Speaker 1: We got get you every morning. Every day adelaides dirty and hazy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the podcasts. New studies out sugar more addictive than hard drugs.
Speaker 1: I can hundred percent attest to this. If I give sugar any amount to my ten year old pupils, dilate go large, absolute crack addict.
Speaker 2: You don't give her sugar, she does this, Oh I eat the sugar.
Speaker 1: Well that's maybe two days after she's had the sugar and she's on the cometown to.
Speaker 2: Start dissected within a team our little addictions and a boy, oh boy, it was confronting.
Speaker 1: Some of them pretty pure, others a little more hardcore.
Speaker 2: Jode's love science. I love everything that the scientists do, and they've released a little piece which is close to my heart because I think I'm very much evolved in this study. Scientists have suggested that ultra processed foods such as ice cream, Delicious or chips can be just as addictive as nicotine, cocaine or heroin. WHOA, So every single night, that's the thing. Every single night. I'm at the stage now where I need a sweet treat, do you? And if I don't get a sweet treat. This is what my body says. I'm just cruising around the house. Car's like, what is that? How does she knows that she's hidding all the sweet treats?
Speaker 1: What you're going for?
Speaker 2: I go for usually biscuits, but also have this chocolate there? Oh mate, chuck it in. I'm just a chocolate dumpster at the moment.
Speaker 1: Are you one of these people that can't just have a couple of squares of chocolate? You like?
Speaker 2: If it's there, really old block goes through the whole I eat the paper, I don't care. Yeah, and the bin that it goes in, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Do you know how much the women in this room collectively hate you right now because we're like, oh, we got to watch I'll die and you look like that and you smash a whole block of chocolate.
Speaker 2: I've got to run a lot?
Speaker 3: Does run a lot? Don't you run? Every day?
Speaker 2: Run every day? And I think it's to keep. If I wasn't doing that, I think I'd blow right hand.
Speaker 1: Homer Simpson in it big time.
Speaker 2: I love donuts too. Speaking of Homer Simpson, partial to a little doughnut at nighttime. Yeah right, you can get involved there, so for double nine, nine nine or nine. Your little addictions, particularly at nightsime. We're just addictions in general, because this is such a safe space. Is no judgment whatsoever, none at all, So kick us off. Joe's what sort of addictions have you got?
Speaker 1: I've got a real shopping addiction, classic like.
Speaker 2: I had some guess, let me guess, just judging by a T shirt? Is it something to do with is a jagad jagged? I seem to wear that brand a lot.
Speaker 1: I do wear it a lot, like and I get sucked in because it's like, oh, seventy percent off, Okay, what's seventy percent off? Nothing? Nothing, Just don't buy it. And then yesterday I just happened to be cruising past cotton On. I was like oooh and had some real impulse control issues, so just went in there and went bang bang bang, walked down and didn't even plan it. Have you in the newsroom? Your addiction?
Speaker 3: Well, like hazy chocolate. But I'm a real sucker for a sprinkle donor. Oh yes, I would do anything for a sprinkle donor. Can look at anything anything. What would you do to put the word that I put in our group chat yesterday? But I'll refrain from that because it's radio. But yeah, I and you know there's a funny story behind that. So when I was little, I used to go and do the shopping with Mum on a Wednesday. Yeah, and I was the only baby left at home, so every Wednesday I used to get mummy spummy sprinkle donut. Well, one day we got home and Mom went, oh my god, where's a sprinkle donut. I'd left it in the trolley. So she drove back to the shops and got me in the sprinkle donut. Oh my god, that's where my issues started.
Speaker 2: Yes, you left out of that story was because she was making sounds like this.
Speaker 3: Until she got the Can you believe that? And now, goodness, you know, I wish she given me less sprinkle donuts. I'm trying to blue some weight. But anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Believe that because if I don't get a funny face cookie for my four year old at the gym after she's been in the crash, all bloody hell breaks loose. She turns into an absolute.
Speaker 2: Psychobby, just blaming everything on the mom as well. Yeah, she could have given you a nicotine cocaine heroin sandwich.
Speaker 3: She used to, but you know, then we would sprinkle donuts. She produces our I'm here against my wheel.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: This is embarrassing, judgment, judge free space. When I couldn't do a push up.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a judge free space.
Speaker 2: That feedback, sweetie.
Speaker 1: No. I am fully every night before Ben addicted to popping Alex my partner's pimple.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, and I think that's wonderful poper. I watched Sandra Queen. Yeah, it is so addictive.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah. If I noticed one on him and he won't let me get it, it's like, in my brain you've fixated on it. I just love that he's like, Oh I like chocolate, she likes sprinkle donuts. Oh I like shopping. I loves.
Speaker 2: I tell you what I'm addicted to as well, and look, please don't judge me. But it goes back to this we've mentioned before. I think I'm addicted to listening and helping out my friends.
Speaker 1: I know we listen to Yeah, And another.
Speaker 2: Thing I feel like I'm addicted too is paving the way for the next generation of particularly in radio to fresh.
Speaker 1: If you've been waiting to skip to school holiday crowns for your next trip.
Speaker 2: Now is your chance you take a sneaky weekend with what if dot com.
Speaker 1: Just imagine all those empty beaches.
Speaker 2: For coordination and more on the waif app.
Speaker 1: What if It's Ouzzie for travel.
Speaker 3: He's what you're waking up to.
Speaker 1: Adelaide News.
Speaker 2: What's the news today?
Speaker 1: Snooze news. Yeah, this is where we can danse the top three stories that you probably need to know today. So let's go to Abbey in the newsroom. What's on your radar?
Speaker 3: Dale, I'm having a bit of a rant this morning, so don't wind me up, Haisy. So a Southern Suburbs cafe has come out and basically said that we need to do way more about youth crime. So the Googy Goose, which is in Happy Valley, has been targeted over several times over the past few months.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: They're a little cafe that work out of a shipping container and essentially teenagers have gone and just completely you know, decimated this place. They tried to set it a light. Five teens have been arrested and charged over a big, massive crime spree that happened down in the Southern Suburbs. But after what happened at Woolworth Sterling over the weekend, where kids essentially lit up aerosol cans and caused a twenty five million dollar fire. I just it's so frustrating to watch this, and I just think that if you're a mum out there, I know that my sister had a big chat with her eight year old. We need to talk to our kids about consequences more and about you know, you go and do this and the effects that it has on small business owners. Especially My parents owned a cafe when we were young, and if something like this happened to them, it would have just decimated them. It's the cleanup, it's the you know, loss of stock, it's the loss of income if you're spending the day closed. So it's just so frustrating to watch, and I think these kids should be made to go back and actually help clean up and have a chat with the owners and literally see what they're doing, because it's just so it's so horrible to see these places targeted. Do we know how old the kids are. They're all into they're like twelve to fourteen, fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is a situation, As I say, we've got a state where we regularly have twelve, thirteen, fourteen year old stealing cars and then leading police on a chase. There was a time at Channel ten where it was like every second night we were covering these stories of these young teenagers stealing cars and then leading police on high speed chases wherever it may be. And in this situation, I don't actually blame the kids. I blame the parents.
Speaker 3: I think we need to re engage young people. And that's why I always if anyone ever reaches out to me and says, hey, can I come and sit in and what you do? What you do or whatever. That's how I got my start in radio. So if kids want to actually engage themselves and get to know what we're doing, you know, that's why I love doing Wednesday Weather kids so much because it gets them in here to see, oh, this is what I could do. So if they're having a bit of trouble in their life, you can actually engage with them and get that's.
Speaker 1: Well and good. But if it's two am in the morning and your kid is not in bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are you doing as a parent? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like are you joking? Like what are you actually doing? You're failing as a parent. And I get These kids are just acting out because they've either been neglected or abused or not treated well, and they're crying out for attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway today.
Speaker 1: Yes, joined in? I mean, but it's a fair point. Hazy. Can you imagine being a parent and not knowing where you're eleven, twelve, thirteen year old? Is it not? Jo?
Speaker 2: When I press this, it means move on?
Speaker 1: WHOA? Okay, Well, I'm going to talk about something equally as important, and that's the twenty two dollars makeup Advent calendar.
Speaker 3: Tell me more what a beautiful seque.
Speaker 1: It's been released, it's on the market and basically you've got twelve days where you open it up and there's a nice little cute bit of makeup for you each day, and it's going co Copanaana's. And I can understand why was young girls in particular? Oh yeah, some young guys would love to get these little Advent calendars for Christmas. They go, that's the hot, go to idel amazing. I would love to get the Hayes chocolate one that's like twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: But if anyone wants to buy me that, please feel free.
Speaker 2: Different Advent calendars for different situations.
Speaker 1: I suppose produce Am said there was some sort of pick a low wine one as well, wasn't there You want a mouth what it's called to me? So I know when I can say, here we go it's debautily one. Oh thank you Jo. That's called radio see.
Speaker 2: Hey, Just quickly to wrap up post news news. Big stuff going on at the red Backs. The red Backs two three and two twelve versus the Blues one hundred and eighty three and they're six for ninety nine. So the red Backs lead by two hundred and twenty four runs with one day. They're gonna winness thing. You're wow, huge, huge stuff.
Speaker 1: So that's what you brought to post news, the red Backs actually winning a game. That's how infrequently it happens.
Speaker 2: Funny that I'm actually bringing news to the sid over discussion. Hey, quickly as well, with the trade periods, this is probably what's going to be moving down a big I saying whether a sarvarretically it gets too port or not.
Speaker 1: Well, you know more than me on this. Do they get the job done? Because this is the last day. It depends seven o'clock tonight.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 2: Depends on whether Geelong finally go Okay, yes, they give up because otherwise just walks to the pre sason.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how I mean. I guess clubs kick their dig their heels in when a player clearly doesn't want to be there, you know what I mean. Or they're just trying to milk it for.
Speaker 2: It because he's not a contract. They milked it last year and said no, I still got a year to go with keeping him. He's off contract now, so worst thing happens, he has to go through the long process and he's to go to the pre season draft. Yeah, right, so they should get him. But wash this space. There you go.
Speaker 1: You're over sing stuff, post snooze news, Hazy and kne Corns. I've been waiting to say this all morning. Let's talk Jessica Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Shall we finally?
Speaker 1: Crazy? Catch me terrifying that you know the lyrics to that song?
Speaker 3: Is anyone else horrified?
Speaker 1: Oh? My very goodness.
Speaker 3: I think Hazy thinks he's Jessica Simpson and Jukes of Hazard.
Speaker 1: Right. How many Jessica Simpsons albums have you purchased over the Journey Down? Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, I don't have enough toes and fingers to count.
Speaker 1: I think she's probably only one.
Speaker 2: I doubt she's got more than twenty albums.
Speaker 1: She's had an awkward encounter in a parking lot over the weekend when a fan mistook her for Britney Spears, Oh very dear, like.
Speaker 2: Britney Spears back in the day, or Britney Spears on Instagram now that desperately needs a shower.
Speaker 1: Well, can you stop saying Britney needs a shower? I leave her alone?
Speaker 2: She had a knife last time in the last Instagram video she.
Speaker 1: Was waving that around and then they called the cops, like nine one one, Brittany, You okay? You just seem to be answer around a pole with a knife. Yes, okay, my good. Nothing to see here's still thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this week, the forty three year old singer and fashion mogul revealed she was approached by a fan outside of all In, LA, where she was asked for an autograph. Only problem was the fan thought Simpson was hisf Do you know what's even more awkward about this? Jessica was with her eleven year old daughter, Maxwell, who was.
Speaker 2: There to witness her all how very disappointed?
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Can you imagine being approached in front of your kids, someone going oh, hey, can I have an autograph?
Speaker 3: And like.
Speaker 1: You're signing that tom n Ain't you who exactly?
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure. Didn't you used to play in the AFL And I'm like, absolutely not. Unfortunately, No, that's not me. That was ever.
Speaker 1: That wasn't me at all.
Speaker 2: It's not me.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been mistaken for someone else there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: For me, it's there's three. It's either Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds or Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan.
Speaker 2: Let you just listed out the top three sex this mant alife voted last. Now, I for a long time and this is about two or three years ago, maybe even longer. Actually, in the height of Alex Williamson's fame, the comedian South Australian comedian. Oh yeah, I had to hair long on top and really short on the sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People, And it started twice where people be like, oh, I know you from somewhere, and then eventually someone's like, oh, you're the loosest bloke on the Internet or wherever it is, and then finally be like, oh, I know you got you're that kind of I'm not Alex Williamson. Yeah right, So yeah, it happened and what happened at service station for.
Speaker 1: Some reason that's specific, specific service station.
Speaker 2: I don't really understand why, but yeah, change the haircuts and here we are not Alex Williamson. Yeah, very funny.
Speaker 1: We well thirteen twenty four ten. Get involved. If you have been mistaken for a celebrity before, do you have a doppelganger? A celebrity doppelganger? I mean if I had a dollar for the amount of people that have come up to me and said, oh my god, your Margo Robbie.
Speaker 2: Is so excuse me, excuse me? Are you Margo Robbie? No, no, da And what Margot always gets it as well. People go up to Margot Robin like, are you Jody Addio? She does like, oh my gosh, not again.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: She text me other day she said, oh my god, it's happened again. I'm like, oh, I know, I feel your pain. I'm sorry. We look so sexy and similar.
Speaker 2: She texted me the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael B. Jordan text me the other day He's like, bro, bro, Seriously, this is ridiculous. It's getting out of hand. Twenty four ten. Which celebrity have you been mistaken for?
Speaker 1: Let's go to Lianne from alan Bi Gunns. Good morning, Leanne, Hey, how are you going good? Who are you mistaken for Seen Dion? Ah? Yes?
Speaker 2: Is this the real Celene Dion? And it actually happened in Vegas.
Speaker 3: We're lining up to check into our hotel in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this guy was so confused. She's going, Selen, no, mate, I'm not sound like her.
Speaker 2: I do not, Yeah, I love her. He would have been like the whole what about that? What about Selene was pretending it wasn't her?
Speaker 1: What about Selene Day almost putting on this real vogue and Australian accent.
Speaker 2: You know, she was calling herself Leanne.
Speaker 1: Selene goes from Okeden. Who'd you get mistaken for.
Speaker 3: Cole Kidman?
Speaker 5: But not the hot Nicole Kidman, but the BMEX bandoned Nicole.
Speaker 2: What about the moment as Roy Kersey when someone goes you look like Nicole Kidman, You're like, yeah, in eyes, wide shirt, no.
Speaker 1: Shame, thank you. Gerie Jordan from Brooklyn Park which c oh yeah good gat.
Speaker 4: Yes, as you were saying before about Alex will Yeah, I used to get recognized as him as the Loosen's assie as well into.
Speaker 2: So when was this? When was this Jordan like a few years ago or even.
Speaker 4: Definitely a few years ago when he used to do and look younger as a comedian. But I actually went out off of my twenty third I think it was, and I actually was walking past down one of the streets and he was actually standing at the front. I was like, Okay, then I guess we look alike.
Speaker 2: Did he go after him and tell him that?
Speaker 1: No? No, imagine Jordan and I did talk to him. Jordan, if you were hazy went out together, everyone will be like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's too Alex three Alex a real one turns up investing about being him as you can say whatever you want to be like, but it's me, I'm the looser, so izy bike. I can say how rageous.
Speaker 1: Things like that until you get canceled.
Speaker 2: It's concerninganks, Jordan, thirty six's tickets up for grabs, you like you, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think we might give them till the end?
Speaker 2: Or is it which congratulations land here after thirty six they're good, Well, maybe we're a face mask with something. How annoying when you're just trying to watch the thirty six there ms, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, haven't the thirty six is done well, they've got Selene Dion to.
Speaker 3: Road.
Speaker 1: God, they really are the holdest stick it in town. How good South Australian conspiracy theories?
Speaker 2: Yes, and this is where news reader Abby disc absolutely shines in her element because we took a really interesting rabbit hole trip yesterday in our post show planning.
Speaker 1: Yes, we did went down to went down the reddit hole as you like.
Speaker 3: I love the reddit Hole. I'm really enjoying that site. Anyway, I stumbled across a thread that had what are some of South Australia's biggest conspiracy theories? Is so good and obviously there's some stuff on there that you read that you go no way, but there's got to be some substance you think to some of them. Absolutely, wait one that I found. We're just going to continue on the sprinkle donut theme of today because as we spoke about earlier, I love sprinkle donuts, so we'll do anything for them. There was one conspiracy theory in regards to the digital clock at the Villi's Cafe on South Road. So there's a conspiracy that they always set it a little bit later, sorry not later, a little bit earlier. So it's maybe five minutes earlier than what the time actually is, so that people when they see the clock go oh, I've got a bit of time. I'll pop into villies and grub something to eat.
Speaker 2: Wow, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: I'm running early today. Time for a quick pie or a pasty sprinkle donut, which.
Speaker 3: I think I'll do today.
Speaker 1: Next minute, you get to work and the boss is angry at you. Going all right, had time for your pie, but didn't have time to get to work on time.
Speaker 2: Is that sprinkles on your mouth? What's going.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I like it, Love it? What about this one as well? Adelaide is a boring city full of churches. I've heard that my whole life growing up in Darwin, but since moving here, I've discovered it's just slow and created by locals to deter into status like me from moving over.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: I do that all the time under cell I don't want people come here and Sitney Melbourne people moving here, thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much when people do bag adelades because they haven't been here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally in the city of like serial killers slash murderers though, so you think that that would deter them anyway.
Speaker 1: So the theory is we've given ourselves a really bad rep in the Eastern States just so we can keep it to ourselves.
Speaker 2: But as our serial killers are very well spoken, we say.
Speaker 1: Dance and also quite creative.
Speaker 2: We're killing multiple people.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. Oh here's another one. That Keterville Terrace Roundabout was designed to be complicated to keep riff raff out of the east.
Speaker 2: To the city. Oh my god, that double round about.
Speaker 3: It's not worth it, I reckon. That's a go of that one. That's got to have some truth to it.
Speaker 1: I like it because I live in the eas.
Speaker 2: There's all sorts of rumors about underground tunnels for miles and miles. Yeah, that was built what in war times, just as a bit of a I suppose, a refuge for when things really go pear shaped. Haven't gone pear shaped yet.
Speaker 3: I used to work on Hailey Street and I've been under a few pubs. Yeah, there's some things down there. Oh wow, goodness me opon, there's some truth to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one. The Mount Theverton Slash Ice Arena is still in business because it's the state's mor in case of a major casualty disaster or this was.
Speaker 3: Huge over COVID. Yeah, yeah, and I think there was talk that this was posted before it all kind of kicked off.
Speaker 1: So okay, wow, we'll see. My husband would argue against that because he would say it's still in existence just in case he wants to come out of retirement, major disasters, him wanting to play for the Adelaide adrenaline.
Speaker 2: Is that it's the adrenaline. I've got one, I've got one enough. This one's pretty true as well. The O barn was designed to expose people who don't deserve a driver's license or perhaps are too old to possess a driver's license.
Speaker 3: That's not a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: That is one hundred.
Speaker 2: You think that makes sense, yes, it does.
Speaker 1: But get involved in this two thirteen twenty four ten if you've got your own South Australian conspiracy theory or on the text line oh full double O nine one nine nine one nine. It's not that hard.
Speaker 3: It can remain anonymous if you need to.
Speaker 1: Just don't mention business names because there's a few business names on that list that we probably need to.
Speaker 3: We don't want any defamation cases against us, do we.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One, and when we say us, we mean against.
Speaker 2: What the fork.
Speaker 1: Fawn out of the fact that there are no forks in any workplace kitchen ever, so it begs the question not just about cutlery, but about everything. What the fork goes on in this thing we called life. It's those little things that we just don't understand. So you can get involved in this too. Send us an email at breakfast at over nine one nine dot com dot au, or a TEXTO for doub below nine one nine nine one nine. If you've got your own word the full.
Speaker 2: I mean, for example, maybe it's that little issue right there work email. Yes, I am never connected, and there's all these little hoopes that you've got to jump through. And then they're like, I've got one I should say this. I've got one password for everything in my life and it needs a password.
Speaker 1: You're that guy.
Speaker 2: I'm that guy, and I feel like the password's pretty strong yeap. So whenever they're like, right, I know you need your password, and I type in it and says that's the incorrect pastor I'm like it no, no, no, no, no, that's on you. Yeah, because I know my own password. I never shifted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, What about when you have to update your password. You just update it to the same one.
Speaker 3: We just throwing an extra number, so it becomes horse nine nine to Horse nine nine nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very enough, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: I am horrible for this because I can never remember emails and passwords, and I've got four different emails, and so it's very complicated when you have to sign into And what about when they go, oh, email and passwords incorrect. We'll narrow it down for me. Which one is it the email or the password that's incorrect? Now, don't make me guess both.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's both, Champ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just one of the things. But let's just peel back the radio cursion for a moment here. There's a thing common to every radio station everywhere universally. When you go to connect to an interview into state, whether it be in another studio or whether it be on zoom on the computer, it never ever, ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it never works straight away. It takes a good four or five minutes. And then you get a tech in here and be like, oh, it looks looks pretty good. And then we've got some of the best texts in the business. Yeah, and see even they come in here and it's like wow. So they're sitting there going everything was good, and I'm going everything was good, and then we're still sitting there waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yesterday, for example, we pre recorded an interview with Dean Lewis. Now it didn't connect straight away, so Hayes is practically standing there pushing all the buttons. There's always is on the screen. International pop super stuff Fly from the US is staring at us and staring at you, and we're like, for the love of God, please just work. Vizy and Whipper had problems connecting with someone yesterday here in Adelaide, so Paul producers Zoe. He was running around like a band. You're trying to make it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just what happens inside news reader always had some serious issues with the printer.
Speaker 3: So there is a printer or there has been a printer living behind me in the news booth, and it's just to help everyone out so you're not having to run to the big printer down the hallway because you know it's so time poor breakfast radio stuff. Anyway, I cracked it because somebody who used to work here was printing while I was reading the news on air, so you could hear this printer going off behind me. Anyway, they've moved it. That thing hasn't stopped flashing since it's been moved. And I don't think anyone uses it anymore because it's either there's a paper jam, or it says it's out of paper, or there's just it just doesn't connect and work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I spoke to that printer. It is terrified of you.
Speaker 3: It should be. I'd be terrified of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's said to you, the printer said to you, what's with the resting? Bitchy?
Speaker 3: With that? I got to the point where I said, I will throw this printer down the hallway unless it's moved, And funnily enough, I came in and bang it was gone.
Speaker 1: Oh can I just do one more before we take your calls? On thirteen twenty four ten, what about teams? Oh my god, do you think I can log into a teams meeting?
Speaker 2: That's hard?
Speaker 1: Teams?
Speaker 2: And what's the other one's there's a couple of different versions.
Speaker 1: Now there's team zoom. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Well Zoom, there's different types of meetings platforms you go on there. I can't work out any of them, and every single company wants to go through a different sort of bit of software.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true, and it's confusing. So my teams at Channel ten and my teams at NOV don't like each other. They fight all the time. So it's like the two different servers hate each other. So at any given time, if I have to jump on a team, so I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fork? The technology edition? What never works? And what you just cannot get working? Got some mart picks a part of vouchers up for grabs as well the other day. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Certainly not restricted to the workplace either. What the fork doesn't work in your house? What techno kidding? You? Not get the remote to work? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Mary? Hello, Mary, Hi, how are you good?
Speaker 1: What can't you work? What doesn't work?
Speaker 5: The takeaway app? The McDonald's and Hawi Jackson, all those they don't seem to work. And I had to go in from the drive through to speak to the manager because apparently they couldn't just look at them app and say that I've got app. I can get it to log onto their Wi Fi and get a code and it's ages. And I was thinking, oh gosh, why do I have to bother with these technology Like, I'm just getting too old for this.
Speaker 1: Now You're like, for the love of God, I just want to fill it a fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for goodness, just on that.
Speaker 1: Mary.
Speaker 2: Tell me have you ever ordered to fill it O fish?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: What happens in here with Andrew Hoes is that he seriously underestimates the fill of fish lovers in this state.
Speaker 5: And you forget like double double the double burger is nice, less thought.
Speaker 1: Double If you don't like so double still O fish. I'll have to check that, Mary.
Speaker 2: Really good stuff some of the apps and then we can have a separate conversation about that. The myga that oh my gosh, and it's like check your inbox and you go to inbox and it's like check the app, and then the app's like check the fact that we sent you, and you're like, what is going on here? Just give me the message we do I owe money to the tax department or what I do? I don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 3: What I don't understand. We had a girl's lunch and went to Macas afterwards because obviously we'd had a few hard lemonades. And this woman's this woman it may have been for Mary. This woman's complaining about the app not working, but she's standing at the counter and in then I turn around and said, just order, like you're literally standing there, don't worry about the apps. Order and she's sort of looked at me, and I was like, Oh, you shouldn't have said that. But anyway, Mary, if that's you, sorry.
Speaker 1: What about when you keep getting text messages from these companies who want you to buy stuff and then you try and unsubscribe and then it's like unsubscription unsuccessful and you're like I never asked for these texts in the first place, or you.
Speaker 3: Say unsubscribe and then it sends you another email or text to say you have been unsubscribed. I've just said to you stop contacting me.
Speaker 2: This isn't a separate subscription. Unsubscribed. Let's go to Richmond. Goodbye to you?
Speaker 5: Be Hello, how are you going?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: What technology can't your work doesn't work?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I work in childcare and we have to print from the childcare room and if you walk down the fund to get it, so we often go down and then the printer hasn't work, so we have to use the phone to call up the room.
Speaker 2: And be like, hey, can you coring do again?
Speaker 5: And that phone dodgy and then sometimes the phone in the room dies. Yeah, absolute modele and obviously can't.
Speaker 2: Throw in front of the children.
Speaker 4: So generally we're kind of like, hik, what the fuck.
Speaker 5: It's like, what the fork?
Speaker 1: And then be's like, tune into Auntie Jody and Uncle Hazy to work out what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, b We've got a little Pixar part about you for you to take along someone. And when you miss these parts, you can scream.
Speaker 1: Out what the fork?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: That picks pix parts. He's back at the Riverbank promenad at the adela you mentioned for a limited time in the Legends a life like during are hooking you up as well. Keep the text coming on this one oh four double o time one nine nine one nine. Hopefully our text line works. That's the next and you're not trying to unsubscribe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's at an extra element technology, another layer.
Speaker 3: At you tell me you've built a time machine.
Speaker 1: On this day.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a Wednesday, you wacky widows. A bit of a liiteration. Oh that's good Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Also surprised you know what that means.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what it means. It's written down here lots of W's eighteenth of October. Let's take a little trip down and let's go back to nineteen eighty seven. Zach Efron was born in California. Today is his thirty sixth birthday. Listen, here's the plan.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get up on stage and I'm going to dance.
Speaker 2: Pint sized, Yeah, Zach Efron, But man, when he's a good nick That guy's got like a fourteen pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah's outrageous, isn't it. Grew till he was about fifteen and then stopped, stopped, just stopped that God went, that'll do for you. Used to dominate the juniors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bigger than everyone else, and then just stopped growing, and they all went past him all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: The smallest adult you'll ever see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone everyone knows someone like that was what weckon. Yes, like someone who was a manchild. Yeah, dominated the June. That June isn't. And you're like, oh, everyone's going past him.
Speaker 3: How bad?
Speaker 1: It's that? Like that bully that you said you had in high school who was way bigger than you and then he stopped growing. And you kept growing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was in year twelve when I was in your eighties, who sort of beat us up a little bit in the boarding house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I swear if I saw him now, I could genuinely pick him up and spinning on my finger. Maybe we'll just bouncing around like a basket.
Speaker 1: Let's find him.
Speaker 2: He's nickname too, was Fair. Nineteen ninety nine, Pokemon Yellow Nintendo game Boy was released in the US, so had a record won million units within ten days. I was never a big Pokemon person, probably because I was too old, but I just didn't understand the fascination.
Speaker 1: What about when you just there was a real epidemic of people walking around the streets doing that Pokemon thing where they were just looking at their phones, not watching every where they were going. I'm so surprised there weren't more Pokemon related deaths on the roads.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, the story is probably emerging from the US of people walking out onto traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did, didn't that. Oh well, that's a sad end to that Pokemon story. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two thousand, well, two thousand, George Michael paid three point ninety six million dollars for John Lennon's piano on which he composed. Imagine how much three point ninety six million.
Speaker 1: Imagine having that much money that that's the things that you could splurge on.
Speaker 2: I know, umblevable stuff No one signed. On October eighteen and ninety five was lump by the presidents of the USA.
Speaker 1: President. Let's talk about puppy dogs, shall we, and how clever they are. I found this article that said twenty seven year old Sidney Bens and this was on kidspot, which is a website, said that her dog predicted her pregnancy. Wow, amazing stuff. Her mini dash hoound Freddy's dashounds yep, when she was only a few weeks pregnant, started cuddling up not just on her stomach, but she says most specifically her ovary.
Speaker 2: Region where the baby was developing. Human for those playing it along, thank you for those blokes at home going, what are you even talk about?
Speaker 1: And I did a little bit of research on this, and it makes sense because the dog's sense of smell is so acute as we know, well, no, that's why they sniff out drugs and all sorts of different things. But because they know their mothers specifically so well as in their mummy humans. They can detect the change in hormones because their sense of smell is so acute.
Speaker 2: I was like, what they can smell fertilized eggs.
Speaker 1: No, it's very specific, but they can smell the changes. And without getting too graphic about be I believe it because my dog Sydney gets very up close and personal when it's around that region, you know, that time of the you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I know what you mean. Yeah, I don't need to ask any more questions.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think you do. And speaking of Sydney, my little attack dog the toy Kavoodle, she's very clever because she can predict a lot of things. And one of the things that she predicted most specifically was the fact that I got this job on Nova. She knew before I knew. Wow, you want to know how I know that? It's crazy from sid hindsight. And not only did she know that I was going to get a job on Over Breakfast, she knew the makeup of this show because we jump in the car, right and it's her job. Sid's job to choose the radio station, and she started choosing like really really random stations like from all over the country. Wow, like most specifically this one from North Queensland with the latest North Queensland News. I'm Abby Smith and wake up with cliff Old and Gabby from Wednesday May sixteenth on Hit one oh three point one. And I looked at Sin. I was like, what that? What's that about? Why there's sudden interest in cliff Ow and Abbey?
Speaker 3: It was weird cliff Old and Gabby. Sorry, that's wild. He knew before I knew. She Sorry, Jesus Christ Jesu had gone well.
Speaker 1: And then Sid randomly started having a hankering for sports radio as well. I was like, see what's going on? What do you care about the AFL. So we'd get in the car and then after Sid had been listening to North Queensland Radio, jumped on.
Speaker 2: This breakfast with Kennon Lance and Andrew Hayes. Yes, good morning to you. It is Thursday, twenty ninth of September. It is six o two at the top of nineteen across Adelaide today shouldn't rain, It'll be part of the Klattie. Bryce Gibbs is in bringing a wealth of shun. That's good.
Speaker 1: It's like, what is he? Even Sid whispered to me. He doesn't sound very good now, but he'll get better.
Speaker 2: What is even going on? Yes, it's crazy that dogs can do that. Do you know right now that you've mentioned that, that makes a lot of sense to me, because you know our little Maltese poodle Indiana, who's fifteen and just ever so slightly knocking on death door. Yes, yeah, he's completely incontinent as well. Yeah, it's strange. I just remember it was about what September last year, and then she's just walking through the kitchen and just absolutely weaning herself as she was walking along just left right, wi everywhere. I remember stopping at going are you am I going to do a radio show with Jodie Gotty? Is that what's happening right now? Because she was weeing, She was just absolutely incontinent of wearing herself. Believable stuff.
Speaker 1: It's not very kind of.
Speaker 2: Besides there that dogs know. The dogs absolutely know.
Speaker 1: Say this, shut up, Indian, she said. Poor.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning, we're gonna catch up with a very very very good friend of ours Lewis.
Speaker 1: Jane Lewis. What a lovely, lovely man. He is very grounded, very aussy, living well well he's kind of living over there in the US at.
Speaker 2: The moment, he's living everywhere. He's on this giant tour. Absolute superstarf all right, enjoyed the West of Wednesday, Have a fantastic day and all the best. Enjoy the sunshine.
Speaker 1: Best to you. Andrew Hayes sixty grades, good stuff, Adlaides and Hazy