Speaker 1: Get the Morning every day every lazy gentleman.
Speaker 2: Adelaides Well, friends and Froze, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Great choice.
Speaker 2: Just to kick off your weekend, we spoke to one of the most beautiful, perfect people on this planet and that is Ryan Fitzgerald.
Speaker 3: Oh isn't he a god?
Speaker 1: It much better than my fi girl does it?
Speaker 3: Godlike creature?
Speaker 2: Yeah, loves a music festival as well, and they're dwindling in see Houth, Australia. So this is a genuine little passion piece of his.
Speaker 3: A fifty has come up with a concept.
Speaker 4: It is a music festival, seven hundred bands and fifty cent beers.
Speaker 3: Nice, not quite fifty that's dangerous. Cheap beers though.
Speaker 2: Boy, I'm also told us about some of the stuff that he used to get up to in Yatler. Not really, but listen up and you'll find out exactly.
Speaker 1: What that makes day Fridays. There. He is a great man, Ryan Fitzgerald, How are you, sir? Through there?
Speaker 4: Okay and try another button unless sir, there we go not that one either.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: That was nice music. Should we jump into a song and try and get back to Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could definitely try and do that. Because in the meantime, I mean Fitzy, let's unless unless he's making those sounds on purpose.
Speaker 1: I was just about to bust in a bit of goachi.
Speaker 5: I was yelling out to your mere technology.
Speaker 3: Isn't it wondrous?
Speaker 4: We work in the communications industry and yet we get it wrong so many times.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I've got to change over this motor roller. I'm so old and sick of it.
Speaker 1: It happens, isn't it, Hello.
Speaker 6: Motor.
Speaker 3: I heard a roomor you went to Coueens of the Stone Age this week? Is that true?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yeah, Memorial Drive the Drive. It's a great venue there.
Speaker 5: He is the coolest man on the planet, Josh Homie, lead singer of Coins of the Stone Age. He moves his pelvis like no other he. I mean, Jason Derulo moves his pelvis as well, but not as good as Josh Hommi.
Speaker 6: When he's got a guitar in his hand, He's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jump on the Johnny and Hazy Instagram page two and you will see some moves from Hazy this week that all had our stomach churning.
Speaker 3: But make sure you check that out please, because it was interesting.
Speaker 6: Were you there, Hazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was here.
Speaker 2: It was me making some out ofrageous moves and my hips. My hips don't work.
Speaker 1: Are you flexible, Fitzy? Can you move you? Oh?
Speaker 6: God no.
Speaker 5: I went to a party on the weekend where you sort of swap a few partners and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I could touch my toes at all. Actually, do you know what my hamstrings are? Okay? I can touch my toes.
Speaker 5: I've made in the shower at night and in the morning, I make sure for thirty seconds I touch my toes and I couldn't.
Speaker 6: Do that for years. Plus.
Speaker 5: I'm getting into pilates. I've got a former at home as well. I'm working on it, Hazy, but yeah, as I'm getting older, it's getting harder.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting raging there, Fitzy. And then when did they let you out of Yetler?
Speaker 5: Yeah? True, Well you've got to be flexible going in there. You've got to be ready to go.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sorry, True, I'm going to take Hazy a long time. I do hot pilates a place called One Degree Studio. If you want to come along with me and practice some hot It's pilates but on steroids, Like it's like forty degrees in there.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, like Big Gram yoga.
Speaker 4: Like Bigram yoga, but hot pilarates and you also do a bit of hit as well, So high intensity Stuff's the hardest thing I've ever done.
Speaker 5: The guy that invented big Gram yoga got he got a little bit amorous with a few of his clients. Unfortunately he's in yat Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, Johnny Bigramowski. Hey, I'm quite seriously though. We know that you love you at your music festivals and you're a big advocate for particularly music festivals in South Australia. There's a lot of stuff that's shutting down. It's actually quite concerning. A lot of these festivals aren't going through because of poor tickets.
Speaker 6: Ups Groove and the.
Speaker 5: Move was the latest, yeah, which was at Wayville and regionals all around Australia. It is it's really I think we all knew with the cost of living that it's got to hit the pocket at some stage, and I think we're really starting to see that now we've got quite a few festivals. But I'm really alarmed by this. Can I also say as well is what I do love about Albow and the Labor Party is that they've actually they are funding the arts, so they're looking after the arts and South Australia is huge for that, so there is funding out there for music festivals. For any event that you have in your local area, they're prepared to look after you guys. The other thing as well, ticket prices are pretty full on and I love Coins of the Stone Age, but hazy that you know that was one hundred and seventy bucks to go see a band.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like it's.
Speaker 5: Full on now and I look, you know, I've already plugged this festival, but we've got one down on the mid Coast. The number one thing that we said to each other is we want to look after the punter.
Speaker 6: Let's not go for a high ticket price.
Speaker 5: So to see fifteen bands with the marker Kaine and that it was we're saying eighty five dollars, so under one hundred dollars. And the other thing is well beer and beer prices, booze prices at these places are it's ridiculous, like so we've said eight dollars a beer and that's I think people. Look, they remember that more than some of your lineups that you have. It's not about your lineup, it's about looking after the punter and the prices are a big one. God, how often can you go and see a band under one hundred bucks these days?
Speaker 1: Especially fifteen Yeah, there'd be someone though, fits it. There'll be one person and be like, do.
Speaker 2: You know it's Ryan Fitzgerald's fault that I had thirty beers two damn.
Speaker 5: Cheap, too cheap note, But that's what we want to do.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 5: I remember, like back in the day you can go see a band for ten bucks at the Glenelg Life Saving Clubs.
Speaker 6: And that's why the Bearded Clams were the best. You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Where's the Pipe, Hot Tomatoes, Clowns of Decadence, Sativa, which Freebooter, Thick Lips, Test Eagles. So many good bands in South Australia that you can go and see. I'm not joking.
Speaker 6: These are bandsles.
Speaker 3: I don't know whose shorting bands or adults. So I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I'll do another plug because it's next weekend as well, but nice day to go to the club. The festival's next Saturday. Eighty five bucks. That's all of his market came. Bad Dreams have just been added to the lineup as well.
Speaker 1: That's a big one.
Speaker 5: You've got Wes Ebanton, great Adelaide band, and then Coffin We've got you know, Stiff Richards.
Speaker 1: It's such a there's a great band names by.
Speaker 5: The way, they're brilliant names. And then you've got all the locals Ethanol Blend You've got Molly, Rocket King Jeff and the How I Use Bend.
Speaker 6: We've got We've got three fifteen year old kids that play footy at the Footy club. This is their first ever gig.
Speaker 5: Bend are playing as well, So go to the day Bed Records website.
Speaker 6: You can get a ticket there five bucks cheap.
Speaker 3: I love it and I'm just watching Hazy's face.
Speaker 4: He is genuinely spent the last three minutes waiting for you to invite him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well, Hazy, come on down because Marlon, Marlon Motlop's coming down as well, and I know you had a great chat to him. Marlon's a great musician himself. So yeah, we've got a heaper crew coming down, so we'd love to see it and we'll hang out for the test. I have to pay for it.
Speaker 3: You have to pay for it. There's the kicker. You're little tight ass. You have to pay for your ticket.
Speaker 2: Ill absolutely, I'll absolutely pay for it. Looking forward to that, Fitzy mate. Thanks so much for the chat. We love it each and every week. We'll do it again next week.
Speaker 6: Love you guys, Speak to you.
Speaker 1: Then, here's what you're waking up to, Adelaide. What's the NEOs today? Your posts?
Speaker 4: Everything you need to know this morning to start your day, because it can be overwhelming when you look at your phone and you're like, oh so much news. I finally I had someone to break it down for me. Well, we've got that someone and it's news reader Abby.
Speaker 3: Go enter newsreader Abby.
Speaker 8: So obviously the most wonderful time of the year is upon us.
Speaker 3: It's fringe season.
Speaker 8: Rip to all of those who have wed sleeping schedules and we'll still want to go see shows. So good luck to you over the next month.
Speaker 3: I EU I E me.
Speaker 8: So there's more than fourteen hundred artists performing six thousand shows. This just blows my mind in a month, how six thousand shows can be put on. It is the second largest festival in the world, which is really cool. It's going to inject about one hundred and five million into our local economy, which is really good for our hospitality venues. As we spoke about yesterday, we're seeing a lot of closures, so this is good for them. And around fifty thousand people head here from interstate and overseas over the coming months to attend the festival. So go off, Adelaide, get into it, get into it.
Speaker 1: So let's break a record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Are there any shows that you in particular want to see, Abby that you can recommend?
Speaker 8: I am off to see Amos Gill yep, so that'll be fun. And also off to see the twenty seven Club next Wednesday with a few friends.
Speaker 2: So excellent shows could for you. We're going to speak to Amos Skill seven o'clock. We can have him live in studio.
Speaker 3: You just try and be cool, mate.
Speaker 8: I know, well, this is why you put me in a box, so I don't I don't come out because I'm a get all that.
Speaker 3: Oh God, don't speak to me.
Speaker 1: Chained up news.
Speaker 4: We're speaking of being chained up. That could be our mate Donald Trump. So basically he has a trial. Date has been set for his criminal trial. It's going to begin on March twenty five. He'll spend six weeks in a New York court room, while he campaigns to return to the White House. He's obviously claiming this is all a political ploy from his opposition to try and tie him up so he can't run against current President Joe Biden. So in April last year, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg hit him with thir full felony accounts of falsifying business records to cover up the Australian one hundred and ninety nine thousand, seven hundred dollars hush money that it's alleged that he paid to Stormy Daniels, So who was a porn star?
Speaker 3: Hush money basically?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, a lot of information I'm learning for the first time. Yeah, for the first time.
Speaker 1: Joke.
Speaker 4: So he's always denied that he had an affair with Stormy, but a court will hopefully get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 3: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hear from the great man.
Speaker 9: I'm being indicted for you, and never forget our enemies want.
Speaker 4: To take away my freedom because I will never let them take away your freedom.
Speaker 1: Is that gaslighting?
Speaker 2: I'm getting locked up and I'm doing it for you, all right, So you should feel.
Speaker 4: Grateful, doesn't he just play into that whole rhetoric of I am here to represent the people.
Speaker 1: No, you're not made all the people.
Speaker 3: You want all the power that's for you.
Speaker 2: The people, particularly people of India, didn't he any trumpy good luck.
Speaker 4: It's also come out that Fanny Willers or Funny will Sorry that's her actual name.
Speaker 3: I'm not making that up.
Speaker 4: Don't look at me like that, producer m a Democrat elected to the position of district attorney, is facing violent threats because she's the one who's attacking Trump. And so it emerged that when she was leaving the courthouse a couple of weeks ago, she had to dress to someone else and they had like a proxy, a dummy to go out the front with a bulletproof vest. They were that concerned about her safety because they intercepted on the dark Web a plot to kill her, and they were like, the best time to shoot her is when she leaves the courthouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazing. Welcome to America, everybody, Americans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we've said this long time.
Speaker 2: Protect Fanny at all Cocks newsuss I career of us up A little bit of sport there, Joe's Port, Adelaide's Hall of Fame and season launch was last night. Congratulations with a few inductees. Peter Burgoyne Brendan laid of course individual honors, but also the entire two thousand and four Premiership team. Congratulations to the boys, David Brown and also Mark's Kretchma, who was sample.
Speaker 1: Grades from the Magpies also made the Hall of Fame. So good stuffs? What nam all right?
Speaker 2: Let's just swiftly move through this, shall we? That is our post snooze news coming up next? First question, Yes for the six fifteen vending machine quiz?
Speaker 1: Can you handle this? Yeah? How to do it?
Speaker 2: Just the most important thing in this life is that we leave a good impression, and we leave our slogan, and we do things that make the next generations remember us in a good way.
Speaker 3: Leave a physical and emotional imprint.
Speaker 1: Spot On couldn't have said it better myself.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, I couldn't find the words. A transplant surgeon find twelve thousand dollars and he's lost his medical license after burning his initials into a patient's organ.
Speaker 1: That's what we're talking. I'm going to have to.
Speaker 4: Say that again a little bit slower. What he's burnt his initials into patients organs.
Speaker 2: Because he's just trying to leave his mark on the future generations.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what I'm talking about, when you really, really, quite literally leave a nice little imprint of your life. Wow, we maybe it's on someone's organs. Yeah, what's your little slogan?
Speaker 3: Oh my slogan?
Speaker 1: Did you ever sort of graffiti things around the place?
Speaker 3: I wasn't a big graffiti were.
Speaker 1: You back in the day? We were Jody Oddie was here?
Speaker 3: No, because that wasn't my name for a start, it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was just predicting your.
Speaker 3: Feature literally two marriages ago.
Speaker 4: So no, if I had written that, it would have been Jody Williams was here. I'm sure I'm on the back of a few toilet cubicle somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, okay, drop your phone number anything, because that's outrageous. That's real, like Midwest American truck stop type.
Speaker 3: Well, I grew up in Hobart, mate, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not even going to go down I'm very very dark.
Speaker 4: But v to a tool qupical that it hasn't had graffiti on the back of it down there?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really, Okay, some of the messages are quite out righteous.
Speaker 3: An't, but yeah that can be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just trying to leave my mark.
Speaker 2: I've got three kids coming through and I want them to be like, you know what Dad was remembered for something really really positive. For example, if you come over here to the desk, you'll say that there's all sorts of little slogans that I've just inscripted all.
Speaker 1: Over the desk.
Speaker 4: Well, you do do a lot of like inscribing on the desk, which is very naughty and you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. They are a bunch of doodles.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't matter what your message is as long as it's a positive one. Okay, this is a positive message. Look, they're everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, look at them.
Speaker 2: Look at that one. Isn't he a big handsome fellow. It doesn't matter what it is. This particular boke, his name was Simon Bramble. He's a surgeon, so he branded initials under patients of liver during a transplant, leading to his loss of a medical license. The incident was one of two at a hospital in Birmingham, England, so he claimed it was a stress relieving act.
Speaker 3: Wow, so did he do it? On people that have died, or people that he operated on and lived.
Speaker 2: No, no, from recovering patients. It wasn't my dead bodies. There's people out there with his initials on their liver.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: What about bloody trick, isn't it?
Speaker 2: When you show you mate? So I have a look at the liver. Yeah, it's got the spokes initials on it.
Speaker 3: What about me though?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I mean if they were dead, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Have very very morbid.
Speaker 2: He was convicted of assault, he was fined and deemed arrogant by the medical practitioners tribunals.
Speaker 3: It is a bit egotistical.
Speaker 1: It is a little bit egotistical.
Speaker 3: Initials on someone else's liver.
Speaker 2: Stick to drawing doodles around the place much less harmful. I will not be convicted of assault. I will not be fined. I will not be deemed arrogant. I dare say, by Nova, I'll be deemed awesome. A drawing dicks.
Speaker 4: Okay, if it makes you feel better when I die, you can engrave a doodle on my liver.
Speaker 1: That many doodles on your forehead. I can put it out. It's bliss.
Speaker 4: All the family comes for reviewing they're like, Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm off in the corner just giggling.
Speaker 2: We're just about to get in Jody's die for this week, and before we do that, Joe's can we just actually slow it down just for a second and behalf of myself and news read to Abby. We just want to say something to you and really express our feelings and so just how sorry we've been over the last a few days. So if you're just tuning for the first time, we've had some fun. Abs, We've gone down this path where we've made a few ageist jokes and all these types of things, and I feel bad, Abs. Do you feel bad? Like it's I want to apologize. I'm sure Abby wants to apologize as well.
Speaker 8: Now Yeah, no, Jodie, like, you know, we're just it's all fun and game, you know.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to have fun, you know the moods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, that's right, And I'm not angry as us like to say, I'm just disappointed.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you what do you do? Sue us?
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to write a diary and you're going to listen to it.
Speaker 8: It's funny, my ninety four year old Nana I caught up with for a coffee and she said, you used to keep a diary at primary school as well.
Speaker 10: Oh gosh, oh what's that I just showed sending your facts to that particular person.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's not fair, Jode. Your phone's ringing, by the way, you're going to answer.
Speaker 8: That I didn't have phones back then.
Speaker 2: Once again, once again, we sort of went in a different direction. But let's just circle back. Sorry on behalf of me and Abby. Sorry anyway, please tell us about the diary this week.
Speaker 3: I no, I don't need to say anything. Just hit play.
Speaker 1: This is going to make you feel better.
Speaker 3: Did that that started out as an apology, didn't it? I just I don't know if where it ended up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: You know when your mom says you have to apologize and you're like sorry, That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: When you're like sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, my four year.
Speaker 4: Old when she's made to apologize, says sos. And that is more genuine than what I just caught from you two.
Speaker 1: That was a big old so from us, it really was. Anyway, you ready, just quickly that the theme this week's diary?
Speaker 4: Okay, the themes You're an idiot.
Speaker 3: Diary.
Speaker 4: There were a lot of men doing a lot of incredible things this week. We had Taylor Swift's boyfriend winning the Super Bowl. Old speaking of Adam, was very disappointed to win tickets to her show. You Want Usher smashed the halftime performance. Little John's contribution was monosyllabic but epic. Well, Kanye aggressively shut down all the haters after his Mizzo turned up to the super Bowl after party dressed like an only fans Dorito.
Speaker 11: You don't like my page and don't like what I'm posting, goork yourself.
Speaker 4: Speaking of incredible men, even my husband took on the premier this week. You guys after the Ice Arena released a ton of carbon monoxide. Well, there's a new sheriff in town and his name's Green Dottie. I knew this day would come, and he went head to head with our premier, Peter Mellanowski.
Speaker 1: There is no future in that arena.
Speaker 2: I mean everything's falling apart, the government, the sport and wreck and they need to come to the party.
Speaker 1: They need to build a new facility.
Speaker 7: We haven't actively considered giving money to the Ice Arena.
Speaker 1: Ah, the swift talking man from the West.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the boys.
Speaker 4: And then there was our special little man child Andrew Fishery one.
Speaker 1: Night, Cema, have you talking myself again?
Speaker 4: The man who fails to comprehend the most basic communication.
Speaker 1: The thirteenth, Yes, that's her favorite number?
Speaker 3: Sure is? Or is it Travis Kelsey's number? After yesterday? Who's to say?
Speaker 1: I don't understand that references?
Speaker 3: What do you mean he won the super Bowl yesterday? Her favorite number could change to what is it eighty seven?
Speaker 9: Whatever?
Speaker 4: His number?
Speaker 1: He's eighty seven? Her favorite number thirteen, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but my point being, he won the super Bowl yesterday, so maybe it's changed to eighty seven.
Speaker 3: That could be her new favorite number.
Speaker 1: Ah, what's that got to do with the thirteenth of February?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, are we live alight?
Speaker 1: Let's start this all again. Good morning, folks.
Speaker 4: The man who refuses to say sorry, so apologize for what?
Speaker 1: Apologizing for anything?
Speaker 3: The man who nurtures children's nutritional needs not I'm curious about this. What would you put in a lunch box?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I can have mother and a cigarette.
Speaker 4: And whose first job was a scene right out of Breaking Bad Thanks.
Speaker 2: To my wife, Carra I very much got into ice. And when I say I, of course I'm in frozen water. Their family business, of course, was Adelaide ice, now Arctic ice.
Speaker 3: You're looking around the room and everyone's horrified. How those MIC's going.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start this all again.
Speaker 4: Good morning, folks and diary. Can that man's throw together a rhyme?
Speaker 2: I just can't say the word that rhymes with brick and starts with their stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in fact, that doesn't even rhyme.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm starting to think that maybe my co workers think I'm a bit of a boomer.
Speaker 1: Goats or top.
Speaker 3: He's setting me up.
Speaker 1: He said out.
Speaker 8: She was paying bloody pens back in the dark.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: Do you think I don't know?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 4: I was going to my first daid on a penny farthing.
Speaker 1: Of the horse and car.
Speaker 4: Kanye, if you don't mind yourself, the same pie, sausage rolls, pasties, that's all.
Speaker 3: But that's all stuff.
Speaker 4: You got to it at the canteen when I was a kid, A pie of chocolate milk. Thanks, And don't say how much it was. And because I'm so old and back in the day it would have been eight cents.
Speaker 9: Shut up.
Speaker 1: Was it sense or Shillings. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he told me to say that.
Speaker 3: Kanye yourself.
Speaker 4: So all the men who are slaying, like Travis, look, John and Drew Fisher, Hayes, yourself, go off this weekend. Kings and Queens, Oh my love, Jody.
Speaker 2: Battles, you're sy You better believe what a fierce contest this is.
Speaker 1: Sitting currently at to Apiece, and.
Speaker 4: Anyone who's been listening for the last five minutes will realize it's been a rough week for me, and the Battle of the Banger's victory is something that I probably really needed.
Speaker 1: I don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 1: All about the music.
Speaker 2: Don't bring your personal schnanning is into this place. It's all about the music. Please, for goodness, say well, don't start doing the whole. I've got some stuff going on at home.
Speaker 1: And I need this.
Speaker 3: I didn't say at home. I said I've got some stuff going on in the workplace. Okay, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I'm just assuming there's some stuff going for some reason my home. Liks, great, Oh now I'm ready.
Speaker 3: What's going on, isn't it anyway?
Speaker 4: Battle of the Bangers two songs head to head by two fierce musical warriors. Jump on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page cast your vote please, And this week's theme is love song.
Speaker 2: All right, strong choice from Jody Ooddy. Oh yes, the late and great Whitney Houston. I mean, if this doesn't make your picture Kevin Costner carrying out Whitney Houston via the bodyguard.
Speaker 1: And what's going on?
Speaker 4: I think Kevin Costner in Yellowstone cancels out everything else.
Speaker 3: Now he's so good in it?
Speaker 1: Oh really? What about Dances with Wolves? What about water World?
Speaker 3: Not on the radar?
Speaker 1: On the radar? Okay? Good strong love ballad? Thank you versus? Yeah, that's right. You heard Vanessa Carlton.
Speaker 2: So I'd say most blokes guilty pleasure song.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't like this song.
Speaker 6: I don't like this song.
Speaker 1: Then behind Closed Doors are like, yeah, I don't like it. I love it.
Speaker 4: Apparently the vote stands and we don't know which waits swinging, but fifty three.
Speaker 3: Percent to forty seven. Wow, and a world first. This week, my husband voted for my.
Speaker 1: Song really yeah, Oh Greex turning, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I said that's very nice.
Speaker 4: That's the first time you voted for me, and he goes, yeah, well normally your song suck.
Speaker 1: Oh. This week is all about renowned for his honesty.
Speaker 2: He's greg oddy. We'll say that much, all right. Whitney Houston, b Vanessa Carlton cast votes. Winnie song will be announced just after eight o'clock this morning.
Speaker 4: Jony and Hazes Coffee shouts congratulation the world's best cop of coffee.
Speaker 6: Great jab everybody.
Speaker 2: Seems wildly appropriate to do this, Joe's And also given that you know we still haven't officially opened up, do you just want to flick the door open there and let the troops come in?
Speaker 3: Sure, here we go open the bifold doors.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, well, aren't here they come?
Speaker 10: WHOA?
Speaker 3: Certainly not how I fold sound in my mind.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it's a different time. Welcome everybody.
Speaker 3: Look at them, all them along.
Speaker 2: You're looking very up and about for a Friday, A good stuff.
Speaker 3: Every Friday out.
Speaker 1: I was wondering what was going to happen there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll probably do for old mate to set up the UI boom in the.
Speaker 1: Corner, aren't we Okay? I think so? I wonder what's in the menu today? Okay? You might as well make press play. Let's get stuck into it. What have you got?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Hang on second? Hang on second? There we go?
Speaker 2: Is this this is a bit of an alternate version. Chanls absolutely classic.
Speaker 3: The course crank it?
Speaker 1: What a that? How good? Carl from Good Heart? Can you hear us? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: What about the saurday? I have a last stay from a cafe? Absolutely going off its face? Banger?
Speaker 3: Who knew Shannon had this in it? What can we get your carlor?
Speaker 2: I'm going to get you a prod red bullad thought. You're you're so more than welcome, parlor, Enjoy and enjoy this absolute banger.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Thank you beautiful color, have a lovely way and enjoy your coffee.
Speaker 1: Satisfied customer, Hey, Neil, turn that up please?
Speaker 5: Awesome beacon a drunk see a step back and.
Speaker 9: Seeing them up?
Speaker 7: People, you make the.
Speaker 1: Sound and this is the messing I've ever heard of my life. I'm sorry, We've got to.
Speaker 2: Get any here. Joe's We've got a day blitz today. Oh but well done, world Auntie Shannona on that little remix say they have a la stay from our cafe never fails to deliver. Fridays, thousands of satisfied customers. Back again on Monday next tait a day, the final Blitz.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I wish for more.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to one of the great comedians starting. He is a little journey at the fringe. First one that is Amos Skill. Yes, proud to say as well that Amos joins us live and studio.
Speaker 1: There he is. Morning. Hey, you still got that Sen sports talking?
Speaker 11: You're going to Cyril RIALI at the beginning of it of an over.
Speaker 1: Brains the text seven A wonderful six.
Speaker 3: I can't just get I cannot get the sen out of him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, just more Taylor, swift mate, Hey, more swift less, Cyril more Taylor.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome home. You've been kicking massive goals overseas.
Speaker 1: Oh now you're doing it? Yes, good.
Speaker 11: I got back last night at about eleven pm. Always nice, always nice to be home here in Adelaide. And I live in the States, yep. And I just thought i'd tell you a quick story about my Dadah, a good bit of Australiana as Dad comes to visit me in the New York Comedy Seller, which is a big venue there in the United States. So he went down and I'm telling this story because Dad will be listening to this and I have to get one back on him. Here we sit front row and Dad's got on his best polo shirt, which, as an Australian dad traveling his best polo shirt is always some kind of golf polo of a company he doesn't know that he ever played for fifteen years old holes on. It sits front row and the show starts as a black comedian called Godfrey on and Dad hates audience interaction, and the comedian comes out and looks at my dad and goes.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy looks racist.
Speaker 11: And then and then my dad panics and goes absolutely, And I'm like, that's what you've gone back with absolutely Now the comedians all love it. At the comedian was like, at least this man knows what he is. He goes, He's honest. A lot of white people who pretending they ain't. And Dad's like that, oh I am mate, I'm bloddy racist.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 11: So every comedian is fist bumping my day because they're like, that was really really like that you handled that in a very funny way. So we go back to the comedy the next night. Dad wants to do it again. This time he's like, turns up cocky. Yes, He's like, am I'm the king of I'm the king of crowd work. I'm the matte Rife of the future. And so he sits front row. A different black comedian walks on stage and before he even says a word, Dad gets a heckle in early I'm racist, man, absolute silence, like you can hear a pin drop at the comedians.
Speaker 1: That's cool, man. And Dad looks at me and he's just like, what happened there?
Speaker 11: I was like, last night you were accused of better racist and played along. Yeah, tonight you just sort of just screamed in a man's.
Speaker 1: Faith, welcome to farm. So he'll he'll be out tonight.
Speaker 11: So I look forward to seeing what he's got.
Speaker 3: Fringe, won't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want to talk to you about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey. It's obviously absolutely massive here. You've noticed a difference between coming home.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, because there's so many shows you can see Taylor Swift in in America, so there's not the same it's not the same thing here.
Speaker 1: It's like she's not in Adelaide.
Speaker 11: Yep, she skips Adelaide of course I would never skip adelaide.
Speaker 1: Of course, let's just remind themselves of that. What are you people paying? Like, what are you five thousand a ticket? Something like that.
Speaker 3: I think at the last minute people are paying thousands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it starts at one fifty up upwards of thousands.
Speaker 11: What noise everyone in America is that all these Taylor Swift girlfans who have jumped on it, They've jumped on the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: They've decided to give football a go. Team was not meant to win.
Speaker 11: All these women are like, I love football, I love football Hour Calsey and Patrick Mahomes and they won. These women have put four months of football support in and they get a Super Bowl. It's unrealistic. I can't believe we're back to football. But it teaches you the wrong thing. You're meant to lose year after year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And one guy is sitting over there, sitting pretty at the moment is Kanye West, who despite the Taylor.
Speaker 11: Mania, I'm not going to say which side I fall on, but he's number one again.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 11: Now I'll tell you what Taylor Swift. If you're a fan of Tay Swift, yes, yes, she's had a great run. But unless Taylor Swift can go on a wild anti semitic rant, yes and get back to number one?
Speaker 1: How is that a thing?
Speaker 2: It's only in America where you could go on such a tired like Kanye, but then somehow ranged to make a comeback. You do something like here in Australia you are canceled as all. Hell, oh mate, I've you know, I've had. I've said a couple of things in my show this year that me and I may not be back.
Speaker 1: You're fluting. But I so did not write the songs that Kanye West has written.
Speaker 11: He puts what that's his altitude training is he tries to cause as big a scandal as he can, and he's like, man, these beads have got a slap or prison.
Speaker 4: Ban sen Sorry, who's his Australian wife? She went to the super Bowl after party dressed as a dreido. Like literally, her dress was just a triangle on the front and a little slit on the back.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 11: Australian media like I because I get both news sources.
Speaker 1: American media is like, oh imagine being her. Look at her beautiful body.
Speaker 11: This a lovely Australian woman and then I flick over to Australian News and it's like, oh, she's a hoe and she's been in prison. And every American woman where I mean homelessness is rife for the United States, is like I'll be in prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wear that. We're pretty conservative, the most conservative Australians. Yeah right, So I mean, what are we going to expect tonight with your show? Well, listen, I'm going to guarantee one thing. My show.
Speaker 11: I have maybe got a touch of the Americans on me, but it's very, very full on. It's a fed If it's I believe it's I've just done it for.
Speaker 1: A month in Perth.
Speaker 11: I think it's probably say it's one of the more full on shows the stand ups are doing this yet, which is good. That's what stand ups for. It's a dirty little glory holder. Yell your horrible opinions.
Speaker 3: In all right, we'll grab our kids and we'll head along tonight.
Speaker 1: I call it the straight I call it the straight white male gloryhole. Here we go. All right, it's a dark space. We'll all get together and say what we think. I don't know what, who know what happens? I don't know what that means. Wink wink.
Speaker 2: All right, amos, you're going down swinging at what a suitable title with the title. Come on, starts and I go through for entire Fringe tickets Adelaide Fringe dot com dot au. Gillie, thanks for your time this morning, Thanks for having me. Welcome back to the radio. Jod's one of the great shows on TV. Of course, Hello, we say Haley, Peace and Lauren to Chesiray and the beautiful stunning Tom Ran.
Speaker 9: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. Tom gets beautiful and study. I'm staying right here.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, gorge Lauren, gorgeous, but Tom still gets stunning and break.
Speaker 9: Tom is studying.
Speaker 7: You know, he's got beautiful hair, he's little eyes gleam.
Speaker 4: One thing you will learn coming into this studio is that no one compares to Tom Wren. I know nothing will ever stand in the way of the beautiful bromance that is Andrew Hayes and Tomrn.
Speaker 2: He's a god in our eyes. So you, Lauren, and thank you for jumping into the studio because we're here to talk about something which is really really important. An iconic institution in South Australia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you know the guys from Big Shead Brewery. We've all seen their massive brewery on Oldport Road. They built it in twenty nineteen, you know, like a lot of businesses, we're gonna invest in South Australia. We're gonna build a big building so everyone can come and enjoy our beer. And then for eighteen months to almost two years, no one could go there. Yeah, and so then you know they've been trying to work through problems ever since. And then you know, not yesterday, the day before, you know, they went into voluntary administration. And soon as I saw that, like the tears welled in my eyes because if anyone knows the owners, Jason and Craig from Big Shead, you just know they are the most amazing guys. And the story of how they were they were making beer in a bathtub back in the day. They liked doing it, and they told us, they were like, we're going home to tell our wives that we're gonna we're gonna start a brewery, okay, And they'd be texting each other going have you told her yet.
Speaker 9: Waiting for the fireworks of their wives to go.
Speaker 7: You're not quitting your job to make beer, but they did it and they started this. You know, they've started an institution, like craft beer in South Australia is so huge. As soon as I saw that they what had happened, I called Jason and I like, I actually was crying more than him. He was probably like, can you just like, can me farm stop crying. We're gonna be okay. But I just said to him, how can we help How can South Australia help you?
Speaker 9: He goes, well, anyway you can help me, we'll take it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Great, Well, here's your platform. So what do we need to do?
Speaker 4: What does South Australians need to do to get them back on their feet.
Speaker 7: So firstly we've decided working with them. On February twenty six, we're going to have a massive event there on Old Port Road.
Speaker 9: Their license for a thousand people.
Speaker 7: I want a thousand people in that venue and there's no real you know, just come in and all you have to do. We want to buy out all their beer, all their beer, buy their drinks, buy their food. I've told them I want to put all their slabs of beer there and we're not leaving.
Speaker 9: It's like a lock in. You love this hazy. We're not leaving until all the beer is gone.
Speaker 4: And also they used to make beer in a bathtob he bathes in it every Friday night runs a beer bus.
Speaker 7: Is that why your skin is so silky smooth? You look like you're twelve?
Speaker 1: It's very yeasty, isn't it?
Speaker 9: The TV doesn't do you justice.
Speaker 2: It's definitely the hops. Can I just say something Lauri as well? And this is actually quite important. It's bloody good beer. It is very very very good beer.
Speaker 7: And they've partnered up with lots of other South Australian businesses for their beer. And do you know what, We've had an overwhelming response from so many other South Australian businesses just texting us going how can I help. I've had even other breweries going, you know, this could be us, this could be any one of us, how can we help? And that's pretty good when your competition to still want to help well.
Speaker 4: And the other thing that I love about this great state of ours is we rally, we rally and we show up. So when Spring Valley we're in trouble, Spring Gully, Spring Gully, Sorry, Gully Gully Gully, We're in trouble we got them back on their feet by sheer volume of people just going and buying their product.
Speaker 3: That's what we need to do again.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 7: We bought those pickles, we bought that chutney, and like we all enjoyed their products. That's all I'm asking if everyone can go out and buy local. There's lots of places that you can buy their beers, go online, but if you can come to our event. I'm talking to lots of people at Fringe. We're doing it on a Monday night because that's when Fringe is shut. Yeah, it's mad Monday. But there's a lot of artists that are looking at coming. So we're going to put on a huge free concert. So it's going to be great for people if they want to come and bring their families. And all we ask is buy their beers and buy their food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so you know how he has beer bus, also has chutney and pickle bus.
Speaker 9: This is getting weird. And by the mint, why are you so weird?
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 12: I'm Italian Greek. I mean it would make sense my bathing like olives and passes. But you may shock because Johnny, it's a sherguderie board bar.
Speaker 2: All right twenty six Yep, it's the big Shed brewery on Court Road.
Speaker 1: Let's really have a crack at.
Speaker 7: A thousand people. Guys, they've hit a thousand people. I've double checked this like seven times. You guys are definitely licensed for a thousand people, right, because I'm going to tell a thousand people to come. They're like, we are definitely licensed for a thousand people. Love this, So I want to be stopping people coming in and then like throwing cartons of beer out on the road and taking cash for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah for me?
Speaker 9: Can I do that?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 9: Yeah I can. It's for a good cause.
Speaker 3: I tell the text yes.
Speaker 9: Not cash card.
Speaker 2: Everything's legal, everything's fine. And Lauren obviously as well. More details via Adelaide.
Speaker 7: Yeah please ade Lady Hallo, I say, please be following us on social. I know you guys are probably going to keep people up to date as well on social. We really thank you for getting on board with this. Anyway we can help South Australian businesses. You know what, anyone who owns a business out there, it could be any of us. We've all gone through tough times. You can get through COVID, you can get through anything. So if we can help someone from falling, that would be brilliant.
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous, isn't it. I need you to play your part and drink a heap of beer.
Speaker 1: I'm making a difference.
Speaker 12: My dad would be so proud of me. Yeah, you're tell them to drink the beer, Lauren.
Speaker 4: I just love that there's gonna be blokes going home that night, Like you know, a schooner is deep going.
Speaker 3: I'm doing my part sound show.
Speaker 12: Why have you just spent seven hundred dollars in kinds of beer because Lauren told me to?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I'm gonna have all these angry wives at me.
Speaker 1: Lauren, thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys for having me