Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right, hey.
Speaker 2: And this is high Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite grip chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has you gripped, we're talking about it coming up.
Speaker 2: On this episode. Aj has popped the big question to Brittany and she's going to tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Plus, I'm involved in it in some way or another.
Speaker 3: And we're going to hogs breath.
Speaker 2: Literally, we're going a hogs breath. We actually should not even give any more context. Just leave it at that, Okay, okay. Plus, I found a contender for Royal Flush of the Year, one of the best things I've seen on the Internet in a very very long time. Can't wait to tell you about that. And we're adding a new segment to this episode. Brittany's been a bit sick of me ranting, so much, so I thought, let's just keep it. At the end of the episode, you're going to get a new segment that's all about me ranting, and you can tell me whether you agree with me or not.
Speaker 3: Stick around and look forward to that.
Speaker 1: Will be putting it in the broadcast channel on Insta, and you have to let us know if you love it or you hate it.
Speaker 2: Deal me in dull. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew. We have both shown up this morning wearing pink.
Speaker 2: And so has producer Hannah. Go Google girl. All of us are.
Speaker 3: Wearing pink, and you know what, I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: Barbie vibes, no glinga vibesquin vibes.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt, I had a dream about you on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Oh, this will be good. You know everybody loves hearing about other people's dreams. It's my favorite pastime, so enthralling. Tell me what happened?
Speaker 3: Are you a big psycast? Yes, you hate knowing people's dreams.
Speaker 2: It's also sorry to be a bitch, Hanna, but it's my camera on it is Oh, it is okay. So I just looked up and thought I can't see myself and God for people, we don't get my face on camera this week. But anyway, what was your dream about. I'm just eating a chip, Okay, I know. We just ran to the vending machine here at Neither. I've just discovered there's a vending machine.
Speaker 3: Machine for the warehouse. Took zero plus the pie warmer. Okay.
Speaker 1: I had a dream on the weekend. It was about you and ajm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you've got You've piqued my interest.
Speaker 1: AJ has had planned to propose to me, and you were in on it. It was the most hymn proposal and I'm appalled. Okay, he had written will you marry me? In sausages on the grass but they were like big sausages and you were like yes, Like you were there and it was out in public, and I was fucking mortified, and you were there fully encouraging this idea. There.
Speaker 2: I am sorry, my camera's working now, we can all breathe easy.
Speaker 1: You you were in encouraging the idea, and then I think I embarrassingly said.
Speaker 3: Yes because like I was just like fuck this.
Speaker 1: But then I don't know if this is a clue of any kind, Matt, But the dream changed a little bit and you were doing a live show of your own and it was like a unique experience. And it was like two long tables, like a sit down dinner experience, okay, And in the middle of these two long tables was where you were doing your show.
Speaker 3: But it was a moving train and.
Speaker 1: You you were like running along and jumping, and they're like it would stop and you would do your little segment and we were all eating dinner and you were in the middle on a moving train.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what that's trying to tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, we have some people who like can interpret dreams who listen to this podcast. A few of our scrollers messaged me when we've spoken about our dreams in the past the message and said, this is what this means.
Speaker 1: And this is what does Aj prop with sausages and Matt being on a moving train for his.
Speaker 2: Live show while you're stationary eating.
Speaker 1: Well, we're stationary eating like a fine dining dinner and you were putting on a show in the middle.
Speaker 3: That was my dream.
Speaker 2: There'll be some big explanation for that. We'll keep you updated if we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what'd you do on the weekend?
Speaker 2: Saturday? I just potted around, you know, ticked off the to do list, did a couple of feet, washed the towels, washed the sheets of what did I do? Wipe down the kitchen bench. I didn't get to the bathroom in the bathroom still needs to be done. It was just one of those days. Watered the plants around the house. It was Saturday, and then Sunday I went to Raging Waters.
Speaker 3: That looks so good. So where is that is?
Speaker 2: That sat near like Blacktown, but only on the you know, the M four or whatever. I think. It felt like twenty minutes to get there. It was great.
Speaker 3: Can we go one time?
Speaker 2: Yes? I'm not even it was so good. And this time around we went the we went the level up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw your fucking stories in your kabana with your mini fridge in the safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I knew. I wish I knew that that mini fridge was there. I would have done a packed lunch with a little charcouterie board or something that would be good.
Speaker 3: Allowed to take you you can.
Speaker 2: Take your own because you can take your food in any way, which we did last time with an eski and everything. But you know, it was just a bit difficult to work that out logistically throughout the day because the lockos are over one side of the park and then we're lining up for an hour for a water slide. So obviously we've got the fast pass sorded this time because last time we're like, we must do that, and I'm so in my fast pass era. I'm in my theme park here. Actually, I mean quite a few.
Speaker 1: I know you're thirty years old and going to theme parks every weekend, but I'm here for it. Actually, you know what, I want to go with you, but I want it to be not on school holidays, and I want to go on a weekday.
Speaker 3: Surely that would be the best time to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you mean to like Raging Waters? Yeah, I don't know whether they're open throughout the week. I don't know. I have to check on that, but they've only just opened for the season, so it's only the second weekend. And when we woke up on Sunday, we were going rain, hail or shine, really as long as they were open, because who cares? People get turned away, like if it's not a if it's a rainy day, like we can't go to the water park. I'm like, you're getting wet anyway, Dulling, why.
Speaker 3: Not did you go on the slides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it all. But it was so good because like last time, it took us like three hours to do three slides, and we were done in about half an hour, and then we were just able to sit in the cabana order some food. Like it was really relaxed day. I've never had such a relaxing day at a theme park before, or a water park.
Speaker 3: I'm so random.
Speaker 2: I highly recommend you are.
Speaker 3: Thirty yeah and gone to thing.
Speaker 2: I know, but maybe it's a midlife crisis.
Speaker 1: I'm here for though, Like, I honestly want to go with you one time, Hannah, You're coming.
Speaker 3: We're going to Raging Waters.
Speaker 2: We'll do high scrollers live from the Bombora, which is one of the slides at Raging Water. It's real fun. It's good. Although the first time I went on and I thought it was breaking. I thought I'd broken it. As we're going down because I don't know it does this weird thing shoots water under your bum. I thought it was the bottom of the thing collapsing. I thought this final destination. I'm dying here. But anyway, it was a really fun day and I didn't scream that much, so I still have my voice remember last time, because I went earlier this year as well, in like January, And the next day I got here and I was like, hello everyone, Bella the Yellow, Big Wild can't speak, you know. But now I'm all sorted. I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 2: Well, Movie World it's actually messaged me see me go and said the Wizard of Oz Land is opening soon, which is very exciting. They're bringing two new roller coasters and a fully immersive little area to Movie World and it's all Wizard of Oz themed, obviously to coincide with the Wicked movie coming out, et cetera, et cetera, and I'm very excited for that. And then we've got Scooby Doo opening next year allegedly allegedly so so I think I'll be going back to Movie World, not only to ride the Scooby Doo coaster, but Movie World message me and We're like, we'd love to have you be one of the first people to come up and ride the new Wizard of Oz rides and check out the Wizard of Oz munch Can Land. I don't know what they're calling it. And I was like, Dahla, I'll be there with Bells on. I'll pay you to let me be one of the first rides.
Speaker 3: I feel like so I used to love rides.
Speaker 1: I get a bit motion sick on the repetitive ones like one that will go around in a circle make me.
Speaker 3: Feel really sick. But I think now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just at a point in my life where I think I don't want to ever go on to ride again. Oh that's insane, only because like I fear that the one time I go on it, it's going to fail, it's going to malfunction.
Speaker 2: So I do it for the plot. We can tell the story on hal scrollers.
Speaker 3: What if I don't live?
Speaker 2: No, but when when the heck, what are your chances You've got more chances of being hit by a car you drive a car every day.
Speaker 3: It's true, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just like fuck that. Like I think I'll just stand down and watch. I'm going to be that person.
Speaker 2: Also, I think I'm content with death at this late stage in my life. I'm just like, you know, if it happens, it happens, whatever, don't cry about it, just celebrate me. Move on.
Speaker 1: I've actually got an update as well, speaking of death, I've got an update on.
Speaker 3: My will, Yeah, what did I get?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So interestingly enough, so if you missed it, like a few episodes back, I was talking about how I was I'm going to get my will done just because we've got a lot of companies and all this kind of stuff like what actually happens if I fucking dropped dead tomorrow?
Speaker 3: So it's a weird thing.
Speaker 1: And I put it on my story saying that I've been and like started the process, and so many people that work in like law firms and stuff were replying to my story saying this is actually so good for you to promote for people to do this because you have no idea like the mess that can happen when someone doesn't have a will. So what I learned is, well, in my experience, is you don't have to go, Okay, I'm leaving this person this and this person that like, you can if you want to, but you don't have to, which was really interesting and the thing that opened my eye the most. I've actually written it down all the other people that I had to put on there. So there's a substitute executor, a substitute attorney, and a substitute guardian, and I'm like, what the fuck are all these things, and then he was giving us all these scenarios. So for example, like what happened if AJ and I died, let's say in a car crash trigger warning at the same time.
Speaker 2: He obviously can't do your will. He can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So then like in your will, I've had to put like okay, So for example, if I die, AJ gets everything, like everything goes to AJ, the companies go to AJ, like everything I own goes to AJ. But then you have to have another thing in there in case of the scenario of AJ and I dying at the same time, then who is the person? And the scary thing that I haven't ever thought about is if it was really unfortunate and AJ and I passed away at the exact same time, like fate, and like all our stores and everything, like, you can't just shut down a company because you're in leases, like Westfield doesn't give a fuck if you and your partner die and you've got a lease, like you've got to still keep paying the rent and everything.
Speaker 2: Would you not have company insurance that could cover that sort of stuff? Though, like someone I do have.
Speaker 1: Company insurance, So I'm not sure how it works. But like I've had to put someone on my will that in the scenario of AG and I both dying at the same time, someone is there to they have to come in and like take over my companies, and I've written in there they will get paid a.
Speaker 3: Lot of money. It's surprise, it's you. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: My eyes are widening over here, going thank god, this isn't my job.
Speaker 1: And so it's one of my friends that I've known for like a really long time, and like I even had to call him and be like, look, I know this is fuck to save, but if a can't I die, I'm leaving this to you. But the good thing is if that was to ever happen, yes, my friend would come in and take hold of it. But then you get like solicitors and attorneys or whoever the fuck, and.
Speaker 3: They figure out what's going to happen to the company. And then there's the other thing as well.
Speaker 1: I've had to do if I was in a car accident and I'm alive but not there anymore, and I've done the thing where if two doctors sign off and say that I'm not coming back from that kind of thing, like if two doctors say yep, She's like get brain dead and not coming back. If two doctors agree to that, then don't resuscitate me or whatever it is. And my solicitor was saying, that's a really important thing that we should put in our wills because it's devastating. If let's say that happened and I didn't have that in my will, that do not resuscitate thing, then AJ would have to make the decision that they're going to turn it off.
Speaker 3: And he said the guilt that that partner.
Speaker 1: Then has because they feel responsible for the death of their partner, whereas like, if we have decided now, if I'm ever in that situation, don't resuscitate me, just let me die because I'm going to die anyway, then the partner doesn't feel guilt, yeah, which.
Speaker 3: Is it's just fucking nuts. This whole thing is nuts.
Speaker 1: And the first thing that my solicitor said when I sat down is like, all right, so you're definitely gonna die. Like that was the start of the conversation, and it was so like, what sobering to have this experience and it's real for all of us.
Speaker 3: Fuck, it's fucking wild.
Speaker 2: We should have left this for a close friend's episode. This seems very full on for whatever time it is on a Tuesday that everyone's listening.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry everyone, Sorry, it's.
Speaker 2: Not even Wednesday yet, we're already talking about death and wills and do not resuscitate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, go get your will done to save your family and friends, like any hassle in the future.
Speaker 3: It's good to have.
Speaker 2: You can do a will even if you don't have anything to like actually give anyone right, like you can you just make all your wishes like you do not resuscitate.
Speaker 1: Exactly all those things so that your family doesn't have to do that, because I.
Speaker 2: Feel like we're so like used to wills being something that's just like in Hollywood movies and here's thirty billion dollars to the.
Speaker 3: And you have the estate and you get the house. But no, like, go and get it done.
Speaker 1: Even for those scenarios where like you might have an awful accident and you can't be in control of your body anymore. You have to put a person on your will that is the person that's going to make the decision of what's going to happen with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fucking nuts.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: That's my update on my will.
Speaker 2: Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush. Well, yes, as you heard Queen Liz just say. What Queen Liz just said?
Speaker 3: I think it's Queen Lee. I'm like, what's that.
Speaker 2: Queen Liz are I pe No, she just said it's time for the Royal Flash of the Week. Best thing we've seen on the internet this week, and this week I have a contender for Royal Flush of the Year, which is obviously coming up in a few weeks over our holiday break. In the new year, We're going to give you our Royal Flush of the Year and this one is a hot contender because this is one of the best things I've not only ever seen on the Internet, but in my life, and I think it will make sense to you. Okay, can you just read out what I've written down there? Because as I've said before, we just give like pointers, So Brittany has no idea what I'm about to say. But I think the dot point that I've put on the screen is very funny and worth you reading it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have written big fat tart the stooky.
Speaker 2: Now where do you think this could be going?
Speaker 1: There is a big fat tart like a pie, and the stooky is a poo.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm getting, you know what what you are so far off but also so close. It's got nothing to do with poo, but it does have to do with I guess, tarts or cakes or things in general. So the big fat tart is a TikTok account.
Speaker 2: I think she must sell. I didn't dive into it, but I think it must be a little small business that sells, you know, cakes and things. She has replied to my comments saying I'd love to send you some out, but I actually haven't replied responded to her yet because I'm like, oh, I don't know if I do, because I may be addicted to these. Here we go. This the sticky.
Speaker 3: Oh, the STUCKI sticky. I thought it was sticky.
Speaker 2: It is a cross between a cookie and a sticky date. Puddy, do you want to show you the video? Do you want to show you the video? It looks delicious. Hang on, let me get it up.
Speaker 3: The sticky sticky date cookie? Fuck me up?
Speaker 2: Here we go. Have a look at this. BRIT's Sorry, scrollers, you won't be able to see this, but you can hear Brittany's reaction.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know you've heard of the crookie and the Brookie.
Speaker 2: But let me introduce you to the sticky, sticky date filled cookie that is topped with the butterscotch sauce. It's so thick and deep, it's it looks like, to give you a visual, it looks like a minikeiche sort of thing, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Eight high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kenna pay is at a party, you get those little kind of pie look and kishi things. Imagine that, except the outside is cookie and the inside is sticky date pudding.
Speaker 3: Here is this person based I'm actually.
Speaker 2: Not sure, but the TikTok account is big dot fat dot tart. Nice and big fat tart. If you're if you're listening, you've got to you've got to sort your page out because she's got here like September menu, but I don't know where. Okay, she's tagged the location as mid North Coast, but you've got no link to your Instagram, no website, no like I don't know how to order from you, you know what I mean? Like there's nothing on your page to tell me where to go to order this. As I said, she commented back to me and said, I'd love to send you some. But the problem is I find think I think that this would.
Speaker 5: Be your undoing, absolutely, and I just would order. I want to support, yeah, for sure, but support okay?
Speaker 2: Nice? Have you found an Instagram or anything?
Speaker 1: But she only has.
Speaker 3: Eighty followers on TikTok. But yeah, on Instagram it's the same Big Fat Tart.
Speaker 1: But I love the business name, by the way, Big Fat Tart. That is great, a great business name.
Speaker 2: So you can order on Instagram. There's like all the links and everything. Okay, great, so she got the Instagram's ordered the TikTok. It might be one of those things as well. Where TikTok, you know, you need a certain amount of followers before you can put a link in things like that. So I'll give her the grace there. Maybe we can all go follow Big Fat Tart and comment on the sticky date putting tikto I can say, haigh, scrollers sent.
Speaker 1: Me, yeah, and we don't want you to send us them for free. We will support you in order. But can you order online?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ye, but I'm just scared. I'm going to order and me like, that's the best thing I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Are you recording next Monday?
Speaker 2: What's yes? Probably we're ordering some figure it out. We'll figure it out. But that is my royal flush of the week, if not the month, and potentially the year. The stooky. I've never wanted anything so bad in my life before. But it's a slippery slope. It's a slippery slope, you know what I mean. That's all I'll eat. That will become my full time diet of.
Speaker 3: Meal prep it. You know how you love meal prepping anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know I've got an addictive personality. So what should become other people who addicted to all these things? I'll be added to stokies. That's all I'll do. I went through a phase last year I literally just eating like eggs and bacon for breakfast. Every I'd cook it, I'd fry it up in the fry pant. I look back at that now and go, how did I have the energy? Bother? Why was I bothered to get up and dirty every pan, pott and bloody everything, use all the ingredients in the kitchen to make myself bacon and eggs in the morning. I think about that. Now I can barely shake together a protein shake and walk out the door like I'm like, who was I see?
Speaker 1: I always hear people talking about addictive personalities, like everyone I meet.
Speaker 3: I swear that I'm got such addictive personality. I think I am the polar opposite.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, Like I think I'm gonna get into something and then something else. Okay, I can't stick to one thing. I can't concentrate on one thing. I'll be obsessed with something but for five seconds because I'm already onto the next thing.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of how's your lawnmower game.
Speaker 3: Going, I haven't played prages?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there go. When's the last time we played the sims years? Wow?
Speaker 1: But that's because I like played it a lot in COVID lockdown times, and I just I don't have the time.
Speaker 3: V I headset that I haven't used that for a and I keep meaning to. You know, I get addicted to these things, but only for like a week.
Speaker 2: Where's the or ring?
Speaker 3: Oh it's actually on.
Speaker 1: My bathroom fucking vanity, I lost the charger. So I'm the opposite of an addicted personality. Addictive personality, and I think that's why I do so much like in my business and work, because I just do one thing, then onto the next and back to the other.
Speaker 2: You're going to know this whole house and then not even be able to enjoy it and go fuck am I over right? Now? Yeah? All right, well what's your royal flush of the week please?
Speaker 1: So just something that I saw again, it's probably like a hyperfixation thing like that. I would just find good for five seconds. But have you seen the jelly cap tisserie in Paris?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: So you know what a jelly cat is?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, little stuffed animals and they're all cute and like all different things. Google girl. Yeah, so these things are called jelly cats. You can get them at the shops in Australia.
Speaker 3: Helly cat. Have you seen all these matt like those bunnies? No, you've never seen jelly cats. Those bunnies like they're like the iconic.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no I haven't said. What like a care bear or what are those.
Speaker 3: Kind of a beanie kid?
Speaker 2: What those plushies called? I say, it came out and they suck me in and I want to get them. They the pillow squish mellow. If you're a mum out there with a kid who wants a squish mellow and you don't get it, just let them know. I get it, all right, I see those things. I can't help but going over give them a big squeeze.
Speaker 3: Well that's how I feel about jelly cats too. They're so cute. I've never bought one, but.
Speaker 2: They smell, I don't think, so they look like they should be sentenced.
Speaker 1: And they're not cheap either, Like look how much these are sixty dollars for one little fucking thing anyway, So that's jelly cats. They're like a kid's toy. They're really cute.
Speaker 3: Anyway. They've opened like a shop in Paris.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's multiple shops, and I only saw one video, so correct me if I'm wrong on this, But they've opened like a shop which is a petisserie, which looks like a bakery, and you go in there to buy your jelly cat, but they serve it to you like it's a bakery.
Speaker 3: Look mad on the screen.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: And so all these jelly cats, which are just stuffed toys, they're all set up in this beautiful bakery and then the workers they make it a whole fucking experience. So you go up behind the country like I'll have the croissant one please, and they're like okay, and they get it with the tongs.
Speaker 3: Then they toss it in the air and they're like acting. They're like, do you want me to heat it up?
Speaker 1: So then they put it on like a fake hot plate and they're like posh, And they do this whole fun, interactive experience to box up your jelly Cat. And I just think that is the most creative, fun engaging way of selling stuff toys. And see they've got like the piping stuff and then they go and like pretend to put icing on it and stuff and sound. Yeah, they make the sound effects and they decorate it, but it's all pretend and it's just so imaginative. Everyone needs to look up jelly Cat petisserie on tea talk. It is just so cute and I wish I could experience it.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 3: I like that, yeah, and I want to go. Well, let's go to Paris.
Speaker 2: What are you doing tomorrow? I'm free your shout. Well, you know, I love being a little bit nerdy and I quite love a word. I love a book. I'm a reader. I'm a literature person.
Speaker 1: You know you are an addictive personality. See, I'm the opposite. I can't fucking read a book that saved my life. Read one chapter and I forgot what I read.
Speaker 2: I'm almost at one hundred for the year. I'll let you all know we are only a few books away from completing one hundred books in twenty twenty four. No one is as good as me. But it's been a big week for words, huge week for the word community. To be fair, because there are two things that I want to talk about today. First of all, word of the Year has been announced. Now, Google girl, could you go and give us go and find us some of the recent words of the years from the last like five years. So, for example, twenty twenty's word of the year was lockdown.
Speaker 3: Who decides this?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, let's go up on this page and see if there's an explanation as to how here we go, It says Collins English Dictionary announces a word of the month each month and then picks a word of the year at the end of the year, a short list of notable words or those that have come to prominence in the previous twelve months. So what have we all used more than anything? I mean, in twenty twenty it was lockdown because that was a word that we hadn't really used before and it came to prominence, right, So in twenty twenty it was lockdown. In twenty twenty one, it was NFT. In twenty twenty two, it was perma crisis, which I've never even heard of. Go Google Girl, what does that mean? Perma crisis A permanent crisis, one that continually drags on. Interesting. That's kind of devastating that that was twenty twenty two, but I've never I've never heard that one. AI was twenty twenty three's word of the year AI again, that makes sense, and twenty twenty four's word of the year. They had some in the short list here. Delulu made the top of the list, Romanticy made the top of the list. Yapping raw dogging looks maxim. Yeah, I don't even know what that is. But anyway, the word that came out on top, which is actually just so funny. The word of the year for twenty twenty four, according to the Collins Dictionary, is brat as in Charlie xcx, brat as in I don't know what not you not Google Girl clicking on Brat the album Wikipedia page to give us info on Brad.
Speaker 3: That's pretty fucking iconic. Like, it's the most simple thing I've ever seen. A green background with the blurry font.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and imagine, I don't know if this has ever been done before, but imagine like creating an album and then your album name is the word word of the year according to the Colins Dictionary. That's kind of iconic. So we had the Grammy nominations come out earlier this week as well. All of my faves are up for nominations. Sabrina Kumter I think has six in total, which is so good because I want to see her win as much as possible. Hopefully she takes out Best New Artist. Would love that for her. Charlie XCX was nominated a couple times as well, Taylor Swift's got a few, Beyonce's got a few.
Speaker 1: But I saw like everyone was upset because Arianna didn't get something for Eternal Snow Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Like everyone was mad saying they're doing her dirty.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. Eternal Sunshine, I feel didn't have like as lasting of an effect.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of the I was saying, she should have been nominated for We Can't Be Friends.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Apparently she unfollowed the Grammys as well on Instagram. Did you see that? I don't know if she ever followed them.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. Was she ever following them in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the word of the year is bratt. Congratulations Charlie X. Imagine having the word of the year. I just think that's how iconic. Hopefully next year we can all make big show happen or camp. Maybe camp could.
Speaker 1: Be the play has never been a word of the year. Yeah, like that is the most fucking common use word now that we never used to say a while.
Speaker 2: Everyone start using camp and hopefully that can be word of the year next year. But anyway, keeping on the subject of bag, a big week for words is the Colon's Dictionary again has actually had to add a new definition to the word error as in era. I always say the era's tour, but it's the errors tour, right, because that's how American has pronounced it. But I don't want you to think it's era as in err. But ra has a new definition in the dictionary. They've had to add one in because of the success and impact of the Error's tour. So error in the dictionary now will have another line that says a period of one's life or career that is of distinctive character. Wow. So now Taylor Swift, Like, this is what's happening. The main pop girl is Charlie xx.
Speaker 3: The definitions of tracking words.
Speaker 2: In the dictionary, That's what I mean? Is that not mind blowing? Like imagine one day they got to rewrite the dictionary because everyone starts using glazy so much. You know what I mean, Like, you come up with a word that one day has such an impact on the world, they got to change the fucking dictionary.
Speaker 3: That's fucking slay, that's fucking sleigh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jealous. I think that would be one of my goals and attributions in life, attributions, ambitions. So I don't know what. I don't even know. Get me a dictionary right now because I don't even know what attribution means. But that's one of my ambitions in life, change the world so dramatically that they've got to put me in the fucking dictionary iconic. We need to think of a little jingle here, Hannah. We need to doing a little we've.
Speaker 3: Been inserting the queens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I haven't listened to any I know. We need to work out a little jingle or something. I don't know if you'll have time to do it by the time this episode comes out. But I think I'm introducing a new segment, seeing as you like to say that I.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 2: That was an my parasite coming out. Sorry, I'm having a coke zero. And you know.
Speaker 1: I was with one of my fake girls the other day and she'd never tried coke in her life.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, so I made her sip it. She didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Wow, Who the.
Speaker 3: Fuck goes their whole life and doesn't have a sip of cloth?
Speaker 2: My sister, it's the same or all she has is water and apple juice.
Speaker 3: Nothing else, never tried it.
Speaker 2: I think she's tried like a lemonade and stuff, but no, I hate hates everything except a Madori pineapple. She goes off for one of those. Anyway, seeing as every week you say that I ran here, we go about things, Yeah, I thought, I don't want my rants to impact the entire episode. I need to keep a level head because they've been getting out of control lately, and I've been going off, you know, and I understand that. And each week Brick goes here, he goes he's on a rant. So I thought what we could do is potentially carve out a part of the podcast, a segment of the podcast.
Speaker 5: Okay, specificlyifically for me to go off my fucking rocker.
Speaker 3: Okay, what have you got this week? We're gonna call it. We're gonna have to call this something.
Speaker 2: Will Matt's rant of the week? Is that not just good enough?
Speaker 3: Straight to the point, you know, Matt's rant of the week.
Speaker 2: We'll have a little jingle eventually. I don't know if we've sorted one out for today or not, because you know, we're on a time crunch here. But next week we'll see how it goes. Actually, scrollers can give us feedback. Do you love or hate the rant of the week? Now, the point of the rant of the week is I get to rant, and then you have to tell me whether I am just in my ex in my rant, and you have to explain why you think you're on my side, okay, or whether I'm just being a dickhead. And you've got to tell me why I need to cool down, calm down, have glass. Yeah. Okay, So today I've got three there, don't read them all out, because I've prepared the next three weeks of France. I've got three there, you pick one.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go QR codes on restaurant tables back.
Speaker 2: And hell, seriously, it's not so much the QR codes on a table. This is what happened the other night. Sky and I we went out for a lovely little and night on the town. We stayed at a lovely hotel. We had a little staycation is what they call it in the business. And we went to a restaurant and we got to the restaurant and we sit down. We stood there waiting for a server to come and give us our table. We had a booking, all the rest of it. And they finally come over and they're like, hello, sit down, here's your table, and disorder on the QR code when you're ready. Okay, I don't mind the QR codes at restaurants. I will say that's not part of the rant. I'll get to the part of the rant. QR code on a restaurant table love it, especially when we're all just talking chat and we don't want to be interrupted and things like that. Whatever QR codes on a table, absolutely love. Here's where it fucks me off. You've sat me down at the table, you've not said a word to me, you've not taken my order, you've not asked if I had needed any drinks. I've had to do the whole thing on the QR code. I've ordered my drinks, I've ordered the food. The prices are already insanely through the roof. Anyway, here we go, pressing order, submit your order, Add a tip at a tip?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For what?
Speaker 2: You've not lifted a finger. I've done all the heavy lifting. Am I getting the fucking cash back on shop back or something? Because where where am I? Why am I giving you a tip? You've not done anything? You've not done a thing? What am I tipping for the app to the searcharse? What am I tipping for the surcharge of using the app? Get rid of the fucking app and just take my order on a piece of pad and paper. Let's go old school to ask for a tip. And it's it's fifteen, twenty, twenty five percent. That's an extra five sometimes ten dollars on top of the bloody meal for what. And then they make it so hard to say no tip, or maybe next time it's down in the corner so bad, stand in the corner, you can't even click the bloody thing, and they add the tip automatically. It automatically added the fifteen percent one of the lowest one. No, And I'm thinking to myself, down on a Saturday night as well, not like it was public holiday or Sunday surcharge and things like that. I just think rant of the week tips on a QR code at a restaurant, yeah, fuck off, because you haven't done a thing.
Speaker 3: You are just in your rant. I'm on yourself.
Speaker 2: Good, thank you, great, Okay, great.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say that you don't like QR codes at all, like on restaurant tables, and I was gonna say I disagree.
Speaker 3: I love ordering.
Speaker 1: Off a QR code because, like you said, like if you're in a big group and you're just chatting, there's nothing worse than like when you're catching up with people that you haven't seen for ages and you're chatting, chatting, chatting, they come over and go are you ready, and you're like, oh no, sorry, we haven't even looked like it cuts that. So I love QR code, but I definitely don't think there should be a tip thing on the fucking QR code thing that you've just done yourself. Yeah, but I feel even worse when some FPOs machines. You know how you go to pay at a restaurant and they're like, here's your receipt. Yep, you're all good with the price. They punch it in, they face it to you and it's the tip screen and they're standing there with the machine in their hand like.
Speaker 3: No, I click no every time I feel bad, and I always go the lowest one because they're like holding it as if so to say, please tip me.
Speaker 2: Not happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 2: I will say, though, QR codes on restaurant tables great, love it. I think it works in like a pub scenario or like one of those. The vibe is very much. But this was a really nice restaurant on the water at Bragaroo. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense when I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, well, I'm paying through the bloody roof for the price of the food here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Want to charge me a tip, You're not done anything.
Speaker 1: The thing that gets me as well is like I used to work in lots of restaurants in the day, and that was obviously before QR codes were ever a thing, and we would write everything on a notepad and by doing that we were able to control how fast the orders.
Speaker 3: Were coming into the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like if the kitchen was under the pump, like the chef would tell you like stop taking orders for like like just delay taking orders so they could get through their dockets. So I wonder, like, how do kitchens now operate with orders just coming through left, right and center at like the.
Speaker 3: Pace that the people place them?
Speaker 2: Perhaps though the system is smart enough to.
Speaker 3: Stagger them maybe yeah, because.
Speaker 2: They use lotter and the new order. Maybe your order doesn't actually go through for five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we used to like strategically place the orders. They'd be like, is the table at ten here? I can get their order in now, but then like wait, you know, ten minutes before you take anyone else's because they'd want it to match their flow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I wonder about that. If any of you work in a kitchen, let us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let us know. But the thing is with peping in general here in Australia, I'm a tipper. If you go above and beyond, Like if you are just doing your job, sorry, you're getting paid to do your job. If you go above and beyond and I get like the best service and you do something special, make my night or make us laugh or your like. I've had waiters who are like a bit charismatic and a bit you know, friendly, not like hogs Breads. Remember and hogs breath went through the time. Now do you remember hogs Breads? Sorry one day okay, sorry, God tell the story hogs bread fog breath, which I love, like love hogs breath. They made me fall in love with curly fries. Shout out to hogs Breadth. But basically hogs Breads. We used to go all the time, love it gorgeous. They come over with the pen and pad, you know. And then and then one day we went to hogs bread and there's there. The way they ran their business changed.
Speaker 3: Do They used to kneel down on the table like have you been a hogs breath before? Let me run you through the special And I would like, you don't have to do that. You can stand up, lie down with you.
Speaker 2: You can't sit at the table. What stressed me out is the pen and paper was out the window and they go what do you have? And what do you have? And what do you have? And he's just putting it all in his brain and he's gone, he's gone. No worries yet, God for you, and what do you want yours medium? Yet no worries, And then he just takes all that and goes and put us in in the system. I don't care how how good your memory is. Pull out the fucking pen and paper, because I'm sitting there going, Hi, I want this, but can I swap that for this? And can I swap this with that? And can I have this sauce on the side, and I want that sort of the size? I want mine cooked however I want it cooked. I'm one of those annoying people that has sometimes so many like changes to my meal that I want you to write it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I'm one of those people.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we're still in the rant section, so I'm allowed to be ranch. But yeah, Hogsweath just threw all that out the wind and just decided to come and sit down and have a chat. But sometimes, you know, you do get someone who goes above and beyond, or if it's like my or an anniversary and they go to the effort of like doing a little happy anniversary on our dessert or something. You know, of course I'll give a tip because you've got above me on You've made our night. But if you are just going high what would you like, no worries, and then bringing it out and putting on the table and saying enjoy.
Speaker 1: See when I was a waitress, I worked in so many restaurants over the years, and I would get in trouble at every restaurant that I worked at for spending too long, like talking to the customers, because that's what I fucking loved doing. Yeah, Like I didn't just take their order and bring the food out like I would chat to them, like have jokes, banter, And I honestly got in trouble off my manager every restaurant I worked out for doing that. But I feel like we need more of that because I feel like it's not like that anymore really, And when you do go somewhere and you get amazing service, it's like, holy shit, like that was really good, like because now it is kind of like what would you like here?
Speaker 3: It is thank you by Yeah hmmm. TL is something embarrassing about hog's breath?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if you ever saw this, but when someone was on their training ships, they used to wear a big l plate badge on their chest and it had like a pig on it with an L plate and I would feel so embarrassed for them walk around with the L plate on. It's almost like they were like a humiliation like workplace, like the crouching down with their arms on the bench.
Speaker 3: But hey, guys, have you been hogs wreath before?
Speaker 1: And I used to go yes, and like tell them to.
Speaker 3: Stand up because I know that they hated it. I'm like, ye, it's all right.
Speaker 4: I just feel we get how it all fucking works.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I will say, though their steaks did used to melt in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh I couldn't rave more about hogs breath. I love the terrible, terrible breath. Terrible has been gone for years and it's changed.
Speaker 3: The castle once shut down.
Speaker 2: This is what it is. If it ain't brake, don't fix it because their hogs breath went off and then they changed it. They've now had like four different businesses up there at the top of that and it has failed time and time again because it's just not what they want.
Speaker 1: Just give us a hogspress really was unhinged, like the whole day core the wooden but see.
Speaker 2: The motorbikes hanging from the room, pots and pans and wheels and bike jacket.
Speaker 1: Cuffs like blue green, red, like the plastic cups, and.
Speaker 2: Everything was just so like you you like, all the food had come out of everyone's plates were different sizes.
Speaker 3: Riding around the edge of the plate, and the meals were massive.
Speaker 2: I think corrogated iron.
Speaker 3: The one was a fucking drugs when they made that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I think there's one up at Nelson Bay like for yeah, yeah, can we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, And there's also one out where it's as well, somewhere like I want to say black Town, Penrith area. I think there's still a hogs Bread out.
Speaker 3: There, yes, can we go?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, what are you doing today?
Speaker 3: I actually not doing anything tonight.
Speaker 1: Please please?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I'm in Sydney tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well let's go. We're going to hold long and everybody in our Soular's chat. Wait, I'm gonna actually look at it. Anyway, let's wrap this up and then we'll talk about it. We'll thought about it. You know, I've never been so excited, And the next week we're gonna tell you all about our hogs Breath journey and tell you whether they still crouch down at the tables or what they do. Oh I can't wait. But anyway, scrollers, thank you so much for joining us. Hope you enjoyed this episode. Rate us five stars all the rest of that. Please you already know what to do. Hell, what a journey today's been. Did you like the new segment? Should we keep that around?
Speaker 1: Like we'll ask in the broadcast channel. That's gonna be our question of the week. Do we like Matt's new segment segment? Matt's rand of the week?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nice, gorgeous? Okay, fabulous. Well, thanks for listening. We'll see you on Friday for an episode of Close Friends. Anyway, Dale, I better let you go. I've got to help AJ with his proposal. What are the sausages? The same way that was going by the middle