Speaker 1: We got morning every day Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the podcast where we just knuckle down. We drill down on the most important topics, and that is how often do happy couples have? Oh? Uncomfortable saying that word? But this is the podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it is a podcast. I normally say mommy and daddy time on there on here, but this is the podcast. Yeah, how often are you rooting?
Speaker 2: You said the word? That's too extremely even for the podcast. Oh is it?
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Do we have to bleep it?
Speaker 4: Okay, too late now?
Speaker 2: I enjoy here at Novan, particularly on Jodi and Hazy. We like to answer the big, big questions. For example, how often do happy couples have sex? That's what you want? On? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How often are they doing it?
Speaker 2: Two thousand couples in happy long term relationships have revealed how often they actually get it on. They found that the couples had been together for a minimum of ten years had sex seven times a month on average. That's almost twice a week, right, twice a week? Almost twice a week? What whoops, didn't mean to press that sound effect. I'll go with the other one seems to be stuck. Almost two times a week.
Speaker 1: No way, he's got the energy for that.
Speaker 5: I've always said that mummy daddy time is like going for a run around the block.
Speaker 2: Like it's painful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't want to get.
Speaker 2: You don't want your say.
Speaker 1: No, you don't want to do it, But then afterwards it feels pretty good.
Speaker 2: Pretty good. You hate yourself during, it feels much better afterwards. All right, Just imagine yourself in this situation, wherever you are, I mean third and twenty four to ten, or even a texto foruba nine one nine nine one nine, Where do you sit on this scale? Because I think Jodi and I can safely say that we're in a particular bracket, particularly given the earliness of this job, but also eight month pregnant wife. Yeah, I can only imagine, and I'm thinking from cars of course. Yeah, if I was in I couldn't think of anything worse on me all over. You should teach.
Speaker 5: You do go through a stage though, when you're pregnant, that you do get a little bit toey.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't last long, okay, yeah, and then you really get over it, and then of course you have children, and then the possibility of being able to relax to be doing the deep Oh my god, I can, and like I always say to my husband, are you joking? There are little people everywhere in his house? No, categorically not.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Has there been some sort of incident in the Aady household where potentially one of the kids has been scarred for a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely there has. There was one occasion.
Speaker 5: There was one occasion when Peyton walked in and she was like, what are you doing, mom? And Greg said I'm just looking for my sock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then said we don't got to find in that, dad, which was out righteous. See. I remember, I'm so scared of it as well, because that was one of my most distinct childhood memories. So I remember finding a little tree frog in the toilet.
Speaker 1: You of course grew up on a farm.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so there's frogs and all sorts of world and was all over the place, but this particular trade for I'm just remember going I need to show dad. I have to show dad, And I remember going in and forcing the door open. Thing it's so strange that there's a chair blocking it. I got my way through and then still didn't really understand what was going on, but it was a frog it was a frog that was absolutely shocked out of it. Slash. You should have heard it. The frog was like, take the toilet.
Speaker 5: Incidentally, your dad was shopping your mom.
Speaker 2: The frog was like, you're not to fight in the hair bill. Really, what if away from a holiday with what if dot com? You could go to the dentist or the kids' sports. But what if it was a weekend on the coast instead.
Speaker 5: Book hotels, holiday rentals, apartments and more.
Speaker 2: What if it's Ozzie for travel.
Speaker 1: Here's what you're waking up to, Adelaide.
Speaker 2: The news today, reaking news? What's news today? Those news Because sometimes Joe's you wake up and you're like, oh my gosh, particularly mixed with daylight savings, my brain is just scrammed. But what are the bits of news that we need to know?
Speaker 1: Let us just sort that out for you this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, top three bits of news that week in our opinions professionally, Yeah, that we think you need to know. And let's start with the guru the best and that is news for read to Abby.
Speaker 6: Good morning, out, good morning.
Speaker 7: Obviously, we had a big thunderstorm across the night, so if you're heading to work, you might want to leave a little bit earlier because we have a heap of power outages across the city. So there's still twenty five thousand homes of businesses without power, but it's also impacting a heap of traffic lights across the city all the way from Hackam no Longer and up to Port Adelaide Regency Park, So if you are driving on the roads, just be careful. I still don't have a figure for how many lightning strikes there were, but I'll try and get that. What's the bureau wakes up and wants to answer my cool, But yeah, it was a pretty wild night and your dogs may not have been affected, but mine were.
Speaker 6: So shout out to Tankentre for keeping me up all night.
Speaker 1: What did your little sausage dogs do?
Speaker 7: So they came and run around before I even heard anything. They've run around and I could hear them whining at my window, and I thought, oh, that's weird. And all of a sudden, there was this massive bang, and because I was home on my own, I absolutely crapped myself. And then I had to go and get them and bring them inside, and they slept with me because.
Speaker 4: I was scared.
Speaker 7: They did they sh they were pretty Yeah, let them in and they were losing their minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd sell what any excuse for Toria makes some noise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 7: She almost got run over the other week because she ran out and started barking at a family walking pass, So I'm selling her.
Speaker 6: In the process of.
Speaker 2: Very good news.
Speaker 5: Craig McCrae is a dad again. I'm just doing a little bit of research here. I think it's for the third time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: Previously married and then he had two kids there and then he had a new baby on Saturday from final day Saturday morning. Yeah, and guess what Craig McCrae has called his little baby.
Speaker 2: Jeez, I kind of Maggie Maggie and then Maggie Magpie.
Speaker 5: And I didn't make that connection when I first heard it this morning. I was like, Maggie, that's cute name, and then I thought of the Simpsons, and then someone said hang on as in Magpie.
Speaker 2: I went on, God, wow, maybe there's some room as well that if Chris Fagan was to have a baby on the same day, he was probably going to call his child. But it was a boy or girl Rory the lines.
Speaker 7: Yet it it's not joke off, hazy warm enough, hang him there. Shout out to his wife, though she went to the celebrations obviously after they won the Grand finals. So she given birth in the morning and then was dressed in hair done, and like, what an amazing woman.
Speaker 5: Gosh, that's crazy crazy. I did go to I did go A couple of days after I had one of my many children.
Speaker 1: I went to a wedding up in the hills.
Speaker 6: Did you Okay, that's an effort and a half.
Speaker 2: Should you have done that?
Speaker 1: I'd had I had some drugs, so I was okay.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, there you go. I mean, let's not do anything that's going to get you put in jail. I mean, were such an open space, A careful jo susy wedding. I guess who's gets set to tour North America and a few other countries as part of a Christmas tour. Yeah, oh no, only about a month and abers and so we hear this song reasonably frequently.
Speaker 7: It's defrosting as we speak, has just been taken out the freezer.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, out with some stats.
Speaker 2: I mean, if anyone knows the sort of royalties that she makes in such a short amount of time from that song per year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a fun statter, phenomenal.
Speaker 5: But what about that first time when you walk into like Koles at the Avenues and you go, oh go and there it is, here, it is here, it is, there's Maria.
Speaker 2: It starts and it's like, I know, get it off. No, there you go, and.
Speaker 5: Then it just makes you want to do your weekly grocery shop that much quicker.
Speaker 1: So you can get out.
Speaker 7: All right, here's some starts for you. Some estimate that she makes up to three million per year. By twenty twenty three, she's likely earned over seventy five million from the song alone.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: From one song boom wow and also for you the best thank you.
Speaker 2: You just had those stats locked away in your brain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tells you everything you need to know.
Speaker 1: She is that rich. Why did she marry that pack a guy?
Speaker 2: Because he's gorgeous James Backett and gorgeous news in the same sentence.
Speaker 1: That's the first time.
Speaker 2: That's what you get with post news news. All right, good stuff.
Speaker 6: Now, that's a job.
Speaker 2: That's a joke. That's a job, job, a terrible job traditionally on a Monday. But we thought, you know, the joke. Off's not getting a week off. No, she shifted over to a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: She doesn't get to rest, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: I'm working on the theory this morning that if you show enough shiesn' at a wall, some of it will stick. So I'm going to go with a couple of jokes just to see if one of them lands.
Speaker 1: Andrew Hayes you ready, well.
Speaker 2: January, Usually it's about quality over quantity, but.
Speaker 1: Here we are not today. Okay, you ready for this?
Speaker 5: Okay, guys, the world tongue twister champion just got arrested, and I hear they're going to give him a really tough sentence. Do you get it? One more stupid one and then you guys can pick your favorite. I don't mind, all right. I used to be addicted to the hokey bogy, but then I turned myself around.
Speaker 2: That's what it's all about, ladies.
Speaker 1: Joe, It's okay, it's all right. That's how I'm feeling off for the weekend.
Speaker 2: So we might build up to Abby's because we're hearing on the grapevine. That's good. A bit of a walker.
Speaker 6: It's a little spicy, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Spicy, which is nice, guys, I've got a mate who's in and out of love, always searching for the right one. He actually sent me this text other day. He said, sad news. I broke up with my girlfriend Lorraine because I was seeing another girl named clear Lee. But the good news is that I can see clearly now Lorrain has gone.
Speaker 6: Learn from you. That might be your best one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a mold laughing about it. That's your best word there half all right? Kay?
Speaker 7: So guys, my boyfriend said to me over the weekend that adult cuddles are better on holidays.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to get a postcard from him while he was away.
Speaker 4: Delivery too, Yeah it was nice.
Speaker 6: We're getting better.
Speaker 1: We're getting better six months in.
Speaker 5: She's not.
Speaker 1: That's all about the delivery.
Speaker 2: Alright, sens a text your best Joe, kick us off and choose for double nine My nine of course can course. Thirteen twenty four ten Tom Renn is away.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's in BALI how dare he?
Speaker 2: I'm going to step half give you sports trap next.
Speaker 5: Nice And Rennie's done that thing too, that really irritating thing where he posts his tropical holiday pictures and we're all over grow.
Speaker 2: It just makes sense, doesn't already It started at a really really positive spot.
Speaker 1: I don't know who slipped the horse in there, but AnyWho.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that was Zoey. Oh my very goodness, what a weekend it was. Let's talk about the piste is.
Speaker 3: In the final.
Speaker 2: Lot of people seeing that over the week, and there's Pie supporters absolutely everywhere, particularly in all the cracks and crevices. They came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Like little cockroaches.
Speaker 2: He's just coming out of nowhere. So congratulations of the Pies. Got to say that was a perfect game of football.
Speaker 5: It was an unbelievable Grand Final and it was so tense the entire game you just thought no one knew which way it was going to swing. However, I will say, how on earth that umpire called advantage when there was none? And the dying stages of that game, Yeah, I don't reckon.
Speaker 1: Enough's been spoken about that.
Speaker 2: I think people were getting sick of whacking the umpires because it's like, what are we gonna do? We're just going to whack the umpires each and every week, And this is what I'll say about that. So I used to always be like, oh, just give them a bit of a break. And now it's hard not to give them a bit of a break, But why don't you whack the AFL instead. By they should be feeding the umpires more money so they don't have to do this mixed with their other jobs. They can be like the other professional sports where it's your full time job to be a professional umpire.
Speaker 1: To a good point, and without the umpires, there is no.
Speaker 2: Game exactly right, we all said, Jason saying that bloody umpires. Seriously, how hard is it? The other thing we need to talk about as well, of course, is the entertainment somewhat i'd say controversial. With the Kiss were on board, I reckon, I loved it. It just sort of gave you vibes that maybe you'd be like, Okay, it's still a big a because it's Kiss. But they're obviously potentially I say this with all due respect, past their prime. And you wondered if they were just going to go out there and you go, what did we just pay for? Did we just get another repeat of Meatloath?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah, I thought it was I'm not really a massive Kiss fan, but I just thought the entertainment value was spectacular and just have all those kids out there. I just think what an experience for those little ones to be performing dressed up as Kiss on Grand Final Day.
Speaker 1: That's something that we'll live with them forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, and the kids absolutely made it halftime entertainment. Of course, Hunnas and collectors. Mark's seem were very, very good. I'm not sure about the pairing with him and Kate Miller Hydeki.
Speaker 1: You're pretty harsh about that during the song.
Speaker 2: So here's the filtered version. I just don't think that their tones met like they would if it was more of a let's say, rocket chick. Sure that makes sense, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to have your own opinion.
Speaker 2: Let's go to our abs in the newsroom. You no doubt you would have cast your judgmental eye over the entertainment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm with you for once. I agree with you on that back end. Yeah, Kate, I've seen her in concert and she does have an amazing voice, like she's beautiful, but I think on her own, like she's great on her own, And yeah, I didn't think it was a good pairing. It was like the wow goodness, but Kiss, I loved it.
Speaker 6: I thought it was great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had to sort of rock away in the car because I was still driving at that point, but yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 6: I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, theme song coming out of Brisbane as we speak, the Brisbane saying goodbye to an AFL premiership, and.
Speaker 6: My heart is crushed for them.
Speaker 1: I know it might well. You and i've both spent some time coins.
Speaker 5: Then. My mom's down from Brisbane and she was devastation on the wakend because.
Speaker 1: When they lost the AFL.
Speaker 5: She's like, Broncos a win tomorrow in which they look like doing to the last hour level.
Speaker 2: But the Broncos were overwhelmingly not favorites and we're supposed to do that easy. But there you go. Interesting stuff. Good weekend. If you got a big old fat bill as well that you want us to pay because you overdid it off weekend, Hopefully you've registered by the overplane. We could give you a call next yep. Yeah, Look, if we were even score, then the score would be nine to three. And I know what you're thinking about there, ladies and gentlemen, how the hell did I drop three? Let's see what the pressure that comes with this unbelievable streak that I've just been on. It's just so now I'm starting to feel like, oh man, I've got to deliver each and every week. This is what it feels like to be guys like Lebron James. Yeah, I could only imagine. Yeah, you just assume great to see every single time. Yeah right, I just getting the feelings well that no one's going for me.
Speaker 1: No, no one is.
Speaker 5: If you're sitting in your car thinking how stupid I am for not being able to play this game, can you just it is very different sitting here behind the microwave.
Speaker 2: Microwave, it's already one secret, Jody. What's that fluffy thing in front of you microwave?
Speaker 8: Shut up?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm just saying there's a lot of pressure sitting here. Okay, cut me some slack.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's go to Glenn Elgin Beverly. Are you confident being on Jodie's dad.
Speaker 5: Absolutely confident.
Speaker 9: We've got the Just take a deep breath.
Speaker 2: We've got it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is going to give you much confidence, Bed, but we had to have a crisis meeting during the week because of Jodie's form you mentioned earlier the show. All the big dogs were there. It was headlined by Lucky Murdoch, who was not happy.
Speaker 1: By the way I get it.
Speaker 2: That's too one side.
Speaker 1: So do you think Beverly can help me?
Speaker 5: Do you think maybe Beverly could jump in at some point if I can't get it?
Speaker 6: Beverly?
Speaker 1: Okay, your name is your Buzzer, so it's Beverly and be Hazy. Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 2: If you get if you get the feeling, Bev and don't jump in and be like, oh it's Michael Wave, just jump.
Speaker 10: In a.
Speaker 2: Hey and and from too, well, she's on my side. Hey, buddy, how are you, mate? I'm good, Thanks mate, Hey, you just sit back and enjoy the show, my friend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well mate, all the pressure's on now mate. You're talking yourself up a bit.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: I think we're ready to go. Are you happy? Producers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm nervous. I'm very nervous.
Speaker 2: You're nervous because you desperately want Jody.
Speaker 1: To We need it, luck him, I said, all right, So the integrity I.
Speaker 10: Was always named your brother Buzzer and over hits orchestralized BEV also at the ready, Yeah, let's go song number one post, let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting this singing.
Speaker 1: I know it?
Speaker 2: Why not too?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Still?
Speaker 8: Fred?
Speaker 1: Help best?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: I need a song name and.
Speaker 5: That's it. Continue listening on the phone.
Speaker 4: Come on, guys, don't Johnny start niggy but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, start.
Speaker 3: Singing.
Speaker 2: They're still feeling it. Now you've got that what I'm guys can start? This is it? This is it?
Speaker 1: Can we call it now?
Speaker 2: All right? This is to win you guys, get this and you stop it.
Speaker 1: Stop doing that. I know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: The pressure. Oh my gosh, to end the draft. Let's got a song number two. You don't know you're beautiful. That's wrong.
Speaker 5: It's it's not quite the name, hazy, it's not the name beautiful.
Speaker 1: One direction. That's what makes you beautiful.
Speaker 2: One direction, that's what makes you beautiful. Unfortunately, correct me if I'm wrong. No, no, no, correct me if I'm wrong. If you say the wrong answer, you're done. You can't then jump in with.
Speaker 1: The right and you're still wrong.
Speaker 2: What is it what makes you beautiful?
Speaker 4: You are both close. I'm not paying it. It's still one one nil.
Speaker 2: Kelly's alright, I'm going for draw now. There's still for a wind, right, now you're golden chance.
Speaker 4: We last song three?
Speaker 2: Sorry, let me pull that down there. Sorry, it's.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Can you go the song?
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing.
Speaker 7: Pause the pressure on the first song.
Speaker 5: Can you please turn it up so I can actually hear the songs? Don't have a care to ask my gosh, it is Lilia Rodrigo.
Speaker 1: But that makes it one meal for me, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Because incredible scenes here. They thought it would never happen on the Panthers you because I always it's somehow, you said, George la Wara winning.
Speaker 5: The Beverly we got there, so your contribution early to where you just went.
Speaker 2: And and I'm so sorry. I'll tell you what you're gonna start. Let's talking more answering.
Speaker 6: After what's the scoring now?
Speaker 2: Guys, I don't think you remember that. It's still quite comprehensive. Keep doing Keep doing what you're doing, mate, what you're doing?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: You go? Who the thoughts? Not me?
Speaker 11: Not me?
Speaker 2: Not me. I had a lot of money writing on this as well. We've brought news reader Abby into the studio. Come going to you, Abs, good morning, because you are the victim. I feel like we've all been the victim in this particular team is sometimes where people just spell your name wrong and you're such a lovely, lovely soul that you just keep quiet. He just digest that anger, and you wouldn't be vocal about it at all.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't thought there would be no expression on your face either.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, for the longest time, I was spelling his name A double B I R B F. Of course RBS standing for rest of face.
Speaker 7: Technically that's correct though, because I do you have LBF anyway. Yeah, So basically my name gets spelled it's ridiculous adeble b y adele b i E, which obviously you can spell abb like that. I've had like ab double e y. I've had a b I Oh my god, I've had some pearlers. But the funny thing is is that Mum and dad when they named us, everyone's like, oh, so, what are you naming them? And they took days to actually announce what our names were because they went home and they sat down and they wrote them out to make sure that, you know, you couldn't stuff them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, anyway, F So.
Speaker 2: There you go. So I would always get if it's hazy, it is h A y E s y. People get the they put the Y and the S and it's so the E and the S around the wrong way. Not a big deal. But Jody, you get yours said the wrong way all the time.
Speaker 5: Well, Jody can be j O D I j O D Y or as mine spelled j O D I E. But I get I just I only get annoyed when it's people I've worked with for like.
Speaker 1: Fifteen years and they missed on my name. I had a boss once.
Speaker 5: That continually, like the big boss misspelled my name, and I'm like, is that like symbolic of how I am to this company or how important I am to this company?
Speaker 2: It feels like that, doesn't it? And up until June as well, I actually thought it was Josie.
Speaker 6: I think you're right, Jerdy. It's the respect thing.
Speaker 7: If you work with somebody and you're emailing them constantly, fine, that's like pr people in the email meet, Fine if they get it wrong, if they go like a blind email, get it wrong off the bat, that's fine.
Speaker 6: But then you're going to email.
Speaker 7: Back and it's going to have your signature there and it says your name there, so double check.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, people also like if someone's asking me to do something. It's like, you're sending me this email and you're misspelling my name, but you want me to do you a favor.
Speaker 1: Don't even have the courtesy to check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started poorly having it. I know for producer Zoe as well. If I give you the hot tap, if you throw a y said, she will absolutely launch into a different status.
Speaker 5: This reminded me of a story that Tenues first did at Prospect not so long ago, and there was no journalist there. There was just the most beautiful camera man in the world. He's amazing. His name is Matt Bonza. He puts out fires and he flies planes. He's like he's wow.
Speaker 2: So and the pilot.
Speaker 5: Yes, he is single, very much not single anyway, he as is customary when you interview someone, you get them to say their name on camera first, okay, and so you can get the spelling right and you can't mess it up.
Speaker 1: Have a listen to this woman spell out her name.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Sman.
Speaker 2: Yes. Do you want my full lame?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: My full lam is choma k U M me s A M G S E. I read are you in there?
Speaker 4: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: And by that stage Matt's on the ground convulsion.
Speaker 7: Okay, so surely wouldn't like have a stage name, like, yeah, let's condense that. We're sorry, but we're in Australia and we condense everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My my.
Speaker 5: Mother in law is Indonesian and she heard just her Australian name is Jimmy there.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that works, doesn't it. It's easier, isn't it. No one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was amazing, wasn't it. How many letters did you end up counting?
Speaker 1: Producer? How many letters there were?
Speaker 2: There's a few in there.
Speaker 1: I can't count that high.
Speaker 2: Okay, the tens of tens, which is outrighteous thirteen twenty four to ten? What name do you have that everyone gets wrong consistently? It pretty frustrated, so many different variations of some For example, producer Emily, I was calling it Gemmily for a long time.
Speaker 7: My sister tamro gets cam. She gets Tamara a lot and a but she used to get camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, camera, the whole camera crows.
Speaker 1: Give us a call. If people always mess up your ail, let's go to Shelley. Good morning, Good morning, how are you guys? Good Shelley, go for it. What do people get wrong.
Speaker 9: Oh, well for starters, Well, my name is Shelley. Obviously for starters, they always ask me if my name is Michelle, which is a bit of a pet peeve, but they always spell my name. I've got a second E after the double L, and they always forget the E. And I've been working in the same place that I work in for in the last couple of years and dealing with a big client for the last couple of years, and she always spells it without second E. And it's my absolute pet hate when it's there in my email for pitture and I'm always doing favors for them, yes, dealing with them all the time. Drugs bonkers.
Speaker 5: Did you say she's a big client, Shelley, Yeah, yeah, don't get annoyed at her.
Speaker 1: That won't ember.
Speaker 9: I know it's probably not. I know, that's why I just but I just.
Speaker 10: Needed to be Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, also she needs to show some respect from being part of the Ellie family, Shelly on the Tilly, let's just suggect Shelley's that little families. Well, good on you, Shelley, seems like you're quite passionate about this.
Speaker 1: That's kind of kirile. Good morning, Hi, How are you good? Good? Okay? How do people mess it up?
Speaker 8: They can either sell it wrong or if I'm on the phone, if I ring them and say my name, they call me Julie. The amount of times have been called Dooley and then I'm like, you know what, I'm not even going to correct them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just leave it.
Speaker 8: It is too hard, Julie, sound like k.
Speaker 5: Alright then your Oh gosh, it's getting worse now. Carissa, good morning.
Speaker 11: Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 1: What do you get?
Speaker 11: Well, my name spelt differently, so it's ka, double r, I, double s A, so I get every spelling under the sun. But I also get Crissa, Larissa, Clarissa, Larissa everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think I think my biggest pet peeve is when someone messages me on Facebook or something.
Speaker 11: Can they spell it wrong? It's like it's right there in front of you, but you still manage to spell it wrong. I blame my mum for giving me odd spelling of my name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have strong words with hair. Goodness, how can we get this wrong?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 11: Look, it's not my first name. It was back in primary school I got announced as to the audience as a struggle off instead of step off and that name.
Speaker 8: For thirteen years.
Speaker 2: That is hard. That is just the good Australian way, a slip up of the tongue and all of a sudden you've got But I'll take it.
Speaker 1: But I was going to say, Mark, is there a better dish than a good good off?
Speaker 8: Look, if it's not a pie flow, we'll take a Stroganoff.
Speaker 2: But we'll get what we get. We don't get upset exactly right.
Speaker 1: My kids all the time hate Mark, Mark Stroganoff.
Speaker 5: We're going to send you off to Zone Bowling with one hundred and fifty dollars voucher.
Speaker 11: Ah legend, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Guys obviously get morphs into different short nicknames. Obviously markets beef as well. May you get strogsy Chico good stuff. You're getting more confusing, not even just sort of nicknames where people get it wrong. Text and throw a full double O nine one nine nine one nine because it seems to really irritate people.
Speaker 1: It does. It can be very triggering.
Speaker 2: Right, you tell me you've got a time machine. On this day, Shoesday, this edition of on this Day is where we just take this a beautiful, effortless little trip down memory lane. So you can reconnect with the past and use it for future use. Perfect sure. For example, on October the third, nineteen sixty nine, when Stefani Gwen Dolan Stefani was born in California, today's her fifty fourth birthdays around that the no hole, the bad girl.
Speaker 5: Indeed, can you please explain to me if a cooler woman has ever been born on this planet?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I can't think of any off the top of my head. I hang a hand's I get that apart from my wife?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Then who then Jody? Oh my god, we got there.
Speaker 6: You cannot read cues from women women.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to doctor. Nineteen eighty five, Australian formul one Grand Prix was raced for the first time in Adelaide, and then.
Speaker 1: We lost it to men. Happen and no one ever really recovered.
Speaker 2: They didn't. It's always the one that got away.
Speaker 1: But then we got the V eight supercars and that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Grand Prey. I think South Australians there's always a sour part in their hearts when you bring up the Grand break Yeah, yeah, well get over it. We'll never let it go. Nineteen thirty five. The first Pavlovo was supposedly created by Bert shuts This. I think of Perth. It's named after the Russian ballet dancer and a pavlov Really goodness, little Perth creation.
Speaker 5: Oh that's ironic because most ballet dancers don't really eat Pavlovas too things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think there's too many sugars and creams and it's just egg whites and sugar, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Have you never made one?
Speaker 2: No, haven't you have? I never made a Pavlova or not today. I don't think I've ever made a cake in my life, haven't you? And I seem to have got to this point in my life reasonably successfully?
Speaker 5: Or to say, all thanks to your wife, Gara.
Speaker 2: That's so true. Numb One Sign October third, twenty eighteen, shotgun by George ezra At this really unique low voice, which is quite soothing.
Speaker 5: It's one of those situations where you look at him and think he's really quite attractive, but also could be with my son.
Speaker 1: So you know, that's the position we find ourselves in.
Speaker 2: Wow, I feel those things too grown Alliga to see you Lee got to hear the.
Speaker 5: Role Angelina Jolie has admitted that she doesn't have any female friends. What. So she was interviewed in Vogue about a clothing collaboration that she's doing, and she said, I'm not really someone that has girlfriends.
Speaker 1: So this has been an interesting jump for me.
Speaker 5: She's talking about Gabriella Hurst, who's a creative director at Chloe and a collaborator on the new socially conscious fashion label at Telia Jolie. But she's made a friend, so that's nice. Yeah, but she is first to say that, hey.
Speaker 1: I don't really have any girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Wow. What if she's coming on too strong? Hmmmrich doesn't mean know her handle her self in the situation where she's got her only friends. She's like, I want to push them away and I want to be with them all the time. I love them.
Speaker 5: Do you know what.
Speaker 1: Desperate point being? Though?
Speaker 5: With all this, she's been painted as a husband's stealing sort of anti woman type, like it's like women turn up their nose and other women who don't have a lot of female friends like producers.
Speaker 4: You're looking at me very aggressively.
Speaker 10: Yeah, if she doesn't have female friends, red flag huge in my opinion.
Speaker 4: But noing that Angelina, Jolly.
Speaker 10: That's unfair. The woman stealing like the husband's sealing. I'm a that's awful. That's not why she's got no friends. There's something else going on.
Speaker 2: You you just think she might be.
Speaker 10: No If you've only got male friends as a female, that's a red flag. If you're a male and you've only got female friends, that's a red flag. You want a nice little balance of both.
Speaker 5: See, I'm just going to disagree a little bit with you because I've always gotten along really well with men.
Speaker 10: Yes, but you also have female friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I do. I do, but I can I'm just and how okay. Female friendship is intense, like and it can be a really emotional experience, Like I've fallen out with some female friends and I reckon.
Speaker 1: It's potentially even more painful than going.
Speaker 5: Through a divorce because you're so heavily invested in each other. So I can see how some women want to protect their own hearts.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense for sure?
Speaker 5: And also when you get a bit older, you're like, oh, I got my friends, Like I be botom making new ones.
Speaker 2: I think that's the biggest one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't have that many friends. Now just you guys, because I sort of get a stage where kids work everything, like, you're right, who's got time for it? No? I don't have.
Speaker 5: I don't have time to catch up the amount of times I find myself in a day saying to people, oh, yeah, we should really catch up, knowing full well you never will.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if it's necessarily a red flag. It's just sort of, you know, life gets busy.
Speaker 10: I think it's particularly a red flag when you're a little bit younger in your teen years, like finishing high school. Yeah, I went to a co ed school. All the girls that didn't have any girlfriends.
Speaker 4: No good.
Speaker 2: What are you saying? What was what was happening? They were no good? They were bad news.
Speaker 4: Earlier in your life. It's more of a red flag later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A lady just like like this sense my husband's my best friend, you know, so beautiful?
Speaker 2: Shut up over there. I married my best friend.