Speaker 1: Hi guys, pie guys today. How ai you? Thanks for listening to our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yay hie everyone, Hie everyone.
Speaker 1: Smela Monte, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Whatever you're up to, working out, doing the housework, driving to work, that would be you doing the housework now.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it would not be not at the moment.
Speaker 1: Really, you're not doing anything that's not like you.
Speaker 2: My house is so disgusting at the moment. I said the other night, we're eating dinner, and I said, I dine in my sleep tonight. You must clean the house before you notify anybody.
Speaker 3: It's that bad because I feel like you're a big cleaner of the house.
Speaker 2: I'm clean, but I'm untidy, right. I actually saw this really interesting thing that came up on my Instagram. It was this woman talking about, like I fucking hate always saying things about ADHD because I know people are fatigued by it. But she was talking about traits with ADHD that are like hypocritical, Like I'm messy, but you're not allowed to be messy totally, and if you make messy MySpace, we're going to have an issue. And like, if I'm focusing on something, you can't interrupt me. But I can come and interrupt you when you're anything, and I'm like that all the time, Marks and the mill are doing something and I'm like, hey, look at this, And if he does it to me, I'm like, oh, I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Wake Yeah, it's because it takes a while to get your focus, so then if you're focused, it's really hard to break it. But I'm the opposite to you, not opposite.
Speaker 3: But my house is clean and always ridiculously tidy because I can't. My brain's so out of control that I can't have my house out of control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get to my.
Speaker 1: Head in Yeah. I think a lot of people like that.
Speaker 3: And also because we work from home, I need my space, I need the dishwasher done, I need everything clear, so then my brain is free to work.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it's like, yeah, it's just chaos. Can't do it. It's a control thing too.
Speaker 2: But see, also there are like your house. I remember you did a post on show and tell ages Ago about stacking the dishwasher. Yes, my husband is so anal with the stacking of the dishwasher. Now it's like he just says to everybody, just leave it. Oh really, because it has to. He can't bear if it's not a specific way.
Speaker 3: Right, A lot of people like that. But so then do they stack up during the day until he gets home to do them.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I if it's just putting a plate in, it's fine, But like after dinner and stuff, they have to be in this certain like the knives need to go in this certain spot.
Speaker 3: Right, apple down, upple down knives. No, you have things, You've got a newer one. Mine's so old school that you put them in their holes, you know, like the basket down the bottom.
Speaker 2: Have you have you ever cleaned your dishwasher?
Speaker 3: I clean it quite regularly, not like the inns. I clean like the you know, the bit where the water goes down. I clean that because it gets so nasty.
Speaker 2: So it is so disgusting. Oh, it's so disgusting.
Speaker 3: It gets like this foily yucky discuss it's so nasty. And I use the scrubber that I cleaned the dishes with to clean it too.
Speaker 2: No, no, oh god.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Hey, so Valentine's Day was the other day. Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Nah, neither do way, not at all. We didn't even say Happy Valentine's Day, Like it's such a non thing in our house.
Speaker 2: Mark actually said to me, he goes, do you want to do anything for Valentine's Day? I just looked at him like I was confused. I said, what do you mean? And he goes, do you want to do anything? Joining out for dinner or something? I said, no, we had done that before, like when we were going out, we did, you know, like when everything's all you know, sweet and yes.
Speaker 3: I remember in high school though, sometimes boys would bring roses, like a bunch of roses and hand single roses out to the girls and it was just the panic of wanting one.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? I was like, oh my god, if you don't get one, like.
Speaker 3: Most girls were walking around with a rose, And it was mainly only one year it happened. And then at like lunchtime, when it was all wilted, I got handed one by a guy.
Speaker 1: He's like, here you go, you can have one. But I think I asked for one.
Speaker 2: I mean fair enough. At least you knew what you wanted.
Speaker 1: I totally knew it.
Speaker 2: The best back in those days was the secret admirer note I would.
Speaker 1: Like to get one. I never got one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm sure, I'm talking about primary school, and I'm sure most of the time it was just my friends taking the piss.
Speaker 1: Probably that didn't happen at our school. I would have loved.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, put me on a high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it did anyway.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of Valentine's Day, which was a few days ago, now, the most disgusting thing was what Benny Blanco did for Selena Gomez, Like what the hell? So there was like corn chips, a trail of corn chips. Then I Love You written on the bathroom floor with a bathtub full of Nacho cheese, So I know, what the fuck's nacho.
Speaker 2: Ches Okay, but there are so many things wrong with this. The trail even like you know when people do the trail with rose petals and stuff, makes me nauseous. Just the thought of that is God, I've become a fucking horrible bitch.
Speaker 3: It's too clich usually in a hotel room, and it leads up to the swan towels, you know what I mean, the swan towel with the trail of rose petals with I Love you written on it, and it's just like ill crook yack.
Speaker 2: But what's also disgusting is like corn chips on the floor.
Speaker 1: Nasty yuck.
Speaker 2: Right. Yes, then this bathtub like number one, who'd eat out of the bathtub?
Speaker 1: Ugh?
Speaker 2: Never, even if I'd never use that tub before, I was still there's a drain.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: It's like saying I'll eat out of the kitchen sink. Yeah, but maybe even maybe even worse.
Speaker 1: Well, your whole pubes have been in there, doesn't have your pubes in it.
Speaker 2: I don't even like barks.
Speaker 3: I don't even like bars either. A lot of people are bath people. My friend has a bath every night with their kids in there, and I'm like, oh, to me, is the most disgusting thing because kids are so dirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they get in and I'm like to shower after it. She's like no, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, imagine imagine the ring ring, the ring.
Speaker 1: I hope Benny Blanco got rid of the ring before he pausel nacho cheese in it. Nacho cheese is very American.
Speaker 2: It looked like spray cheese, like you know, you see they've got that cheese like dairy whip face cream, but cheese. And then you just see did you see the video And he's like gets a fucking chip and dips it in there and eat it. That's disgusting. And then I also thought, because I'm a dirty bitch, I thought, I bet you afterwards there was some sort of food play going on and his cheese not the worst food.
Speaker 3: Goodness, food play though, food plays. So I remember you used to be able to get that chocolate.
Speaker 2: Like edible chocolate and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep, we all chocolates edible, I guess, but oh no, sorry, like body paint, edible paint, edible undies.
Speaker 2: That's very retro, like very eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure they're still available, but I haven't seen them in a long time. But I'm just like, that's something only rich people would do too, because there's no way, Like I just look at that and go, oh, the mess. How do you even get that nacho cheese out? But that's when you've got staff who just go and attend to that mess that you've made, like the staff has done it. And then also they've got to clean that shit up.
Speaker 2: And the logistics of how do you get that out?
Speaker 1: I thought about it full bathtub a full bu time.
Speaker 3: I'm like they would bucket it out until it got to the very bottom and then they'd wash it down. What would they bucketed into one bucket into a bigger bucket and then go and chuck it in the bin. Maybe very fis it's a sick consistency.
Speaker 2: Some sort of vacuum situation, like you reckon, I don't know. I mean, these are people where money is no object.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I just was like, wow that if Sam did that for me, I'd be like, ooh, crook.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the just sort of going against exactly everything we just said. Even though it's disgusting, I think the nice thing about gifts like that is it's that somebody knows you.
Speaker 1: Yes, so wholy Selena loves a nacho with cheese.
Speaker 2: You know, Like I feel like when someone has listened to you if I've had a conversation with you about something like you sent me a dark chocolate that you'd bought that you didn't want, the fact that, oh You've listened to me in a conversation and I've said I like dark chocolate, that means something more than some extravagant gift.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I sent like I sent you that T shirt. I didn't buy it for you. I just sent you the Lincoln.
Speaker 3: You should buy this fish self jaws to a retro jaws yellow T shirt.
Speaker 1: Actually I have.
Speaker 3: I did buy that and it hasn't arrived. Yeah, and I bought that a long time ago.
Speaker 2: I think it was last week.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. It was at least a month ago.
Speaker 3: I'm so impatient And if something doesn't arrive within a couple of weeks, I because things should arrive within a week. Anything that takes longer than a week, I'm like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Well, not if they're coming from overseas.
Speaker 1: Nope. Still you've got a week.
Speaker 3: And if it doesn't come within a week, I'm emailing like, where's my path?
Speaker 2: Oh No, I would never I would never go through.
Speaker 3: Why this week, I ordered a top and it's been nearly a month and they're like, this is actually on back order and I was like, oh, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: And then another one is a shelf I bought and I messaged emailed them. They're like, oh, these are made to order, so yours.
Speaker 1: Is coming up. It's not next in line. I was like, oh my bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of things arriving, bringing back couch chat our.
Speaker 1: Couches, what did you end up getting.
Speaker 2: Oh, I ended up getting I went to Nick scary.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, so the think you told me that. Did you get the brown leather?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no fabric like a forest green green color?
Speaker 1: Right? I saw that one in store. Too beautiful? Great? And what configure do you have? Well, we got the auto, Oh you got the auto. Right.
Speaker 2: We added to the because we've got like a big Sometimes I talk like we live in a mansion. We don't. It's just says like a lot of the areas, like the living area is really big, so we needed like a big couch to fill the space, so we added an extra piece to it and stuff. The problem is, oh, oh, I don't know how comfortable it is. I think it's because you get used to you get.
Speaker 3: Used to your old couch because mine arrived. But guess what's arrived? What the wrong configure? So I wanted the chase on the left side and it's on the right side. Of course I had to email and I'm like, this doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Cuts off the door? Yeah, room, this is all wrong.
Speaker 3: And then they're like, oh, sorry, our mistakes. So they're ringing they're bringing a new one, which is so good. But the couch is like rock hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it needs to. And one of the things that deterred me as well was the guy was saying, oh, it's got like I don't know, is it like feathers.
Speaker 1: So I might have feathers. Mine's like literally rocks.
Speaker 2: And he's he's like, oh, so you've just got to you know, turn them and you know, chop them or whatever, just to keep them.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, that's annoying to do that. A homemaintenance couch is so irritating. Mine's got a lot of pillows, so the back's quite low, so it's got the pillows for the back support, and the kids throw the pillows off all the time, and so I'm constantly picking up the pillows Like I'm like, this is.
Speaker 1: A bit high maintenance, this couch.
Speaker 2: But does it look good?
Speaker 1: It looks so good. I'm so thrilled with how it looks.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you another thing and then I'll get off couch chat. Sorry, but you know, we found I don't know if I said this or not, we actually found the dream couch. It was comfortable, the configure was.
Speaker 1: Perfect, a perfect configured. It was just right.
Speaker 2: It was that Koala oh really.
Speaker 1: I tried the Koala ones.
Speaker 2: I could not believe, like the one on display, it was white. So I said, oh, what other colors does this come in? No other colors? That's just white. Mark's Like, I don't know, like we could scotch guard it or whatever. I said, Are you fucking kidding a white couch, white fabric?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: There is so many people that rock the white couches or the light cream and they've got kids, and I'm just constantly shocked. I'm like, that to me is a disaster because they're gonna get dirty even if you scotch guard them. And I'm just like, ooh, you feel dirty when your couch has got stains, and you do.
Speaker 2: And it's not even about eating on the couch or anything like that. It's just you sit there and you're wearing jeans for example. Yeah, and the blue rubs off for anything anything. Yes, No, but that really pissed me off. I thought, what a stupid fucking color white. You could have really made me angry.
Speaker 3: It could have done the forest green and then you would have been sold. Was it the Bangalow sofa?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I don't know. It was like big big cushions. It was just you're really sunk into it. Oh it was just perfect.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect couch is so essential. Moving on.
Speaker 3: It was a Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary Yuther, how wild. I didn't watch any of it, but I on a clip of you on Instagram saw Miley Cyrus singing got She is just I'm just constantly my breath is taken away by her, and it's like her.
Speaker 1: Voice is getting deeper and more husky. She said that the fires changed her voice. It's so phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And what I loved is when she was singing, she yelled at to the audience because there were a huge amount of celebrities in there.
Speaker 1: She's like, is there gonna be like the Grammys where none of you dance? Get up?
Speaker 3: Adam Sander like started calling them out.
Speaker 1: Are yellow doing the Grammys thing where you guys are famous and shit and they don't sing along? Like that's so cool?
Speaker 3: So then she got the whole room standing on their feet dancing to Akin'bama's up Fawers.
Speaker 2: She's like Lady Gaga, like she's an actual talent. Oh beyond like that girl that sings messy Loly Young.
Speaker 1: Don't know her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know who anyone is. I literally just found out who Benson Boone is from the Grammys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've got it. We'll have to come back. We'll have to come back to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll start to Benson Boone.
Speaker 2: Come back to him. I can.
Speaker 3: Is she the one who got on the horse at the Grammys had a big horse.
Speaker 1: She's got big redheads.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're thinking of Chapel Rone.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm thinking of Chapel Rhyme.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's great too, Yes, yeah, she's really good too. But Miley is like one of those talents because she.
Speaker 1: Writes and she sings. She's just so epic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also, like, I know, I know that we shouldn't be commenting on people's bodies, but my god.
Speaker 1: Her body is for nobody.
Speaker 2: It's like a work of.
Speaker 1: Art, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Some people's bodies are work of arts, like Beyonce's body, to me, is a work of art. Like there's certain people that are just so fantastic to me.
Speaker 2: I have a really, very very unpopular opinion about Beyonce. You don't like Beyonce, No, no, no, I do like Beyonce. I just think everyone thinks everything she does is amazing because she's Beyonce. I think there's people better than Beyonce.
Speaker 3: I think that she is pretty like in terms of sick because I told you how a while ago I did karaoke and I just found I had a new respect for all artists after it, because I was like, I cannot even reading the words and just doing a lid room with friends keep singing and try and dance, where Beyonce does the full everything and sings. It's wildly remarkable. If you want to get a newfound respect for he, go and do karaoke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's that's also like you're doing it once at karaoke. This is her career. This is rehearsal she's been I mean, she's been like at the Johnny Young Talent School since she was.
Speaker 1: Like true, but also Pink. I just love Pink. I think Pink's phenomenal as well.
Speaker 2: Well, that's their craft and you've that's like someone might say, oh my god, how does someone hang on? But it's like someone saying how does someone get on the radio and just talk about stuff that's your thing? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Basically the Beyonce of the airwaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Yeah you finally acknowledging. So somebody else that I've just realized who exist is Benson Boone. I had no I did know his song, but I had no idea he was before the Grammys where he stood up and hide he chlum, ripped his top, his outfit off, and then he goes up and slips multiple times, and I'm like, this guy is so amazing that then I googled him and went to the MTV Music Awards.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is the exact same show.
Speaker 2: I'll want you and need you. God, dude, dude.
Speaker 1: Like his shtick is I can flip the flip the flip, and those jumpsuits that he wears.
Speaker 2: I'm not. Look, I'm not. I'm not a fan of going in a jumpsuit. I have to say no.
Speaker 1: But it's a good like, it's a good thing. It separates him.
Speaker 3: So as soon as you see the jumpsuit, you're like, oh, that's Benson Boone and his slips are very impressive. But I just don't want him to overuse the flip because I'm like, that's fucking sick, bro, don't. I just can't believe I just said bro, fucking sick. Bro, don't overuse.
Speaker 2: It, and you would have called him bro. You were having conversation with him.
Speaker 3: But you know what, because he was born in two thousand and two, he's twenty one years old.
Speaker 2: I did the same thing. I saw his performance number one, the pulling off of the suit with I think it was Nicky Glassar, who's the comedian, and Heidi Klume. They had last But did you notice that Heidi Klum's pool went awry like she went to pull it off and she grabbed nothing. Oh, it was awkward.
Speaker 1: Depressure on you.
Speaker 3: I would never want to rip off bens and booths Boone's clothes in front of everyone.
Speaker 2: Never because but I was like, oh, he's a bit like obviously if I saw him down the street, I wouldn't even look twice at him. But because he's hot, he's a bit hot. And then I saw twenty two, and I'm like, I could have technically given morth to him.
Speaker 1: We absolutely could have.
Speaker 3: I would have been twenty two. I would have been his age when I gave birth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like, it's wrong. Also, you know what I found out about him more?
Speaker 1: Oh is he still?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: I always get shocked when I hear things like that. Same, Yeah, because it's like it's a very strict, different lifestyle that he leads. So I don't think Mormon's drink. No, he's a practicing Mormon. He wouldn't drink, he wouldn't do drugs.
Speaker 2: But they could be varying degrees too, you know, people luck, I can say technically I'm Catholic even though I'm nonpracticing. There are things that I do and things that I just completely write off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True, So maybe he's like that fascinating fact though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am just on SNL two. Did you see Share?
Speaker 1: I didn't see share, No, but apparently she was for Nomski.
Speaker 2: I implore everyone to google share SNL fiftieth anniversary. She did if I could turn back time in pretty much the same outfit as the film clip. She's seventy eight years old. Wow, there was no having to call out like Miley, come on, everybody dance, the joy, the joy on people's faces watching her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet she's a legend.
Speaker 2: She was amazing.
Speaker 3: She went through a stage though, remember when that film clip came out where it was like she was a bit slurri ish and now she's just like fucking like anyone that's seventy eight and just is cranking out like that. It's like there was a little while ago a concert for the Fires, the La Fires, and Rod Stewart came out and I was so nervous he was going to drop down on the stage and he's about the same age, kept holding his chest.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's not good.
Speaker 2: I never understood the Rod Stewart thing. You know, he was like a real sex symbol back in the day.
Speaker 1: He still had a shirt a bit unbuttoned, and he's like eighty years old.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, d I think there's a I think and I shouldn't say this because if people said this about a woman, I'd be the first to go, oh, that's not really. But there's a window that a guy can get away with an unbuttoned shirt. Yeah, I agree, And then it's got to come up.
Speaker 3: I think when the old man's skin starts to appears.
Speaker 1: That's when you keep it done up. Do you know what I mean? We all know that it's like the crepe papery skin.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No, but even if Sam Moore and unbuttoned top, now it would be weird and he doesn't have old man's skin. I reckon twenty two is the cutoff? Actually probably, you know, unless your body is epic. But still something cringe about the opened Yeah, the button down shirt.
Speaker 2: It can't be open. I guess it depends who it is. I guess it depends who it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, All right, Well let's get out here, mal. Thank you everyone for listening. Make sure you give us a rating wherever you can. Wherever you listen to our podcast, you can go in and if it's a rating and a little comment and helps push us up, that would be so great to our patrons.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you so much. Head over to patreon dot com, forward slash chantel online and there you can get one for about five bucks a month. Just helps you the money about CODs. But you guys are group. We appreciate you and thank you bye for now.
Speaker 2: Love you