Speaker 1: Go get you every morning.
Speaker 2: Every day adelaides over. It's been a hell of a few days for the Stevens family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the young man who hit and killed the police commissioner's son during schooly celebrations in Gula last year has avoided jail. So Darren Randauah, who is nineteen years old, sat silent in the dock of the district court as the judge said. Randauah had fled the scene after striking Charlie, but he'd done it out of panic, shock and disbelief. So he was sentenced to one year, one month and seven days, but that was suspended, so that effectively means he doesn't have to go to prison. He can't drive for ten years though his Charlie's dad. Police Commissioner Grant Stephens had this to say after the sentencing.
Speaker 4: We're grateful that this part of the entire process is over. Each court date that's come up has been difficult, stressful and emotional for our family. We're grateful that Darren chose to plead guilty to this offense because that brought this part of it to a conclusion much more quickly. It's one of those things that we are continuing to learn how to live.
Speaker 5: With There's no way that you could understand what that process would be like unless you actually went through it as a family.
Speaker 3: I'm the takeaway from all of this is there's no winners. I mean, that kid avoided jail, but his life is in tatters. His family's life is in tatters, as is the Stephens family's life. It begs the question hazy school is just coming up very shortly. It's just around the corner in late November, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was having this conversation with the mate the other day, and my kids are still young. So they're six, four and one, So that's where age is away from something like this. But the thought now of sending your kids softer schools, particularly after this particular incident last year, has it changed, And I just sort of wonder, as we get older and older and things develop more and more, what sort of place, if any school is even takes well.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, but the Charlie case still feels really raw, and I think I don't know. I saw paining firsthand at the funeral, the heartbreak, the devastation of his family and friends, what they went through in the wake of his death. And I think that's why I.
Speaker 1: Still feel a little bit sick about.
Speaker 3: School is coming up. And I mean, you and I are good friends with Tom Ran. Tom Wren is very close to the police commissioner, and he told us firsthand of that night and that experience, and that will live with me forever because that is a tale that no parent wants to go through. And you canbine. You combine alcohol and young minds, You combine alcohol on old minds, and stupid things happen, and tragedies can happen, and your only one bad decision away from your whole life turning upside down.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I remember last year just waving off some kids on a bus for ten News and doing some interviews with these kids, and I just wanted to grab these young girls. And I think, because I'm the mum of four girls, wanted to grab all of them collectively and just go be careful, be careful, and make sure you make good decisions. But I think if you add alcohol in it, that takes a way way that ability to do so, especially with these young, fragile minds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not the fun place we need to we need to just stamp that down straight away.
Speaker 2: And it's not a oh my.
Speaker 3: God, and I'm not lecturing anyone, call them the absolute last person to do that. But it's scary. It's scary to see what potentially might happen.
Speaker 5: So it comes from a place and it's funny like back in the day, and I remember my mum and dad saying, you've got to be so careful. I went to the Gold Coast. That's a week's worth of partying. Two by the way, it's not a weekend, it's seven days and it's full on. I look back now and think, Jesuits, we're quite lucky that all of us, our group got through completely unscathed. It comes from a place now with a parent where you just don't want to put yourself a kid in a spot where it's it feels like it's.
Speaker 2: Just an opportunity for something to go wrong.
Speaker 5: That's what school feels like to me now, because hopefully everything goes right and there's absolutely nothing bad that happens at all, but it's just such a mixture of opportunities for things to go pershepe.
Speaker 3: Wrong, I know, and I think the reason why the Stevens case affected every single South Australian is because he acted like a parent to all of us in the pandemic and we look to him for guidance and then all of a sudden something like this happens to him and you think, oh my god, that's the worst thing you can go through as a parent. What if that happens to me? So I think I think we need to rethink schoolies.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 3: I know it's a regulated environment and the Green team do wonderful things to try and keep kids as safe as possible, and there is the argument they'll go off and do it themselves somewhere else that's not regulated and there's no one watching. But I don't know a wee condoning a situation where ego kids knock yourselves out, And I don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 5: So that's we're on the same page with this. Those are our thoughts. What are yours? Thirteen twenty four ten is there's still a place for schoolies? Are we overreacting? Are we underreacting through all of this? Should there be more measures in place? Should be shorter, should be more condensed? I'm not really sure, but clearly after last year as well. There's more and more question marks raised about just how much knee there is for school.
Speaker 3: Now you're a parent who's about to give your kids a hug and a kiss and go off you go for a week kids, Good luck, dead of good morning?
Speaker 6: I hate going good Oh.
Speaker 1: You've got some kids that went through it the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had three kids go through in the last two years. And I remember the first year going to pick my son up and I went through the wrong caravan park initially, and then I've come through the second caravan park where he actually was. It was horrific to see the amount of damage that there was, like piles of rubbish. Like the beautiful volunteers who are incredible, by the way, Yes, so they go through and clean all this stuff up, but the kids trash literally anything that can be smashed or moved. It was horrific, and a lot of them. And the first caravan park was all private schools, so I was blown away. The second caravan park was pluck public schools, not as bad, but I just couldn't believe the amount of damage that was done. But the other thing is, don't forget about the alcohol. That's nothing. The drug situation is beyond belief. I was mind blown by that easy access for any drug you wanted. My kids will kill me for saying this, hopefully they're not listening. But I just think the kids should go off and just organize their own little end of year party and have a great time, but bringing different schools together as well that may have a bit of beef going on with each other. You know, throughout the sporting years that they've had, there's always that bit of rivalry between different schools that really comes to fruition as well at schoolies. So yeah, I just I drew outed it, to be honest, and then when I went through it for the second year or nah.
Speaker 1: Even harder because you know what's coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's the situations well with the drugs. The drugs is when I went through, which is what two thousand and three, yep, I can tell you right now, it was just purely and plainly alcohol.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that's a good.
Speaker 5: Thing, but I think drugs really maybe four or five years after I get that, we started to think and know that drugs were a thing. And now to hear that youngsters, it's such an incredibly open and situations of life to beg answer that I didn't even get it into my head that drugs could be an option.
Speaker 1: Oh say, well, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I mean I was a little bit earlier than you, as you document, you know, with alarming regularity on this show.
Speaker 1: But drugs want to thing. I just definitely want to think. So that's a bit scary to hear that.
Speaker 3: Claire, good morning, Hi Trody, And how all your son's.
Speaker 1: Going through this year? He is, how do you feel like that?
Speaker 7: I'm terrified about it.
Speaker 8: I mean, he thinks that I'm a big fat drama queen, but I just I just aware of what kind of stuff that they that these kids do, And you know, I know that he's a good kid. I know that his mate's a good kid. But I know I also know that they do trash, like the last lady that was on, you know, they trash everything. And I think it should be a law that none of these kids are allowed to have their vehicles down there. They should all be dropped. No one should have a car because it's like temptation to get in the car. Yeah, and yeah, it's I mean, you can't you just can't be naive and think that they don't get up to stupid stuff because they're seventeen and eighteen years old. You know, that's when.
Speaker 7: Stupid stuff is at its absolute, you.
Speaker 1: Know, worse.
Speaker 7: And yeah, it's it's quite scary because you know, because of what last year with Charlie and that's just it's horrible.
Speaker 5: That's a very good solution to by the way, Claire, Yeah, to not have a car down there, because you're right, it's just an extra element for kids to potentially get themselves in trouble. Thank you so much for the for your call. And what we will say as well is that your other son, Gussie, who is just a magnificent young man and we have quite a lot to do with Gussie, please say hello to.
Speaker 2: Him for us.
Speaker 8: Thank you, I will, I will, thank you, beautiful people.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Hey.
Speaker 3: Just around this out, I'm sitting standing here thinking my oldest who went through school is a couple of years ago. I think back now, I had not too much communication with her during the week, and it wasn't till six months twelve months afterwards that she started to confess a few of the things that happened, and she's they weren't pretty Yeah, and if I think if I had known at the time, I probably would have driven down a big drop and said come home with me.
Speaker 2: And she probably knows that you were going to do it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why she wouldn't tell me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 5: Calls coming through on thirteen, twenty fourteen. We're talking about school is and if indeed there is still a place for it, and if so, I've brought are some alternatives or maybe some ways to manage the situation from being just to be a little bit less dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I guess this is quite topical at the moment because we had a verdict in the Charlie Stevens case, which was the ultimate tragedy that happened last year, and not just two young men the lives were horrendously affected, but their families as well. And we have to ask the question as adults, are we doing the right things by our kids by sending them off to an environment where you go, Okay, we know that there's going to be alcohol potentially drugs involved, but good luck, you know, and they have a beautiful team down there Court in County Youth who look after them as best as they can. But can you guarantee in this situation that everyone's going to be safe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: On top of that, they're doing their best.
Speaker 5: I think the other thing which is very alarming, particularly with the introduction to alcohol maybe for the first time, which should be for a lot of these kids for the first time, because they're just turning eighteen, and kids a trick hard spirits and things like that. And we know that different people react differently to different types of alcohol and that can in cite rage and all sorts of things, well.
Speaker 3: Especially in young men. I guess we see it in older men as well. There are certain types of spirits that you can drink that just make you angry.
Speaker 5: I think for people who you know recreationally drink responsibly, you you work out which drinks you should not mix with because they don't agree with that.
Speaker 3: That's a process that happens in adult minds over years and years and years und percent.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be happening.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't be experimenting or finding out which alcohols you can and cannot consume whilst being down at schoolies.
Speaker 2: Why does a recipe for disaster on Rebecca?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hello, You've got a solution potentially.
Speaker 9: Well, just a thought I didn't go to schoolies. I was working, but I did have friends that were at schoolies and like the other ladies totally trash, like there was mattresses over balconies and all sorts of things. But what if there was a salon of like a more controlled environment, so like maybe Wayville showgrounds or something. You can have a camping like package where you've been camp there, or you can go home like you know, because it's not less necessarily so far south, but I mean like just an elaboration on like the big day out or something like that. Yeah, back in the day, you know, so you could still have all bands or whatever playing. You could still have like you know, not to be a fun police, but they could still have like bars so that those that are legally eighteen or whatever. But it's a much more controlled environment so you can't go and get in a car and you know, drink drive or whatever. But yeah, yeah, yeah, sort of controlled.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I like that it's like a big you know, two music.
Speaker 9: Festival, yeah yeah, or something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also beg, you make a really good point. You're not far from mum and dad. Things go shape, then you're not an hour south of the city. Yeah, thank you so much for you cool. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: That's a really good solution, and thank you to everybody called up. Yeah, because it's ongoing, we'll see what happens. But like we said, the volunteers and everyone that works down there do an incredible job. Yeah, but there's only so much that they can do because it's the numbers thing as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of kids down there. But yeah, thank you for everyone's contribution.
Speaker 5: It is that time of the year, Jode's the year twelve. Are starting to wind down and we're getting ready for the last days of school. What comes with that Most schools is muck, updated, unreactive.
Speaker 2: But what it's time of your life.
Speaker 5: This is the best time I've ever I love you guys, and we'll always stay in touch, that's what you're saying. You're twelve, will and you never stay in touch friends, And you get around in a big group huddle and you're like, wow, guys, we'll be best friends forever. And then like within six months you've got new friends. Yeah, and you don't even remember what school you entered.
Speaker 1: New high school friends.
Speaker 3: Well, it was good friends outsidehigh school. Because sometimes you graduate from primary school, you're like and then next minute you're into term two of high school and you're like, who yeah, Jenny, who yeah?
Speaker 5: And then you find out that person down the road he went to school, he went to jail, and you're like, what, that's crazy. One hundred Aussie school girls dressed up as Ronald McDonald's. They flocked their local McDonald's in an epic muck Up Day prank that's gone viral world world. These girls were from a school in Glenarre, said Victoria. They sang, they danced their iconic clown costumes to celebrate the end of their schooling careers. And I've got to say, well done, young ladies, because that is a muck up Day prank going in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Crazy, really crazy. I remember with my school and muck up Day was a big thing.
Speaker 1: The same pleas you went to boarding school.
Speaker 2: And I went to a boarding school.
Speaker 5: And just a few of the things that happened across the years Coloring Eye and the pool turned the pool pink oh completely destroyed the filtering system cost fifty thousand dollars. That didn't go down too well. Another thing they us to do is helves and I must have been in year eight we united at this stage. The Year Twelves went around that night before it and stole all the shoes shoes from all the kids in the boarding houses and put them on the main oval. So thousands of shoes from the main over next day and all these poor little kids trying to find matching and they were completely all over the place. And I reckon it rained that night as well. No, absolutely shocking. And my favorite was a bloke whose the teacher was. His name was mister Chandler, and he was the biggest dickhead that I've ever met for my life, and trust me, I've met some pretty ordinary people. His nickname was Prawn. So what the Year Twelves did, maybe two years above me, was get some roundup and a big giant grasp it on the side of the oval, right Prawn, And that stayed there for months until they could get it out.
Speaker 2: So sucked in, mister Chandler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's some fairly intensive dedication to pranks at your school.
Speaker 2: You deserve it.
Speaker 1: Was anyone learning anything at this I think so.
Speaker 5: And I think what's even more concerning is six months into year twelve, when you should be really knuckling down. I think a lot of the boys were starting to talk about and think about my back day.
Speaker 2: So that was top.
Speaker 3: Priority, not really thinking about exams or their future or you know, the most important time of my schooling career.
Speaker 5: Anyway, that's what we used to do on the mainland. What about down in tasy Go Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well so when I down there, we do things a little bit differently. So when you finish year ten, you're done. So then you go off to like a different college and you do year eleven and twelve? What yeah, graduating year ten so.
Speaker 2: You're eleven and twelve is a different whole different system. Yes, oh you got suck. Why are you sure that's like that? Now?
Speaker 1: I lived it.
Speaker 3: It was my high school, so yes, that's what happened when I went. I don't know if it's changed now potentially, but it's almost like you went off to like a tech college.
Speaker 1: It was like a different vibe.
Speaker 2: Early start on tafe. What do you mean tech college?
Speaker 1: It's just a different Okay, life skills? Why is this producer fly? Why is this so hard? You go to a different place for year eleven and last flag?
Speaker 10: He wasn't, No, I don't understand why you go to another school to do you're eleven and twelve.
Speaker 3: You finished in year ten, you graduated, and then you went off to another college to do year eleven and twelve.
Speaker 2: Well that's interesting in itself.
Speaker 5: Well, once you completed twelve, what sort of a crazy pranks this was?
Speaker 3: Then Mum decided that the mainland was the place to us and we were relocated to the Gold Coast for year eleven and twelve, where I found some normality in my life.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So after.
Speaker 3: Year ten, on our last day, we obviously we went. I went to a school called Ogilvy, but it was an all girls school, so everyone called it Moulgilv.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, that's good.
Speaker 3: So then we did what everyone did, and we've got the texters out and everyone signed to your school uniform, which was brown and so very ugly, and we all caught the bus into the city where there was a park and a fountain, and because it was quite hot, we all ran through the fountain in a uniform.
Speaker 5: What are you serious? Oh, my very goodness. So this is an over nine on nine. We're just trying to have a little bit of fun on a Wednesday morning, and you take it to such a level where perhaps the police need.
Speaker 2: To get involved. What was going on down there.
Speaker 3: I think we got told off by people walking through, If that helps.
Speaker 2: No, Onedy had to flee to the mainland. Father, he's on the money.
Speaker 5: It's six nothing not it's fun because it's a chance for us to really be ourselves.
Speaker 2: Just get into here.
Speaker 5: No, that's all the time. But if we are going to go in this path, we've got to do it now before we straighten up up to seven hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's certain things that I guess are discussed off air that we don't normally discuss on there.
Speaker 1: But at six forty, all bets are off.
Speaker 5: Let's go, and all of a sudden we're like, you know, maybe we could do it on it. This is the spot naughty at six forty.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Drew Barrymore has confessed to the several public places that she's had six but says she's thankful her world care free days are behind her. She spoke on her show that Drew Barrymore show, great show.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you don't missed an episode.
Speaker 3: I mean you're constantly saying to me, I need to leave work, so I can get home and sit on the couch and watch the Drew Barry mooresher.
Speaker 2: Remember what she done? She got done for invading people's personal space.
Speaker 5: Show it's like other people's mouths, basically, so how are you?
Speaker 2: She's like touching noses? Get out of it.
Speaker 3: Literally, this is a whole other topic. There's someone at the gym that does that to me. It's like just a close and touchy and I'm like, will, that's.
Speaker 5: Drew Barrymore, isn't it If it's not getting your face, it's having sex and public places. She said this on an episode with Terry Crews. He's a bloke with the giant pecks makes me dance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, chicks, Oh yes, a great actor.
Speaker 5: Have you ever done the deed in a public place?
Speaker 6: So gone?
Speaker 5: And if somewhere several bathroom's, airplan.
Speaker 2: Backs of clothes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had a good time when I was young.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's such a wholesome character on set. Should we go around the rooms?
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 2: Sex and public places?
Speaker 5: We've got one as well since text though for Double my nine, let's go straight to producer flak ap producer muff, good morning, good morning, Here we go.
Speaker 1: That's an abbreviation.
Speaker 2: Came my dressing room. Oh, we were younger. I was stupid, but you know, you can't go past the great bargains. And I love Ancho gear so key to this man's heart.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't love an eight dollar Ancho pair of bike shorts.
Speaker 2: On exactly saw that coming.
Speaker 1: We wereing eight dollar Ancho bike shorts at the time.
Speaker 2: No, but she was is that bad?
Speaker 10: Because I told that to produce a zoe and she looked at me with complete nutted to stay.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think now that therese cameras everywhere, it's a bit more rusque.
Speaker 5: Yes, and cameras directly in the change room. I should be able to get away with it.
Speaker 2: That's true. You just can't trust in these days. What about you?
Speaker 1: I just once just occurred to me when we were just talking about it.
Speaker 3: So I was trying to go back into the you know, but no, there's probably about two weeks ago. I had a little nice weekend away with my husband and I don't know if I should say with well, haven't I what time is it?
Speaker 5: It's six forty ish, okay, it's four seven okay, it was in a spa.
Speaker 3: Oh my out of the public spa like it. No, no, not a public spa, but in front of everyone. It was in the spa at the back of the place that we were staying. They had an outdoor.
Speaker 1: Spa, so why not Wow?
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was unusual for us because it wasn't a Christmas, it wasn't a birthday, it wasn't an anniversary.
Speaker 1: But it was a spa. I thought, oh, good, bubbles, nice.
Speaker 5: That's excellent. What are you I'm I'm no, not really ever, what do you know? My biggest fear is that I would do something like this in the public place and then someone comes around the corner and they're like, I just watched all that. You're not very good at that home that didn't go for as long as you plan and did it just like you're dancing, You're not very rhythmic?
Speaker 2: Are you like? I'm bad at this? No one else needs to know.
Speaker 1: I have to say.
Speaker 3: After the great Naughty Spa event of two weeks ago, the next morning I went out and checked if they were keptras.
Speaker 2: Ye, trust me, so did your husband group.
Speaker 5: Just a real solid, fierce aggressive debate yesterday inside the one nine Studios, and it was always it always tends to go down this path.
Speaker 2: Gosh, we're a fashionable bunch, aren't we?
Speaker 1: Aren't we?
Speaker 3: And so when a debate over fashion rages, wow, does it get willing, doesn't it? And this particular debates arounded skinny jeans, Yes, whether a man, thirty eight year old man should be wearing skinny jeans?
Speaker 2: Thank you Jones, I appreciate that on thirty nine. Okay, thank you for shaving a year off.
Speaker 12: You know what doesn't take a year off your life?
Speaker 2: Skinny jeans. I beg you black too, By the way, I go for the black ones.
Speaker 1: Skinny jeans v. Baggy jeans. The debate raged on.
Speaker 5: And sometimes we just sort of wonder why you can't meet in the middle. Mine or two tight producers always are way too baggy, Like sometimes she gets caught indoors on the way through. Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when she got stuck in the elevator because half of the jeans went down the elevator and they had to get those professionals in to get her out.
Speaker 12: Hyperbolo this morning. You don't have to wear baggy jeans, just a straight leg at least.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh my gosh, this sounds like you've got too much jean poisoned. That's what's happening here. Toxic jeans, toxic jeans syndrome, that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, this is what went down yesterday on the show.
Speaker 5: This was fun because we also some calls and some of those fashion trends that you just can't let go of. I'm not saying that's me, yes, but maybe it is.
Speaker 12: I think it's actually universal right now. Heavy that the skinny jean is out. You don't have to wear baggy jeans, just straight leg, ditch the skinny.
Speaker 2: I'm over it.
Speaker 5: Gosh, people need to see the definition of my calves so long.
Speaker 11: We do not want to get rid of our emo gods aage.
Speaker 13: Yeah, carget pads are life if cast to the greatest adventure ever, I go.
Speaker 9: I cannot let go of high waisted pants.
Speaker 13: The young kids like to do the low wasted.
Speaker 9: Now they're bringing back that like nineties pan situation.
Speaker 8: I just can't do it.
Speaker 11: I absolutely lived in my stocks in bed or.
Speaker 2: Please tell me we're talking Birknstocks.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 5: Birkenstocks with socks is where fashion and comfort beautifully come together. On mate, we go I think what we can estabage from that is you're as beautiful as you feel if you feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: That's very, very true.
Speaker 3: We pulled up a pole on Instagram produces Zoe Yeah, so what did the pole actually say?
Speaker 12: Camera guy Josh took the photo. He might be a youngster, but he actually agrees with you guys that skinny jeans are okay.
Speaker 1: So he's fired, but he I don't think you have that power.
Speaker 14: I don't.
Speaker 12: He put up a photo of my jeans and he said, produces always baggy jeans, looking fresh or clown pants.
Speaker 2: The results are in, Oh you here you go, Here you go, Here we go.
Speaker 12: I'm looking fresh. Eighty eight percent of people said that I love a fresh twelve percent said clown pants. Two of the votes for clown pants were from Greg Gottie thanks to your husband and producer muff so muff Oh did you he's wearing skinny jeans right now? But anyway, the people have.
Speaker 3: Spoken, okay, didn't Someone called It's Brittany Beach Instagram hand or voted and she said, clamp you look, and that's coming from Brittany own pants that we can trust our little gen z to be accurate with her stupid little social media pole.
Speaker 1: So I feel like.
Speaker 2: We should like this aggressive.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should.
Speaker 3: Get an expert in, a definitive fashionista to tell us if skinny.
Speaker 12: Jeans or bagg of jeans please, I welcome it, Please get them.
Speaker 5: All right, come on, I'm how much of an expert we're talking because I'll take nothing less than an absolute fashion icon.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I'm going to deliver.
Speaker 5: For you, okay, So we're going to speak to a fashion icon next, yes, okay, to get a definitive answer as to whether or not skinny leg jeans are completely done.
Speaker 1: Let's do it all.
Speaker 3: There's only one way to set all this fews debate that's going on at the moment between you and producers, Zoe. It's the skinny leg jean, be the straight leg jean or the loose fitting jean.
Speaker 2: Jump in the boxing ring. Yeah no, let's outside.
Speaker 1: It is not that.
Speaker 3: It is to speak to an absolute Adelaide slash Melbourne fashion icon.
Speaker 1: And his name is Chris Contos. Good morning.
Speaker 3: So there's this issue where Producers is arguing that skinny leg jeans are out, whereas Hazes arguing that her baggy jeans are ridiculous.
Speaker 13: You're talking about wearing a skinny jean at what age?
Speaker 5: Look to me, Chris, age has always been just the number, all right, So if you had to be very specific, I'd say thirty.
Speaker 13: Jean should be bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very right, should be. Where's the stuffing sound you speak?
Speaker 13: Let's listen. I'm a forty three year old trying to survive in this world and trying to be cool and young. And let me sorry you skinny jean on the older man is traulla.
Speaker 12: Trauma the only way to explain a trauma, and I'm looking at men wearing skinny jeans.
Speaker 5: Well, then Chris, take us through this. Jody's married, I'm married. Producer Flak is happily engaged. The only single person here is one that's really really rooting hard the straight league slash baggy parts.
Speaker 13: I'm to be a little bit like chic and cool, like little loose on the lenk, like it can't be in and like soy, like it's just done, like it's not happening, but nineties. That's the part of the Namies that no one wants to remember and bring it back, so it's done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so you are the fashion icon. So for producers, are which brand are we talking? Is it data or is it FOB.
Speaker 11: Like that?
Speaker 13: Like that's eighties R and B Like we're going back through fart Now.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question on all those women out there who might be listening, who are perhaps ticked over forty not me ofs, but what sort of gene should we be wearing?
Speaker 13: God, wear what you want, but also just understand what your body show is. So like, go into like a jean like kids like LEVI like somewhere that's got a really great team that will learn and know that how to fit downem. I totally get why there would be this discussion because there's really no education about dinner at the moment. So go in, be cool and try what you like on, but just make sure it just looks good on you. And you know, I hate when men wear like Havana songs and thin Skuinea jeans.
Speaker 1: Like that's Chris and Andrew.
Speaker 13: In the studio.
Speaker 5: I know, Oh my gosh, we're talking about autrageous fashion. For weir you sit on dinner underwear then Chris underwear?
Speaker 13: My god, where are you? I don't realize it? You know, those kind of gay clubs in Adelaide, but anyway our.
Speaker 2: Paths might strangely make.
Speaker 3: The one more final question before you go, where do you sit on Birkenstocks and socks and or crocks.
Speaker 13: I like birkstocks and STF because I feel like it's sect when a guy went hot, and I actually think there's something in a crop, because if you've got the special guts to wear, I was got the balls, but I realized what I was saying to them out in public. I feel like, if you've got that gusto, it's pretty sexy.
Speaker 5: Okay, then so look, there's there's some pros and cons. I need to make a decision now Chris and I have to get rid of skinny lake jeans, but I'll continue to champion the Birkenstocks and socks.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 13: You had to think about it for two seconds.
Speaker 3: Then I think the whole thing is you do you boo and if you.
Speaker 13: Feel confident, but just don't never wear a skinny j in front of me.
Speaker 12: Thank you you were it.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course it was sentencing day for after the death of their son Charlie, who of course was hit by a car. Schooly celebrations we used that word very loosely last year and we learned that Darren randaua who is a nineteen year old who struck Charlie, avoided jail. So he was sentenced to I think a year and a month and seven days, and that was suspended by the judge given his clear history. I think the problem that we had with Darren is that he took off after the incident and didn't stop and render assistance.
Speaker 1: So that was where he found himself in a world of hurt.
Speaker 3: But Charlie's dad, Grant Stevens, who of course is the police commissioner, fronted the cameras which was very brave outside of court yesterday after the sentencing, and I think he was just thankful that it was all over.
Speaker 4: We're grateful that this part of the entire process is over. Each court date that's come up has been difficult, stressful and emotional for our family. We're grateful that Darren chose to plead guilty to this offense because that brought this part of it to a conclusion much more quickly. It's one of those things that we are continuing to learn how to live with.
Speaker 5: Just a horrific situation for the Stevens family, and probably one of those situations that no one's going to be able to explain what it's like and they should actually go through it. So their thoughts with the Stevens family. It's obviously ongoing. But also, and we'll talk about this alfter eight o'clock, the ongoing debate in terms of the.
Speaker 2: Role that school is plays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I rules it's just sort of seems like it's getting it's a bit it's iffy territory now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think when you have a situation like Charlie, there need to be learnings out of it. And have we learned anything if we're just going to set up the same situation again where this tragedy happened last year. So we're going to have that chat after eight o'clock. And oh my goodness, I'd love to hear from parents. I'd love to hear from kids who are about to go to school is year twelve students. I would love to hear all of your thoughts on this front, because I feel very mixed about it. And I know you as a parent, do you know this is not something you have to deal with now, but you will down the track.
Speaker 5: All right, We'll do that after eight o'clock. Let's now pivot in a much different direction. I saw the headline just before on Sunrise. David Warner set for return against India.
Speaker 2: Goodness, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: David Warner's back, and just a little bit more research would suggest that he's made himself available.
Speaker 3: So he's basically put his hand up like a winger tack outside the circle and netball and said if you.
Speaker 5: Need here, if you need guys, open open here if you need. So there's basically this big open audition for the other opening spot with us mc Kawhaja So, Matt Ranshaw, Camp Bancraft, Marcus Harris and young fellow Sam Constance.
Speaker 2: They're not lighting the world on fire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think Dave said, hey, guys, if you want the old dog back, you know my number, and so much so that he sent a text apparently to George Bailey and also AREW McDonald the coach, and Angrew McDonald wrote back, just two words, you retired.
Speaker 1: Oh got that.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if we're going to see Dave Warner back in action in the Green and Gold again, but he has literally done the netball analogy here, you guys.
Speaker 3: It's smacks, does it not of a man who has not been on the home front and done the domestic duties for a very long time.
Speaker 1: I think he's got three kids, he's retired, he's sick around the house, and he's gone.
Speaker 5: This is ridiculous, soul, My gosh, I'd rather spend fifty hours a week just chasing a red ball.
Speaker 2: That's much easier, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, not just that, I mean the lifestyle of the international cricketer is such that you sit in the hotel room, you please yourself, really and all your meals are brought to you, your bed's made.
Speaker 1: For you, your room's cleaned up, everything itinery.
Speaker 3: Schedule for you, everything's done for you. And then Davy gets home and he goes, what.
Speaker 5: Buggy this, Candice, I'm going to back play for Australia. That's ridiculous. I've said this to so many people. If I get up at four o'clock in the morning and then I work here and then I go to seven, I get home after seven o'clock, it's a fifteen hour day.
Speaker 2: That is so much easier. They've taking care of three.
Speaker 3: Kids, one one hundred percent, and David has learned that lesson.
Speaker 5: And sometimes I come home and car is standing there and she looks like a corpse. She looks like a corpse that's been through several different lifetimes, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, what's your problem. I'm never like, what the fork?
Speaker 3: The fork is my obsession with my smart watch. So, for the uninitiated, if you haven't heard this before, what the fork is just you know, it grew out of the fact that there are no forks in any kitchen, in any workplace ever. Yeah, and so then it's just sort of extended on from that to all those situations during the day where you go, what the fork is that about?
Speaker 2: Who's making these decisions?
Speaker 5: And why do we find ourselves in such crazy circumstances?
Speaker 2: What the absolute fork?
Speaker 1: So to give you an example of what has become a.
Speaker 3: Terrific obsession with not only calories, but time steps, the whole.
Speaker 1: Heart rate, all of it.
Speaker 3: So I can't end of workout now until I like tick over to say two hundred or three hundred calories, as the case may be, or I can't stop until I've done like thirty minutes or forty minutes and I have it can't be thirty five, Oh god, no, don't look at me like that.
Speaker 1: It cannot be thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: You would dare to be thirty or forty.
Speaker 3: Or my steps have to get ten thousand a day, so much so that if I go to the gym now and I haven't hit what I deem to be.
Speaker 1: My personal goals, I'll walk.
Speaker 3: Down to my car and then I'll walk around the car park a few times until I hit my steps.
Speaker 2: Do you know I feel this because I see a lot of people who post the wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, we're on the same page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were absolutely on the same page. But people post their strata results and it's like nineteen point eight kilometers.
Speaker 2: Do you see that?
Speaker 5: When are you like rounded up it's twenty point six? You're like randed down, finishaid twenty. I just I don't understand it, because you're like, what am I gonna say? What are we gonna say to someone? Oh, I went from this morning, you run nineteen point eight kilometers. You need to be able to say I run twenty.
Speaker 1: Commit This is my husband.
Speaker 2: He'll go he does that.
Speaker 3: He does that because freak, we do this this thing platform which is like a running thing, and he'll be like, oh I did four point eight kilometers in twenty minutes. I'll be like two hundred more meters grass, two hundred or four point ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I'm like, don't are you doing?
Speaker 14: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you a monster?
Speaker 2: It's just a big, beautiful idiot.
Speaker 1: It's thirty more meters, for God's sake, I know, how do you live?
Speaker 2: Thirty twenty four to ten? For what the fork? Your obsessive little quirks? Yes, what are you doing? Those little things?
Speaker 5: It's almost like a scratch that needs to be you know, I needs that needs to be scratched. Rather so for example, I've got one and each and every year, like it's what a funny little quirk that I've got?
Speaker 2: I have to get blind at Christmas times?
Speaker 3: Use drink responsibly, though, of course we will say that, of course, yes, yes, yes, yes, thirteen twenty four ten, getting fault this morning, everyone who makes it onto airs on the standby list for coldplay in Sydney, fights, accommodation all taken care of.
Speaker 1: We want to I just want to know that I'm not crazy.
Speaker 2: No, No, for a start, I think I think there's other people out there. You reckon, I reckon. Help Jody out because she's feeling a little bit isolated.
Speaker 1: They definitely don't have to be fitness related.
Speaker 3: It can be anything, just those little ticks that you have, like those things that you just can't cope with in everyday life.
Speaker 5: Thirteen and twenty four ten. Let's play what the four obsessive quirks? Tell us yours will take your course next thirday and twenty four teen.
Speaker 3: I'm going to need a list of name and numbers of those people on Strava who did nineteen point eight kilometers please now.
Speaker 2: So you can give them a bit of feedback. Yes, very good. Quite what the pork.
Speaker 5: Let's celebrate those obsessive little quirks give us call thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, they're those little things that you do that you're like, oh.
Speaker 15: What the fork?
Speaker 1: Is that normal?
Speaker 3: So, for example, if I go to the gym and I don't hit my fitness gouffles, I'll just walk around the car park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because you've got to take it over.
Speaker 1: So I'll be like this walking around looking at my watch and we have ten thousand steps.
Speaker 2: Yes see, I enjoy as well.
Speaker 5: Sometimes my wife Kara does this as well because she on her watch and same thing, and I'll be like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: You'd be like, can I just don't start jumps four calories away from hitting my goal today?
Speaker 1: And if you don't.
Speaker 3: If I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times.
Speaker 1: If you don't close your rings there, what are you doing? And what are you doing with your life?
Speaker 5: I feel like if you didn't close your rings, you'd be sitting there a bed and you'd hear your watch be like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Your second crap? Get up there and closure rings?
Speaker 1: What about when you watch this, Oh, it's time to stand up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And you're like, oh, is that right? And then you're like, okay, you stand up.
Speaker 1: That's cool mate.
Speaker 3: But my my news goes to er at five o'clock and I'm written a story, so I'm not standing up right now. I'm finishing it for goodness sake. You feel like giving Apple a bit of feedback.
Speaker 2: It's funny that because then you write your story while standing up.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, sat, Let's go to is it Elsa?
Speaker 14: What's Lisa?
Speaker 1: Lisa? My apologies from North Fries and checking. That's okay, Lisa, wats your little quirk?
Speaker 11: I've got too?
Speaker 14: Joe One's very similar to you if if I go for a run on the treadmill and you've got the time, you've got the calories, and you've got the distance. Mate, if I can't do everything aligning like three hundred calories and thirty minutes and like five k's, yes, I don't know which one that I've got to pick and my other one is the same with Petra in the car, like I've got to get it right on fifty. Yeah, and then if the leaders are similar to and you've got to battle between one, you're going to stick right on it goes a few cents over.
Speaker 7: I'mlike, like devastated.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. That is absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 5: Do you know in particularly the treadmill, what I've worked out in my treadmill at my gym is that two k's is a round about one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: So it sort of adds up to hang on two cases, and.
Speaker 5: I think it probably veries treadmill to treadmill, to be honest, but it's sort of And then you've got to make the decision where obviously you're going to round it up to the kilometers and even say if you were doing I don't know, four kilometers, which is worth three hundred. You're going to take sort of three hundred and five, but make sure that it gets the four kilometers even though it doesn't exactly match up. We're freaksf confessed freak.
Speaker 3: It would be like picking a favorite child too, if you had to pick between time, my baby.
Speaker 2: We're going down a much more aggressive butt.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for the course. Are you feeling better about a little bit?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: You had to quit your watch, didn't you? Two upsets and.
Speaker 5: Also blugg and I got water in it. But I was getting down to the stage where it was just it was taking out of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, obsessive quirks, quite the fort What the fork? My brain running get sixty percent capacity?
Speaker 1: What the fork?
Speaker 3: Bes are your little quirks that you've got this morning? And producer Fla just made mention of something you and I have a bit of a quirk. We have the same breakfast post show each and every day, which is you have two.
Speaker 1: Slices of toasts. I have one. We have baked beans and microwave eggs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like a dog with my breakfast, so I will love and get excited for the same breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yea from my entire life, And at first when we first started working together, I was like, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Man who does eggs in the microwave and who eats baked.
Speaker 2: Beans now calling me a trailblazer? Yes, I love that. Thanks Jose, Sorry to cut you off there.
Speaker 3: Well, let's run with that show. We let's go to Maya from Hawthorne. Good morning Mia, Hello, Hydrodian Hazy, Hello.
Speaker 1: What's your quirk club?
Speaker 11: Okay, So if I'm watching TV or listening to the radio and if the volumes on an odd number, I will not I cannot listen to it. It needs to be on an even number. But if it can't be on like thirty four or thirty six, it has to be on like thirty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, she's trying. It's got to be even unless it's thirty five.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 11: Thirty five for me is like it's I know it's not even, but it's like sort of even in a way.
Speaker 2: What do you feel like would happen if it wasn't on the particular number?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I know nothing would happen, but I just kind of like get the heavy GB's like, yeah, I just can't listen.
Speaker 1: Underrated expression of the heavy gv's isn't it Yeah?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 3: Also also mea, it feels like it has nothing to do with the actual volume of the TV.
Speaker 1: It's just the numbers, right, Yeah.
Speaker 11: I feel like it might be like a minor undiagnosed OCD thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you just wonder if it was sort of sitting on thirty three and you weren't looking at it, you'd be like, hang, what's going on there?
Speaker 2: That's too often, that's too off.
Speaker 14: Put it up.
Speaker 11: And I get like, like, if my friends are watching it, I'll be like, oh, can you just put the volume just up one? And they'll they'll just they won't say anything, but they'll just look at me. And I'm like, I don't have a reason. It just there's a way it has to be.
Speaker 14: You do you do?
Speaker 5: We always say that on this show, and like, we don't want me to go on an absolute rampage you start trashing the house because the volumes went.
Speaker 3: Off exactly, Thank you so much. Maya Teresa from Angele Vale, watch your quirk.
Speaker 12: It's not mine.
Speaker 15: It's my son. Since the day he should walk, he automatically shuts the pantry door. He's sixteen and he still does it. It's cooking. I'll go be cooking and I turn around it and the doors shut. Or I'll be in the pantry and he just does it. And I go to him why, and he goes, it has to be shut. To be shut.
Speaker 2: Wow, his word's not complete or right unless that pantry door shut.
Speaker 15: It's annoying. And he's agreeing with me, and he's sitting here and he's going he's just doing the hand chest so I wasn't allowed to say he was in the car and he's just like, yes, it has to be shut.
Speaker 1: The great irony is that Theresa's locked in the pantry right now.
Speaker 2: Let me out.
Speaker 5: No, it needs to be shut. I understand this because when I was I reckon. I was it was late primary school. I went to a really crazy OCD phase and that was like I think mine was a number I reckon. It was five, like touching things five times, light switches on and off five times, and it's a weird one where you don't feel like you feel like things are out of order if you miss one, and that everything is complete if you go through your routine.
Speaker 2: We're touching these things a certain amount of time.
Speaker 3: Definitely think isn't it like we're supposed to give away one thousand dollars her birthday pay day very soon.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's got to be five thousand.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm trying. I'm trying to bump it up. Yeah, it's not quite working though, was it.
Speaker 5: And yes, I'm trying to have some debates with the birthday pay day gods and they disagreeing with me.
Speaker 2: That's just around the corner. Thy, Thank you so much for everyone who got involved this morning. You're on the standby list to see Cold Pay live and sitting roll crazy, roll the bit crazy, rolling this together. That's not