Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show. Hey, welcome to World Kindness Day, Jack.
Speaker 2: Hello, Queen of kind Christy Swan.
Speaker 1: How are you every day? Is well? Kind of stay for me, but get out there and do something kind for somebody. And maybe we could start by really having a moment's silence for everybody that would have been counting down the days to a Bali holiday only to realize this morning that their flight was canceled. And I have very intimate knowledge of this because my sister had shouted her son a gorgeous holiday in Bali together to celebrate the end of year twelve. He's just finished.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me they were flying out today this morning.
Speaker 1: And I know, and I was so excited for them both. You know, of course we're twelve. My god, what a struggle the whole time looking forward to this day.
Speaker 2: It's the light at the end of the tunnel. If there's anything.
Speaker 1: They would do to fly out this morning and they are still here, and I just can't imagine the disappointment.
Speaker 3: Oh God, all I could think of when I saw the headline this morning was how happy you would be if you were there and weren't able to come home.
Speaker 1: God, if the tables are turned and you have to find more accommodation for seven days because of a volcanic ash cloud.
Speaker 3: Bring it on, hey, before three o'clock we'll be playing Chrissy's Christmas Moments. We have one thousand dollars worth of Westfield gift cards to give away. But next it's time for Mystic Chrissy to read your mind thineteen twenty four to ten if you would like to be her client today and when a VIP spec Saver is voucher.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. Gosh, we've had some amazing concerts in this country this year, haven't we.
Speaker 2: I know Paul Lived fallen on the stage.
Speaker 1: I know everyone seems to be falling down, but not this lady Speke Savers is helping Chrissy with her mystical I should have gone to Speck Savors. Christy, you know I went to Specsavers. This is Chrissy talking now, not Mystic. Mystic's not in the room yet.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I went to Specsavers for my new looks. I got a few four or five pairs, but this these are my favorites, the brown I keep on going back to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're great, They're great and are they? They're somewhat like circular.
Speaker 2: How would I describe?
Speaker 1: They're an aviator? But they're cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really vibe them.
Speaker 1: I love them all right?
Speaker 3: Can you please leave Christy Swan and welcome in mist it Chrissy.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, I'm here in the room. I've got a Lanna on the phone.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, Chrissy.
Speaker 1: Why do I see a cow neck top gold lah mate? Sale of the Century?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: That is very no, not me.
Speaker 7: I would never.
Speaker 1: Did somebody you know, go on Sale of the Century or a big game show?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Like I had an audition for Deal or No Deal about ten years ago.
Speaker 1: That's what it is, Yes, because I've written down Sale of the Century. It's a game show. Money is involved?
Speaker 2: Deal or No Deal? Was that Andrew O'Keefe.
Speaker 9: I can't remember, Actually it was so long ago it was.
Speaker 1: I wonder what he's up to now?
Speaker 2: Should be cross to him?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's allowed. Okay. So I see the word enchanted, and that means that you're either like a Taylor Swift fan, old school Taylor Swift fan.
Speaker 6: She's probably the only concert I didn't want to go to this.
Speaker 2: Year that's gotten mystic offside on world time story.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of why I can see enchanted, then enchanted the word enchanted gardens?
Speaker 2: Do you have gardens around you? Like an enchanted garden?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: Stop it, I'm a horticulturist.
Speaker 1: That's it. Enchanted. Yes, that's what it is. You believe, Alanna, that you there is no point in voting, because what is it? What difference does it make? You're a bit apathetic politically.
Speaker 8: I feel like we are actually in a therapy session.
Speaker 6: Now, this is quite accurate.
Speaker 1: You want to medal in school and then you never want anything ever.
Speaker 6: Again, did you look in my like phone or like look me up beforehand?
Speaker 7: Because again, I don't win anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, I tell you what. You're going to win something in a few minutes. Don't you worry. When you were a kid, you were famous for saying, I'm bored.
Speaker 6: No, not at all. No, I was one of four, I'm the youngest. I was never bored.
Speaker 1: I was the youngest of three. I was always bored.
Speaker 3: But Alana clearly loves like the garden and stuff, so I feel like she's easily entertained.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, one last hit, mister chrissy.
Speaker 1: You like burly guys and you have one unique physical element like a third nipple, or an eleventh toe, or a little bobble on your ear.
Speaker 3: No, no, I have nothing at all like that.
Speaker 6: Good try, though that was very close.
Speaker 1: A lot of it. Take all of your clothes off and look in the mirror because you're going to find something that you've never seen before.
Speaker 10: Right now, I should take my clothes off right now.
Speaker 4: This sounds all of bit Weinstein, But yes, you have one of vip specs, Savor's vouch for one pair of glasses or sunglasses and two hundred and fifty dollars cash in because you love the garden and stuff.
Speaker 3: What's your take on this corpse plant? Everyone's losing their mind over in Melbourne.
Speaker 10: Oh, I've heard it is amazing to look at, but disgustingly horrible to be near because of the spell.
Speaker 1: And I'm boring to hear about what the uber drivers fit that description as well. The Chreasy Swan Show one Pass is now available at Priceline Pharmacy and Sister Cob members are getting exclusive access to boosted perks. Start your free thirty day trials today.
Speaker 10: Learn more at priceline dot com today u Slash one Pass tacuse eligibility criteria and exclusions apply.
Speaker 1: The Chriasy Swan show. I have got a problem. I've got a problem with it.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say that now.
Speaker 1: I've got a raft of problems, but I'm just going to highlight one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I am a master procrastinator. Okay, when there is something that I don't want to do or I feel that I can't do, I've realized I put a whole lot of other things in front of that so that I'm too busy to get to the thing to do the thing. The thing that I'm going to talk about is simply paying a bill that is now overdue. But for some reason, it's hard for me because it means I have to open up my banking app and put in a new BSB and a new.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a lot, even I'll admit, that's a lot of admin adding a new contact.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: It's not like you can just you can't just go to your email and select pay bill like I do with my normally.
Speaker 1: That's exact, that's exactly right. I can't because it's.
Speaker 2: A new bill provider, Okay, And.
Speaker 1: That is all it takes for me to put a thousand things in front of it, and I wrote a list of what I put in front of this bill. Wow, before I paid it. Okay, I made twenty four containers from scratch of green curry and yoky bake spaghetti bolonnaise and a Malaysian red.
Speaker 3: Curry that requires is so much more effort than just adding a contact on it.
Speaker 1: I didn't think. I didn't say it made sense. Then I realized all of that had to go into the freezer. I cleared the deep freeze, and then I wrote all the contents of what I had on my roly paper ball so that I could see it. Then I looked around and I saw that my birthday flowers were still there and thriving sort of. So I pulled them all out of their vases, trimmed them, and then divided them into like flowers.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. How good when birthday flowers last too?
Speaker 1: These ones are so good, and I've really trimmed them hard to put them into shorter vases.
Speaker 2: New lease of life.
Speaker 1: Then I was avoiding, still paying the bill, and I walked past my table and I thought, oh, yes, that tablecloth needs a good wash.
Speaker 4: I washed that.
Speaker 1: Then I vacuumed all the bedrooms, and I realized that the vacuum was too heavy. I didn't like it. So then I googled the best heavy duty yet lightweight vacuum cleaner and I found one.
Speaker 2: Did you find one?
Speaker 1: Found one? Seventy percent off for Harriscar, Oh beauty. Then I walked around the front yard taking pics of where the flowers had died, where the plants had dyed, all the missing and dead pops.
Speaker 3: And I'm watching a scene of caf day Night, just walking around her house trying to fill her day.
Speaker 2: That's all I can say right now.
Speaker 1: It was it's never ending. Then, so I've taken all those photos. Then I took you know how you can say what flower is that? Or what plant is that? So then I found out what the plants are called, and then I made an inventory of the plants that I need to fill in the hole.
Speaker 2: Is it flower Shazam?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's called what plant is that?
Speaker 2: And you literally take a photo.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's sick, it's amazing. Wow, Yeah, it's really fun. That killed a lot of time.
Speaker 2: That would because you've got like some proper plants in your garden.
Speaker 1: That's right. Then I finally ordered a rinse a plug for the top of my for my dish.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm drawing the lighter, rowing a line here. Did we ever pay the bill?
Speaker 1: Not yet? Jack, help me, Help me The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show. I just put into a sandwich and I thought it was a chicken schnitzel and it turned out to be a hashbrun and I was disappointed. And I'm I can't believe that on World kind of State, I made that mistake. I'm generally very happy to see a hashbrown, but I don't want it in a salad sandwich.
Speaker 3: I can see one outside. There's another chicken shnity. I just had the chicken shnity one and it's really thick, good chicken.
Speaker 1: We will right this wrong.
Speaker 2: As part of World Kindness Day. I will go out and fetch it for you. Now, you're the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you from Effective music and Magan Movies. That's what it feels like. Christmas, discover more reasons to love this season at Westfield is a local center today Christmas. I mean, look, it is fast approaching. I am, but I have started a note in my phone about Christmas presents, and I've started stocking up my gift cupboard.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, that's very like organized for someone like as you just confessed you're a procrastinator.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, I am. I can't like put a finger on what I am because I'm also very well planned but also hopeless.
Speaker 2: I guess these gifts though they're for others. So you're good at that.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh, that's right.
Speaker 2: Whereas paying to be able to keep the lights on for you and your family not so good?
Speaker 1: Very difficult.
Speaker 2: Hello Nicole, Hello, how are you good? How are you you?
Speaker 1: Are you a Christmas person? Is it your time to shine?
Speaker 5: I can be sometimes?
Speaker 1: Well I hope you are this year, because God knows we need a celebration. Now, what is your quirky Christmas tradition?
Speaker 5: Every year we make Grandma play fine the mince pie.
Speaker 1: I mean I automatically go to how this game could turn mean and make Grandma question her sanity. You keep looking for a Grandma, but you haven't hidden it anyway for weeks for the mince pot.
Speaker 5: We found one under the couch at her house like four months after Christmas one year, and so now it's kind of this thing where we try and see who can flip it under without grandma noticing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so is it always under the couch?
Speaker 11: Nick?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, poor lady, poor woman.
Speaker 1: Did you have to get down on all fours to really get under there and find it? Yeah? Oh my god, I love it. Well, I am thrilled to tell you the suf For sharing that Bonker's Christmas tradition, you have won one thousand dollars worth of Westfield gift cards.
Speaker 5: Well done, Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Please go and get her like a diamond encrusted mince the Chrissy One Show. Let's go click it Chrissy's click. See you what Martha Stewart looks like a frosty lady?
Speaker 2: She's hard, Yes, she's salty, like for somebody.
Speaker 1: That creates such beauty. She's so good at like beautiful food and interiors and like beauty is important. You would think that she would be more touchy feely.
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Because I agree with you, do you think maybe the persona we see of her, the public facing persona, is this like.
Speaker 2: Hard exterior, No, but deep down she's just a softy No. I think that this is her, This is her through and through.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think there I've got proof of it. She went Andrew Barrymore's show. Now, Drew Barrymore is a giant, softy, sooky, emotional, really in touch with her feelings, love touching others and also very very physically touchy feeling. She reminds me of somebody I know quite well.
Speaker 7: Me and.
Speaker 1: The two of them are like oil and water. Have a listened to this exchange that occurred Andrew Barrymore's show, What makes You Safting gooey?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 8: When you're treated like a lady someone someone comes in and you're the wrong gender, I know the way it's going with I'm so sure anymore. He's dressed inspired Martha.
Speaker 9: Come here, beauty dog.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she likes dogs, but she didn't like Drew coming up to touch her.
Speaker 1: Drew was touching her all over and she literally pushed her away and did a little flick.
Speaker 2: I love it. It was just the hand push.
Speaker 1: She touch me, and then she says something interesting, you're the wrong gender. I thought, Wow, you only like advances or you only like to be touched by men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's old school like that.
Speaker 3: Also, remember she was in prison, Like you've got to build up this hard EXTU like you've got to be able to protect yourself.
Speaker 1: I've got to watch that documentary.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: She also did a weird Drew Barrymore on that show did a weird thing where she went back to where Martha Stewart grew up. There was like a it's a town in New Jersey, and she got her to talk about, you know, nostalgic memories. And I think Drew was really trying to get her to be soft and human.
Speaker 2: And like her.
Speaker 1: And then inexplicably, Drew crossed to the town and like some old relations of Martha Stewart's was there. It was just so desperate to try and make Martha look nice.
Speaker 2: How did Martha react to that?
Speaker 1: Not great? She was like, what are we doing this?
Speaker 3: Martha's like, bro, I've ditched those people. I'm mate with Snoop now exactly.
Speaker 2: I've moved on.
Speaker 1: And it would have been about one hundred and fifty years since she'd been to that town. Anyway, what about this redded article? Let's move on. I dress up to the nines for my school run and my husband says, it's embarrassing. Please discuss.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are your thoughts? I I have two thoughts.
Speaker 1: I know that this is a thing. It is not a thing for me, and it probably is the reason why I stopped run the school run and the pickup.
Speaker 2: Because of people looking at you.
Speaker 1: Well, just it's so seeny sometimes and it's like, guys, we're just here to pick up our kids. This is not actually a big part of our day. That's my thing. That is the least important part of my day. And I felt weird because I dressed accordingly that it was the biggest part of some people's. Dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you do what, Sonny.
Speaker 3: Even in primary school, I still remember as a kid the one woman that was always at the school gate at.
Speaker 2: Three thirty waiting for her kid, looking bougie. Gail. Yeah, Gail was always.
Speaker 1: There, I must say. I do remember. There was this fabulous woman who used to come and pick up her kids. Her name was missus Long, Okay and Cheryl Long. And she had a big pile of red curls in like a big bee hive, and she would wear colorful moomours and she would have long lacquered nails and smoke out the driver's side window of like a vintage Mercedes Vibe. And that if I could do it.
Speaker 2: If you could do it like that, I would see. This is my thing. This also what a crap husband hanging on for that? Two things.
Speaker 3: A life's a runway. Walk it however you want, man, let someone do it. B This fashion for some people is like their creative expression. Some people draw some people. So some people like to dress well.
Speaker 2: And you don't.
Speaker 1: I know, I agree, and I think dressing well is wonderful and I one of these days I will I will start trying that out. But do you think it's I mean, I don't want to judge, but I think it is sad a little bit that you know that that is an event space a school where you don't go and you're there for five minutes to pick up your kids. I don't I don't think that that is an event. No, that's like, you know, putting on lip to fill up your car.
Speaker 2: We'll shout out to all those mums on World Kindness Day.
Speaker 1: Is the Chrissy Swan Show. Here we are back for our second hour on World Kindness Day. What have you done today? That's kind jack?
Speaker 2: What have I done today?
Speaker 3: I offered to pick up my housemate from the airport when he landed, but he said he didn't need to, he didn't need the lift, but I offered.
Speaker 1: That absolutely counts, and that is a big air face.
Speaker 3: I always offer if any of my mates are listening, I love doing airport runs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I like driving.
Speaker 1: What's your setup like? Do you slow down in a lane or do you park and meet them at the gate or what? No, I don't go that fast.
Speaker 2: I don't go that far, but I'll reverse in into the waiting bain and wait for them.
Speaker 1: Do you stop at Maca's first stop before you hit the highway.
Speaker 3: If it's my housemate Chris condos, absolutely What have you done for world kind I brought.
Speaker 1: In some carrot cake for my friend Rachel, who works right at the entrance of the of the building and we always say hello to each other. What else have I done? Oh my god, there's a oh. Last night on the project, I gave some shuk sugar to Walid and I do have the follow up. He sent me a photograph of him of his dinner that he had last night, which was the shuck sugar that I made him. And in a weird coincidence, this is why kindness is so magical. When I gave him the Shuck Shuker mix last night on set, Sarah said to him, this is such great timing because you were just saying you've got nothing for dinner because Susan is away.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then bang there it was his favorite shuck sugar.
Speaker 3: And I also loved your little kind Off your kindness roast with Robert Irwins.
Speaker 1: It's fun, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I know it was fun.
Speaker 1: It was a fun time.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking of Robert Irwin. He's going to be on this show next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, here, Julia Morris, because they've already announced that I'm a celebrity. Get me out of his returning to the January time time.
Speaker 1: I'm so such a great time slot for us.
Speaker 3: It is, hey next three ten, It's a great time slot for Chrissy's Quizy thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: If you would like to win a limited edition bum bag the Chrissy.
Speaker 1: Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show, I've got a bum bag and I'm not afraid to give it away. Chrissies Quizzy. Here we are. Jack's here, I'm here, Emma's here.
Speaker 7: Hello, Emma, Hello, How are you going good?
Speaker 1: You're about to go to the post office, one of my favorite places on earth.
Speaker 6: Yes, I missed the delivery today, so I'm very excited for it.
Speaker 2: What's in the parcel? M?
Speaker 6: It's a dressed for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Gal, what you're doing?
Speaker 5: I'm going on a.
Speaker 7: Hidden Bark crawl Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Hidden Bark Crawl.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like all the hidden bars.
Speaker 2: That's fun and Melbourn's got a lot of great ones.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's one behind a secret door or something named after a woman I can't believe what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, state of Grace is it?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Yeah, that sounds fun, Emma, hype it fits Hope the dress fits me too. Have you got a backup? M?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's meant to come tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The next day I got all right.
Speaker 6: Hello Vanessa, Hi, I feel so boring after hearing that.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that was a very interesting weekend coming up for Emma. Do you have anything to compare, by the way, I certainly do not say you're in good company?
Speaker 6: Well no, so I have a toddler twolve year old, I'm sick, and I have a whole heap of laundry.
Speaker 2: To catch up on.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that sounds like my life.
Speaker 2: Way to bring the mood down, Vanessa, let's all.
Speaker 1: Live vicariously through Emma. All right, girl, your names are your buzzeres. It's the best of five, meaning the first person to get three answers great wins the game. It's going to get this bum bag. Question number one flights to and from Barley Emma, yees, Emma because it's the volcano. Correct Question number two? Which company has the tagline? Should have gone to Emma? Yeah, Semma?
Speaker 2: Correct Question number three.
Speaker 1: This is for the win m Five years ago today, this song Everything I Want to It was released, butever yes, Vanessa, bill it is Billie Eilish. This is one of Jack's.
Speaker 2: Favorites, one of my funeral songs.
Speaker 1: If you were her, who doesn't, She's amazing.
Speaker 2: Everything I Wanted is my favorite Billy Elish song by far. It's super depressing.
Speaker 1: I just wonder why you would play that at your funeral, though, because surely everything you wanted wasn't to be dead.
Speaker 2: No, but it's a nice way of saying thank you for being here.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 3: I'm brown bread, but I got everything I wanted, Like I lived a good for field, nice life. Have a martini on met it. Question number four, We've got two points to Emma, one point to Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Today is world, Yes, Vanessa, it is. What kind of day? I hope you're doing something to celebrate, even if it's just looking after yourself.
Speaker 2: Question number five for the win for either of you, ladies.
Speaker 1: What animal breeds through its bottom?
Speaker 6: But whatever?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Ess sir, Oh, I got it one blank. No, that's an animal.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a turtle. Oh is an interesting? Okay? What is still the tiebreaker? Girls? What is the name of Elvis Presley's Memphis home? Emma, Yes, Emma. For the wind, it is Graceland. Now, Emma, if this dress doesn't fit, or even if it does, you're gonna look a million bucks through the Christy swee. An addition, bum hack strapped to your waist.
Speaker 2: Emma, whatever you do, do not wear that out on the secret Bark.
Speaker 5: No, I definitely was.
Speaker 2: Emma's a vibe and she chic I can tell.
Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan show. Yesterday we met Jenna and we had a chat with the Everything was going great, and then I, of course asked a question that probably didn't make any sense to her. She joins us again. Hello, Jenna, Hey, Chrissy, So I said to you, oh, we love your act. I think I said where are you from originally? Or Jack said I love your accent.
Speaker 2: I think I said, I love your accent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but I'm from Sydney, Australia, Jermside.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And we were like, and you said, this happens all the time, and what is your explanation.
Speaker 6: It happens about five times a day and it's been happening since I was at the age of five years old. But I do have an accent and it's from watching too much American TV.
Speaker 1: I loved hearing that because my son is thirteen and he's always spoken with an accent. He doesn't sound like anyone else in the family. He pronounces words in the American way, like us tomato, and it's not he's not putting it on. That is how he talks. And I've always wondered where it came from.
Speaker 3: Have you asked kid about this, like, have you you guys disgusted? Or is it just sort of goes unspoken?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean we have and he doesn't know where it's come from either. He calls me mom and spells it mom Jenna, like I need to can you say a long sentence so our beautiful listeners can get a handle on your accent. Just say, just say a long sentence for me.
Speaker 2: So, how are you going today? I'm really excited to be here?
Speaker 6: How are you going today? I'm really excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds sort of Australian, but there are definitely twangs in there that are at the start.
Speaker 6: Yeah, our words definitely yeah reboots looking at things in my classroom that have ours in it. So, Jenny, it gets stronger. Actually, fun fact, it gets stronger if I'm intoxicated. Really, yeah, I want Sometimes I make it up and pretend I am American, and people believe.
Speaker 1: Would see when you say the word American, you sound properly American. I just want to give a shout. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Do you have an explicable, inexplicable accent, because we're dying to hear from you, Jenna. Did you have any hearing problems go with me here when you were little.
Speaker 6: No, no hearing problems. I mean my mom would say selective hearing. Not that a doctor has diagnosed, but my mom, I definitely do have selective hearing.
Speaker 1: Jenna, You've definitely got an accent. I can hear it so clearly.
Speaker 2: Do your you're a teacher, do your students pick up on it?
Speaker 6: Yes? That would every single every single one I have. Like when I worked at a primary school, six year olds would ask me my accent and I would I would be like, what are you hearing, Jenna?
Speaker 1: Do you are your parents from Australia or do they have an accent that you might have picked up?
Speaker 6: They're both Sydney as well, but my younger brother.
Speaker 5: Also has the accent because they both span.
Speaker 6: Out childhoods in front of The Simpsons in American TV.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable. And that is my theory too. With Kit, he couldn't hear for the first two or three years of his life, like and then when he could and where he could hear a little bit, but he would watch a whole lot of Telly and I think that that's where he learned to talk.
Speaker 2: Did he watch the Simpsons too, No, he.
Speaker 1: Watched something else he watches. Yeah, I mean probably not the Simpsons when he was that little, but a lot of American television.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they all turn out like little Simpsons.
Speaker 3: Twenty four ten. Do you have an inexplicable accent thirty twenty four ten. We'll give you a prize for telling you.
Speaker 1: I have another famous one. I'll tell you in a sec the chrissiest one. And we're talking about inexplicable accents. My son's got one. I thought of a famous one. Josh Thomas, the actor.
Speaker 2: Does he not have an accent?
Speaker 1: When I first heard his accent, I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was an accent.
Speaker 1: He's born and bred in Brisbane. He is an Australian guy. He should speak like us, but he speaks with that accent. And even he doesn't know where it comes from.
Speaker 2: I always assumed he was Irish. Would that be the No, he's not.
Speaker 1: No, he's like Jenna our listener.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so interesting.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting and he can't hear it either. So when he first became famous, everyone's like, oh, where's that accent from? He goes, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You feel like you're going mad?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but his is very clearly very thief too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten. Do you have an inexplicable accent?
Speaker 1: Mel Your grandson has one? Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, He's been watching YouTube Kid Kids.
Speaker 6: And Poor Patrol and he tends to have this accent, and he comes out with certain words and you're like, where did that come from?
Speaker 1: Does he call certain things the American version of it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, and like sodas he calls so soft drink soda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so does my son here.
Speaker 6: The first time he said it was like, where did that come from?
Speaker 1: It almost feels like it's are like a previous life situation in some way, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like I use the word or like people in my generation as well my age, the word literally. I feel like I've picked up from watching too much Like cut ash is a reality TV.
Speaker 2: I think so too, because it's I catch myself using it.
Speaker 1: And particularly the way you enunciate every syllable literally.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Most people say literally, I'm literal, but literally you say literally exactly for email, hushan tell hello, tell me about your inexplicable accent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it is not me.
Speaker 10: My seven year old daughter has quite a thick American accent. I and not only her accent, but just like the words like the last caller, so you know, rubbish is trying.
Speaker 1: Flash, Yeah, Lolly is like can candy?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, candy, but not only my daughter. So my I've got an eighteen years just nearly the car. I have an eighteen year old son, but when he was a toddler, I was actually really concerned because he started speaking in Spanish and I had no idea what was happening.
Speaker 3: I thought his.
Speaker 10: Speech was regressing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but hey, he was watching Dora the Flora and he started speaking Spanish.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, of course he was. At least he was speaking Spanish and not going back back.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't have been so terrified that he was. I just didn't know what he was saying. But we figured it out in the end, and yeah, speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: See You and I as similar in that we've both got children that seem to have picked up an accent from watching YouTube and television shows. I always felt like when I explained that to people, or if they gave me that theory, I just felt like the worst mother ever because that because the image you get is just this poor child not speaking to another human being and just sitting catatonic in front of the iPad, which was probably true. Yeah, but some kids seem.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, let's finish with Natalie A.
Speaker 7: Nat Hey, guys, hey going.
Speaker 1: Or what's going on with your Polish accent? Lady?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't even know where I've picked it up from because I've never been to Poland and I don't have any Polish friends. But my partner ex partner recorded me speaking Polish while I was asleep. What manyship?
Speaker 1: What the Polish language or just with English with a Polish accent?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, the Polish language everything? What ordering people around? It's like I had a past life and I was like in the army or something, and I was, yeah, it sounded like I was a lieutenant or someone high up, and I was ordering people to do stuff for me or do something.
Speaker 6: It was really bizarre.
Speaker 7: And I didn't believe him because he said, you sounds like you were talking in a foreign language. So I'm like, I don't even talk him my sleep, what are you talking about? And he's like, no, seriously, the next time it happens, I'm going to record you. Sure enough, I found out i'd speak Polish.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you still have those recordings? I would love to hear them.
Speaker 7: You'd have to speak to my ex fiancee. He's now over in la and Natalie.
Speaker 2: Is that the reason he dumped you because of the sleep talking?
Speaker 7: No, I would have dumped him logo.
Speaker 1: The Crissy Swan Show. Let's go click it.
Speaker 2: Chrissy's Clique.
Speaker 1: The new Bridge Jones Diary trailer has dropped, and we're going to talk about that. But first, let's let's talk about this weird, weird thing from Army Hammer's mum. Now, Armie Hammer is an actor. He suffered lots and lots of terrible headlines about his character and his predilection for eating other human beings. We don't even know if that's true, actually, but you know, rumors stick for a reason, I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, where this smoke this fire? I read Desmoir and there were a lot of messages sent in.
Speaker 1: Imagine if that was your legacy, right, like, oh my god, how do you ever get away from it?
Speaker 3: Then you come back from it and decide to launch your own podcast called Army Hammer Time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Anyway, and then not only do you have your own podcast called Army Have a Time, you invite your mom on it to divulge the weird present that she organized for you.
Speaker 9: I think you learned not to put stupid things in dms because no one was eaten, but you were stupid. And let's talk about what I gave you for your birthday this year?
Speaker 1: What did you get?
Speaker 9: I call Army and I go, Army, what would you like for your birthday this year? And he goes, oh, I don't know, you know, maybe money whatever. And I was like, I believe I'm going to give you a massect to me.
Speaker 1: Ye, wow, I no wonder he wanted money. Remember he made this big song and dance about selling his car that he last. Yeah, he has no money.
Speaker 2: Well, if mummy's paying for you for sect me at that age.
Speaker 1: That is deeply insulting, isn't it. That means that you I wish I hadn't had you, and I'm making sure.
Speaker 2: That he's already got kids.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he know? It's bizarre?
Speaker 2: Hey, she reminded me of the mum on the Menendez doco on on Monsters.
Speaker 1: That whole scenario gives me the ink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to a Bridget Jones. Have you seen all of the Bridget Jones diary film only the first? Okay, they are good. I love Renees Elwigger and the new film Bridget Jones Mad about the Boy We spoke to it. Spoke about it a few weeks ago because she grants in it, and he said he wouldn't have so find up for it unless it was a lovely role, and it is. The movie looks amazing. The trailer is good. Look it up, and the story covers off obviously. Rene Zeweger's character Bridget Jones marries Colin Firth's character Mister Darcy, and then he passes away, and the story starts when she is trying to get her life back together with two small kids being a widow. All her friends put her on the apps and stuff, which is tedious and predictable, and then she meets by chance, a very very young man in a park and they appear to get it on. You can call me rockstar pretones, but you can call her money. How old are you eight?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidd twenty nine? Do you miss that he sometimes?
Speaker 1: I miss him all of the times.
Speaker 2: Can you survive? I think so enough to survive?
Speaker 1: It looks so gorgeous, But please, there's a woman like that is going to be?
Speaker 2: What do you mean sweany?
Speaker 1: There is no way?
Speaker 2: Yes, there is is. Leo woodle he was on the White Load. Is He's great? Also great use of these words in the trailer.
Speaker 3: I notice that, Yes, Hey, Bridge Jones, the film it's not it's in cinemas in on Fed thirteen.
Speaker 2: That's actually not that far away, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but it feels like too far. I'm too far to tell you what If you do want to see a film where an older woman has relations with a younger man, the best I've ever seen was Emma Thompson in Good Luck to You, Leo Grand It is chef's kiss and believable because she pays him. The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Do you