Speaker 1: Live on Sky News.
Speaker 2: This is Sharry Good Evening. Welcome tonight to Zoey Daniel, accused of hypocrisy for demanding a recount in Goldstein.
Speaker 3: Her own words come back to.
Speaker 2: Bite her because she criticized Trump's refusal to accept the presidential election. In twenty twenty, Sarah Milgrim was gunned down in Washington. Her friend will join me live tonight.
Speaker 3: For an exclusive interview.
Speaker 2: This as Prime Minister Anthony Albinizi ignores their murder and the crimes of humus to yet again lay blame on Israel.
Speaker 3: My analysis in a moment.
Speaker 2: And Ray Hadley will be back at the desk. His thoughts on the ABC wrongly accusing Coalition MPs of abandoning their constituents as they died in the floods. Plus why politicians are spared immediate payment of the superttacks while financial advisors warn that people could be forced to sell their assets to fund the tax liability. I talk about this absolute outrage with Steve Price shortly, but first tonight. Prime Minister Anthony Albinezi today blasted Israel as it pushes into Gaza to try bring home more than fifty hostages and eliminate genocidal terrorists. Albin Easy's statement today ignored her Mussa's crimes, no demand to disarm, no condemnation of aid theft. It was just a one sided rebuke of Israel.
Speaker 4: Australia finds these actions is completely unacceptable and we find Israel's excuses and explanations completely untenable and without credibility. People are starving and the idea that a democratic state with hold's supply is an outrage. Now that is my clear position. It's one I've indicated clearly and directly to the Israeli government. It's one that will continue to be a part of.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Albin Eazi should listen to Palestinians themselves, not the pro Palestinian Greenies here in Australia, but actual Palestinians living in Gaza. They've spent much of the past week bravely risking their lives to protest Hermus. The mainstream media has almost entirely downplayed or blacked out this story of Palestinians turning against Hermus, even at the risk of torture or death. But to have a look at these protests in Gaza again, not against Israel, but against Hamas. These Palestinian families are extremely courageous to do this, because the first wave of that protest movement against Hamas in March ended in tragedy. Hamas tracked down the twenty two year old leader of the protests and tortured him, tying him by his neck with a rope and then dragging and beating him.
Speaker 5: Robi's family says he was killed by Hamas militants torture to death for publicly criticizing Hamas. Robbi's brother Hassan told CNN his brother was abducted from the streets of Gaza City by a group of Hamas militants.
Speaker 2: Now, the latest protest movement was in part sparked by a senior Hamas official who made comments saying that the war with Israel was eternal.
Speaker 6: Admin will your loahdaf.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Those original comments were made a few months ago, but they recirculated amongst Gazans. Now with Albani's he cared about the Palestinian movement, he would listen to what they're saying and fight for the removal of the terror regime. Yet he describes Israel as outrageous.
Speaker 4: It is outrageous that there'd be a blockade of food and supplies to people who are in need in Gaza.
Speaker 2: You know what's outrageous, Prime Minister, It's the fact that there are still fifty hostages in Gaza. Imagine if fifty Australians, sons, daughters, parents were rotting in tunnels under the constant threat of execution and had been there for nearly six hundred days, deprived of basic human rights. Would the Prime Minister then call a rescue mission outrageous or would he launch immediate action similar to what Israel is in desperation taking now. It's also well known and widely reported that Hermas has been looting aid and food that Israel delivers to Gaza, and this is now indisputable. Hermas is hijacking humanitarian aid, hoarding it, and extorting their own people by selling food at inflated prices on the black market. But Albinezi conveniently ignores this fact as he presents his biased, one sided view. He should acknowledge that her Mass is responsible for depriving Palestinians of food, and when he claims AID isn't entering, it's simply not true. This is the real picture of how much aid Israel has actually delivered to Gaza in the past.
Speaker 6: Week food, a flower, baby formula, medicine and medical supplies. Since the beginning of the war, the IDF has facilitated the entry of over one point seven million tons of humanitarian aid in Tagaza. Just this past week, from Monday to Saturday, three hundred and eighty eight eight trucks delivered food, baby formula, flower for bakeries, medicine and medical equipment.
Speaker 7: Food.
Speaker 6: Eight truck entries have been conducted in accordance with the situation assessment and in order to prevent any shortages. In recent days, hundreds of trucks have entered Gaza, including significant quantities of baby food and flower for bakeries. The IDF, along with international partners, will continue to facilitate aid into Gaza.
Speaker 2: Israel is acting in accordance with a fourth Geneva Convention. It is trying to defeat the terrorists and bring home its hostages, as it is obligated to do. The Times of Israel reports that Israeli officials have warned that as long as Hamas refuses to agree to a hostage deal, the IDF will ramp up its offensive against the terror group. It says at Israel imposed the blockade in early March. As hostage ceased, fire talks broke down, accusing Harmas of stealing aid meant for civilians. As the aid has begun to trickle in, the IDF has continued the intensified ground and air operation launched last week, which Nettnyahu said would end with Israel taking full control of the Gaza strip. So the strategy is to put more and more pressure on her Mus to push the terror group out and then to find the remaining hostages while they're still alive.
Speaker 3: If they're still alive.
Speaker 2: Human rights lawyer Arsenostrowsky makes this point as well.
Speaker 1: For Israel, every civilian death is a tragedy. For Hamas, every civilian death is a strategy.
Speaker 2: And that is the inescapable reality. If Hermas didn't want Palestinian civilians to be killed in the search for hostages, they would simply hand back the hostages. They refuse to do so. They want their civilians to be killed. It's their strategy, as Arson says, they want Palestinian families.
Speaker 3: To be killed.
Speaker 2: This is a terror group, and because when Palestinians are killed, it galvanizes the world in their cause and against Israel. Now you'd have to say, in hindsight, it was probably a mistake to hand control of Gaza to the Palestinians back.
Speaker 3: In two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: In hindsight, it simply gave a terror group an effective state, not an official state, but an effective state from which to launch attacks on Israel. And now these attacks are spreading around the world. The call for a global into Fata that we've heard on university campuses is becoming a reality. You'll remember that even children are being brainwashed here in Australia to support this.
Speaker 8: Back to this PARISTI will be.
Speaker 5: Pala sign movie three.
Speaker 9: Free.
Speaker 2: So then why does it come as a surprise that just last week a young Israeli couple who had their whole lives ahead of them, who would have been getting married, were gonne down in Washington, DC. Sarah Milgram and you'ren Lashinsky. The shooter said he did it for Gaza.
Speaker 3: This is a truly.
Speaker 2: Shocking and devastating assassination by a pro Palestinian activist outside the Jewish Museum. But this right here is the true picture of globalizing the Interfada, A chart that university leaders and politicians never shut down allowing terrorism to thrive in Western cities. This terror, this anger, is provoked by the false narrative that Israel is committing a genocide and starving children. It's a narrative manufactured by a terror group's lies, amplified by global institutions, and legitimized by silence from political leaders who must surely know better. The Wall Street Journal reports and the claim from the United Nations Humanitarian Chief that fourteen thousand guards and babies would starve to death in forty eight hours, and the Wall Street Journal says that all now concede that's bogus, But not before it went viral, the UN withdrew their claim, yet the ABC article many others are still online. It's this misinformation that Albanzi is feeding. It doesn't appear that Albanesi has set a word about Sarah or Urn being assassinated. He's silent when the attacks are on Israel or Jews. And so this is another case of our Prime minister escalating anti Israel sentiment in Australia. And the only ramification of this is that it sparks anti Semitism and risks attacks on Australian soil by parroting Hmas's propaganda. The Prime Minister is not just fueling anti Semitism, he is playing with fire. This is how attacks start. Washington proved that Australia.
Speaker 3: Could be next. If Albanese wants to privately raise his view with Ned and Yahu will fine, go ahead.
Speaker 2: But airing a distorted, hostile narrative only endangers the lives of Australians. And that is precisely what I believe Albanezi is doing. And as I said, Sarah's friend would join me on.
Speaker 3: The show shortly.
Speaker 2: But I want to turn now to tel Zoey Daniel's refusal to concede the seat of Godstein to Tim Wilson. Zoey Daniel has been demanding a full recount, which the AEC has refused, but it's agreed to a partial recount her first preference and informal ballot papers. So Zoe Daniel has refused to accept that she's lost, despite the count showing Tim Wilson is two hundred and sixty votes ahead, and that's well over the one hundred vote margin threshold for a full recount. Now this is interesting because back in twenty twenty, when Trump lost the US election and refused to concede, claimed he'd won and it was all rigged well.
Speaker 3: Zoey Daniel was very critical in.
Speaker 2: Her book she wrote about Trump's refusal to accept the verdict of voters.
Speaker 3: She said, the writing was on the wall.
Speaker 2: But Donald Trump, not one to accept uncomfortable truths, refused to concede. Perhaps, Sorry, Daniel should remember her own words as she now demands this partial recount.
Speaker 3: Which will begin on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Okay, to discuss this, and while let's bring in Sky News hosts Steve Price and Joe hude Brand.
Speaker 10: Welcome, welcome back.
Speaker 2: I mean, Steve, this is part of the conduct that people were frustrated with when Donald Trump refused to accept the democratic verdict of the United States people, of the American people. Zoey Daniel was critical at the time, and it looks like she's doing the same. Is there any legitimate reason for demanding a recount to you?
Speaker 1: Not that I can see. I mean, she must be so embarrassed about what she did on election night when she jumped up and down on a stage at her supporter's party saying that she'd won the seat. Then she had to concede that no, it was too early to claim victory. Tim Wilson is the resumptive new member for Golston. He's won the seat back. I note Sharie that Tim's put a long explanation to Night Up on x formerly Twitter, and he talks about the pain that he felt when he lost his seat himself and how hard it was to accept that he was no longer going to represent the community that he works so closely with, and he spent the last three years back in that community determined to get himself re elected. And here we are, three weeks on, we're still sitting around arguing about who won and who didn't, and what scrutineers saw what and who didn't and the AEC said we're not going to do a full recount. I mean, she should just concede, realize that she's lost, and let us all get on with our lives.
Speaker 2: I mean, Steve makes a good point, Joe, at this point, she is looking like a saw loser from style.
Speaker 10: I would say more than looking like I would say, unquestionably, she is the most I mean, we take it for granted because we're so lucky to have such a stable democracy in Australia, but the most important thing in any democracy in any election, in any democratic contest, isn't actually the person who wins. It's the person who loses. It's the person who says, you know what I lost?
Speaker 2: I you know?
Speaker 10: And this is you know, you govern with consent of the person who lost. And that is the most fundamental thing. That the person, not the person who benefits from it, accepts the election result, but the person who doesn't. And this is yet another example of just the most bare faced, shameless hypocrisy by the teals. They demand more integrity, more transparency, and then when it comes to themselves actually acting with any integrity, what do we have? We have Zoe Daniel not just demanding a recount, but also, according to ABC reports, saying that there were certain sort of irregularities or unusual preference flows, unusual fluctuations, and large numbers of votes moving to and fro in the final stages of What does that sound like? That sounds exactly like Donald Trump saying, Oh, I looked at all these numbers and because they weren't in my favor, they clearly just don't add up. I mean, this is just absolutehorn leghorn stuff.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 10: It is disgraceful, and it would be it would be nauseating from your fair, average garden candidate. But the te als who pride themselves and pontificate to whyther's about integrity, It is absolutely stummach.
Speaker 2: And I think there's one thing Australians respect and that is a gracious concession.
Speaker 3: Speech and they think so much more of them.
Speaker 10: Pike, Peter, don't.
Speaker 3: Give it like Dunnan did exactly on election night.
Speaker 2: Now, the Finn Review reports today that politicians on the divined Benefit pension and this includes the Prime Minister, will be able to defer paying the supertax until after they retire. Now the new supertax including on unrealized capital gains. This is at a rate of thirty percent on earnings from superbalances above three million. Now, the Finn Review reports that it has triggered warnings from financial advisors that people could be forced to sell assets such as property and shares to fund their tax liability. Now, you know, just to understand that because this is unrealized capital gains, they don't have the money yet yet they have to pay tax bill on it. Where they're going to get the money from, So Steve, obviously some people will be worried about having to sell oursets.
Speaker 3: This is an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it particularly hits farmers who might have their farm properties, businesses inside of self managed super funder, inside of trust. I mean, this is a disgraceful move by Jim Chalmers. Everyone from Paul Kender, Bill Kelty's told him about it. Everyone with any financial nouse at all, of which Charmers has none, has said, you can't change the tax system where you start claiming people forcing people to pay tax on things they haven't sold. So to simplify it, if you've got three point one million dollars in your superannuation fund at the start of the year, and then at the end of the year you might be lucky enough to have three point two you're going to pay not fifteen but thirty percent on that. But you haven't sold any of it. So you've then got to work out where am I going to get this money from. I haven't got you know, thirty thousand dollars sitting around in a bank account somewhere that I can just write out a check and there you go. I'm fixing up the tax office. This is the latest attack on superannuation. I mean, Scott Morrison started that he was the one who introduced the fifteen percent tax. Now they're going to rob people who are over got over three million dollars. It's a robin hood tax. Everybody with more than three millions rich well have I guess what in ten years time, most of the people who have super probably going to be up at that level because sum has been in for so long. It's a disgrace. Charmers should drop it. Alban Ezy should understand how much anger it's causing out in the community. And don't believe this crap that it's only going to affect eighty thousand people. That's not true.
Speaker 3: Ye Joe, what do you think about this?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it could be a victim of unintended consequences. I don't mind it in terms of in terms of how it was intended, But I think the farmer's thing is a genuine concern because that would come under it. And I think that the fact that the politicians have and they didn't think I mean that public is no it will be included. They're clearly wrong about that. So I think that is a loophole that will need to be that. Firstly, they'll have to close their own exemption, close that loophole if it have any credibility, and I expect a carve out for farmers would probably be not far off the agenda as well.
Speaker 2: I just think the whole principle of taxing unrealized capital gains, it is beyond the payoff.
Speaker 3: It is a disgrace, it is unethical.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about the coalition's breakup now reunion.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 2: You've actually written an article today where you said, you know, you talk about the mess over the past few days, and you say this is the sort of kindergarten behavior that has engraced Australian TV screens since they canceled Romper Room, which, by the way, I was on.
Speaker 3: Always very well behaved on.
Speaker 2: But Steve, I mean, none of this really matters in the long term.
Speaker 3: They're having a squabble. Now, they'll work it out. They have to be the coalition. They can't win. They're not going to win the next election.
Speaker 2: Anyway, but they can't even have a chance of it if they're not the coalition.
Speaker 1: It was a beautifully written column by Joe, but I mean it was you know, he's talking about armageddon. I mean, I think he went a little bit over the top. With some of his descriptions of just how bad and it was going to be the end of the world. I mean, yes, they split up for a few days. Yes, no, I know, who would have thought Joe was exaggerating? Who would have thought they ever? But you know they had to get back together. I mean, as I see it, they had the Nationals had four policies that were going to die on a heillover. Susan Lee originally said well, no, we're not going to accept all of those. So they said, okay, we're going to go our own way. Now they're back together. I mean, the biggest, biggest problem the coalition has is that they've got forty three seats to ninety four. I mean, forget the internal squabbling and arguing. People I speak to look at me and say, well, is at the end of the Liberal Party? Well, let's hope for Australia's sake that it's not the end of the Liberal Party, because without a coalition and a decent opposition, you end up with things like I'm expencing right here in Victoria after ten years of labor, where they've said the state broke and people just can't believe how bad it is. That's because we haven't had a decent opposition.
Speaker 2: You need one, No exactly, and we're going to get to that machete attack in a moment. But you know, Joe, I still think that the media is completely distracted by the coalition right now. No one's focusing on well, what is the new government doing? Are they all on holidays?
Speaker 3: Are they actually working? What's happening?
Speaker 2: Because you know, Susan lays a placeholder, she's not going to be there.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 10: I think that is true, but that's also a symptom of just how divided the Liberal Party is and the fact that you know, people around, obviously Angus Taylor or other rivals are saying, well, now there's going to be blood ledding literally the day she's elected. They're coming after it. And that's before you even get to the coal issue. Angus Taylor's we don't know necessarily, but clearly, well he was her rival for the leadership, and we don't know if there's any other one, so, you know, unless it's an empty chair like it.
Speaker 2: Was when I'm just objecting to I don't think he said.
Speaker 10: There was going to be no no, but his camp it was quote, there were people, there were people in the Liberal Party saying there was going to be blood letting after Susan they got elected. And I'm assuming that that wasn't from her supporters, So who else it is, Well, we shall see. But again, the reason why the Liberal Party is in such a parlor state in the Parliament and has a record loan and the College has a record load number of seats is because of this same division. It's because there was division between campaign headquarters and Peter Dutton's traveling team and they weren't talking to each other. I mean, all of this has been ventilated. So in politics, disunity is death. If the you know, you say, why aren't they holding the government to account? Well, the government was in the middle of a massive factional brawl over Anthony Albanese's cabinet picks and what with the Liberal Party doing. They were said, hold my bear, will break up the entire coalition. And again all David Little Proud had to do was just wait for the Liberal Party to actually hold its own post election review, which you do after every election, come back and say, look, these are the policy positions we were What do you think Instead he says, oh, no, you have to do this before you've even had a review. Otherwise we're walking out, and half an hour later publicly says, such a mess. It's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a mess.
Speaker 1: A Beg got it out.
Speaker 2: I think you know we don't even need to focus on them for another couple of years until there's a new leader who has a chanced that holding Alban.
Speaker 3: Easy to account.
Speaker 2: All right, let's turn back to Victoria Steve. I mean you on this show, you've been saying to me that the Alan government needs to ban the sale of machetes.
Speaker 3: We've spoken about this so much.
Speaker 2: Finally, after a devastating weekend of crime, they've agreed to put this temporary ban on, but the premier is still resisting bringing forward the full permanent ban.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand. Its September one. You will not be able to walk around the streets of Melbourne in a hoodie carrying a sword or a machette. I mean, why do you have to wait till September one to do that? That's ridiculous. We have kids out there as young as thirteen, fourteen, fifteen running up and down main streets invading people's houses carrying machetes. Now, what she's announced today will do absolutely nothing. You think about it, She says, as of midday Wednesday, it will be illegal to sell a machete. I mean, what world is she living in? These kids buy them online. They don't go into Bunnings and buy a machete. They get them online. One of the houses that was raided after what happened in that North Point shopping center on the weekend, there was thirty weapons in the house. Where are the parents for a start, but there's thirty weapons in this house. I mean, this is just madness. And guess what if you live in or if you live in Wodonga, you can drive over the Murray River on Wednesday at three o'clock in the afternoon and go to the Aubrey min ten and buy a machette and drive back to Victoria. And Victoria's the only state doing it. How is that going to stop people buying machetes. It's ridiculous. It's a nee jerk reaction from her. She should have got these laws in place quickly and we might be able to fix this problem up. But the other problem is that magistrates just keep giving these guys bail and so they go, well, you know, they let me out. I'm not going to jail, so I'll just keep them a shitty and I'm going to text someone else.
Speaker 2: I mean, those left wing magistrates in Victoria are a huge part of the problem, as you say, and not just on this issue, but on a lot of issues.
Speaker 3: All Right, we're out of time. See if Joan ran. Great to see you guys.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I spoke earlier in the show about Sarah Milgrim, who should have been starting one of the happiest chapters of her life.
Speaker 3: Her boyfriend was about to propose he just bought a ring.
Speaker 2: Instead, they were killed as they left the Jewish Museum in Washington last week. Now, one of Sarah's friends, aolet Rauzin, joins us now from Israel. IoLET, you're also an expert on international law and human rights. You're the former director of International Justice at Israel's Ministry of Justice, and I actually interviewed you and met you when I was in Israel last year. I'm sorry that we are now speaking again on this topic, and I'm so sorry for your loss.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us about Sarah?
Speaker 1: Yes, I can.
Speaker 9: I actually met you and met Sarah around my research and advocacy on the gender based violence. On October seventh, and captive. That's how I met her. She was my counterpart in the Israeli Embassy in Washington, and she was the one who arranged all the meetings with stakeholders, with lawmakers to learn about the evidential status of the sexual violence and to promote policies according to what they have seen and.
Speaker 3: Been shown.
Speaker 9: And it's a tragedy. She was a beautiful soul, peace lover and peace activist, and she was murdered brutal only because she was Jewish, because she was Israeli. And this should be taken of the wake up call, not only in the US, but all over the world the next murder. It's not a question of an if, it's a question of a when. And I hope people are starting to realize that.
Speaker 2: And you're so right, Isilet, because this climate is emerging in America, in Australia, in England, in France, right around the world. You know, I spoke earlier globalized the Intravada, this violent activist movement, and we've seen the reaction to this assassination.
Speaker 3: There have been all these activists.
Speaker 2: With massive online profiles coming in to defend what he did. I mean, how have you even processed that sort of online reaction to this, you know, shocking tragedy of your friend.
Speaker 9: It's just, you know, it's unbearable, it's unbelievable. It's kind of like you brought it on yourself because you're Jewish, because you're Israeli, as if Sarah or Ye the rest in Peace had anything to do with Israel's policy and the war and Gaza and anything. And really, if it's not clear that it really doesn't matter if you're pro Palestine or pro Israel, whatever you think of the conflict, if it's not clear that you cannot murder innocent people on you know, at the end of an event of the Jewish Museum that really, I don't know where this all this is heading, and show me, show me where else is there an ethnical group, a religious group, any group that has to hide its you know, religious symbols that cannot speak its native language out in public. Those are the strong recommendations when Israel and Jews travel around the world, there's a strong recommendation to be especially aware. Just yesterday it came out in Canada, not in Afghanistan or Iraq. In Canada, Jewish people and Israeli people are warned especially not to show their you know, their identity. Yeah, because there are strong threats in Canada. Where is this going? And more importantly, who's going to stop this?
Speaker 2: It's going to say, yeah, I let you did a lot of work on the rapes of women that happened on October seven. I mean, do you think part of the problem is that political leaders and the mainstream media have allowed this false narrative to take hold that Israel is committing genocide. I mean, you know, Uron of course was killed, but but Sarah's a woman. We haven't seen this movement in support of her from the feminists.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: You know, it's in continuation to the to the betrayal and the double standard. You know, there's this mantra me too unless you're a Jew, which unfortunately is true when it comes to Jewish women Israeli women, and there's no you know, clear standard on where to draw the line. And this behavior is setting us back years and years in our achievements as humanity, as feminists. The solidarity, you know, it doesn't it doesn't hold when you're Israeli or Jewish. But I want to take this a step further. The threat of radicals, extremists Islamic. They're a minority, a tiny minority, but they're studying the standard. It's not only to Israeli As or Jews. Everywhere in the world. Every week or so you see some kind of terror attack for a crowd, a general crowd, not only israelis not only Jews. And if the world doesn't understand this is a threat and we need to stand together and push back on it and fight it. You know, it's just either stupidity or blindness. I don't know, or you know, you're one of the politically correct.
Speaker 3: You're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 2: And that shooter of Sarah and Yuron had even posted on social media saying death to America. So this isn't just about Israel. This is about Western civilization. This is spreading the Caliphate and Sharia law and not having the values that we all hold dear in democracy.
Speaker 3: Ilet.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry again for the loss of your friend and hope that next time we speak it's under better circumstances.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us, Thank you so much. Still to come.
Speaker 2: The ABC has eaten humble Pie after wrongly accusing Coalition MPs of abandoning their constituents when they died in the bloods. Plus what possibly could have possessed Chris Bowen to think eating pasta in the middle of mass was good behavior. Well, Ray Hardley will be here at the desk after this quick break. Well, Energy Minister Chris Bowen has been put on notice for his appalling manners, having been caught out eating a bowl of pasta during a mass service. And let's bring in radio legend Ray Hadley here right now. This is very rude conduct.
Speaker 11: Rail Well, look at this, goes Hey and in glove with his behavior since he went in parliament, I mean he was elected as the youngest mayor in southwestern Sydney. He's never had a proper job. He obviously doesn't go to Mass regularly. And it was a festival and whether it was a church or just in some reflection, that could have been an area where they're having a mass. But when you walk into the mass with a bowl of nocky and there's a black out in the front with his collar on back to the front, speaking of Italian, anyone with half a brain would think this is either wedding ceremony or it's a mass. And whatever it may have been that he thought it wasn't you don't sit there like we've just seen, skipping up the knock.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just free. But it's just him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's you know, it's what I got the nickname I gave him crudely Casanova. But because everything he touches, including noki, he stuffs up.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I'm glad you didn't use the swear word.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that to you.
Speaker 10: Show I've got too much time and respect for you.
Speaker 11: But oh, Casaneva, it's just I'm not When I heard the story, I wasn't surprised because the blake has the IQ of a kumquat.
Speaker 3: I've also never seen a politician stuff up so many.
Speaker 11: Times and is I think he must have photos of someone in a compromising position, otherwise he'd be They hit him during the election, which is a really smart move by Anthony Albersi. He was in witness protection, you couldn't find him, and now they won overwhelming majority, so all of a sudden he's out loose again.
Speaker 1: He isn't in the front paddick again, and.
Speaker 2: So arrogant in his social media videos that he does, had a look at them one day, and just so patronizing and arrogant. Anyway, if anyone wants to feel annoyed, you can go check out his Instagram. Now, I want to take a look at this ABC journalist who was trying to score political points over the Nationals on the ABC Insiders program, and she wrongly accused Coalition MPs of leaving their constituents while they died.
Speaker 3: Have a look.
Speaker 12: The other thing that's probably really important to regional communities is that they have a local member who's there when their electorate is, for example, flooding and people are dying, and that is what has happened this week. We've seen the Nationals doing all of this in Canberra. I think the important thing is that when you're in our position, it's also still your job to be a local member.
Speaker 3: Except that wasn't true.
Speaker 2: Those MPs she were speaking about, Alison Panfold and Pat Conahan were both in their community. They weren't in Canberra, and the ABC have now had to issue a statement ray and apart, pologize and say.
Speaker 3: They got it wrong.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 11: I don't think many people knew who Claudia Loong was before this faux pa. But the one thing she has to do is check with her sources whether it was a leak from the labor camp before her appearance with David on Insiders. I'm not quite sure, but I thought i'd just check who she is because I'd never heard of her. She's been around for seven years, so she hasn't just graduated from Charles University yesterday. She's been around for seven years. And it's inconceivable, and I guess it's going to be a tag that, you know, the poor girl now probably feels that silly and that's stupid that she believed the person that told her that, And one would have to suggest it would be a labor operative briefing.
Speaker 3: Her doctor knowing she was going to be on.
Speaker 11: It, brief in her Let's rip into these two people up in the north coast of New South Wales and tear them a new one. And it's completely unacceptable. Look, I said to staff outside of having a chat with some of the younger ones outside about it. If this happened in commercial TV or commercial radio, you'd be for the high jump. I mean it would be not three warnings, it'd be Look, we're going to put you what you're going to do with rural news. You're not going to cover federal politics. Anymore because whatever source you have is so far wrong. We've been highly embarrassed. We've had to apologize to the two national politicians, and you know, the program loses all credibility with you on it.
Speaker 2: So if you knew you were going to make an allegation like that, you put questions to the MPs and then find out that actually they were there, so that well journalist and process wasn't followed. I hadn't ever heard of her before either, but then I stopped watching the ABC's I haven't seen Insiders in a long time.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, one of the reasons I asked you to be with me on Monday night, or me with you more correctly, is because Monday night people used to ring me on the radio Tuesday said, you see what they said about your media watch last night. I said, listen, they have eleven or twelve producers to do fifteen minutes of TV.
Speaker 10: On a Monday day night.
Speaker 11: I do fifteen hours with two staff, five days a week. So the answer the question is they say what they like about me. I don't give a tinker's cuss because I don't care and I don't watch them, and I think based on that plenty of people steering away from the ABC as well.
Speaker 2: It's also ideological and speak of ideology. I mean, we're starting to see now. And there was this story in the Herald today that these climate change activists are already saying that the floods are because of climate change.
Speaker 11: Can someone out there explain to me, please? Or cop one in one hundred years or cop one in two hundred, but if there's one person on the planet can tell me what was happening in Australia as it was not known then in fifteen twenty five. One in five hundred years. I mean, I'm going to make near Port Quarry. He's had two in four years, twenty twenty one and now. And the poor Blake is just like his mates around him. In the rural area just the port, there were all sorts of strifers. The rivers meet and just converge out of the top of them. But they went there knowing that from time to time they'll be floods. Unfortunately there's been two in four years. But if I read one more line about one in five hundred years, can someone tell me who was forecasting the weather in fifteen twenty five the sixteenth century to say it's one in five hundred years.
Speaker 1: How could be one in five hundred years?
Speaker 3: No one was here, It's nonsense, it's fictional.
Speaker 11: Well there were people here, but they were they didn't have the implements to measure rain and weather events.
Speaker 2: But we do know Dorothy mckella's poem of course, land of floods and.
Speaker 3: Sweeping planes.
Speaker 1: Well, now you got me back to sixth class.
Speaker 3: I love it for that country.
Speaker 11: Of ragged, ragged mountain range drops and flooding raine.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go. So we know that Australia has been flood prone and there's no evidence that this was this is because of climate change, but the Prime Minister was pushing this line as well.
Speaker 3: If we've got that comment, let's have a look.
Speaker 4: We're reminded as well of the need to look at the impact and cost of climate change. Whilst Australia has always had extreme weather events, the science told us they would be more frequent and they would be more intense. That is precisely what tragically is playing out with dealing with a cyclone off the coast of southeast Queensland and northern New South Wales just a short time ago, dealing with floods, but also dealing with drought.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I mean what Albanizey said today, I had to go at what he said earlier in the show about Israel and now this as well.
Speaker 11: I mean he seizes upon it like clinging to a lifeboy. Look the debit about climate change. I used to steer clear of it because it's just one of those things. You're going to get people with different points of view and arguments, and you'll have science on one side and science on the other. But if someone can prove to me sometime in the foreseeable future that what happened on the north coast of New South Wales happened five hundred years ago and it's a one in five hundred year event, well I'll start believing them. But no one can produce that evidence.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately for them.
Speaker 2: Now ray the coalition. It seems like they don't want to win the election in three years. They together, they not together, So.
Speaker 11: Let's portray what happens. They get lapped as a coalition by the Labor absolutely lapped Hammond, worst result in living memory. So Peter Dutton doesn't get re elected. He's gone last week's pay. Susan Lee they're beautiful, Angus Taylor loss. So what is the first thing the coalition do. The first thing they do in front of the entire nation they have a blue. They have an argument, and instead of saying, well, look let's have calm heads here, we're not going to win an election unless we're united on this, let's just know so little Proud says that's it. Up you for the we're out of here. Then two days later they kiss and make up. I mean, I said I think to you after the election that this could be a two or three term labor government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way the Liberals and the Nationals.
Speaker 11: Are carrying on, they want to make it a four term labor government. I mean, it is just incomprehensible that after such a devastating defeat they couldn't put egos aside and have an argument down the track about it, or do something against some policy on euclear and all the other things that the Nationals getting.
Speaker 2: They're act together, but don't have a blue.
Speaker 11: Two days after the election and you know, get teddy beer out of the cotton say that's it. I'm not going to be friends with you anymore. I mean, And the other problem is which you and I have discussed previously every day. Mark Speakman's the leader of the Liberal Party in New South Wales. They're a day further from being elected as the next government exactly, and they've got the similar problems. They're controlled by the Left in New South Wales and they don't want to do the right, and the right arm brave enough to take them on. And Speakman defends the left and is all about the left, and he's got his left tenants around him, the Pretorian guard around him.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: It's just so anyone's hoping in you South Wales sometime soon you're going to have a Liberal National Party government.
Speaker 2: Don't hope no, Okay, I don't know if anyone is hoping. I think Chris Mens is doing a reasonable job. But I agree with you Mark Speakman. Very week, Leader, Ray, great to see you again another week.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. See you next Monday.
Speaker 2: Thank you and still to come.
Speaker 3: The reporter who took her commitment to the news to the next level. I wouldn't do this. Her word is breaking live on air.
Speaker 2: Plus Y Media was banned from filming Kamala Harris's speech on the Gold Coast that's next.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Russia.
Speaker 2: Has launched more than three hundred and sixty drones and missiles against Ukraine.
Speaker 3: This is the largest aerial attack.
Speaker 2: Of the war so far, and at least twelve people, including three children, died in this arra President Trump was furious.
Speaker 1: I'm not happy with what Putin's doing.
Speaker 13: He's killing a lot of people, and I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time, always gotten along with him. But he's sending rockets into cities and killing people, and I don't like it at all. Okay, we're in the middle of talking and he's shooting rockets into Kiev and other cities.
Speaker 1: I don't like it at all.
Speaker 2: The first time Trump has turned in such a strong way on Peutin. Now to discuss guy Andese contributor Kosher Garda joins me, Now, Kosher, I.
Speaker 3: Mean they were talking.
Speaker 2: Trump seemed to have confidence that Prutin was going to respect him as a man and respect their negotiations. It doesn't look like that with this sort of aerial missile.
Speaker 3: And drone barrage overnight.
Speaker 7: For sure, we've come a long way from his rhetoric in the campaign that this would be solved in twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: That's for sure.
Speaker 7: I think you know what Putin's calculus here is is that he is aware, as many are, that there aren't so many moves left on the chessboard because domestically, there is almost zero appetite for the US to continue funding Ukraine to the levels that it has been, or any sort of military involvement or security guarantees or any of that. And he probably is aware of that. That's Putin's ace in the hole, and so he's deciding to go on offense. It obviously didn't play well with Trump because they're in the middle of peace talks and negotiations. I think the only moves that he has left are this carrot and stick diplomacy, because he's going to stay in the diplomatic lane. That's what all indications are right now, President Trump, and that either looks like more sanctions you know that hasn't had that much impact, It's had mixed impact in the past, and or how many concessions would be offered to Russian We're sort of just in the spiral for now, and I hope we see a breakthrough soon, but it doesn't look very promising at this moment.
Speaker 2: Quite interestingly form a US president hopeful Kamala Harris is here in Australia as she headlined a really state event on the Gold Coast, complete media blackout though no cameras or reporters allowed.
Speaker 3: To cover it.
Speaker 1: Kosher.
Speaker 3: Why the secrecy? What would she be worried about?
Speaker 7: We can only surmise that I think this is sort of a training ground for her. So she just signed with CAIA, the pre eminent talent agency in the world, and this is her first major paid gig out of the gate, coming all the way to the other end of the world speaking at this conference, and I think sort of just warming up, if you will, for probably a two hundred to three hundred thousand dollars speaking fee career that she's going to pursue, among other things. And you know, she's well known to not be the best speaker, not great at thinking on her feet from potentially adversarial media or scrutinis operatives or reporters in the media. And I think she's just giving her curated, stage managed speech until she figures out what her new brand is going to be.
Speaker 2: Just quickly before you go, Jake Tappa's new book. As we've been talking about in the show details Biden's mental decline. I mean, there are so many stories now coming out. Another example is a stage town hall event that was so bad the campaign couldn't even use any footage.
Speaker 3: From it, so kosher.
Speaker 2: I mean, actually, I bring this up again because this looks like a deliberate cover up that was seriously misleading voters.
Speaker 7: One hundred percent. And there's a lot of these Johnny Completely's coming out now because the election finished, We've seen the result, and it's easy to come out now and the stakes are much lower than they were before the election. And that's the other story behind the story here. So these details will come out about the extent of the cover up, but the media was certainly complicit in the authors of the book also were complicit in it. And I would say it's probably one of the biggest political scandals in modern history, the level of cover up that happened, and everybody saw it, even if not to the full extent. And the scrutiny is going to continue and we're going to find out more and more details.
Speaker 1: With each one.
Speaker 3: The picture looks.
Speaker 2: Worse, and not just the media cover up, because it definitely damages the establishment media in the United States, The New York Times and others that would have known about this. CNN they couldn't not know about it if they have good sources in the Democratic Party, which they do, and they didn't report on it.
Speaker 3: But it also damages the institution the.
Speaker 2: Democratic Party itself, and how can voters trust it in the future when they were seriously putting forward for President Biden. You know, a man until one of those debates was suffering to this extent, this mental decline, to this extent. I mean, it is a really big issue that there should be an apology to American voters. Koshagada, thank you so much for your time right and still to come. If you think you're committed to your job, just wait until you see this American television anchor whose waters broke live on air and then she.
Speaker 3: Timed her contractions. That's coming up next.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I we'd like to think we're all committed to our jobs with a good work ethic, but this New York News anchor took her commitment.
Speaker 3: To the next level.
Speaker 8: Olivia's water has broke and she is anchoring the news now. In active labor, early labor, early labor. We've been doing the contract she's now, you know, timing her contracts two minutes apart. No, well there was one, but it's been a few minutes since then, so we're still in good shape. Her decision to stay on the look at what days past?
Speaker 4: Two days?
Speaker 2: Oh there we go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, so we're thinking talking to be here and I'll stay on the desk for as long as I possibly can.
Speaker 3: But if I disappear, so happy for you.
Speaker 8: She's two days overdue, so she wants this baby.
Speaker 2: We've all worked through some tough conditions, but not a lot have worked through tough contractions.
Speaker 3: All the best to Mom and Bob. I'll see you tomorrow, is Paul.