Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome the late base.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond. Well, what happens when you're trying to sell a house and you discover the former owner long before you, has just become the pope.
Speaker 4: Well you've won the lottery. That's what happens.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that and exactly how a couple are handling it in just a moment. Plus, when we look at the papers, Lydia Thorpe set to return to the Greens.
Speaker 4: That's what the.
Speaker 3: Front page of The Australian is going with tomorrow, and the Career Mail front page details the secret.
Speaker 4: Lives of NRL players. All of that shortly.
Speaker 3: But first, parents are furious that an Adelaide childcare center has advised them preschoolers will be celebrating International Day against Homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. I swear to assume transphobia is a massive problem amongst bigoted, narrow minded toddlers.
Speaker 4: Australiaia left into phobia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are the remay.
Speaker 5: Against homophobia, by phobia, transphobia and into I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what interphobia is.
Speaker 6: Well this that's why they have this day for you, James McPherson, I shouldn't let that fly.
Speaker 3: Clearly, preschool has changed a lot since I was there. Maybe I need to go back learn. Margaret Ives Community Children's Center advised parents this week that on Friday, kids should come to childcare wearing rainbow colors and they would celebrate the gay and transgendered community by, amongst other things, eating fairy bread. The statement released by St Ives Childcare Center read as follows. At Margaret Ives, we work intentionally to challenge gender stereotypes and ensure authentic representation of the many ways people live, love, and form families. Childcare certainly changed a lot since.
Speaker 4: I was there.
Speaker 3: Our goal is to honor the richness of our diverse, cohor and broader community. I would have thought the goal of childcare was to care for children, but there you go.
Speaker 4: We guide children.
Speaker 3: They said to understand and value and calbern Liz, I think that's a key word.
Speaker 4: Value. They're pushing a worldview. What are their values?
Speaker 3: Well, that families can take many forms, whether nuclear, single parents, same sex parents, foster or surrygan parents, blended families. This part's got me curious and beyond I'm not sure what's beyond that long shopping list, Liz. Are they just promoting harmless diversity and inclusion or is something else going on?
Speaker 5: Well, there's absolutely nothing about harmless about diversity and inclusion as we know, the point of this is that they also read these books to children. This has been going on for three years now, and those books include Heather Has Two Mummies, Be Exactly who You Are and a book called Two Homes. These are three and a half year olds these books are read to This is indoctrination, pure and simple, and parents are rightly outraged. Just take your kids out, by the way, because these people aren't going to change. Like I say, this is the third year in a row that they've done this.
Speaker 7: Parents are saying, Wait, isn't.
Speaker 5: It parents' rights to teach children about sex, sexuality, gender, when and where and in whatever manner we choose to teach them. Not if you attend this daycare, they're not.
Speaker 7: Let's play a game.
Speaker 5: If you want to talk to a child that is not your own about sex, sexuality, gender, I get to call you a groomer, plain and simple. That is what we used to call people who wanted to talk to children about sex, sexuality and gender, because what are you grooming this child for?
Speaker 7: Is it a heterosexual lifestyle?
Speaker 5: No, you are telling this time tiny mind. You are introducing into the little cogs in their mind that wait, so boy, girl, that's not a binary thing.
Speaker 7: I thought I knew who I.
Speaker 5: Was, But now you're reading me a book called be exactly who you are, and it's inferring that I might be anything, and so on and so forth. What really gets me about these stories is not just how incredibly overt these people are about indoctrinating your babies. These are so so small still is parents being gun shy of standing up to them. In the article today, we read that one of the parents was saying, oh, quite a few of us parents want to say something, but we're scared of backlash.
Speaker 2: Who cares.
Speaker 5: The innocence of your child is beyond precious, and anything within your power you can do to protect it you are on a bound to do as a parent. Why would you let these indoctrinating flogs have their way with your child's mind? Because, as we know Caleb, children are little sponges. They take it all on board, and once they're exposed to an idea, there's no one raising it.
Speaker 2: Well the shame is.
Speaker 6: Part of the design is to make parents feel like they don't have an option, that they shouldn't say anything because there'll be repercussions for them.
Speaker 2: That's half a point, right right.
Speaker 6: And you know the book you said, what's it called? Be exactly who you are? I mean who you are as a three year old, exactly for goodness sake. I mean, the idea that a child of two, three or four gives two hoots about sexuality or race or any other thing for that matter, is just nonsense. I mean, they go to daycare, they interact with their little mates at daycare.
Speaker 2: They don't care what's going on at home or whether their mum's a lesbian or like.
Speaker 6: The little kids couldn't give a stuff. It doesn't need to be introduced to them. But the idea is, of course, that the earlier you can get someone, the more likely you are to be able to convert them to your ideology. It's the long march through the institutions that the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. And we're going with a hundred sayings that illustrate all of this. And the purpose now, of course, is to get them as young as possible that this day. What do they It's called ida hobbit is, which sounds like what you'd say if you're a character in the Lord of the Rings, I suppose, But it doesn't need to be introduced to little kids like that at all. It doesn't enter their heads. The point is that they are putting it in their heads. You can't tell me there are three year olds running around at daycare who are massively homophobic. They're not even aware that it's a thing, and they shouldn't be made aware that it's a think because it confuses them. Little minds do not have the capacity to deal with these concepts. They don't understand them, and so you start introducing it to them and they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, my gay.
Speaker 6: I mean, they don't know because they're not designed to know this stuff at that age.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of telling statements from the childcare center. They said in the media they're quote passionate about encouraging and nurturing an environment where every child feels safe, scene and celebrated for who they are. Of course, it's ridiculous to think that a three year old needs to be celebrated for being gay or a lesbian or trans it's just a three year old kid, Like you said, Caleb, they're not familiar with those concepts. So when they say they're passionate about encouraging and nurturing an environment in which kids, they're passionate about nurturing an environment, not an environment where kids feel to be who they are, but in an environment where kids learn radical gender theory and different sexuality ideas that some parents may or may not agree with. As you said, if you're going to try to recreate human sexuality in the understanding of gender, you're not going to convince any of us.
Speaker 4: So where do you go.
Speaker 3: You go to preschool and you start right there, and it'll take your twenty or twenty five years. You're allowed to do it, as you said, Liz, by parents who were too scared to raise their voices for fear of repercussions. Then twenty or twenty five years will see the fruit of this.
Speaker 6: And you know what, I'm glad I was born when I was because you know, as a kid, I used to put on this in an old lady. We can get around to pertendo as an old lady, right, And I reckon dead set. If you did stuff like that at a daycare center. Now they'd be pulling your parents aside and saying, oh, you know, have you wondered whether or not to little Caleb is transgender or not? Or if the boy wants to play with Barbie dolls or he puts on a dress in dress ups or something.
Speaker 2: They'd start saying, well, there could.
Speaker 6: Be something going on here and ignore the fact that.
Speaker 2: It's just a little kid, Gloria.
Speaker 3: If they pulled the parents aside, you'd be lucky because people without advice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and me, I was a hardcore tomboy growing up in country Victoria. If someone had come along to me and introduced the idea into my little brain, have.
Speaker 7: You thought about the fact that you might actually be a boy? Genuine and lee.
Speaker 5: I reckon, I would have absolutely been like, well, hang on a minute, you're saying that's possible. I love the motorbikes, I love the bmxa's, I hate playing with barbies. It all makes sense to me, like it is, just you cannot quantify the damage that these people are deliberately doing to other people's children when they've been entrusted with. Just look after them, just make sure they're fed, and you sing the ABC's.
Speaker 6: For crying out and instead of Liz Storra, we'd have Leath Storer, but I think I prefer her as listen.
Speaker 2: She mentions Victoria.
Speaker 6: We'll go over to Victoria for a moment, because of course we know it's the People's Socialist Capital.
Speaker 2: Republic down there. And constantly you've.
Speaker 6: Had all of these statues of Captain Cook for some reason or another, being vandalized on Australia Day. I do this bit all the time. Captain Cook had nothing to do with the first fleet. He was dead nine years before they arrived. He came out and mapped the place. He did not settle it. You are going after the wrong person. But never mind, because they they do keep going after him, specifically statues and monuments to him. And so the Yarra Council in Melbourne now says they're not going to put one of these monuments back because it keeps being attacked and it's just simply too expensive to keep repairing it. It had cost fifteen grand. This happened on Australia Day last year. It was toppled and they put on it to Cook the colony in red spray painter. As you can see there. It had cost fifteen grand to repair apparently, and they've already spent one hundred odd grand over the past twenty five years to maintain it. And so the council says, well, it's not worth putting it back now because it just costs too damn much and the vandals are going to come after it again. So you hand a win to the vandals. You send them the message that you can just go around vandalizing, toppling statues and monuments as well. They just won't be there anymore because you've made too much.
Speaker 2: Of a nuisance of yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, funnily enough, the mayor of the Yarra Council, Stephen Jolly, says he's not giving into the van So he said, I don't think it's a good idea to destroy statues of people from the past, but we simply can't afford it. If we wanted to keep it there permanently, we would probably have to have security guards there and more lighting. I just don't think the locals want that. And sure I understand from a fiscal point of view what you are trying to say, but you can't tell me that this is not a win for the vandals. It's saying you get to decide what we celebrate and commemorate in this country on the basis of an axe and a can of spray paint. And I've made the point before that if you're going after monuments to the history of this country, it's effectively treasonous, right because you are attacking the foundations of this country. And we are now at a point where councils are saying, oh, well, you know.
Speaker 2: It's all too hard.
Speaker 6: We'll just put the thing in storage somewhere, We'll give it to the Captain Cook Society, and it will never be seen in public again.
Speaker 2: It is a win for the vandals.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is open season now saying to vandals, go after every statue and monument you don't like. If you attack it enough and it becomes too costly for us to fix it, we'll simply.
Speaker 2: Take the thing down. That's what they wanted in the first place.
Speaker 3: If you don't have the money to fix it, it's pretty easy to solve that problem.
Speaker 4: You find the person who.
Speaker 3: Vandalized the monument and you invoice them for the repairs.
Speaker 4: At the cost of the repairs. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: In Victoria, they can find a pregnant woman who makes a Facebook post that it's against the government, but they can't find these people who, year after year after year vandalize these Captain Cook statements. For the mayor Steve and Jolly to say we can't afford to fix it, like you, Caleb, I would say you can't afford to not fix it, because to not fix it is to concede that Steve and Jolly the mayor is not running the city of Yarra, but activists are running it. Indeed, I would argue the council themselves are activists because I don't think they're short of fifteen thousand dollars. They say in their report, as well as it being very expensive to fix, the monument had little to no significance. They say that the monument caused contention in the community, and they say that Captain Cook himself was a quote contested figure, all of which goes to show the council have very little interest in finding any money to repair this. They actually would prefer it to be gone. And I think we can expect to see a lot more of this right across the country. Randwick Council here in Sydney took the longest time to decide whether or not they would repair their Captain Cook statue. They've decided to repair it, but they were dilly deallying for a while, thinking, ah, is it worth the cost?
Speaker 4: And I expect this will set a precedent.
Speaker 3: The city of Yarra not repairing it and letting it go will encourage every activist around the country and every activist council will follow their lead and say, you know what, it's just better not to have these things history.
Speaker 5: And if Randwick was tossing up whether to repair it this time, what do you think they're going to do next time? They're going to be like, look, we repaired it last time, it's happened again.
Speaker 7: We've got to call it.
Speaker 5: Quit what I'm a city councilor, though I do sympathize, I don't think it's legitimate in the case of Yarra's here because, like we say, fifteen thousand dollars is.
Speaker 7: A paltry sum.
Speaker 5: Trust me, when you're a city councilor that is pocket change, not even.
Speaker 7: But you've got to weigh up what are rate payers willing to pay for this thing?
Speaker 5: So if it's a larger monument, as in the case of Randwick, the cost is greater. How many times are rate payers willing to be like, yep, keep dipping into our weight. We really really want that monument, We really want that statue, We really want that memorial in our park or wherever it may be situated. And that is where the council does have to come to grips with, Okay, are we going to keep this up year in year out? If they do, it's going to be extremely costly. And if they don't, as you say, kayleb, we simply won't have any of them.
Speaker 3: But the question, though, is not do you want the monument. The question is do you want law and order?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, no, because as you just argued, they don't want the monument. So it is very important because the imperative is on the council and whether they want it or not, that's where the rubber hits the road.
Speaker 7: That's where the buck stops. That's where it gets re erected.
Speaker 5: Fifty times or it gets pushed over twice and they're like, oh, sorry, fifteen thousand dollars can possibly justify that it's got to go. So the political will actually is extremely important.
Speaker 6: It's fifteen grand right, So if we say, well, we're going to have to do it every year. There would be more than fifteen thousand properties in the Yarra Council. So just take one dollar off everyone's rates bill and put it aside to repair the monument. Just say, well, it's budgeted, We've budgeted for that. That's what we have to do. It's one dollar per property to make it saying you just do it, Just.
Speaker 5: Do it, and they don't have it, just do it. So it comes down to is this important to you? Is this a value? Clearly not if you're living in Yarra in the city of Melbourne.
Speaker 7: To an absolutely bizarre story. Now and if you.
Speaker 5: Want to listen up, if you're with Combank, want to be aware of this. They've sent this email out to goodness knows how many thousands, perhaps millions of people with Combank. It seems fairly innocuous at first. It's called know your Customer and they just want to know more details about you. Have a check in the pulsey, see what you're after. You're happy with our service, but read the fine print and you will be absolutely disgusted.
Speaker 7: As was Lewis Christopher.
Speaker 5: He's the founder of a respected property research firm and upon reading this email, it was so invasive. He thought to himself, this has got to be a scam. This cannot be legitimate.
Speaker 7: The questions that they're asking me.
Speaker 5: He calls up the bank and to his utter disgust, he said, this thing's all Wellian. They said, no, no, it's legitimately from us. Particularly, they wanted to know why he had cash, because they knew that he'd made with drawals.
Speaker 7: What are you doing with that cash? Why do you have cash in your home? He says.
Speaker 5: What I have just gone through this morning with CBA is disgusting.
Speaker 7: This is him telling the media about it.
Speaker 5: He said, it's absolutely despicable or welly and stuff driven by Ostrack. Ostrack, for your information, is a financial intelligence agency that should worry you straight off the bat, he said, just out of the blue, the bank sent me the enclosed email and demanded to know one how have I built up my wealth?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 7: Why have I made cash withdrawals? Three? If I am holding cash at home? Why?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 7: Why did I make certain transactions to third parties? He said. I called the bank and it was true.
Speaker 5: They were going to suspend all my account this week if I didn't tell them.
Speaker 7: The answers to the above questions.
Speaker 5: They said Ostrak gave them the authority to do that and get this pull.
Speaker 7: Out from their email.
Speaker 5: This is what they were threatening to do if he didn't answer those questions satisfactorily by end of week.
Speaker 7: This is the email from Combank. They threatened to remove your ability to use.
Speaker 5: And access your account or accounts, remove your ability to use any linked cards, including at ATMs, at point of sales and online, remove your ability to view and access your account or accounts on netbank and the Combank app. And stop any scheduled transactions, direct debits, direct credits or regular payments. This, of course is all part of the push toward digital currency, digital banking.
Speaker 7: Now did anyone vote for this?
Speaker 5: No, baby, But they want you to go digital and they're not asking. Remember just last financial year we saw two hundred bank outlets clothes.
Speaker 7: Here in Australia.
Speaker 5: Over the past five years, we saw six thousand ATMs shut up shop in Australia. That is, in just five years, we saw Australia's one third of bank branches close.
Speaker 7: That's what that equates to, and more than half of Australia's ATMs.
Speaker 5: What is happening, not just this massive breach of privacy, but these people's refusal to understand that cash is still very important to people. But of course the authorities don't like that because they don't know how you're spending your money, when you're spending your money, where you are when you spent that money, or why you've spent that money. They're completely in the dark. They don't like it, and they're clamping down so hard. The bank has no shame sending you an email saying you've made them withdrawals? Where is that cash? What are you doing with it?
Speaker 7: Is it at home? Why is it at home?
Speaker 5: Here was this fellow Lewis Christopher talking to Ross Greenwood this afternoon on Business Now when.
Speaker 8: They went into demanding to know what I'm doing with cash? Have I got cash at home?
Speaker 2: Have you got cash at home?
Speaker 8: Like everybody else has a bit of cash at home? That's right, And then to ask why I've got cash at home? Yes, hang on, and it's such a security risk for me and my family.
Speaker 5: I'm looking after my family. We need cash on hand. I mean, who among us doesn't have some cash on hand in the case of emergencies. We've seen even in recent months, the lines go down. There's full trop shopping trolleys at Woolli's and everywhere else. People are suddenly unable to buy or do any kind of transaction because they don't have cash on hand.
Speaker 3: The Commonwealth Bank Australia have released a statement explaining what's happened.
Speaker 4: Here's their statement.
Speaker 3: They said, we're required to manage our customers accounts in line with the Anti Money Laundering and counter Terrorism Financing Act two thousand and six, which sets out that all banks operating within Australia are required to collect, verify and maintain customer identification information, which Liz raises the question customer identification.
Speaker 4: How does knowing the.
Speaker 3: Amount of cash you've got they know who he is under your mattress he's got from the bank to identify you. How does the bank knowing why you gave money to a particular party help them to identify you. They've gone way beyond their own statement, have they not.
Speaker 6: You'd imagine most blokes if they copped a call from the bank and said what are you doing with all this cash? You'd say, please don't tell the missus, but I mean, for goodness sake, Like Ostrak, the mob that drives all of this, which is a governmental department. They look after all monitor financial track actions. Their remit is to stop money laundering and crime and this sort of thing. Right, But for as long as I can get seventeen calls a day from scammers, and I drive around parts of Sydney with pretty rundown houses with very expensive cars parked out the front of them, presumably not from legitimate business. Why are they going after a legitimate businessman who's been successful. You can't tell me that there are not other things that they should be doing, one hundred other things that should be in line before they start calling up legitimate successful people and saying, you must tell us what you are doing with your money. It's no business of yours what I'm doing with my money. If I want to go and gamble it all the way, I'm well within my rights to do that. We're talking about a legitimate businessman. And yet there are people running around dealing drugs and launching money and whatever all day every day, and as far as I know, they're not having their bank accounts frozen because they keep doing this business. But this bloke who runs a legitimate business is being told NATA you'll get shut down unless you tell us where the money is under your bed.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you think all the.
Speaker 6: Italians and Greeks of Australia are going to be doing tonight. They're going to be absolutely scared out of their skin.
Speaker 2: That the bank's going to come and get them. Well, actually they're probably smarter than the rest of us because they've already got the cash.
Speaker 3: Out out of bed and they'll be okay. Well to news that the Commonwealth Bank are ridiculous. The City of Sydney Council has said, hold my beer, believe get your head around this. They have banned festivals in council owned parks around the Sydney CBD. And you know why they've banned them because of climate change. They've released a statement saying that the Council has noted that climate change is accelerating severe weather events and increased rainfall in the lead up to and during outdoor commercial events has resulted in significant damage to large sections of the parks. In other words, climate change is causing extra rain Sydney. The rain makes the grass wet, people walk on it, it destroys the parks. The solution is to have nobody walking on the grass in Sydney parks for any organized events. A couple of things on this quickly before Chris Mins has a word. I remember Tim Flannery, who advised the government on climate change, saying that Sydney would reach a point where it was just an ongoing drought and the dams would be forever.
Speaker 4: Dry in Sydney. That was climate change.
Speaker 3: Fast forward twenty years and you've got the City of Sydney saying we've got so much rain you can't walk on the grass anymore. That's climate change. Chris Mins says, the whole thing is just a stitch up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think she's made a big mistake here, and these, particularly closer to the city. Open spaces, night markets, noodle markets, places for the community to come together are exactly what big cities should be doing. I don't think it's fair to say that this is just in relation to climate change. It's just a massive stitch up. I think they should be fair income about it if they don't want to have community festivals. Did you just come out and say that?
Speaker 4: But wait, there's more.
Speaker 3: Not everybody is banned from using public parks owned by the city council for major events. There are two groups that are allowed to walk on the grass. Now can you guess which groups these are? I asked a friend earlier today.
Speaker 4: And she got it immediately.
Speaker 3: The gay and lesbian Marti gras. They are allowed to use the parks for their function. And I think it's pronounced Yabin festival. That's a major indigenous festival. They too have been granted an accept Could you imagine if everyone was allowed to use the parks except the gay festival and the indigenous festival, we would all scream discrimination. But when it's not another way around, Oh, that's absolutely fine. I thought the city existed for the citizens, not the citizens for the city.
Speaker 6: You can kind of see how they might justify the indigenous mob being able to because they'd say it to their land anyways, they can do whatever the hell.
Speaker 2: They want to do it.
Speaker 6: But I didn't know that the game lesbian Mardi grad were traditional loaners of the parks of Sydney.
Speaker 2: But I guess you'll.
Speaker 6: Learn something new every day. Maybe if they were called the Mardi Grass it would be.
Speaker 2: A different story.
Speaker 6: But I mean, for goodness, say the idea that you can't have events because it rains too much, I mean we may as well just put a big bloody fence around all of the parks and say no one should ever go in there, because I mean, you know, all the dogs running around and there they'd churning up the dust and people walking around trampling.
Speaker 2: All over the grass. How dare they?
Speaker 6: I mean, look, if this is the problem, right, climate change, I've got the solution. Just stop everyone from breathing, because every time you breathe, the carbon dioxide comes out, and of course it's bad for the environment, it's bad for the world.
Speaker 4: I think the World Economic Forum have already thought of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just cannot believe that they thought they'd be able to get away with this, or maybe they did think they'd be able to get away with this all they just don't care because councils just do ridiculous stuff all the time anyway, and we all just sort of rolling.
Speaker 2: Oh well, they do it.
Speaker 4: In Clover Bore keeps it in both back in so for about one hundred five.
Speaker 6: It's been there for about one hundred and fifty years. I mean, I don't know how old the woman is. She must be nearing two hundred by now. She's been lord near for that damn long. But you know, this is what happens you have major events, it trashes the park. My father is a council gardener in Adelaide. The park that he looks after is used for many months of the year to host the Fringe festival. And the it's not called the Clipsal five hundred anymore, is it. It's just the Adelaide five hundred I think. But you know, many months of the year they have events in there and the park gets trashed and they come through and fix it after it.
Speaker 2: And that is the cost of doing business.
Speaker 4: It's an exciting race for the supercars are on the grass.
Speaker 6: I know it's all the people on the god right, okay, But you know it's just the cost of doing business, right.
Speaker 7: It absolutely is.
Speaker 5: And as I mentioned I mentioned earlier, I was a former city councilor. This is your job, community spaces, community.
Speaker 2: Events, that's your job.
Speaker 7: And Sydney is an international city.
Speaker 5: People coming here from all around the world because we're the ones with the Australian landmarks that everyone's so familiar with. You come here, there's no festivals, there's no nothing except for Mardi Gras, and you're born, which reminds me of that time, during that little.
Speaker 7: Thing called COVID, when all the rules went out the.
Speaker 5: Window, when the Black Lives Matter rallies marched thousands of people, the freedom fighters who tried to hold their rallies, no, no crush the dissenters because COVID. Oh but if it was Black Lives Matter, that was perfectly fine. Apparently COVID just wasn't in play. So now we know certain events, the climate change elements aren't in play either.
Speaker 7: To Donald Trump now, where he's prided.
Speaker 5: Himself in the past and his first term on being a president of peace, and indeed we did have a much more peaceful world while he was in the White House. Well, he's once again earning his stripes as that president of peace. He's currently in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia signing off on a two hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 7: Billion dollar arms deal.
Speaker 5: As officials talk up prospect of ceasefire in Gaza. He's very busy on the job, and one of the first things he did when addressing the Saudis was to pay respect to the incredible empire that they have built.
Speaker 1: And it's crucial for the wider world to note.
Speaker 10: This great transformation has not come from Western intervention, no ice or flying people and beautiful planes giving you lectures on how to live and how to govern your own affairs. The birth of a modern Middle East has been brought by the people of the region themselves, the people that are right here, the people that have lived here all their lives, developing your own sovereign countries, pursuing your own unique visions and charting your own destinies in your own way.
Speaker 1: It's really incredible what you've done.
Speaker 10: And in the end, the so called nation builders wrecked far more nations than they built, and the interventionalists were intervening in complex societies that they did.
Speaker 1: Not even understand themselves.
Speaker 10: They told you how to do it, but they had no idea how to do it themselves. Peace, prosperity, and progress ultimately came not from a radical rejection of your heritage, but rather from embracing your national traditions and embracing that same heritage that you love so dearly.
Speaker 5: Trump strongly condemned the Westerners who have throughout history tried to make Saudi Arabia their own, pillaging all those rich resources, and was crediting you guys have done it yourselves. The neo cons tried, the interventionalists tried. But this isn't an empire built of the West. You guys did it yourself. And he also talked about the prospect peace in the Middle East, even with Iran.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm here today not merely to condemn the past chaos of Iran's leaders, but to offer them a new path, and a much better path toward a far better and more hopeful future.
Speaker 1: As I've shown repeatedly, I am willing to end.
Speaker 10: Past conflicts and forge new partnerships for better and more stable world, even of our differences may be very profound, which obviously.
Speaker 1: They are in the case of Iran.
Speaker 10: I have never believed in having permanent enemies. I am different than a lot of people think. I don't like permanent enemies. Some of the closest friends of the United States of America, nations we fought wars against in generations past, and now they're our friends and our allies. I want to make a deal with Iran. If I can make a deal with Iran, I'll be very happy. If we're going to make your region and the world a safer place.
Speaker 5: The whole speech was absolutely exceptional, and he finished by again promising that he was going to be the president of peace who would broke her as much as he could in the Middle East.
Speaker 10: As President of the United States, my preference.
Speaker 1: Will always be for peace.
Speaker 10: And partnership whenever those outcomes can be achieved.
Speaker 1: Always, it's always going to be that way. Only a fool would think otherwise.
Speaker 7: Only a fool would think otherwise.
Speaker 5: So is there any wonder that the Saudi Prince and all those present gave him a standing ovation when he finally finished, and his tour of the Middle East continues. He's currently in Qatar, and just before that he was lifting sanctions in Syria.
Speaker 7: Check this out.
Speaker 11: After discussing the situation with Crown Prince Muhammad and President Hurdigan of Turkey, I am also ordering the cessation of sanctions against Syria to give them a fresh start.
Speaker 1: It gives them a chance for greatness. The sanctions were really crippling, very powerful.
Speaker 5: What a man, what a president, what a leader of the free world. I absolutely love seeing him in action. He's very genuine and he means business. And as we know, war is never the way forward. And here he is saying, look, even with Iran, I am I want to smoke a piece pipe. I want to offer, as he called it elsewhere in his speech in Olive Branch, we can make this work for both entities.
Speaker 7: And I'm just going to keep doing.
Speaker 5: That all around the Middle East so that we can once again know peace.
Speaker 3: I was in a cafe in Paddington in Brisbane last weekend and got talking to a woman who you can guess who she votes for, but she was going off on Donald Trump, and I said, specifically, what don't you like about Donald Trump? She said all the wars, which I thought, Wow, what has he actually I know that's what she thought, so clearly she's been reading alternative media that is presenting himself as a peacemaker. I just wonder though, whether he's read this right, because he's betting on the fact that money Trump's culture, and I don't necessarily believe that money trump's culture, or more specifically, that many in that region of the world will be more interested in dollars than in warring against Israel. And the war against Israel that we're all trying to solve is it's religiously motivated, and I'm not sure that Trump making financial deals is enough to overcome that religious cultural drive. We've made the same mistake with China. We thought, if we can just bring China into the industrial Revolution and we can get them prospering, then give up their authoritarian ways and they'll join the rest of the free world.
Speaker 4: That was a disaster.
Speaker 3: China have become one of the richest nations on earth with the massive military. So I wish Trump every success, but I'm not so convinced that money will Trump call it.
Speaker 6: But the point is that the deep ethno religious wars that occur in that region will never end. I'm here to say it, they never go, to my point, in some way, they will continue. So you have to make a decision whether you keep intervening in the region, which every time it's happened hasn't worked. I mean, look at Iraq, look at Afghanistan, which of course we didn't let out of there. It didn't work, and now the Taliban has taken the joint back right, so our intervention has never worked. So Donald Trump is simply saying, and I think he's correct to say it, that we can't be the moral.
Speaker 2: Arbiters of the world.
Speaker 6: Of course, we try as the West to exert our influence as much as we can, but every time We've tried to do it militarily.
Speaker 2: It hasn't worked.
Speaker 6: So I'm trying the only other option we have available to us, which is money and diplomacy.
Speaker 2: And with Iran.
Speaker 6: He said, Look, Iran can come to the table. And if Iran doesn't come to the table, I'll do to them what I did to them in my last term as present. I'll cut off all their money. Now, of course, all of that money resumed under Biden.
Speaker 2: And where do you think all of that money ended up?
Speaker 6: And send it up in the hands of the hooties, and send it up in the hands of Hamas et cetera.
Speaker 2: That has fueled the war that has been going on.
Speaker 6: So Trump is simply saying what we have done to this point hasn't worked. I'm going to try something else. If you don't play ball, I'll cut your money off. You know, given everything else hasn't worked, I don't see anything bad in trying to give.
Speaker 5: This a go, trying to buy These are not poor countries you're talking about like this, I've got a China swooping in as they do in the Pacific and try in the Indo Pacific and trying to make all these deals with these impoverished countries whereby it's like, haha, I've got you.
Speaker 7: Now you've got to do what I want. These are incredible empires.
Speaker 5: Saudi Arabia has thirty three million people, Iran has over ninety million people. These are proud nations, homogeneous cultures, incredibly strong in every single sector that you can possibly name. That's what he's doing business with. I think it's incredibly smart. And like you say, Caleb, the other option has it never worked?
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: We'll see if this one does. We'll go to a break when we come back. Look at what's making news tomorrow, including rumors that Lydia Thorpe might want back in with the Greens.
Speaker 4: That's coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the program. Let's have a look at what's making headlines tomorrow. Caleb, you've got the os and Lydia Thorpe is back in the news.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, back in black. It says senior Greens accused Thorpe of middling angling for return good Heaven's exclusive story. He has seen your Greens figures. Believe Lydia Thorpe is using it out. I've spoken Green's first Nation's faction to meddle in the mind of party's policies and upcoming leadership battle, claiming the far Brand defector is aying a return to the Greens to cement her influence in Parliament. But Senator Thorpe, who quit the party in twenty twenty three over her opposition to an Indigenous voice to Parliament, emphatically denied suggestions she was seeking to rejoin the Greens, arguing such claims were being made in an effort to progress personal agendas ahead of the party's vote on a new leader, to be held on Thursday. And so the accusation is that this First Nation's faction or it's not accusations true. They've backed in Marine Ferruki to be leader, and they've been pushing hard for it. And they're saying essentially Lydia Thorpe, even though she's not a member of the Greens anymore, has been a major driver of this campaign to make Ferouk a member of the leader of the Greens. So there's a few people quoted on the front page tomorrow it says from one senior Green source, Lydia wants back into the Greens. There's no secret in that that. Marcus Stewart the First People's Assembly of Victoria co chair says if anyone thinks Senator Thorpe has no influence inside of the Greens, they are getting themselves. And Thorpe herself says I have no interest in or plans to rejoin the Greens. It seems those making these claims are doing so in an attempt to interfere with the Greens leadership selection. It's dirty and petty politicking to channel Gough Whitlam. Well, well, may we say God save the Greens, because nothing will save Lydia Thorpe. I mean, can you imagine if she got back in with the Greens. I don't think even the Greens are that stupid to ever let her back in the park.
Speaker 3: If her ambition is to make Marine Feriki the leader of the Greens, I would wish Lydia Thorpe absolutely every success. That would be the greatest thing that could happen for Australia.
Speaker 4: Marie Fericki leader of the Greens. That would be the end of the show.
Speaker 6: Okay you say that except for the fact that they have the absolute balance of power in the Senate now and so for them, I understand what you say that it will destroy the government whatever, but like the decisions that they could legitimately make over the next three years if she's run in the joint are scary.
Speaker 5: We did say when Bant lost that we shouldn't crow too soon because someone replacing him could be worse. And if we do indeed end up with Marine Farookie at the home of the Greens, which, like Caleb said, has the balance of power in the Senate, we my friends are screwed.
Speaker 3: Susan there would be prime minister three years from now that it would happen.
Speaker 4: Do I think it's a great plan.
Speaker 6: Wishful things and speaking of things that should have won the coalition government. I don't know why they didn't talk about this much during the election campaign. Maybe they thought it, you know, it would just come across as though it were an issue that pandered to rich people. But it's not, and I'll explain why in a minute. Headline is Labour's hidden tramp Charmers seeks unrealized political gains. Superannuans have discovered a hidden trap in Labour's planned unrealized capital gains tax. With a former chairman of Forestry Tasmania and My State Bank, Miles Hampton, saying he faces a hit on recovering value of assets that hooked losses booked losses, sorry before July one, when the tax is to begin. The album easy government is seeking to use its majority election win and the Greens depleted status in Parliament to ram through a new tax on unrealized capital gains, beginning with superannuation funds worth more than three million dollars without indexation. Now, of course, what they're saying now is that if you have assets within your super fund and you're over the three million limit.
Speaker 2: Of course, when Trump brought in all.
Speaker 6: The tariffs, the value of your stocks went down overnight quite significantly. But those stocks are now starting to make their way back up again. So when this tax kicks in on July one, they will call the recovery of your stocks to where they were a capital gain and they will tax you on that.
Speaker 2: Before, of course, you've cashed in the stock.
Speaker 6: And this is the problem with taxing unrealized capital gains. You are taxing something that doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: And so what we're saying is you.
Speaker 6: Can be taxed on the fluctuations of the market, which is exactly what they're going to do, and they'll call that a capital gain even though you've had no capital gain because you haven't cashed in the stock and turned it into money. And they say, this is about people, you know, with three million dollars in their super which is what is at one point eight million people at the moment. But one of the senior bankers at AMP I think it was, did the modeling just a few weeks ago and worked out that a twenty two year old today who stays on the average wage for the rest of their life, will have three million dollars in their super account by the time there's sixty four so before retirement age, simply by staying on the average wage. And of course this tax is not indexed, so within a generation every one will be text on unrealized capital gains in this super.
Speaker 3: You asked at the top, why didn't the coalition make an issue of this in the election campaign, And that question was actually asked during the campaign and they said, well, many of the people with that much money in their super are in inner city seats to your seats, and the issue just hadn't come up. But it's one point eight million people affected. They should have made it an issue.
Speaker 5: That alone would turn votes absolutely, so them saying, oh, the vas majority of those wealthy people in our seats anyway, Yeah, those are the seats that you're trying to get back. Why didn't you talk about it day and night until the polling booths opened? Good grief, just in another obvious win that they didn't even shoot for, to the front page of the Daily Telegraph. Now accused of seventeen break ins in six days. But if your thought he'd be locked up again, think locked up.
Speaker 7: Rather think again. Bailed.
Speaker 5: A teenager hit with a staggering seventeen aggravated breaking enter chargers after an alleged sixty crime spray across Sydney has been released from custody in what has been labeled the state's latest bail fail. Realtigue allegedly committed a string of shop break ins and midnight home invasions with a group of friends in late January, just two weeks after his eighteenth birthday. It is alleged the group stole luxury cars from family homes, including a Mercedes owned by celebrity skin Queen.
Speaker 7: Well, it doesn't really matter who it was owned by. Good Grief.
Speaker 5: This is just again, every time bail laws came up, a come up, I say exactly the same thing. Bail laws in every state and territory I learnt this first semester in law school are just a burning dumpster fire.
Speaker 7: They are absolutely hopeless.
Speaker 5: How on earth did his defendant argue that he wasn't at risk of reoffending after a six day crime spree allegedly allegedly the extent of which is what I just described. You honestly think, oh no, no, he's a good boy. Now, there's no risk to the cause.
Speaker 3: If we want to change this, The problem with this article is we find out the name of the accused, and we've got a photo of the accused.
Speaker 4: That's not the issue here.
Speaker 3: We should have the name of the judge and a photo of the judge who approved bail. Then we'd start to get some change. If you publicly make a show of the people who are making these ridiculous decisions. Let's go the front page of the Gold Coast Bulletin one hundred and ten thousand dollars graffiti spend by city to teenagers are be excited about this. The Gold Coast City Council will spend one hundred and ten grand on getting graffiti art not off Pacific boat away bridges but onto it and buildings, despite opposition from multiple councilors, including one calling it vandalism. We shouldn't be allocating rate payer money to facilitate the vandalism of our public spaces, to which I would say, here here, although Caleb, maybe one person's graffiti is another person's Mona Lisa.
Speaker 2: Oh Rabbish, it's not art. It's a visual assault.
Speaker 6: And this is this is deliberate. It is absolutely deliberate. Read Sir Roger Scrutin's work on esthetics and the purpose of art in the world and why it has been removed.
Speaker 2: It's been removed.
Speaker 6: Good art has been removed to make us miserable, and I tell you what it's doing the job, Rall.
Speaker 3: The drive from Brisbane of the Gold Coast is already miserable enough without having a little bit graffiti.
Speaker 4: As you do it.
Speaker 3: When we come back, a couple trying to sell their home suddenly discover it used to belong to the man who's now the pope, and that changes.
Speaker 4: Everything that's coming up In just a moment.
Speaker 3: Well, a Chicago couple are trying to sell a house and ended up winning the lottery. Paul Radzik and his wife had a practice of buying and selling, buying and selling homes in a bid to get ahead, and they bought a pretty nondescript three bedroom home in Chicago, thinking we'll put it on the market, and I think they put it on salf for two hundred thousand US dollars.
Speaker 4: You can see there. It's not much of a house.
Speaker 3: But they thought we'll sell it and make a small profit. Well, last weekend their real estate agent rang them and said, hey, did you know that house used to belong to a Catholic priest in Chicago called Robert Prevost. They said, no, we've never heard of him. Well have you heard of Pope Leo the fourteenth? Because Robert has just become the Pope? You are trying to sell the home formerly belonging to the now pope, the leader of over a billion Catholics. Well, they immediately had four offers, but they were smart. They took the house straight off the market. And now they're trying to decide whether they will jack the price right up.
Speaker 4: Can you believe this?
Speaker 3: They've been accused of price cow gym people in Chicago. Or if they don't sell it, they're going to convert it into a museum and make a mon that way would either way, they're not selling a house so much as they have won the lottery.
Speaker 6: Why would the fact the Pope lived in there make it any more valuable?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, does it mean.
Speaker 6: That you're going to get a ticket to heaven less if you live in the house?
Speaker 2: What is there actually decayed? Other than to say the Pope used to live in this house?
Speaker 5: Absolutely people pay top dollar for like if they're a movie star used to live here or oh, William Shakespeare one Tata meal here. People play top dollar for that kind of thing throughout the world.
Speaker 2: Wait until I sell my unit Bond used to live here.
Speaker 4: That's called depreciation to go.
Speaker 7: Well, Sydney snow.
Speaker 5: Have you ever imagined that an anonymous Instagram user who calls himself Unwritten Stories has decided to use AI to depict a snowy Sydney and this footage has delighted tens of thousands of people on Instagram. So we thought we'd show it to you tonight and see what you thought.
Speaker 7: No, I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Everyone else can enjoy it.
Speaker 7: I'm not a fan.
Speaker 6: Why's the big man at Luna Park? Got so much white stuff on his face.
Speaker 2: That's all from us.
Speaker 4: Good Night,