Speaker 1: Welcome to the Daily Telegraph Enteral Podcast. Adam Mobbs here with Fatima Cadou and you Wan. Want to introduce yourself a star of Maddie in the Missile podcast several Paris Olympics.
Speaker 2: I want to say, it's great to be back from Paris to wool I went to. Yes, it's good fun, but it's good to be back back to the finals to run home. You crunch time in the season. You're fresh or you're flat. I'm not sleeping great. I was up at four this morning and I just stayed up.
Speaker 1: I couldn't Wednesday. Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting there. I'm getting there. I can falling asleep on the couch. I hate that because I smell like a troop. Anyway, good times, good fun.
Speaker 1: How was Paris?
Speaker 2: It was amazing great. See I haven't been there in twenty years and I wasn't a huge fan of the city when I went the first time. But this time, I mean there was police everywhere, right, so the city is clean and so it was.
Speaker 1: It was cool. Just before the Olympics. Well maybe they just snuffled away all the negative reports.
Speaker 2: I reckon a lot of people left town, right because the Olympics was there and so the town cleaned out a bit. So it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. It's good for.
Speaker 2: The Olympics are the best thing. I'll doing our job. I reckon to get have you been to one?
Speaker 1: Haven't yet? And you've got to get yourself to one more. Yeah, go to l A you amazin. Yeah, get the media center of Brisbane and.
Speaker 2: Going to the Olympics.
Speaker 1: We've got to Brisbane for two weeks, sixteen hours a day inside probably the same as sixteen Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Scared Tim Morrissey. He got out, he went to the Bay, went and watched the Dream Team Tim did he? Yeah? He was about the only time we left the media center. Poor Tim.
Speaker 1: But well he's got the golden elbows, he's collected more teeth and my dentist lady played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good times.
Speaker 1: It was good back did he the foot?
Speaker 2: So I downloaded the enter of watchapp watch what's yeah, whatever it's called. So I'm going to claim that can I claim that it's okay? So I watched still a couple of games because the time was perfect. It was like seven a m. Ten a m. Midday, that's when the games run over there. So the time was perfect, so I watched a few games here keep my eye on things.
Speaker 1: A little bit of drama. You've missed a little bit, trolly. I don't know. We're still we're still for Tima in the middle of the five business days for him to respond notice.
Speaker 3: And Tippy ain't going to fight it, just quietly reach notices fronting the board as well.
Speaker 1: And the Real Housewives of Dubbo Facebook.
Speaker 2: Was a great look that's so believed, isn't it should dubbo o good?
Speaker 1: Oh dear, I just yeah, where do we start at for Tama?
Speaker 3: I'm just who do you want to start at? The trail? Well, we're considering, you know, another loss for South Sydney. I think initially obviously he's been out with a full injury anyway enough if I remember correctly, initially was sort of scheduled to be back around that round twenty four. Obviously that's been pushed out now to next season. Been Hornby said he was sick during the week as well. But you know, it's after everything that has happened at that club, everything that came before Jason Demitri was sacked. It's the last thing that they wanted, like an off field scandal involving Latrel. So, yeah, he fronts the board this week.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it'll be this week. Actually, I think I don't know it'll be this week, but it'll be soon. Yeah, I think Buzz alluded to it. I think they're at the end of the tether with Latrell. I think there was at a point now where it's this is your last chance. Yeah, there's some whispers going around on Friday that there was even talk about terminating his deal that had been discussed. It's not going to get to that point.
Speaker 1: But I didn't tell him Wayne Bennett that you come back. Well, you're not why you're going to do it.
Speaker 2: But that might be the biggest thing of Latroll's favorite course, it wasn't coming then. I think they would have been tempted because if you look at his records, since he's been in the most games he's ever played seventeen games. I think it's eleven this year, or play eleven. And you know, the hope is that Wayne will get the best out of it, because Wayne traditionally has got well the best out of Latrell well, but if he messes up again, it's it's it's he's done, and he's on a contract worth one one yeah, one wonder one one million dollars a year, so he's got there's a lot of risk for Latrell.
Speaker 1: Two prelim finals and then a Grand final in their three years together at the South, so you know, and Wayne actually came out I don't know if he saw his interview the other day in that Dolphins press that talked about Latrell and said that look, you know, he don't want him to be making headlines for this and he'll get down there and look after him and have him being remembered for what he's doing good on the fir and all the good stuff that he does.
Speaker 2: Do you know, he has amazing stuff. He's amazing for a game troll, but it's just late. He's not even of late. He's just had a history of making poor decisions at times and they tend to overshadow all what good he does to because he does amazing things for not just the indigenous community, just for rugby league in general. He's such a magnet right for young fans and he just needs to just get it right off the field and he can do it because we've seen him do it and when he does it, he's amazing ambassador for rugby league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll even just looking at this year from racism saga with Ezra Men that he was suspended for the Sean Johnson stuff then and he was in that statued chop Mundane in front of your man Braith at Chin.
Speaker 2: Chin that's right.
Speaker 1: But then he emerges our origin savior and then he gets injured and we are oh god, game three, can we do it without him? And that's just Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's sort of a snapshot of his career this year. Right, It's like it's a roller coaster and I'm sure it wears him down at times. We've seen he's spoken about it as wears him down that you know, everything he goes for and how much attention he gets. But all of the time, look, sometimes he doesn't bring it on himself, right and if but a lot of the times he does bring the attention to himself. I love the trail. I think he's fantastic for rugby league, and I think rugby league is a much better game when the Troll's in it. But he's just got to be really careful at the moment because I think there's people at Souse who are at a point where they're thinking, if he crosses the line again, does the wrong thing again, that's it. He's done. It's not worth the trouble.
Speaker 1: It's a massive call for any club to make to let our bloke light Latrell Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Well, at some point you've got to all on the sand.
Speaker 1: Has that ever been done with a player of that caliber? I know that's a question. Without sorry, that should have put it on the rundown, but not.
Speaker 3: That, not of that caliber, not of that influence too for doing about both on the field and off the field. But I think with the trail at the same time, and I do tend to agree with reading that maybe some of the stuff he brings on to himself, But at the same time, there are some things where because he's just a headline magnet, he gets with that attention. But we also want to be careful that we don't force Latrell into feeling like he can't be himself or he has to be quiet. You know. I know that Ezra man racism stuff caused a lot of headlines and controversy, but he's got a right to be outspoken about that. But he's going to then be willing to wear whatever comes on the back of that. So it's a fine balance. You know. Obviously he hasn't always got it right off the field, but there are some things that he's just a lightning rod even though he necessarily hasn't done the wrong thing. So and I think if he can stay on the field, like avoid suspension, avoid injury, which is obviously not necessarily always in his power, the stuff that happens off the field, it loses its potency a little bit. But it's the fact, like you said, that he's missed these prelims, his mister Grand Final. Then all of a sudden people start we know how much money is on People start saying, well, are South Sydney getting value for money?
Speaker 2: Well, but not at the moment that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's why it becomes a bigger, sort of a more important issue for South Inney and can.
Speaker 1: People start thinking about what it means for me given the fact that South beat the Tigers, which now puts Paramatta back in Sorry, the Tigers beat South puts Paramatta back in that spoon bowl. The Tigers were good though the weekend were they you know, they keep fighting.
Speaker 2: I think you're more. I think they're going to win the spoon. What do you reckon? I think you're massive spoon chances.
Speaker 1: The dream buller injury to the Tigers levels of the plane for a little bit, given all that Paramatta's got out, but.
Speaker 2: You've got last round Tigers spoon.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I guess it all depends. So Tigers have a buying hand as well, and then they've got mainly.
Speaker 1: Well they've got mainly this week and then the bye and then and so Paramatta have Broncos in Brisbane, the Dragons chasing a top eight.
Speaker 2: I think I think they can beat the Dragons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's interesting because I haven't kept the close hid the ladder, so at the moment the Tigers para to ahead. But the have a buy so four and against have two games where they're four. Against can really take a hit if they get pummeled by Brisbane or the Dragons. And but I don't think it will come down to it against because I think they'll be on. There'll be on Egal points and it's win. It takes all around twenty is that game caut.
Speaker 2: No good?
Speaker 1: It's just but it goes back to that Panthers game. Nels had that up by fourteen with eight to go and what's going on.
Speaker 2: When I went away, they were sort of they were they were badly a bit, but they weren't playing terrible. But they've been diabolical. Yes, what's doing with what's happening?
Speaker 1: Tons of injuries, it doesn't help, But it's just.
Speaker 2: A lot of talk about players getting moved on there as well.
Speaker 1: That tapping on the shoulder stuff doesn't help. Guo reg has been inspirational, he's been so good.
Speaker 3: Not that he's been tapped, but potentially someone like the Dragons, you know, could be monitoring the situation. But yeah, Reggie's been tapped. The Yeah. The Gutho story again on the back of talk that he might not be captain next year, is a bit strange for me. I don't understand it. I mean, he's sort of the heart and soul. Well, he's the heart and soul of that club and has been for a long time. So moving somebody like Gutho on.
Speaker 1: Can we burn those two thousand and one Paramatta Replica jerseys? By the way, I don't think like they haven't won a game in them, have they? The only thing I think about one is the Knights game. It's that's not the year where Paramatta said all the attacking records, they're going to revolutionize the game for twelve months and twelve months only it was that's what you remember for the Grand Fall, and they've been diabolically.
Speaker 3: That is a bit triggering for Oh yeah, I think it's some of.
Speaker 1: Fan see how they feel and can we get a super soper at Alliant.
Speaker 2: Floodball that one flood?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Apparently the issues of the drainage is that they they have I'm told this morning that they didn't prepare the ground so the water would go through.
Speaker 4: Through the surface, pitchforks out, that's why the water did that's from that's the early problemation, no official source for anyone who.
Speaker 2: Talking about that's got from a random that's the issue.
Speaker 3: The pitchforks before the game, pitchforkstre before the downpour. But shouldn't they have enough good enough drainage system to at least mitigate.
Speaker 2: Some of that, maybe not all of it wouldn't be interest of the spent eight hundred and eighty million dollars have forgot to.
Speaker 1: Put draining there on Friday and the first game was obviously up and Brookie and you know when it rains and you never see you barely see the rain on TV and watch it the other night and the rain you can see it pooring anything that's gon to.
Speaker 2: Be sideline, and that with no umbrella was unbelievable. It came from nowhere. It's brookly amazing. Like three four years ago it was the worst ground the NRL by the length of a straight brook. And now that surface is ridiculously good. I mean it wouldn't even know rain there the other night it's it was. I think they spent a million dollars on it, or at all. It didn't actually cost in terms terms of expenditure on stadiums. Replacing that surface and putting in a surface of that quality didn't actually cost that much money relative relatively. But that surface now is ridiculous. And he used to be a disgrace, a cow paddic and apparently can still get on there. Yeah I didn't know you could anymore. But yeah, occasionally leave the gates open and people will still take their dogs out there.
Speaker 1: Dogs having to clean up little lamb mines games. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: But the manly gone well since I've been away. Yeah, look they looked like the warming up man. They with Tommy on fire and how good is he?
Speaker 1: Very well and he's in that latrell but right the game one Sky like him them back and playing as well as they can. Because even if you're not a Seagulls fan, watching Tommy the way he orchestrates defensive lines and you just see him talking behind the scenes and they just they look a totally different outfit with him there, which is I mean, it's not rocket science to say that, but it's interesting because then he got five and six with Manly and Canterbury. There is and if if Cronulla hadn't have got out of JAILI hiss newcast. So you're talking about a top four battle that's still who knows, still maybe open for someone to sneak in there.
Speaker 2: Well mainly play the Dogs and Charks on the run home. So yeah, I think I win their last three puts a bit of pressure on they finish in the top four. They're a dangerous team. They've got a lot of points and a lot of attack and a lot of blakes fit. Now they have a lot of injuries. At the moment, super coach Steves is getting the job done. You man, the great man, He's on fire.
Speaker 1: That's where he was leading us there you go to show back on track take control. But I just yeah, those teams at the weekend and sort of just run through that bull Dogs obviously stamping their authority again. We'll get to the Hammaso Josh had a car stuff shortly. But another team really the playing good footy since you've been away, haven't they?
Speaker 3: For the Dogs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean they've been good defensively all year in their defensive systems, so sort of as the year's gone on, have you know, become more reliable. They sort of know the structures and the rest of it. But what's really clicked, especially in the last couple of weeks, has been their defense and they're just so much more confident in defense. Choby Sexton obviously since coming in has what is he now, how many games now? I think one ten added maybe eleven since he's been back, so he's made a lot of difference, really taken off a lot of pressure off Matt Burden. The Edges have been great. So yeah, I mean it's it's not that I don't believe they can be a dark horse in the in the final series, but I don't know what their record is like against those sort of two top teams that we think the premiership is going to come out of other than Penriths.
Speaker 2: Film like a good record against Melbourne. I don't know, I don't. I'm not saying that within the authority. I just have a feeling that in recent years they've got a good record.
Speaker 3: And speaking of that minds, you see what Jacob Kiraz left after that, try a big pile of But yeah, I mean they're they're going good and they get the job done every week and they're consistent.
Speaker 2: I think they're still a year away at least, right. I think they need some reinforcements. I don't think they can. They need everything to go right to go with Melbourne and Penrith and even the roosters, I reckon they need everything to go right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I want to be doing three weeks out from finals. He's playing that kind of.
Speaker 3: Defense, yeah, exactly. And the other thing to talking about where they finish, I mean, if you're canab into that first week of the finals, do you want to do you know one v four, which is probably going to be Melbourne, or you know five v eight which it might be the Dragons. So I think they will. I mean, if you're a side coming up against them in the finals, they're probably going to worry you a little bit. You're not going to think that they're not going to be They're not going to be themselves. As much of a cliche as that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going through run home. So seagulls, cowboys. What do you make of the Dragons?
Speaker 3: What can you make of them? They were good? I reckon they were really good.
Speaker 2: Yes, the other were diabolical, Yeah, most terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kenny scores with the first their first touch and they were terrible after them.
Speaker 1: And on fours of three hundred. Disappointing performance with that back to back stinkers. They were really bad last week as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I think when Kinney scored that try, you almost wentf Is this going to be one of those games with the Dragons, you know, because if they don't have a good start, you can pretty much write the Dragons off. But they were physical, they were aggressive. The back roll is both Jade and Sewer and Lua were pretty.
Speaker 2: Good in that shame he took a personal yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and then in the in.
Speaker 2: The what do you run for three hundred and forty meters losing sight that a couple of.
Speaker 3: Times this year, and then in the second half of the for the Dragons they lose Jack de bell And to a high shot, and you know, they're under the pump. All the territories against them, all the possessions against them, and they keep them out. So it was a really good performance by them. That the thing is is can they back it up next week and then a week after and the week after, And that's been the challenge for them since probably mid season. They haven't been able to clinch back to back wins since then, so and I think a lot of it. It's funny because Ben Hunts be up and down too, so they're sort of Their results in the last ten weeks have reflected how Ben Hunt's played, and he was pretty good yesterday.
Speaker 1: So thoughts on Jack bird it five eight. I thought he did a pretty good job.
Speaker 2: Jack. He's good footballer, right, It's just he's just a footballer. Jack. It's one of my favorite players. He's such a good fellow. Jack. He interview him after the game on Triple M. He's he's very entertaining Jack, but I thought they are. He's good footballer. Jack. When he's happy and confident, and he's fit. He's more than capable of holding down that number six years until Kyle Flanningen gets back. He's just a good player.
Speaker 3: Do you say anything about his future?
Speaker 2: No, he's just jubid, one of the great chips in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about this? So the Dragons win by sixteen the average winning marchin this year's fifteen point six points. Well, the concern for them though, when they lose, they lose big. Their average losing margin this year's twenty six point four points per game. So and they've lost some big ones, but that's you look at there for and against the shocking for a team that's sitting in their minus ninety, sitting in a innate spot there, but amazingly still in their own control. A couple of games to come to.
Speaker 2: Big game this week against the Sharks and against his old team. Sharks have been a bit dodgy, haven't they a bit diceive late? It's a game they could win if they turn it on.
Speaker 1: How much the golden point took out at Croneller as well, and it's only ext couple of minutes, but mentally as well.
Speaker 2: The motion of it mentally lit wor they lost though at least they won, right so, and they'll be fired up for this game the local derby, right so, and they need to start turn it on Croer. They've been real dodgy for a long time now and they needed to show something I reckon otherwise it'll be like last year, right the canon fodder in the finals went out in success of weeks for memory. So unless they final yet, unless they start playing better footy, I think, you know, even if they finished the top four, they're just going to make a quick exit in the finals. And the Dragons need to win because there's still on a bit of pressure for that. For that A yeah, I mean the Broncos have got a decent run, Home Eels, Dolphins, Storm last round, storm or rests basically all the big guns in the last round.
Speaker 1: So are they resting last year or they get a bit of a staggered rest. Thought about that, yeah, because that's a good point. That's been the it's been the suggestion now that they're really well and especially since they got the cash against Penrith last week, is now they can sort of judge how they do it because obviously not going to rest monster you get.
Speaker 2: Would resting last round or would look good the other night though the old monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah didn't braced. Maybe it was last week sort of suggest that monsters still on your kind of like at the eighty percent fitness. So maybe it's like a week to week type thing. But if you look at their the next three games, so they've got the Dolphins, Cowboys and then the Broncos, and I tend to with mobs that with those three games, you probably staggered the.
Speaker 1: Resting continue winning eight.
Speaker 3: But if you're the Storm and you probably are right yourself against each of those teams, even if you're rerested.
Speaker 2: One, they'll definitely rest some players that fine around. I think I think Brisbane will win the next three and that means that the Dragons have got to win at least or I can't member what the four and against difference is like, but that they may have to win two of their last three. The Dragons. I think Brisbane will a better foign against for memory, much better.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: Dragons might have to win two of their last three to secure a final spot, and that that was.
Speaker 3: For the Dragons.
Speaker 2: It's doable.
Speaker 3: But the Eels camera camera's pretty much just you know, put a line through there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, see declaring the Dragons home done.
Speaker 3: I think there are a better chance of winning two from three than the Broncos are winning three from three.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, it's over there.
Speaker 1: Going to your thoughts on. I don't want to bag Buzz, but I will. He's led a chorus of people aren'thappy that Newcastle have walked away with no points after Golden Point.
Speaker 2: We're not going there again.
Speaker 3: Oh this is the But why why they're unhappy?
Speaker 1: Because they put in, they worked really hard and they got to Golden Point. The you know what happened. We used to have draws. We don't have draws anymore.
Speaker 3: Wayne Bennett, we get a point for loose his.
Speaker 2: Four point scoring system.
Speaker 1: He was a bulldog.
Speaker 2: Can run it as well. We'll get it just recycling.
Speaker 1: So this is it? This is the whole. Where do we think this is? You know it's unfair that Newcastle get the same amount of points as can Bro. You know they're beaten by one in Golden Point, the Raiders have beaten by forty.
Speaker 2: Everyone gets a medal. I think, yeah, just move on. I did you know I just got to win the game. The opportunity to win an extra time and you could argue whether they were.
Speaker 1: Robbed before it gets us for Yeah, that's what that's what you get out of that for and against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I no, I don't have an issue with it. That's long.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love gold Point, we do on the Monday Show with gold.
Speaker 1: You've got enerl Olympics on the back of watching what hammer. So is that accurate what Fox League had?
Speaker 3: That seems very fast.
Speaker 1: Bots top speed.
Speaker 3: The top of my head, and I don't know, I'm assuming even though it seems like it's only four kilometers, it's a big, big difference when you talk about sprinting. But yeah, forty k an hour was Fox Leagues timing of it. So so we'll give that, We'll give it to them. But yeah, how good.
Speaker 1: Was it fast for you in your NSL days mid thirties?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, lightning lightning fast was my strength speed, the long strength speed. But this was this is how good was this chase? Out standing chase reminded me of this year Tommy didn't chase down Cobo Cobbo, which was a great chase. I actually thought that was a better chase than Tommy didn't one than this one. This one was more intriguing because it was two real flyers. Tommy's chase. No one would have imagined Tommy would have chased down Cowboy, So I actually found Tommy's chase more co is a really big.
Speaker 3: Guy compet to take him down.
Speaker 2: But this is intrue because you've got two reals and rugby.
Speaker 3: League in factor and how much too. Obviously he came across fields, so he he must have been out pacing as.
Speaker 2: Quick as he used to be.
Speaker 3: You know his he looks bulky, He looks like he doesn't added a bit of way, and I don't know. I think that's given him some explosive explosiveness off the mark, quick off the mark. But I think when you look at that.
Speaker 1: I cam up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the more leaner guy sort of catch him up.
Speaker 1: Remember talking to some of the Cowboys when Hamaso was coming through and I asked, I said, because we're doing our fittest, fastest, strongest preseason stuff, I said, how how quick as he goes? Mate? We don't know because Hamaso only ever runs as fast as he has to, not as fast as he can. Well, if that's as fast as he had to run to get at Oka. That is bloody quick. That was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Is he the quickest to think? Am I who? Who's your money on?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think all these stories he came down from Kenes barefoot to win titles down there in Townsville when he's coming through school. I just I think, I think I'd have my money on him. Really, where would you go?
Speaker 2: This cool young comes from a family sprinters.
Speaker 3: You know, you've got the kidnies of the world that are smoking is in Okaya weeks those types of guys. And it's interesting because there are all different body shapes and I think that probably has a bit of an impact to who hammer Mom's here?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe find out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hate that idea.
Speaker 2: Well, just I just don't know how it's feasible, this idea of Grand Final the Olympics. I don't holidays. Players are gonna have holidays. You're gonna say to Blake Listen, I know you're in Hawaiian holidays. Just come back for the weekend run run on Grand Final. Then you can go back on holidays to do that.
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody is saying that they have to do that. Obviously they'll be volunteering themselves. And if they want to take a day off their you know, sacrifice a day off to potentially.
Speaker 1: Need a week at stretching before I run extra week.
Speaker 2: Holidays, and then you're going to come back from holidays, sprint flat out as fast for minutes, then go back on holidays. It just doesn't I don't know. I don't I don't know how you.
Speaker 1: Make a great idea in theory. I don't know how you do it. I'd love to, you know, as a big fan of the Leo and Ryan, you know, hold the head of the Fian club when you beat Chariots of Fire all those years ago.
Speaker 2: Saw a replay that today something he was on the TV and we're in there. Le got him at the start? Didn't he beat him at the start? I want to start.
Speaker 1: I don't want to find I was doing I thought, yeah, jeez, he was.
Speaker 2: I think we'd all well, I think we all love the concept, right because we've we've been asking for this to happen for years. We want to see the sprint between the quickest guys. I just don't know how you how you can make it happen unless you offer a massive pool pot of money. Say he's one hundred Grand of the winner.
Speaker 3: How about this, Why don't we showcase it in Vegas? Not every team is going to be Yeah, but you just fly and fly out. They've had all pre season to condition and get ready. They've probably done all the sprint training.
Speaker 2: So four games and one day is not enough for you. Olympic as well, we need more more mobs, even when it sprints. Eight hours of regular leagues not enough.
Speaker 3: How long did the sprint last fall?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Second, Yeah, if we're kind of trying to think about fitting it in a time where it's best suited to everybody. Yeah, and then you first class, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Prize money, bitter price.
Speaker 2: Now you're talking, yeah, are going to have to have to give them a big pot of money? I think, yeah, definitely. Yeah, maybe take it out of the p G.
Speaker 1: Why someone think of the front.
Speaker 2: Listed the powerlifting wrestling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the store or the bulldogs. We shouldn't get.
Speaker 3: It there because you know how apparently it is the best rest pens is like tungle Really, okay.
Speaker 1: Are we talking proper Greco Rayman or shots and you've got to.
Speaker 2: Himself some money that you would have got, even good odds the world could have kept that.
Speaker 3: It's already in power lift, he's won some medals, puppily, Isaiah Puppy for his reckons. He can bench two hundred kilos.
Speaker 2: Okay, s good apt he was a good shot put or here we go.
Speaker 1: Now we're talking. Now we're going to concept.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be like a Catalan yeah, or.
Speaker 1: A potential biathlon when you're at Olympics when they were going to scrap the swim legs. Yeah, I don't need to hear that anymore. You're speaking about Penrith before. What's the latest on Nathan clearly with his shoulder, do we know we're looking two to six weeks with you know, six weeks gives you a prelim final return, any any word anything.
Speaker 3: Well, the word from the club is finals time, right, so best case scenario you assume week one of the finals. But it's an interesting one because the way they described the injury was shoulder instability, and that can mean a lot of things. Right, So.
Speaker 2: It was so innocuous, wasn't it. Yeah, just that's what's disturbing. I think that it happens so well.
Speaker 3: If you notice that shoulder strapped under his jersey.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they said he'd been carrying Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it sounds like it's just one of those things. It looked innocuous, but maybe it's something he'd been managing. But yeah, the timing is not great.
Speaker 2: I'm sure of coming out after the seasons over and needs major surgery. And it's been playing in pain.
Speaker 3: For that was the same when he did the other shoulder, right, it was the same thing. It was sort of being held together by strapping every week type thing and needed surgery to fix it. But you know, I mean, what his hamstring injury has shown is that Penrith aren't necessarily incomplete and dire straits without him. Obviously, when he came back, he took them to another level and we all saw that, like he's the iceman, the clutch player, and you need someone like that in the final series, especially if you're going to win a Grand Final. That I mean, you can't fault Jeromal. You know what, We counted five games four for five that they won when he was at half back. So he's been so good. He's been good in the Origin and you know, he's probably the kind of guy who remembers those words from Nathan Cleary in the back of his mind. In the preseason saying how is he worth a million dollars? You know? And yet is he worth a million dollars?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: He's never really been a general of a side before and he's at least showing that he can get the job done in the.
Speaker 1: Blues. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's answered a lot of the critics, those who are out there with his performance performances at halfback for Penrith and Nathan's not been there. I think the Tories have got a great signing problem. Is I need to surround him with some people. That's their issue. Did teruver get dropped this week? Was he didn't play this week? Right? Because I think one of the mcclean's played, didn't they instead of being I can't remember, but he didn't play this week to River, So I don't know what's happened with him. But yeah, I think they're just they need some reinforcements to Tiger's big time it. Jerome's not going to be enough, no no, and obviously got a great spine buller Jerome Lockie. I mean the other key for them is they've got to extend Locki gelf and they've got to get a deal done because he's in November one guy, and there's been no suggestion at any point that he will extend anytime soon. So that's that's a major concern for them, I reckon, and you've.
Speaker 1: Got Latufanu and Jaden Sullivan playing reserve grade at the moment and what combined a million bucks. Benji saying the other night that he'd love to give Lockie a rest, but goes, I don't really have many options. Yeah, it was a great indictment on those guys at the moment. It was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one of those ones where sort of that comment went under the raidar a bit after the game, but it was very sort of telling. You know, he said, Govin's talking about his only nineteen first full season. We need him, we need him to play to win, and I can't rest him because I don't really have any other options. So and yeah, I think between them, Sullivan and Latue who are earning around a million dollars a season, first year into a four year deal. So yeah, they do, at least on paper, have an over supply of halves, and you think eventually one of them is going to be squeezed out.
Speaker 2: Locky Golvin should win Rookie of the Year. I know he's not eligible, right, he can't win because he got suspended for two games. But my god, he's been far and away that Ethan's trainer was good early doors.
Speaker 1: And dropped off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been some others. I can't remember of my head. There's been a couple of others who have been pretty good. He's had a decent BLASTI he has been okay, But Locky Golvin's has been great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in the position that Lockie's had to play in.
Speaker 2: The team that he's in, he's Yeah, he is going to get if he goes to November one. My god, he's going to get some money thrown that kid.
Speaker 3: But if you know, if there reports from Richard correct, they do have money.
Speaker 2: To but again they had money for Stefano. Money doesn't always.
Speaker 3: So you're suggesting he doesn't want to, Well, he's open to.
Speaker 2: I think he will. There's no way they will get a deal done with him before November one. I think you'll go to market and then I reckon you watch the clubs come out that would work for him, and they're gonna have a real fight in their hands to keep him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real fight because that's a problem too because if they lose Lockie, there's a lot of other players who are in that age group who have come through together who will probably will look to what Lucky does and if he does leave, then you.
Speaker 2: Only lock He's looking at Luke Brooks right now, going sometimes the grass is greener.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll get a good look at him this week, am.
Speaker 3: But he's also probably looking at Jerome Lawi, who potentially might help lead Penroth to for finals. So but then again that wasn't enough for Stefano to stay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's interesting because Drome is just a winner, right, winning attitude you know. I know he's in the great system at penwith but just the swag of the confidence that he rocks with. Yeah, maybe maybe a couple of months in pre season with him will convince Galvin.
Speaker 2: That hey there's he mightn't get that much time with him. As I said, it gets no Number one and he's inundated and some big guns. Image if say the Rusters come out him or.
Speaker 1: The Roosters are a key one because they've got chad Town's end next year and then after that, yeah, what do they do.
Speaker 2: It's interesting the other clubs that more manage if the Dogs come at him more, all of the clubs that might come at him Newcastle come at him, maybe not as maybe not as attractive because they're not as they have a track record like those other clubs. But you get the chance to play with Kaelan and in a team like that. That's sort of I reckon about to go through a bit of change. It's going to be some change in Newcastle.
Speaker 3: But do you want to go to a team that's about to go through change having had all that change at.
Speaker 2: The time if you're part of the For me, if I'm.
Speaker 3: Blocky, so maybe it's inside like the roosters, do you know what I mean? If you're you're probably taking the same approach that Stefano did and saying I want to get to an established team, a winning team, a club with a winning culture, which is probably something he hasn't really been expected.
Speaker 2: If Cody Howlen's Cody got left a year two years, I can't remember. There's only one, isn't it? For memory? It's only one. I had the chance to flinder Wayne Bennett as I said, there's there's they need to try and getting locked away in the next two months. It's gonna be difficult.
Speaker 1: Line of your main richo. So you're is he worried?
Speaker 2: Of course, of course he would be, I would be. Yeah, I'm sure he is worried. Grave face spoon bowlish. Now we're right as you trust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the other one because Dylan Brown he's got to what round ten next year to take up his option for the following that's twenty So.
Speaker 2: He's November one guy technically, right, because he's got an option for the year after. So he's a guy and go to market and have a look around.
Speaker 1: Because he can go after twenty after twenty five and then twenty six and twenty eight the options twenty six because.
Speaker 2: The media concerns out twenty five one right, because that means he's in November one guy, So yeah, you want to do a look at that and then November one guy. Then what do you think? Yeah? I like it, Yeah, I actually love that stuff.
Speaker 1: As an ills fan, I do not like it, and I do not like those sides and November one guy they all their player options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll happy about it. No one annoys me about the player option thing. Everyone keeps having a shot at the agent. That's not the that's their job. Their job is to get the best They've got no law to the club. Their job is to get the best deal I can. That's a club issue. Sometimes the wrong people get blamed. The ship stuff almost wore, then stuff and a podcast at more casual, that's a club issue. It's not the agent's done a good job of getting all those options in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although I look at Blaze Telungy's option for next year, which is dumb, but you know, and the agent has no loyalty, but she's that family should have had a bit of loyal to a paramatter at some point when he was when he was in hospital eight months ago, when he's with the rib busted rib and all that issue. And you know, you saw how emotional his dad was when he made his debuts, thanking the club for all they've done for him. I thought, geez, all right, I thought, there's no way this kid's going to leave. And then yeah, all of a sudden, go on, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah it hurts, doesn't it does?
Speaker 1: He really does?
Speaker 3: Did he get one back in my Yeah?
Speaker 1: Apparently, So we'll see how that goes as to.
Speaker 3: Whether I don't know if he's blazed to Lunger level but he is quite a predigious talent and he only hasn't had his shot because of Dylan Edwards.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this has been this week's edition of Mobs on the Couch. Wonder what are you watching for? Tima's favorite?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my favorite the segment where I actually haven't watched.
Speaker 1: She has been just shown how part of me, how culturess she's been.
Speaker 2: Oh what it is?
Speaker 1: The list of things that she hasn't seen is.
Speaker 3: Ridiculously longer than something that one of the great.
Speaker 1: Movies I always like.
Speaker 2: Again last year, I'll watched it again the last twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Poor Newman, anything from Poor Newman or talking about that Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, game from the source, Bottle.
Speaker 2: Baker, Baker, you have to have a look down.
Speaker 3: I think that's where I know it's from the source. Bottle mort Bottle.
Speaker 2: You've got to watch Saw Shank Redemption. It's a bit confronted and brutal to a good movie.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's one of those. It's like a social justice type thing. Isn't it just a movie?
Speaker 2: Just don't get.
Speaker 3: The movie printing.
Speaker 2: In prison?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll put it on an off season. I've got like Yellow, all the Rockies and all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of Rockie None of the Rockies watch Creed?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Trocky?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Is in it?
Speaker 3: I know? But you have to watch the Rockies before you you can't just what's great?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Star Wars reverse order? Isn't that.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen any of that. But what I am watching, I can forgive you for what I am watching at the moment is brilliant. Whipparently to know, which I'm surprised about watched. Maybe you guys are something like rubbing off on maybe my movie choices.
Speaker 2: So well, have you watching Seinfeld? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, billions? So I thought that I was going to come a patch, but apparently that's Poorgia Marty. Isn't that h five billionaire porgiam Marty is like the US attorney trying to catch this guy and he's growing billions because he believes he's an inside trader and Dodgy and all the rest of it. And he's you know.
Speaker 2: New though this has been around for a while.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, but I think it only just finished last year though seven seasons. I'm only into like a one and halfway through season two. But yeah, okay, dramatic finance type.
Speaker 2: Like this, I haven't watched the show, but it's always appealed to me, just don't got around to watching it. Yeah, I watch it.
Speaker 1: What about you read me?
Speaker 2: I've just started watching the new Hard Knocks, the NFL NFL Hard Knocks love those just started on ESPN on Fox Tell and they had the number one draft pick ms and fantasy seasons about the start. We love NFL fantasy me and carry onas and a few of the boys with Aaron Woods involved in our fantasy team. We've got to our old fantasy comp gown again. We've got some big names involved, really yeah, some footballer so yeah, but yeah, I'm watching that for a bit of research. Hard Knocks. It's very good that we should do a Hard Knocks here an Neral Hard Knocks. When did you get Fox on it?
Speaker 3: Yeahs, get on it.
Speaker 2: Hard Knocks. Spend the off season with Parametta, Chase goes through the rebuild of Parama.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, Hard Knocks.
Speaker 2: To imagine a Tigers Jimmy Sarantinos let us the Tiger's life is hard Knocks. That's name.
Speaker 3: Sydney.
Speaker 2: That would Wane. It's pretty good, would be a.
Speaker 3: Really fascinating considering the ding.
Speaker 1: Of the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, yeah, that's a good idea. We should, don't we should?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know rates Hard Knocks Live Shriver, I remember, knew that. But he's the narrator of He's been the narrator of Hard Knocks since I think it started.
Speaker 1: Him and stood.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but yeah, he's a narrator of it. He's very good. Yeah, I didn't know that Hard Knock Chicago best, Right, what are you watching?
Speaker 1: My wife tipped us into the Finally we watched Baby Reindeer O my goodness, goodness. Yeah, I kind of I steered it clear of any of the commentary around it at the time because I thought I'll watch it at some point, so I ignore everything. So but you know, the whole premise of it as a bloke gets stalked by woman and Fatima doesn't want me to go in too much detail because she's going to watch it.
Speaker 3: But no, I've already seen that. I didn't realize it was Baby Raindy. I said, don't reveal it to me until we get onto the sorry. Yeah, like weeks and we're talking about.
Speaker 1: After it finished, I then went and watched The Peers more.
Speaker 3: I was going to say with the real I haven't seen that do you think she's She's saying as I don't want to say.
Speaker 1: That, I don't want to, but this is pinned. This is they start this was saying this is a true story, and then she has then come out and said, well a lot of this stuff was totally not true. But some of her reactions, the way she answered some of those questions scared the living daylights out of me. Don't you feel glad that she doesn't have my mobile number?
Speaker 3: But I mustn't been. There were moments in the in the Morgan interview where I thought maybe she was being sincere. It was. It was a really fascinating interview because at times you'd be like, like moms, he said, you think I don't know if she's you know, all there, and then all of a sudden you'd be like, hold on, I think I believe what she's saying.
Speaker 2: So I haven't seen that in review. Maybe Rangey, but I haven't seen them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should pick it up.
Speaker 2: I'm goen to finish Hard Knocks. That be my next missiere.
Speaker 1: Well that was yeah.
Speaker 2: I meant to picture another show that I watched while I was away. I've completely forgotten what it was, and I went back on my all my apps and I can't find it. I watched the show. It was crazy good. I couldn't stop watching it. I can't remember what it was. I can't even remember. How is my brain?
Speaker 1: We do this home. My wife and I sit there and we'll wait, we'll binge watch the show. We wait till it happens. And we watched the whole thing, and with the same thing we went to watch one the other week. I said, well, she has a your choice. I'll put something on and start watching. What happened? I can't remember. I'm hopeless. That's old age. What sort of French show did you watch?
Speaker 2: And I was I can't anyway, I'll work out what it was next week.
Speaker 1: Did you get them all on Rougey? You're in Paris.
Speaker 2: We didn't go inside. We went for a cycle ride there with Peterdell and Dave Ricky and the whole crew. Obviously, we rode up to the Milan Ridge nice, just took some photos outside, had a beer, rode back.
Speaker 1: We went there the second last night or last night we were in Paris years ago, my wife and I so we did a trip boat cruise down the scene said dinner in the Aifful Town, then up to more on Rouge, and then I supposed to get on a bus to go back to our hotel. And we're looking for the bus with the number on it. It wasn't the number. I said, excuse me, where's the where's the bus to get back to our hotel? I said, oh, what is it? And I ran her off the hotel. She said, ah, your hotel's down there. Oh spent a week there. I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, I fell asleep inside. Was such a long day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that happens. It happens. What was the food, by the way, amazing?
Speaker 1: What do you think of the snail disc?
Speaker 2: I go, it was okay. Yeah, you had a couple of the first time I reckon I had them twenty years ago. I remember we were we went with my wife. We went down to the south of France, and I remember having a rabbit, a rabbit, and I think I had asked when I had the rabbit?
Speaker 3: Is not that.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Field, I don't know it.
Speaker 2: I remember the rabbit, but I can't remember the snails. But I'm pretty sure I had stars when we were down there. Yeah, the food was very good, steak and Fritz don't.
Speaker 3: Like the national dish, this one that the most popular known for.
Speaker 2: You can't be the steak here, you know what, you can't be the steak at my house, I reckon. I cook a better steak than most restaurants.
Speaker 1: I mean, had an invoy yet, but anyway.
Speaker 3: We'll see what's your cut choice.
Speaker 2: I like the I mean of late. I get a Wago surloin. It's my one thing I spowned myself once a week Saturday night, barbecue night at the Red Household. I have a Wagu sirloin.
Speaker 1: You have four of them? Or is this just you?
Speaker 2: Just one? Oh? You mean the rest of them? Don't get a wagon.
Speaker 1: Knew that I was leading him.
Speaker 2: I feel it anyway, well the sun like I feel it. And my youngest one he doesn't need steak, but we'll get We'll bring him around your sausage.
Speaker 1: Please. That's funny.
Speaker 3: I think that's it.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing to lead off, leave off, look forward to. You've been up at four o'clock tomorrow morning. Yeah, be fun Well, yeah, we'll do this all again Thursday. Potage. If Buzzy's back in now he's been in the last couple of has been on fire. Well, he's been taking everyone else's. He's very dirty on you, by the way, what now, triple M, What do.
Speaker 2: You mean, Well, he's dirty on back and he's not getting his paid gig once.
Speaker 1: Well he's read now for break last Saturday and you took a dive as what he reckons And.
Speaker 2: I had my son's who I'm coach on. My son's soccer team played the semi finals. Yeah, and I hadn't coached him for a month because I've been away. You know, we've got we got smashed.
Speaker 1: The sausage lover the elder's more.
Speaker 2: I filed his diet.
Speaker 1: Sign anyway, right, don't thanks for stopping Byke. We'll speak to you next time.