Speaker 1: Morning every day.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, Adelaide, surely Jelly, you're on the bellie flying through the Gali seeing Nellie with the Shelley.
Speaker 3: Please Welcome to the show, Joshua Shelley.
Speaker 4: Fresh off his birthday, payday success, announcing the right mon Well done, Welcome to the studio, Josh Shelley.
Speaker 5: Thanks, guys.
Speaker 6: Are you going, how are you feeling? What's what's been happening this week?
Speaker 5: We've been training flat out this week. Last last night we had a training session Adelaide Oval and we trained in the.
Speaker 1: Morning, So two sessions a day.
Speaker 5: Getting up this morning was quite a struggle. Two alarms on a head.
Speaker 4: That's like hazy at the gym. Yeah, two sessions each and every day.
Speaker 7: I got to get that working, don't you, Especially with the beach waits.
Speaker 4: You know what, Josh and Becks, what's hazy? We've been down at the club this week. It's a bit of a bit of a NodD feeling down there at the moment.
Speaker 5: Is that fair to say, Yeah, it's fair to say. Definitely. Monday was a big review. We had some good, honest conversations with everyone. Yeah, and then as I said yesterday, we had a really big training session. I don't know what it was. If it was just because we've been losing a couple of consecutive games, but it was very intense and everyone was going one hundred percent last night. I was probably more like a preseason session.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I.
Speaker 7: Feel like, Josh, you get a reminder and maybe it probably hasn't had happened too much in your time because you probably started right in the guts of the rebuild. Yeah, guys, it wasn't too many expectations, But now is this a bit of a reminder of just how important this team is in this town? I mean, there's expectations, and you guys have a couple of losses, it would seem like the world's against you. Is that what it feels like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and especially of how we finished last year and everyone kind of had that expectation as soon as we start this season that we're going to be around the seven eighth kind of sneak into the finals again, and obviously not being at that expectation this season was quite disappointing. But yeah, do kind of feel that pressure and that external noise a lot more in this two team town.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's been a lot of focus on individuals at the club, and a lot of okay, how do you rank the performance of this person and that person that person? Which I think is a bit rich coming from the media because you know, we don't like it when it's turned on us. How do you rank the performance of Andrew Hayes or Jodiotti or you know my boss at wherever. I feel like that's been a little unfair. I have to say, yeah, and singling people out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and especially when you go straight to the coaches as well, because as an element of us that needs to take responsibility of that, because on game day he's not out there to teachers, not teachers, but show us how to kick or make the right decisions. So a lot of that is on us, especially we got a lot of our leaders are getting pointed out and different positional changes. When if we play fine next this week, for example, we beat Sydney, it kind of goes away straight away.
Speaker 7: So yeah, but also and then you're like, Okay, who's going to coach? Don't I have no idea? The other one I love as well, which you might have seen that play the kids, the kids, Okay, who's knocking on the door on the sample?
Speaker 5: Oh, and there's already so many kids playing.
Speaker 4: As have you been doing much to get away from footy at the moment, just to take your mind off.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, I've been doing a fair bit, just usual mucking around with my housemates. I've got a good mint.
Speaker 4: Define mucking around with your house, because that'd be an interesting house, yeah, wouldn't.
Speaker 8: It got.
Speaker 5: So every kind of Tuesday. At Thursday, I go and do I have a football comnt with a chung of football club in the Hills with Marcine. So we go and help out the kids down there. And I came back to my house and I had I think I had nearly seven or eight of my teammates at my house, all the young boys. Jacob cooked passer for everyone because we're watching Luke's Rising Star interview with Afil thirty sixty, which is quite hilarious. And we get back and Jacob cooked cooked past the worst pass over. He had like two ko and mince. It was so dry. He tried his best, poor kid, But where was the source, Jake? There was no source. It was just I had all my source that we've I've made with everyone with my family, and he didn't I reckon. He used maybe one jarft for about seven people.
Speaker 1: That's the dumbest thing I've ever had.
Speaker 7: A tough, tough, tough cook view, though, I feel like you would want your past and your source at the toppest, the most highest point of the shelf.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that was pretty funny. But if you look back on Luke's interview, he's spoken and then he was just in his Crow's kid with budget on man as he said goodbye guys. He's turned around to go swell the past that he just.
Speaker 7: Got, which is absolutely brilliant. May just he said before that you and Martine help out a chunker. What's that from it? Is that just for I suppose I love of football and wanted to help some of the youngsters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mark's got an affiliation with some Irish guy. He's always got Irish mates. He's got things we say. He contacted Mark and asked me to come along too, and we went to a couple of sessions and really enjoyed it. And now they're struggling football club down there. Don't get a lot of numbers. So a couple of weeks ago they got their first win for the season. The boys were just rapped. But it's funny to see how they're just slowly developing each week getting more numbers. A couple of girls are down there playing too, so yeah, it's good for the football club.
Speaker 7: So that's the stuff that you probably don't see and maybe you don't see enough of. Is that you and market doing things like that. We've said it a couple of times now. When you came out Friday's Love at your school, producer Emily almost had to say to you, home, mate, you can go. You required to be there for about ten minutes, to stay for about forty five minutes. It was absolutely magnets.
Speaker 1: Do you like doing stuff with kids?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun. I always say when I was that age, I would have died for any AFL player to come coach my football club if he was a rookie or the number one draft pick. So have to kind of give that now, give that experience back kind of. Yeah, it makes me feel really warm.
Speaker 4: That's really nice, and it's funny how much when you give back, how much, how good that makes you feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, it's just a quick one ranking back. Gosh, he's good, he's amazing. Yeah, it's great to have him back. Even at training. He's one of my good mates. So having him back and linking up in the forward line, very excited.
Speaker 1: Very nice. He's pumped to be back to Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's very pumped. He hates sitting on the sideliness.
Speaker 7: That kid looking forward to a big, big upset win over the Swans. That would keep everyone away, wouldn't it, Oh, wouldn't that? Josh appreciate time, mate, We'll do it all again in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Thanks Joseph Hazes.
Speaker 1: Here's what you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 7: Breaking news, what news today, snooze.
Speaker 4: News, all the inflation you need to know, just smash into your day. And one of the biggest stories in the last twenty four hours, Jared Haynes has been released from j ol Jared Haynes, of course, the former NURL star. So his rape convictions have been quashed for a second time, so he's heading home to his family.
Speaker 1: There's still the prospect of a fourth trial. Hazy.
Speaker 6: He's only thirty six, so he's only a young young guy.
Speaker 4: He's been behind barsoom more than a year after a jury found him guilty in twenty twenty three of two counts of sexual intercourse without.
Speaker 7: Consense, It's unbelievable. So I'm from there in States, Yes, And to describe Jared Haynes at his peak like he was, I would say as good and as sort of rock star top shelf as Dustin Martin. Yeah, so you know, we just like Dustin Martin in afol Circles is an absolute gone. So Jared Haynes was at that level and had a stint over at the NFL, didn't quite make it but still played some games. Yeah, it was just this is the biggest four from grace that I've seen, possibly in.
Speaker 6: Australian sport, the biggest fall from grace.
Speaker 7: Yes, there's been a few.
Speaker 1: Wayne Carey probably one.
Speaker 4: He was an absolute rock star until his personal life took a bit of a turn.
Speaker 1: Ben Cousins, you could say. But also he's really fought.
Speaker 4: Back and gone through recovery and is now presenting the sport over there.
Speaker 1: On perfect Jen.
Speaker 7: He is on the verge. He's going to be a contestant and dancing with the stars, Oh my goodness is he? So he's on the verge of making a big comeback. I mean, Jared Haynes from here, even it's been quashed and even if it gets cleared. It sort of seems like the damages we don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I think were these sorts of things.
Speaker 4: If you've been to jail for rape, that that mud sticks, doesn't it for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible story.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean it's been ongoing and ongoing and unbelievable stuff. Huge in the eastern sides.
Speaker 6: Michael Slater, Slater, that's a big force.
Speaker 7: Really begind That's quite a list, isn't there. You could really knuckle down if you're working on sen.
Speaker 1: But we're not.
Speaker 6: So we're going to go to Abbey in the newsroom. Now he's got a panda update.
Speaker 9: We're going to change pace a little bit here, guys, because change base. We are on Panda Watch today, Panda chat because Wang Wang and Fernie sorry Wang Woman Fernie, as Jodie likes to say, are leaving Adelaide dimp down m sound effects today.
Speaker 4: So the premiere of China was here yesterday and he's gone right and taking them home.
Speaker 9: So no, so he's coming over this weekend. There will be an official announcement this weekend when he visits the zoo. But basically, what's going to happen is wango and FUNI came here to pro create. That's one job that was fifteen years ago, and they've not done that. You say, my love life is slow, that's a lot slower. So they are going to go back to China and we're going to get two new pandas.
Speaker 1: It's a bit exciting.
Speaker 7: Trade them in, yes, boring, trading some pandas that actually want to make with each other. Come on, Yeah, more of that.
Speaker 4: This is the equivalent of a middle aged man having a crisis and training in his wife for his secretary who's twenty one years old.
Speaker 9: This is what they're both getting booted. So it's not even like it's just funny. They're both going yeah right, So yeah, new ones will come in this apparently it will happen around November. I have emailed the Zoo because I've asked for a little bit more information. So once they email back, I'll let you know.
Speaker 7: There's some questions without notice, ladies, and in terms of this particular situation. So with these two, are they just not doing it at all? I know the fertility window for pandas is really really small. One, are they just not doing it at all?
Speaker 4: Like this we had a couple of shadow pregnant yees or miscarriages. So yeah, okay, so that's definitely trying.
Speaker 7: It has times without done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So basically I was reading something yesterday where they there's been a lot of yeah, what's it called topic pregnancies and things like that. So they're doing it, but it's just not sticking, not working.
Speaker 7: Right, It's not working because I just want it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 7: One Wong's the boy?
Speaker 1: Yes, I just want Sony means lucky girl.
Speaker 7: Lucky girl, she's not lucky it all. Let's just put that out there. But one long, you just wonder whether he's doing everything the right way?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: But also, sorry, it's twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: To educate him, it's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 9: Maybe they don't want to be parents, Maybe they don't want to have babies.
Speaker 1: Has anyone asked them?
Speaker 9: Has anyone said, do you want to father a child? Maybe he's like, I like living the bachelor life.
Speaker 7: How does astros as well? When you just know that they've been mating all night and you turn up into the enclosure and there's just condom wrappers everyone, it's not the point of this exercise. He's like, I've just been safe, baby.
Speaker 9: Why do we put you on this show?
Speaker 7: Anyway? That's your postion snooze news. That's the vital information that you need to notice.
Speaker 4: I went to the Thunderbirds game on Saturday night, and at halftime, as you do, just went for a little whittle in the toilet. So I was sitting in the cubicle and there was a woman next to me who obviously had taken her i'd say, little toddler, little girl to the toilet. Was very quiet in there. I'm pretty sure it was like me, her and one other person, so really quiet, and then next minute I hear this little voice go, mummy, you've got a lot of hair on your vagina.
Speaker 7: There was no way, there was no way that I could have predicted did you go to I was like, where we go with this bang?
Speaker 6: And then I could hear the mother just like awkwardly.
Speaker 4: Oh, anyway, as it happens, we both flushed and walked down at the same time. And because at that point I had the giggles and she saw me laughing, I was like, oh, interesting toilet conversations.
Speaker 1: She looked at me and she was so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: She was like, oh, yeah, it turns out I knew the woman actually, and then we started talking about how we knew each other. But she was so mortified, and I was retelling this story to produce it.
Speaker 1: EMM, and you had something similar with your toddler.
Speaker 8: I did. So another Saturday, tur it must happen on Saturdays. We were at swimming and I had to take him solo. So I had to get changed after swimming out of my bathers, but I also had to go to the toilet.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, come on, Max, let's go.
Speaker 8: So it's two and a half and he's learning to go to the toilet, so he's learning the proper names for thanks. So take my one piece off. Not attractive at all, but I mean they're trying to get it done. Go to the toilet and stand up, start getting dressed, and he just points and he goes, Mummy, you have a penis. In the loudest voice. No no, no, no, no, mummy has a vagina. Boy, daddy's got a penis. Trying no, Mummy, you have a penis. And so I'm out of there as quickly as I can. Pull my stuff on, get out of there, and once again, you go out and there is another mum there with kids, and she just kind of goes.
Speaker 1: I tried to correct him. It's yeah, it's so embarrassing. I got this from a really good source. Actually, you too.
Speaker 6: Henry to the toilet one day and he.
Speaker 4: Pointed to you and said, Daddy, isn't that supposed to be with your penis?
Speaker 7: Penis? I was like, what are you talking about about? It's there, no, no, no, no vagina kids in my right. They know not what they say.
Speaker 1: My Really, it is so time for a let's go girl. Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is where we take all those off conversations that we have pertaining to being a woman and we bring them on air and then sometimes.
Speaker 6: We invite Andrew Hayes to join him and give his opinion.
Speaker 7: Not very often, though here if you need.
Speaker 4: So we were having a chat about this the other day because Brad Pitt, what about this, made a confession to Jennifer Aniston about Angelina Ghly.
Speaker 1: Before their divorce. So this is how it all unrolled. Can you remember?
Speaker 4: So Brad and jen met and it was beautiful and they played characters on Friends and they fell in love and there was that I always remember that photo and I reckon they're at the baseball or something, and he was my primary and arms. Everyone was sort of really enamored by the love story. But then he went off and filmed Mister and Missus Smith and that's when he developed feelings for Angelina. Now, according to Courtney Cox, who's obviously Jen's bff, she came out and said, I don't think he started an affair physically, but I think he was attracted to her. There was a connection, and he was honest about that with Jen. Most of the time, when people are attracted to other people, they don't tell. At least he was honest about it. It was an attraction that he fought for a period of time. No, he's coming in hot and early.
Speaker 7: Yeah, super aggressive, nice and early. At least he was honest about it. I just speak on behalf of the human race, don't I. They talk about everything that you're thinking. You're right, yeah, I'm like, what if it's fleeting, Well, must be what if it's fleeting. Yeah, well, if it's a fleeting, little stupid thing that's going on your brain, You're like, I feel like this, and then ten minutes later, I actually, no, I don't feel like that night. Well you said it, now it stays with.
Speaker 4: You for It's a good point because at some point in your life you could be with someone you're like, this person is my universe, and then maybe five years later you go, oh my god, I haven't thought about him in six months. You know what I mean, what do you think he's read abby?
Speaker 1: This would be interesting.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: I'm very much on the camp of no, you don't say something because you're right. It can be a fleeting thing. You see someone and you think, oh, you know, but the grass is always greener on the other People say the grass always greener on the other side, but I say.
Speaker 1: It's greener where you water it.
Speaker 9: And I think when you're in a long term relationship, you've got to like things get hard and tough, and like Hazey has spoken about, you're in the trenches and there's.
Speaker 1: Children and all of this.
Speaker 9: So you're not always going to have this lusty Oh my god, come here and I want to rip your clothes off with your partner. But you've got to keep falling in love, and you've got to keep doing the things that you first fell in love with them.
Speaker 1: You've got to keep doing that. You've got to keep the spark a lot that's.
Speaker 7: Why, that's why she's the best. And can I just be honest with you for a second, Abby, I love.
Speaker 1: You, but you're right. Your relationship changes and evolves.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you're really close with your partner, and then at those times where it's like an elastic band where you're stretching and you're not so close, that's when other people might catch your eye. It just doesn't sit well to go home and say I'm really attracted to this person, because does it do more damage.
Speaker 7: Thought It's always going to be there, even like, oh, by the way, yeah I was. That was just a random stupid thing, and it's always going to plan your hit though, Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, anyway, I'm not in a relationship, so don't take anything of what I say seriously. But that's my opinion.
Speaker 3: This happened to my best friend a couple of years ago. When she first started dating her partner. She went on a trip and met someone else over there. Nothing happened, nothing, you know, no cheating, But she called me and said, oh, I think I'm I'm quite into this person, but I've got this relationship back home. She came home and told her partner and told him and reashored him that nothing was going to happen, but felt that she needed to be honest and they're still together years later.
Speaker 7: So it was a bit of this because I can imagine.
Speaker 4: I think it's really important to remember we're all human beings, like we're not essentially supposed to be monogamous with our whole lives, that you're always.
Speaker 9: I know a great my grandparents were married for over sixty years.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is you can be anonamous, but you will always be attracted to other people.
Speaker 1: That's the nature of being a human.
Speaker 3: What is a swing.
Speaker 7: Exactly? What's going on here?
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe's keys in the ball?
Speaker 10: Lodi?
Speaker 7: Do you know what I do as well? I could have picked it, especially with Greg thirteen twenty four ten. This whole situation is very, very perplexing. Admitting to your partner that you have feelings for someone else. I mean, do you tell your partner? What do you do? Have you been in this situation? Yeah, tricky one.
Speaker 6: Was it a case of I'm attracted to that person?
Speaker 1: Now I'm not jogging?
Speaker 7: Do you tell your partner if you have feelings for someone else? We'll take your calls next very interesting situation. Of course, no judgment in this space. Maybe you've been in the situation. We'd love to hear from him.
Speaker 1: You mean no judgment in this space. You just got me a swinger. I'm I'm not judging you, Anonymous, this happened to you.
Speaker 7: Yes, take us through and take us through all the details, Anonymous.
Speaker 10: I was in a good five or six year relationship with now my ex, and I came home one day and told him that I had feelings for a different guy. He didn't take it too well and we ended up breaking up for an hour. A year and a half later, I'm still with the guy I had a crush with.
Speaker 7: So this is like a genuine similar situation because.
Speaker 1: And so, are you happy that you went home and said.
Speaker 10: That, yes, okay, definitely okay.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing that he wasn't very happy that you came home and said that not really no.
Speaker 10: But it was better off for the better for my mental health.
Speaker 7: But yeah, yeah, So Anonymous, can I ask you, was the aim to try and work through it with your partner at the time, or was it almost like a bit of a bit of a precursor to a breaker checking out?
Speaker 10: We tried for a good couple of months to make it work.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 10: And I tried. He tried for a little bit, and then I went back to the same old usual stuff, and then I just I just went I'm out. I've got feelings, like strong feelings for somebody else. And yeah, I went with my gut and trusted it.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like you weren't that happy with the relationship to begin with.
Speaker 10: For a good couple of years. No, but we tried, We tried everything try and make it work, and then yeah, we kind of just went w I kind of just went and went with my gut with the strong feelings I had to try and make myself happy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it sounds like Anonymous gave him a giant chart.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yep.
Speaker 6: Let's go to our second Anonymous call on this one.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Okay, what happened with you?
Speaker 11: I also was the one that came home and told my now that I had feelings for his best friend. He basically said, well, I think you need you need to tell him and find out if there's anything there. So I did, and there wasn't and that was kind of the end of it. And then, you know, probably not coincidentally, we broke up a few months later, or he left me a few months later.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so obviously. And was that I suppose that the nucleus of the breakup, this whole situation.
Speaker 11: Well, no, like that's not the reason he used. But you know, looking back, this was a million years ago. Looking back, neither of us were happy anyway, which is probably why I started developing feelings for someone else.
Speaker 4: And so talk us through that conversation with the best friend. You just sat them down and said I've got feelings for you. Do you reciprocate?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, basically yeah, And what did he say, you know, well, that's my best friend. You know, I don't feel the same I, you know, see you as a friend. That was kind of it, that kind of you know, kind of washed my feelings anyway, because it probably had nothing to do with him. That was probably more more the relationship anyway.
Speaker 1: That you're in.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, And so do you do you regret making the decision to tell him tell both of them.
Speaker 11: No, no, because there was so much, so much guilt that it was, you know, ruining our relationship anyway. So yeah, I think being honest was the right thing to do. Yeah, Like I wouldn't change it. It wouldn't have wouldn't have saved the relationship if I hadn't said it.
Speaker 4: So no, yeah, wow, thank you so much for honesty. Really appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Battles So that's a love the bang. It's a nice little contest where two people go head to head. And I'll tell you what, I can't even describe the hatred that comes with this, the competitiveness and everything that just sees two people going so aggressively against each other that it feels like a war in the studio, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Jane's there's a lot of ducks and drakes that goes on behind the scenes with selection with our songs, and we don't know. I don't know what you've chosen. You don't know what I've chosen until this moment in time. So it's a genuine surprise when we do our reveal and sometimes to.
Speaker 7: Be honest with you, and maybe it's happened to you, It's definitely happened to me that I'll have my song and then I hear your song and in my head and I'm like, damn it, I wish I had your song. I'm still going to endorse my song and try and get the win.
Speaker 1: That never happens in reverse, just so you know, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: Or maybe it should because I'm leaving twelve to seven. That's right, it's twelve to seven.
Speaker 1: We have a theme meat and every week. This week it is sweet Treat Beats.
Speaker 4: This is on the back of our great search for the best donut in South Australia and it was National Donut Day last week.
Speaker 1: So you know what, why not?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Good call?
Speaker 1: You want to go first?
Speaker 7: How about ladies first?
Speaker 1: Why do you do it everywhere? You go first? For one?
Speaker 7: Okay, I go first. Here's a sweet treat for you, feek shake. Really so this was your first preference? Was it? Keep those feelings to yourself in the heat of the battle. I'd keep those feelings.
Speaker 4: I just wonder what goes on with the producers because I did suggest this song.
Speaker 6: I was feered aggressively in another direction.
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: I would like to clarify that the person that locks in their song first gets the song. So, Jody, if you're a little bit earlier with your song choice, you may have gotten this song.
Speaker 7: I'll say, as well, said him, very well, said produced him.
Speaker 4: What I will say some of us have a life, another thing to worry about.
Speaker 1: So where were you off to?
Speaker 8: Yes, a gym class while we were still here working hard. Pilarates, pilarates important.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and quite coincidentally, she was probably instead of going plartis off to get milkhack. So I've got Calise and you have go and describe your song.
Speaker 4: What have you got? Well, I've long said on this show there is an artist that is missing and we need to play much, much more of and that is fifty cents.
Speaker 7: It's a good song. It is a really really good song. What about do you know what? I'm not going to go into it. I'm not going to break it down, but the lyrics on paper to this song very goodness. How they hell away.
Speaker 1: With this I don't know.
Speaker 4: But we do play lunch by Billie Eilish, So here we are all right.
Speaker 7: It is a sweet treat theme. You've got candy shop by fifty cent versus Kalise milkshake? It your votes in at Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 1: I reckon the blokes will get around for.
Speaker 7: Okay, Oh there you go. There's a play. But can we just establish that your first choice would have been Kalise?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: I yes, you sent through about fifty choices.
Speaker 4: I mean, I said through too, and then they were poo pooed and I was sent off in the fifty cent direction.
Speaker 9: Maybe start thinking about this like today for next week, so you get in a day earlier and then you secure your song that you really wanted and if I wanted your food.
Speaker 7: Back, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Isn't trying to help you here? No, I'm not trying to him.
Speaker 4: No, you're not.
Speaker 6: I choose a song every week and you slag it off.
Speaker 1: That's how Okay, I don't different accounts for him, that's how. How is that trying to help me pick up better song than babes?
Speaker 7: You go, great point, great point, Apps, all right, get voting at it, Jody and Hazy, and we will announce the winning song, which probably be my It's moro at eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: And it is that sort of arrogance that you need to vote against, do you know?
Speaker 7: I am commident about though, jod'es and that is nervous handball blitz and just the quality of the contestants that we're attracting with this thing.
Speaker 1: We saw it.
Speaker 4: We saw the talent on display last year with Lincoln and Michael the brothers took it out, one of them one on thousand dollars, the other one one five hundred. You know who cleaned up in that situation. Mum, Mum and dad fifteen hundred bucks for the family, have a one.
Speaker 7: Hundred dollar kitty that night. Yeah, very nice. So yes, I mean, do yourself a favor right now, register your details rather than overplayer one to hopefully it get us to come out to your school and talk about handball, but also to get your self involved to score what is the biggest trophy in the world. I'd probably say speaker than the kids, and also a thousand bucks. I know what you're saying, James. You're sitting there like, for goodness sake, educate me in this space when it comes to handball.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, sure.
Speaker 7: Do you want me to take you down a little journey where not just the handball history, also what it means to South Australia and nate the world this beautiful sport.
Speaker 1: I mean, do I have a choice?
Speaker 7: I don't think you do. Sit down, strap yourself in and be quiet for the next two minutes. Place. Okay, go listen to this. Children gather around and listen closely to Uncle hazy, for I have a curious tale to share with you about a marvelous game called handball. It has little known how handball became so popular. The heritage might not ever become clear, but what is clear is a profound impact this great sport has had on Adelaide, nay the world. But let me give you a little injection of knowledge on its origins. Once upon a time, in the magical streets of France in the nineteen fifties, kids played a game called sidewalk square on the cracks of the pavement. It was a simple game, but oh so much fun. But here in Australia, the legend of handball began. On a special day, July fourth, nineteen fifty four, an American folklorus named Dorothy visit our sunny shawes, exploring primary schools to see what games kids play and guess what handball was the king of them all. Fast forward to the early two thousands, while the beats of Eminem, Black Eyed Peas and Green Day wrote the soundtrack of Our Lives, handball was quietly uniting the country. It was the unsung hero of the playground and our hearts. Then in twenty thirteen, a true handball legend emerged from the courts of a Brisbane State school none other than the fearless Prime Minister at the time, Kevin Right. His graceful morders on the handball court sparked a wildfire of passion across Australia that couldn't be contained. Handball's magic lies in the pure joy it brings, spreading smiles and laughter far and wide. So even though its origins might be a bit of a mystery, we can all appreciate the wonderful way it has touched our lives. And where does this epic tale end? Well on July twentieth at Adelaide Oval with thousands of fans and a whopping one thousand dollars cash prize. So keep playing, keep smiling, and who knows you'll be the next Campbell Blitz Champion. Sometimes you hear stories, particularly stories over seas, and just makes you go, oh my, very guysh that sounds painful? Makes together like this, what's that? Do you know what I mean? And I'm just going to read you the story fresh from the US if you don't mind. A sixty three year old man sneezed and coughed at the same time it happens, does it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: Eating breakfast at a US diner only to find his coal and had fallen out of his body. That's not supposed to be there. The man who was with his wife was at a Florida restaurant. He felt a wet sensation, after which came a sharp pain. The man had recently undergone abdominal surgery, with the doctors assuring him the incision had healed, but when he lifted up his shirt, he saw several inches of his coal and coming out of his surgical words. So jose, I'm gonna spell it out for it. You got a cough, he got sneeze, put together and then sometimes post abdominal surgery and then all of a sudden you're in all sorts, do you know what I mean? Never painted a picture for.
Speaker 4: It, very graphically, and it feels like to me you spent a lot of time on that.
Speaker 7: You know, may particular when it comes to medical things. I do thorough research, Yes you do. The an ambulance was summoned in paramedics when they found three inch opening with large amounts of bow visible. Likely the blood loss was minimal and there was no damage to the exposed organ. Once he was taken to the hospital. Surgeons put his bow back into his abdomen and they were like, what are you doing there, Feller?
Speaker 1: Get back in there, Get back into your.
Speaker 7: Heart, Get back in there bum thirty, twenty fourteen, when's your bum falling out? Thirteen and twenty four to ten? When is your coal and craved in? When have you popped your pup a valve? Can you imagine? What about his poor wife as well? It's like check, plase, what's happened over here? My husband's just holding his ars in his lap.
Speaker 6: Extraordinary scenes in Mexico.
Speaker 4: So there has been another selfie death this week and it was all caught on camera.
Speaker 1: Horrendous.
Speaker 4: So a woman trying to take a selfie as a train comes down the tracks and bang.
Speaker 1: Hits a woman train.
Speaker 7: Woman vi by a selfie.
Speaker 1: Who's the winner in that one? Ever?
Speaker 7: Train winds every time?
Speaker 4: So I thought I'd take a trip around the globe and just just highlight some of the selfie deaths that have happened. A thirty two year old woman from North Carolina died after her vehicle crossed the Median strip and burst into flames moments after posting a selfie online after she heard this song on the radio and thought she'd sing along.
Speaker 7: Gosh, that's not funny at all, Harry me.
Speaker 1: She wasn't happy.
Speaker 4: In the Philippines, a fifteen year old boy was critically wounded after accident shooting himself while taking a selfie when he had his other hand holding a gun to his chin. So he's got one hand holding the phone up, another gn on his chin and bang.
Speaker 1: Accidentally.
Speaker 4: Pakistan, a fifteen year old boy was taking a selfie with a toy gun when police thought it was real and open fire and killed him.
Speaker 7: Ah, that's a little bit concerning.
Speaker 4: Japanese tourists fell off a staircase to his death while taking a selfie at the taj Mahal. A Chinese businessman named Jia le Jeune tried to take a selfie with a one and a half ton walrus at a zoo in lea wars.
Speaker 7: Horus Horace wasn't feeling it was.
Speaker 4: He he's entered, so he's entered the enclosure, and the walrus promptly attacked him. Later, they explained that the warris thought he was just like she was, just giving a hug, so attacked him. Has tackled him and then taken him into the pool and drowned him, and then promptly tried to give the zoo keeper a hug as well. While she was at it, tackled the zoo keeper, drowned the zoo keeper.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, the Wars went on.
Speaker 1: A rampage all over a selfie.
Speaker 7: There's a message in that. I mean, if you're going to take a selfie with Warris, definitely show the photo that you've taken it some feet.
Speaker 1: She wasn't happy, like that is my worst side. What are you doing.
Speaker 9: I've asked you multiple times for top taking photos of bee multiple times.
Speaker 1: I've had enough.
Speaker 7: Would have death role that Abby does when he grabs your takes you underwater, just spins you around.
Speaker 4: And in one of the most high profile disks in Australia, your hamstring was seen taking a selfie ride after your tackle side against the Elizabeth Eagles.
Speaker 1: It's a selfie stick too and then bag hamstring.
Speaker 7: Dead gone, still hasn't recovery, by the way, blown itself with sixteen different bits. It was a good photo though, it's a message and all that do not It takes selfies full stop