Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight on a special Thanksgiving weekend US Report. It's less than a year to the midterms, and there's a serious threat browing to Donald Trump's Republican majority in the House. Plus why are American welfare dollars supporting a civil war in Somalia? That's all in the name of diversity. Plus jd Vance talks Turkey the bird, not the country. But first, I was hoping to come on air tonight with a bit of a lighter offering for you, you know, Turkey pardons and the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and all that. But instead we need to talk about the downward spiral of violence in the United States being led by a left that is now openly excusing, if not cheering, attacks on anyone who has anything to do with the Trump administration, and which not only that, but also seems held bent on driving the US towards a crisis of legitimacy far worse than anything we saw on January sixth. Now, by now you know the story of the two National Guards members who were gunned down in cold blood in Washington, d C yesterday allegedly by this man, Afghan national Ramanola La Khanwal, who details are emerging, turns out to have worked for the US government, including agencies like the CIA, in his home country of Afghanistan, and was brought into the US by the Abided administration in twenty twenty one during the chaotic withdrawal of American forces from Afghanistan, which, of course we all recall, saw thousands of Afghans let into the US after vetting processes that were, say the least, not great. But more about that in a moment. What is even more about the disturbing case here in which Lockerwall allegedly snuck up on one of the guard members and shot him in the head and then fired several shots at a second guard member before he was overpowered. Has been the reaction of so many in the US to the shootings, because you see to hear them tell it. The victims where National Guard stationed in DC as part of Donald Trump's effort to clean up the nation's capital. Here's how one MSNBC commentator put it, as the news was breaking.
Speaker 3: So much controversy happening in the United States right now, with Ice who are also wearing uniforms and wearing masks, and so there's you don't know, people walking around with uniforms in an American city. There are some Americans that might object to that. And so apparently this shooting has happened.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, people don't like ace, I say, in the National Guard round, So is it any surprise that they got popped. It seems to be the attitude and you know what, it's sick. But of course this was nothing on the way. The media has been whipping up hysteria about the National Guard in recent weeks, comparing them, oh yeah, to Nazis and the like. Here was CNN just a few weeks ago where they were speaking to a retired major general and professional Trump hater.
Speaker 4: What the president is doing, through the Secretary of Defense is creating units, official military units, to quite frankly, guard, or not guard, watch the American people.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing that is absolutely.
Speaker 1: Abhorrent.
Speaker 4: It reminds me so much of what happened in Germany in the nineteen thirties.
Speaker 2: Germany nineteen thirties, yep, you know what that means. And around the same time, Oregon Democrat congresswoman Maxine Dexter was talking about doing everything she could to fight the National Guard coming to her city of Portland.
Speaker 6: I would say is an extraordinarily dangerous precedent by militarizing our city and moving towards a dictatorship.
Speaker 2: Here's a leader of the African American community in Washington with his thoughts.
Speaker 7: We believe that the National Guard and the military occupation is the first step into rounding black people up and putting them in detainment camps here in Washington, DC.
Speaker 2: Wow, gotta love that one. And hey, here's a little icing on the cake. Another Democrat, Senator Alissa Slotkin here talking about the National Guard coming to shoot civilians.
Speaker 8: It makes me incredibly nervous that we're about to see people in law enforcement, people in uniform military, get nervous, get stressed, shoot at American civilians. It is a very very stressful situation for these law enforcement and for the communities on the ground.
Speaker 2: So now, again we don't know the alleged shooter's motives in DC, but we do know this. Prominent Democrats, not crazies. Prominent Democrats, legislators, leaders, and ex generals have been openly saying not just that they disagree with sending the National Guard into cities to help clean them up. I mean, if they said that, that's perfectly fine. That's political debate about policy. That's all covered by the First Amendment, and you want to have that debate. Hey, I say that's great. I don't have a problem with it. But instead, no, they're not saying that it's not reasonable debate. They are instead portraying the National Guard as an existential threat to civilians, to black people, to democracy itself. Now, let's go a little deeper into this, shall we. I finished with Senator Slotkin there for a reason, because this is not her first rodeo.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: Here, she was just the other day joining a number of other Democrat luminaries, many who just like her coincidentally have ties to the intelligence community and have been urging uniform servicemen and women, as well as intelligence officers and other national security professionals too. Well, there's no other word for it, disobey orders. Not a specific order, mind you, but anything they think comes out of the White House that they feel might be illegal.
Speaker 8: I'm Senator Alissa Stockin.
Speaker 9: Senator Mark Kelly, Representative Chris S. Deluzio, Congressman, and Maggie Goodland.
Speaker 6: You're Representative Chrissy Hulahan.
Speaker 3: Congressman Jason Crowe.
Speaker 9: I was a captain in the United States Navy.
Speaker 8: Former CIA officer, former Navy, former paratrooper and Army ranger.
Speaker 5: Former intelligence officer.
Speaker 9: Former Air Force.
Speaker 10: We want to speak directly to members of the military.
Speaker 8: And the intelligence community who.
Speaker 9: Take risks each day keep Americans safe.
Speaker 8: We know you are under enormous stress and pressure right now.
Speaker 6: Americans trust their military, with that trust is at risk.
Speaker 11: This administration is pitting our uniform military.
Speaker 8: And intelligence community professionals.
Speaker 11: Against American citizens.
Speaker 9: Like us, you all swore an oath.
Speaker 5: To protect and of them this constitution.
Speaker 12: Right now, the threats to our constitution aren't just coming from a broad but from right here at home.
Speaker 7: Our laws are clear.
Speaker 11: You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 8: You can refuse illegal orders. You must refuse illegal orders. No one has to carry out orders that violate the law or our constitution.
Speaker 2: Of course, none of them can point to any illegal orders because there haven't been any. But look, no offense there. But being in the army or being in the National Guard of the CIA isn't like, you know, being a unitarian or something. You don't just get to believe what you want and follow your bliss and still put on the outfit.
Speaker 1: That's not how it works.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, it's not just this group I've just played for you, who have been dubbed the Seditious Six, who are calling for troops to stop obeying orders. Check this out. It's a new outfit calling itself the Orders Project, and it has mysteriously and coincidentally sprung up. Not only are they putting up billboards outside military institutions like Fort Bragg again encouraging troops to disobey orders, they've also set up a website and are encouraging it to mean this is just nuts, encouraging troops to organize using encrypted messaging apps like Signal four. Well, whatever's coming next, we don't know. Now. All of this, of course, is dangerous, dangerous stuff, and you don't even need to think very hard to imagine how this sort of behavior would be treated. If troops were being told by the right by conservatives to ignore a Democrat president, you'd never hear the end of it. But these luminaries and lobby groups, well this is really sinister because instead of telling troops that they follow orders, that's what they do. They're telling troops they need to pick a side. That is, they are acting like the US is some sort of dictatorship and the military has to decide whether or not to stand with a dictator i e. Trump, or join the resistance and stand up to the regime, presumably to help overthrow it. Now, not to sound paranoid, but it does sound like there is some sort of soft version of what is known as a color revolution being organized here and that we are heading towards some sort of inflection point where people are setting up in the background the sort of infrastructure and networks needed to force a crisis of legitimacy on the Trump White House. Now, it could be that all of this preparation is preparation for next year's midterm elections, or it could be connected to the military build up and potential action going on potentially in Venezuela. But by the way, it seems like there is an effort to create again underground resistant networks within the American government and security infrastructure that will then lead, as we have seen in other countries, to so called spontaneous demonstrations, claims that elections are illegitimate. Media support both domestically and internationally, loss of support for the regime by the military, and eventually a changing of the guard. We're seeing the groundwork laid also with movements like the No Kings protests from a few weeks ago, and we've seen elements two of this playbook before. Recall the twenty twenty George Floyd riots, which were nothing short of an attempt to destabilize the country successfully. I might add, in the run up to the twenty twenty election, we are also seeing a further push to amplify the message that if you go along with Trump, you could be in real trouble when the wind changes direction. Here's this little gem from MSNBC or ms NOW or whatever they're calling it. It's former White House spokes with Jen Stocky, and she's seen here trying to former Army Judge Advocate General Mark Kushner about what might happen to anyone who tries to prosecute the seditions six four Well, Sedian, what do.
Speaker 6: You think as a lawyer, what do you think the consequences should be for people who are abiding by following these steps from the commander in chief when they seem to be complete overreaches of power.
Speaker 11: They're they're following unlawful commands from Donald Trump. And if you're committing offenses and your defense is going to be I was just following orders.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 11: That didn't work out so well at Nuremberg.
Speaker 2: Nuremberg, get it. Trump and his Ilk Guard just like you know, you know who with the funny mustache and his cronies, and well it didn't work out too well for them. Oh, by the way, speaking of Jensaki, remember before when I was talking about the Afghan fellow with ties to the CIA who was alleged to have shot those National Guards members. Well, here she was, back when she was Joe Biden's chief flack, assuring us that everyone who was brought into the US from Afghanistan after the debacle of the Fall of Kabul was properly vetted.
Speaker 6: I can absolutely assure you that no one is coming into the United States of America who has not been through a thorough screening and background check process.
Speaker 2: Sure, Jen, I believe you millions wouldn't. All right, now, let's bring in my first guest, former White House Chief of Staff and Senior advisor Bandai Partners Mick mulvaney and a very happy set Thanksgiving. Welcome to the show, Mick, Thanks so much for coming on tonight. Now I want to talk first of all about this terrible shooting in DC. I spoke about this in my editorial, but what an absolute horror on what was in America the day before Thanksgiving. What more do we know about this shooting and particularly the alleged shooter.
Speaker 1: James Happy Things.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's great to see you back, great to have you back on the show. It's not good news at all. It turns out, apparently, what we think we've learned now in the last twenty four hours is that this is a person who not only served with the United States in Afghanistan, was brought here under a program to encourage people that had helped us in Afghanistan avoid essentially death in Afghanistan after we left there.
Speaker 1: So you would.
Speaker 10: Expect this was the sort of person that we thought we wanted in the country. This is the sort of person that a lot of people went to bat for to try and make sure that we didn't leave them behind as well when we left Afghanistan. So I don't know if there's mental health and issues here. I assume there probably are, but it's really sort of it's shaking the country to its core here at the Thanksgiving holiday that somebody that we thought was one of our friends turns out to turn turn his weapon on the armed forces of the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, one of the things big that I've found really disturbing about this, And again, we don't know what the motives are yet. There hasn't been any release of a manifesto or report about you know, what he's been browsing online or anything like that. But what we do know is that we're in a climate right now in the United States where the National Guard has been repeatedly demonized, and I've played a number of clips of very senior Democrats talking about, you know, what the National Guard is doing in American cities. It seems like whatever motivated this, there is a broader issue here where the left is kind of playing with fire in terms of demonizing people who are serving the country and following the orders of Donald Trump.
Speaker 10: There are James and of course, I think we get a chance to talk about the video that many of the lawmakers put out this week about you know, violating or not following illegal orders, which has really caused a great deal.
Speaker 1: Of concern here.
Speaker 10: But again, you would think that of all the people that would be immune to that type of brainwashing, that type of messaging, that type of incitement, would be the people who were either with or near, you know, the armed forces to begin with, and that's what this guy was.
Speaker 1: I mean, he worked with our armed forces.
Speaker 10: So again, you're right, there's still a lot we're going to find out, but none of it's going to be good. It's going to have an absolutely chilling effect on legal immigration in this country because this guy did come here legally, there's no question about that. I believe there's some reporting out now, Again it's very early on that it was the Trump administration that approved his continued time in the country. That could turn out to be somewhat accurate. I don't know yet. Again, we're specula but none of it's good, James Naso at all.
Speaker 2: And you know, you mentioned that video here, and I'm glad you mentioned it because I've talked about this at the start of the program. Let me just play again a little bit more of this video. And people are calling this, these people the seditious six, But let's go back and have just another little look again at some of what that video had to say.
Speaker 11: Our laws are clear, you can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 8: You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 2: Now again this idea where you have prominent democrats and prominent former intelligence officials, which I think is interesting. Here again saying you can refuse illegal orders. Not an order that's come down that they're referring specifically to, but that they seem to be trying to separate the chain of command here. What do you think should happen to these people? Because I know Trump wants the FBI investigating them. I know Mark Kelly could be in some trouble here. What do you think I.
Speaker 1: Think investigation is appropriate. I'll be clear, I don't think the president. I thought the president's call.
Speaker 10: To have these people hanged for treason right away it was over the top and it doesn't help the debate. Okay, but these people this is wrong.
Speaker 1: This is absolute wrong.
Speaker 10: Keep in mind, let's start from the very basic premise, and I do a little bit of work with the cadets at the West Point Academy.
Speaker 1: They all know this.
Speaker 10: This is not news going on TV or the internet and saying, oh, by the way, you don't have to follow illegal orders. Every member, every officer knows that that has literally beaten into them during their training. So this was not educational in any way, shape or form. This was to try and undermine the president. And I think it's noteworthy, James that when a couple of the folks who have made this video have gone out to do press to follow up, they've been asked a fairly straightforward question, which is, okay, you say that they don't these folks don't have to follow illegal orders? What illegal orders has Donald Trump given? And not a single one of them has a single example, because as far as we.
Speaker 1: Can tell, there haven't been any. So the only reason to.
Speaker 10: Do this would be to undermine the president ns as the commander in chief. I don't know what other explanation there is for this, because it can't be educational and it certainly doesn't speak to a specific example. So again, it's an example of what's wrong in this country. Mark Kelly's in a different place than the other elected officials because even though he is a member of the Senate, he's also from a member of the military and subject to be recalled.
Speaker 1: Under reserve duty and so forth, so would be follow under different rules.
Speaker 10: But I hope there is a full investigation this is wrong and it needs to stop.
Speaker 2: I agree completely, and I worry that this is going to lead down some very sinister avenues if it is not checked right now. But Mick also just want to ask some other things going on right now. And this story has I think floated by a lot of people here. But there's a by election going to happen, a special election in Tennessee District seven next month, in a district that President Trump comfortably won by twenty two points last year. But now there's been some reason polling and they are worried that they could lose this seat and see their House major slip two Well, essentially nothing. And this comes off of the back of Marjorie Taylor Green's resignation as well. Are there some concerns here around the back bench of the Republicans, particularly about you know, a their majority, But b also I've heard some worries about their treatment by the White House.
Speaker 1: What have you been hearing, Nick, Yeah, a lot of that. James is going to a couple different pieces of it.
Speaker 10: Keep in mind, every party that underperforms in a special election or a by election always says, well, they're special elections for a reason. They don't follow the ordinary trends, et cetera, et cetera. But that's just what they say for the television cameras. The Republicans are worried to death about this. Even if they win this election in a squeaker they win by five points or less, that will send shockwaves through the Republican Party because that is a really, really bad sign. It comes on the heels of US Republicans underperforming three weeks ago in the off year elections in New Jersey and Virginia. So yeah, there is dissatisfaction within the Republican ranks. Are worried about getting wiped out in the midterms, and they are even to your point, talking about some of them leaving early to deny Mike Johnson.
Speaker 1: The speakership and give it to the Democrats.
Speaker 10: Now under the theory number one, it's inevitable that midterms anyway they think, and number two is a punishment for mistreatment by the leadership of the House and by the White House.
Speaker 1: That's a tough place to be. Listen. I've been a member of the House.
Speaker 10: I wasn't a member of the House during the Republican administration, but I know members of the Democrat Party who felt like they were taken taken for granted by the Obama leadership. And it's an unhappy place to be, especially when you think you're going into the minority. There's nothing worse than being in the minority in the United States House representatives. You basically don't count for anything when it comes to voting and so forth. So yeah, it's an unhappy time right now, James. With the Republican Party. There's still plenty of time to turn things around. And of course a lot of President Trump's policies haven't sort of sunk in yet.
Speaker 1: A lot of things that one big.
Speaker 10: Beautiful bill having kicked in deregulation has it kicked in, So there's still time. But I got to tell you that it's not a very happy Thanksgiving for a lot of Republicans right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it doesn't sound like it sounds a bit of a worry with what really effectively nine or ten months of actual real work until the midterms. Hey, you mentioned it, says giving and Mick, before I let you get back to your table pulling every guest tonight, what's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? And do you agree with me that cranberry sauce is better out of a can.
Speaker 10: Yeah, James, I'm gonna disagree with you because I don't like cranberry sauce.
Speaker 1: I never do my dad. I don't like it one way or the other.
Speaker 10: Now if I had, if you put a gun to my head, I would eat it out of a can as opposed to fresh. I'm with you on that one, But in my mind, all it does is pollute the mashed potatoes anyway, and why would you do that. There's no reason to ruin perfectly good mashed potatoes or turkey stuffing for that matter. So no, I'm a purist. I'm not a cranberry sauce guy. Give me the turkey, the mashed potatoes, a gravy, some stuffing, and that's all I really need.
Speaker 1: Nothing green. I don't need anything green on that plate at all.
Speaker 2: No, No, nothing green there. I think we're both green on that whll Mick Malvany, thank you so much for your time and have a great rest of your Thanksgiving. Now we got to hit a quick break. But when we come back, John Fund is going to break down an immigration scam to end all scams, and how it is being used to fund Somemali Militia's good times. But first this Thanksgiving. Vice President J. D. Vance also would like Americans to be honest, really honest about what they think about turkey, the bird, not the country. And it turns out he's actually not a fan turkey.
Speaker 9: Think about turkey.
Speaker 12: Who really likes Be honest with yourself, who really likes turkey? You're all full of everybody who raise your hands, I know, think about it.
Speaker 1: And here's how I know that.
Speaker 13: Every single one of you who raised your hand is lying to me. How many times do you roast an eighteen pound turkey just randomly, just you know, a nice summer afternoon, We're gonna go get an eighteen pound turkey. Nobody does it because turkey doesn't actually taste that good. But on Thanksgiving, on the most American holiday, I got a fan over here, on the most American holiday, We're gonna cook a turkey, by God, because that's what Americans do.
Speaker 2: Well, if you ask me, the best part of that turkey is the leftovers. Let's course a deep fried anyway, stick around with We've got John Fund and a tick hey thereon. Welcome back to the program, Turkey appreciators. This is our very special Thanksgiving edition of the US Report. Now, I'm gonna bring in John fund in a moment to give us tips for how to make gravy. But first I had to bring you yet another incredible story about media bias in the US and how the so called mainstream or legacy press in the United States uses the old fake but accurate dodge to craft narratives that are on paper truthfully defensible, but which are designed to guide readers to one conclusion, in this case, that the Trump administration's border policies are unadorned evil and that to be an illegal migrant in the US is to be some sort of sainted victim who can do no wrong. Now, check out this headline from the New York Times this week. Quote two men, one identity, They both paid a price, it reads, and the article goes on with the subheading thousands of undocumented workers rely on fraudulent social security numbers. One of them belonged to Dan Clover. Now, the story goes on to tell a very sympathetic story about a man, Romeo Perez Bravo from Guatemala who bought someone's social security number off the black market. And we were led to believe that He's just exactly the perfect sort of model migrant America needs more of. Only that it's that persnickety Donald Trump's enforcement of them border keeping him from his American dream. Well, okay, model migrant and all that, but read on, and through thousands of words you finally get the payoff. It turns out that Prez Bravo was deported three times from the US, kept sneaking back in while he was in the US, racked up a string of duys and other offenses, and guess what was involved in a car wreck that killed an American citizen. Now, the poor schmack who's identity he's stolen, has been forced to pay thousands to the IRS and other debt collectors as a result of the theft, and even had his own driver's license suspended. Yet in New York Times world, well, Perez Bravo, he's the real victim here because he's facing deportation and possible prison for his crimes. Indeed, as the journalists framing put it, Romeo Perez was simply living under borrowed identities. Ah, could happen to anybody, right, But if you think that's bad, check this out from the New Yorker magazine under the headline disappeared to a foreign prison. Now, this story tells the story of model migrant Orville Attoria, a man who was, as the magazine puts it, cruelly arrested and deported after living in the US for over fifty years. Oh, the horror, the humanity, and as Atorea himself put a quote, it helped me imagine how the slaves might have felt going to another land in shackles and chains unquote here. Yeah, okay, but what is the New Yorker leaving out here?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he lived in America for fifty years, but guess where he spent half that time? Prison for murder, among other things. According to our friends of the New York Post, Attoria gunnedown a man in a leather good story in nineteen ninety six and was convicted of second degree murder, among other crimes, and, as is perfectly illegal, his green card was pulled, but he never left the country until Trump made him wave bye bye, and as any sane person would say, good riddance again. If these people who ruin other people's lives by committing identity theft, or even worse, end other people's lives are the most sympathetic characters the left can come up with to defend their open border's policies, well, I'd hate to see their villains. By the way, if these guys in the progressive left media set any fit more further to the left of the fish fork, they'd fall off the table. That's a little place setting joke for you. Because hey, it's Thanksgiving all right now, Let's bring in political journalist and commentator and great friend of this program, John Fonda, John fund Happy Thanksgiving to you. Welcome to the program. It's the best a mayor and holiday. I think I love it. But we got to talk about some serious business here. Unfortunately, here I want to start out John asking you, I don't even Washington, d C right now, where we've just had that horrific shooting which appears to have been a plan targeted alleged shooting of these two National Guards members. Here, tell us what's the mood like in DC, because this is a really shocking crime that appears to have been targeted at very visible representatives of the Trump administration.
Speaker 9: Not only that, but at the eve of one of the nation's most important holidays. It's obviously a somber city. People realize that this is probably the act of one man. There's no indication that it's part of an organized effort, but it has certainly put a damper on the spirit of the holiday season, and it shows just how vulnerable anyone in Washington or anyone in there in the country can be. We are flooded with people from all over the world, some I illegally, some here illegally, and unfortunately, we're seeing an increasing number of incidents, and each incident can often convince other people that were similarly unbalanced or similarly fanatical, that they want to have their go at fame and notoriety.
Speaker 2: It's just a horrific, horrific crime to have woken up to the other morning. But you know, also, let's move up to some other news here too. Let's go and get on the metro Liner north to New York too, because there's some recent news out of New York where Zoron Mamdani is planning his transition. There's this guy here, alex Is Vitali. He's written a book called The End of Policing, and he's also you guessed it, one of New New York mayors. Zoron Mamdani's transition advisors on community safety. Well, check this out, John. Here's a bit of what he had to say in a recent interview that's just reserviced about the policeaing.
Speaker 14: Exists to manage the consequences of regimes of exploitation, and police emerges in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century in relationship to three kind of interlocking regimes of exploitation.
Speaker 2: John, help me out here. I mean, Zorn and Donald Trump were just being all buddy buddy the other day in the White House. But he's bringing this guy to do policing advisor who's got all the usual college Marxist slop. And he also was wanting that Israel about Israel as well. This doesn't really bode well for New York, does it.
Speaker 9: Well, it doesn't bode well for mister Madonne's consistency or credibility. Five years ago he got into trouble because he said, let's defund the police that he runs for mayor. And then he says, oh, I've changed my mind. I was intemperate, I've seen the error of my way. We're going to keep the current police commissioner in place. Well, look, if he has changed his mind on defunding the police. Why is this person his police advisor. At the very least, it shows that he's not the political genius that he claims to be and politically savvy, as he demonstrated, he was, well, I don't believe that. I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He's reverting to his radical ways. Having gotten through the election narrowly with an eight point win over Andrew Cuomo.
Speaker 5: So now we know.
Speaker 9: And we saw this on election night when he had his acceptance speech where he said there's no problem too small that the government shouldn't take charge of it. Well, we're going to have a very radical mayor. He's going to run into a lot of roadblocks. Luckily, the damage that he can do given that the fact that the state governor state legislature have so much authority over much of his budget and his policies.
Speaker 5: The perception will be in the country.
Speaker 9: The perception will be in New York business community and the New York middle class. This guy is trouble. Maybe it's time to look for the exits and maybe Escape from New York wasn't just a movie in the nineteen seventies. Maybe it was an ominous foretelling of what is.
Speaker 2: Coming down in North Carolina. There's been a border patrol sting big ice operation in Charlotte, North Carolina. Now the Washington Post kind of had an almost sort of darkly funny piece about it. The poor country clubs have been unable to get the julips out to their members on time here because they're because of the ice rays and everything like that. But they also revealed that when the ice rays were going on, some thirty thousand students skipped schools, suggesting that there's tens of thousands potentially of children who are not there in the country legally getting these educations here off the back of the local property taxpayers. This seems to suggest that really the illegal migration problem and it's burden on infrastructure, education, schools, is probably much more massive in some ways than I think even Donald Trump kind of understood coming into this.
Speaker 9: I agree completely, However, there is a balancing act here. We have job shortages in many areas that are not being filled. I think the president's immigration stance is popular, but it should be gradual and sequenced. First, you go after the hardcore criminals. Then you go after people who are clearly in violation and have ignored court orders for leaving the country or showing up for a court here. And I think that the workplace rates and the raids in front of schools. Yes, of course those people have to be responsible for their actions and they're breaking the law. But I think the American people want this sequenced.
Speaker 1: Because when they believe is if.
Speaker 9: You get rid of the most highly visible and obvious cases, you're going to have more self deportations. The vast majority of people that are leaving the country right now are leaving on their own self deportation, probably about two million. So I think a little bit of nuance and it is probably called for here because look, there are some abuses here. There are some people with real legitimate documentation and even citizenship were being picked up and thrown into jail.
Speaker 5: We need to minimize.
Speaker 9: That doesn't mean we stopped the immigration enforcement, but we need to be calibrated and sensible about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But John, though, there's been some other revelations this week that we're just wild up. Christopher Rufo in the City Journal of Publication Next in Publication had this amazing report about fraud going in now. These are legal migrants, refugee migrants from Somalia, but Apparently within that community there has been a massive fraud operation where millions of dollars a taxpayer money has allegedly been stolen through welfare frauds schemes, and some of that has been funneled to Somalia based terror group Al Shabab, creating this sort of circular reasoning where you know, people come in and then they send the money back to make a civil war worse, then more people wind up coming. How does this work? How is this good policy?
Speaker 9: John fund Well, Somalia hasn't worked for over thirty years. Somalia is a mess. It's not really a government, and the clans and the tribal wars have been transferred over to the United States. Is really bad because there's politically incorrect. At Minneapolis, where eighty thousand Somalis have been situated, it's politically incorrect to say this. But here is what Kasin Bussuri, who is a former Saint Paul City council member, this is a government official elected for the Somali community, says about this. Seventy seven indictments that there have been about massive fraud and welfare and COVID programs. Quote, the system is broken, that's not our fault. Busari says, they are always going to be people who commit fraud. It's up to the government to make sure people aren't taking advantage of the system. Now, even in the Somali language, the words don't blame the victim can be understood. This is blaming American taxpayers for the fact that Samali criminals are ripping off the government and then shipping the money to terrorist groups overseas. This is unconscionable. This only makes matters worse in Somalia and worse in the United States. There's massive vote voter frauds in Minneapolis. They almost elected a Democratic Socialist mayor from the Somali community. I believe we have to have a crackdown on this because, look, people integrating this country all the time. We have communities that have immigrated here and basically joined the American dream. Somalia unfortunately sends people who don't assimilate. We don't encourage them to assimilate. Instead, many of them have discovered a new job occupation in this country that's ripping off the government.
Speaker 2: John fun, We're gonna have to leave it there, Thank you so much. Very quick question, what's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish.
Speaker 5: It's simple. It's the stuffing.
Speaker 1: You can make, of course, thank you.
Speaker 9: And it's the only it's the only side dish that you could, with an oparation, turn into its own meal.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 5: You do that with mashed potatoes.
Speaker 2: Perfect answer, John, Fun love that stuffing. Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend. Thank you so much, John. Now, speaking of Thanksgiving, tis the season. Also for all those lefty advice articles advising woke millennials how to deal with having to sit through a meal with their normally Trump supporting relatives. Oh no, well, I mean they're annoying, sure, patronizing, absolutely, But check out this lady who goes by the name missus Frazzled. Well, she reckons the way for lefties to get through all of these meals with their conservative relatives is to talk to them like they were toddlers.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, thank you, uncle Mark.
Speaker 12: I'm try again with kind words, or we're going to take a break from this conversation.
Speaker 5: We use the names that people tell us. Remember, nope, they are telling you who they are. You just need to use your listening ears.
Speaker 15: Friend, did they give you trouble about your new hairline or your reniers or you're lasik.
Speaker 16: No, so you can mind your own body, got it? Got it?
Speaker 5: You actually don't need to get it, because it's not your job to be the gender police.
Speaker 15: Silly goosey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, past the stuffing lady. Hey, stick around, because after the break, Alex Stein is going to tell us what we've learned from the great EX location reveal. After the break, all right, welcome back to the program, and let's have some Thanksgiving fun with our favorite comedian slash commentator, Alex Stein. Alex absolutely fascinating news out of the world of social media this week, with news that Elon Musk has put in a feature to his ex platform that allows you to see where people are operating their accounts from, and lots of reports that, in fact, a lot of foreign based social media accounts that claim to be American or Gazed or Palestinian or whatever are actually tearing apart debate, and a lot of these countless pro and anti MAGA influencers, people claiming they're in the Gaza strip whatever, they've all been found to be operating out of places like India, Pakistan and Nigeria. I mean, I think my favorite Alex was a guy who had been claiming to be a Palestinian starvegin Gaza. Well it was a nonsense account operating out of Poland. Alex Stein give us your take on this fantastic bit of transparency that we now have into what's really happening on social media.
Speaker 17: Well, once again I got to hand it off to Elon Moss. You know, he did a great job giving us his transparency, because now how we really know.
Speaker 16: Is who's trying to influence these elections.
Speaker 17: And you know, I think what's great is we need this transparency because people think that it doesn't have an effect, but it does have an effect. But my favorite thing is Kyle Kolenski, who's one of the you know, worst left landing voices on Twitter.
Speaker 16: He shared a meme showing that, you know.
Speaker 17: All of the racist memes are basically either bots or humans in India, proving that conservatives really aren't that racist because we're not the ones that are trying to cause division and cause problems.
Speaker 16: Those are literally foreign agents from other countries.
Speaker 17: So this transparency kind of shuts down to arguments on both sides, and it kind of lets the user know why am I getting information from a random, fake AI generated picture of an idiot that's in Bangladesh trying to influence an an American election. It's absolutely ridiculous, and I love Elan for doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, look, I agree with you. I think it's a fantastic move. But also I wonder, Alex, if this is going to have an effect. I think we've already started to see it in some of those articles have been coming out, you know, from left publications highlighting or claiming that there was a big split in the American right between you know, kind of a racist alt right and you know, just a basic sort of normal conservative, patriotic right, and then a lot of the sort of stuff that they've been calling out is being part of this split actually doesn't really exist. It's just vaporware. It's bots.
Speaker 16: One hundred percent.
Speaker 17: I mean, these are literal people that are just posting to cause rage.
Speaker 16: Bait that's literally what they're posting. So these aren't real people.
Speaker 17: These aren't people with jobs that have you know, a family that they have to represent. These are people that are foreign actors pretending to be Americans, pretending to be Conservatives, pretending to be alt right, pretending to be you know, normal conservatives, pretending to be leftists all to just cause division and to get people to argue. And you know, I like the argument that they are doing it for the monetization, but I think it's bigger than that. I think it's really just it's like the catfish mentality, how that TV show people like to catfish people. People love this in foreign countries, they like having the power. I really think that their power hungry when it comes all these bought and fake and know, foreign accounts pretending to be American accounts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's absolutely been fascinating to you know, get a look under the bonnet there and see what's really going on. But that said, though, there are some other troubles here because I was troubled by this poll I saw earlier today which found that young conservatives, you know, despite everything we've been talking about happening on X in real life, apparently they're saying they are now feeling, despite the Trump administration, less comfortable sharing their political views now than they did at the start of the year. Nearly two thirds said they were comfortable expressing their opinions earlier this year, but that number has fallen down to fifty one percent in this latest survey tracking young people's political attitudes and their attitudes towards free speech. It's free speech still a bit in crisis in the US, alex Stan, despite everything Donald Trump has tried to do to open up the universities and to push back against that cancel culture.
Speaker 17: One thousand percent free speech which is under attack here in our country of America. And let me tell you the one reason why these kids are afraid to be, you know, more open and passionate about their political beliefs because what they witnessed just on September tenth was the brutal assassination of Charlie Kirk. And seeing that violence some people kind of radicalize them to be more outspoken. But it also had the opposite effects for people that might have actually aligned with Charlie, or might have aligned differently with Charlie.
Speaker 16: They're afraid that they.
Speaker 17: Might be a victim of violence for having that opinion, you know, just outwardly and you know, unapologetically. So I think you just see the political violence that's going on in our country, and that's why there's a trend towards college kids, especially you know, conservatives afraid to give their true political opinions on things.
Speaker 2: It's a real shame, isn't it. Despite you know, as you say, everything that Donald Trump has tried to do to fight some of this here, and we're still seeing things that look like, you know, we're back in the ear of the Biden administration too. Want you to have a look at this here. This is a professor at the University of Minnesota, Tim Waltz's home state, of course, who says that there's a pandemic, not COVID, not bird flu or whatever else is coming down the pipe next, but apparently there's a pandemic of whiteness.
Speaker 1: Have a listen.
Speaker 15: There is a whiteness pandemic behind the racism pandemic, and that this begins in the family system, where young children are socialized into the culture of whiteness within white families.
Speaker 2: Alex a whiteness pandemic. I mean, how are we still even talking in these sort of Biden era terms, and yet this seems to be passing for academic thought now.
Speaker 16: I mean, seriously, what is she calling for eugenics?
Speaker 17: I don't even know what she's trying to, you know, mean, by saying that everything is white culture.
Speaker 16: I think it's just American culture. I don't really think it.
Speaker 17: Needs to be, you know, made so black and white, and they have to make everything about race. You can just tell by the way that she speaks and kind of the perspective that she has. Everything is viewed in a racial you know, a racial lens, and so everything is probably racist to her. Really and truly, I'm telling you racism exists, but it's not as bad as people want to tell you on the internet or people think of America. Nobody's really gonna disrespect you just for being a different race. And to be honest, you know, I've seen a lot of conservatives now are kind of upset with some of these ice rays for being a little insensitive. So I'm just telling you people here in America are not as racist as that woman wants to make you believe. And that's the problem with their academia, all these college campuses, all they do, they don't teach kids how to be anything but victims.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think we know where the racism really exists in clips like that, Hey, Alex. But you know, also, let's have a little bit of fun here. There was a story I love this here competitive bodybuilder Jamie Booker, Well, she was stripped of her world championship title after it was discovered guess what, she was actually born a male. We knew where this story was going, and yet I kind of feel like South Park predicted this a little while ago. Have a look at this. What a great case of art imitating life, Hey, Alex.
Speaker 17: I mean really, you know, the Simpsons were always famous for predicting things, but now South Park is the one predicting everything. And when it comes to this transgender waightlifter, supposedly it was an open secret that everybody knew Jamie was a boy, and that they kind of just let it happen. And now since you know, everything has kind of changed because of Riley Gaines, and people are definitely you know, more willing to speak out when it comes to transgender athletes competing against biological women.
Speaker 16: So this is a good thing for the sport.
Speaker 17: Once again, another example of a guy getting in there and dominating with basically, you know, not that much more experience. They could just go in there if that person, that guy was trying to compete against guys, if Jamie was in the guy level, wouldn't even you know, be in the top ten.
Speaker 16: But against the women, he's a world champion, So you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 17: We need to outlaw and transgender should have their own division. We can have the transgender division. I think that solves everything.
Speaker 2: Well, that might do it. But hey, Alex, finally, before I let you go here, it is Thanksgiving weekend. I'm pulling everybody on this one tonight. What's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
Speaker 17: Well, I've already had a bunch of it, but you know, if people are gonna make fun of me, I love the can.
Speaker 1: Jelly, you know, the jelly.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 16: The cranberry. It's so good.
Speaker 17: I put that on everything on my rolls, on the stuff. I mean that it just adds the sweetness and the savory and a little bit of spice.
Speaker 5: So good.
Speaker 2: You're speaking my language. And I love even the little ridges on it when it comes schwarking out of the can. Alex Stein, thanks so much. Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend and thanks for coming on to the US sport. Now stick around because only in America is next. But finally, hey, guess what, I may be able to get in on the DEI racket after all. Check this out from North Carolina, where they have just legislated against guess what, hair discrimination Gay.
Speaker 13: Human Relations Commission.
Speaker 6: The same would happen for our bill, because now hair discriminate is part of the protected class of race, which is NPA Human Relations at.
Speaker 2: I don't know what hair discrimination is, but I hope it includes lack of hair discrimination. Anyways, stick around Only in America is next, Gobble Gobble, Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America. Well, I'll tell you what. We've had a great fun this Thanksgiving episode. Let's wrap it up with a little bit of Donald Trump's pardoning of those Thanksgiving turkeys, where he served up Joe Biden's autopen as a tasty little side dish.
Speaker 1: Sleepy Joe Biden.
Speaker 18: He used an autopen last year for the turkey's pardon, So I have the official duty to determine, and I have determined that last year's turkey partons are totally invalid, as are the partons of about every other that was pardoned other than Where's Hunter.
Speaker 2: That's all the time we got for this week, and I'm sure there are going to be some late Thanksgiving dinners going allen around Australia there this weekend. So Gobble everybody have fun. See you next week. Bye bye,