Speaker 1: Good morning, and welcome to a special edition Aboutsiders, as the US military celebrates two hundred and fifty years of service. That parade happening right now in Washington, DC, as No King protests against Donald Trump take place across the United States. I'm Rita Panahee, joined as always on Outsiders by James Morrow and Caroline Marcus filling in today for Rowan Dean. We've got a massive show ahead. We'll be staying across those protests in the US as well as the unfolding situation in the Middle East. But now it's time for Outsiders News. Oh gang, We've got to start. In the Middle East, people are saying World War III is upon us. I think that's a bit of hyperbole, James.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of hyperbole.
Speaker 3: But we have seen in the last forty eighth seventy two hours, of course, this real conflict kickoff now between Iran and Israel. Just the background to those, of course, is that Israel says, and in fact, actually the International Topic Energy Agency said the same thing too, that Iran was really close to breaking out on its comic energy ambitions. Israel struck first, they struck hard. They decapitated the Iranian Revolutionary Guard core, which is massive. Now Iran has been trying to hit back in the last few hours. Now they've attempted to send more missiles in towards Israel.
Speaker 2: They've caused some damage.
Speaker 3: They've also targeted, I'm told, a plant in Haifa that refines jet fuel for Israel. Now, if they've done that, then this means that they are trying to take this conflict to a whole new level. I think the push now on Israel is simply they want to create regime change in Iran. They want to get to the point now where the Mullahs are forced to flee the country to Russia or someplace else or surrender because they see Iran now as an existential threat. And the other thing too, Here is fascinating the diplomacy between Donald Trump Benjamin Now who ended this whole conflict because of course they kind of faked out the Iranians who thought, oh, Israel's not going to attack. Donald Trump doesn't want them to attack. Well they did, and here we are.
Speaker 1: It is going to be a fascinating situation.
Speaker 4: Caroline.
Speaker 1: Is this a project to essentially end Iran's nuclear ambitions or is the goal really greater than that. Is this about regime change in Iran. I think it's both.
Speaker 5: I mean, clearly, it's about stopping the immediate threash of a nuclear attack, because, as Benjamin Nattanya who has pointed out, Iran has enriched enough uranium for nine atomic bombs, and it was just a couple of steps away, possibly months away from being able to have nuclear weapons. That is a thread not just to Israel, which is obviously on the front line here, but the rest of the world, and obviously in that will be a regime change, which we should point out is being celebrated by the people.
Speaker 4: Of Iran, who do not on the whole like this, like that leaders. This is a scene. This is being celebrated there.
Speaker 5: People are happy, they're having parties and dancing.
Speaker 1: But there's a real danger here, Caroline, because if the Israelis are overplay their hand, you could say, and we see those civilian casualties increase, I think you'll see the Iranian people, even the ones who are very anti regime, change their point of view. They don't want to see their own people slaughtered. So it is a really fine balancing act act for Israel. But it's also fine balancing act for Donald Trump. He's always been about strength, peace through strength, and he's also knows that his voters don't want to have another big conflict that America is at the heart of. So how does he balance the America first approach with getting rid of Iran's nuclear ambitions and perhaps the regime because it is a danger to the US, not just to Israel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's really interesting.
Speaker 3: A few hours ago a quote dropped in The Atlantic magazine where President Donald Trump, and by the way, isn't it great now to have a president who can just pick up the phone and talk to journalists and talk to reporters and tell them what's going on and what he's thinking of He told the Atlantic he said, basically, you know, he respects everybody who wants to see peace, but he said, also, peace does not exist. You can't have peace if Iran has an atomic bomb. And I think that's exactly right. You will note, by the way, also, and everything you say read is correct, but also you would note that there's been absolutely no opposition to Israel's actions across the wider Sunni Middle East, right, So, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know, there is plenty though around the world. You got Franz.
Speaker 3: Still, well, you've got but France. But France is not fully suity yet. Okay, so let's let's just keep that in mind. But you know, traditionally, oh, the Arabs tree would have been furious about Israel. They would have been death to the you know, death to Israel for attacking the Muslim world. No, they have the backs of Israel and Saudi is everybody else is very close to normalization. Nobody in the area wants to see a nuclear Iran. It is not just the Israelis. So that's point one. Point number two here Donald Trump, as you say, you know, especially the jen z Maga contingent, they really do not want to see any foreign wars. And I think he gets this. He wants to end this sooner rather than later. But you know, on the third thing, this whole regime change issue, well remember this goes back to the Obama administration. You remember when they were all of the protests and massive you know, civil unrest and Iran and Obama for all of us talk about, you know, loving democracy and loving the people and all of this sort of thing. He basically said, their Radians go for your life. Because of course Bed Rhoads and helped him architect that original nuclear plan, which is what we're now seeing the end game of playing out. So a lot of this goes back to Barack Obama and his fecklessness in running the Middle East. As to what comes next, well, you know, look, I don't know about you a Personally, I'd love to see the Shah come back. But you know, let's also remember that the reason why we have this regime here is that after the Shah was deposed in nineteen seventy nine, all these Western liberals thought, oh, it's going to be wonderful to have this new liberal regime, and then the Mallers came in and took over. After the liberal regime was there for about thirty five seconds.
Speaker 1: We've had more than forty years now of the Muller's these limits ruling Iran. And as you said, Caroline, there's a lot of Iranian people who would love to see Iran return to its former glory, being relatively modern, secular, successful nation. I think we're still a long way from that. But let's here from Benjamin Nettanyahu. Here he's talking about but appealing to the US, telling them essentially, our enemy is your enemy.
Speaker 6: They've tried to assassinate President Trump twice. They have bombed American embassies. They killed two hundred and forty one Marines in Beirut, they killed and injured thousands of Americans where their ied is in Iraq and Afghanistan. They burn the American flag, they chant endlessly death to America. Our enemy is your enemy. And by doing what we're doing, we're dealing with something that will threaten all of us.
Speaker 1: And then on the other hand, we have the Democrats ratherless leaderless, increasingly led by the most radical elements within the party, Bernie Sanders AOC and Tim Walls, the man was going to be vice president, Well, he's got an idea of who could possibly mediate a piece still.
Speaker 7: Now, who is the voice in the world that can negotiate some type of agreement in this Who holds the moral authority, who holds the ability to do that? Because we are not seen as a neutral actor, and we maybe never were. I don't want to tell anybody that. I think there's a lot of people say you always leaned one way in this, but I think there was at least an attempt to be somewhat of the arbitrator in this. We saw President Carter do it with Began and Saadat. We've had certain wins along the way that we're actually mutually beneficial both ways. Now I ask who that is, and I mean consistently, over and over again, we're going to have to face the reality it might be the Chinese.
Speaker 1: Excuse what moral authority the China giants take me through this?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, there's so much wrong in what Tim Woltz just said there. I mean, first of all, for him to mention Carter. Carter's the gy who the Iranian revolution fell. It was the one to let the Shaw fall and missed all the intelligence and everything else. That was a disaster, So we lost that. But the Chinese being the neutral actors here, I mean China, Oh, China, the selfless, selfless global humanitarian Jijin Pi, He's going to be the one to sort out this conflict. Look, let me tell you something here. This basically, this plan that Tim wolts had, this is entirely predictable because guess what when he was running for vice president during that hilarious you know, eighty seven days or whatever he was doing that, remember when it came out, all of the stuff that came out about Tim Waltz and China, how much time he'd spent in China, the number of trips he'd been there as an English teacher, his sympathies to the Chinese government. Well, you know what, we're seeing that right now. We are so lucky that the Harris Waltz team didn't come in because they would be abdicating their authority right now to Beijing, rather than asserting American authority, which I think is what Donald Trump is trying to do here.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely delusional, Like China is part of this action of evil. Basically, it is anti America. It tries to sow as much discord as it can in American We're expecting it to be able to make peace in the Middle East when it's in Chinese interest to have as much division as possible.
Speaker 3: And we see and we see like over and over in bon and geopolitics, when we talk about we talk about the bricks countries. What are three of those countries? Russia, Iran and China. Like these three countries are tied up completely in an anti Western alliance. The idea that you would even bring China to the table on that is insane, It is nuts.
Speaker 2: It is bonkers.
Speaker 3: Tim Waltz is, I'm sorry to say he is just so stupid. I mean, it's just the ignorance and that he would go out and say that and not be laughed at by whoever was.
Speaker 2: Interviewing him there. I mean, whoever is interviewing them.
Speaker 3: If they didn't in the next second pull him up, they should quit their jobs too.
Speaker 1: They should. This is a man who wanted to be vice president, who has ambitions to be President Caroline, and really is best known for putting tampon in boys restrooms across his state. That's earning the Nicknact team, and really maybe that's the area he should stick to instead of geopolitics, because this is embarrassing work. Meanwhile, let's hear from Defense Secretary Pitt Hegxeth saying that Donald Trump was very much informed of what it was about to happen.
Speaker 8: Where can people be can be assured that President Trump is dialed in. This is not an auto pen moment. You know, we had that where the world saw our gaze distracted or not paying attention at all. President Trump's dialed in. I get to see it every single day. He knows every single dynamic of what's going on here, and I'll tell you what he's doing, Rachel. He's put in America first, and you understand, hey, how many factors there are, how many dynamics there are in the world. But his his directive to me and to the Chairman of Joint Chiefs and throughout our forces, hey, make sure you are robustly postured and prepared, and we are.
Speaker 1: Well. It's very different to this time last year with Joe Biden. This was happening under Joe Biden. We wouldn't even know who's pulling the strings, who's making the calls. What a what a great changing government really and at a very critical juncture in what's happening in the middle eighties.
Speaker 3: And I mean any sort of sense that people have and I know this is a line that's going around here that oh, you know, the White House was kept out of the loop, that is relacted independently here. You know that is completely untrue. There's been so much contact between both governments here, and in essence, it was almost sort of a headfake on the on the Iranian government, on the Mullows to say, well, you know, the US is going to hold Israel back, so you know, don't you have to worry about that, but you have to come to the table. And then they didn't come to the table. Remember, sixty two days before the strikes, Donald Trump put very clear message out there, you've got two months, You've got sixty days to come back to the table on a nuclear deal.
Speaker 2: Iran went the other way.
Speaker 3: They tried to break out their nuclear program, and on day sixty two, you know what they found out.
Speaker 1: They found out they were missing around and they found out.
Speaker 5: But this way, America goes to keep its hands sort of clean and say we weren't involved in this directly.
Speaker 4: Obviously, this is the Israelis during the strikes.
Speaker 5: However, if you hit a single one of our US military targets or people, we will come after you.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing I mean, it would be you know, there are some people, including someone the right, who are like, oh no, this is going to be a disaster. It's gonna be this whole huge middies war because Iran is going to start, you know, hitting American troops at American bases. Well, you know, that would be if you want to talk about regime change and you want to talk with the end of the Iranian regime, that would be the surest way to guarantee that.
Speaker 1: I don't even think the mad Mullers are that mad. I don't think they're going to be hitting American targets. Knowing Donald Trump is the president, you just would not take that chance.
Speaker 3: You remember when you remember when Trump, you know, took out Solemoni after there were attacks on American was going to start the constructed. But again, you know, there was a very quick action reaction consequence, you know, and that pattern has been set up whenever Trump's at the White House.
Speaker 1: But the israelis that the planning that went is astonishing. We're talking about the years of planning, Mossad agents in Iran setting everything into motion, just all the different parts. I've been reading so much about this in the last twenty four hours, Caroline. It's like the fascinating.
Speaker 5: The pager attack hes blah, they your attack on steps, I mean on steroids. I mean they had, as you say, moss Side agents in Tehran reportedly, Oh yes, that's why they really raining footage of them setting up these drones and uh, these missile attacks to hit the targets.
Speaker 4: I mean the attacks have.
Speaker 5: Been so far there have been some children killed, sadly round but they have been very precise, like laser focus, to the point where sometimes it's an entire building, it's just one unit in that building that contains someone from the revolutionary gods, someone high up. Compare that to the attacks in Israel. I mean they are indiscriminate. I mean, we've heard of one target that they may have hit, but other than that, it's residential areas, highly populated. For people have already been killed, many wounded. So it is a very different type of tit for tat.
Speaker 1: Now let's move on to the protests in the US. They started off in la and they have spread to other parts of the country, and James have got this No King's protest coming up. I mean, really, it might be a sign that you don't live in a dictatorship when you can have these protests where you're free to say whatever you like about the commander in chief.
Speaker 3: These No Kings, it's called No Kings is the name of the protest protests. But of course now we're seeing, you know, there's this whole usual laundry list of suspect sort of groups that are out there. They back every month sort of. We see some protests there in Washington, d c you know. But for the most part, I've been looking at a lot of footage from around the country. Most of them are pretty pathetic. They are pretty to be frank geriatric.
Speaker 2: They are very piatric. They don't have the youth.
Speaker 3: But you know, beyond that though, like, this is the activist left, and this is the activist left that is suddenly deciding that they're great American patriots who believe in the American system. I mean, the activists left are the people who get the vapors every time they see a flag on the Fourth of July.
Speaker 2: They like, oh, that's so tacky, that's nationalism.
Speaker 3: This is the same American left that spent you know, years trying to tear down every statue of somebody, you know who they didn't like from American history and tried to do the whole year zero thing. This is the same activist left that treats the Founding Fathers as nothing more than white slave owners who need to be humanized and exponded from history. This is the same activist left that tried to push through all the schools the sixteen nineteen project, which said that the founding idea of America was not seventeen seventy six and liberty. It was sixteen nineteen and slavery, and that that was the real history of the United States. The activist left that is behind these protests has a great distaste and dislike for freedom and the American system. It is not it is not Rita and Caroline that they are against Kings. It is there against Donald Trump. They do not think Donald Trump, you can say he's an authoritarian, except an authoritarian who keeps winding up having to abide by judge's decisions, even though a lot of these judges' decisions are completely ridiculous. These no Kings people, though, they I think if you gave them the power, they would be the real authoritarians. Because left wing revolutions are never about, oh, we want freedom from an authoritarian. The people who organize left wing protest movements always want to be the authoritarians themselves because they think they know best how to run the world.
Speaker 1: Everything you just said reminds me of the same leftist self loath as we have in this country. You think we're just all our values and history is something to be ashamed of completely. Let's cross now to Jerusalem. We're former Labor senator over Paris and Chris roller Baker from New South Wales Education are stranded and are hiding at a bomb shelter. They both join us now, nov I'll start with you. Tell us why you're in Israel and what's happening right there on the ground.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you. We actually have been here for almost nine or ten days. I actually came out as I was a recipient have won of four global recipients from technico On University that had achieved an award for finding any Semitism. You know, I do the things that I do. I've always thought against all forms of racism, but I've done a lot to try and you know, do my best as someone who has a profile in Australia to to support the Jewish community and bring down the outrageous, incredible due hatred but we have here in Australia.
Speaker 5: No, but thank you for all you do as a member of that community.
Speaker 4: It's Caroline here.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to ask what is happening right now where you are. You're obviously in a bomb shelter. What do you know about this latest attack?
Speaker 9: Well, actually I might hand this over to Chris. Chris is here, he's one of seven first Nations people that are here on a delegation. He's been here with me for the past seven days. And actually that's a bomb alert that's going off now. We get these alerts quite often when we have to seek shelter in the bomb shelter. But Chris might want to just talk about your time here. It's your first time here to Israel.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's my first time to Israel, and I was invited to come over with Nova really to see both sides of the conflict. As it turns out, everything's erupted a course with Iran. What's happening outside at the moment you might be able to hear alarms going off, is that they're warning systems and so that tells the local population and us the CV of course, that there are incoming missiles. Earlier this evening, I saw a series of missiles from my balcony. It was in the distance, so it wasn't affecting this area and the alarms weren't going off. But it's real and it's happening in Iran.
Speaker 2: Is they're bombing civilian areas.
Speaker 10: We can actually hear deep grumblings outside now from the bomb shelter that we're in, so We don't know exactly what's happening outside, but there are certainly missiles being sent through and hopefully they're being taken down by the defense systems.
Speaker 3: Nova and Chris and ask you both this question. Me will start with you, Nova, But when you are out of the bombshelters, because obviously you know there's plenty of times when the area is not under attack, what is the mood of the people on the ground. Are the people you speak to feeling resilient? Are they supportive of keeping the conflict going? Do they understand, you know, the why the government's rationalities for pursuing these this campaign against Iran. Tell us what you're hearing and seeing and really feeling. What's the vival the place?
Speaker 2: Nova, Well, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 9: Like I said, it's my second time now to Israel, and you know, the Jewish people they just want peace. You know, this is their homeland. You know, there's me as a First Nations woman. You know, we how we know our connection to land is through archaeological evidence. And you know there's undisputable evidence of the Jews connection to the land of Israel that dates back four thousand years.
Speaker 1: The Jewish people, you know, living through.
Speaker 9: The diaspora and the exile of every you know, the Babylonians, the Romans and the Ottoman empires, and of course we saw, you know, the the Holocaust were six million people were killed. The Jewish people have come back to their homeland and as a first nations women, when you look at what decolonization looks like, this is what the Jewish people have done. But the Jewish people, you know, their neighbors, they just want peace. And people don't actually realize here in the Land of Israel, and said it many times, it's the third of the size of Tasmania. There's two million Arab Israelis that live within Israel, have all the freedoms, and then you know what's happening we're seeing now, Chris is we've got the West Bank and we've driven several times through the West Bank. You know, there's three million Arab Palestinians that live there, and you know, the Israeli defense system is protecting them and their lives because what we're seeing is that the ballistic mistles are targeting civilians right across Israel, right across the West.
Speaker 11: Bank, and we are relying on the Iron Dome and what.
Speaker 9: We have seen now is Israel. It's been twenty years in the making, you know, for them to attack Iran, to actually dismantle their nuclear weapons development, and they are doing this on behalf of the world.
Speaker 11: What we know now that they had enough nuclear for fifteen nuclear warheads. You know, it's unbelievable and people really have to understand the history that the Jewish connection of this land.
Speaker 2: But they want peace and you talk about resilience.
Speaker 9: And we spoke to there's about one hundred young Jewish people that hear from America and there's one young lad he said to me, he said, no, you know, you've got little two year olds in bomb shelters, four year olds and bomb shelters, and this is the resilience of the.
Speaker 1: Jewish people had to do that.
Speaker 11: You know, the Jewish people love life.
Speaker 9: They are protected. The Israeli government build built bombshelters so they can go and protect themselves when you know they're fighting wars on several fronts from Hesbala and the Huthis and.
Speaker 1: You know now we're you know, the the Iranian regime.
Speaker 9: So it's incredible to be here to understand the life of the Jewish people, but to understand this isn't an apartheid's day. They're a democracy in the Middle East and they want to be able to live peacefully with their neighbors. And we've seen that with Jordan. Jordan have actually shot down, you know, the missiles that are also coming from from Iran. So you know, they've got a peace treaty with Jordan, They've got a peace treaty with Egypt, and this can be done. And where will we just a couple of days ago when we had a bit of freedom, we might want to talk to about Chris, the young Muslim man who was a mayor, and you can talk to that if you like.
Speaker 3: Where we went that day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, in terms of answering your question, the Jewish people, as Novist are incredibly resilient and despite everything they've gone through, and despite everything they're currently going through, they still able to manage to hold themselves with dignity and hold themselves with pride. The overwhelming theme over last ten or more days since I've been here is it's the desire and deep wish for peace in the Middle East coming from the Israeli people, and the tremendous ability for them to be able to forgive and they desperately want the war over.
Speaker 2: They desperately want the.
Speaker 10: Palestinians as well as Jewish people to live in this area together.
Speaker 1: What we're worn to see is peace. Fantastic insights there. We thank you both for your time. Get home safe and Oviparis ris Ralla Baker, don't go anywhere. We're having a quick break and we've got plenty more, including we're going to be crossing to La to speak to Peter Cepanovik, who's in the midst of the riots. You're watching Outsiders with your host James Morrow, Caroline Marcus filling in for Rowan Dean, and I'm Rita Panny and get ready because we've got a whole lot of lefty lunacy content coming up. But first, this week we saw the end of the ABC and Channel ten's flagship current affairs programs. Yes, after eighteen years on air, Q and A was axed, and so was the pro Dect, which has been on air force sixteen years. I'm not sure how we're going to cope not having these two insufferable lefty talk fest lecturing us on what a terrible races, sexist, heteronormative country Australia is will we hear genius analysis like this. Here is Tim Flatnery. This is back in twenty eighteen on Q and A, which is some casual climate catastrophizing.
Speaker 12: Melbourne with its huge de cell plant, has brought itself about a decade of grace of water security. Beyond that, things are going to get difficult again. And with the impacts of climate change, places like western Sydney are going to really start feeling the heat because the heat waves are getting longer, hotter, and more frequent. The infrastructure where building isn't fit for purpose for that future. And I think we're going to struggle.
Speaker 13: I really do.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, that's de cel plant in Melbourne has never been actually relied upon for water supplies. It's a big, fat, expensive white elephant that should have never been built. A new dam would have been much cheaper. But I digress. We will not miss Q and A with its climate, race and LGBT obsessions, and we certainly will not miss TENDS the project, a program that managed to be both sanctimonious and vacuous at the same time. It's not a good mix. Here is Rover McManus. Well's not only an occasional host, but whose company Roving Enterprises produced the program for Channel ten. Here he is lecturing Australians about the Voice referendum.
Speaker 4: I wrote, Yes, my daughter was there, she got it. She's nine.
Speaker 13: She said, I can't believe anyone would vote no to this, and that's what breaks my heart.
Speaker 2: What are we doing to ourselves?
Speaker 1: This is a real moment where we can be proud and show what a wonderful country.
Speaker 2: This is this whole cliche we like to put out of. We love to give everyone a fair go. We're not doing this.
Speaker 14: So whichever way you're voting, just please just think about what you're doing, think about the repercussions, and.
Speaker 2: Let's just be decent for once.
Speaker 5: Be decent whichever way you of voting.
Speaker 1: Yes, what was I saying about that unpleasant mix of sanctimonious and vacuous. That's no example there. Yes, the project and Q and A are over. When you know what I'm going to miss the most, It's going to be these musical interludes.
Speaker 10: My sister.
Speaker 13: Sculpture.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now to the US and the anti Trump, anti deportation rights we've seen in LA and they're spreading to other parts of the country. President Donald Trump could not have hoped for a better advertisement for his policies than the violen scenes in LA, with writers attacking law enforcement, destroying public and private property, burning the American flag, and generally behaving like lawless thugs. The violence became so out of control that the Democrat mayor of LA, the thoroughly hopeless Karen Bass, went from standing with the pro testers imposing a curfew on them. But what is really fascinating is the enormous support Donald Trump enjoys from migrants on this issue. Yes, despite what the media may tell you, the polling consistently shows that the majority of Americans want to see every single illegal immigrant deported. And have a look at how migrants legal migrants feel about this issue. Even CNN had to take a break from its relentless anti Trump coverage to report on this.
Speaker 13: Immigrant citizens, immigrant voters, foreign born voters have gone tremendously to the right on this issue in twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five versus where they were in twenty twenty. Closest to her trust war in immigration, you go back to twenty twenty, Democrats Get This held a thirty two point lead on this issue. Immigrant voters were in the Democratic camp. Jump forward to twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five. Look at that shift, a forty point shift to the right among immigrant voters. Republicans now lead on this issue by eight points over Democrats, more so than any other group that I could find. The group of voters who became more hawkish on immigration were in fact immigrants themselves, immigrants who were registered to vote in this country.
Speaker 1: And that has seen immigrant voters shift their votes to the Republicans, not just on the issue, on the whole election. I wonder if there are any lessons to be learned about that from our hapless coalition.
Speaker 13: Again, there is no block of voters that shifted more to the right from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four than immigrant voters, and Donald Trump, at least in some surveys, actually won that vote. On average, it's about equal. So there may be all this stuff right about undocumented immigrants and Trump being harsh on them, but immigrant voters themselves have increasingly liked Donald Trump and have increasingly moved to the right on immigration into the Republican camp.
Speaker 1: YEP. The biggest group gravitating to Trump over the illegal immigration issue are immigrants in the country legally. You know, the ones that actually vote that will, no doubt, shock shock political abundans everywhere who have misunderstood the Trump phenomenon from the start. They've convinced themselves it was all a manifestation of white supremacy rather than a broad coalition that has seen the Republican Party enjoy newfound support among migrants, particularly Hispanic and Asian voters, and that support on immigration policies evident amongst all voters. Take it away, CNN.
Speaker 13: The American electorate believed that the Democrats don't have a clue on the issue of immigration. I mean, you could just take it here closer to trust more and immigration. Democrats versus Republicans. Got three different polls for you across the board. They all tell the same story. Republicans lead on the issue of immigration. You see it here, CBS plus six, You see it here, CNN plus six, you see it here, IPSOS even bigger plus nineteen. No matter matter what pole you look at, no matter which way you cut it, the American.
Speaker 4: Public is with the Republicans.
Speaker 13: The American public is with Donald Trump, and to a much greater extent than they were in term number one. And it's not just on the broad issue of immigration, it's on the specifics as well in which the American public is with Donald Trump and the Republicans. And that is why Donald Trump is eager to take on this fight that.
Speaker 1: Would have hurt CNN having to report that. Meanwhile, you have the Democrats doubling down on the lunacy standing with the illegal immigrants they allowed to flood into the country more than two million a year under Joe Biden's administration, and many Democrats continue to blame Donald Trump for the violence of their left to supporters, or in the case of Democrat Congresswoman Maxine Waters, they deny there is any violence. Who are you going to believe you're lying eyes or Maxine?
Speaker 15: Didn't I create any violence. No batter was shot, no batter was killed. Get it in your head. And so when martial law is called, what are you going to say to point, don't miss the pot you are. Don't think that somehow because they called out the National Guide, there was value, There was no valid.
Speaker 1: The truth is that President Donald Trump has a clear mandate to implement his deportation program, and the more the Democrats resist, the more they harm their standing among voters. We cross now to Los Angeles with our Sky News colleague Pete Stepanovic. He's alive on the ground. Pete, tell us what's happening this protest behind you? Are they mostly peaceful.
Speaker 2: Boding ready?
Speaker 14: Yeah, they have been, to be honest with you, I mean, the protest itself has been closed or it ended a couple of hours ago now, but there are stragglers, if we want to use that term. It was pretty busy here. I've got to say throughout most of the protests. I mean, they would been tens of thousands of people at the height of it, and they were crowded out the front of the City Hall, which is where we are at the moment, and.
Speaker 2: They kind of snaked out of that.
Speaker 14: It was so many people that went through the city streets and flooded it and virtually locked it down. Trafvick couldn't move anywhere. But right now, crowds have dwindled quite a bit. You've got a few thousands still here, but we'll give you a better look at how things are at the moment. There's still a lot of people, a few thousand, but much.
Speaker 1: Less than there were a little earlier.
Speaker 2: Pee But for the most part, it has been.
Speaker 14: It has been peaceful, yep R.
Speaker 1: But I'm just noticing right behind you the number of Mexican flags, the American flag. Some of them I'm seeing have got graffiti on them. One was upside down. Tell me about that, because that, to me seems to be very ill advised, a bit of activism from the Democrats there, to be desecrating the American flag and proudly flying the flags of other countries.
Speaker 14: Not only that, but also offensive to the military. I would have thought, as is the case, whenever anybody flies an American flag that's upside down, that's certainly the case.
Speaker 2: But there's all kinds of different flags.
Speaker 14: You got Mexican flag, You've got the American flag, and like you pointed out there, the American flag being upside down. You've got flags that have been blended with the California Republic flag too, and then you've got, you know, all the signs that people are doing, you know, with all kinds of profanities on them. And then what you might not be able to see or maybe you can. I mean, there's part of it on the wall there out in the front of city Hall. There's graffiti, because graffiti is everywhere around this town at the moment.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've been with.
Speaker 14: The protesters for a few days now, and even during those protests and parades and marches a few days ago, you see you'd see kids who are masked and they just pull out some cans of spray paint and away they go. They either tag a building or you.
Speaker 2: Know, say the F Trumps or whatever.
Speaker 14: That that kind of graffed is absolutely everywhere across downtown in La at the moment.
Speaker 2: I want to move on to another topic.
Speaker 3: We've had this breaking story out of Minnesota where two legislators have been shot, one of them fatally.
Speaker 2: They were a married couple. What is the latest on this.
Speaker 3: You've had Melissa Hortman who has killed her husband John Hoffman, I believe seriously injured. There's a suspect at this point, just a suspect called Vance Bolter. What do we know about this person? Because I'm understanding that this person also has links to the Democrat Governor Tim Waltz sat on a board of some sort with one.
Speaker 2: Of his victims, alleged victims. What more do we know about this? Because I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: People are making a big deal about the fact that these were Democrats who were shot as an act of political violence, which is inexcusable. But they're saying a little bit less about the person who is alleged to have pulled the trigger on who the FBI has a fifty thousand dollars reward out to find.
Speaker 14: Well, they're still trying to work out a bit more about him, but the details that we've been able to get so far. And just while I'm answering that there is a loud noise going on here with all of the LAPD cars and sirens that are blazing, we heard some bangs a little earlier before you came to us as well, and they sounds similar to the flash grenades that have been used, So maybe police are just trying to move crowds on. Anyway, back to your point there, James, So they're working out a bit more about him. It looks as though he was running a security business, so he would have had fairly easy access to police uniforms.
Speaker 2: I would have thought.
Speaker 14: There is also the police car that a lot of people thought was a police car, but it was a security vehicle that was dressed up to be a police car. So I mean, if somebody like that turns up to your house and wants you to open the door. I guess you would presume that you would open the door thinking they were an actual police officer. But on Tim Walls, you make a good point there because there is video that's that's doing the rounds at the moment. If Tim Walls basically saying that Democrats have to get MINA, They've got to get MINA and MINA. And this was only a couple of weeks ago that he said this on a stage while he was campaigning against Trump and Trump's policies, and so you know, has that whipped up his supporters. A lot of people are pressing him on that now, thinking that more maybe he did.
Speaker 3: And Pete, we also have learned that one of the two voted against a provision to allow the continuation of healthcare to illegal immigrants in Minnesota. I think we have a little bit of that. We have a look at that, so we don't have that grab. Oh, we certainly, let's just have a look at this here, Pete.
Speaker 1: I know that people will be hurt by that vote, and I'm we worked very hard to try to get a budget deal.
Speaker 4: That wouldn't include that provision.
Speaker 3: So that was one of the two vis it was here talking about this provision that they voted against giving healthcare to illegal She looked quite sort of very upset and shaken about that vote. And I'm just wondering, given that there's been also some talk that the shooter had no King's material with him and so on, that this could be we don't know yet, but something that may be coming from a more radical faction of the left. We don't know yet, obviously, and it's all alleged and it all has to be investigated.
Speaker 14: But what do you know, Pete, Well, I mean, I just think with all of that said, and obviously more will be revealed in the coming hours and the coming days too, but I just feel like it's probably points like you said, they're to the factions with the Democrats at the moment, they.
Speaker 2: Don't know which way to go.
Speaker 14: So you've got the extreme left flank of the Democrats, and then you've got the other flank of the Democrats at the moment at war because they don't really know how to take on Donald Trump, donald Trump's policies and the rise of the Republicans.
Speaker 16: And it wasn't that long ago, James.
Speaker 14: Was it that we had the election, and it just pointed to a landslide win for the Republicans. So again it just points to the Democrats being all at sea. But you know what's been interesting over the past couple of days or so. I mean, people are pointing now towards with this story here in California, people are pointing towards Gavin Newsom and his term runs out next year, his second term, and I think it's fairly obvious that he's readying himself for another charge of the presidency in three years from now because he's been trying to move his position more to the center from that progressive flank of the Democrats by having a podcast and talking to more right wing figures and taking more conservative stances on social issues. I'm pretty sure he's going to get he's getting himself ready for a run to possibly try and lead the Democrats.
Speaker 10: Pee.
Speaker 5: What are we expecting for the rest of the day. Obviously, it's the military parade. It's also Donald Trump's birthday, so big crowds expected a wing expect any trouble.
Speaker 2: They hope not. But this is how things emerge like.
Speaker 14: It starts out peaceful, and I got to say, there was a huge crowds, probably more than anyone expected at this particular protest today, the no King's protest, which is an odd term in itself because as Donald Trump pointed out this week, he's not a king, he's a president. But I mean, there are police around, but they're just heavily outnumbered.
Speaker 2: And I have to say that police have.
Speaker 14: So I won't even try and get over the top of that at the moment.
Speaker 2: So that's part of what's going on at the moment.
Speaker 14: So it's it's pretty noisy stuff. But I've got to tell you, the police have been fairly compliant with these protesters today.
Speaker 1: They've allowed a lot.
Speaker 16: To go on.
Speaker 14: But there will come a point when a lot of people here have got to be cleared out because curfew will still be in place in a couple of hours time, so things could change then.
Speaker 1: Just Pete Stefanobink, thank you so much for your time. I've got to say, just watching that, watching those American flags upside down as the country honors the military two hundred and fifty years of service. The military is a year younger than the country because the military had to actually fight to make the country be a reality. So to America's two hundred and fifty anniversary. Well, next year it is.
Speaker 2: It's going to be huge. It's going to be absolutely massive. But you know, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: We've got all these people suddenly draping themselves in the mantle of seventeen seventy six. Bernie Sanders earlier, just a few hours ago, tweeted about, how, hey, you know we over threw a tyrant once, we can do it again.
Speaker 2: Is he actually calling for revolution?
Speaker 1: Is this what the sounds very insurrection?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bit like Bernie Bernie bro is going to maybe he's going to put the hat on with the big you know, horns on it and do an insurrection. Look, but the other thing too, is again, Rita, I'm so glad you picked up on that. With those flags. We saw the Alsauadoran flag, we saw the Mexican flag there. This is not the message to send to Middle America. This is a message that you said. If you're saying you want to colonize, you want to take this area of California, which you know, we see people like the Senate President of Mexico say that's Mexican.
Speaker 2: For separatism. It's a lead for division.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think the rest of America, Ordinary America, Middle America, including.
Speaker 2: An awful lot of migrants.
Speaker 3: As you played your clip from CNN, I'll just simply reject that nonsense out of hand.
Speaker 5: You know, we see a similar phenomenon in Australia and around the world where legal immigrants reject this concept that anyone should be able to come to the country. They left their homelands for a reason to come to an America, not a place that resembled where they came from, that came for a reason.
Speaker 4: So I think this will just you know, further Bolston support for Trump and his policy absolutely.
Speaker 1: And you've seen it throughout the week with then burning the American flag, spitting, stomping on the American flag, whilst they proudly fly the flag of countries where they don't want to be deported. To try to check that out. After the break, your favorite segments Lefty Lunacy, Wacademia and it's saying we've got it all. Welcome back to outside as I'm Britta Panny and I'm joined with Caroline Marcus James Moraw Caroline is here for Rowan Dean. He's having a well earned break and let's get into lefty lunacy guys. Tim Walls, We've already talked about him today, and he is he just never fails to embarrass himself. He gives us so much content. Here is asked a very simple question, what is a woman? Nancy Mace put that question to him, and watch his face in here? What is a woman?
Speaker 4: What is a woman?
Speaker 5: Is a question?
Speaker 7: I'm I'm not sure I understand the question.
Speaker 2: Oh, hey, that.
Speaker 4: Question, it's just so complicated.
Speaker 1: It's so common. You could literally ask a toddler that question and then give you a better answer than what we just heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then the title would be suspended from preschool from being transphob But then, you know, let's not forget that.
Speaker 2: But the but the other thing too, is that, like you're.
Speaker 3: Telling me, Rita that a guy who spent his career as governor of Minnesota putting tampons in the boys' bathrooms in the high schools wasn't able to answer the question what is woman? Reader, I'm just I'm frankly surprised that you're surprised.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a question that they see as a gotcha question, Caroline, It's not a gotcha question. Just say an adult female.
Speaker 5: Lots of things you can say and lots of scientifically based answers. Or if you're Clementine, for you say it's someone who has been afraid of a man at some point in their life, that is a make James.
Speaker 1: A woman as well, because I'm sure at some point in your life you've never been afraid.
Speaker 10: Of a man.
Speaker 4: What if you've been afraid of a woman. Because I find time and time.
Speaker 1: For cary men in New York. Now we talked about Grace Tame and Nike and Nike in their association with the former Australian of the Year after some of the radical and radical is putting it nicely stuff she was putting on social media, Caroline. Another corporate relationship has come to an end someone I'd never heard of, but a Melbourne entrepreneur, Lucy Figgins, who's the founder of the Design Files, which apparently has quite a large following. Mercedes Benz and jew Lux have both torn up their agreements with her.
Speaker 5: Tell us why well she came to the defense of someone else, a Sydney architect called Luigi Rosselli, who has been posting praise of Greted Thumberg and herself for yacht floating towards Gaza in an attempt to end the blockade, and so she came to his defense. But she's been posting for a long time, like a time, wasn't I think this was the straw.
Speaker 4: That broke the camel's back.
Speaker 5: And I mean they Mercedes Benz obviously a German company who have donated heavily, who have worked with Israeli organizations like Yadbushem, the Holocaust Museum in Israel.
Speaker 1: They weren't going to put up with us.
Speaker 3: And why is it that these companies to be unable where they're going to go and hire somebody to be an influencer for them or something like that.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I don't know why. You know, because of these driving mesits, they're gonna want driveing meceds too or whatever. But like why they aren't just having a bit of a scroll through their instant just to make sure that.
Speaker 1: It was a one way street. If you said anything remotely conservative, you were banned, like you were absolutely poison as far as the corporate world was concerned, which is so idiotic, but that was the position they took. But you could spout all sorts of crazy leftist nonsense and they would say, oh, there's no price to pay because people on the right don't boycott products, they don't have cancel culture. Well, guess what, people on the right also decide where they So.
Speaker 3: You're seeing the marketing the problem as well. These company is run by the New South Wales moderates.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much. That's pretty much it.
Speaker 5: I mean and fantess a lot of these bloggers and mummy influences, they didn't haven't discovered the Middle East until October seven, and then they all came out thinking it's the cause du jure.
Speaker 3: They're so genuine here, you know, like all of a sudden, Hey, you know, I'm doing my frame black for Black Lives Matter. Oh no, wait, now I'm put a watermelon up for palistite who cares well?
Speaker 1: Happy It doesn't have to be this issue, because as we have seen, with all these influencers, bloggers, all the sort of lefty echo chamber, you can predict their position on any topic. But before October seven you could have found plenty of radical leftist content that were pumping out to them.
Speaker 5: For someone like Grace Tame, she was too ignorant to realize that Nike is owned by an Israeli company, and therefore she was she was she was actually despital her you know, statements on Instagram and social media.
Speaker 4: She was chilling for this company.
Speaker 1: Now, don't go anywhere. Coming up next James's Donkey Vote, and we crossed to the US for more on the riots and the latest on Israel and Iran.
Speaker 3: Hello, you're watching Good Signers with your hosts Rita Panahy and making a special one week only appearance sitting in rowan our good friend Carolyn Marcus. Now, before I get to all the serious business of war and all that jazz, I need to share with you just a little story about anti Israel lefties getting a very big mugging by reality.
Speaker 2: By now, of course, everybody is well familiar with.
Speaker 3: Climate crusader Greta Tundberg and her attempt to sail to Gaza to quote unquote block the blockade. Well, Israel responded to this effort with a hearty how dare you and kicked her out of the country, sending her home in that back row of the plane, in that back row that doesn't recline, stuck next to the galley and the toot. Hope you had a nice flight. Greta and well done Israel. Ten no notes, as the kids say, But only this cautionary tale has it stopped others from trying their hand at a little territorism of themselves. Meet the geniuses behind something cold, the Global March to Gaza. Yes, that's right, you heard correctly, who have decided that it would be a real swell idea at a high old time to fly to Egypt and from there try to march into the Gaza strip on foot.
Speaker 2: To open up the territory to humanitarian relief.
Speaker 3: Here you see some of their supporters sharing those heading off from Amsterdam's Schiffole Airport. And boy, that guy in the blue shirt looking him there on the right, he really looks like he'd be a lot of fun at parties. But of course these guys forget that. Not long after the October seventh attacks, Egypt sealed its border with Gaza. Why well, because they didn't want to wind up like Lebanon did in nineteen seventy or later than that, or Jordan in nineteen seventy or anywhere else. The Palestinians and the PLO went to spread their special sunshine across the Middle East. So how do you think the Egyptians reacted to these silly white Western liberals presuming to undo their own blockade of Gaza about as well as you would expect.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Everyday Egyptians decided that they would beat the ever loving you know what out of these activists with belts and shoes and whatever else they had to hand, not to be outdone. Egyptian officials themselves were not too pleased either.
Speaker 1: There's people in masks.
Speaker 4: There's people in masks. Please someone screen record this.
Speaker 1: There's people in masks dragging people out.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but can these people just decide whether or not they like masks or not. Honestly, it's so hard to keep up these days.
Speaker 3: But anyway, what's the old expression about it taking a heart of stone not to laugh at this stuff. Well, here's more from one of the participants.
Speaker 4: This is an emergency.
Speaker 17: We have just been violently dragged into the buses here at the first checkpoint on the way to al To Ismalia. We were sitting quietly and not doing anything. We were debating that we would leave soon in taxis back to Cairo because we did not break any law, And all of a sudden, several people stormed in and they started to push people and drag them violently outside.
Speaker 3: Anyway, finally the mob said farewell in the classy banner for which the activist left is known. Here they are saying farewell to Egypt with a song.
Speaker 7: You as you.
Speaker 2: Jab AnyWho.
Speaker 3: The reason I bring this up is because, you know, this really just feels like a progressive version of European colonialism, with the great white Saviors coming down from the continent to tell the Egyptians how to run their country and their border. But guess what, our European friends wound up on the point the end of decolonization, As the Egyptians told them quite rightly. What's the saying, go back where you came from? Right onto more serious business. Well, on Saturday, I had a great opportunity, and I'd like to thank the US Embassy in Canberra for inviting me along to visit the USS America Admiral Tom Schultz, American Charge and Affairs Erica Olson, and everyone aboard the ship were incredibly generous in showing US life aboard this amphibious assault craft normally based in Japan, that is, paying a visit to Cydy and Australia and is understood that it's going to be taking place with America and a bunch of other ships as part of the Operation Talisman Saber coming up now. Right now, around forty five hundred sailors and marines are in town in Cindy. And I'll tell you what, if you meet any of them, have a beer with them. They are incredibly mostly young people doing a hell of a job and they will be, I have to say, potentially on the front line, very likely of any future conflict that breaks out in the Pacific. Now that's why I bring this up, because this visit here that is part of the close Australian American alliance represents this one which our own Prime Minister. However, Anthony Albinizi has been well rubbishing just a little bit lately for his own domestic political purposes. Recall what the Prime Minister said just the other day at the National Press Club in a sidelong shot at American values and the American President.
Speaker 18: And Australians voted against importing conflicts and ideologies that had no basis in our national culture or character. They rejected policies copied from overseas that would only leave us as smaller, narrower, less generous and more divided country. Instead, hour people chose to face global challenges in the Australian.
Speaker 2: Way, and we know exactly what he meant and who he meant by that.
Speaker 3: I don't think Albanezi was too concerned with Chinese Communist Party influence operations in Australia.
Speaker 2: No, he was talking about the US of A. Now, of course, after all that.
Speaker 3: I hope Donald Trump doesn't watch the Fress Club because the Prime Minister has jetted off to meet we presume, and I think it's now been confirmed on Tuesday, and this is going to happen meet with US President Donald Trump at the G seven where Australia's defense spending budget will surely come up. And it struck me as I was toured around the aircraft on this ship that I was on, including the F thirty five b's, which one aviator told me were like magic to fly, that they were so advanced that defense is now really for Australia the main game, the only game in town, given what's going on in the world. Yet it also strikes me that the nature of warfare is changing and we in Australia have to be ready in the past two weeks we have seen, of course, first Ukrainians launched an attack with drones that took out something like a third of Russia's nuclear capable long range bombers, and then Israel just in the past few days decapitated Iran's nuclear program as well as their revolutionary Guard, again with drones being a big part of the picture, and great for them, but let's remember the good guys don't always win, and the bad guys have access to the same technology. Because of the just the past two weeks, not just the past two weeks, but the past two years have shown us what the wars of the future will look like will look like for Australia as well. Stext generation of warfare driven by drones and other autonomous technology not necessarily launched from an air base or a carrier group means that even seemingly ragtag enemies can make a lot of trouble for relatively little cost. Just look at what's been going on in the Red Sea where I ran back who tie Rebels from Yemen have launched a harassment campaign on global shipping that is forced by some counts, nearly half of all container ships that would have once gone through the Red Sea to instead make their way.
Speaker 2: Around Africa at great cost.
Speaker 3: Now Australia too, guess what, We're incredibly vulnerable to this style of warfare. Before he died too young in twenty twenty three, X Major General turned senator Jim Molin, who many of you will remember well, would warn anyone who would listen, and we talked about it a lot that we needed to put our own jets under hardened shelters, anticipating exactly the sort of attack that devastated Russia's air force the other week. Yet for the most part, our planes do not still have these hardened shelters, while facilities like our over the horizon radar network appear as virtually undefended easy targets. Not only do we in Australia need to spend more on defense, but we need to spend smart to make sure we are not dealt out of the fight from the get go.
Speaker 1: Thank you, James. Now, let's speak to our former Republican candidate for California's thirtieth congressional district, Alex Balkin, who joins us now to bring us the latest live from La Alex. We've seen trouble for over a week now, have things finally cuibed down, Have they had their big peak with their No King's rally, and they're going to go home and go back to their jobs hopefully.
Speaker 19: Well, most of these people actually don't have jobs. They have an abundance of free time, which is why they can mobilize so quickly. Anytime anybody gets upset, it's unclear whether things will calm down because they get offended and get upset at the mildest thing, and so they're looking for a reason to revolt and vandalize property.
Speaker 4: Alex, We've seen that these protests go on, and.
Speaker 5: We've seen dramatic scenes from them, cars being set on fire, looting, and yet some of the media over there, a lot of the media seem to be describing them as peaceful, at least some of the guests describing them as paceful.
Speaker 19: That could not be any farther from the truth. They are not peaceful protesters. You can see that they are actually pounding on the pavement, breaking up piles of concrete to throw on cars. And there was a pretty contentious comment put on social media by one of the news reporters who said ninety nine percent of Los Angeles is safe and not in these conflict areas.
Speaker 2: I just want to give the example of my hometown of Glendale.
Speaker 19: We were targeted by these democratic socialist communist thugs because they wanted our city to cancel a contract that it had with the federal authorities for deporting illegal immigrants. And so as soon as they put a target on Glendale, our city council immediately canceled that contract. And so you have cities around Los Angeles, neighborhoods who are trying to Lilo because they don't want a target on their backs because they have been silenced into submission.
Speaker 2: Alex.
Speaker 3: I'd also point out, you know that ninety nine percent of Iran wasn't going to attack this week either, So maybe this person had a point. But seriously, though, you know, I watched these demonstrators and they seem to be part of the same group that when we spoke in La last year. You know, we're part of dragging down Los Angeles and turning it into you know, this sort of very separate sort of place to the rest of America.
Speaker 2: When I see all these Mexican.
Speaker 3: Flags and Salvadoran flags, it feels to me like, really, what the game plan here is to let California set its own immigration policy apart from the apart from the federal government, which is supposed to control things like immigration policy. How much of an actual sort of you know, practically almost insurrectionist and separatists vibe is there among these protesters because it seems like they simply don't want to obey Washington and a democratically elected president.
Speaker 2: Are they now questioning democracy?
Speaker 19: Alex Well, I just want all of your viewers to know that these people are part of a vocal, fringe minority. If you remember, in November during the presidential election, the two issues that were front and center were inflation because of government spending, and also illegal immigration. And a recent CBS News poll that came out last week, so that fifty four percent of Americans approve of Donald Trump's performance on illegal immigration. Fifty four percent is more than he got in the popular vote. So americans malaise with illegal immigration has only gotten worse. And I just want people to know that the majority of people, rational, reasonable individuals do not agree with unfettered illegal immigration and allowing people who commit crimes, vandalism, assault, drunk driving, people who are here illegally who break laws. The rational reasonable individual wants those people identified and deported.
Speaker 1: But we've got the celebrity class out in force. Apparently there were a few a least celebrities at the protest today, some Hollywood actors Susan Sarandon I think was anngst them. And we've had the likes of Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria, plenty of celebs, musicians, models, actors coming out or predictably on the side of illegal immigrants and demonizing ICE as essentially Nazis who are tearing people out and kidnapping them and deporting them to the countries. Is that going to have any sort of impact because we do have the very influential celebrity class in full force being activists in this area.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 19: No, their opinion matters, not at all, because right now what matters to people is the cost of living, is the electricity rates, is the gas taxes, and why we have to pay six dollars a gallon for gas when the rest of the country is paying less than three dollars a gallon. So all of these celebrities, these rich elitist celebrities who live in their bubbles, who are insulated from the problems that plague the everyday person. Their opinions don't matter.
Speaker 2: People aren't listening to them.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well, James, I'm wondering if Donald Trump will be just secretly hoping for these protests to continue on and on.
Speaker 3: Well I think so, because I'd love to get your view on this, Alex here, because you know, they do seem to play into the Republican's hand. But tell us also the what about Gavin Newsom in all of this? Because Gavin Newsom gave this big speech last week, you know, the New York Times said, oh, we finally have a leader for the Democrats. This is him setting up for the for the presidency in twenty twenty. But you know, Alex, how is that going to work? Because you said most Americans, you know again, the Democrats have picked the wrong side of this issue. Does Gavin Newsom have a prayer of taking his anti Trump, pro illegal message and that's what it is essentially, you know, on the national stage, or will he just get laughed off of it?
Speaker 19: I mean, he is choosing the wrong issue. If you're going to choose issues that matter to the average Californian, you don't choose this particular issue. Because, as I said, you have Californians who are buckling under the weight of higher taxes, higher gas prices, and poor social services. You know, we pay hundreds of dollars for registering our vehicles, but then the roads remain with potholes, and then you see that illegal immigrants are getting free services at the expense of legal immigrants and American citizens. So we are just kind of sitting back and letting them hang themselves with this rope. Because if you are the reasonable, rational individual who has everyday problems like high cost of living, like high taxes, when you see your elected officials investing this much efforts in people who are here illegally, people who commit crimes and should be deported. When you see that they're investing their efforts and energies in those people and not on us, that is simply a losing battle. And we're just going to sit back and watch them dig their whole deeper.
Speaker 1: Alex Belkin, thank you so much for your time. Don't go anywhere after the break our tertiary education system plagued with activists. Would I be looking into that.
Speaker 5: Good morning, you are watching Outsiders with your hosts James Morrow, Rita Panahee and I'm Caroline Marcus filling in for Roantine. Well, how did we get to the point where an academic feels entirely emboldened to brazenly call for the actual execution of a group of people. Since the October seven attacks in Israel, we've seen some of the most vile, extremist garbage from the people meant to be nurturing the minds of the next generation.
Speaker 4: This latest example.
Speaker 5: From Sydney University academic and palaestin in activist for had Ali surely takes the cake.
Speaker 4: Though, in what's become a very crowded field.
Speaker 5: The biologists tweeted this week f sanctions, I want Zionists executed like we executed Nazis. Despite the post being taken down by X for violating rules against violent speech, Ali doubled down, posting a screenshot of the now hidden post and tweeting violent speech. People are on this website every day celebrating.
Speaker 4: The burning of children alive.
Speaker 5: Don't tell me wanting to see these people hanged like the Nazis were.
Speaker 4: Postnuroberg is violent.
Speaker 5: Now, let's put aside the fact that precisely no one is celebrating the burning of children. The war and Ghaza, like any war, is absolutely devastating.
Speaker 4: It's simply some.
Speaker 5: Of us can grasp the ugly realities of a war started by a terror group who refuses to accept Seas five deals, release hostages and well surrender, but to call for Zionists to be executed hanged like the Nazis that in actuality Israel Is fighting seems like a clear cut incitement to violence. New South Wales Police is now investigating Ali, not the past investigations of others seem to go anywhere, and the University of Sydney has taken the rere.
Speaker 4: Step of standing him down.
Speaker 5: A spokeswoman telling the Daily Telegraph, We're deeply disturbed by comments made by one of our casual academic staff. We find them utterly unacceptable and we're taking immediate action, including suspending his employment pending further assessment. Now I'm still unconvinced that he will be properly dealt with. Maybe that's because the university's immediate response was to point out the post was made on Ali's personal account. Despite Ali describing himself in his bio as a Sydney Uni academic, he also calls himself an elder twink.
Speaker 4: But I think it's too.
Speaker 5: Early in the morning to explain to you what that gay term twink means. Let's just say it wouldn't go down well on the streets of Gaza. Fahad Ali has featured on the ABC, of course, as an organizer of the October nine rally in Sydney, which led to those at Borren scenes outside the opera house. He denied to the public broadcaster that gas the Jews had been chanted and claimed there was only a small group of troublemakers on the night we all saw the footage. And ten years ago, Ali, then a medical student at the university, was cleared by the University of Sydney for misconduct after interrupting a lecture by former British Army or Richard Kemp. Now, this university has a long storied history of doing precisely zilch when it comes to extremist academics, and they're inaction. Is how we find ourselves here today talking about one of their staff openly calling for the execution of Zionists, essentially the execution of Jews. Case in point, Joel Griggs, who's threatening posts to the Jewish organization the Australian Jewish Association. The university found concerning enough to refer to New South Wales Police, but not so concerning that they could sack him, because again they were made in a personal capacity. Griggs is someone who'd called for the hoy paloit to start, finally chopping off the heads of Sky News hosts Andrew Bolt, Peter Kredlin and I'm sorry reader, but outside is Rita Panahi.
Speaker 4: And in two then the senior.
Speaker 5: Lecturer, doctor Stuart Jackson, who tweeted in December, I rather think Palestinians don't wish death to all Jews, but in the current circumstances I would forgive the sentiment. Now, after a five month investigation the un the university finally informed again the Australian Jewish Association, which had raised its concerns with him, that nothing would be done. They said it was determined to process on the basis that doctor Jackson made the post in his personal capacity.
Speaker 4: But things may soon start to change.
Speaker 5: Not only has the response to fajad Ali's bile been stronger than the university had shown in the past, a new call case I can reveal will challenge its lack of meaningful action on this issue in the first class action lawsuit to tackle campus anti semitism filed in the Federal court on Friday afternoon. The lawsuit intends to confront the growing issue of hate speech on university campuses, ensuring accountability for speech.
Speaker 4: That incites harm.
Speaker 5: The case is being led by top barristers Adam Butt and Saul Holt Casey. Now Mister Bud successfully acted against the Victorian government and the public school Brighton's Secondary College in a landmark anti semitism case on behalf of five Jewish boys that was decided in twenty twenty three. The latest matter is brought by a group of Sydney Universities Jewish staff and students against two of its highest profile anti Israel academics, doctor Nick Reimer and Professor John Keene. They're accused of discriminating against Jewish people on the section eighteen C of the Racial Discrimination Act. Among the many offensive posts, doctor Raimer tweeted the day after the October seven attacks, no progressive should feel the need to publicly condemn any choices by the Palestinian resistance. Doing so just adds to the perception that their cause is unjust.
Speaker 4: The Palestinian resistance, of.
Speaker 5: Course, being the depraved her Mass Bavarians who raped, murdered and took hostage more than a thousand Israelis.
Speaker 4: Yeah them.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, Professor Kean shared this image of green flags looking very much like the harmass flags to his ex account on the day of the October seven attacks. He since claimed, oh no, they were just some innocent green flags. The university's vice chancellor, Mark Scott has already admitted he let down Jewish students and staff, and his handling of the longest pro Palestinian encampment of any Australian university admission doesn't mean a whole lot when he's rewarded with a one hundred and fifty thousand dollars pay rise, pushing his salary above one point three million dollars a year. Maybe, just maybe this case will be what the university needs to truly wake up to the hatred they've allowed to fester right under their noses.
Speaker 1: Great work there, Caroline, and this is so widespread. You've got Sydney UNIB but there are so many universities across the country where the hostility, the hate towards Israels, towards Jewish students is just completely unacceptable, and it's wider than that. Don't think it just impacts the Jewish community. Because you want to be a conservative on a university campus in Australia, good luck to you. There are so many who are self censoring and hiding what they think who they are because it's become this ugly, hostileic chimba.
Speaker 2: That's not just Australia's around the world. I mean, you know, go to Harvard University.
Speaker 3: You know, you remember a couple of years ago when they called up the heads of the major universities before Congress and none of them could answer any questions about anti Semitism. But the anti Semitism thing, you know, yes, it's very bad, but this is all in out growth. You remember the whole cancel culture thing that started years and years ago and had been allowed to simmer and incubate and finally boil over in the wake of October seventh.
Speaker 2: You know, this didn't happen in a vacuum.
Speaker 3: This is years, if not decades, of intellectual dishonesty and university administration administrators count howing to hard left elements who then once they take over these departments, then they use diversity criterion to set up ways to exclude anybody who doesn't think like them. The whole thing where when professors apply to become professors at universities, they have to sign these things called diversity statements, which are essentially oaths to support the politically correct hard left line. Now, Donald Trump, of course, has taken all the universities, particularly of Harvard, on a lot of this, and I think rightly so mostly. And the thing is is that Harvard on the global or annual index of Free Speech at universities, ranks dead last. It is the worst university for free speech. So yes, it's an anti Semitism issue, but it's a speech issue. It's a politics issue, it's.
Speaker 5: An ideology issue. And to your point, I mean, cancel culture led to this. But ironically, these academics who are now essentially calling in this case for the execution of Jews, I mean, they are among the most uncancellable, sheltered workshop of people.
Speaker 4: Of course, in the world. Nothing tends to happen to that.
Speaker 2: But where does this all end? Where is this all that? I mean?
Speaker 3: You know, like my question for every situation is always what comes next? What comes next? And you know, all of these hard left university academics, whether the people like you're talking about, Caroline, were the ones who've got Harvard, who have got all these other leftist canceled called Harvard.
Speaker 2: What happens.
Speaker 3: What happens, though, is that all of a sudden, suddenly these universities find that they have no support based left and the humanities, all of these subjects, they're all going to die out. These people are going to kill off the universities like a cancer.
Speaker 1: Well, it's this is why I brought up what's happening in Australia and beyond the anti Semitism, because in the US you've got Donald Trump and he's actually tackling this issue very aggressively, particularly when it comes to Harvard. It's imposed all sorts of funding carts, all sorts of restrictions on students that can have so he is actually taking action.
Speaker 4: We don't have.
Speaker 1: Anything like that in Australia, even when we've got conservative governments in place. Caroline so reluctant to tackle this issue in any sort of meaningful way, and that's why I think in many ways we're a lot worse off than what we're seeing in the US, because there is at least a resistance there. There is an ideological debate here. We've got this just group think and it's all in the very wrong direction.
Speaker 4: There's a group thing.
Speaker 5: And as you're right, very right, the opposition, the coalition has been scared to fight a cultural war.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not a cultural war.
Speaker 5: These are basic values of Western democracy and they're afraid to uphold.
Speaker 3: You know what, it is a cultural war. It's a cultural war from the left. The left always it filtrates every institution. They try and destroy every institution, and then you know, they try and create the whole sorty idea that this is normal, this is a new normal. Now we all say, well, the countries everywhere, now we teach our kids to hate the country.
Speaker 2: Now we do this, Now we do that. And then it's only when you push back, Hey, that's a cultur war. A culture war. Go back to the cost of living.
Speaker 3: And it's like what I always say, though, what I always say about the cultural war, and conservatives that need to hold their spine on this.
Speaker 2: Moderates need to get with the program.
Speaker 3: But the thing is is that you know, you want the free market stuff, right, you want the economy, you want the capitalism I want to I'll get that. I'm for that and all of that, but none of that's going to exist if everybody winds up becoming culturally socialist. This whole idea that you're going to have people are going to be culturally left and economically right, this is a fiction and it actually doesn't work.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't work, and it's something Donald Trump recognized very early. He has always leaned into these cultural issues, and a lot of the polling shows that though inflation and the immigration crisis were enormously important, it was the culture war issues that really won him the election. With independence. Let's hear now from President Donald Trump, who spoke earlier at the two hundred and fifty anniversary of the military.
Speaker 10: America stands to America stands proud, and America stands free.
Speaker 4: Were the hottest country in the world right now.
Speaker 10: Our country will soon be greater and stronger than ever before.
Speaker 1: How triggering, triggering, no kings, no kings. It's been fascinating to Zee. I don't know if he's just lucky that his opponents continuously behaves so stupidly, or whether there's a bit of thinking behind it. James, and and he knows how they're going to react. So he leans into these issues. But this two hundred and fifty year anniversary of the military and the way he's marked it, the honor he's put onto the military. Did he know the left was going to do with the actually and now they've come out against the people who risk their lives to serve their country. People are saying these scenes are reminiscent of North Korea. It's triggering, it's it's frightening.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, no, No, First of all, this has actually been and I was watching Silver before we came to air.
Speaker 2: This is a really cool parade.
Speaker 3: It's been a historical look at you know, all the every way that America has fought from the revolution of today. Educational too, and look as a military history buff, it's great. I love seeing the cavalry. I love seeing the old tanks. I love seeing the old jeeps. I love the old uniforms. I love that stuff.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Here's you want Donald Trump's key Here. What he does is he thinks to himself, what's something that the left hates? And then he celebrates it. So all he asked to do is think, right, what is the left? What's coming up here on the counter.
Speaker 2: I look it. It's flag day.
Speaker 3: It's also my birthday is very special birthday and birthday prison Trump. And then you know, he says, let's have a big parade for it, let's celebrate it. And everybody goes thoughts and he says, what's wrong. It's the military. We love the military. And then Trump gets the reflected glory.
Speaker 2: It is so simple.
Speaker 3: And it's amazing that after ten years of this Donald Trump or doing this, that the left hasn't figured out that thinking walking into his trap every single time, like Charlie Brown with the football every time Lucy holds it up for them.
Speaker 1: And just as remarkable that our own conservative politicians in this country haven't worked out how you can actually appeal to people who are on the fence, who are politically apathetic, who it drives me crazy. They just pay zero attention to what's happening in the UK, what's happening in the US, and how they could actually learn from that and reach a new group of voters. Now we're going to go to a quick break and we come back. We're going to go to Washington, d C. With Hudston Institute's Senior Fellow Michael Doran more on Israel and Iraq. Welcome back. Hudson Institute's senior fellow, Michael Doran joins us now live from Washington this DC. Michael tell us what we can expect next in the Israel Iran conflict. Is this the worst of it or is it matter is going to escalate further?
Speaker 16: Well, first of all, Hello, great to see you, and great to be back.
Speaker 20: I think that we're going to see at least several more days of fighting, maybe even longer. I don't see any any quick into this unless the Iranians capitulate to Donald Trump's demands that they dismantled their nuclear program. The Israeli has achieved unbelievable successes in the first couple of days. They decapitated the Iranian military leadership. They shut down, at least temporarily the Natans enrichment facility. They suppressed a lot of the Iranian ballistic missile fire that.
Speaker 16: We expected to see.
Speaker 20: They were The Israelis were hit by an Iranian counterattack, but it wasn't nearly as bad as as as some people expected. They have also killed nine or ten Iranian nuclear scientists, so I expected we're going to see this decapitition blow that they struck on the first day. I expect we're going to see a series of more decapitations. It's going to be kind of a continuous decapitation strategy, much like they carried out against his Bella.
Speaker 3: Michael, I want to ask you where this sort of goes next, because we have seen Israel threatened that if civilian populations were targeted, this would mean that they would go after oil production facilities on the Persian Gulf. And now we've also seen along with Tel Aviv, Central Tel Aviv being hit by some of these missiles, we've also seen Iran take shots at jet fuel refineries facilities around Haifa.
Speaker 2: Does Israel now have to go after these.
Speaker 3: Oil production facilities which where I guess I ran and get much of its rev you and does this threaten to then further widen the conflict between these two players in the region.
Speaker 16: Well, there were the Israelis are walking a line on on this.
Speaker 20: The the the stated goal of the of the operation is to end Iran's nuclear weapons uh UH program and to end the nuclear threat against Israel. But to achieve this, the Israelis are are threatening UH kind of implicitly sometimes a little bit explicitly, to decapitate the whole regime. When I said before there was a decapitation strategy, it's been a military decapitation strategy. But they are signaling that they would be willing to go further. And of course Prime Minister NATHANIAO is urging the Iranian people to uh to rise up. Tonight, they struck a they struck an oil depot in Tehran. That was that was a shot across the bow we do. We could go after your after your your your oil refineries, and take down your entire, you know, revenue producing part of your economy.
Speaker 16: They don't want to do that because they're afraid.
Speaker 20: First of all, I think the Americans have probably suggested to them or strongly urged them not to do that. That's been the American position before and the Biden administration. It wouldn't surprise me if it was also the Trump administration's policy. But there are also feared that the Iranians will retaliate not just by taking out energy infrastructure in Israel, but hitting the Saudi and the UAE infrastructure, closing the straits of Tehran, widening the front in order to pull the Americans in to shut down the war.
Speaker 5: Well, what do you think the likelihood is that the US will get.
Speaker 20: Involved to the latest reports out of Israel tonight are that the Americans are talking about possibly getting involved on the side of Israel to actually take out the four Doh site. This is the most deeply dug in fortified the nuclear facility of the Iranians. It's under a mountain, and the Israelis don't have the equipment necessary. That's a B two bomber and the and the massive ordnance penetrator, the big heavy bomb that can penetrate the fortifications. They need the American bomber and the and the American ordinance in order to do that. And at first the Americans were showing no inclination to get involved at all. But I think the Trump administration sees the enormous success of the early stages of the war and they there will be voices inside the administration will say that saying, you know, why don't we just help the Israelis finish the job. Finish the job not of destroying the regime, but of destroying the nuclear program. And the argument would be that if we got involved, we could do it much more in a much more speedy fashion and in a much more surgical fashion than the Israelis can do on their own.
Speaker 3: But Michael, then doesn't that take away any impetus for Iran not to escalate the conflict by hitting other American bases and so on. I mean, if it's going to become such an existential conflict for them, where then they don't have a nuclear program, and they're this close to being decapitated, why wouldn't they strategically just try and make this thing as painful as possible, particularly for Israel, which has already been fighting a war in Gaza for some time now, and is you know, I'm sure politically getting rather war weary itself.
Speaker 20: Well, they're making it as they're making it as damaging for Israel as they can. But Israel has stripped them of capabilities, and that's one of the remarkable successes of the war. The decapitition strategy was meant to discombobulate the Iranians right at the very beginning, and that bought the Israelis a window to then degrade their capabilities somewhat. They've also the Israelis now have pretty much a completely permissive environment or nearly permissive environment for their planes in Iran. Iran cannot touch them, and Iran is not able, how many is not able to send the numbers of ballistic missiles at Israel that he thought he was going to have. He thought that would be a great deterrence. But the Israelis are have managed to suppress a lot of the fire from Iran. That's a remarkable achievement, by the way, because these missiles are on mobile launchers that are that are very hard to spot. And if the Iranians try to escalate against the Saudis or against the Americans themselves, well then I think they would.
Speaker 16: Will just have doomed the regime.
Speaker 20: So they're they're in a really tight spot right now, the tightest spot they've been in since the creation of the Islamic Republic.
Speaker 1: Michael Duran, That's why we love having new on shop Analysis as always, Thank you so much for your time. We're just going to cross now alive to La. We've got some scenes. It seems the protests there have intensified and we've got police shooting non lethal rounds into the protesters. We've got some footage happening there. James, this is troubling because we don't want to see that. But then if you've got people who are being lawless, who are destroying public and private property, there's not much else you can do other.
Speaker 3: Than well, you know, the thing we've been in that I'm thinking about here is, you know, the whole dispute about should the LAPD be taking care of this or should you know, the National Guard or the Marias be taking care of it. Now, the thing that the Californians keep saying is, oh, well, the LAPD has this well in hand. The laped is capable of doing this. The LAPD is capable of putting down these protests. But I frankly don't think the California government and the Lost Airs government led by Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom, I don't actually think they have any political interest in forcefully properly putting these things down.
Speaker 2: So they'll let the LAPD fire off some smoke grenades and things like that.
Speaker 3: But you know, the political interest for the left government in California is to have these things keep festering because it looks like it's creating chaos for Donald Trump. It's a narrative, and we're seeing this spread through this no King's movement to other cities. There's a lot of other organizations and unions behind them. In many cases, many of the organizations that are helping to fulminate these conflicts are actually getting government funding. So it's quite you know, complex here, But I think that actually what we're seeing here. If those comps really wanted to end this, they could end it. But I don't think their bosses. They're doing a great job there, but their bosses are actually I think holding them back because for their bosses, more chaos for Donald Trump is what they want to see.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I want to say. And the lives of officers was put at risk. I think that's where there was an understanding that no, we do need the National Guard, and we actually do need the backup. And that's where the thoroughly hopeless mayor of La Karen Bass, actually did impose a curfew. But this is BLM two point zero. They did this back in their Summer of Love riots to try to paint this picture of chaos in Trump's America. It's their playbook, and I think this time Donald Trump's ready for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he is ready for it.
Speaker 3: He understood what they did in twenty twenty and reading you remember when we were in New York before that election and all the shops were boarded up because they expected that if Trump won, there was going to be rights the implicit violence, and.
Speaker 1: The Democrats won the boarding before came out.
Speaker 3: This is the implicit violence of the left, is that they use violence and the threat of violence to get their way because obviously they can't win on the argument. As we saw back in the election in November, what's happening here? Thougheople have even referred to this as a color revolution. You know, this idea that you create a kind of an alternative protest moving under a flag. It went from the Palestinian flag to the Mexican flag. Now, which is great because anything flag, but the.
Speaker 1: Americans very similar. But can I just go to a sheriff down in Florida, the red state of Florida. Uh, this is how you handle protesters. You won't have to have to see these scenes if you had this attitude from the start. We've got the grab. We're going to get that a grab very shortly. But it's I think it's instructive that these protests are happening predominantly in blue cities. So they're happening in La San Francisco, Chicago, New York. Obviously there's more lefties in those cities, but also law enforcement often has its hands hid behind their back. Not in Florida.
Speaker 21: If you resist law florders, you're going to jail. Let me be very clear about that. If you block an intersection or a roadway in Brevard County, you are going to jail. If you flee arrest, you're going to go to jail tired, because we are going to run you down and put you in jail. If you try to mob rule a car in Brevard County, gathering around it, refusing to let the driver leave in our county, you're most likely going to get run over and dragged across the street. If you spin on us, you're going to the hospital and in jail. If you hit one of us, you're going to the hospital and jail and most likely get bitten by one of our big beautiful dogs that we have here.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump about him.
Speaker 2: Mutile dogs, don't we people?
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We've got some saying some of the craziest scenes from these protests coming up after this break welcome back and watching out and We've seen these protests throughout the week. They're still going on today, and James, we've got scenes of a woman who single handedly thought she could stop a truck. Let's have a look, any help.
Speaker 15: Now, man, don't.
Speaker 2: Tell me, don't yell me, don't.
Speaker 4: Tell can you know me?
Speaker 1: Sorry? But the comedy there, Caroline throwing away the glasses, the mask that had don't kill me. Just get away from the truck. You obviously you know it's going at very low speed. Just go left.
Speaker 4: I think she was hoping.
Speaker 1: Actually, she wanted to be going to be she wanted to happen, she wanted to have her moments.
Speaker 4: And then when it took off, she was screaming.
Speaker 5: Without her still attached to it, she was screaming, I love you to the presumably I don't know the trollegal immigrants inside. I'm not sure who was being carried there, but yeah, it was deranged.
Speaker 3: So this is the whole thing, you know, Like, so this took place in New Jersey, right, Okay, So this is some sort of demonstration and all of these demonstrators are popping up, and you've got these activist groups that you know, get everybody together to try and stop the enforcement of federal law, so of course is basically insurrectionary and all of that. But because they don't like the results of the election, of their fighting against that, so I guess they're questioning democracy people.
Speaker 1: Now, Yes, yes, this is incredible. There's one riot that the Democrats have not liked in the last ten years, and that was the one on January sixth, So they tried to blow up into some sort of insurrection. But we're seeing these scenes daily, including just violent uprisings. I shouldn't joke because we've just had actual violence occur against elected officials out The language Caroline from so many Democrats is so inflamed and hyperbolic, likening Donald Trump to Hitler. Eric Swowell did that again in the past twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we're talked about before Tim Waltz asking Democrats supporters to become more fierce angrier. We've seen Bernie Sanders come out and make comments to the same effect, and I think if it was the other way, the double standard is such that we'd already have think pieces before we know even the.
Speaker 1: Full motivations she's reacting.
Speaker 5: It's been whipped up by the Republicans, but we're not hearing it.
Speaker 3: It's the violence has always come from the left, is always glorified left since the French Revolution. But the last year we've seen the whole thing with Luigi Vanjoni and the glorification of the guy who killed allegedly that you healthcare CEO.
Speaker 1: This is you know, absolutely let's have another example of it right here.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: I can tell you if that was a Democrat politician who had two assassination attempts against him that we know about, that we know about, we wouldn't have that being presented as just a bit of fun and.
Speaker 3: Frovolation and having the kids going out there and being encouraged to go and have a big whack at the president.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, this is just worse than a joke.
Speaker 3: Here. This is again the violent left doing what it's doing and transmitting its hate to the next generation.
Speaker 1: Well, Donald Trump is up to this challenge this time. This is such a dramatically different administerstra from the first time around. Now, that's it for us, but you'll see us throughout the week on Sky News. I'll see you Monday to Thursday at eleven pm for the Rita Pannekey Show. Friday, we've got the whole team, Rowan Dean, James Morrow, myself, and we'll be back here Sunday and Rowan Dean will be back. But that's all for this week. Up next is Ross Greenwood with Business Weekend. Thanks for joining us.