Speaker 1: Jace meet James Cicily, captain of the Hawks. James, Now, what was I telling about Hawthorne?
Speaker 2: Well, we were just saying, I think it's your year.
Speaker 3: A right? Is that is that bad? Jinx?
Speaker 4: They go last week?
Speaker 2: You guys were flying towards the end of last year semi final.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did so. Just the guy that knows other thing about football.
Speaker 2: I'm in the room, guys, I'm here a serious question. We need the captain. Yeah, you get a better parking spot at the club, Like, what perks come with being the captain?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Well I only just got a better parking spot because I became a life member of the club. So yeah, A wait to twelve years to park underground and I finally got one.
Speaker 3: A yeah on a rainy day. Do you just look at the other boys, Is you're driving an underground?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Find out there, guys.
Speaker 5: And usually when we leave, we all leave at similar sort of similar times and I get the press basement and they around, they all get out.
Speaker 2: Of it all right now footing in all seriousness. Yet you guys will flying at the end of last season. Does that add pressure going into this year?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah it does.
Speaker 5: But that's exciting you know, we want to be a part of big games, and you want to be there on the last day in September, and that's the biggest occasion and the biggest amount of pressure. So yeah, being back on Broadway and living up to expectations.
Speaker 4: Is just a part of high performance and excited.
Speaker 2: By it if you like being a part of things. I've got a bit with Mate Syndicate going.
Speaker 4: Does the Wizard love it?
Speaker 1: He loves it, man, I mean it seems as though he just sort of the heads is sort of getting bigger and bigger.
Speaker 5: I've got a few of those guys down forward, those peacock sort of personalities, So I mean they'll play well. They'll play well on the Fridays and the Saturday nights, those sort of blokes.
Speaker 2: If they did a if they did a Docker or a bio pick on the club, who would who would you want to play?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Which actor?
Speaker 4: Which actor? It's like, dude's name from Home alone McAuley.
Speaker 5: Cork actually so likely blonde dude.
Speaker 2: We'll make good luck for the seasons on the undercover part.
Speaker 1: Jeezz Lucky Neil. Welcome to Nova Melbourne. We know you, thank you a part of the Nova family. Yes, yeah, love my over guys over in busy.
Speaker 2: Lucky eight minutes into the Grand Final to know you had it?
Speaker 6: We were losing eight minutes into the ground, I think we're two goals down.
Speaker 3: Okay, I should have went with fifteen minutes. No, no, we weren't.
Speaker 6: We weren't fully ahead like by fair bit until maybe like the twenty minute mark of the second quarter. So now I didn't know until maybe around three quarter time.
Speaker 2: And then and then you know, you got it that thing we.
Speaker 3: Were seventy points up. If we had a loss that I probably were tired. The terms are hard.
Speaker 2: But do you find then you're just going to enjoy the fourth quarter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: We were trying to keep a lid on it a little bit. At three quarter time you could sort of sense in everyone's eyes that everyone wanted to smile and sort of get happy.
Speaker 2: But we tried to make you run out the fourth quarter with the beer in hand.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 6: I think Harris tried to grab one at one stage halfway through the last quarter, but nah, I five someone around the crowd or something.
Speaker 2: So carying on a bit, but it was pretty fun.
Speaker 1: The last quar goold hangover to have right waking up the morning after a Grand final bad I saw you were right, you're hoing into a buddy barbecue sausage, I think when I saw it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's the way you want to wake up with a hangover if you're going to have one.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't work with a trophy. Is it like an adopted chock get a week on week off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think there was a bit of a roster that was online, so you had to book it out for a certain period of time.
Speaker 3: It hurts Rent cup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you had to book it out online and then yeah, you got it for a couple of days or whatever. Did you do it during your week? Well I kind of. I kind of stole it straight away and had it early on and it was just sitting in my bedroom for maybe three or four nights, which was pretty cool until someone called me and said, have you got the cup?
Speaker 3: So I had to go into the online booking system.
Speaker 2: Now I remember when I think Mason Cox brought the t.
Speaker 3: And it's dank.
Speaker 6: It didn't still washed ours heaps, so yeah, yeah, because obviously after the first couple of days there's a fair bit of beer and whatever else put in there and drunk out of it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the club were onto it. They washed it.
Speaker 4: It never never really got that.
Speaker 2: Now, how does coming off a Grand final do you almost have to change your mindset and go, this is a different year, don't look back starting at the bottom.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 6: We spoke about that basically day one and then still had sort of functions and things where the cup was there and whatnot, and then we spoke about it post Christmas. We sort of put that behind us now and that was last year and we move on to this year and we know the last couple of Premiers haven't been able to make finals the next year, so that's a challenge for us and one that we're looking forward to that we can't wait for it.
Speaker 2: You know, you're only up the road from the Suns, right, The Lions have got a good, good team song. Yeah do you ever like cross Paths with the sun Spiers and go?
Speaker 3: So with their song?
Speaker 6: I thought thought, oh, yeah, that's what I was actually going to say.
Speaker 2: I don't actually know the words to that one the song.
Speaker 6: But no, I don't say that's a healthy run. The new Jumpers, I think Jumpers. I like the one that Noah's got on today. I think it's they've upgraded with their jumper. Wasn't sure about it first, but I like it now. It's actually it's a good look.
Speaker 2: See the Hawthorne captain really three mix written from I thought they've started.
Speaker 6: He's smart, James, he's got the long sleeve on. It's actually it's freezing in here in winter. Yeah, well we're usually running around, we're not just standing around in our jerseys. Usually unless you're the sub then you've got to sit there.
Speaker 2: That'll because if I was a captain i won the Grand Final, I'll be honest, I'll be going out in the valley dressed in.
Speaker 6: That I didn't take for a while, so for a couple of days.
Speaker 3: But where do you keep the Grand Final medal?
Speaker 4: That's a good question. I haven't lost it.
Speaker 6: It's just in my bedside draw at the moment, I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 3: I was going to break in.
Speaker 2: Well, my good luck for this season.
Speaker 3: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: Give m cattle Clint he looks come on mate, come on here.
Speaker 4: He is all right now.
Speaker 2: Look I'm only here this man just to keep clinting me.
Speaker 4: His alegend Max Gorn.
Speaker 7: I'm isn't helping, and we're sort of going like that ex massive, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 4: Careful where Clint text me a bit way too much. I'm not enoughy though, am I your borderline? Because you have family to work at the club, So Max.
Speaker 2: You and I should have actually met last year at gather around. It was after the game.
Speaker 3: Don't don't gosh, I'm gonna get us into the dressing room.
Speaker 2: And Paradus is around the stadium and then we got into him.
Speaker 4: We got stuck at the first gate. Do you know what happened?
Speaker 1: Another passing the world said I've got your names on the door, bring the guys down.
Speaker 4: And we got to the door and we were we weren't going anywhere, and Tuckling had his phone on. T's a hard man to cash Track.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, is he on board this year?
Speaker 3: How is he? Guys with you guys? One of you guys year was throwing his toys.
Speaker 4: He's on board, He's on board.
Speaker 7: The strong thing with Track is internally he said he's loved the club the whole time.
Speaker 4: This externally got mixed up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, How are you boys feeling for this year?
Speaker 7: No, we're excited we've been quiet for once. It's straining training.
Speaker 2: Does that mess with Actually that surely got a mess with your head when there's heaps of stories about the club, and even if it's like the track thing where it's it's misconscued, and that would screw with the club.
Speaker 7: Last year we had a bit going on and then we also will the opening game all the Round zero game.
Speaker 4: This year, we've got nothing going on. We're just training and we're the last game of Round one, so we're I tear.
Speaker 1: What is going on? A new sponsor which you're very excited about, Sick which okay, Lego yep, switched back to Milbury. You get the crowd, the supporters base is to wan.
Speaker 4: That's great. You got to you just got to indulge in it.
Speaker 3: Now. Do you get free lego now for the kids?
Speaker 4: I'd like to, but also one of for myself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, your Lego Builder, make massive Lego.
Speaker 3: I've still got all the Lego from when I was a kid.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm I'm teens to get involved in. George doesn't have any right now, but it's George. He's three making him.
Speaker 3: Do you play? Get him on?
Speaker 4: There's what's three.
Speaker 3: Matches year?
Speaker 2: Old.
Speaker 4: We've got to be careful around one year old.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what's the household like at the moment? Pretty busy's or he doesn't stop complaining about don't hold My one year old's on the don't talk to me letter.
Speaker 7: To work with him, LA, I'm not sure what's worse. My three year old are best friends. We're best friends. But my one year old, Yeah, it's tough work.
Speaker 2: My shut what my three year olds just started doing. The one in the window has developed love for the word fuck. Okay, yeah, so we'll be I take him out on the bike like you take Georgie out, and then if we hit a red light and people are crossing in front of us, he'll yell it out. Yeah it's not great.
Speaker 4: Who's the fault for that?
Speaker 3: Well, it depends, it really is. May well, look good luck for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Thank you, And if he's if he comes across a bit strong, just reach out all.
Speaker 4: Right as we can. There's a win win relationship.
Speaker 1: Do they call it TV to be fair? I think it's time I became number one ticket holder?
Speaker 3: Who's the number one ticket holder? Down and hamish on?
Speaker 4: I've got no chance, Absolutely no, we've got a radio show in Melbourne, but Hamish had that for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just got everything mad, He's got the Empire cover in New yorkte I.
Speaker 3: Reckon as just getting in the dress.
Speaker 4: The ten games stronger? Hey? Can we open with that? Patrick Cripps cart and footy club?
Speaker 3: Jase? What did I just say about him? He looks lean?
Speaker 4: He doesn't.
Speaker 3: The last time was brown.
Speaker 8: A couple of streps came in Andy and tanned as well.
Speaker 4: What's some has been kind to.
Speaker 8: The weather has been good. Yeah, it's got to pull in the backyard, so don't mind getting out there and getting rigain living brighton?
Speaker 2: Where Jason, have you got a mark on your chest from the brown low? Because I would be sun baking topless just with the brown lower?
Speaker 4: Which one?
Speaker 3: Just sooo?
Speaker 4: Where is?
Speaker 3: Where is it at home? Did you ever display?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, you keep that hidden just a bunch of a few years. You might get abut to show a few mates.
Speaker 2: But would it be a bit showy to put it on the front grille of the cart.
Speaker 4: The car, the car.
Speaker 8: Under maybe the poorer once and once the smart career has done. But we'll keep it hidden for there now.
Speaker 2: Look, Blues fans got pretty excited.
Speaker 3: Last year was looking good. How are we feeling about twenty twenty five? I feel good.
Speaker 8: It's a new energy, new season. Obviously you haven't lost. Ye, it made so really optimistic. But no, it's like you do the work. We've had a good bunch of numbers on the track, so as we know they it's a marathon. Say you do the work now, you put your own position to start the year well and then it's just you keep grinding.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, you've come back Lane, who's come back with a Christmas puddings?
Speaker 8: And the better boys have been pretty good now. I sort of tried to straighten me out into the years. It makes you come back. It's the games too hard, how to come back fat?
Speaker 3: So you should do like the biggest loser way away and scale.
Speaker 8: Yeah it's yeah, it's pretty hard to come back. Overdone now so you break down. But boys looking good, mate, so excited for the year now. Advantage with being the captain. I've spoken to a couple of other captains around here. What comes to being the captain of the Blues.
Speaker 2: Perks captain perks better park, better parking, front end of the plane.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you always get a bit of extra legroom. That's definitely a one, but it's not. It's all about equilibrium these days, which I wouldn't mind bringing a bit of.
Speaker 4: Yeah first in the message table like on Street Gold card.
Speaker 8: Perhaps Yeah, we'll get end of dinner and he's a bitnam n feed so well that.
Speaker 3: We'll play for the next one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, method method to my man.
Speaker 2: Any team you're fearing this year, anyone that you really got, well, actually, you know what, just be honest with me. If you're going into a game, right and say you're playing let's say the Ruse, Right, you're playing North Milton.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and let's be honest.
Speaker 2: They haven't moved from the bottom going and do you go, hey, guys, do we just throw in eighty percent not get injured this week?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 8: You can't, man, I'm telling you, you get wiped out of you do that. Yeah, because like it's pretty well documented, we all down the bottom of the ladder for a long time. But you're still going every week with hope and the thought that you can win. So the CompStat even now, there's not I fear because you know, if you bring your your best.
Speaker 4: You you know we can we can beat anyone.
Speaker 8: But there's certain teams that are right up there that are going to be good games. Brison is always good one. Pis are a good one. So in the games you really enjoy Plart against you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's just because last time we up you were a hung dog millionaire, but he seems more focused out of any captain, which you can actually talk.
Speaker 3: That's why it depending when you sounded like patting himself, it's it's better talk. So well, my good luck for the year ahead.
Speaker 1: Thanks Toby Nane Curvis Richmond Footy Club.
Speaker 4: This is Lauren's footy club.
Speaker 2: Yes, Phillips types because I know there's an age thing at the moment at Richmond.
Speaker 3: A lot of the team's quite young.
Speaker 2: If we were to go out, how many of them would be allowed in the club? Are they all over eighteen?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're all over eighteen luckily, but allowed in the club might be another hard one because a few of them are fair way off in the way they dress and the way they probably carry themselves.
Speaker 4: So they've got a longer way to go there.
Speaker 2: Do you do you feel like we've got some twenty two year olds on our team and stuff makes me feel like I'm the dad and Z do you do you feel like the dad of the club.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I put your heads in Sel've turned thirty last year and I feel about forty five the club at the moment and don't really get long with the social media side of things and all that. But they're great kids and brought so much energy in all seriousness.
Speaker 2: I was chatting with some of the other captains before when you got us travel, you've got to share a room.
Speaker 4: Now we get our own room now. Yeah, you used to have to share back in the day.
Speaker 9: You used to share a room, which is okay, But when you get your own room now, it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Who's the one player on the team you wouldn't want to share with?
Speaker 9: Well, Camon Macintosh snores so had him on camp a couple of years ago and wasn't good.
Speaker 2: They ever thought about throwing some coin in and getting in one of those machines.
Speaker 4: Maybe he needs it, he needs that.
Speaker 1: Hey, you name Lauren Phillips, she reckons She should be Richmond's number one ticket holder.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen around the club?
Speaker 3: I haven't actually training.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: No game after.
Speaker 4: Bobby Phillips is a life member thee too.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you know she wants to be Well, who's the number one ticket older at the moment.
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: That was great, thanks, right, Okay, Jason zach Merritt from the Bombers Now Jason work experience today. He's a Rugby league boy, but has dabbled recently in a f L. The training the hangar they do.
Speaker 4: All over out of the studio for the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now the studio, Dan, he pretended to be a journalist question. I've got a couple of first things. First, if the year is not going well and it starts getting towards the end of the season, do you try and just throw a few games and that way you get first draft pick.
Speaker 4: You can't do that. Who do you go for?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 2: Used to go for the Broncos in the storm. Yeah, yeah, I'm a pies man. Yeah, that's what a man of the people. I started with Melbourne. I realized their supporter basis to wanky for.
Speaker 4: Me a little bit silver spoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Games right, But then okay, and then on the flip side of that, pre season, you do a couple of warm up matches. Surely you wouldn't be going one hundred percent yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I jumped out of the way a little bit. And pre season at I think a few boys do just a little bit cautious.
Speaker 3: You look twelve?
Speaker 2: How old.
Speaker 4: Young? I think I'm I'm the third oldest at the club? Now? Which is we are? Or how many pre seasons he done? This is my twelfth?
Speaker 3: So now here's another one.
Speaker 2: And we traveled together around last year and it really threw me when I saw all the cart and players get off and they picked up their bags, they got on the bus together. If you want some alone time, can you just pay for an uber and get yourself to the hotel or do you have to go on.
Speaker 3: The on the team.
Speaker 4: But I don't like, I don't mind you're thinking though? What asked the coach? That one music an annoyance in the in the in the team?
Speaker 10: Mason Redmond doesn't shut up. So that's a nice trick on him on that.
Speaker 11: I heard.
Speaker 3: I heard you got to share rooms when you travel?
Speaker 4: We don't share.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's all the place bombs obviously going pretty well financially, and.
Speaker 2: Then you shanking and all of a sudden it's bunk beds and.
Speaker 4: I can't see.
Speaker 2: For the season banks hopefully you hold onto those single rooms.
Speaker 3: Do you want a cattle jack?
Speaker 4: Right, Well, the boys to paint a picture.
Speaker 1: They're in their footy shorts, their jumpers and they're freezing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're playing winter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it does make sense, really does it? Like?
Speaker 3: Mate, you should have wort the sleeve option.
Speaker 4: Stop it.
Speaker 1: Jack Steele, Jase Hawkins, Jase Hawkins, Jack Steele, Jack.
Speaker 2: I don't know if now is a good time to ask for a line, but I heard seventeen million stuff is getting thrown around at the club over there.
Speaker 3: What's going on the coins?
Speaker 4: It's it's getting floated around.
Speaker 9: But yeah, we trust his players, Gavin sos To to try and get players to the club.
Speaker 4: Love to see it.
Speaker 1: But as players, all we can really do is he's worried about our job and play a good brand of footage that other players want to be a part of, so attract attract them that way. So it's good to see the club are making movies. Yeah, we're trying to We're trying to get stuff done.
Speaker 3: So see, that's a good attitude.
Speaker 2: I'd be storming into management going We'll look for your throwing offs out there like that?
Speaker 1: How a bit of coin, what do you who did I say, you looked like this morning? I said, you did you get that a bit? Is that just because my last name?
Speaker 4: Still? Maybe I was thinking, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest. When he first put up the.
Speaker 2: Photos, I was like nah, And then when we flicked through it was like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was maybe maybe a little bit, but I haven't had too many times.
Speaker 2: How The Saints feeling twenty twenty five very good at because you guys had a great second half last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: I think we we won five out of.
Speaker 9: Our last six and maybe three finalists in that in that group. So yeah, we we've had a good summer. We've had a few injuries recently, but we're going to be pretty available for our one. And we had a good practice game against Carlton on the weekend where we had a lot of youth show some good signs.
Speaker 4: So we've got some depth.
Speaker 1: What Jason knows that because last week we had Jack Sinclair in the studio and he said, you boys, just you tape it off towards the back end.
Speaker 3: I'm just lexing year, you know what I mean, the first half of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good luck this year, Jack, Yeah, thanks guys. I appreciate it. Am I am I Lauren. Then you haven't been introduced at Tom Norris.
Speaker 1: Okay, So setting the scene, We're at AFL Captain's Day and I've dragged over Melbourne's number one newsbreaker, Tom Morrison, the nine network.
Speaker 3: With the number two AFL news breaker.
Speaker 4: Well you were talking, you were talking yourself up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Tom and I have been chatting comparing notes. Is there any captains that I need to be weary of? I asked Clip, but he didn't know half their names.
Speaker 11: I heard about this actually West Coast is Leam Duggan and in Oscow.
Speaker 3: What I know now?
Speaker 4: I know now?
Speaker 1: So what's what are the what are the big that five? What are the big issues? What are the big issues that Jay should be tackling?
Speaker 11: Jason, I think state of origin football is important?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Cool. I think a night or day Grand Final is important?
Speaker 3: Good? Cool, haven't I think of good?
Speaker 11: I think of Utmost important though, is you need to speak to Richmond. And asked Toby Nane Curvis whether they're expecting to win the flag. Yeah, so that's important because they got high ambitions named Curvis, Coleman, Nank, Colin k Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because they're a bit of a smoky this season. Yeah, the Tigers are in the hunt. Yeah, No, it's all young players.
Speaker 4: Always got it. We always got it, got West Coast.
Speaker 2: Can I have the Ben Cousins club contact? I'm going on so I'll leave that to Clint. Hello, Tommy, we're on their here. That's okay. Is there any is there any captains that are normally better than others?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Moore is very articulate.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't be asking any silly questions to Connor Rosie.
Speaker 4: He can be very slightly from Portel. He's very slight. Jack Steele's very friendly Jack Steele.
Speaker 1: Yeah, securitor, I told you he looks a little bit like Clark Kent Superman.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: The other one, I think it's important to speak to Marcus Ponton Pelly and asking about his contract was out of contract? Western Bulldogs is out a contract? Is he going to stay at the Dogs?
Speaker 4: Is the question? Do you think you will?
Speaker 2: I mean looks with not many options.
Speaker 4: Other options change as good as a.
Speaker 3: Bomb get out, That's what mate. The grass is so much greener on the other side.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm louring here. Clink. Jason loner. You're doing more work than Tom.
Speaker 2: Final question? What Clint gone on his suit? Because there's stains everywhere?
Speaker 4: He was actually having an up and go in the office.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just goes to how much hard work I do in this? He was in early today. Jace, Oh, this.
Speaker 3: Is a good question. Yep.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have to travel on the team bus or can you get an uber if you just want some downtime?
Speaker 4: Is it us?
Speaker 3: No? Not you you idiots? I met the players.
Speaker 11: That's a good question. I mean I don't know the answer. That's why should ask you today. I would imagine they've got an Uber account for the clubs.
Speaker 2: You boys were a lot of makeup, don't you just maybe you should join us?
Speaker 3: Jace just looked like I did put on with a paint roller. I think I'll stick to radio that Tom good luck.
Speaker 4: Do you like our teeth? No? Mine are real? So am I in VISI line?
Speaker 3: Take him out the.
Speaker 4: Channel nine special. Our boss is called Trumpers.
Speaker 2: So that's TJ coming down at tennis.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren, Lauren wake up feeling good?
Speaker 6: I know one hundred Jason Lauren, I'm socials