Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale, I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing.
Speaker 1: Style boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable, catching them.
Speaker 2: Mut I love being love, I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head Out, we are discussing the topic of drinking whilst dating.
Speaker 2: We will also be discussing what is known as whiskey dick, and we'll share some good reasons why you shouldn't get blackout drunk on your next date.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned to hear how to make sure alcohol doesn't ruin your night. Where's Your Head Out is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Hey Matt, Hey everyone.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Where's your Head At? And I have some news to share. Well it isn't isn't good news, But it's not good news. No, it's not. So I've gone to the doctors for my routine health check. You know, they become a lot less common these days, I don't have enough time to get around them. But I was like, you know what, I'm gonna put some time aside. I went and did it. I got a blood test and it came back with that my liver has been spiked in some areas, so.
Speaker 1: You're a liver.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I asked the doctor, like, what does that mean. She said, let's get some more tests done, maybe an ultracent on your liver. Nothing to really stress about. But you know, me a bit of a worry wart. So I'm like, well, shit, that must be liver. That's drinking. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, isn't that like too much alcohol?
Speaker 3: Ma?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, if you ask my girlfriend Jen, she'd say it's too much alcohol. So I'm going to now stop drinking for a little bit and you know, just take some time off the bottle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you definitely should. Oh my god, I'm actually worried for you.
Speaker 2: Well, the doctor assured me, she said, it's nothing to worry about. I'm going to get a second opinion, take the results to another doctor, see what they say. But I feel like I should be okay. I mean, I'm not turning yellow all my eyes not turning.
Speaker 1: Yellows, I should be well, my fingers across for you.
Speaker 3: Speaking of drinking on the weekend, I had a very big.
Speaker 2: Nightmat Really, I don't think my liver would have handled it.
Speaker 3: If it definitely wouldn't have actually got blackout drunk. And I have not been blackout drunk for a really long time.
Speaker 2: So when you say blackout drunk, do you mean you don't remember anything from the night or you remember a little bit.
Speaker 3: Or oh, I definitely remember like the first three quarters of the night, and then the last quarter is just gone.
Speaker 2: It's always that drink that knocks it over. What was that drink that? Do you remember that much? At least?
Speaker 1: So look, I was out with the girls. We were having a girl's that.
Speaker 3: We haven't had a girl's night in a really long time. Like we've really struggled for some reason to just get everyone together. Our schedules are all over the place. Everyone's living in different areas as well. I feel like as you get older, people start moving, you know, out to the country, because like my friend just bought a house in Mornington, so obviously they're a little bit further out. And then I have a friend who lives in Berwick, but she is moving to Malvern soon. That's Amber, our producer, so I'm very excited to have her living closer. But anyway, everyone's kind of spread out, so it's harder to get everyone together.
Speaker 1: So it was our first night together.
Speaker 3: We were all a bit excited, and then we have like this issue in our group at the moment, and everyone got really emotional. This is like probably four hours into the night, so there's already alcohol running around. Yeah, there's alcohol running around, but I was obviously not having a big night because I just don't have big nights anymore. Then we all got a little bit emotional. And then because everyone was getting a little bit emotional, my remedy was we shots.
Speaker 1: To numb the pain naturally, yes.
Speaker 3: And so I went and got everyone tequila shots, and then from there we all went in turns doing rounds of tequila shots.
Speaker 1: And it just went so downhill so quickly, like.
Speaker 2: So, what's that five or six rounds of tequila shots?
Speaker 3: I think we did three to four, and then the memory is nothing.
Speaker 2: That's like a bottle of tequila between you all.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed to say it's actually gross and I haven't been binge drinking for a long time. So I think I used to be such a heavy drinker, which we'll touch on in a minute, And I think I thought I could keep up with my old standards of drinking, and I just cannot.
Speaker 1: Like it's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was the same like the last couple of times I've had a big night. I think I can drink like I used to when I was a kid, and boy, you find out the wrong way.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we got extremely drunk, and then the girls actually ended up calling Michael and he had to come.
Speaker 1: And pick me up.
Speaker 2: What from where you were having?
Speaker 1: From where we were?
Speaker 3: Because I was too drunk, Because I just went from like fifty percent happy in the perfect spot to just like Fortequila shots and just blackout.
Speaker 2: Were you like that? Were any of your friends blackout? Or was it just you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I went down first because I haven't drunk in ages, So I was the first man out. And slowly they started like dropping off like flies.
Speaker 1: Like everyone was not in a good way.
Speaker 3: Our group chat in the morning was just filthy, like everyone was just like sending selfies and we all looked haggard and like gross, and everyone was like ill.
Speaker 2: Anyway, did anyone share anything that you'd done while you were drinking then or yeah, And.
Speaker 3: It's just like people are like, oh, I remember when you fell over here, and I'm like, I fell over in public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it wasn't good. I had to be.
Speaker 3: Picked up and taken home. If you saw me that night, I'm so sorry. It was disgusting. I will be on better behavior from now on until.
Speaker 2: The tequila shots come out again.
Speaker 3: No, I'm banned from tequila shots. Michael was like, that can't happen again, no more tequila shots, and.
Speaker 1: I agree completely.
Speaker 3: So Matt, let's get into our topic of alcohol and dating.
Speaker 2: And we touched on before about how we used to be able to drink a lot more than we can now. Would you like to touch on your habits growing off with drinking.
Speaker 3: Look, it's really strange because I'm going to start by saying I actually listened to a podcast recently and it was this girl talking about her binge drinking habits and how she was a really bad drinker and literally everything she said I've done.
Speaker 1: But I just never thought it was.
Speaker 3: A problem because drinking is so normalized in Australian culture.
Speaker 2: I think part of the culture in Australia especially growing up as like a twenty year old eighteen year old, and that is to go out and just get absolutely black out drunk. Yeah, like there's no other ways around it. Even still, like if the boys get together, like we're all like drinks flow and like you're like, yeah, come on, like who can drink? The most sort of thing that's I reckon. That's a big part of Australian culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like when was the last time I got together with my friends or you got together with your friends and you did something that didn't revolve around drinking.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't remember even like I can't remember either. Even living with my housemates, like on a Friday night, it would say, let's have a couple of beers and watch the footage. Before you know, we're all drunk ass, like we're all sloppy messes. Yeah, just because that's like the culture. You're sitting in there drinking and before you know it, like one drink becomes ten.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, And I think that's the thing that I realized when listening to this podcast that kind of triggered something within me. All of my core memories growing up in my twenties.
Speaker 1: All revolve around alcohol.
Speaker 3: Without fail, every single one of them, like ninety nine percent.
Speaker 2: Well, Jen, my girlfriend, she always says, can you please tell me a story that doesn't start off with I was so fucked or I was so Yeah. She pulls me up on it all the time because I'm like, oh, over there, I was so pissed or something like that. She's like, just have one one story from your past that doesn't revolve around that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the thing as well growing up is my mentality was just so all or nothing. I never actually learned to just have one or two drinks going out. In fact, I actually had the mindset that having one or two drinks was a waste of time because it's a waste of calories that I could not be having. And so then I would just get to the weekend and binge drink like an animal, and it was just foul.
Speaker 1: Like looking back, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, my poor body, I need to like be the healthiest person alive to make up for all of the trauma that I have caused my body.
Speaker 2: Well, I was thinking about that in empty calories and all that sort of stuff drinking. I would go all week like eating religiously, like so healthily training like so much, and then on the weekend just to blow out and have a massive night on Saturday and to undo almost everything that I've done that whole week.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That became like a routine in my everyday life. And to think what like just stupid now if you look back, Yeah, I just didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Well, Like, growing up, I was such a party girl. Like I loved partying, like I still do to a certain degree, but I'm so much better. Like I wouldn't go out to a club, I'd go out to a bar. Maybe I wouldn't really stay out past twelve now, like I've definitely settled down stay out those kids.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I used to go out three four times a week.
Speaker 3: I used to be a host at a nightclub, so I'd get paid a retainer every week to bring all my friends to the club.
Speaker 1: It became my job essentially.
Speaker 3: Like I'd get like twenty drink cards that I was meant to share with everyone and probably half three quarters to myself.
Speaker 2: I'm guilty of that as well.
Speaker 1: So it was just.
Speaker 3: Such a big part of me growing up. And as I said, I never saw a problem with it because it's so normalized.
Speaker 2: What a should you have your first drink?
Speaker 3: I think I had my first drink at seventeen, and that was because which is older? Which is older? Yeah, and that's because my parents were super street.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I had a drink earlier, like, would I have maybe learned to have one or two?
Speaker 1: To be honest, I really don't think so. I think it was a good thing that my.
Speaker 3: Parents were so strict and I didn't start drinking earlier because it has a massive effect on developing brains.
Speaker 2: Well take it from me, who had my first real piss up at fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why you're a bit.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's probably explains a lot. No, I took We had a house party and I remember going to my dad's bar and I took a bottle of jim Bean black of all things. Oh no, made myself and my mate a couple of black glasses. They couldn't drink it. So me still, I've still got this this attitude while I'm not going to waste alcohol, so drunk all these drinks and next thing you know, I remember just sitting on my front doorstep vomiting everywhere. Oh no, I have not been able to drink bourbon.
Speaker 3: Since when you had your first kiss with Jen, we drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so our first date obviously was done at a period where restaurants weren't open. So what you would do is you'd go Well for most dates I think people doing and they met in that period of time, was they would go on like walks. So we met up at the botanical gardens the Tan, got an apparole each and walked, so.
Speaker 3: You were on a like a healthy walk and you still managed to get alcohol.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny, it didn't even end up being a walk of the Tan. We ended up going stuff this, let's just walk through the gardens and get drunk. Yeah, pretty much. So we had a couple of drinks and then we went back to hers and had a drink there, and then we went back to mine and kept drinking with me and my roommates.
Speaker 3: Like it makes sense, Like first dates are extremely scary and you need the Dutch courage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean personally, I don't think I need it to buy a.
Speaker 1: Don't then why did you have it?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I just love it.
Speaker 1: Matt's in denight.
Speaker 2: I like to think that I can back myself into a first date that I don't need social lubricant of a drink, but maybe I do subconsciously. I remember one of the first things I said to Jen when we started dating. We were at hers and we were drinking. We stayed up till like maybe three am, drinking on like the first week of hanging out, and I actually said to it, You're one of the first, if not the only girl I've actually stayed up with and just spoken to and drunk and not thought about, you know, taking to bed and just doing the deed, Like I'm actually into talking to you and like, you know, like it's a deeper level. So I think maybe alcohol maybe made that. Did you drink on your first date with Michael?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's interesting because I don't know if I've ever told this story on the podcast, but Michael and I's first date actually started at nine thirty PM one. It was a very late one, so Michael had been out all day. He was a bottle of wine deep.
Speaker 1: He was trying to.
Speaker 3: Convince me to come out, and I was like, I've just had like pasta and garlic bread. I'm like really settled in for the night. And I knew he was like a bit drunk. So I was like, you're already like.
Speaker 1: Halfway there, if not most of the way there, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: And he was like, no, no, no, like I've soave it up a bit. I really want to do this day. I'm going to flip a coin. If it's heads, we'll go on the day. If it's not, we'll stay home. Anyway, he lied it was tales. We were meant to stay in, but he was like it was heads. He was a fake video evidence. Anyway, So I had twenty minutes to get ready for our first date because he was like coming in an uber to pick me up.
Speaker 2: That's an hour and ten minutes less than normal.
Speaker 3: Geez. I mean it was very quick, but I can get ready really quickly. So I was like, you know what, fuck it.
Speaker 2: Don't look at me like that.
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 1: You would not know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I was like, okay, quickly get ready. Obviously, I'm like this guy's a bottle deep. So what I did was I went to my little bar. No no, no, no, I'm not that bad, and I poured two shots of tequila and literally drunk two shots of Secula in a row mid doing my makeup in the hopes to kind of like, I don't know, give myself some courage. I don't know, I find a first dates super intimidating, like very stressful, Like I shake.
Speaker 1: I just get so overwhelmed and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what am I going to talk about? I literally, before a first day will go to Google and be like things to talk about on a first day.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, what's happening in pop culture?
Speaker 3: Should I quickly listen to a podcast so I have something to talk about?
Speaker 1: Like I freak out, like I doubt myself.
Speaker 3: And then it's so funny because I literally will get on the date and then I'm like the most confident person ever.
Speaker 1: But it's just like the pre worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I never have that nerves before a first date. I'm sort of sweet.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I going back in myself that I know, like I know what to talk about in that, but I'm pretty good at talking.
Speaker 1: If it's all mine. But it's just like this self doubt.
Speaker 3: Also, I think first dates are intimidating because you're like what if I don't like them? And then I literally like how do I get out of this? Or like am I just gonna sit there? And I have this really bad thing where I struggle to tell people the truth. So I'll just like go along with a date and like pretend everything's all sweet, and then.
Speaker 1: At the end of it, I'm like, oh my god, that was a nightmare. But at the time, you think.
Speaker 3: The guy probably is like, oh, she's into me because I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to drink after drink, had shots trying to get through the dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's because I don't want to hurt their feelings and I feel bad like just making it clear that I'm just not vibing them, and.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be rude.
Speaker 3: Like it's like this really like weird complex where I want them to like me even though I don't like them.
Speaker 2: All Right, So then say you're going on a first date, you're nervous. Would you ever have one that didn't revolve around drinking.
Speaker 3: The only date that I can remember that I've had that didn't revolve around drinking was.
Speaker 1: When I was like eighteen, still in school.
Speaker 3: I went I had a movie day, and I remember my mom had, like I think I wasn't I couldn't drive yet, so my mom had dropped me off and I literally got dropped off. I was like hiding in the bathroom, so I was early, so I did. I didn't want him to see me yet because I didn't want to have too much talking time before the movie, because that's how nervous I was.
Speaker 1: And then I remember I called my.
Speaker 3: Mom back and I was like, pick me up. I can't do it. It's too strong, and she was like, Anna, just go on the date. I'm not picking you up, and I was forced into the day.
Speaker 2: Did you nearly stand him off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I literally at the moment I saw him, we awkwardly hugged and then I was like trembling.
Speaker 1: I was shaking. I was like, this is the nightmare. This is the nightmare.
Speaker 2: Did you just watch the movie then and leave?
Speaker 1: Like we watched the movie the whole time.
Speaker 3: I like had my hands by my side and he kept like trying to hold my hand. He leaned in for a kiss at the very end, and I was like no, no, no, no, no no no, and then he did it. I was like, fuck it, I have to do it because I don't want to. I don't want him to like feel uncomfortable. So then I kissed him back and then I was like, Okay, thanks for the date.
Speaker 1: By sea later just like ended up ghosting.
Speaker 2: Safe to say he never got a second date.
Speaker 3: It wasn't him. It was more to do with me. And I think my insecurity is around first dates and just like the pressure I put on myself and the constant overthinking that I will do before it, which just I totally psych myself out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the drinking definitely makes that a lot easier for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the drinking has and I think that's why I turned into such a binge drinker. It's sad to say, but it totally numbed those feelings of anxiousness of worry, and I was just my confident, normal self, which if I'm not drinking alcohol, I still will get to the day and I will end up being myself.
Speaker 1: But it's just like the pre date worry that I numbed.
Speaker 3: Okay, so how much should you drink on a first day? Because we've established that we all tend to go a bit ott, But how much should you drink?
Speaker 2: Map enough that you feel confident in yourself but you're not messy drunk and slurring your words. I feel, Yeah, you have to find that lines. If you feel like you're toppling over, maybe have a glass of water.
Speaker 1: Water is key when drinking as well.
Speaker 3: They do say that three is generally the golden number of drinks. So one is customary kind of like release the nerves. Second drink can be used to feel your date out a bit more, kind of open up a little bit. And then three is kind of like reserved for the dates when you're kind of into each.
Speaker 2: Other and it's going a little bit further.
Speaker 3: It's going a bit further, things are kind of warming up a little.
Speaker 2: If you're onto your third drink, you might be feeling a little bit horny by then as well.
Speaker 1: Drinking can make you horny, like we can't deny that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it definitely does. I don't know. Why does it make your blood flow everywhere? I don't know, because I feel like when you start.
Speaker 3: Drinking, and I mean, drunk sex is really fun and inhibitions are lowerd It's good.
Speaker 2: Drunk sex is fun if you're not too drunk. And we have the problem of whiskey dick, or also referred to, as I've learned as Foster's floff over there gave us that one. All right, let's touch on whiskey dick next.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, we all know what whiskey dick is that I want to hear it from you.
Speaker 1: What is your definition of whiskey dick?
Speaker 2: All right? So before I get into what a whiskey dick is, I'm going to touch on some other names that it might be called. Oh God, for other listeners that are like, hang on, is that this? It is shot, pull with a rope, bong dong, brown party liquor, Foster's floppy, Southern poison, taffy pulling, rubber knife, jackie ending, richard, whiskey.
Speaker 1: Okay, yahk ya, We're going to start there.
Speaker 2: Pushing rope, softy punch, bottle of jack, Everlasting, gummy wre beer, pickle, whiskey trick. There. The list goes on Jesus gris, but essentially it can have a many names, but essentially it is when a man has drunk too much and he cannot get an erect penis. All right, So everyone knows alcohol can slow your reaction time. So what it does is it makes it difficult to focus and concentrate. So when a man is having sex, their central nervous system isn't working like it normally would if say they were sober, which then can affect the dick and how hard it erects, right, so it can affect the blood flow to your penis.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I want to ask this question. Has this ever happened to you?
Speaker 2: I think every man can safely say yes, it has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's common, right, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Have you had a man have a whiskey dick before?
Speaker 1: I don't know, not in recent times.
Speaker 3: I think maybe when I was younger, it's more just like you just wouldn't have sex because they're like, I'm too drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah that we're trying, and they're like, oh, whiskey dick. I don't know, do you call it out? Is that a thing? Oh whiskey dick?
Speaker 2: Hey, I can't get hard, there's no blood flow into the mask.
Speaker 1: Can you undo a bit of whiskey dick?
Speaker 3: If you're like, I've got whiskey dick right now, can you maybe eat some food and then the whiskey dick will go away?
Speaker 2: Maybe have a glass of water, sleep it off, and if you.
Speaker 1: So, you're just saying way to the.
Speaker 2: Morning, Way to the morning. I think it's the safest, which could ruin some situations. I feel.
Speaker 3: How do you react as a guy in that situation, Let's just say it's a one night stand. You've taken a girl home, she's super hot, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, tonight's gonna be fun night.
Speaker 3: You're about to do the deed, and you're like, fuck, I've got some whiskey, dick, what do you say?
Speaker 2: I think the best thing to say is to assure the girl that it's not them, So don't make them feel it's personal. Say look, I'm sorry, but like you shouldn't have pored me that extra. Don't put the flame on them. No, just say I shouldn't have had that extra drink. We've had too many. Maybe let's sleep it off and see how we go. Or do you want to go and have a glass of water and I can cook something in the kitchen?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, why don't you go down on them?
Speaker 3: Be like I don't want to have sex with you. I just want to pleasure you and take the attention off.
Speaker 2: Is that how you would prefer a man to be? Is that what you? Yeah? Is that a question? Well? Fuck, here we go, I'm learning me. Well yeah, true, okay, so maybe you just say hang on, this isn't my night, this is your night.
Speaker 1: That's the perfect way to resolve the issue.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, I was just trying to make him feel comfortable, to let them know that it's not them and it's the alcohol's fault, and you.
Speaker 1: Just make them food. You're like, if I'm not getting pleasure, none of us are.
Speaker 2: You're right you go down on them. At least someone's getting off tonight.
Speaker 3: Okay, what drinks do you think would affect your dick the most?
Speaker 2: So, even though it's called whiskey dick, whiskey doesn't cause it. It's literally any drink I can do it. As long as you've drunk too much alcohol, it will happen. So I think it's called whiskey dick common because whisky is a stronger drink, and if you have what a couple of them, it's going to affect you more than if, say you've had twelve beers. You know, in the equivalent would be a lot more beers for that. So I think that's why it's called that. But any alcohol can really do the trick.
Speaker 1: Did you know that.
Speaker 3: There is actually a female equivalent, and it's called whiskey clip.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. It looks like I'm hearing it looks like I'm hearing a lot of new facts here today.
Speaker 1: Or new it's a learning experience for all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why you tune in.
Speaker 3: So there's three states of whiskey clit. So the first one is delayed orgasm, so it takes you longer to reach your point of climax. And then the second one is no orgasm at all, and then the third is the stimulation is just not possible, Like even when you stimulate the clit, you're just not feeling anything, Like you're just you're just way too drunk.
Speaker 2: Okay, So say a woman is feeling whiskey clip, what is your advice for them?
Speaker 1: Then to sleep it off, babe.
Speaker 2: So not to say I'm sitting this one out it's your time. Doesn't go both ways.
Speaker 3: Touche, you know what, Maybe I should be like, it's turn for your BJ.
Speaker 2: But maybe he's Scott whiskey dick, and everyone just goes Maybe tonight's not the innings. We sit this one out and tomorrow morning we go into bed again.
Speaker 1: Okay, something I want to talk about alcohol and breakup.
Speaker 2: Snap, It's literally like they go hand in hand.
Speaker 1: They go hand in hand.
Speaker 2: You can't say breakup without alcohol.
Speaker 3: I feel every single breakup that I've ever gone through. My alcohol intake has gone up significantly, and that is simply because I'm really upset. My emotions are at a high, and I want to drown those feelings.
Speaker 2: Drown those sorrows. As they say, when you've broken up with someone, nothing is better than going out and having a big night drinking and just forgetting about everything and just having fun.
Speaker 3: The problem is when you drink after a breakup, it's literally like getting a beach ball and pushing it under water. It's just going to come straight back up to the sad, you know what I mean. Like, dude, those nights they start some bit, you do end up at four am crying in a kebab shop.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, just talking to anyone that will listen about your breakup and their ear off. And I know I don't find this, I don't get it that bad, but I know you do. You get anxiety the next day after you.
Speaker 1: Drink, any terrible anxiety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so all you're doing is just going to spike that the next day as well if you drink.
Speaker 3: That's a problem with breaking up and alcohol is you just hop back on the horse the next night because you're like, I need to keep drinking so that I can again get rid of those feelings. I think for me, the reason why I've always been so reliant on alcohol. You can push down those feelings for a little bit, and that helps me because then it gives you more time to accept it, and then I guess you just deal with all of the crazy emotions that is a breakup when you have actually accepted.
Speaker 2: That you're single, So denial is that.
Speaker 3: And also, like you might have had a drunken kiss, you might have been able to remember that there's other people out there and like that person is.
Speaker 1: Not the be all and end all.
Speaker 3: Like it seems like a hard concept to wrap my head around to go through a breakup stone cold sober, so like you'd need to be just doing all of that healthy, healthy, healthy work on yourself, but to like a high standard, And I just don't know if i'd be on that level if I was in a breakup mindset. Maybe you are that motivated person who's like, you know what, I'm going to get up every day.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go to the gym.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get rid of that nervous, anxious, stressed out energy, Like I mean, that is a great way to get over a breakup, as opposed to.
Speaker 2: I've done it. I've done it both ways. Yeah, one breakup, my toxic one. I did go out and drink a lot and party with my mates. But then again we were coming out of lockdown, so it was spirit that I was like, Okay, well we can do all this sort of stuff in So I was going out drinking, but my breakup before that, and I threw myself into gym, myself into like working out, getting like getting that body that makes people regret what they've done.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, look, you've done both what way do you think is the best way.
Speaker 2: To go for me? Personally? I was definitely going to gym. Yeah, felt and like working out that way.
Speaker 1: And look, I think, like I don't think me and Michael are going to break up touch wood touch wood for me.
Speaker 3: On wood, but if we did, I think maybe that is a route that I would be open to taking.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to go to gym with you, Anna and work out and get you back on that horse metaphorically and physically. It's that time of the episode again that we all love. It's where you ask us where our heads are at and we answer your questions.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this comes around our first listening today. They have written in and.
Speaker 3: Said I was messaging this guy and he invited me out for drinks at a bar, and when I met him there, he asked me what I wanted to drink. I asked for a red wine, and then he ordered just one for me and then proceeded to tell me he doesn't drink. I'm completely fine with being sober, but at the time I felt a bit tricked into drinking by myself by the whole way he did it. I also felt a bit ashamed by him because he told me how much better it was not to be drinking anymore, and how much better his life is. Am I an asshole for seeing this as an ick?
Speaker 2: What do you think Anna, if you were in that situation and a guy I did that to you.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't think that someone not drinking should be an ick. I think it kind of does make you an asshole if you feel that way, Like, yeah, ideally you kind of want to be similar to someone, Like if you're drinking, you want them to drink.
Speaker 1: If you eat me, you kind of want them to eat me.
Speaker 3: Like sometimes people might get annoyed or a bit turned off if they're dating a vegetarian or a vegan when they're a meat eater. But I don't think that we should be judgmental. I think we should try to be more accepting. But in saying all of that, I feel like he probably should have told her that he wasn't going to drink before offering to get her a drink.
Speaker 1: Just communication. You know.
Speaker 2: Look, if he'd offered to get her a drink and said I'm not drinking, that would have been better. But then if he's going on to make her feel guilty and ashamed for actually drinking, like that's wrong. Like I hope he's not sitting there preaching that, like you shouldn't drink. Life so much better without drinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's like mid red wine and he's like, my life has changed completely and drastically since not drinking, and she's like, well fuck.
Speaker 2: Like, I've dated heaps of vegetarians, heaps of vegans, and I have no problem with it personally because they're not sitting there trying to preach their ways onto me, and they don't mind if I'm sitting there with a big Scotch filet in on my way, like they're chill with that. So as long as that he's not sitting there preaching. That would give me the ick if a girl was like, you know, like one of those girls who was a vegetarian was like, look all these cows are dying in that and I'm not trying to finish my mistake, and I'm like, I don't want to know this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all about just respecting what each person chooses to do with their life. Not everyone is the same, and that's what makes everyone so unique and interesting.
Speaker 2: And that's actually the beauty of going on first date. You get to meet new people words see they're different quirks.
Speaker 1: Okay, the next listener has written in and they.
Speaker 2: Have said I am always so nervous before going on dates that I take the drinking a bit too far each time and end up being drunk for the last few hours of the date. I feel like it may be unattractive to my potential dates, and maybe the reason I don't always hear back from them. How do I stop drinking too much on dates?
Speaker 1: I can relate to this.
Speaker 3: I think I'm that person who sometimes takes it too far. I think for me, something that's worked is just giving yourself a limit, like setting a limit. And if you are a big drinker, you can literally set up a five drink limit, like at the maximum that's a lot. But if you're a big drinker, then at least you have a cutoff and no matter what, you won't break it.
Speaker 2: I think that you just maybe go in. I is there's something else I can sue your nerves as well? Maybe, like, is there any other like meditations you can do, maybe have like a stress band or something, so if you're feeling nervous, you can just flick that and then even if the date sees and acknowledges that could be a good conversation starter and you explain that you are nervous to be on this date, and if he's a welcoming guy, he'll be like, oh look, and he'll make you feel at ease. Yea, I know, I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you really want to be like pinging your wrists?
Speaker 3: Uti fat?
Speaker 2: I mean under the table? If you just do it and that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I totally understand what it's like to over drink on a first date, so I get it.
Speaker 1: I think for me, setting.
Speaker 3: A limit three drink limit, four drink limit, five drink limit, whatever it is for you works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is nice to have a beer to take the nerves off, or a wine a d but just be within your limits.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, that's all we have time for. As always, stay on top of our socials. To be part of the Whares our Head Out segment of our podcast, please give us a five star rating. It really helps with our podcasts. It helps us grow, it helps us reach more people. And until next time, Bye bye,