Speaker 1: On Skye Leeds, Australia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehy Show. Coming up tonight, Australia's relationship with Israel. I'm the furthest strain after Penny Wong's ill advised commentary on the conflict with Iran, the war's impact on oil prices already being felt. Professor Ian Plymer will weigh in on that issue, and Army Horowitz will join me with the latest from the US, including the democracy denying no King's protests, and later in the hour we'll have the latest celebrity and royal news, including the famous singer who took a stand against the anti Trump protesters and left. He's losing. It is a little extra unhinged today thanks to the likes of Hollywood clown Mark Ruffalo.
Speaker 3: Lads Putin and Nat Yahoo and King Jong on of the world.
Speaker 2: But first, Australia's relationship with Israel has deteriorated further after Foreign Mister Penniwong advised Israel to de escalate. Here she is on the ABC.
Speaker 4: We urge de escalation, we urge restraint, we urge dialogue and diplomacy. What we have to do now is to de escalate and exercise restraint, and we have to return to dialogue now.
Speaker 2: In the ours following that statement, while not naming Pennywong specifically, Israel's ambassador to Australia issued a statement of his own, rubbishing cause for dialogue, Ammaymon wrote, History has shown what happens when the world ignores regimes that preach hatred, promise annihilation, and are left to build the means to carry it out. Iran isn't hiding its intent, it declares it, and it's building the weapons to fulfill it. He added, Yet some still urge diplomacy as if words can stop warheads. We have a duty to act to protect our people. Joining me now for more on this. As senior fellow and chief Economists of the Institute of Public Affairs, Adam Criight and Adam, I don't understand why Penny Wong feels the need to pour salt into these wounds. We've already got a strained relationship with Israel, we have a strained relationship with America, and we're on the verge of the Prime minister meeting with President Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I mean, I think firstly, it's funny.
Speaker 5: I think what Australia urges things cover about politics on the other side of the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, I did read someone that she was trying.
Speaker 5: To get a phone call with the Iranian fram just to do I mean, I'm sure, I'm sure he really wants to take that call.
Speaker 1: But yeah, look, I.
Speaker 5: Mean I think the well, I can perfectly understand why the Israeli ambassador is quite upset with Australia. I mean, you know, we are meant to be close friends with Israel, and you know, you can't really both sides this conflict. I mean, as you pointed out just then, I mean, Iran has been saying for decades that it wants to destroy Israel completely, and it was very close, as we've you know, as we've heard not just from Israel itself, mind you, but from the International Atomic Energy Agency, it was very close to getting a nuclear bomb. So you know, you put those two facts together and you can completely understand why Israel has lashed out right and absolutely, you know, I mean we would have done the same thing.
Speaker 1: I think in similar circumstances any country would.
Speaker 5: And so I think this language that kind of sees both of the countries equal is just not satisfaction.
Speaker 2: And our most important ally, the one we've also got a growing strange relationship with America, has been quite clear in standing with Israel in improving of this action. So again we've come out against. It's just a very.
Speaker 1: At the same time, the orchest Review is happening.
Speaker 2: At the same time as the Orchestra Review on the verge of the Prime Minister meeting with President Trump to talk about tariffs and trade and Aucus, why would you create further angst unnecessarily when you're achieving nothing. No one in Israel, no one in Iran cares what money Wong says exactly.
Speaker 5: So this is just after we censored those two Israeli ministers too, which was complete virtue signaling. I mean, they weren't coming here anyway. No, You're putting a travel ban on them. Is completely ridiculous.
Speaker 6: And look, you know.
Speaker 2: Marco Rubio put out a statement condemning the action. I mean to have the Secretary of State condemning Australia's actions again, not a great position for Australia when we need America to assist us, and they've also asked us to increase our defense spending and we've said no, thank you. So it's going to be very interesting to see how this meeting with Donald Trump is going.
Speaker 6: Meeting.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be very short.
Speaker 5: Apparently on the sidelines, it's not eight minutes of that eight minutes will be hello and you know, shaking hands, et cetera. So I mean, if I was elbow, I'd be quite stressed out about this meeting. But as you say, the backdrop's not good.
Speaker 2: No, and there is a lot on the line for the country, Adam. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has been criticized for its poor efforts in supporting stranded Australians in Israel. Some have labeled defacts communication shambolic after an evacuation email was sent out which contained an incorrect link. Adam, It's it's a worrying time for Australians stranded in the region and their families back home. The last thing you need is emails from DFAT with links that don't work.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, it's one of the largest apartments.
Speaker 5: I understanding camera, you know when you include all the staff around the world, so you would think that they could get that right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's actually surprised me, to be honest, that there were so many strainers there in the first place. I don't know what was going on with advisories there. I've got friends there.
Speaker 5: You've got friends there who've been in bunkers, and they were there during a pretty volatile, dangerous time. So let's hope everything's fine, but let's also hope that they can get out quickly this it has been a fiasco.
Speaker 2: Now we will have more on the impact of this conflict on energy markets with Professor im Plymer. But Israel's now set its sites beyond Iran's nuclear facilities by launching attacks on major gas and oil sites, including some of the largest in the world. Meanwhile, the reports that Israel had communicated to Donald Trump a plan to kill Iran's supreme leader, Aotola Ali Komane, which the US President oppose, leading to the plan not being executed. Adam Donald Trump does not want the US heavily involved in this conflict. He clearly stands with Israel. He condones what's happening, but he knows his supporters, a sizeable number of them, do not want to America involved in another war.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Look, it's a very difficult needle to thread for him at the moment, because he certainly does support Israel.
Speaker 1: That is very clear.
Speaker 5: But as you point out, I would say probably more than half of the Trump base are very anti war.
Speaker 1: There's the old Reagan Bush side, but that's probably about a third of the party.
Speaker 2: Now, I would say, yeah, the warhawks power and influence is diminishing.
Speaker 5: Well, it's much greater in mainstream media than it is amongst the ordinary supporters.
Speaker 1: They are really anti war, and I can understand why.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of wars, you know, in the last twenty years or so America's been involved in which have not gone well.
Speaker 1: So let's just see what happens. I mean, I think Israel.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I'm no military expert, but certainly Israel as what they call escalatory dominance.
Speaker 1: Basically it's going to win.
Speaker 5: And that's even without the US, I think, because ultimately it's got more missiles, has got more planes, and of course it probably has nuclear weapons too, which Iron knows and in a very extreme case, you know, that's a major threat.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and it's going to also be fascinating to see whether they stop at Iran not being able to create or develop a nuclear weapon, or whether they're going to push ahead for regime change, because well.
Speaker 5: That's the best outcome, right, but it has to happen organically, right, the ragime has to collapse right of its owner.
Speaker 1: Course, that would be the wonderful outcome.
Speaker 2: And that would have to be led by the Iranian people. And on that Elon Musk's Starling satellite internet service is now active in Iran. Elon Musk made that happen after the Iranian regime imposed nationwide internet restrictions. Adam hugely important for the Iranian people. You cannot have a revolution, you cannot overthrow that regime with internet being cut throughout the country. So this is really a way from the Iranian people to stay connected and perhaps have a shot at having nationwide protests. But as we have seen in the past, the Iranian regime is absolutely brutal in it is brutal in clamping down on those protests. Well, it just to see that happen.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I mean I hope so I just checked before I came on the show.
Speaker 5: But GDP per person has gone by, it has fallen by fifty percent there in just ten years in Iran.
Speaker 1: So I mean, how could it be a popular regime, it must be hated.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a very poor country, and yet it should be very rich. I mean it's huge, it's got ninety million people, it's filled with resources, it's got beautiful mountains, rivers. You know, there's no reason why it should be so poor. So let's hope that they can use starlink to coordinate.
Speaker 1: And just on Elon Musk, I mean, he's a bit of a hero here. Really, he's criticized for this and that, but.
Speaker 5: Looks, you know, he's he's turned on these beans, probably at great cost to himself. And who knows, maybe it will work, maybe it will see the end of the regiame.
Speaker 2: Well, what can only hope. So but we have seen some footage come out of Iran which is incredible to see the Uranian people celebrating the attacks against the regime, even though obviously innocent people have died in these attacks. They want to see the end of the Muller's rain. They've been in power now of what more than forty five years. Now, Let's turn our attention to Victoria, a one hundred million dollar fund that was set up by the City of Melbourne seven years ago to help East traffic jams when thousands of extra cars pour into Melbourne from the new Westgate tunnel. Well, that money has barely been spent. And what they have spent spent, Adam, they have spent on bike lanes. Yes, not road capacity upgrades as we expected, but more bike lanes and nobody uses.
Speaker 1: Just it's pretty outragious. That's a deliction of duty.
Speaker 5: It's one of the fundamental things of state government to get the right you know, to get public transport working and effective.
Speaker 1: And also this is a state that has something like one hundred and.
Speaker 5: Sixty billion dollars of debt, so the roads should be paved with gold, not filled with potholes.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of potholes. Anyone who has driven in Victoria in recent years would tell you about the condition of our roads. And I think it's that massive debt you mentioned that has really put a spanner in the works. They can't afford to fix. They're spending a fraction of the money they should be on roads.
Speaker 5: And you know, there's a separate story around recently two about Victorian roads that they're spending the same amount, the same amount of money trying to fix them, but the amount of roads that are actually being fixed has fallen by sixty six percent. And that's because construction costs in the unionized workforce have just gone through the roof.
Speaker 1: Totally unacceptable.
Speaker 5: I mean even Rod Simmons himself said years ago that construction costs in Victoria were roughly thirty percent more than they should be.
Speaker 1: So this is all the feather betting of the union workforce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only people who are happy in this state the moment, the union, Adam christ and thank you so much for your time tonight. Now we've already started to see the impact of the Israel Iran war on oil prices. They jumped around three percent of the weekend after Israeli drones struck the South Pass gas field in southern Iran, one of the largest natural gas fields in the world, as well as two natural gas processing facilities, according to Iranian state media. Meanwhile, Iranian missiles damaged a major oil refinery in Haifa. Joining me now is a steam geologist and author, Professor Ian Plymer in what impact will a prolonged war with Iran have on oil prices and will we feel it domestically here?
Speaker 7: We're now producing oil from different places. A lot of it is coming from fracking in the US. In terms of gas, it's Qatar, Australia and the US the big gas producers. Iran's much smaller in terms of oil.
Speaker 8: Well, if the Straights.
Speaker 7: Of Whom was a shut, then China doesn't get oil. Our oil comes from many other places, so it might push up the price, and the price has been relatively low for quite a while. It might push it up to more historical levels. So at this stage we're not seeing too much of an effect. At this stage, the gas producers like the US and Australia and Katara will benefit from it.
Speaker 2: Well, could we be a gas producing superpower? We have plenty of the stuff, we don't do the exploration perhaps, but is that an opportunity for Australia to really take advantage of those natural resources.
Speaker 7: Oh, we could easily be a superpower for guess. The problem is that we have governments that aren't superpowers. They're not very smart and in this state Victoria, they have really stuffed it up. Queensland's a bit better. But we need decent government and decent regulations and we could easily become a guest superpower. It takes time. It takes time. From getting a tenement, to drilling the wells, to getting the compression stations, to getting the pipelines. That takes time, and that will be the case in Iran because it will take a long time to repair the damage.
Speaker 2: Yes, Victoria in particular, given the perilous financial state we have in this state, with the biggest debt in the country, we could well do with some gas exports and the royalties that would come. Now. I don't know if Chris Bowen is a fan of that. Let's check in with everyone's favorite energy minister. He's not only a fan of green energy, he also loves promoting free money. Here is talking about the government's plan to force taxpayers to cover students hextet.
Speaker 9: You probably also noticed that your hextet was indexed on the first a duty. Here's what you need to know.
Speaker 10: Don't worry about.
Speaker 9: It because we had a federal election. Parliament w's it until July. But when parliament's h's our first law that will pass through Parliament will be to cut hex debt by twenty percent.
Speaker 2: He goes on to talk about how those cuts are going to be backdated. It's all just magical free money that just appears happy days well, his market.
Speaker 7: In that little clip on social media are young people. And these young people have got to realize that the free money today that they're getting, they'll pay for tomorrow with spade on it. And it also creates a massive injustice. Some people have done the right thing, paid back the hex's debt, worked the guts out to do that, and then all of a sudden, others who don't do that are getting free money. So it's blatantly unfair. It's going to come and bite people because people who are young love the free money idea. Who pays, they'll ultimately pay.
Speaker 2: And this is ex straight from the Biden Kamala Harris' playbook. This is the sort of nonsense they ran with and part of the reason why they lost. But Labor, sadly we don't have an opposition that really took it up to them at the last election. Now let's talk about Twiggy Forests. Billionaire Tiggy Forest. Here's a green energy advocate, and he wants taxpayers to fund increased compensation for those who live within ten kilometers of wind farms in is this a sound proposal? We keep hearing about how unpopular these wind farms are how they're devastating regional communities. Is taxpayers money the solution to.
Speaker 6: That, Well, it's not.
Speaker 7: And this is an acknowledgment that the wind turbines damage people. The wind turbines are blight on the horizon, the wind turbines pollute the ground. It will be far better to actually have a reliable energy system, which we once had and it was cheap, and that was cole. You can't guarantee the wind's going to blow all the time. We have these wind roughts and you just don't get energy. So it's not the sort of energy we need for an industrial power. We need energy density, which you get from uranium, you get it from coal, you get it from oil, and we need to have a twenty four to seven and we need a huge amount of energy if we're going to foster AI centers, if we're going to have data centers, we need much more energy than we've got now.
Speaker 2: And before you go, also on two years, join the likes of Blake Lively, Demi Moore, Serena Williams, former gymnast Simone Biles. They're all on Times one hundred most Influential People list. I didn't realize he'd made the list in he's the only Australian to make the cut, and the magazine claims that's because of his determination to show cutting emissions and profits can go hand in hand. Andrew is the kind of pioneering business leader the world needs today.
Speaker 11: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Can cutting emissions and profit go hand in hand with that taxpayer money? I'm just asking, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Talking about asking for a friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course not.
Speaker 7: He is getting this recognition because he's pushing his high public profile with crazy schemes that have been shown to be an economic like green hydrogen, green steel. Now he's in the wind and basically this is not creating cheap energy for the community. This is attracting taxpayers money from a compliant government and charging people a huge amount for the energy and he would be the beneficiary. So he's been very successful at demonstrating what systems don't work and maybe he should get credit for that.
Speaker 2: Well, he's made the list. I'm sure he'd be invited to lots of ritzy parties with who was on that list, Blake Lively. She's not exactly had a great year, Blake not very Lively either, Professor Implyman, thanks for your time, Thank you still to Karma. Lefties losing it Plus the latest from the US including the democracy denying No King's protests. Army Horowitz has the details. You're watching the Reader Panny Show, and it's time for lefties losing it. Let's start with democrats being democracy denying insurrectionists. Fancy having no King's rallies. You don't have a king. You have a duly elected president who won the election in a landslide against the candidate you undemocratically installed. Remember Kamala and that sham process. We certainly do. And there were plenty of celebrity idiots at these rallies, including the dangerously stupid Mark Ruffalo.
Speaker 3: Lakes of Putin and Nat Yahoo, and King Jung On.
Speaker 6: Of the world.
Speaker 2: Also at the rally worthy likes of Susan Sarandon, Julie Louis Dreyfus, Glenn Close, and the funniest man on the planet, Jimmy Kimmel. Sadly, Eva Longoria couldn't be there, but she recorded this message earlier.
Speaker 12: Every time I try to record a message, I just start crying and then I don't want it to be about me and my emotions about it. But it's just so inhuman.
Speaker 11: Hard to watch.
Speaker 6: It's hard.
Speaker 12: It's hard to witness from afar. I can't imagine what it's like to be in Los Angeles right now. I can't believe it's happening in Austin, Texas. I can't believe it's happening all over the country. The commons and people's reactions to it is really surprising to me because it is Unamerican.
Speaker 2: She's shocked by people's reactions. These people really do exist in a parallel universe. The deportation program, as we discussed at link last week, is enormously popular. Trump campaigned on it, he won on it, he has a mandate, and the a group who have swung most strongly in support of his tough immigration policies are immigrants themselves legal ones. But the question has to be asked, what is it with Democrats and violence? They cannot even hold a dumb democracy denying rally without turning on each other. Let's check what happened in Salt Lake City, Utah. Oh my god, that's a gun. That's a gun.
Speaker 11: Come on, come on, get out, get over here. Yay, come here.
Speaker 2: According to police, a man who was believed to be part of a peacekeeping team for the No King's protest shot at another person at that rally, Toro Gamboa, who was brandishing a rifle for some reason, and this No King's peacekeeping team member managed to strike both the riflemen and an innocent by stander, who tragically later died at hospital. Now Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivy has no time for lawless writers, those incapable of holding a peaceful protest. Here he tells them precisely what will happen if they tried that sort of crap in Florida.
Speaker 13: If you resist loft lorders, you're going to jail. Let me be very clear about that. If you block an intersection or a roadway in Brevard County, you are going to jail. If you flee arrest, you're going to go to jail tired, because we are going to run you down and put you in jail. If you try to mob rule a car in Brevard County gathering around it refusing to let the driver leave in our county, you're most likely going to get run over and dragged across the street. If you spit on us, you're going to the hospital and in jail. If you hit one of us. You're going to the hospital and jail and most likely get bitten by one of our big, beautiful dogs that we have here. If throw a brick, a firebomb, or pointed gun at one of our deputies, we will be notifying your family where to collect your remains at because we will kill you graveyard dead. We're not going to play. This has got to stop.
Speaker 2: Got to love him, But can we really be shocked by the way Democrat supporters are behaving when this is an example of their representatives. Watch the behavior here of Senator Alex Padilla who try to gate crash Homeland Secretary Christi Nomes press conference.
Speaker 6: I'm Senator Alex.
Speaker 8: I have questions for the secretary because the fact of the matter is half a dozen violent criminals that you're rotating on.
Speaker 14: Your agents have added, yes, that's a senator unhinged andndticks there isn't.
Speaker 2: It missed around and he found out.
Speaker 6: Going right behind my back, all right.
Speaker 10: Cool hand lakeclatk leakeclatt.
Speaker 2: Other hand, turnin other end, and the Democrats and their media lapdogs acted like he was the victim. This was a sign of a dictatorship that a senator would be crash tackled. They gave this clown a platform to spew this nonsense. Here is on MSNBC.
Speaker 6: Democrats say that Secretary Nome should resign.
Speaker 1: Is that where you are?
Speaker 8: Look, that's that's maybe not my focus right now, but I do think there's some serious questions. How does the Cabinet secretary not know the center from California when she steps foot into Los Angeles? She came through the Center for Confirmation at one point, And certainly, how does the Secretary of Homeland Security not know how to de escalate a situation? It's because you can't or because they don't want to.
Speaker 2: Even the Base four wasn't safe from these activists. We had this bit of tone deaf activism at Dodger Stadium on the weekend. Here is singer Vanessa Hernandez known as Mezsa No. I've never heard of her either anyway. Here she is being told to sing the national anthem in English, obviously, but instead she sang it, screeched it really in Spanish and then she cried about it.
Speaker 10: We already today.
Speaker 11: Today out of old days. I could not.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry, yeah, I just could not believe when she walked in and told me no, but I just felt like I needed to do it.
Speaker 2: But imy head there hero. I wonder if she's worked out why Mexicans speak Spanish. Couldn't it be because they were conquered, Nezza colonized by Spain. She's singing the language of the colonizers, but she wants you to know she's very proud.
Speaker 15: I'm proud of myself for doing that today because my parents are immigrants and they've been citizens like my whole life at this point. They got documented really early, but.
Speaker 11: I just can't imagine.
Speaker 15: Them being ripped away from me, even at this age, like lit alone, like a little little kid, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: So your parents are legal migrants, and no parent is ripped away from their kid. The kids go back with them to the parents' home country. What we're doing, you asked. We're enforcing the law. That's what's happening in America, you know, like Obama did when he deported a record number of illegal immigrants, more than two and a half million, earning himself the nickname the Deporter in Chief? Have we forgotten about that? And though the protesters claim this is about no kings, it's about due process. What they really want to do is overturn the entire system democracy, capitalism. They want to burn it all down. Here is Army Horowitz undercover in a kafir, and it gets the protest is to say the quite bit out loud.
Speaker 6: Has it more about due process? We're more about overturning the system, returning the system for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it has to overturn.
Speaker 10: The system, overturn American system.
Speaker 6: Do we want to replace it with what?
Speaker 2: I don't do?
Speaker 11: We need the thing that's the thing.
Speaker 13: This might this might turn.
Speaker 14: Into something else.
Speaker 15: Those thirteen how many countries are being.
Speaker 10: Banned from traveling, they might have something as well beyond this too.
Speaker 6: I mean maybe we do we can make the system, yeah, man or Afghanistan, that might work better. Do you condemn the violence? Never do?
Speaker 2: I can damn violence.
Speaker 6: I don't think damn people for finding what they believe is.
Speaker 14: Right in order to get a plenty file.
Speaker 6: Sometimes asking the violence, do you really condemn the violence or do you understand the.
Speaker 8: Sound up against the bully that's sometimes gonna need violence.
Speaker 11: So we need.
Speaker 6: Violence because we're going to continue by the hand.
Speaker 1: Now you think the fund feeds us? Is this just the beginning. Is it just the beginning you can?
Speaker 6: Can you condemn the violence or do you understand it?
Speaker 11: I understand it.
Speaker 16: We need to break sit down before we can read old burn it down.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is filmmaker and jealous army Heroit's army. Were you cherry picking there or was that the majority opinion amongst the processes you spoke to?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So generally the way I work, I let you lift the kimoto a little bit, let you on the process. Look, when I do a video, what you see is the majority view who I speak with. Sure there might be dissenters who think differently, but if they're the If they're not the majority of voice, the video doesn't go out or I make the video to reflect that. So generally my videos with the majority voice. This video RITO is different. This was every single person. In fact, I had it at Dendim and then the video slanning that I spoke with over thirty people over the course of a number of hours, and not a single person deviated from the views you just heard. You know, I also shot another segment I had and put the video, but I also asked them, are we on stolen land or should we give this this land. This land we're talking about it is California, Arizona, New Mexico. Should give it back to Mexico. They all said yes, or they said give it back to the natives. Look, let's be clear about something. These people are not stupid. I know it's an easy tag to put on. People say, Oh, they're just fools, they're useful idiots. No, they know exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: It always got me upset during the Palestine and Prohamas protests when people said, oh, they're just fools, they don't know what they're doing. I'm sorry you take the You were hollowing out the power of their intent by saying that they know exactly what they were doing. Then they were calling for the genocide of the Jewish people, the destruction of the state of Viserl They knew exactly what from the river to the sea meant. They may not have known which river would see as a geography, lessel has nothing to do with the reality of how they felt. Same thing with this, They're not stupid. They know exactly what they're doing. The entire time Rita, there was an undercurrent of violence right The violence broke out night after night in Los Angeles, and you can feel it even the daytime. But if you said the wrong thing or they thought you were the wrong person, they would take you down. I was standing there when somebody said I love America and took out an American flag, and they beat him, just like they beat me in the in the campus at CuNi, right, I took out the American flag. The same thing happened here. It's the same people were in Kafia's there. That's purpose, there's a there's there's an interconnection and the intersectionality between these people and the program mass voters. This is where we're at in this country where they want destruction. The same crowd, Yes, no question about it.
Speaker 2: It's the same crowd. I mean they they are the same anti American, anti Western civilization crowd. Whether it's BLM riots, whether it's pro har Mass, whether it's crazy environmentalists, or in this case there's anti Trump, anti Ice, they're the same crowd. And what's worrying there, as you showed in the video, was that I have no issues with violence. Not only do they tolerate violence, they think it is a sound method to achieve their.
Speaker 6: Goals, absolutely, no question about it. And by the way and they yeah, they and we saw it not that for night, you know in La all the BLM riots. Now I was also the King's protest and No King's protest that in New York, and they didn't. Look you heard you heard everyone whispering and talking and saying. You can hear them say it, Look, no violence, let's not create violence, even though that was where that's where their intention was going. But they put it out there because they know that it's an issue for the narrative if they were violent, and I asked them, people in the No Kings put the same questions. And while it wasn't as it wasn't as across the board as it was in Los Angeles, I would say it's about fifty percent of people I asked, same questions, fifty seven people the No King's protests felt the same way. They defended violence. They said this is stolen land. They said, this is not about due process, about correct destroying the system. So look, there is this is the Wada. This is the left unmasked, straight up, pure and something. It is.
Speaker 2: It is and you only have to wear a kathia and welcome amongst them, and they will sail those quiet bits out lad the things that aren't say on the sound bites, and because I know the violence is counterproductive as far as winning public support. They're not stupid, but they're more than ready to act violently. And let's have a look here at CBS. They've copying some criticism for promoting the rally, promoting it and even promoting merchandise for the rally. Look at this No King's Day merch for sale on Amazon, Timu and other e commercial I mean, have they given up any pretense of being in these news organization army.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not CBS, it's all of them, right, I mean, all of them are simply at this point they're just pushing a narrative. They're just they're just a the polemic. It's polemic. It's not news, it's not reporting. Look, Rita, I was at the protest and I saw in the LA protests, and I saw them asking questions, and in a couple of cases the same people that I spoke with, And they're asking the most anodyne questions possible. Right, they didn't get they didn't cut to the heart of the matter of why you're here. They could have asked same questions I did. It's obvious the night before there was a tremendous amount of violence. They didn't ask them anything about the violence, whether or not you supported them. This is how the media, mainstream media works. They are pushing narratives. They are not trying to report on actual news on what's happening, and frankly reminded me of the of the BLM riots the same thing. I asked the BLM riders the same type of questions about America, the heart of how they believed what they believed in, and then saw CNN and NBC and CBS and ABC asked ridiculously questions that didn't get to the heart of anything. I saw TWEETA. I was at if you remember the burning down of the federal building in Portland, and I remember that all these camera crews, their cameras were down when these BLM rioters were trying to burn the building down, and then the cameras went up when when the federal officers came out and threw out tear gas as if they were doing it unprovoked. This is the business of the media organizations today.
Speaker 2: Reader, Well, that's why trust in the media in the US is at record lowers. I think It's like something in one in ten Republicans as any trust in the mainstream media. I mean, Donald Trump is facing, some would say, an impossible balancing act, living up to the America First agenda, the no Wars agenda, and America's role in the Israel Iran conflict. Clearly, the Trump administration wants to demoralize the Iranian regime and ensure they don't get their hands on nuclear weapons. But how far do they go to make that happen. Here's what Secretary of State Marco Arubio said after Israel took action against Iran. He said, Israel took unilateral action against Iran. We are not involved in strikes against Iran, and our top priority is protecting American forces in the region. Israel advised us that they believe this action was necessary for its self defense. President Trump and the administration have taken all necessary steps to protect our forces and remain in close contact with our regional partners. Let me be clear, Iran should not target US interests or personnel army. This is very difficult for the Trump administration. How can Donald Trump manage the expectations of the no war members of the base, which are not insignificant in number.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's a very difficult situation. And frankly, look, we've talked about it before and it's doubly true now. I think the Iran the Iran straight kind of highlighted the discrepancy and the split in the Republican Party between traditional Republicans and isolations Republicans. And I want to point out one thing first for I continue on down that road, is that when Israel was hit by the by ballistic missile after ballistic by hundreds of blistic missiles that slammed into Israel, killing Israelis, damaging buildings, the the Iran deal, which which is what Trump said he wanted to back out of it, he didn't fact back out of it his first administration, and when Honor, I'm saying we will never go back to that, Well, the one of the reasons why we hated that that that and while why that agreement was was was horrible, was that they allowed Iran to continue to build and to develop ballistic missiles. And now you see the results today as these things are slamming into Israel, killing israelis. I just want to point that out, okay, And why we let why Trump took us out of that deal.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: But going back to the split, No, it's a significant issue. You can see look jd Vance as someone who is who is aligned with the more isolation of his view. He said something really interesting in the Kennedy Center not not not long before the attack on Iran when he said, I'm not convinced that Ron wants to build a nuclear weapon. I mean, what is he talking about. I know Trump didn't believe that. Trump was firmly in the camp of they are trying to get it, and we will stop the no matter what it takes, including allowing us or to do this. He knew Israel went to him and talked to him before the attack. He made that very clear, and Israel made that clear, and he gave him the green light as he understood that the talks with the Iran that he was conducting, we're going nowhere. But when Jenny Van says I don't know if they want it, it reminds me Luida have told the story before. It reminds me of when I met with the with the with the Obama negotiators of the Iran deal and I asked them the same question. And we're talking about Iran and nuclear weapons. They said to me, how do you know they want to build nuclear weapons? We're experts that we don't know. It's alarming to me that he used the same language as them. But look, Trump is firmly in the camp we have to stop Iran, and I'm glad that he did. I think the world is better off for it.
Speaker 2: Frankly, well, what do you say happening next? Are we going to say? These conflicts continue until Iran is tomorilized to a point that any ambitions of having nuclear weapons is is gone for the time being. All Really, if you need to cut off the head of the snake, do you need to have regime change? Because the mulazan't going to stop after this. They're just going to regroup and launch the next campaign.
Speaker 6: Look, regime change is, of course, ultimately what everyone wants, right, remember this. The Iranian people are great. Look I am Iranian, Okay. The Iranian people are pro Western, A lot of them are pro Israel. Frankly, they're very practical. They understand how the world works. The compact between the regime and it's people. The reason why the regime is still around is because they made a deal. They said, look, well, don't get involved in the way we run the country, and we will allow you to have a great life, a material life, business and money. Well, they've failed and they've failed you around people that compact, right, and I think that ultimately that's what is going to push regime change, and that should come eternally. We should not be pushing in ourselves, although we shouldn't be hindering it. Look, if you guys remember there was a point in time where there was a possible revolution brewing in Iran and Obama did not do anything to help the revolutionaries flip the regime. No, we definitely don't want troops on the ground, no question about it. But you want to help the people who are trying to reform that country, and he didn't do it. So yes, look, although we don't know what's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be do no really that one of his great failures. There was army where the Iranian people were putting their lives on the line and America was entirely missing in that episode. To Ami Horowitz, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 6: Where's your pleasure.
Speaker 2: Still to come? Which famous singer took a stand against the anti Trump protest kinzisco Field has the details. Welcome back, joining me now celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey, let's start with the No Kings protests held across the US over the weekend. A number of celebrities were spotted at these protests. We had Mark Ruffalo, Glenn Close, Susan Sarandon, Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah Silverman. It's the usual suspects. I've got to say, no surprise is there.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean President Trump thrives off of this. The irony is that every time a celebrity publicly attacks him, he uses it as ammunition to reinforce his narrative. They hate me because I stand up to the elite. And for his supporters, these protests validate their belief that he's a threat to the establishment. And I mean, that's exactly what they they like about him. Plus, their message isn't reaching New years. Celebrities preaching to their fan base aren't changing minds. They're reinforcing what there art audience already believes. Most Trump supporters aren't watching Jimmy Kimmel and he knows it, so the impact is minimal. If anything, it further entrenches both sides.
Speaker 2: Now, while all that was happening, and with the now Kings protests across the country, there was a singer, Cody Johnson, a very famous country singer, who had this to say to his audience that there was a lot.
Speaker 13: Of protests for one reason or another all across the country.
Speaker 1: People were protesting something. But you know what I have.
Speaker 6: I have a microphone at twenty five thousand Americans.
Speaker 4: So today we are going to protest the protest.
Speaker 2: They're going to protest the protest. The crowd seemed to like that, Kinsey.
Speaker 16: I mean, finally someone with a mic and a message that actually makes sense to us. Cody Johnson saying he was protesting the protest is kind of It's the kind of common sense rebellion. This country music fan it can get behind, and it's refreshing to hear someone stand up for unity over outrage and do it with so much humor.
Speaker 2: Now, let's check in with everyone's favorite couple, the Ginger and the Wingja. They've now lost more staff members, six more staff members. I wonder has this got anything to do with that weird pregnant twerking video that we salve Megan or Harry's ill advised interview with the BBC. What's behind these latest staff departures.
Speaker 16: Surprisingly, the people behind the twerking video are still employed. I am curious to know if the person that helped arrange the BBC interview is still employed because, like you said, that was a wild missfire.
Speaker 11: But you know it's bad when.
Speaker 16: Working for the world's it's very bad when you're working for the world's most famous royal escape artists and it's the one job everyone wants to escape. I think the constant turnover in Harriet Meghan's camp isn't just a pr issue. It's a leadership issue. People don't walk away from jobs they love, they walk away from dysfunction. And like you said, six more employees, that's a significant number.
Speaker 11: That's not a coincidence. We're looking at a.
Speaker 16: Pattern that's culture, and culture comes from the top. You can't build an empire, Megan when you're burning through your architects. No amount of branded coffee or curated Instagram posts can mask the instability behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Now to my favorite Royal kinsey by far my favorite, Well make him king too to morrow if I could. Seven year old Prince Louis left Royal fans in stitches on the weekend by putting on a bit of a display on the Buckingham Palace balcony during the tripping of the color ceremony, prompting his older brother Prince George to try and calm him down. Kinsey seems to have worked out there that every time he waved, the crowd cheered much louder than they were, so he kept waving until the future King stepped in.
Speaker 11: It was so fun.
Speaker 16: I'm right underneath them, That's what I was doing this weekend in London.
Speaker 11: And you're it.
Speaker 16: Blew out my ear drums, everyone yelling for little Louis and absolutely you could tell he just lit up when the crowd went wild and was going for more. But on a serious note, the King has cancer. Every day for him is a courageous fate. The Whales children really breathe something hopeful and exciting into the future of the monarchy, and Prince Louis is precious and carefree and always gives us some to look forward to.
Speaker 11: I'm with you.
Speaker 16: I absolutely love him.
Speaker 2: Now let's turn to the US and one of Diddy's most vocal supporters, Carnie West, showed up at the disgrace music Moguls trial in Manhattan, wearing all white, but Kinsey only hung around for about half an hour.
Speaker 16: What a bizarre PR stunt.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 16: I truly think that he was disappointed when they wouldn't let him in the courtroom. As you can imagine, to get seats inside this courtroom is a nightmare. And so he was put in one of the overflow rooms, but not the most popular overflow room.
Speaker 11: He was put in like an extra.
Speaker 16: Overflow room and almost immediately leaves. To me, it looks just like another one of his bizarre PR stunts.
Speaker 11: And you are who you associate with.
Speaker 16: I want nothing to do with either of these two men.
Speaker 2: Good point there. Now let's talk about Katie Perry and Orlando Bloom. Sources have told People magazine that their relationship is on the rocks. It's been breaking down for months, apparently. And on the weekend Katie was, in fact you're in Melbourne at a club called Puff Duff where she was celebrating Pride Month with her chosen family.
Speaker 10: You guys, I love you. You are my chosen family.
Speaker 9: And because you are.
Speaker 10: My chosen family, her mother must provide for her children. So as a provider I would like to open the bar for one hour.
Speaker 2: She provided for her children. She shouted the whole bar. That would have been an expensive exercise. It's a very big bar. What is the latest on that relationship.
Speaker 16: Yeah, People magazine is not the only one reporting this. I'm also seeing some exclusives in page six as well.
Speaker 17: They say that, you know, the Katie Pale, Katy Perry's professional failures have really created some discomfort for her and some soul searching, and that there's a disintegration happening between these two because she has just had a really hard time processing the album Bombing, the criticism that's come her way about working with doctor Luke, and the criticism that we've seen throughout this tour kind of just like.
Speaker 11: Well, I'll just say the dance moves. I'll just say the dance moves.
Speaker 16: But yeah, they've say that that all of those issues have really resulted in some trouble at home.
Speaker 2: Well, she has been mocked mercilessly in the last twelve months. Most of it is self inflicted, You've got to say. I mean, the choreography for her latest tour is just awful. There's the whole astronaut thing where she was just made the most absurd, hyperbolic statements. She opened herself up to mockery. I mean, what else could you do but mock that? So I don't know why she'd be blaming Orlando for those sort of failures. But yeah, here we are. I've only got ten seconds. Arla Fisher, Sasha Baron Cohen. They've finalized their divorce. Is it amicable?
Speaker 11: It does seem amicable.
Speaker 16: And I'm surprised that he's kept out of trouble, by the way, watch the space, because he was in a lot of trouble this time last year.
Speaker 2: Oh Kinsey Schofield, thank you for your time, and that's all the time I have. Up next, it's news Night, Good night,