Speaker 1: Lately, General Man, welcome the late.
Speaker 2: Plays well, good evening and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Lizstawra and Caleb Bond coming up. Donald Trump has called Kamala Harris mentally disabled. It's got the media furists, but public don't seem to mind. Will show you the amazing reception he got at a sporting event overnight. Plus, when we get to the papers, the mayor of Alice Springs has taken on a second job in order to pay the bills, and Australia's largest Lebanese Muslim association has called into question Penny Wong's fitness as Foreign Minister. All of that when we look at what's making news tomorrow. But first, a new report has warned warned that the British Army would literally run out of soldiers if they were forced to fight a war with similar to casualty rates to the war in Ukraine. The House of Lord's Reports says civilians need to be ready to fight because Britain's military, with just seventy five thousand, one hundred and sixty six regular troops, is simply too small.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: They made a number of recommendations under the heading Army size and readiness.
Speaker 2: The House of Lord's Reports said, while size.
Speaker 3: Is not the only measure of capability, the committee is concerned that the British Army cannot as currently constituted, make the expected troop contribution to NATO or sustain prolonged conflict. The Committee calls on the government to address recruitment and retention challenges and reinvigorate the reserves to.
Speaker 2: Help build up numbers.
Speaker 3: Calablizs as we're reading this this afternoon, it becomes evident that this is not a problem unique to the British military. This problem is being experienced right around the western world. There was a report in June that the Australian forces at a minimum requires sixty nine thousand troops. We've reached just eighty percent of that recruitment target. And of course the federal government recently announced they would allow non citizens to serve in the Australian Defense Forces for the first time. And I think there's numbers of reasons for this. I've come up with five. I'll give you three and you can ask for the other two later if you like the first three. But firstly, national identity is continually under attack in the West, and whether it's a diminishing love of country, you're always going to have a diminishing number of people willing to fight for their country.
Speaker 2: Why would you fight for a country you're told is.
Speaker 3: Racist, sexist, illegitimate and then oppressor. Third, immigration, I think is a major issue, especially as it pertains to multiculturalism. We've seen protests on the streets of Melbourne and Sydney this week where you honestly start to wonder, are there people who, yes, they live in this country, but their loyalties like elsewhere, and those loyalties would be tested in the event of conflict. And I'll give you one more. Western nations now are so committed to a welfare state, and a welfare state consumes resources that could otherwise be used and are badly needed when it comes to having a defense force that's capable of being a deterrent. As I said, I've got two more, But let me stop talking.
Speaker 2: What do you think a good idea?
Speaker 4: Look, I will say, though you want to talk about welfare state. If you're looking for an opportunity to get free health care, a roof over your head, you're a young man looking for something to do. The defense force is actually a really good place to go. They look after you really well in terms of that sort of stuff. And the problem, of course is that if you're looking for people to sign up to the ADIR for the force in Britain or any other country, you know, you're not looking for forty five year olds.
Speaker 1: You're looking for young people.
Speaker 4: I was going to say young men, but of course they don't just look for young men anymore. They want young men and women. But you're looking for young people, and it is young people in particular who feel the least likely to go and defend their country because their brains have been infected with all of this anti Australian, anti British, anti Western sentiment. I mean, the IPA here in Australia did a survey a couple of weeks ago that found that of eighteen to twenty four year olds, if Australia was in a similar situation to Ukraine, so you've been invaded and you are at war, only twenty seven percent of eighteen to twenty four year old said that they would stay and fight. Forty eight percent, nearly half of young Australians said they would flee the country. I mean, that's how much national pride young Australians have because they're continually told that you're living on stolen land and it's illegitimate and where racist, and on and on it goes, and who cares because climate change is going to cook us all anyway, So what's the point in defending what is right? In order to defend your country, you have to not only believe in the land on which you live, you have to believe in the culture that you would be asked to defend, and that simply doesn't exist anymore. So why they can't be surprised that people aren't signing up to the defense force. Because if you don't agree with, you don't believe in the ideals of your country, then what is there left to defend?
Speaker 5: And I think immigration is a really strong point here, because especially in England, they have what for years now the country be overrun by illegals or legals and increasingly don't even recognize England as England anymore. I was just astonished by these numbers, because we're talking about a country who has twice our populations fifty six million people in England alone, and yet we're told by this report the British Army is seventy five thousand, one hundred and sixty six regular troops. Is that all They've got one hundred and eighty three thousand on top of that, But then you're counting literally the ADMIN teams and it notes that only eighty thousand of this number in total would be frontline combat boots on the ground type troops. So when we're looking at the tenuous geopolitical situation that we're in on more than one front, this is hair raising and the fact that not only Australia but the UK this is no better.
Speaker 6: In America, trust me, they are also looking at terrible.
Speaker 5: Numbers in terms of recruitment, in terms of retainment in their military right across, whether you're talking air Force, Navy, or army, and you're wondering, how could you have let it get this bad while pushing out all these kinds of policies and kind of directives from the top that do insinuate that, yes, this isn't a nation worth fighting for. We're seeing it in our very own top brass. We're seeing it throughout the institutions.
Speaker 6: Like you say, the kids are like, well, why would I fight for this place?
Speaker 5: It's increasingly not looking like the country that I thought I was being brought up in any way, and we're being told that we're some colonious power that's got everything to apologize for.
Speaker 4: And if you defend your country, you then end up being slandered as some sort of war criminal.
Speaker 1: In the media is a.
Speaker 4: Report written by the ADF saying that you should have your medals taken away.
Speaker 1: I mean, why would you put yourself up for that.
Speaker 4: If everything that happens at war, and we know the fog of war is real, is going to be examined with a fine tooth comb so someone can find fault with you. I mean, the Vladimir Putins and the Jiji Pings of the world must laugh when they wake up every morning looking at the Western world, going look, because they have authoritarian countries, which necessarily mean that you have will have a much larger army because people are indoctrinated the thing that they live in the best country in the world.
Speaker 1: That's the way it works.
Speaker 4: There's no other way to disseminate information that would say that you're living in a bad country.
Speaker 1: But they go look at the West.
Speaker 4: They are literally killing themselves every single day while our armies grow bigger hooray for us.
Speaker 5: The teeth they say we still have seventy at least seventy five more genders than there.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they're really worried on that.
Speaker 2: Pronouns are a weapon. We would absolutely blitch any war.
Speaker 3: You raise a great point, and that is our national broadcaster is continually belitting our defense forces, even to the point where recently they've been accused of doctoring video to show our soldiers in a bad light. That's hardly going to encourage anybody to fight. I watched the ABC report of the protests yesterday, and honestly, you would never have known that the Israelis killed a terrorist. You would have thought he was some amazing humanitarian. And then on top of that, trusting government is at an all time low. And if you're going to go to war, if you're going to send your kids to war, you want to trust that the people making the decisions have got your best interests at heart. But instead they're trying to suppress our free speech. And finally, to your question, Liz, how do we get here? I think we've had a few decades of peace and prosperity where war was the last thing on our minds and it's allowed all these luxury beliefs that only now we're realizing have completely undermined the entire nation. And if ever we were in a tight spot, we suddenly don't have the wherewith to defend ourselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the people in charge of making sure that this never happened of just let it happen on mass This is across the West.
Speaker 6: These are the militaries.
Speaker 5: That should anything go wrong, We're all very much relying on to the States now where we know here when it.
Speaker 6: Comes to the war on free speech.
Speaker 5: We've got our e Safety Commissioner, a world first yae Go Australia. We've got a pending bill combating miss and disinformation. We've also got another pending bill focusing on hate speech. I was about to say free speech. Wow, that's an oxymoll one. But these guys are pumping out this kind of legislation that is designed to limit what you and I can and can't say in our everyday lives as well as online. We make fun of the Scotland's hate speech laws.
Speaker 6: How ridiculous that is.
Speaker 5: You can go to jail for up to seven years for saying the wrong thing.
Speaker 6: Then there's the UK who.
Speaker 5: So similarly belieged obsess with this last year alone carried out over three thousand arrests just of everyday citizens who posted something naughty on their social media. Well, in the States.
Speaker 6: It's a little bit of a problem for them.
Speaker 5: They can't just pass legislation cracking down on free speech because they've got an entire Bill of Rights that was designed to ensure that tyrannical governments simply couldn't do that. They've also got this pesky little thing called the Constitution, in which the First Amendment says that Congress can make no law that a bridges rites to free speech or in the press. And this is a very real problem for a budding tyrannical government who very much wants to be the arbiter of truth. Here's John Kerry. He's talking at a World Economic Forum pow Wow recently and talking about in terms of climate change. He is the US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate They just keep making up these new titles. So he's there in that capacity, and he's saying, what a bomber it is that free speech is so protected in the US, because it's posing a real problem.
Speaker 7: But look, if people go to only one source and the source they go to is sick and you know, as an agenda, and they're putting out disinformation. Our First Amendment stands as a major block to the ability to be able to just hammer it out of existence. So what you need, what we need is to is to win the ground, win the right to govern by hopefully having winning enough votes that you're free to be able to implement change. Democracies around the world now are struggling with the absence of a sort of truth arbiter, and there's no one who defines what the facts really are.
Speaker 5: This guy is literally the Secretary of State. Wanted to make sure I got his former title right, and there he is saying he really wants to violate the Constitution basically because their trillion dollar media empire is being bought low by cat memes and people being able to trade information freely on not only social media platforms, but any other mechanism that free individuals in the United States can utilize. You here him talking there about you know, there's so many places people can go to for their own facts and figures, and how terrible that is.
Speaker 6: And so we need to be able to win.
Speaker 5: The right to crack down on this. They're not even hiding anymore. They are telling you what they intend to do. And we all know that even though they can't pass legislation in the States like they can here sadly to make that happen for themselves. We all know that the censorship is already well and truly alive in America. We've had Zuckerberg admit that he basically paid played his part last election.
Speaker 6: We'd be very naive to believe.
Speaker 5: His then promises that that was never going to happen again, and he was back a change. There's a chase, the Russell brand of social media. This would never happen in this day and age, but these these people who are in charge are making it more and more obvious. This is fully what we intend to do. This is our agenda, and we're going to get there one way, if not one way another.
Speaker 4: We also complained that it's really really hard to govern today because you know, people are able to question readily what we're doing.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 4: That's the point of democracy, Boddy. Represent Entitive democracy is where we the people elect you to represent us and do what we ask you to do. If we're then questioning what you do, whether that be in four years time at an election, or in the meantime in the letters to the editor, or on Facebook or ex or what other social media platform you want to use.
Speaker 1: That is part of the job. I mean, imagine sitting.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just so hard to be in government now. This is terrible because people are questioning what I am saying. When you hear a politician or a bureaucrat open their mouth and say, we lack a truth.
Speaker 1: Arbiter, and that is a problem.
Speaker 4: What they mean is we lack someone who can tell you that what we want you to think is the truth and not what is actually the truth. The problem for them is that information is at people's fingertips like it never has been before, ever since the advent of the Internet in people's homes, and of course then since things like smartphones have become common and whatever. You know, you can look something up anytime of day or night wherever you are. If a politician says something, you can fact check it in real time.
Speaker 1: That is what they hate and what they want to fart against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you, I felt very sorry for John Kerey watching him there pour out his heart about how difficult it is to be an elite in this globalized world because it's just so difficult to control people.
Speaker 2: That the arrogance.
Speaker 3: I mean, he literally said, the only problem we have is the US Constitution.
Speaker 2: If only we can get rid of that.
Speaker 3: To just come out openly and say that just demonstrates how bold they have become and how confident they are that they can keep pushing this stuff through and nothing will stop them. For him to insist we need a referee who can determine what.
Speaker 2: The facts are.
Speaker 3: And I'm wondering who would he have in mind for ref Would it be Liz, Would it be Caleb.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think he's got John Kerry.
Speaker 1: I think it would be one of them.
Speaker 3: So they imagine this dystopian world in which a select group of elite select the news outlets which they control, from which you're allowed to source the facts while suppressing everybody else. And if only we could have that, then the world would just be fine. But you've got to keep in mind this the real threat to democracy. It's Donald Trump, which.
Speaker 2: Is the absolute craziness of this.
Speaker 3: They keep saying Trump while sprouting stuff.
Speaker 2: Like the US Constitution is the biggest problem.
Speaker 4: He also said it is part of our problem, particularly in democracies, in terms of building consensus around any issue. I mean, he's lamenting the fact that they actually live in a democracy. We can't get a consensus because in this bloody democracy thing, people are coming up with different ideas.
Speaker 1: How dare they if only we had a dictatorship.
Speaker 3: As Secretary of Seysier, he did one too many trips to Beijing, I reckon this.
Speaker 2: Indeed, you've got a few too many good ideas.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and you mentioned there Trump being a threat to democracy, which is because we keep hearing this rhetoric. We heard it from Biden, We've heard it from Kamala Harris, you hear it from basically anyone who doesn't like Donald Trump. And that is probably part of what has led to at least two people now trying to kill Donald Trump since he restarted his campaign to be the forty seventh president of the United States. Well Elon Musk, the proprietor of X amongst other things, has taken to his platform to point out that it's not actually Donald Trump who is the threat to democracy. It is the Democrats themselves. You'd think, you know, they're called the Democrats, so they'd be all on board with democracy. But we just heard from John Kerry that he doesn't like the system very much because it.
Speaker 1: Means that people fact check him.
Speaker 4: But Elon Musk has pointed out on x that very few Americans realize that if Trump is not elected, this will be the last election. Now he is using some hyperbole here, but let him continue. He says, far from being a threat to democracy, he is the only way to save it.
Speaker 1: Let me explain.
Speaker 4: If even one in twenty illegals become citizens per year, something that the Democrats are expediting as fast as humanly possible, that would be about two million new legal voters in four years. The voting margin in swing states is often less than twenty thousand votes, so that means if the Democratic quote unquote party succeeds, then there will be no more swing states. Moreover, the Biden Harris administration has been flying asylum seekers who are fast tracked to citizenship directly into swing states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Arizona. It is a sure fire away to win every election. America then becomes a one party state and democracy is over. The only elections will be the Democratic Party primaries. This already happened in California many years ago following the nineteen eighty six amnesty. The only thing holding California back from extreme socialism and suffocating government policies is that people can leave California and still remain in America. Once the whole country is controlled by one party, there will be no escape. Everywhere in America will be like the nightmare that is downtown San Francisco. And we know this is exactly why more than six million people have been allowed to pour over the border illegally, the southern ten million now from Mexico under the Biden Harris administration all the while, and we'll get to this soon. But of course Harris is now saying, oh, I'm going to be tough on the border, and they've been pretending.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, we're going to do something about it. We're going to do so were the borders are.
Speaker 4: The whole point has been to get people into America who eventually the Democrats can turn into citizens. And then well, who are you going to vote for? The people who allowed you into the country or the people who didn't want to let you in in the first place. It is so obvious, and Musk has just turned the debate around said, well, look, you keep talking about threats to democracy. Let's talk about what you're trying to pull off here, and he illustrates it brilliantly.
Speaker 5: And the truth of the matter is it's actually going to happen a lot faster than that, because, as we've covered on this show and others before, these illegals can already.
Speaker 6: Register to vote. Who is the time of the admin power to vet them all?
Speaker 5: You can simply go sign up to vote and then yes, on polling day, actually cast your vote. And it gets worse.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Carmala's Department of Justice, the joke is in the name, is pursuing Alabama for taking over three thousand people off their voter registration polls. Why because these people were found.
Speaker 6: To be illegals.
Speaker 5: They were issued non citizen identification numbers by the Department.
Speaker 6: Of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: You guys aren't legals. You cannot vote in the up and coming election. And now the DOJ is suing Alabama for doing this.
Speaker 6: Now they say.
Speaker 5: It's because you're not supposed to do this less than ninety days out to an election, and that ship has sailed. But surely a Department of Justice worth a pinch of salt would say, look, you're a few days short, but these people are illegals. We don't want them voting in these elections.
Speaker 6: Instead, we literally have.
Speaker 5: An outright admission these guys are trying to cheat.
Speaker 6: That is what this looks like.
Speaker 5: Why would a Department of Justice now go after a state for cleaning up their voter registrations. And let's be clear here, Obama is a dead red state like Alabama. That's who they are, it's what they do it to make They're a famously redneck state. Why would you even bother prosecuting these guys for this unless you're probably trying to send a message to others.
Speaker 6: But this is a government who clearly wants.
Speaker 5: To keep illegals on the voter rolls, and they're doing nothing to hide it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense, does it.
Speaker 3: They say, on the one hand, non citizens won't vote, so you've got nothing to worry about, and on the other hand, we're going to sue to make sure non citizens.
Speaker 2: Stay on the electoral role.
Speaker 3: So clearly there's mixed messages there. As you said, it was only six days they were out in terms of cleaning up and the law. As I understand is to design to stop a mass clean up of the electoral role. This is less than three thousand names, and it would likely.
Speaker 6: Just go over three thousand, two hundred and.
Speaker 3: Presuming not every single one of those is illegal once they sought it through.
Speaker 2: So it's a small number of people.
Speaker 3: And for electoral integrity, especially when there's been debates about you know, was it legitimate the last election and so on, you'd think they would do everything they possibly can to make sure there is no argument.
Speaker 2: You know, when they talk.
Speaker 3: About January six and they want to make sure that there's a smooth handover of power, Well, why wouldn't you when you're in power, and if you're confident that your candidate is the best person, why would you not go to every length possible to make sure the process is squeaky clean and that after November is going to be a peaceful transfer of power and you won't end up in the courts or with something worse.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, Alabama may will have missed the legal deadline by five or six days. Just let that go through to the keeper in the interests of maintaining the veracity of the election, right, I mean, crimes are committed every single day that are never prosecuted because it just wouldn't be worth a police or the DPP's time actually going through with it, because they've got bigger fish to fry. So this was absolutely at the discretion of the Department of Justice.
Speaker 1: They didn't have to follow this up.
Speaker 4: They're not duty bound to do so, but they have done it because they want to send the shot across the bow to anyone else who might dare to now go and try and clean up.
Speaker 1: Their voter roles.
Speaker 4: And I mean being to say the Assistant Attorney General, Kristen Clark said, the right to vote is one of the most sacred rights in our democracy. As election day approaches, it is critical that Alabama redress voter confusion resulting from its list maintenance mailing scent in violation of federal law. You know, it's our most sacred right to vote. And she then goes on about voter confusion. Okay, so if you are on the electoral role but you're not actually legally allowed to be on the electoral role, I'm not sure it's really voter confusion.
Speaker 1: It's frauds. A confusion, is what it is. But they are just so boord faced in attempting.
Speaker 4: We're not even attempting, just doing what they want to do here, which is to get as many possible Democrat voters on the electoral role as possible by any means necessary.
Speaker 3: And they don't care what it does to the electoral systems integrity, but nor do they care what it does to the country. Immigration and Customs Enforcement released figures over the weekend showing that six hundred and sixty two thousand, five hundred and sixty six people with criminal convictions, six hundred thousand people have been admitted into the US, sixty two thousand people with assault convictions, fifty six thousand with drug offenses, fifteen thousand people with sexual assault offenses, fourteen thousand burglars, thirteen thousand people with homicide convictions had been allowed into the US. And clearly this is being done to help the Democrat at the next election, who cares what it does to the fabric of American society. And of course, the great irony on top of all we've just talked about is Kamala Harris is now repositioning herself to be the one.
Speaker 2: To save the day and to secure the border and.
Speaker 3: Make sure everything is going to be okay, despite the fact she's been in charge for the last three and a half years and done absolutely nothing, but the rebranding of Kamala continues apace. She recently released a tweet, how's this for gas lighting the American public? As Attorney General of California, I prosecuted transnational criminal organizations that trafficked guns, drugs, and human beings. I know the importance of safety and security, especially at our border. She could have added in brackets, which is why I allowed thirteen thousand murderers into the country, but she continued, today, I love this. Today I visited the US Mexico border. Hasn't been there much while she's been Vice president of time. Yeah, with an election looming, she visited and spoke with Customs and Border Protection officials about our progress to secure our border and disrupt the flow of a legal fentanyl into our nation. And I can tell you the Border patrol officials were so thankful for her visit, so encouraged by it, and they are full of optimism that this represents a.
Speaker 2: New day for the United States, as.
Speaker 3: Represented by this tweet from the Border Patrol Union.
Speaker 2: Her going to go look at this. This is their response.
Speaker 3: Vice president Harris has ignored the border problem she created for over three years. She goes down there for twenty minutes for a photo op and decides to repeat some of the things the NPBC has said before. But again, where she been for the last three and a half years. Kamala Harris is almost is repositioning herself as the challenger. In fact, her running mate Tim Waltz said the other day, we can't have another four years of this, which was a Freudian slip, of course, because the last four years has been Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: It's almost like he's running against herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, Trump has joked, I've got to get this woman a maga hat because she's now just copying from my playbook. She's going to be strong on the border all of a sudden.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: But again, the Border Union weren't having a bar of this nonsense from Kamala Today in another tweet, they said, we have apprehended over eight million illegal immigrants over the last four years, and now you realize we need by help.
Speaker 6: Thirty days thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Days before the election. So they're making it very well known. We have been frustrated for years. We have begged you for more resources. You have facilitated this invasion by design.
Speaker 6: This is not our fault.
Speaker 5: And don't you dare come down here at two minutes to midnight in your election campaign bid and make everyone think.
Speaker 6: That, oh you're going to turn it around now.
Speaker 5: Now your care thirty eight days out to an election. Now you're saying, oh, yeah, this is my number one issue.
Speaker 6: Do me a favor. Meanwhile, her do oj one state for just being like, hey, we've just.
Speaker 5: Knocked about three than two hundred illegals of our voter registration and they're like nope, not having any of it with one of those jebs.
Speaker 2: To tell here is that she's running as.
Speaker 3: The former attorney general of California, which she finished that job in twenty seventeen, and she's not running on her most recent role as vice president.
Speaker 1: And the borders are, by the way, during her term.
Speaker 6: She visited one Sarena Cayleeb.
Speaker 4: Yes, good point, good point, but you know she visited once until now, I mean this is her second visit to the border.
Speaker 1: She'd visited the border once.
Speaker 4: As borders are when we know that people were sent in to clean up the borders, so it didn't look like there were so many illegal migrants hanging around the joint. And of course part of her thing now is that she said she would bring back the formerly failed border bill, and part of that border bill was to recommence the construction of the wall.
Speaker 1: The wall that.
Speaker 4: She had previously said was an American that she said was nonsense, that she had not support.
Speaker 1: Now she's saying build the wall, and I had to laugh. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I should have thought of this earlier so we could actually bring you the clip. But I played it on the US Report on Friday. The Energy Secretary in the US being asked if it was, of course a Democrat, being so Kamala previously was not in support of the wall, said it was an American. Now she's saying she's going to continue building the wall.
Speaker 1: How is it any different?
Speaker 4: And the Energy Secretary said, well, Donald Trump's version of the wall was nonsense.
Speaker 1: Basically, We're going to build it properly.
Speaker 4: I mean, a wall is a wall, like it's a little bit of a border or of fence or whatever it is to stop people crossing a border. But the Democrats are going to build it biglier and better. And the other thing, of course, to her, remember is that Texas when they tried to put up yes their own fences, barbed wire fences to stop people from crossing from Mexico into Texas, the Biden administration went to court to force them to take the fences down. And now we meant to believe that Harris actually wants to keep building the wall. And when she went down to visit the other day, she was wearing this necklace that is widely believed to be a sixty four thousand US dollar Tiffany necklace.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what you'd wear to.
Speaker 3: Go and visit the sun trying to give the illegals a vision of what's possible.
Speaker 4: I know, you like me can move into a middle class neighborhood with people who really care about their lawn and one day, despite the fact that you can't get three words out straight, end up with a sixty four grand Tiffany necklace and be in the running for presents.
Speaker 6: The worst part is they know that they can do this. Now.
Speaker 5: The Dems can suddenly pretend and make all these ridiculous promises about building a wall and being just as tough illegal immigration as that Trump campaign is promising to be, because they know the damage is already done. As further story the tweet we just read you from Elon Musk crunching the numbers, the damage has already done. You've got over ten million illegals that have flooded into the country, many of them directly into key swing states. These guys have already short up their future success and now now they can say no, no, we genuinely will be tough on the border.
Speaker 3: On her claim that you know, as prosecutor, I prosecuted all these illegals, well, she was only able to prosecute illegals because someone provided the resources and the policy for law enforcement to do their job. So she shouldn't get any credit for that either.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Well, they used to call her Kamala the Coop, and then that all sort of disappeared when she went off to be a rep. And now she's tough on the border again. Good luck to you, Good luck to you. While we're talking about Kamala Harris, Sir, her husband Doug im Hoff, of course, is often seen standing behind her. He does his dues and just sort of, you know, looks like he's the handbag, which is his role of course in this situation. But he fronted up for an interview with Jen Saki, who you might remember was a former speaking Doctors White House spin doctor for Joe Biden. She is now on American television and she's interviewing Doug asking him, you know, you potentially.
Speaker 1: Being the first first.
Speaker 4: Man of the United States and the first second man of the United States, you are reshaping masculinity.
Speaker 8: Important part of an interesting part of how people have talked about your role here is how your role has reshaped the perception of masculinity. And I'm not sure you've planned on that, but you are an incredibly supportive spouse. Has that been an evolution for you? And do you think that's part of the role you might play as first Gentleman's funny.
Speaker 1: I've started to think a lot about this. I've always been like this. My dad was like this. Your dad was like what what does he mean?
Speaker 4: My dad was like this newsflash, man supports wife, it's breaking news.
Speaker 1: Can you believe he's doing it?
Speaker 4: But he may well actually be reshaping masculinity When you look at some of the blokes who are supporting Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 4: You remember the day you lost your dignity when you filmed that?
Speaker 1: To put it up on TikTok or wherever it goes. What are you sitting around at night?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think I'm reshaping masculinity is the potential?
Speaker 1: First jed, what does he want to be?
Speaker 3: In response to that interimate, someone wrote on social media, if any man is influenced by this guy, then they weren't a man.
Speaker 2: To begin with.
Speaker 3: I thought it was very good, but I mean, the Democrats can't tell you what a woman is.
Speaker 2: So how do they know what a man?
Speaker 3: In this way to be able to redefine masculinity.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of Feta energy there in that interview.
Speaker 5: Very strong, very strong vibes in an American first, now staying in America, and some good news for humanity. In my humble opinion, this is how we win in an American first. Young men are now more religious than young women.
Speaker 6: Check this out.
Speaker 5: A quote from the New York Times says, for the first time in modern American history, young men are now more religious than their female peers. They attend services more often and are more likely to identify as religious. Another article puts it thus, gen Z men pour into church pews more often than women, flipping the trend on faith. What's the Lord doing well, whatever's happening?
Speaker 6: More of this, please.
Speaker 5: Because as we've discussed with these young men, this phenomenon of young men being drawn to Islam and these really hardcore faiths, it seems the same is happening with Christianity here in this society, in this day and age that we've created in the West, where everything is identity less, your religion is meaningless, it's all just a pile of nonsense.
Speaker 6: Your gender can change on a whim.
Speaker 5: Family, patriotism, nationalism, everything's.
Speaker 6: Been thrown out the window.
Speaker 5: Young people are going looking for meaning purpose in their lives, and the more they turn to the religion, so much the better.
Speaker 6: I say.
Speaker 4: Well, it's interesting though, because it's young men going to church as opposed to young women. Women are turning away from the church. So the Good Lord is baggering things up a little bit before we all's chairs.
Speaker 5: No, no, we don't know that that's happening. We just know now that there's more men than they used to be. So it doesn't suggest that they.
Speaker 4: Say suggest the reporting is saying that there is a decrease in women going to church and an increase in men going to church. I think it's least about the religion itself. It's about the fact that as a culture we have demonized men and masculinity to the point where young men in particular feel raddleus and they're looking for something to hold on to because in a world that now tells them that their place in the world as a man is invalid, that somehow inherently as part of being a man, they're probably going to want to beat their future partner that everything that makes them a man, their strength, their want to protect family and country, etc.
Speaker 1: Is bad.
Speaker 4: They need to find something to anchor themselves to. I suspect that is why young men in particular would be flocking to religion, because in the absence of anything else, they're very being being challenged.
Speaker 1: They need something to believe.
Speaker 2: I think that's definitely true.
Speaker 3: Popular culture basically teaches young men that they are effeminate, weak and immature and keeps them that way, and they're discovering the Bible actually upholds the value of women and men, and the Bible actually celebrates the differences between the two whilst admit that both are equally made in the image of God.
Speaker 2: The other thing I think that is appealing.
Speaker 3: To young men, and I've spoken to a lot of people in media and politics lately who say we've started going to church for the first time, and when I ask them why, they say, because over the last number of years, we've realized evil is real and we are convinced maybe there is more to this world than what we're seeing with it, and so we're open to spiritual things. And I think young men in particular, I'm looking at what's happening in the world right now and thinking, you know what, I'm open to exploring and understanding if there's something more going on and that I think is probably contributing as well.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll.
Speaker 3: Look at what's making news tomorrow, including the mayor of Alice Springs has taken on a part time second job in order to pay the bills that's.
Speaker 2: Coming up in just a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow. We'll start with the Courier mail who are counting down Caleb to the state election.
Speaker 4: Indeed, as are most queenslander Is because they can't get away to get rid of that giggling little bugger on the front of the paper. There. Yeah, but they say tomorrow first strike medi Scare countdown begins with union's fear campaign over health privatization. Gee, where have we heard this one before? Around Hollensland's largest union has launched a medi scare style campaign that falsely claims the LNP plans to privatize health services. Ahead of Premier Stephen Miles firing the starter's gun on the official election campaign today with twenty five days to go, I mean, you know, the desperation to pull out medi scare again, which, of course Bill Shorten tried on back in twenty nineteen. He then ended up losing the unlosable election. It may have had nothing to do with medi Scare. But like truth in advertising, and we talk about misinformation and disinformation laws that the federal government wants to include, they're not going to come after political speech or political.
Speaker 1: Campaigns, are they.
Speaker 4: So you can go around saying that your opposition candidate killed their dog and whatever else, and there's no repercussions for that whatsoever. But of course if you go on social media and say something, you're in the firing line. I mean, while you can spell they're going to privatize all the medical services.
Speaker 1: It's rubbish.
Speaker 3: The poles are so bad their electoral strategy, clearly from this point is just throw as much mud against the wall as they possibly can and if some of it sticks, well, good luck to them. Because before it was Madi scared. Do you remember last week? I think it was that they were warning the LNP are going to ban abortion, women's rights are going to be trashed, and the l ANDP have never suggested doing any such thing. Now they do have numbers of MPs who are pro life, but they haven't put forward as a policy position to end abortion.
Speaker 2: It's just more mud against the wall.
Speaker 3: That's all Steven Miles has pretty much got at this point.
Speaker 5: Indeed, and in the same article in which that's featured, there's a direct reprieve from Chris A. Fooley saying no such thing is going to be happening, much like this article in The Career mal which says that these claims are baseless. There's an advertising blitz on social media that the LMP is planning to privatize health services.
Speaker 6: It's completely bases.
Speaker 5: As Rod's Bates, the opposition Health Minister has pointed out, Labor and the unions can't even get their scare campaigns straight, so you're quite right. They're genuinely just making up whatever's going to make headlines, scare enough ignorant Queenslanders into voting labor at the polls, and it's just a bunch of lives.
Speaker 3: I reckon Queenslanders would be happy with this new strategy from the Males government because go back a couple of weeks prior to all of this and they were just throwing money left, right and center. So better throw mud than money, because that's cheaper for taxpayers. Let's go to the Northern Territory News where the headline reads pay pressure, wage review push as Northern Territory mayor takes on a second job. Sure, I don't think that's a bad idea for our federal politicians. Imagine if they all had second jobs where they had to actually go and do real working.
Speaker 5: Around at Bunny that's in Aisle five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, the article reads, after revelations Ali Springs mayor has taken on a second job, questions around the low wages of mayors and councilors in the Northern Territory have been raised.
Speaker 2: There's calls now for how lack of.
Speaker 3: Benefits for elected members meant the sector would struggle to attract good candidates. Now, Matt Patterson is the al Springs mayor. He's been the mayor since twenty twenty one, when he was elected at age thirty. He's an electrician by trade, so I am imagining he's doing some some cashies jobs as a sparky. The mayor's wage at twenty twenty two twenty twenty three was eighty seven six hundred dollars. It's not a great wage, So look after the mayor if you're going to be the mayor of Alice Springs, given the money to do the job, so he doesn't have the moonlight fixing people's fuses.
Speaker 4: It's not unprecedented for mayors to also have other jobs. I know when I was covering councils in Adelaide that there were a few mayors that did have other jobs, including in the public service, that were quite well paid.
Speaker 1: So you got your little top up on top of that and how bad we.
Speaker 2: All the problems in Alice Spring But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like it's it's a hands on job being the air of Alice Springs. And if you're just an ordinary counselor in Alice Springs and you know, far be from me usually to say that councilors deserve anything, but just as an ordinary counselor. In twenty twenty two to twenty three it was fifteen thousand, seven hundred dollars. And you know, and that is like you, as a councilor, you are working full time in another job anyway, unless you're retired or a stay at.
Speaker 1: Home or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: But to then get fifteen grand to do all the stuff that you have to do as a counselor, sending mail outs to residents, doing all the stuff that you've got to do, that is not a lot of money. If you want them to be hands on, you do actually have to pay them to be hands on. And that's why I like the system they have in Queensland where they have much larger councilors.
Speaker 1: I mean the Brisbane Council. It covers pretty much, yeah, it's covers pretty much all of Greater Brisbane. It's got more than a million people in it.
Speaker 4: Consequently, it has the money and wherewithal to run the public transport system up there as opposed to the state government. And the counselors are on about two hundred grand a year and they work full time, they have portfolios, They actually look after stuff and do stuff, rather than the piddly stuff that we expect counselors to do across the rest of the country.
Speaker 5: At the front page of the Canberra Times and we learn yet more about the fact that our government is not about transparency at all.
Speaker 6: Gag clauses on rise.
Speaker 5: The splash reads lawyers and alleged victims of workplace bullying and abuse in the public sector.
Speaker 6: So the Commonwealth is.
Speaker 5: Using confidentiality clauses to silence those who have been mistreated Gordon Legal, head of Industrial Law Marcus Clayton, who runs employment law cases for victims of bullying, sexual assault and harassment in the public and private sectors, said it was quote very common end quote for Commonwealth employers to insert secrecy clauses in settlement agreements. He goes on to say the effect of the two together he's talking about also separately a non disparagement clause, the effect of the two together is to gag to silence the complainant. I thought they were all about transparency. I thought someone who had suffered bullying and sexual harassment while on the taxpayer dime and employed by somebody else on the taxpayer dime would be able to tell their story.
Speaker 6: So we can ferret this out and all be.
Speaker 5: Rightly outraged and stand by the victims. No, no, just gag clauses, non disparagement clauses and.
Speaker 6: A nice little settlement paypacket. Thank you very much. Please don't say anything ever about this.
Speaker 2: Goodbye. I agree with your sentiment.
Speaker 3: My only question is when you're talking about bullying and harassment are they're often great areas where you know you wouldn't prove it in a court of law.
Speaker 2: So therefore, all right, look, we will pay you.
Speaker 3: But in return you agree we don't speak of this again, and that arrangement is done because it's a little bit gray and there's not an outright acknowledgment on either side of what's actually happened.
Speaker 1: It's also done for the protection of the department.
Speaker 4: And this goes on in the private sector all the time as well, as it's not like it's unique to government. But I think the point is that if the federal government then wants to go and complain about how people are treated in the private sector, then they need to look inwardly first before they start making those complaints very quickly, before we go to the break on the front of The Australian tomorrow, it says anger in Heartland and Alpe to blame.
Speaker 1: The face of Australia's largest liberties.
Speaker 4: Muslim organization has questioned Pennywong's fitness to serve and said labor had itself to blame for Muslim voters abandoning it as he encouraged people to vote with their conscience amid pro Palestine dependence looking.
Speaker 1: To topple the alp Oh.
Speaker 4: I've got a spare of thought for poor old Penny Wong here. You know, on one side she's copying it from supporters of Israel. He say, look, woman, you have equivocated on this the whole damn time. And then the Musulims are joining in as well, saying you've equivocated on this the whole damn time. The problem is, of course, when you try to sit on the fence, you get splinters, and that is what Pennywong is starting to discover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so give us some credit. She's managed to unite the country. Everybody agree, doing a terrible job and should go. We're going to go to a break when we come back. Donald Trump, says Kamala Harris is mentally deficient. The media are out age, but people just seem to love Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Will show you in just a second, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump keeps saying outrageous things, but Liz, it doesn't seem to affect his popularity.
Speaker 5: It's certainly going well in Alabama, where he was for a college football game recently. Check out the crowd's reaction when they realize as Donald J. Trump was in the stadium and the crowd goes a while at the dead red state for a reason. I'm sure he knew he was going to receive a very resounding reception there. He was also at a rally recently where he basically summed up the problems of the nation over the last almost four years in one simple little joke.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden became mentally impaired.
Speaker 5: Kamala was born that way?
Speaker 1: Where's the light?
Speaker 6: Where's the lie?
Speaker 1: How is he wrong?
Speaker 5: He's just saying what everybody thinks, but he's too polite to say.
Speaker 6: Trust Trump to troll.
Speaker 3: The crazy thing is that media are more upset about that comment and they are about the damage that Kamala Harris has done to the country.
Speaker 4: I know exactly, and the damage that Biden has done to the country while for the better part of four years they propped.
Speaker 1: Him up while he clearly had dementia.
Speaker 4: Anyway, very quickly before we go, I want to give the yae for the day to Adam Vonderhoff, who owns the Griffins Hotel in the Adelaide CBD. He has come through and every day hero recognizing the problems with the cost of living, and he is cutting the prices in his pub. I know he's a sky viewer. Adam, if you're watching, good luck to you mate. I've enjoyed his hospitality before. The Schnitzels have gone from twenty eight bucks out of twenty four hand goods that and they have capped the cost of everything on the menu at thirty dollars. The most expensive thing on the menu is a Porterhouse steak for thirty dollars and some beers have been slashed from eleven dollars fifty to seven dollars fifty. I mean, where can you get a pint of beer for seven dollars fifty anymore? This bloke deserves anam because he's come through for the people of Adelaide.
Speaker 3: Great Australia. That's it from US stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the Reader Penny Show.