Speaker 1: Get in the morning every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, friends working on the podcast. I love what you're doing with your podcast selection really really doing some good positive stuff. If you're looking for the code word the last coe word for text, potata will just stick around. We'll tell it to you really, really soon.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, have a think about this.
Speaker 3: What are the quirky things that you've seen in Adelaide, South Australia that you've gone what the fork is that about?
Speaker 2: We heard from someone I was talking about the mole people. That's real. It cannot be a thing, that's genuine. That's a thing.
Speaker 3: There's a whole underground group of people living under our city. Yes, yeah, they called teenage mutant ninja turtle.
Speaker 2: Yes, how did you know that?
Speaker 1: It is ridiculous? Quite what the fork?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What the fork?
Speaker 3: We do this each and every week, different situations that you look at and you go, what the fork is that about? Of course it has arisen out of the fact that no kitchen in any workplace ever has forks in the drawer, leading everyone to say, what the fork?
Speaker 2: I stole two forks from Channel seven the other day, why just because I used them and I put them in my container and they ended up being a home and my wife was like, these are definitely.
Speaker 1: Not our forks, and did you take them back into it?
Speaker 2: I think I said keep them, Carr. You can never have too many forks.
Speaker 3: Okay, but don't you think about all the people in your workplace who've had their mouth around those forks.
Speaker 2: It's fine, fine, We're so tight. It's like family.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 3: The Fork this week will be celebrating all things South Australia.
Speaker 1: It's the end of the year.
Speaker 3: We thought it was the most appropriate thing to do, so have a think about it.
Speaker 1: On thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: What do you look at in South Australia that is unique to us that you go what the fork?
Speaker 1: Yes, kick us off, Andrew.
Speaker 2: I'll kick us off in a really solid direction. And that is a beach, well in the middle of the time, beach through beach. Don't say that in any other states. Yeah, that's why we are the envy of the nation.
Speaker 3: There was another one that you were talking about the other day that blew my mind as well, and that was the Southern Expressway.
Speaker 2: So when I first came here, which was two thousand and six, it was one way. Have we all forgotten that the Southern Expressway was one way and there was different times when it changed and weet different directions. When I would explain that to my friends and family back in New South Wales, it blew their mind and it genuinely ignited all sorts of bulling towards South Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and for a long time after it became two ways. We built it and became two ways, and we'd go visit the South coast and I would still to my husband for a year afterwards, go oh, we'll just have to wait till after one o'clock to the expressway.
Speaker 1: And he's like, mate, it's been two ways for a year.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you're also the same person who consistently gets caught on the O bar And that is not.
Speaker 3: True of the two of us who have the two of us who's been caught on the O barn.
Speaker 2: Actual it was on full to one time after a little session where I was very hydrated after the line, I was trying to get one. I was trying to get to our location. B I ended up set which was on the over So lucky, I've.
Speaker 1: Got one for you.
Speaker 3: We are consistently the state who has a car race for the better part of most years, except for when COVID hit and then we cancel it all. But each and every year we have the same car race in the same spot, and we spend months and months and months building a grandstand, and then when the car race is over, it disappears like it never happened. Yes, I mean, is there thoughts that we could just build one grandstand that could stay there, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or we could build a track in Adelaide that hosts these things. Oh, that's right, we did it.
Speaker 3: The bandway produces zo you got one?
Speaker 7: Yes, every time I walk past it. The pigeon in the mall, I absolutely hate it.
Speaker 6: What's he doing?
Speaker 2: That's doing that?
Speaker 1: What the fort?
Speaker 2: Like he was cheap too? Like he was cheap to build?
Speaker 7: What was he He was a couple of hundred thousand, right, that surely could have been spent elsewhere. Also, the pigs, I do kind of like him though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: There's always kick photos of kids visiting from interstates sitting on the pigs.
Speaker 2: How cool is this?
Speaker 3: You're just going to talk about the ornaments in the mall and not talking about the balls.
Speaker 7: I think they're kind of artistic, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're very, very unique like Moore's balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then also we always get these drunk people that go, I'm going to scale that.
Speaker 1: That's our everest and I'm going to get to the top.
Speaker 2: And they always get to the top. Yeah, I don't know very it's quite an achievement. I've never tried to. But I was looking at be like, well, how the hell do you get around first ball? Fine, but you've got to get around the second ball? Really different.
Speaker 3: People don't know that we can done this baby, because I always look at it and think if that person forms, they could have break their necks victim. But they climb up onto the roof of the Rundle Plaza and then jump on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten eight on tap of the walls to us produce the family, you got one.
Speaker 8: Well it's not really a thing that's in place, but we were talking about it and Hazy, you had no idea what it was.
Speaker 1: But the Somerton Man, which is like a.
Speaker 8: Mystery that we've had in South Australia. So in nineteen forty eight, so it's been going for seventy five years, a man was found to cease just resting up against the wall at Summrton and they thought there were all these series that he could have been a spy because he didn't have any labels on his clothes. He had some weird scripture in his in his pocket. But but I don't know.
Speaker 3: What they sold that last year and it was a real anti climax because it was just a dude from Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but seventy five years worth of mystery. But I think also South Australia. But that's above its average with serial killers and really weird crime stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're good at that.
Speaker 1: We're known for it. Oliver, Horatio, Truffles and Augusta are the pigs in the mall. It was bothering me. Let's go to Joshua.
Speaker 5: Hey, josh oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: Good. Okay, what the fork? The Adelaide edition? What you got.
Speaker 9: I've been doing a bit of research and there was this dude that's been climbing down through the insight through the back stairways somewhere in Hinley Street and he's talking about Adelaide mold people.
Speaker 2: Yes, what I've been looking at the same Instagram. So I reckon, Josh, So, so is this the it's the mold people in general? There's a whole sort of secret society down there apparently where.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, there's like tunnels under Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Because because it's got similar vibes to there's like a genuine it's a community underneath the new systems in Las Vegas, and I'm trying to say there's also probably something similar in Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Josh, is this legit? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I watched the dude he actually he was on TikTok or one of those things, and he actually climbed down through there and like come out like he climbed down through like he went through a toilet, the women's toilet in like Rundle Mall or no Heinley Street and clock come out in this cave system. Like you can actually look.
Speaker 2: It up made. I've seen the same thing and it's yeah. I sort of started and I was flicking through and then I watched one video and then I recognize there for about an hour and a half. It's crazy.
Speaker 9: Other thing that I've seen was there's actually a tunnel that runs from the main island Australia to Kangaroo Island. You can just walk underneath the sea of Kangaro Island.
Speaker 2: That's extreme.
Speaker 1: I mean the mole people. I was going with Josh, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of underground works, a secret work.
Speaker 1: You so much for your call.
Speaker 2: It's excellent.
Speaker 1: I've seen you mole around Hainley Street on the Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and don't ask Josh all this like how we feed out those tunnels, particularly a secret women's toilet life for.
Speaker 3: Goodness, Kelly's good morning, good morning, Hey going good?
Speaker 1: What the fork in Adelaide?
Speaker 2: The big Scottish man in the kill? Yes, isney grotesque but also at the same time just so beautiful. Yes, she's pretty iconic.
Speaker 1: There was talk that they were going to sell him off or get rid of him. I reckon that.
Speaker 2: Scott is really why would you sell the bike off? He's an absolute icon. We love him. Look at him, listen to him plays the bagpipes. I remember going down and everyone if you go past him, everyone sort of stops and a little look underneath says what's going on? And there's a big going on. Have you done that, Calleve you had a little look at unleath the kilt.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I've been that close.
Speaker 10: I think Ben and Leem got in a little bit of trouble when they got a bit too close to him a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're supposed to have a look they got riding up up inside underneath his killed they did. I think they're on a forklift even or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's not surprised if he didn't like that.
Speaker 2: He did not like that at all.
Speaker 1: No, do you like someone looking under your Scottish guild note?
Speaker 2: Hope they know?
Speaker 1: Leanne. What have you got for us?
Speaker 3: What the fork the Adelaide South Australia edition took morning?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 10: We on the side of the road out of Fort Waitfield, Dublin. There's a statue of a cockproach which was put there initially as a protesting and we suck a sign on it went hey, we've got the largest copproach.
Speaker 2: That's why that is really making the most of a small opportunity, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Statue of a cockroach world class?
Speaker 2: Wow, So you guys got the giant cockroach. Apparently that works.
Speaker 3: Okay, keep the text coming, go for double O nine one nine nine one nine. We'd love to hear from you. Bought the fork the Adelaide edition.
Speaker 2: That's why we are unique. South Australia, aren't we just And that's why the other states beat us up and take our lunch money. Well you and bloody believe it. We've come to the grand finale. Have text for this is the last code word? Can you believe?
Speaker 1: Yes? And the last and final code word is love?
Speaker 2: That makes sense, doesn't we love?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ha, good's love.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: I just likes love, particularly a Taylor Swift who's in love with Travis Kelsey as we speak, just moved in together to his Kansas City mansion.
Speaker 1: Have they moved in?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's nice?
Speaker 1: Did you just make that up?
Speaker 2: I just saw that as a headline before. Not quite the bright lights of New York or LA, but Kansas City still pretty cool. He's like the mayor there, or his brother is isn't he would be the mayor of Philadelphia?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Whatever?
Speaker 3: What if you can book your hotel now and choose to pay when you get there.
Speaker 2: With thousands of flexible booking options in select days, you're only a what if away from your next holiday book On the what if.
Speaker 1: It's Ozzie for travel. Here's where you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 9: Reading news.
Speaker 2: What's the news today, hos snooze news.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a somber start to question time in Federal Parliament yesterday. So Anthony Albanezi and Peter Dutton each read from that incredible letter penned last week by Grant and Imma Stevens, which reflected on the life of their son Charlie, who, of course, the eighteen year old was fatally struck by car at corl Beach last week amid SCHOOLI celebrations. So yeah, Peter Dutton got quite to you yesterday reading out that letter. There will be a public twilight service honoring the young life of Charlie tomorrow night at in the William McGarry room at the Adelaide Oval, So everyone's welcome to come along and patribute to him. So they're not qu sure how many people are going to get there, but it will spill out into the grandstand and it will be played on the big screen as well.
Speaker 1: This is nice.
Speaker 3: So in loeure of flowers, the Stevens family of ass mourners to consider donating to Operation for Limits Foundation of which he is a strong supporter of.
Speaker 1: So that's really lovely.
Speaker 3: So yeah, everyone welcome to come along and pay tribute to a bright young man who is gone far too soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Sorry, that's a heavy one, isn't it. Obviously we've spoken about it a little bit. But the weather, the wild weather yesterday, so the cleanup will continue. We had some crazy rainfall totals. There was forty five millimeters in an hour at Scotch College. But lair was also hard as hit southern suburbs as well, So there's lots of cleaning up that's happening today. If you can get out and try and contribute to your local cafes, if you know ones that were underwater that had to shut yesterday, I know if you along the parade were, so yeah, I'll have a little bit more on the bad weather and sort of what's happening today regards to the cleanup a little bit later in the show.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what a wild, wild date it was, and obviously a maybe Dick up date.
Speaker 11: Yes, I have a maybe Dick update, which I thought in my career, in my seven years have been doing this that I wouldn't be talking about Maybe Dick.
Speaker 1: But here we are.
Speaker 2: Music sort of stress something as well. If you see maybe Dick along the times it do not pat him, no, do not pat him. Because I know what you're thinking, Oh, he only eats crill, but he's so hungry, gets a sage where everything starts to look like crill. Yeah okay, yeah, so you've just got to be careful.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that public service announcement.
Speaker 2: No problems at all, That's what I'm here for. Over nine on nine. Let's talk about the creek last night. Finally there was He's one. Hey, they want to tea twenty even it doesn't really matter because we won the World Cup and the best players aren't playing. But Glenn Maxwell, Oh if you don't mind one hundred and four nine out or forty eight balls. That guy's an absolute freak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, his name.
Speaker 2: So India three for two hundred and twenty two, Australia five for two hundred and twenty five. We'll take and when we can get it. So this is what happens to T twenties all the time. When we lose, we go it doesn't matter, it's tee twains. But when we win, don't we shout it from the rooftop?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did you see that post from Adam gil Chris the other day of his son So it was on Instagram. There's obviously a park in Wa that's named the Adam Gilchris Park and it's just got his son standing underneath the sign, just taking a pit, just swinging on his dad's park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not even going to tell you what Graham Corn's was doing on the Graham Corn still.
Speaker 1: Usie.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: The six fifteen machine quiz.
Speaker 3: This is how it works this morning. We've got three questions for you. You just have to get to the third question. Get that correct, and you get to have a red hot go at the vending machine, which is jam packed full of prizes.
Speaker 1: We're talking Six's.
Speaker 3: Tickets from their packages with two hundred bucks Milky Lane vouchers.
Speaker 1: It's all there. Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I mean it's just jam pack. How can so many outrageous prizes have be in one small little venue machine, I'll tell you. Because he's a unit. Is his trained for this his whole life? Yes, this is what he was born to do.
Speaker 1: The six fifteen Living. Let's go to Christy from Dover Gardens. Hey, Christy, good morning, guys. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 6: You're not too bad?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I want to go with that world and wooly weather yesterday.
Speaker 10: Oh like I wasn't working, so I just had to get my daughter to school and that was Yeah, that was interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was early, wasn't it all right? Six fifteen of any Machine Quiz? Let's play question number one. Who played Hannah Montana in the TV show of the same.
Speaker 2: Name, Miley, Yes, journey is usually the part that you remember anything that's so true? Miley, so true?
Speaker 1: Good Christy.
Speaker 3: Question number two, name this band that was inducted into the Aria Hall of Fame this month.
Speaker 1: Turn my hand account with me because you look so fine.
Speaker 2: I want to make you. It's so fun. I really won't want to move.
Speaker 9: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Christy?
Speaker 8: I know the song, but I don't know it's like Jodian songs and songs, so.
Speaker 1: I've taken that out.
Speaker 2: Yesterday you did actually as good as your last contest.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Andy from Modbury Hearts, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Andy, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you going good?
Speaker 1: Do you do you need to hear that again?
Speaker 4: Is the jet?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Just be for fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, one more question.
Speaker 3: You get through this, you get a crack of the prizes. How many signs does a hexicon have?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, oh my gosh, not know that? No, I did not know that. Okay. The only one I know is that oct because of an octopus. So an octagon is eight because of an octopus, and a decathlon is ten. Yes, that's all I know.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, go man.
Speaker 3: And and you please select a letter for us between A and C B B B and a number between two and six.
Speaker 1: Four four before you go. What we don't need here is the chip verty smooth.
Speaker 2: The chips.
Speaker 1: When you're ready, produce a rim.
Speaker 3: Andy, Oh you don't like this, You've won a two hundred dollars fun La package.
Speaker 2: Play the day, fun Labs new entertainment precinct opening in front the place. It's already opened. In fact, it's opening this week tomorrow. Cheers. You could go there for the absolute premiere there, Andy, pre book now at Adelade's first Hygienks Hotel, Strike Bowling, Archie Brothers circ Electric. It's all happening.
Speaker 1: It's like an adult's playground. You're gonna love it. Andy, Thank you very much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 1: Good start his day.
Speaker 3: A wild, wild story coming out of the US to do with sport, which is why I brought it to the table, because I knew you'd like it.
Speaker 2: Classic it's ice hockey.
Speaker 1: Given that, okay, Josh Giddy.
Speaker 2: For a second, I was like, no, boy, don't you touch that, jaj No.
Speaker 3: I certainly am giving that a wide birth. However, there's this incredible rumor going around at the moment. So the Chicago Blackhawks in the NHL, right, go black Hawks, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they're a franchise.
Speaker 3: They brought in a veteran called Corey Perry to try and mentor one of their young recruits. He's eighteen years old, right, So they brought him in to try and help out Connor Beddart. So the idea was they sort of lived together and he would mentor him and teach him and guide him, and you know, he's a fantastic NHL career.
Speaker 1: Away you go, young man.
Speaker 3: However, Corey Perry is on indefinite leave from the Chicago black Hawks because he stands accused of sleeping with his protege's mum.
Speaker 2: Yes, loves love isn'ts? Do you know what? This happened in the NBA as well quite recently, did Yes? What so Lasa Pippin, whose son is Scottie Pippen junior, Yes, she was I think hooking up with one of his teammates when he was on the Lakers something along those lines as well, what's going on in America?
Speaker 1: Earth is going on?
Speaker 3: And it just got me to thinking, like, you know, how does this even happen? However, if a younger here Hayes was being mentored by producers of his mum, I can see.
Speaker 6: How it makes sense, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: So we can't you see?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 2: I suppose loves love, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I'm in love with his mom.
Speaker 2: So if those playing along at home for the first time, if you haven't worked it out, producers always mum, bindy, she's hot.
Speaker 7: I'm clearing about what.
Speaker 2: Into the studio enters news reader Abby, good morning to you?
Speaker 1: Does good morning? He doesn't?
Speaker 2: Just him? Doesn't love that?
Speaker 1: Just you do?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: Boot?
Speaker 11: Don't worry about what I mean in my head right now though. What I'm doing to Hazy is that blood?
Speaker 2: Is it? Blood?
Speaker 1: A knife and blood?
Speaker 2: You're going to say, but you're a nice piece of toast. It's not that at all. Jam on it happening yesterday.
Speaker 11: There was a bit happening yesterday. The newsroom was going absolutely mental. But that's when I do my best work. That's so true when you're under pressure. I love it when the world is going to an absolute crap storm out there.
Speaker 1: Loved anyway.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so we obviously had the very wild weather and the storms very Queensland like, might i add, really reminded me of my time up in the Sunshine State.
Speaker 1: But yes, it was a pretty well day.
Speaker 11: The cleanup is going to continue today, which we've sort of been speaking about all morning.
Speaker 1: We've got to go on rescue Moby Dick. Yeah, I mean that's probably the big thing.
Speaker 6: That's the big.
Speaker 2: Talking point that everyone's talking about this morning. What about yesterday morning as well? When you actually escape the scenes.
Speaker 1: You've got an exclusive to brew there really really.
Speaker 2: Have to do on just and the bang got a big run.
Speaker 1: Up clear and one hundred meters down the river, got.
Speaker 2: Into the tyns and then yeah, one hundred meters down the track, calm. No one knew what to do with Moby Dick. Fast forward three hours later it was in all sorts of trouble when the weather cleared up. Do you happen to have a bucket or a brew? I need to get with Sid, So what's the lays with?
Speaker 11: So they're going a crane wasn't available yesterday, surprise, surprise, So they're going to get a crane today hopefully and rescue movie get a who's on him? Yeah, So they're going to go and do that today. But obviously there's been lots of damage to the Christmas River Bank display, so it's probably going to be.
Speaker 1: Closed at least for the rest of the week.
Speaker 11: The team are hoping to get it back up and running by the weekend, but it'll just depend on how much damage that we learnt nothing.
Speaker 3: I remember being a young journalist for Channel Den chasing the last whale down the torres with the cameraman in told it like it's over there, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Jody catching up with your heap's beach so beached beach?
Speaker 11: Is it didn't help getting on it and riding it back to the display.
Speaker 1: We just give up on that display. I mean, honestly, this.
Speaker 2: Isn't a message. It was the first or second day that was actually put in there, and then bank it's swept out.
Speaker 11: But as much as that was hilarious, there obviously is a lot of people across the city who were dealing with, you know, roofs that had ripped off. There was a cement wall that fell over this baby and woman miraculously and her husband mar survived, fell onto their house.
Speaker 1: Flooded businesses as well.
Speaker 11: Some of the rainfall totals though I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to this sort of stuff, So the rainfall totals were huge. We had Scotch College was forty five point eight millimeters in one hour to seven oh two am.
Speaker 1: No, I get it, that's out rageous. Mental.
Speaker 11: And then we had forty four point two millimeters in three hours to eight fifty two am. And that was at Blair. So some of the hardest hit suburbs were sort of the Mitch and Blair area, and then also the South RSPCA, one of the state's oldest shelters there that's in Lonsdale. That's really badly damaged. So yeah, so lot's going on. So hopefully everyone who does have damage will be helped quickly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, bit a bit of a wild, wild weather day. Well, fortunately the rspciate Lonsdale. I am building a new facility that they're about to move into because the other one was on its last legs so I speak, So I d say this is probably it for it yeah, and I and this was sad couldn't get to the cheese section at the coals at the Avenues yesterday because that got flooded on.
Speaker 2: Know usually it is flooding there. We've mentioned this before, because I've got to hoes you out of them this, I couldn't get a free.
Speaker 11: People.
Speaker 1: I take examples.
Speaker 12: I don't go we go there.
Speaker 3: Hello, Jody, I know you have to pay for those raspberries.
Speaker 11: There was more than two hundred calls to s E S. But yeah, I just want to say a big shout out to all of our emergency service workers. Police were out because there were blackouts, there was traffic lights out, lots of s e s out and about, and obviously the fieries as well. So thanks to everyone who has helped. And let's get cleaned up and onto the next one.
Speaker 1: Let's go again.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, Saylor Swift love story. Coincidentally, the code word, the final code word for TEXTA is love. Belive. This time tomorrow we'll have a winner.
Speaker 1: I know who doesn't love love? All right?
Speaker 2: Absolutely flats combination everything paid for over Melbourne to see her. You've still got a chance just to swoop in like Stephen Bradbury text through Love Hope for double nine one nine nine one. I just clean up this thing.
Speaker 1: And who doesn't love a good pedicure? As a question as.
Speaker 2: Well me, I don't like a good peticure. I don't like anyone within about five meters of my feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was five k's.
Speaker 2: Actually five k's. Yeah, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: So this is the deal. You hate people touching your feet.
Speaker 3: You've neglected your feet horribly for the better part of three or four decades.
Speaker 2: It's a real distant relationship I have on my feet.
Speaker 3: It has it is And so Battle of the Bangers is coming down to the wire tomorrow. There will be a winner, but there needs to be a punishment for the loser. So if you lose, I'm going to make you have a pedicure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if I win, guess what. It's been confirmed you're going to give me the pedicure.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I agree to that.
Speaker 3: I think it's all I think that has been loosely flagged on air abs that was never locked in.
Speaker 1: That you're understanding that was locked in.
Speaker 11: I would like to see it happen if I'm honest exactly. I called you a seventy year old. So I'm in the crap already. I'm off your Christmas card list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you're ever on it.
Speaker 2: If you're doing it, do you want to bring your own angle grinder or do you want me to provide one, because I've got a few tradeing mates that can help you.
Speaker 1: Out being dumb and dumber where he has.
Speaker 3: Everybody's getting his like toenails ground out sparks.
Speaker 2: It's flying off my feet.
Speaker 1: You're missing toenails, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Missing toenails is like extra toes. There's like extra long hair too. My toenail hair as well. On the big toe, it's like boring four or five inches believable stuff.
Speaker 1: Cannot lose tomorrow. I cannot. I cannot.
Speaker 3: All right, We're gonna launch our Battle of the Banger's Songs tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Please vote for me, otherwise it's gonna be heinous.
Speaker 3: You built a time machine.
Speaker 2: On This Daisy Wednesday edition of On This Daisy has that time of the day where you go, do you know what? Sit down? Tools down? Let's just crop a little injection of knowledge. Sure won't hurt for very long. Twenty November, let's go back to nineteen forty eight, Australia's first Holden Motorvic was launched by GM Holden Water Run.
Speaker 3: Just the heartland out there for you, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes, good old Central's boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The love each and every year we do like a little bit of an advertiser promo. Th Yeah, out of the factory.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was good stuff, a good, wholesome.
Speaker 2: Funcus iconic as well, the whole streep across the dog He's goods. Yeah, just as iconic now with Pete Page, Pye Day. That's what an institution. It was like genuine one of the great partnerships. I'm starting to tear up.
Speaker 1: Oh boy okay.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand and twelve, Uber officially launched in Sydney, New South Wales, with the first aid in Australia to provide the service I.
Speaker 1: Think everyone when Uber came out, I was like, what is this? Like we've got taxis?
Speaker 2: No thanks now like eat, good luck, imitate like these fake taxis. Yeah, and now taxis.
Speaker 3: It's tough because now that I've got a business account, but over I'm away.
Speaker 2: Yeah how good Zoo twenty ten Rolling in the Oh by.
Speaker 1: Dell Yeah, no, I get it.
Speaker 2: It was released was it. Yeah, remember a few days ago when I told you that joke about crashing the car and said rolling in the jeep. Yeah, that's funny, wasn't it. And that one song on November twenty nine and nineteen ninety seven was tub Thumping by Chamber One.
Speaker 3: Oh, get knocked down and get back up again, and they're never going to keep me down.
Speaker 2: She's just a song that we don't tie ourselves to you because it's about irresponsible to drinking.
Speaker 1: So no no idea.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the.
Speaker 1: Well hazy.
Speaker 3: Next, he sees the return of an absolute cult favorite.
Speaker 1: It is called Gladiators.
Speaker 3: The host of it is Liz Ellison by Ryan and they joined us in the studio.
Speaker 1: Now, good morning, morning, morning morning.
Speaker 2: Oh I love a redo and I remember back in the day like Vulcan Tower something Gladiators. Yeah, it's good to have you guys back. It's strange.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's great to be back, and it's great to have Gladiators back. Some people asked me when we started, oh, do you remember like when you were growing up watching Gladiators. I'm so old that I was actually grown up when Gladiators, but I do remember. I remember Vulcan and Delta Storm, Like all those guys, I was so big and fierce and strong and scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And what about you, bo, what's your memories?
Speaker 4: Well it was iconic for me. I mean mid nineties. I grew up. I idolized Hammer. Obviously he played rugby league. I played rugby league. I wanted to be a rugby league player. That didn't work out technically I did play. But well, here we are here, But I just remember again Vulcan Hammer, Delta and then getting home and then pretending my lounge was the pyramid, right, but it was so iconic and stepping on set first day with Liz for this new season full circle moment.
Speaker 5: Hey, it was really I had tingles the entire time.
Speaker 3: Well we've ticked off the gladiator box, but let's get to the real stuff. Because Hazy desperately wants to talk rugby league with you, and I desperately wanted to netball.
Speaker 1: So here we are.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that you sold yourself short. There. What one hundred and ten hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: Games twenty seven who's counting right?
Speaker 2: About one hundred of the West Tigers, which means as well, you know the great.
Speaker 5: So are you actually, yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 4: The other day I was going for a swim in Sydney and this kid, he was about about eleven years old, little on the kid from out western Pendriff, and he said, you used to play on RL Because he was with his dad. Of his dad noticed me. I started talking to him. I said, yeah, who do you go for? Yes, Pendras, he goes, Who did you play for? I said the Tigers and he started laughing in his head off.
Speaker 5: I said the Tigers used to be good. He said when how old are you? When he said eleven, I said, before that really good?
Speaker 1: Can we talk to Liz now dying of all time? This netballer of all time?
Speaker 3: And I grew up idolizing Liz watching you play Lis And I very embarrassingly said to Hazy, I hit you up on a plane once. And I'm sure I just wanted to say hello. I just wanted to say hello.
Speaker 6: It's so nice.
Speaker 1: No it's not, it's creepy.
Speaker 6: No, it's nice.
Speaker 12: I love it when people come to say hello to me, and I feel like my husband laughs at me because I will.
Speaker 6: I think the world's a great place.
Speaker 12: People smile at me, they say hello to me like I think the world's beautiful, and then when we go overseas people you don't smile.
Speaker 6: It's because I don't know who you are.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is what the rest of the world has to put up with. No one smiles at them. I know, like the whole world's beautiful.
Speaker 6: People tell me that they love netball, and then the world is happy.
Speaker 1: Yes, are you still living on a farm?
Speaker 6: I do still live on a farm in northern New South Walia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the end goal. She's the young girl. She comes down, does Gladiatorus for however long we filmed.
Speaker 2: For fifteen years, it felt like, and then.
Speaker 4: Goes back to her little retreat. She's got a beautiful place up in the North Coast, and then comes down when she it's hard when you're trying to do voiceovers together, Yes, because we have to do voiceovers for the show, and we are. We have done none of twelve, so we're going to try and knock them out today.
Speaker 6: We are.
Speaker 12: But I also think that we should try and get like a recording studio in Byron Bay, you like, I live near Barron Bay.
Speaker 5: Or get someone else to do it.
Speaker 6: Oh it sounds like us, I reckon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys look like us. You sound like us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take it. I play netball like Liz you do.
Speaker 6: Although Hazy has bigger calf muscles.
Speaker 5: He does and probably plays better rugby league than me.
Speaker 2: I'll put some pants on it. If someone ever said you look a little bit like by Ryan, I would absolutely take him.
Speaker 6: Did you just say I'll put some pants on?
Speaker 1: He doesn't. He does the show most mornings, right.
Speaker 6: So listener, we paint the picture.
Speaker 12: We can't see Hazy from the waist up, so I don't know what's going on over there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's nature thing that made me elevate above wist.
Speaker 3: We can't make him wear pants, so just put the desk up so we don't have to look at it, you know, sneak around later from.
Speaker 2: Touch anything. Look spirits South Australia.
Speaker 1: I did ask to see your calves and you won't show me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm just a lot of body.
Speaker 6: Should we tell you a little bit about Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, oh got you. Some of the athletes is well, we've got to out Australia. We've got Damian Gilbert Ryder who's Cobra and also a guy who is close to us because we've done some stuff for him is Kwami, He is Maximus, and he is one of the biggest units of all time.
Speaker 6: He has the biggest, the biggest legs.
Speaker 12: And you know the problem is with these guys when we all when they all got announced as Gladiators, I started to follow them on Instagram. So now my algorithm's ruined because I say this algorithm of wine and cheese and beer, and now all the algorithms suggested he was all this, yeah, shirtless, but now I go to this fitness stuff. I don't want fitness stuff. Too odd for fitness stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, we're super excited.
Speaker 3: Gladiator His returns Sunday, January seventh, on the Beautiful ten Network. Thanks so much for coming in. That's about it for us. It's been an eventful morning.
Speaker 2: Has isn't it the safe? The whale is safe? So from us to you, we'll leave you with this. Do you happen to have a bucket or a Who's Brew?
Speaker 6: I need to get wit Esipale.
Speaker 2: Jodie and Hazy are done.
Speaker 1: I missed any of the show up from the Nova player and follow them.
Speaker 11: Jody and Hazy on the socials Nova nine one nine