Speaker 1: Why from Toowoomba. This is Paul Murray live now town.
Speaker 2: Not again.
Speaker 3: Let the means proceeds. Good on you guys, your fire leading for.
Speaker 4: A big night.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: We have got our jeems show warp hands.
Speaker 5: Such a great weekend into Woomba.
Speaker 1: It's got to be on your list. Of course.
Speaker 5: You can fly straight into weld Camp from all over the country and get into all of the action that's here. The wonderful food, the beautiful people. This is a place that is just kicking goals, more and more of the meat every year. It's a beautiful place to visit and maybe a place if the time is right, come and move here. It is a great place to bring up kids, right, good place to be with people, the community that takes care of each other and they're taking care of us tonight. Now what about the news. I mean, this was quite fortuitous that we came here and it was just by luck timing wise, but he pleased that to Womba is going to be hosting part of the twenty thirty two Olympics.
Speaker 6: Event.
Speaker 5: One of the events, one of the venues it'll be the equestrian Now I think one of the local papers. They did a little bit of an AI version of it. I don't think this is exactly how it's going to look, but still this is the closest we could get for some sort of an idea of what the futuristic thing is going to look like when it comes to the showgrounds. But I think they just wrote Equestrian AI twenty thirty two. Bang, that's what appeared. The Jetsons will be feeding everyone. It'll be fun to see in the next little while. Now this weekend was Mega two. Now we've had everything. We've had everything from the local show, the races, the King of the Mountain, the fog from Melbourne was fun for a couple of days and we made our most that's me treating the kids to the belting they deserve sometimes on the Dodgers and plenty of fun that we had. And yeah the pink hat why not. Hay just did turn the odd head once we got to the wood chipping. But other than that it was great and fun. Now before we celebrate everything that's here and we talk about some of the politics that's around, the good times that are being had into Woomba, well out west, there's some tough.
Speaker 1: Times that are happening right now.
Speaker 5: Huge floods, biggest rains that have happened in decades, and the floods. The expectation is that these things which announced it are bigger than some European countries are going to stick around for a while. There's lots of consequences that come from this mental note. Wasn't it interesting that when there was a flood in southeast Queensland the Prime Minister was there.
Speaker 1: Don't think he's visiting there at the moment in Western Queensland. You should remember that.
Speaker 5: But one of the big issues is apart from people, businesses, livelihoods, of course, livestock, plenty of them have been lost in the last little while. The Premier, who has been in the region over the past couple of days, had this to say it and I just wanted before we started and celebrated, just to send strength and love to everyone out west.
Speaker 7: It's early days, but the initial assessment assessments suggest that there has already been significant stock losses into the tens of thousands, which is why mobilizing quickly to make sure that starvation doesn't become a factor is really really important to us.
Speaker 5: Now, remember lots of different charities that you can give to. Farm maid dot org dot au is the one we often point to because they can help with feed, they can.
Speaker 1: Help with financial assistance.
Speaker 5: You can do a one off donation, you can do the monthly donation, which means you can help for future situations like this because regardless of the size, this stuff happens.
Speaker 1: In our country. So again, strength and love to everyone there.
Speaker 5: All right, bitter politics before we get into celebrating to womba. Today marks thirty four days to go in the federal election Saturday just gone four more after that and we will find out who's going to be running the joint for the next three years. The Prime Minister will he spend the weekend, as always, blaming somebody else, this time the supermarkets.
Speaker 8: I got asked today by someone as well, how do you know what's price gougy? Price gougy is when supermarkets are taking the piss off austral and consumers.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 8: That's what price gouging is. Everyone out there knows, consumers know will take action.
Speaker 5: Of course, the Prime Minister has been taking the piss for the past three years. But okay, we get it. He thinks that the people are going to fall for it. But that's the way it is, all right. As for Peter doudn't he was trying to not just respond to the announcements of the government. He's trying to keep the focus on the national gas reservation for the East Coast and how that brings down power prices, meaning it's easier to run business and the price of everything starts to drop.
Speaker 1: I want to get prices down.
Speaker 9: I want to make sure that we can stop the wreckage of Cris Bowen and Anthony Alberanezi in relation to their energy policy, and that has forced up the price of electricity and there is a big difference as we go into this election. The Prime Minister is promising to increase the cost of electricity in gas, but he has broken his promise in relation to reducing power prices.
Speaker 5: And speaking of Chris bow and unconfirmed reports has been locked in the bood of the Prime Minister's car for the next five weeks now. Theme of tonight's conversation a week is a long time in politics. It was an American politician, I think Harold Wilson who ended up saying it a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, of course, they googled it.
Speaker 5: But yes, that was something that remains pretty true now. February twenty five you gov poll headline Coalition best place to form government, currently falling just two seats short of a majority. They said the coalition would be on its way to seventy three seats Labour sixty six, the Independent six, the Greens.
Speaker 1: Wiped out to one. Cattera Australian Party.
Speaker 5: Center Alliance the only other people making it into the Parliament. The headline's pretty obvious three short of a majority. Labour was ten short of a majority. And as for the preferred Prime Minister, well, Peter Dutton leading thirty five to sorry thirty nine to thirty five in the News poll released just last week having a look at how the year has gone thus far, Coalition fifty one to forty nine.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently this is the way.
Speaker 5: That you connect with average Australians who knew that this was the way to change their mind was to talk to them like preschool students.
Speaker 10: Now in maths context, Labour's tax carts are like Ree and Jeff. Rie and Jeff arrived on maths to discover they knew each other, they weren't marrying a stranger. They're dead it before they've gotten along, And the second time around, after a few dinner parties and a conversation with the experts, they're ready to commit and like were and Jeff Labour's tax cars are the real deal of their heresday.
Speaker 5: She's the aged Care Minister and has earns four hundred thousand dollars. But the poles have changed. Fifty one to forty nine is according to Newspop Big Day of polls that have dropped this evening fifty one to forty nine in favor of Labor. That of course would see them easily returned to the majority position in terms of being able to form a minority.
Speaker 1: But I have a look at preferred prime minister. Remember what I showed you before.
Speaker 5: Dunne up by a few now Albanezy forty two, Dote thirty three according to this poll. That's a week as a long time in politics. Remember the Yugov poll saying that it was the Libs a couple short of a majority. The one that dropped this weekend now shows Labor one seat short of forming the majority. Labor allegedly is at seventy five seats, Coalition at sixty Independence with eleven, Greens would be able to hold on to two Center Alliance and Catter Australia Party Labor one short of a majority.
Speaker 1: What seats would change hands?
Speaker 5: Now, whatever you may hear from somewhere, big upping, what's a marginal seat, what's a tight seat according to YouGov? And that's a pole of tens of thousands of people. It's not just about voting intention, but it's demographics and trying to work out this and that. Well, the Liberal Party would win Ben along Gilmore, Werrower and Robertson. They'd also win lions in Tasmania, but the Labor Party would win Deacon off the Libs. They'd get two off the Greens one and in Victoria would go from Liberal to win de Pea and kauper On. The mid North of New South Wales apparently would go independent but simply Lives win five but end up losing a collection off the.
Speaker 1: Back of it.
Speaker 5: Labor win five and end up again losing, Sorry, lose five, but end up winning three to replace it. Essentially a little bit like if you remember the West Wing from a long time ago. If the election was held this weekend, not a lot changes. All the noise, all the lies, all the ads, all the gas lighting, all the bears, all the billions and a trillion point to one point two trillion dollars in debt will pretty much not move the needle. But of course we are only just at the start of the election campaign. So before you start thinking twice about whether you want to stick in with this for the next five weeks, can I show you another pile, this one from the Red Bridge one which is showing the movement towards labor. But these are the sorts of things that I think can change people's minds when you are having a chat around the barbecue, kitchen, table, backfence or the shops. Can you name a single thing that the federal government, led by Anthony Obernezi, has done since May twenty two that made your life better in way fifty four percent, no majority of the country, No, twenty eight percent of labor voters, no, seventy three percent of Coalition voters, no, forty four percent of Green's voters know, And amazingly, sixty five percent of the everything else, everyone from one Nation to Victorian socialists and teals and fake teals in between, sixty five percent of people not being able to name it latest betting odds. Sports Beds say Labor favorite, just Ladbrokes say Labor favorite just tab Well, they've now gone to a dollar ninety each, but depending on when you check it, they had the libs in front a little bit earlier today. Cos Samaris is the man we like to talk to stated of the race each and every Sunday, we'll do a big and proper version of it in a couple of days time, after our Peter Dutton pub test tomorrow night now celebration of to woomber Tonight is of course the boss of the Red Bridge organization, who, like me, loves the data dump, and there was one hell of a one this weekend. Coz love you to see you, mate, Because there seems to be a lot of noise, and by that I mean lots of different polls show us lots of different things.
Speaker 1: The trend is pretty obvious.
Speaker 5: But as a bloke who's making these poles himself and swimming through everyone else's data, what are you saying about the noise?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I can almost guarantee you Labor's not winning Deacon in Victoria, that's for sure. The only thing's going to be happening in Victoria's Labor's going to be losing please to the Coalition at the moment. On a good day, Labor loses about three federal seats to the Coalition in Victoria. So look the polls, if you step back and you look at them, it's fifty one forty nine Labor's way.
Speaker 4: Three weeks ago it was the other way around.
Speaker 11: We're dealing within the margins right now because the electorate is so fractious and there is a very big group of Australians out there who know frankly, don't have any lawties to anyone, are swimming in the mix. So right now they're in most parts of the country willing to part their vote on the Labor Party more than the Coalition obviously in a number of key seats. That doesn't mean the thing is actually done and dusted.
Speaker 5: Yet if most people around the country and bigger margins outside of the Labor vote so that can't name a single thing that's made your life better in three years?
Speaker 1: How is it fifty one forty nine in either direction?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because basically, when you speak to voters, as you say to them, all, what do you think of the current mob?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 11: What about the other blike not much right, and so Dunton's real challenge here is to actually offer millions of Australians who quite peeped off at the moment some hope, a plan that actually gives them an alternative. You know, if he does that, he does that successful in the next two or three weeks, he could.
Speaker 4: Reverse this situation quite quickly.
Speaker 11: It's you know, I make the point that about forty two percent of the voter's role is made up of millennials. That he's people forty four years and under. And these individuals only half will tell you they have a values connection to a single register political party in the country. So fifty percent of them they have no connection to anyone and so it doesn't take much to move them.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: You obviously do focus groups as well, where you get to talk to the people who participate in the surveys. What are they saying and what has changed say in the past couple of weeks, not just about leaders, but about what they're looking for, hoping for.
Speaker 1: And demanding of our debate in the next four weeks.
Speaker 4: It depends where you are.
Speaker 11: If you were in the inner parts of Melbourne and Sydney and Brisbane, you're going to get a very different response to to Dutton's cuts to public the public service for example. However, if you were in outer suburbs, the most most of the feedback will get is, look, you know, the tax cuts are nice. I'm not going to feel it. I'm it's not only going to touch the size to my problem. What about in moston the question what do you think of the opposition's policy? I don't know anything about them, so they're not getting any cup.
Speaker 1: For it right now.
Speaker 11: The few excise policy that was announced last Thursday may indeed have some cumfort, but they need to do a lot more of that in the coming weeks to actually get their attention. And this is the key thing, get their attention because they're not tuned in at all.
Speaker 5: Dumb question, But you've been on the inside of campaigns, You've been watching things from the outside for a while. Yes, we know about the role of everything outside the quote unquote traditional media and a lot of that stuff when it comes to socials. As a hardcore political person, does your stomach turn a little bit like mine when you see government ministers sort of talking like play school presenters, trying to link the federal budget to maps because we're down with the kid is Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem is I mean the sort of end.
Speaker 11: The way I can describe what they do sometimes is it reminds you of some old like on the dance floor trying to act like they're at twenty five years years of age. Right, you just go, just cringe, you just go. Don't stop it, Please don't do it again. And then my message to them is, yeah, don't do it. You come across as crass, You're not authentic. There are better people out there online who could do this a lot better.
Speaker 4: You should go and talk to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you completely because on fine with a little bit instead of dad dancing at a wedding, a bit of this and a bit of that. But I'm not going to be pretending to know any of the words to anything. And obviously when horses by Daryl Braithwaite, we just stand on this because it's one of the national anthems.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chaus.
Speaker 5: We'll see on Tuesday, mate for longer and proper version of state of the race.
Speaker 1: Give me random applause cause some mars and red brick.
Speaker 5: All right, let's sell it, right, Tala, Let's talk about this right place all right, so talk wm Bars, you know, a couple of hours away from Brisbane. For those that need to know where it is on a map, it's in place called Queensland.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: It's a wonderful part of Australia that's got a whole bunch of things, including one of the greatest cultural buildings in regional Australia is the Empire Theater. That thing is so special. I know it had its problems in the past. I know, rebuilding it all the rest of it controversial, while ago it's spectacular. There are, believe me, country towns around the country that would dream of what that sort of a facility is. It can bring everything from the ballet of stand up comedy to think. It was a rotary conference this weekend which was great, the Quarters Flight Academy. Huge fight to get that here, and it's excellent that that's in regional Queensland as well. You can take a look at a whole bunch of beautiful places around here, including what I think is the best and biggest Australian flag in the country.
Speaker 1: I love that thing.
Speaker 5: Never take it down, all right, even if in fifty years they vote to change the freaking flag. Keep that one up because I like that one. Lots of fun things here history to see as well. Population about one hundred and twenty eight thousand people. Median age is about forty, so it's right at the prime of people's lives.
Speaker 1: They've got kids, they've got parents, they.
Speaker 5: Want to get on with things and they know how to have a good times. This was part of what we did on a big weekend into Womba. There's no place I'd rather be than in country Queensland, and I can tell you this is the weekend to be.
Speaker 1: In too, Womba. The local show is on.
Speaker 5: This weekend and the biggest race day in regional Queensland.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the show and here at the showgrounds. It's not just big news this weekend.
Speaker 5: It's big news for the twenty and thirty two Olympics because Mighty Old to Woomba is going to be hosting the equestrian This.
Speaker 1: Will be an Olympic venue.
Speaker 5: It already looks great, but it's going to look a million bucks when the foreigners roll in in just a few years time. All of my favorite food groups are here. Thank you very much, appreciate it. Come I get a pink cowboy hat place. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Come on horse, pardon, let's get bubbles of crack.
Speaker 1: Come on your bag, Come on your bagga.
Speaker 6: Ah tag with the Country show y.
Speaker 1: You may will have.
Speaker 5: Noticed by now two things are very different. This is a real man, but this is a champion real man.
Speaker 1: Brighton. Congratulations mate. How long have you been swinging in X Since I was nine years old?
Speaker 5: But obviously as a young foller you know, don't have a mass my hand since I could walk so a long time.
Speaker 1: Well a dad would dog at lead to Woomba Show. The race just starting for days only getting started off to the races.
Speaker 5: Not a day nothing like a country Queensland race day.
Speaker 1: But the King of the.
Speaker 5: Mountain this is a special one for the Womba.
Speaker 2: It is a special one Hall.
Speaker 12: This is the third running of the King of the Mountain. We're really excited to have it here on the Timber Show holiday, which is a race day of tradition. Here into woman, all these people they love racing. Country racing is just flying at the moment. The weather has not been kind to us today, but Warber have come out and I have supported Rising and supported the club.
Speaker 1: It's been pumping for hours.
Speaker 3: G I fashions on the fielder, what's on? Off and running in the King of the Mountain?
Speaker 5: Steady ready in front fifty the guy with rushing the lines.
Speaker 1: Of my line, jodging.
Speaker 3: My bas steady ready.
Speaker 2: Jess what did I but.
Speaker 1: What did I?
Speaker 2: Had the risis?
Speaker 1: Would you recommend country rights to everyone? Bloody eye? That's the King of the Mountain. A race day into Wombo It was great. It's fun.
Speaker 5: And I personally think that looking like a dround rat rat is my best look. Don't you think just a heavily soaked fat bloke in the rain.
Speaker 1: It's just a beautiful look.
Speaker 5: Thank you to everyone who hung out with us. Will show you some other fun stuff around. Can I also give a particular shout out to some very special people I had dinner with last night, John Wagner, of course ahead of the Wagner Corporation, to do such incredible work.
Speaker 1: Round of applause to your good self John family as well. This bloke is committed to Woomba.
Speaker 5: He loves it and I tell you what, he was absolutely clear about. Pump up the joint. Pump up the joint because he believes in it. He's made it for the better. You should be proud of him and everything that he's done, along with the team of Gusts and everyone else at Harvey Norman who've done a great job with us in the past little at fore youw days. So thank you John, thank you family, thank you to Womber, thank you Harvey Norman.
Speaker 1: Plenty more On a sec here I'll pull my real life.
Speaker 5: Glad you're watching live into Wimber in Queensland. Hight hot start.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: Hello everyone, holiday for that.
Speaker 3: Let's get into this now now.
Speaker 5: Harving Normal, of course, are the people who have supported us since the very first outtown, which was in so Woomba years ago. We've grown it and grown it to the size it is right now and so many people turning up. And one thing that's really different this year and great this year is that we're asking or Harvey Normal i should say, is asking locals in the places that we go to to nominate the people in their community who deserve just a little bit of extra support. I had the chance to meet them now. Normally when we go and do this, the local store puts it on, but I got to say the one into Woomba, they lay out the best morning tea I've ever seen and some of the best people that were met in a very long time.
Speaker 1: To Warma is a.
Speaker 5: Really special place because it's the very first location we ever picked when it came to our towns. The good people of Harvey Norman mean a lot to me as well, because they have been with us since day one.
Speaker 1: And this year they're asking locals.
Speaker 5: In the places that we visit to nominate the local heroes to get a big reward from their community. Tell us who have we got and what are they about to get.
Speaker 13: It's really exciting to see so many people voting for so many charities.
Speaker 4: But there's always got to be three winners.
Speaker 13: And the first one is we've got to adapt mentorship with Adam and Susie.
Speaker 4: Second, we've got Hope Horizons Rachel.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, are well done.
Speaker 13: Last we've got Either's Placed Juliet.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 14: So we work with young people who are disengaged from school and the New Justices and Child Factory system.
Speaker 1: We create safe.
Speaker 14: Spaces for them so they can come on a weekly basis, a consistent basis, and so we can build trust and let them know that they're actually value and they are part of our community.
Speaker 5: We also had a sensational mourning tea with spectacular people who are from the Organization's Harvey Norman help in the community as well.
Speaker 1: Tell us about life flight. What do you guys do?
Speaker 3: All right? So we are air Wrecker.
Speaker 5: Aeromedical Matrieval Services out in the community of Broadest, Starling Downs North through Queensland, because we're delivering essentially our flying icudd to.
Speaker 1: A remote area on the side of the road somewhere now.
Speaker 15: Over time, businesses like Harvey Norman have come on board with support and they've been involved with us about five years now. I'm in all different levels of support from helping out at our gala to providing some finance and goods and services you name it.
Speaker 5: Gus he's in charge of the operation here at Harvey Normana to Womba. You are a local champion and I mean this when you talk to the charities, you talk to community groups. What does it mean to you to not just be a business in this community.
Speaker 1: But to be part of this community.
Speaker 13: Well, I think businesses like Harvin On when it comes from the top down. This is built into our DNA.
Speaker 1: Jerry and Katie have started this a long.
Speaker 13: Long time ago and it does filter down to this community, but get caught up. They caught up in the most generous community in all of Australia.
Speaker 8: I'm kind of.
Speaker 13: Saying that because no matter what happens, we've got businesses right now every single day that are taking care of our own.
Speaker 5: What a mega day for us and Harvey Norman here into Woomba. Now we spread the love all over the country. And next month we are in cal Gooley. So if you can think of somebody who is helping your part of the community, come into the store and nominate them. How how what has it that's from Harvey Norman.
Speaker 1: I've got Gussie from Harvey Norman, ripping in love him, Thank you, thank you all right. Garth Hamilton is the local federal MP for the Center.
Speaker 5: Groom Jiff McDonald is the mayor of these parts and they're both joined us now.
Speaker 1: Lads, Hello, love.
Speaker 16: You to see you in the capital of the world.
Speaker 1: Mate, right here, bloody spot, I'll take it the spot.
Speaker 5: It The show's fantastic and I love that not you know a mayor, but a woodship, a wood chopping mayor, a mayor who's been in that for a long time. And the bloke we had a chat to was what do you say but queen.
Speaker 16: Right now, Lord lives in Kingstook twenty minutes away World Championship On Friday, won the World championship. He's won five out of seven World championships and then Saturday Queensland champion twenty minutes strive from here.
Speaker 1: Good an Olympic sport.
Speaker 2: This is Yes, it's guy to watch.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got the venue twenty thirty two.
Speaker 2: What happens, We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: I'd love to say, how was the show for you? I saw that you and the team were there for all the time.
Speaker 17: Yeah, look, it's a great show. It's a great way to say, celebrate everything that happens in our region. Now, we've got so much in our region. I know Jeff's a big supporter of this, but we've got the most feed lots in our region here, we've got eggs, pork, everything. You go out and see that show, you get to see the best of regional queens and we're the gateway. We're the gateway to all the stuff that lines your shelves all the way down the East coast. That's us and we're really very.
Speaker 1: Proud of it.
Speaker 5: So also, what I love about a Queenslander won't hold back right, They'll look you're right in the eye and say, all right, mister mayor, fix this traffic light, do this?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 5: What's it like representing people that want to be that honest. They're not going to hide, They're not going to be keyboard warriors. They'll get right up in your face.
Speaker 1: And I love it.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 16: The greatest strength of our region of the people.
Speaker 1: You hear it here.
Speaker 16: Listen to these seriously inspirational. You've mentioned John Wagner twice.
Speaker 6: You must be on commission or something.
Speaker 16: Johnts three times.
Speaker 2: But you know you need to back up job driving your truck one day. I've already said I'm willing to put.
Speaker 1: Your doser if necessary.
Speaker 16: All right, name, I have a plan B exact, thank you, name me. Anywhere else in Australia, Regional Autrava, anywhere else. You can learn to be a pilot Connors Pilot Academy. You can discover new planets at University of Southern queens Then you can learn a trade at TAFE. You can be part of Queensland's largest agriculture. You can learn to be a doctor, a nurse. You can then be part of an education sector that's beyond anywhere else in Australia that all happens here. And now we're inn Olympic region.
Speaker 1: Now we're an Olympic region. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it Garth again as somebody who gets to go to Canberra, and obviously much of the media they only talk about regions like this in times of disaster. How do you keep it? How do you keep it on the front foot so that a minister, a Prime minister, an opposition leader shadow, they don't forget that this isn't a place that just turns up every three years, that you need to take care of it in between.
Speaker 17: It wasn't surprising you've been a regular guest here, but I've had I think I've had thirteen the front bench of our team come across just this term because they want to come here and they want to be taken photos with the feed lots out. They want to come in and see the Empire Theater. Yes, what a great display that is. They want to come to the cow have a beer with everybody down there and be part of this great city. We've got such a great story and I think people don't realize just how close we are to bridge and that connectivity is really important. But I think this is one of these places that's really the heartbeat of queens and politics.
Speaker 5: But also when you've got i mean at the state level, we've got treasurers, you've got you've got plenty of great connections which is going to help the area. But also what I have seen with my own eyes and obviously in the preparing of this, that it's a very caring community right where and everywhere all say, oh, we take care of each other, but it's so visible and so vocal right that. I mean literally the number of people that we're handing stuff over at the Harvey Norman store about who they thought they should back in For those organizations as well, they do the work on top of what government stands up and announce its How important is that And what's an example of the types of organizations that you're proud of?
Speaker 17: You one, and you've met a couple of guys here and they've got a lot of credit to gus from Era with Life Side, and you could talk to any number of organizations that raise money here for charitable goods in Tomboe and we outperform, We do better than what they do down in Britain because we get together. We are a little bit outside of that little southeast Coinsland click. Sometimes we have to look after ourselves and we do as one of the best places for that, Tom was great, go outside to Oki. It's exactly the same, little town where people look after each other. Pittsworth exactly the same. We can go right across our region. That's what makes us special and I think that's.
Speaker 1: What makes us Tea.
Speaker 5: So let's look forward to that future. We know twenty thirty two and that venue is such an obvious thing to be working towards. But tell us about the future for this area, the types of things that you'd like to see that are right on the verge of being opened up.
Speaker 16: What you had probably three care areas for us, Paul, to be honest, the first one is as unlocking more Land. We're a solution to the problems in the southeast and we're a service and have been for since eighteen sixteen, actually hundred nine year when Alan Cullingham came through here and discovered this place first European settlement. We've been doing that to our west, we've been looking after them, so we've been at a service to them, we're a solution to our which we need to unlock all of our land. Our industrial land will be a solution to the east.
Speaker 1: That's the first one.
Speaker 16: The second one is around the Crestbrook Dam safety improve and upgrade. It's around safety disasked to ready downstream into Girlawa. We need funding for that two hundred and seventy million dollars, so push hard for us.
Speaker 1: Good good god, I love it to do list.
Speaker 16: And your budget's two hundred million capital. This is two hundred and seventy million, big impost into our community. It's a massive impost. So they're the first two. And the last one, which has been no surprise to everyone, is more funding into local government more broadly. And I know you have Australian Local Government Association on here. Regularly zero point five point one of one percent of the national tax take goes to local government.
Speaker 2: They're asking for more money.
Speaker 1: Surprised he's in there baton front dating for his community.
Speaker 16: It's for all these people and one hundred and eighty two thousands are out there across our thirteen thousands were kilometers. That's what it's for. Because they're going to be hit with this. They're going to be hit with it and it's really hard for them. We shouldn't have to and.
Speaker 5: I support because the demand on council greater than it's ever been. I completely agree Garth again, where you want this joint to be in the next next five to ten.
Speaker 1: Well, I say this all the time.
Speaker 17: We are a place that has all the things you need. Now we've got wonderful hospitals, wonderful schools, and I've got a couple of boys and some of the best schools you'll find. I think what we're turning into is a place that's going to have the things you want. I think we're going to turn into a really special city, a genuine regional city, sitting out looking across that Brisbane valley there, and it's going to be such an attractive place. Jeff is right where the solution. It's a hard time finding a place in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: Come up here.
Speaker 17: This is a fantastic place. We're growing, we're getting ahead, and look, I think the future you come back here, you get coming back.
Speaker 1: Every couple of years.
Speaker 17: You're just going to see this place go ahead further and further.
Speaker 1: Now, did you get a prize in the local show? Please you mention that pool.
Speaker 2: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: Learning your prize place is in the audience, Get on your.
Speaker 18: Lessa Pembroke County.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you Pembroke County people. There we go.
Speaker 16: We're very proud of that.
Speaker 2: Thanks good.
Speaker 1: You might have got a prize you too, Paul.
Speaker 17: Yes, oh hello, it is a Grand Champion Champions, Grand Champion session, best of breed.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Satus you might be a sass Sason, but I'm going to be sas.
Speaker 5: I'm lago ready all right, Sam, Thank you much, thank you, thank you, appreciating, Thank you boys good. I love it, money Moore for a second, look comes, I'm best in brain.
Speaker 1: Tast get brain.
Speaker 5: I love their putting in Queensland and the bill us are doing their bit at the moment when it comes to representing us your best and brave they are.
Speaker 1: Harvey Norman wants them all away.
Speaker 5: We all know how important sport is to regions like Tawomba and we want to make sure that the next generation of athletes get the support they need, which is why our mates at Harvey Norman come in to support women from pathways to the elite version of the sport and This is what we mean when we say elite rugby league is in the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas and literally lighting up the globe. A massive part of that is going to be the biggest game in the history of women's rugby league. The Jillarous, supported by our great mates at Harvey Norman, are about to take to a field with a stadium of tens of thousands of people, so many people watching at home. And these girls deserve every bit of our support because I have worked their backsides off and they're going to put on the best show in town.
Speaker 16: This is a beautiful place to showcase what our female athletes are doing down that side of the world.
Speaker 18: What's the way your Robinson A Why she's a truck story free Kelly and Robinson gorgeous pass Kelly.
Speaker 1: Won't you stuff from there?
Speaker 4: Isabelle?
Speaker 1: Kelly is over.
Speaker 18: Congratulations to the Australian jilarus A seventeen trying to one demolition.
Speaker 19: I've told girls to think about their first jersey and what that looked like and where that was and mine was in the backstreets of New Zealand with hard lany lights. And then when we were on the stadium today, there's lights everywhere, there's people everywhere. It's a moment, but it's just going to be an absolutely huge time for the Jilarus to spread our game.
Speaker 5: What made this event even more special was that the NT Titans women's team was part of this incredible landmark EVN in Vegas. We actually first had the chance to meet these wonderful players through their assistant coach, Biancha Scrimdaw, who was one of the Spirit Award winners of the Harvey Norman Schine Awards last year. It was absolutely incredible to see these players present their jerseys to their heroes in the Jillarrus.
Speaker 20: So I'm actually going to invite up Erin from the Northern Territory team to present our number one jersey to Tamika Upton Jillery number one seventy four five test matches.
Speaker 9: For the Jilare.
Speaker 21: It's like, it's a bit surreal. I've been in the pathways since i was a teen. I'm now twenty one, so yeah, we used to just go to national CompCert like just over to Queensland and stuff, and nowhere around the world.
Speaker 5: Within any sporting club, it's crucial that players feel support across the board, from the psychologists to the dietitians and in particular the coaching staff. And it's clear this team absolutely loved their coach Leon.
Speaker 21: Leon's is an awesome person.
Speaker 11: He is.
Speaker 21: It's done a lot for me and my family. You know, I just I really enjoy working with him and being coached.
Speaker 4: HEMI has a head on his shoulders.
Speaker 7: They knew there was a job to be done over here. They were determined to put.
Speaker 4: Their best foot forward on the footy field, but.
Speaker 3: Also enjoy themselves or say yeah, I.
Speaker 11: Can't think them enough for what they've done over here for us.
Speaker 5: And while I was over there, I got a chance to catch up with a few of the Jillaru stars to find out what the experience meant to them.
Speaker 22: Hey, everyone was so supportive with the women and I think that's that's amazing and it's just to see how father women's games come. It's it's pretty special that we get to have this opportunity to play and showcase our women's rugby league at Allegiance Stadium in such a big event. But hopefully after this the game on Saturday, our games is going to go to another level and we're going to get more support and more sponsors are putting into our game to make us become professional athletes, and then where our game can just go to another ten levels above that.
Speaker 5: It is the biggest game of rugby league the team has ever played, the jill Arruse in front of that crowd, with all that exposure, that is such a testament to the hard work you guys have put in for a long time.
Speaker 22: All right, don't maybe know it's just yet.
Speaker 5: All right, So now that the Jillarus have played the very first women's NRL game in Las Vegas, with the help of our mates at Harvey Norman, it's incredible to imagine how far the women's game.
Speaker 1: Has gone, is going and will thrive into the future. This is number five. I love putting in Quaint Player.
Speaker 5: I love particularly hearing for Wimbre two women who are really incredible things in here haped you Mintel who is with the Qing CWA, and Amanda Dalton with an organization called pro to Your Place, both special women who are doing special things. You'd love you to see you both now a matter. I've got the chance to meet you yesterday when we're at Harvey. Mormon locals have nominated you with somebody doing something special, tell us a little bit about the place and what you do.
Speaker 23: So I created Pardia Place, which is a women's support center. Nearly six years ago. We didn't have anything into Womba that was a place where women could just go, whether it be domestic and family violence, or homelessness or any other life trauma. So I decided to start something up. And I think because of our amazing community that we have here in too Woomberg, we've been completely community funded for the past five and a half years, which is phenomenal and testament to our Tawoomba community.
Speaker 1: And part of what you do apart from a safe space when it may be needed.
Speaker 5: And again this is a great place, but as every place, there's times that are.
Speaker 1: Tough for people.
Speaker 5: But also I've heard stories about what you do that you in the middle of the night are willing to go and meet somebody and bring them to the place. What does it mean to you on that personal level if you can help one woman for one night. Yeah.
Speaker 23: So obviously domestic and family violence has a massive impact, and particularly in the homelessness space. That is the largest reason that women and or children are becoming homeless is because of domestic and family violence, and unfortunately with a housing crisis on us, it's made it a million times worse and a lot harder.
Speaker 1: How much money do you need out of the Queen's name Government?
Speaker 23: Six hundred and thirty six thousand, All.
Speaker 5: Right, Premier, deliver it tomorrow. All right, deliver it tomorrow, Treasurer, local MP, deliver it tomorrow. If not, I'll kick your us.
Speaker 1: All right. That's the way it's going to work, all right. That's called advocacy, Amanda or now, of course, Phoebe.
Speaker 5: We met you the very first time that we were here, and it's lovely to see you again. The CWA is known nationwide, the Queensland branch of it. What have you guys been focused on in the past, of the world?
Speaker 1: How do you help?
Speaker 24: Okay, So at the moment we're the quiet achievers. We're in the background doing a lot of work on the ground helping emergency crews. At the moment, we're providing food in central Queensland to emergency crews who are helping out those in flood. We're also giving packages of food vouch just that type of thing out around a Amanga. We've got one of our members who's actually provided housing for people to come into In Tambourine, we're doing the same. They're providing food on going. It's not royal while now while it's happening, we're there for months after as well. So that's one thing that's continued on from Cans on from all of them. The other space that we're working in at the moment, and it's early stages for us, but that is there's a huge has Amanda said, women and poverty and homelessness is huge, and so where we are as QCWA is we're actually in the process at the moment. We're actually lobbying to government in all areas to try and change some of the policies around around women and around the availability of assistance for women. And then also not only the policy, we're advocating for a whole lot of changes in that space all together. On the ground stuff that we're doing is that we're because we have over between two hundred and three hundred branches, we have women on the ground all over the place who are actually doing things like dB connect packs, so there making up packs, they're delivering them to the local DV connect places, etc. They're putting together emergency toiletries, emergency kits for children and that type of thing. So that goes on all year, every year, and we've been doing that for some fifteen years now.
Speaker 5: I ask a dumb question, but it's my role at this moment to do so how do blokes help?
Speaker 1: How to blokes?
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously there are things that need to change in attitudes and all the rest of it. I believe, as a person who would die for the women in my life that that's a majority of people. I know, you guys see a different picture in an area, But how do men help?
Speaker 1: What you do?
Speaker 24: So behind every woman there is actually a man usually who's helping or a partner who's helping in the background. That's one way they help is actually assisting our members. But the other way that they're actually helping is that we actually have what we call Friends of QCWA, which is open to all men and sponsorship ands. So we have two main two main areas that are tax deductible that we get only funding. We don't get any funding at all government funding. We're completely and in this last month we've given out forty thousand dollars in aid to those who need it in food vouchers in clothing, in that sort of thing. And that's just from our Disaster Fund and our Public Real Crisis, both of which tax deductible and both which you can actually donate to us online.
Speaker 5: Well, it's that thing we're across the country right now. That's how you can help male, female or anything else. That's how to do it. We'll make sure all the details are up on the websites. Again, Government, listen to these ladies. They're at the cold face. They know what's going on. And to Woomba, be very proud that they're doing it in your community. Thank you, ladies, we really do appreciate it. All right, take a quick break and then I'm going to tell you some of the great.
Speaker 1: Sites of filmomm want to see. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: So we are here in Twombar. Big shout out to everyone in mirth precint what a great dinu this is. Thank you to everyone.
Speaker 1: Helping us out in the coffee bars up the back.
Speaker 5: Look at that. Not only are they serving the coffees in the back, they're clapping and cheering along as well with the studio audience.
Speaker 1: Good on you guys.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. Thank you very much. All right now Tomorrow Night gove you a little preview. Don't forget. We didn't realize that the timing would be like this, but we know Anthony Abernez. He always wants to do me a favor. And the favor that he's done us is calling the election on Friday. So the first big event of the election when it comes to Peter Dunton, is going to be the pub test, where again huge room full of people who watch this show, they get to ask him whatever questions that they want or follow up here and there. But the event is not about me. It's about those questions. And I love all of these in pub tests or people's forums or debates where you watch the body language go okay, how do they deal with this?
Speaker 1: How do they do their decision making? All of that. So that'll be.
Speaker 5: Fun, and that's of course tomorrow night. Here on Sky News eight o'clock Queensland time. What's this nine pm Australian Eastern Daylight standard rubbish? It's eight o'clock in Queensland, the only joint that matters. And I had the chance to walk around with one of the local council's councilors here Edwena, because a new segment that I thought up before this our town, and we'll do it in Calgoley, and we'll do it everywhere else. Is show us three really cool buildings around the town, because well, I don't pretend to be any sort of architecture of Fifth Leonardo.
Speaker 1: I do like a good building.
Speaker 5: I can work out a form and Edwin it tells us three of the ones worth remembering here.
Speaker 1: There's many, many more, but three of the best.
Speaker 2: They're just lovely old and new, which keeps a place alive.
Speaker 1: So give me an idea about.
Speaker 5: The three things when you come to to Woomba you've got to see with your own night.
Speaker 25: The Empire Theater, the most beautiful Art Deco building in town. Almost it burned down a number of years ago. They've council voted to rebuild it and it almost divided the town. No one wanted it, and now it is the jewel in our crown.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous.
Speaker 5: We got the chance to see it last night with all of the fog around, which just was this really beautiful dream thought.
Speaker 1: Today it's plenty of it.
Speaker 2: Part of Talma all right.
Speaker 25: Number two, we've got a gorgeous courthouse, or it used to be the courthouse. It's now been turned into a home. We've got residents now moving into town, and that's something that we're also trying to encourage here at Timber's Shop top. Living more people living in town. They can then walk to work, keep off the roads, but also visit all the shops and businesses downtown.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you agree with me, but we've got to talk about a toilet.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about one toilet right now.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: It's not going to take long to visit. But it looks really cool.
Speaker 25: Yeah, and it is cool, and it's so random, but it was built in nineteen nineteen, and it was so sturdy that it stood the twenty eleven floods. The inland tsunami washed all the way through town and building. That toilet is still standing and it's there today.
Speaker 5: I repeat and dozens of things to see, hundreds and hundreds of things to do, But if a toilet looks as good as that, I have to talk about it, all right. I'm a bloke, and that's the way that it works, all right. Thank you to everyone into one, but thank you for being so kind to us this weekend. Thank you for being here tonight. Thank you for the support that you have, not just for the show but the station. We've got plenty of fire up when it comes to the election. But the most important thing about these shows is these are great people. And I say it, whether it's the smallest part of Tasmania or it's big regional centers like this, whether it's going to be Calgooli in Western Australia in a few weeks time, or it's country capitals. Australia is a magnificent place. It's a massive place. It's a different place. And if you're somebody who is just sick and tired of taking an hour and a half to get from one side of a capital city to another.
Speaker 1: There's this place called the rest of Australia.
Speaker 5: Okay, come and visit it, move to it, bring business here, bring big ideas, and particularly in a place like to Woomba, this is a can do join. This is a can do join that has connected itself not just the rest of Queensland, but of the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: Through the airport.
Speaker 5: It connects itself through business parks, through people who are hard working and wanting to work harder. There are people who have worked hard their whole life and will welcome you with open arms. To Woomba is a very special place. That's why it was our first, our town, that's why it's the place we've been to more than anything else. And again on behalf of myself and everyone at sky News. Thank you to woman. We love you guys, honestly, thank you for that's our shape.
Speaker 4: All night.
Speaker 2: We will see you again.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow night we're telling up.
Speaker 5: We'll be taking the pup taste, taking questions from the Sky News viewers, and I'm up for another big night in the great town of the Pan Time.