Speaker 1: That of Origin selection just around the corner, which probably leads us into a nice little hot take.
Speaker 2: Brent, Reed, you've got one for us.
Speaker 3: Listen, I do my man KP. He's playing Friday Night. I just got a feeling he's been a bit, a bit of a slow burn the season for KP. I he's going to turn it on with Origin around the corner. I think Friday night he's going to be a huge, monstrous game saying good luck or I spoke to his dad today, Chuck. Actually, yeah, did.
Speaker 2: He pass on the regards from uncle Brennan?
Speaker 3: He didn't know. I didn't send my love, but Calen, I don't need to send it. He knows. I think he's going to turn it on. Baby.
Speaker 1: Is there any concern given Reese Walsh is out, there's no concern about KP not playing for They're not going to shift Tabio.
Speaker 2: You'd be in the center. You've got to pick.
Speaker 4: KP is going to cry.
Speaker 3: He's the man, He's the many.
Speaker 2: They won't look at at look at a young sta.
Speaker 3: All the controversy drama is in New so Wales. We'll get to that, okay, we can, sir. Plenty of trouble. There's no dramas in Queens, you.
Speaker 4: Might make a bench of other side of the players.
Speaker 2: They're going for the little man, the little man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are your thoughts on Kurt Man playing that sort of Selwyn Cobbo utility not not the fourteen role kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I it's it's an interesting one. We didn't in the sight obviously. David U had that story yesterday and when I saw the headline, I just assumed that Kirkman is going to be the bench utility. I was fine with it, and then reading the stories like, oh, they're gonna have did and too interesting? Small isn't small as well?
Speaker 2: He's done that before Billy though with the bench right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I just I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know how do you.
Speaker 3: Use if you've got kurk Man as you're that bench utility, utility who contentially come on and play in the middle of the field whatever he does, how do you use is didn there is he their break glass? In case of right?
Speaker 4: Kirkman will play thirteen. Right, that's that's the role that he will.
Speaker 3: Play with didn't play me hooker?
Speaker 4: Could play hooker? Yeah, that's that's that's where you think you're playing lest there's another injury, but it'd be hooker. And kirk Man has obviously played every position in the NROL over his time. That's why he makes sense as the fourteen. But yeah, it's an interesting dynamic there. Do you like it? On the bench? But what's that? Do you like that bench?
Speaker 3: Who else was on that bench that David was Lindsay Collins and he a long time and I think Lindsay has been a bit down this year, actually had a great year, so that concerns me a little bit. But aside from that's pretty has got to be in the side somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you're taller than those blocks.
Speaker 3: What's your point, mate, It's a very different. It's not the size of the dog in the fight. The size of the fight and the dog men. Just remember this is what you've always got to remember when it comes to origin.
Speaker 4: You're from Queensland, queens.
Speaker 1: Let's move south and the boarder blues. Can you see any surprise?
Speaker 4: What drama? There's plenty of players to choose from. I'm like you, guys, there's no drama.
Speaker 3: Too many, there's no drama leaving out Mick.
Speaker 4: I'd leave out Dylan Edwards.
Speaker 3: You would not I picked James another comment I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: I picked him in my squad on the week he didn't, did you? But I said this on the show last the other week, I said, if you picked Edwards, sweet, I'm happy for Like, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Sitting here saying you would drop Dylan Edwards.
Speaker 4: I picked James.
Speaker 3: Pick loyalty when he doesn't matter, exactly, Loyalty doesn't matter, Jake to Borovich, Honestly.
Speaker 4: What's your team?
Speaker 2: What about Terrell May? This is.
Speaker 3: Jake, Mitch, Mitch, and Nathan Jerome serious would have been there. We all know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mitch, after two games, you're happy enough.
Speaker 2: He was a very good last week, Mitch shount up, Isaiah Tell.
Speaker 3: James Good was in a sixty four mil thresh. What you're saying.
Speaker 4: Southwes and all sorts? Obviously?
Speaker 2: What about Torell May?
Speaker 1: Has been really good for a large part of the season, doesn't seem to be timing his run to perfection.
Speaker 4: He's an interesting one because if he doesn't play, I don't think New South Wales have a debutante for for Game one, so he'd be part of that bench rotation and under consideration alongside you know, Jacob SEFIEDI.
Speaker 3: You know, did you who was in your turn? Do you have Jacobs.
Speaker 4: On the bench?
Speaker 3: I think it's Jake Orrell, and I went with Jake because I think he does.
Speaker 4: But then you start, Jake, Yes, you kin'd of have Jake off the bench? Yeah, Jake has to start.
Speaker 3: Who's your captain? You're not incumbent captain who won the series last year, But you just dispensed with thirty.
Speaker 2: Minutes off the bench?
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I can lose game one and then and then you dropped d C and then we'll see what's going on.
Speaker 3: We lost last year.
Speaker 4: He's a captain, Mate, we missed though we lost.
Speaker 3: Missed the point, mate, Loyalty only counts when you win. If you lose, loyalty goes out the window. Sure you won, we lost.
Speaker 1: Is it a little absurd to a stick to loyalty for a game that was ten months ago with.
Speaker 4: A different coach and a different structure. Doesn't matter, different coach, different style play, doesn't see your clueless? If it doesn't matter, Sorry, it's a different coat.
Speaker 3: How many serious did we win? A?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 4: You play one game. It's a different coach, different structure.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter, mate, is your captain lifted the shield last year.
Speaker 4: I sawry what it was your heart and soul.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to go nowhere his mate see you Ladder.
Speaker 4: Blues game one picking game two.
Speaker 3: Probably that's generally what happened to Jake. Don't pick him, lose and they go to him, to him.
Speaker 2: Who's going to coach the Perth Bears Day one? The male was Brad.
Speaker 1: Arthur has already bought his house there, he's already signed up, everything's ready to go.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden there Now you had this earlier in the week.
Speaker 3: I think we all thought Brad was home and host. They're going to go through a process now, and it's a three way shootout.
Speaker 2: Love a process.
Speaker 3: Brad. We knew Sam was in the mix, but Big Males the one who's come from left field, and he's got some support. So I wouldn't put a line through a big Mail yet. And I think mail. My dream is my dream is mal and Sam and tandem and but Melan and Sammy together as part of some form of succession plan. I reckon that would be would be amazing. Can you imagine the profile they have over there? I love it. I love the idea.
Speaker 2: This pains me.
Speaker 4: I one hundred agree with Yes, I think on board. I think now is the perfect coach for that. So I wouldn't have him coaching any other NRL side, like as a head coach, but head coach of the Bears. I think it works perfect.
Speaker 1: Twenty years outside of Madam coaching, it doesn't matter because he, like I think he's going to need more than Sam Burgess as well.
Speaker 4: He's going to need another guy that's been an experience assistant, that's been in and around the NRL setup, no doubt about it, because.
Speaker 3: Maybe a couple of.
Speaker 4: Three senior assistants. Usually there's two senior assistants and a third. He probably needs three senior assistants, I'd say. But Mao will do everything in terms of profile. You know, he's not a guarantee to sign players, but he's a guarantee to get a meeting with everyone that whoever he wants to talk to will get that. He's really big on community and we've seen him do that with the Kangaroos and from the bottom up, and I think all the things that this Perth franchise needs off the field, Mao will bring it right. And he's good at bringing groups together. Is good at doing that stuff, and their hands on coaching will be some of the others that he gets in. I think he's the most logical appointment.
Speaker 3: He's huge on culture too, and they need to get the culture right from day one because they're in a turf fight with the AFL, so you need you need to have a strong footed club with a great culture so that you make sure they don't go the wrong way, do the wrong thing. And Mel's big on that as well, so you know it'd be interesting. I think we'll have a decision next week. I think that you know, it's going to be really quick they make this call, and I think Mel's I'm hearing Mel's potentially got his nose in front now, which is when you consider we thought Brad was done and dusted. That's really interesting.
Speaker 4: And we've seen our hostile some of the media attention has been over there, and Mal will handle it, looks Bambi. Now we'll get on the charm like Sam will handle it beautifully, like you know Sam can command it room, and you know he's been through through it all before. So I think that partnership, that combination with it's got to be more to this coaching staff. Right, that's not obviously the finished product, but them is a one two punch with a few others surround them. I think it's perfect.
Speaker 3: The other huge theme Sam brings is he knows Super League and I think they're gonna have to raid super League because obviously the player numbers, so he knows super League really well. English players love him, respect him, adoreing right, So instantly you've got that in your favor. And rugby union. Sam knows rugby union as well. I mean he didn't have a great stint in rugby obviously, but he's played rugby union. He knows rugby union. He'll know players to go after. So I think that's where Sam's really advantageous for Perth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the good in here is the fact that you're a direct flight match England seventeen hours. Rugby's going to be careful because you know, they might be able to throw some money to keep some of the bigger a's, but some really quality rugby players. They're going to get their heads turned by this. And I agree with your point about Mal that he's the guy that he's not going to say anything controversial, but he's going to be the guy that he's going to get media attention, he's going to keep the Bears at the forefront of people's minds, and it's going to be so important when you're going to try and sign these guys. I think we've seen with Wayne Bennett the Dolphins, and you're going to have this figurehead of the Kevin Sheety type at GWS. You know, it all works in in that regard.
Speaker 4: With all due respect to Brad, Brad did a lot of meter. Brad was always pretty open with the media, but didn't seem to come naturally. Didn't love it like where you know, and I think maw would just command attention, command back pages, command spots on the news, and that's what this side is going to need.
Speaker 1: There's a rumor doing the rounds. Well it's not a rumor. It's been a call. Brent Rena, need to get your thoughts on this. The Brisbane Broncos have been urged to ditch their Monica the Bronco and change their name to the Brisbane Boomerangs.
Speaker 2: Peter Peter have.
Speaker 1: Put out a release today declaring that the Bronco should sack retire Buck the Live Bronco the Live Horse, go with the mascot and change their name to the Boomerangs.
Speaker 3: You can't ditch buck. Poor Buck will see the glue factory is part of it is part of the fabric of the Brisbane Broncos.
Speaker 4: So is the issue? What's the issue of that?
Speaker 3: I think they consider that cruelty.
Speaker 2: They consider it cruelty. You with powrotechniques and the horse running around and.
Speaker 3: He looks, ok, I've never seen Buck up set?
Speaker 2: You know him? Well, are you, Wilbur mister?
Speaker 3: It's a bit sense. Been going a bit far from me.
Speaker 2: Should we seen Peter and not let him know what a rabbit o actually is? They cross that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't think it's.
Speaker 4: Next is going to be the poor boardog leads the team out.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Peter do a good all the berries, they do a good job. But that's that's going a bit too far.
Speaker 2: What do you like about it?
Speaker 3: What I like about that, Peter, Peter? They protect the animals, nothing wrong with that. I got a dog.
Speaker 2: I've got a dog.
Speaker 3: A bucket on the seat at the moment, so surgery my dogud the bucket on his head. You got you got a dog?
Speaker 2: Nos past couple of years, you've.
Speaker 3: Got a dog. You have a bucket on the head. It's so annoying. They walk around bumping things. Yeah, they come and give you a jump on you. They hit you with the bucket. Honestly, the.
Speaker 2: Head up there could be.
Speaker 3: Money in that. Someone needs to come up with a better concept than the rigid, firm bucket. There should be like a flexible bucket so when he hits it sort.
Speaker 1: Of probably probably isn't going to serve the purpose of stopping itches or that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: That There's got to be something better, Peter, there's something you should be working on. Leave the broncast alone. Sold. The bucket is.
Speaker 2: What to watch this weekend. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: If there was ever a Friday six pm game Knights v. Eels might be the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm going up to that game.
Speaker 2: Good luck pumped.
Speaker 1: Dylan Brown's first trip Browcastle since signing the Knights.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on how he's going.
Speaker 3: I think he's he's playing better, right, He's still not at the level I think he's been out in the past, but I think he's playing I think Mitch has helped him, right, Mitch coming back and Dylan Walker and lat you Tip.
Speaker 4: Been doing it for the last three years.
Speaker 3: Is he in your origin team you normally pick him?
Speaker 4: Not this year, Connor Watson? Could you continue.
Speaker 3: So be interesting to see the recept You've got a good reception up there, even though he's on the opposition. He probably needs to fire up. They don't have a good game given the focus that will be on him and the amount of money is going to get when he goes there. The thirty man.
Speaker 4: Interesting for nine fans if he does come out and brain it like it's like one of those ones where you go, yeah, well, at least we can see why we paid a ridiculous amount of money for him.
Speaker 1: Do you think Paramattas need to go with Newcastle in the first half to have any chance because after last week's debarcle, Yeah, that was bad.
Speaker 3: You know Adam Well would have reacted to that this week?
Speaker 2: You reckon Well, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he would have watched that second half That was so bad from Newcastle is embarrassing from him. But they went alone in the second half fade out last week. It was crazy. But yeah, I don't know about the nights. They just keep making The concern for him is that they keep making the same errors. I saw glimpses in Paramatta's attack last week where you could say, okay, you can start and to see where Jason Rowles wants to go with this side. They're probably not there yet or upscilled enough to do everything that he wants to do, but you sort of started to see the board movement and the pace and things that they want to do. But it's a tough one to pick.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see Tony Mattel sorry, Tony Matali, young prop get his start. He had a bit of time up at Newcastle, but he's a Western Sydney guy who's been working his way bit of an edge forward now.
Speaker 2: Into the front row.
Speaker 1: But Paramatta they've got some injuries there. Their front row stocks are a bit short. So Newcastle obviously without Leo Thompson that's going to be tough as well. Zach Lomax is eighty minutes of football enough to get him in origin place right.
Speaker 3: Risky, but I'd put it as long as he gets through the game. I put him in. I leave out Tye and then who are you sent us? Latrell and Tommy Steve Tommy instead of Brian Tyre.
Speaker 2: Which Jacob kraz Oh, Well, that's very dismissing. Wow.
Speaker 3: I think those blokes are ahead of it.
Speaker 4: If you're picking, you're picking the team two weeks ago. He's in because of all the injuries, was.
Speaker 3: So good last year. As long as he gets through the game this week, and I don't think you're going to leave him out. I mean, I think the hard.
Speaker 4: Decision is who's at center?
Speaker 2: Who's it wing?
Speaker 3: Center's fine. I think Latrell after last week has got to be there. And I think the issue is when you got well, if you're going to fit Tommy in the team, it's going to have to be on the wing, and that means leaving out either or Lomax. That's the tough decision. Loyalty, Maybe Tommy shouldn't be there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what about Bradman Best, what about well he brained it last year, won the series?
Speaker 3: Loyalty and Latrell wasn't there for the first two games? Was it when you come in?
Speaker 2: Bradman Best was there and one of them helped game.
Speaker 3: This is my point. Same and Nathan Cleary. They weren't there because of injury. That was their spot. They weren't there because of injury.
Speaker 2: Opinion.
Speaker 3: That's an asterisk. That's a caveat Asterix injured, loyalty rewarded.
Speaker 4: I've gone and Cryton on my wings, on.
Speaker 3: Your wings, plenty of wing, and you've got what Tommy and Latro. Really, it's intriguing that has been the best sneer in the comp.
Speaker 4: Last three weeks has been outstanding here. I thought he was really slow to fut the year to be fair for Stephen defensively was really good. Last three weeks has been outstanding. But if whatever, if you pick him, I'm not going to argue with you.
Speaker 3: Put in one one Crichton and Max and your wing, No Lomax.
Speaker 4: Max, that's a toss of the coin that one. Yeah, and kra is so close. He's so close. As I said two weeks ago, he's you don't like him.
Speaker 3: No, I'm listening to this and thinking, how can we win with massive underdogs again? Massive underdogs? You worried, made massive underdogs.
Speaker 4: Play for you?
Speaker 3: We can't win? What do you mean and what can play?
Speaker 4: You watched him lately?
Speaker 3: I think it was pretty good A couple of weeks ago, wasn't he I'm sure I did sideline for game really good.
Speaker 4: I think it's been pretty poor this year.
Speaker 3: Who's the other senate?
Speaker 2: The Jackson? Purdue? Rob Toyer?
Speaker 4: Rob Roby?
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 4: Rob Toyer? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Play a little bit more footy? Robe it one day? Is that good?
Speaker 4: Game two?
Speaker 3: Who did you say?
Speaker 2: Jackson?
Speaker 3: He's good? It's not six? So this week six isn't that's his position is a six?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you no dramas up in Queens? That's pretty where our team picks himself. We can't win anyway, guys, Sorry underdogs.
Speaker 2: Code Sports.
Speaker 1: We've been running an exclusive player agent's poll on all things rugby league hasn't caused any head ex whatsoever, so we'll move straight into it. But one of the questions we asked the agents were, what was this strangest request you've had from a client? Because let's you know, let's be fitnick and some of these agents have to be minders, second babysitters.
Speaker 2: To players, So what about this one?
Speaker 1: An agent has revealed that a player wanted four hundred tickets for his debut and they use them all.
Speaker 2: How many do you get? Usually more?
Speaker 4: Yet four per game?
Speaker 2: Four hundred, four hundred tickets use them all.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of brothers and sisters, isn't it cousins?
Speaker 1: Well, considering we were looking before and match for milestone games fifty fifty that you get two tickets for your family, don't you flights accommodation and that's outside the cap, So that four hundred, that's who's who's footing the bill for that.
Speaker 3: Well, did they ask for freebie? He's probably the club they asked for freebies?
Speaker 1: Well, good question, question alone.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 1: One agent said one of the things he had to do with was stopping a player from confronting a journo who wrote crap about him. You two have been fronted, Really, Peter, really, why would you stop the player?
Speaker 3: Shane Spencer's agent didn't stop him the other week when he gave it to me.
Speaker 1: It's interesting some of the things that have come up with this, including a player's mother wanted a commission from a deal.
Speaker 4: There's some good ones. There are some good ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well i'd say that, you know, some folks have. Caitlin's father represents him in contract.
Speaker 4: Talk, so it's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he takes I'm sure he doesn't nothing right because they're a very close family. But yeah, that's interesting that a mother requested a commission and.
Speaker 1: You're looking into the kalin contract for the fact that he's the interal's highest paid player, does not have an agent.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have an agent. Well, he's got an agent for his commercial deal, so he's got an agent. He looks after his endorsement, endorsements and things like that. But his father, Andrea, and him do the actual negotiations with clubs. Tried agents, had an agent in the past, didn't go well. So and you're really tight family. Obviously, Andrea's als been at his side throughout it all, and their view is we can handle the negotiation. Other than they're all forced to. Caitlin and I spoke to Andre about it. Carla makes the final call, but they just feel like they don't need an agent. You can't argue with the irrational. He's got out and got the biggest deal at the time, the highest paid player in the game, So they've done a pretty good job.
Speaker 1: Six and a half percent, Mickey of one point three million is not bad that you save annually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot, And it's interesting. You know, I guess if you will be interested next time Kalen's off contract if he does consider Rugby Union or other clubs. Does he look for an agent then, because you know that's when it does get super complicated when you've got rival offers and you got to arrange to go see him and things like that. So that will be interesting to see how it plays out next time.
Speaker 1: Now, are you guys familiar with any famous number tens in rugby league? Only for the fact that a player agent has revealed that a player insisted that if he was going to go to another club, he had to wear the number ten because it had always been his number.
Speaker 3: So good, take one step one guess.
Speaker 2: Really, I can't think of who it would be.
Speaker 3: Let me think it might have been.
Speaker 2: It might have been, Well, you can't.
Speaker 3: Guarantee it anyway, ken you what do think get picked on the bench?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He wants that.
Speaker 1: Well you could do like the old Bryan Smith, trick him and then put him on the bench and are you to have the massive benches and you could just super coach would not.
Speaker 2: Have been able to survive, you know, I reckon it was?
Speaker 3: Does it say it was recently? Or I was Woodsy, I was Aaron one of the great regular league primns. Yes, would that's you, buddy?
Speaker 1: We know, mate, if he takes off that shirt, is there a ten to carry on?
Speaker 3: If he didn't, wouldn't get number ten. I think it was number eight, but I reckon it was Aaron Woods certainly.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's outstanding to see any of the big takeaways you've heard from your agents in dealing with them over the last couple.
Speaker 3: Of weeks putting out brush fires. And no, I think the agents have enjoyed having to say that. I mean, fifty two of them replied, I'm not sure. I'm not sure other people have enjoyed they're saying, but I think they've enjoyed having to say and in the big issues on the game. I think what's interesting is a lot of the changes in general wants to make and turns of ages for signing players transfer windows. The agents are back that, yeah, which I find really interesting and the aneral should use that.
Speaker 1: They should they should be tagging that when they talk at the rlpas about this, because not not only just backing they were behind them, and a lot of things around the ages of scouting and the signing of players and making sure it's a you know, you're at a respectable age that fits in with your your Harold Matt's your SG ball and the amount you all your all your cups on both sides of the border.
Speaker 3: Right yep, good contribution.
Speaker 2: Thanks Michael,