Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow. Good evening and welcome to the program. Coming up tonight the great tariff debate. Will they make America great again or just break America's alliances? We'll find out the method in the madness. Plus Trump's staffers take a poke around in the White House and discover Joe Biden's fake over an office and a very special guest laptop from Hell Off the Miranda Devine joins me right here on the program. But first, we are now a little over fifty days into the Trump presidency, mark two, and after a month of absolutely frenetic wins, Donald Trump's enemies are finally starting to lean their shoulders into the job of opposition. Only in typical progressive fashion. They're doing opposing Trump to make things, not to make things better. They're simply having tantrums to try and mess things up up by, for example, torching Tesla charging stations to attack one of the businesses belonging to Elon Musk, who is in charge of the Trump's administration's efforts to cut government waste, as well as by occupying the lobby of Trump Tower to protest the deportation of a Hamas supporting university student who helped lead the illegal occupation of Columbia University, which last year saw on Jewish students harassed and prevented from going to class in the name of a free Palestine, and her protesters issue calls to quote, bring the Intifada home. Charming. Oh, and they're also doing this, and this may be my favorite thing that the Democrats are doing, which they once said was the worst thing in the world that ever could happen. Namely, they're threatening to shut down the US government by not passing a continuing budget resolution. Ooh, yes, the Democrats have been playing chicken all week with this. Here's Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 2: But Republicans chose a partisan path, drafting their continuing resolution without any input, any input from congressional Democrats. Because of that, Republicans do not have the votes in the Senate to invoke cloture on the House.
Speaker 3: We r.
Speaker 1: Democrats for government shutdowns. How funny. Meanwhile, I can remember when old Pocahontas Elizabeth Warren said the government shutdowns were bad and continuing resolutions to keep the money flowing should be passed.
Speaker 4: The least we can do.
Speaker 5: The bare minimum that we can do would be to pass a continuing resolution to keep the doors open and the lights on.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: But you see there's a crucial difference. That footage is back from twenty thirteen when Barack Obama, a Democrat, was in power. Well, we're at it. Here's Democrats under Jack read another now, all in favor of shutting down the US government.
Speaker 6: Government shutdown at any duration would harm hardworking Americans and our economy. Shutdowns cost tax pays billions of dollars per week.
Speaker 1: They coused businesses money.
Speaker 6: They could even cause a downgrade to the nation's credit rating.
Speaker 1: Again, that was back in twenty twenty three, when, of course Joe Biden, hey has anyone heard from that guy recently? Was still the president. Well, the Dems took it all the way to the wall here. But incredibly, and against all predictions, Chuck Schumer tonight flagged Democrats that he would vote for the Republican bill to avoid a government shutdown. It was a rare moment of sense, and perhaps it was driven by the fact that Trump's head of the Office of Management and Budget would have then been in charge of what got shut down and what didn't, and they didn't want that. But broadly, I think it's becoming clear what is going on here. The left in the United States is doing what they always do when they're losing. They are going for a strategy of maximum chaos, you know, crash out the government, occupy buildings, torch enemy businesses, and you know what. In a lot of ways, it's sort of a replay of the last Trump administration, when the strategy was again to use the death of George Floyd to create racial chaos across the country, with Black Lives Matter and Antifa torching downtowns from coast to coast. And the Trump administration at that point was also of course held hostage by bogus law fare and investigations, and of course let's not forget that the left also had the pandemic response to play with. And of course, five years on, we know how bogus and political so much of that turned out to be. So the big issue, not just in the US and around the world have rounded on tariffs now and a general experts that the rest of the world stopped free riding, particularly when it comes to defense on Uncle Sam's credit card. Let's have a listen to what Trump had to say about all this a few hours ago, and then I think we need to talk about why he's going down this particular path.
Speaker 7: We've been ripped off for years, and we're not going to be ripped off anymore now.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to bend at all.
Speaker 7: Aluminum or steel or cars, We're not going to bend. We've been ripped off as a country for many, many years. We've been subjected to costs that we shouldn't be subjected to.
Speaker 1: And it's not just trade, it is also defense, particularly when it comes to NATO.
Speaker 7: When I first went to NATO, my first meeting, I noticed that very few people were paying, and if they were, they weren't paying their fair share. There were only seven countries that were paying what they were supposed to be paying, which was yeah, I could be if it was, but there were just very few countries that were paying. And even the paying it was at two percent, which is too low. It should be higher, it should be quite a bit higher. But get Poland, and I remember Poland was actually paying a little bit more than there was a US to which was very impressed with. And they've been actually terrific in some of the others, but most of them weren't paying, or they were paying very little, and I didn't think it was appropriate to bring it up there, but I said, it's going to be brought up at my next meeting, and my next meeting. The first meeting, you want to give me a little break. The second meeting it began, and I was able to raise hundreds of billions of dollars. I just said, we're not going to be involved with you if you're not going to pay.
Speaker 1: So listen closely to what Trump is saying. The headlines out there are telling you that Trump wants to break the NATO alliance. But if you listen to what Trump says, he actually just wants European governments, who have bankrupted themselves on social welfare and open borders and can barely field an army. He wants them to muscle up, especially because if Russia is the threat they all say it is, well, why wouldn't they so In short, Trump thinks, yes, the US has been taken advantage of, both by liberal trade policies and by other nations free riding on the American defense budget. But I believe there is something more going on here, something that gets lost in all the noise of the media outrage. In fact, this is not chaos. There is actually a plan, and it may be a plan that a lot of people don't like, but it is a plan. When Donald Trump took the oath of office in January, every light in the economic cockpit would have been flashing red. Sometime this year or maybe next. The interest, the mere interest payments on the US federal debt are going to hit one trillion dollars a year year, one trillion. And this will have come out of a Democrat administration that saw probably ten million illegals stream into the country, screwing down wages and an ongoing decline in manufacturing jobs. To Trump, as businessman, this all was unsustainable. It's a red alert for one thing. He's thinking, how do you pay for all of this debt? How do you pay it off? Tariffs, of course, are one of the only leaders the president has that he can directly pull here. And the thought of burdening the American taxpayer with further higher income taxes, well that's out of the question. But beyond debt, the loss of manufacturing capability. To Donald Trump, that means weakness. Remember it was American industry that won World War Two, and of course the loss of manufacturing also means the loss of dignity for the American worker. This is why his message resonated through all those swing states again in twenty twenty four that had been devastated by official orthodox neoliberal policy when it comes to free trade. And that is why I think that as much as we can deplore tariffs on a country like Australia an Allies stealed an aluminum aluminium, we also have to understand that in the White House they look at Australia as a cautionary tale. I mean, think what happened here. We reformed our tariff situation under Hawk and Kating, we got rid of protectionism, and for a long time the economy thrived. That was great, But then two things happened. We believed that we could change the weather by making energy more expensive, and we opened the doors to cheap labor from overseas, deflating wages while making housing unaffordable. And now it's not unusual to hear the words Australia and Argentina, at least in its premal a form together in the same sentence, for reasons that go beyond they're being close to one another. In an alphabetical list of countries. Green policies the same the Democrats want of the US have made energy too expensive to manufacture and provide manufacturing jobs, while Australians have to work ever harder to make a living and pay the bills. In Harvard University's ranking of Economic Complexity, which compares the complexity of products and services produced by various countries, Australia's ranking has declined from fifty third in nineteen ninety five to one hundred and second in twenty twenty two, sandwiched in between Senegal and Yemen. Now, Donald Trump he wants America to avoid that face fate, and that's why tarifs to protect industry. That's why drill, baby, drill, and that's why he wants strong borders. Now, the left, which is so angry about all of this, thinks working class jobs are icky doing business with China. They hate cheap energy, but they adore the diversity in cheap labor that is brought in by open borders. So go ahead and deplore Trump's tariffs. But don't for a second think that what is going on is quote unquote chaotic. Well, joining me now is someone you will be well familiar with. You know, her from her columns and news breaking in The New York Post, for her books Laptop from Hell and The Big Guy, How a President and his Son sold Out America, as well as for her regular spots on Fox News, and of course for being the woman who broke the Hunter Biden laptop story. Welcome for the first time to the USh Report, my great friend, Brandon Vine. Brandon, Welcome to the program, and I want to start with your latest column of The New York Post where you break through all the nonsense going on around the anti Elon Muskin, anti Doge sentiment. You're right that the public isn't buying the relentlessly anti Musk, anti dose propaganda according to the recent polls, with a CBS you go of poll last week saying that was so positive about them that CNN pollmeister Harry Entin declared it shocking because it showed a majority of Americans support what Doge is doing. Tell us about it.
Speaker 5: Having me, James, Yes, Look, you would think from the relentless media assassination or character assassination at least of Elon Musk, that he was doing something vastly unpopular, and in fact, the polls show that despite the media attacks, what DOGE is doing cutting government spending and Elon Musk himself are still popular with a majority of Americans, a slim majority, but you know, looking at fifty two to fifty three percent in that CBS poll, there was another poll that also showed that Americans were by bigger majorities. I think it was like fifty nine percent thought that it was good to cut this waste and fraud in government. And look, it's not as if Elon Musk is not incredibly transparent. He's set up a Doge website, and you can look on there as I did yesterday and find all manner of sort of waste and just wanton abuse of taxpayers money, millions and millions, tens of millions going to just fraudulent DEI programs. We know about USAID paying for sort of DEI musicals in Ireland and drag Queen story time in a very conservative Catholic countries in South America. You know what the purpose of it was is, we don't really know, but it looks pretty nefarious. This looks like it was a slush for the CIA to affect regime change and sort of soft power in various countries that it was trying to infiltrate, but also it was a slush fund for the Democrats, and yeah, they're pet projects.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think, you know, we're seeing them so angry about this because if you look at the screen, I've showed some footage of them in a New York Tesla showroom where they are you know, they've occupied the showroom and they're chanting. And there's been plenty of other things we've seen where they've burned Tesla charging stations, burned dealerships, that sort of thing. Now I've heard that a Democrat fundraising group called Act Blue, and maybe even George Soros have some ties here. What can you tell us about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well Act Blue before the election, that was the main fundraising sort of cutout or flow through for small figure donations to Kamala Harris. And it turns out that a lot of those small donations were fraudulent. It looks like money laundering where you have someone who gives a lot of money and then it gets parceled out to these straw donors. And the Republicans had an inquiry into that, and just since the election, we've had I think seven senior executives at Act Blue have resigned because the spotlight is shining on their activities and this is against the law. You can't be circumventing US electoral law by parceling up large sums of money into fake, tiny sums of money. But that seems to be what they were doing. That investigation is still in its infancy, but I think it did enough to crimp Camelo's style a little bit during the election campaign, not that it stopped her wasting fast sums of stupid billionaire do money like Reid Hoffmann.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I want to shift gears here, Rand and talk too about the other big story here this week, and that is tariffs, which are making huge news here in Australia as well. Child Trump has confirmed and Carolyn Levitt has confirmed that the White House will not be granting exemptions to countries, saying that if they want to be exempted, they should consider moving steel manufacturing here. Well, Australia already does have some steel manufacturing in the US through Blue Scope. But what is the logic here of the tariffs? Does Trump think he can bring back manufacturing through these or is this really about a new way to raise money to pay off the monstrous debt that sees America heading for a fiscal cliff or is it a combination of both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's maybe even a three or four prong strategy. He does love tariffs, but he uses them as a sort of a weapon and a bargaining tool, and he also sees I think quite rightly he talks about reciprocal tariffs. He wants to threaten countries that tariff America with their own tariffs reciprocal payback tariffs, with the aim that both sides actually drop their tariffs all together. And so that's why you have you know, otherwise sort of blue blood free traders like Steven Moore actually saying, well, you know, there may be method in the president's madness. And certainly, you know, I mean, the stock market has had a couple of bad weeks and a lot of people are looking at their retirement funds and cringing and getting upset and starting to go wobbly on Donald Trump. But I just think that he you know, he showed during his first term that he was willing to do unorthodox things, including with the economy, and it worked really well. So he's been in office for less than two months, you know, I think Americans should give him the benefit of the doubt. As for Australia, I mean, I think it's really unfortunate. Donald Trump has said to me, unbidden by any sort of questions from me, that Australia is unusual among all the countries of the world because it doesn't have a trade deficit with the US, and so by rights it should have been granted some sort of exemptions under his reciprocal tariff sort of mindset, and certainly in his first term with Joe Hockey as the ambassador, who was very well embedded with the Trump camp. And I think a lot of people don't know, but during that sort of summer of love in twenty twenty especially, I say that sarcastically when the riots were happening, but also earlier than that, when DC Washington, DC became a very hostile environment for anybody from the Trump administration. They'd be spat on in restaurants.
Speaker 8: Would refuse to serve them, etc.
Speaker 5: Joe Hockey opened up the Australian Embassy, which is a beautiful a sort of a state with the only grass tennis court in town. It has a swimming pool, the huge terrorists where he likes to have Ossie style barbecues and he was a very generous host during that time. When I said generous, and I don't think he was wasting Australian taxpayer money.
Speaker 8: It was just.
Speaker 5: Sausages and things. But certainly with his time he invited these people there, and I think he also played golf with Donald Trump, so he really ingratiated himself and I think that went a long way to Australia getting exemptions. Malcolm Turnbull also, I know a lot of Sky viewers don't like him, but I think he was very sure flooded with Trump when he came. I went with him on that trip to meet Trump for the first time when he was Prime Minister. So between the two of them, they pretty much wrangled the Trump administration into a positive view with a very obvious sort of diplomacy effort. Whereas now when you've got Alban Easy and Kevin they're just about invisible, and they're also haunted by their previous negative criticism about Donald Trump, really rancid criticism. So I'm not sure that Australia is really being well served now.
Speaker 1: Miranda, I've got to show you some hilarious footage that has been revealed of the fake Oval office that President Biden used during his term, the stage set up in an auditorium in the Eisenhower Executive Office building. Well, it basically confirms everything we kind of thought about what was going on about Joe Biden and that he was fine. Meanwhile, his whole presidency was basically shot in this kind of Truman Show movie stoedio. What do you make of it?
Speaker 5: Yes, well, look, we knew that that was a fake Oval office, and I guess now that we've been or some reporters have been allowed to go and check it out, it's pretty clear why it was like that, because it was a sort of an easy set with a huge teleprompter that Joe Biden could squint at and try to read. I guess that was the reason for it. You know, his whole his entire first election campaign and then his presidency was like the Truman Show. It was fake. Although I noticed lately people are sort of letting him off the hook and saying, oh, you know, he signed everything with an auto pen, so obviously his staff were really running the country. I don't think that's correct, And I've spoken to people who were in meetings with him and just observed him. He had good days and he had bad days. He had good hours and he had bad hours. But he was well and truly running the agenda when he had his sort of cognitive periods when he was sort of full steam ahead maybe or half a steam ahead, sort of vaguely compassmentus. And you know, you could see him when he was I mean, he did the State of the Union, he did a few press conferences.
Speaker 1: When he was on.
Speaker 5: He was the old Joe Biden, who was just a really repellent character, very dishonest, corrupt, and just a pathological liar and really a malevolent character who demonized the other side. He didn't just treat his political opponents as opponents, He really viciously hated them and tried to sick half the country into hating them. And he really was a very divisive president. So I think he was fully aware of what he was doing. He was fully aware that he was pardoning Hunter Biden and his whole family and a whole bunch of really rancid killers. And he was also know being listened. He was listened to by his generals, by his cabinet members. You know, for instance, with the pull out from Afghanistan that was such a disaster. He was the one running the show there. They listened to him with disastrous consequences.
Speaker 1: And Mariana, finally, before I let you go, I've got to ask you about the story that Hunter Biden is out of money and he can't continue when he was laptop related lawsuits. Very quickly, he just tell us a quick summary of what's happened here to Hunter whose laptop story, of course, you brought to the world. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, Hunter Biden, now that his father's out of office, is crying poor. He's been suing everybody. Willie Nilly in one of his lawsuits against Marco Polo and Garrett Zigler, he wants to drop because he says, he just no one's buying his paintings anymore, and no one's buying his book anymore. And he puts that down to defamation against him. How no one thinks that he's a great guy anymore, completely failing to understand that now that his father's out of office, he actually doesn't have any influence to pedal. And so I think he's heading off to South Africa, the homeland of his new bride, Newish bride for about three months to hide out. He was supposed to do a deposition this week, and we'll see what the judge has to say about whether he can get away with not paying a couple of hundred thousand dollars in legal bills that he wants to get out of because he's so much. He also claimed that he's that he was affected by the fires, the wildfires in Los Angeles. He lives in a rental that was untouched by the fire, So that's another sort of hunter by tooltail.
Speaker 1: Brandy, you gotta love the hunter Biden. And I don't know why anybody doesn't want to buy his finger paintings anymore. Who knows anyway, Brandon A Vine, thank you so much for joining me on the US Report. Well don't go anywhere because after the break, we've got former Trump advisor Christian Witten and he's going to talk a lot more about what's going on behind the scenes of the new Trump White House. But first, this is absolutely hilarious to me. You know how celebrities always threatened to leave the United States whenever a Republican wins the the White House, Well we finally found one who's followed through on it. Rosie o'donald. Yes, that's right. The comedian, if that's not too generous a word here, has skipped town to get out from under the thumb of MAGA. Have a listen to what happened when a reporter at the White House failed up the Irish PM, who was in town for talks with Donald Trump about his country's newest resident.
Speaker 2: Why in the world would you let Rosie o'donnald move to our le Just go a lower your happiness, love, thank you?
Speaker 9: I like that question.
Speaker 7: Do you know who she is?
Speaker 8: You better?
Speaker 7: You better not.
Speaker 1: Tell you what If the Irish PM didn't know who Rosie was before, he sure will soon, just in time for Saint Patrick's Day, Faith and mcgora. A lots more US report coming up, including more of just what's going on with those tariffs. In a tick, welcome back to the program. Christian Witten joins me in a moment, but before I bring him in, I wanted to cover off on something that we didn't have time to talk about last week and which no one else has really picked up on. And I know it is really early, really early to be thinking about the twenty twenty eight presidential election, but I also think We need to be alive to moves that are already happening because they are going to shape not just that race, but the next four years. And here's my advice. Keep an eye on California Governor Gavin Newsom. I mean a close eye, a close eye, like he was hanging around your cutlery drawer waiting for you to go to the bathroom. That's how close you need to watch him. And here's why I say this. Gavin Newsom has started a podcast. Okay, fine, but guess what he's inviting on conservatives with who he is sometimes yes, agreeing, we're giving ground to take a look at this. Here's a little bit of Gavin Newsom talking to MAGA influencer Charlie Kirk about the issue of transgender competitors in women's sport.
Speaker 10: It's like, you right now should come out and be like, you know what, the young man who's about to win the state championship in the long jump in female sports, that that shouldn't happen. You as the governor should step out and say.
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 10: And I appreciate and like, would you do something like that, would you say no men in female sports?
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's an issue of fairness.
Speaker 6: I completely agree with you on that it is an issue affair, So it's deeply you.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting? Because of course, transgender participation in sports was one of those eighty twenty issues where the Democrats lost big time to Trump. And here's a little bit of Newsom walking away from the term LATINX, the LATINX stuff that.
Speaker 5: By the way, now, one person ever in my office has ever used the word LATINX.
Speaker 1: So can we finally put that to bad?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But where did that even know? More LATINX?
Speaker 8: Everybody well just didn't even know where it came from. And like, what are people talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, look, he literally set it himself plenty of times previously. But who cares. You can see what he's doing here. He's walking away from all these woke positions. That's because Newsome is a slippery character. And don't be surprised if he keeps doing this to triangulate against the most radical elements of his party to set himself up as a sensible centrist ready to take on whomever Donald Trump appoints as his successor in twenty twenty eight. You heard it here first. Well, I'm thrown now to be joined by former Donald Trump senior advisor Christian Witten. Christian, thanks so much for coming back on the US report. Hey, somebody else we do hear a lot about. Is Tom Homan? The borders are who's been doing I think a pretty good job about keeping the border secure to the point now where we have seen the crossings across a Darien gap, which is one of the ways that people come up into the United States. Good to basically zero. But at the same time, some people aren't agreeing with him. Have a look at Tom Holman slamming the governor of New York, Kathy Hokele.
Speaker 11: Here, let's talk about your governor. Your governor who stayed on national TV after NYPD were assaulted by illegal and gang members. You had a woman burned alive by Illiguanta subway. Your governor stands in national TIEV. I think criminal alien should be deported. What's one of the first things she'd do? She goes on New York City and tires to fire the mayor who wants to help me find public safety threats.
Speaker 1: Christian, this was one of the big issues that Donald Trump won on, and I love Tom Holman's passion. What do you think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's great. I think that people will react to it. Well, he's great as sort of you know, a new not top cop. I don't know who America's top cop is, but we've had this sort of absence of a law and order figure and he's really feeling it, I think quite well. And he has a really easy opposition because Hockle is clueless on this. You know, Donald Trump was basically run out of of New York. They prosecuted him there on a bunch of phony, blooney things.
Speaker 8: He became a.
Speaker 4: Resident of Florida, he could just say via condos, enjoy the urban decay.
Speaker 8: But he is still in New Yorker.
Speaker 4: He was born there, born in Queens, and he really wants to help the city. It is America's financial capital. And you know, against the will essentially of the governor, who is clueless. But you have a mayor of New York City, you actually should be more liberal than the governor who saying, yeah, we could use federal help in getting these illegal immigrants criminals under control. And so that's what's happening, and he's cooperating. I Hoka would be very smart just to go along with it.
Speaker 8: Because New York.
Speaker 4: I don't think he'll ever be a Republican state, but it's not going to be as left as it was.
Speaker 8: If Trump succeeds in controlling crime.
Speaker 1: Well, I take you right, Christian and knowing New York very well as I do, and that pledge he made to make the cities great and the city's clean, the city is safe again, I think this is a big part of it. Hey, before I let you go, I want to have a little chat here about tariffs.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We spoke about them earlier in the show, and there's been a lot of national negative reaction to them, particularly here in Australia, but I want to find out what's going on in the United States. How are Americans feeling about the Donald Trump plan to put tariffs on imported goods steel and aluminium in particular. But now it looks like there's a trade war kicking off of the EU and even champagne could be more expensive.
Speaker 8: That's right again, these are sort of good opponents to have.
Speaker 4: As your previous guest mentioned, Australia actually as a trade deficit with the United States, so I don't think Trump is particularly interested in putting tariffs on Australia.
Speaker 8: And also just the Pacific defense angle.
Speaker 4: But you know Europe, I think he's disappointed with them over Ukraine over there free loading, over their unfair tariffs on US farmers, the French easy targets. So the EU put a tariff on American made whiskey, slapping back with the two hundred percent tariff on French made wine, actually wine made anywhere in the EU.
Speaker 8: I'll bet they buckle.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the French and the Italians are going to go screaming to Brussels and say we have to give and we have to do something. So so far the terriff haven't affected people's lives. They've just been a very useful tool to get Canada and Mexico and other governments like that to pay attention to Trump on illegal immigration in fence.
Speaker 8: And all the stock market's dropping.
Speaker 4: Voters don't actually blame the president for short term fluctuations in the market if long term there is a spike in prices, but I don't think we're really going to see that happen. There is the question of how often Trump can threaten tariffs and then sort of when the other country backs down back away. I think eventually he does want higher systemic tariffs.
Speaker 8: On Mexico in the EU, but we'll have to wait and see about that.
Speaker 1: Well, can you just give us maybe a little bit of insight before you go here into what the thinking is, because you know, if Trump keeps hitting that tariff button as you suggest, it will become less effective and it will also cause a lot of uncertainty in the markets. We're heading into a period of great global instability. You know. We know the United States wants to pivot to China. Is there a danger though, that he winds up alienating economically and diplomatically countries that he wants on their side as he pivots towards the specific and towards this you know, contest with China, which he does see as a real peer competitor to the United States.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that's come up so far. You know, the problem is Europe is pretty much useless against China. I'm sure they'll sort of rhetorically be on our side if we had to fight. In contrast to Australia, which has fought with United States in every war since World War Two, even the sort of unfortunate ones. You've always been there, and I same with you know other countries that would be affected with steeling aluminum tariffs across the board.
Speaker 8: Like India, Brazil, China.
Speaker 4: Obviously China's You know, we're not going to be upset if they're upset. Trump is determined to bring back some manufacturing. It doesn't mean we want to go back to in nineteen seventies or sixties economy.
Speaker 8: We have shifted to.
Speaker 4: Largely as service is focused and heavily financialized economy. But twisting the needleback somewhat, you know some of the things that Vice President Vance wrote in.
Speaker 8: His book Hillbilly Elegy about the.
Speaker 4: Decline of manufacturing and the psychological impact.
Speaker 8: Trump really does believe that tariff's.
Speaker 1: And I do too.
Speaker 4: And if you look at American history, there were times when tariffs were too high, like Undersmooth Holly during the Depression, But from when George Washington was president through most of our history and tariffs were higher than they are now.
Speaker 1: Well, exactly right. I always tell people go back and read about William McKinley. He was a tariff guy. Anyway, Christian Witten, thank you so much for your time. Meanwhile, I think we've had enough dub and gloom and tariff talk. How about a little good news. Remember way back in twenty twenty when Black Lives Matter and Antifa held a three day insurrection outside the White House and were rewarded with this bit of street art, which became known as Black Lives Matter Plaza in Washington, d C. Well, guess what that's all over now, Black Lives Matter Plaza is gone. Check out this footage. Oh and by the way, after Trump threatened to withhold funding to the Washington DC City government, they've also start started cleaning up homeless encampments. Having been to the US capital a number of times in recent years, I can tell you that is a sort of cleaning up Washington really needs stick around, because we've got Brianna Liveman after the break. Hey, welcome back to the program. Well, joining me now is Brianna Liveman, elections correspondent for the Federalist. Brianna, thanks so much. Coming on the US report. I want to start with some stunning revelations. And I mean this seems like something out of a movie. But apparently our friends at the US Agency for International Development, which is of course that group that's been putting all of that money into aid organizations and foreign AID, but also into opposition newspapers in friendly countries and doing all sorts of things like funding you know, I don't know, transgender basket weaving, gabond and things like that. Well, they've been instructing employees to shred and even burn classified documents. Tell us about this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is very interesting. The New York Times day pretty thorough a report on this. But apparently workers are being instructed to, like you said, shred and burn classified documents, and there are efforts to stop them because some people are saying, well, what are those documents?
Speaker 3: What's being contained in the documents?
Speaker 12: And I think the larger point here is we have spent the past few years, or I should say the left has spent the past few years going after Donald Trump for classified documents, right, that was the biggest scandal, And now you have people who are burning classified documents allegedly.
Speaker 3: It makes people say, what is on those documents?
Speaker 12: And why don't you want the American people to know what's being burned?
Speaker 3: Or why are you hiding this information?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you suspect might be in some of these documents? Because I think some of the most interesting things that USAID might have been up to involve, you know, political and interference. Not just far and aid like giving out vaccines or AIDS medication and things like that, but going out and funding opposition newspapers, funding opposition parties, and interfering in democracies that we're supposedly friends with.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, the United States does have a pretty long history of interfering in other countries' elections their political business. And I think for most Americans who are actually welcoming this idea of slashing us AID and all this international funding, we are only more resolute in our position when we hear that these documents are being burned, because if they were on the up and up, if USAID was doing what it's supposed to be doing and it wasn't being nefarious, they would have no reason to hide anything or to burn or shred things. So this only bolsters Donald Trump's efforts to downsize the federal government and to stop wasteful spending.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nebran, I want to move on to another story that's been breaking in the last couple of days. I spoke a little bit earlier about this with Brandon de Vine, but I want to get your take on it. There's an auto pen which is a thing that basically automatically signs documents, and apparently the Conservative Heritage Foundation has found that dozens and dozens of executive orders and other documents signed by former President Joe Biden were actually authorized with identical autopen signatures, including things that were signed when he was apparently off on vacation, which he was for about two thirds of his presidency. Does this raise any questions to you about who was in charge during the Biden presidency?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely.
Speaker 12: You know, we have seen from reporting Wall Street Journal, New York Times that there was essentially the secret cohort of people who were running the Biden administration. Joe Biden was delegating authority to non elected officials.
Speaker 3: He was not doing the duties he was elected to do.
Speaker 12: And when we talk about this autopen, he who controls the pen clearly controls the entire country. And it's one thing for a president to use an autopen here or there, but to have a pattern of using it for numerous documents, including numerous pardons. It makes you wonder why was Joe Biden unable to do that? And of course we know the answer. This man was incognitive. There's a good chance he didn't know what was being put in front of him. He probably didn't even know that something was in front of him. They probably never gave it to him, right, But there has to be some serious accountability. We cannot let democrats fall to the wayside when they had four years of unelected bureaucrats running this country, and we're supposed to say that's okay.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of unelected bureaucrats, let's move over to our friends at the Environmental Protection Agency, the ultimate sort of unelected bureaucracy running people's lives, where new boss Lee Zelden has signaled the most consequential day of deregulation in American history after the agency announced that it is going to roll back a series of environmental regulations, including rules on pollution, col fire, power plants, climate change, but most notably, electric vehicles. Is the ev Mandate dead in America? Brionna Lyman?
Speaker 3: It should be.
Speaker 12: And you know, every time I see Lee Zelden do things like this, I'm always a little bit hurt. He was almost our gu in New York and he would have done a terrific job here. But when people like to talk about climate change, they don't understand that first and foremost Americans' actions on climate change really are a drop in the bucket because China is responsible for a third of the world's emissions, right carbon emissions, And so even if we take all the most extreme measures at the left wants, it is being offset by China, by India, by countries who do not follow the same sets that we do. So why should we burden American manufacturers and Americans who just you know, want to run a certain amount of water from their showerhead or when they flush their toilet when that's not actually making real change. And I trust that lee Zelden is making appropriate cuts where it's needed and leaving in the you know, the things that everybody can kind of come to the same page and agree on.
Speaker 1: And Brianna, I mean, you know, I wish we had a lee Zelden here in Australia because you can't convince people here that our emissions don't make any difference. Loud, they're our power builds are through the roof. But you know, all the subjects of electric vehicles, I see everybody going out, all these lefties going out and torching teslas and protesting against tesla's. Is it funny to you and ironic that these teslas were supposed to be the thing that saved the planet, but now that their owner has gone the other way, well, it kind of reveals to me that really it's not about the environment, it's about control.
Speaker 12: What do you think, absolutely, you know, if if electric vehicles were going to do so much bring so much benefit to our environment, they would not be torching and you know, releasing all these fumes into this country. And I think it's unfortunate what's happening with Tesla because what the left is trying to do is they are trying to normalize political violence and teach Americans that political violence is the same as First Amendment protected free speech and protests because.
Speaker 3: They want to legitimize us.
Speaker 12: They want to desensitize Americans to political violence against Republicans, and it's been part of a very years long effort that they've waged.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right, Breonna Lyman, thank you as always for joining me on the US Report. Now, don't go anywhere, because of course only in America is next. But first, do you remember Rosa Deloro. Sure, she's the eighty two year old California representative who sat through Trump's address to Congress last week looking like a Scooby Doo villain who'd just been unmasked. Anyway, to prove to the world that she's actually more hip than hip replacement, her staff just posted this video hyping her style well convinced me. I guess Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America. Okay, just a warning if you've got any kiddies in the room, this could get a little spooky. Know who am I kidding? It's just played Ridicus. In the following clip, meet an online witch who says that witches spells are no longer working on Trump because he's protected by something called an agrigor, and instead all the witches need to go out and cast their spells against Elon musk instead.
Speaker 9: The witches who practice the craft and are really disappointed that nothing works on the Orange Palpatine because he is protected by an aggrigor. I want to make sure that you know that even though he is protected by an agregar who's never really worked for him anymore if you ask me, but Ilinia Muskrat and the coachboy doesn't have Edrigors and the Palpatinees. Egregor will not protect this attitude. You know what to do now, all right?
Speaker 1: Good see. You know, if Trump's America was really the fascist theocracy they say it is, they'd be burning witches, letting them make dumb TikTok videos in their cars. Go read The Crucible, lady, and you I'll see you next week. Bye bye,