, I'll be at Peggy Goo because she can't control her slime and I'm on hands and knees pulling it out of the carpet. I've got that sort of Peggy Gooo going on. Anyway, Ariana Grunde has caused it a little, a little cheeky rackus. She has corrected the lyrics of the song popular from the.
Speaker 3: Movie because they shared that video of her singing this today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll teach you the proper boys.
Speaker 2: When you talk to boys, they'll wet your b so you wear shoes.
Speaker 1: To wear, how to fix your.
Speaker 2: Hair, really gymnastics, the strength of it pop. I feel like the first time I heard this song, Lucy Jirak was singing it. Yes, anyway, the movie has done a never before seen clip with the lyrics included, and they've said it the line is proper poise and it's actually plois and around. The Grande has commented on that to correct them.
Speaker 1: You have to though, You've got to get it right.
Speaker 2: You've got to correct lyrics because we're that sort of people.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Charlie XCX is on SNL do They've got some great co hosts.
Speaker 3: They're having a great season SNL again if you'd like to watch it.
Speaker 2: Charlie XCX is the absolute name of the year and she's hosting. She's got the album Brat, which was massive cause to sensation, even just the name of it. Even if you've never heard of her, you would have heard of Brat and the lifestyle that have inspired.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Here is a funny click from the show, a.
Speaker 1: Little teaser trailer. Charlie, We're so excited to hear.
Speaker 2: This week rat totally Okay, I have this like crazy brash bruh. I know, totally, But do you mind if I show you're.
Speaker 1: Sorry over a share? Brah brah?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What oh that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like you're repeating the word right right, right right. I never thought of it like that.
Speaker 2: Why is it funny though? Is it because that's all she said?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think the way she just is funny.
Speaker 3: She's also the new face of my favorite brand, Acne, and she looks unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Why do they use that word acne?
Speaker 3: Because I see I no longer associate it with like skin acne?
Speaker 2: But why why did they?
Speaker 1: It's cool word?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Call them and ask. It's a big question for Thursday. The Christy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 2: For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com. Do you