Speaker 1: We get you morning every day adelaides. Great decisions, great decision you've started whatever it is you're doing, and what time of the day it is. Rights by selecting our podcast. And if you're looking for the co word, well bang here it is. It's style text for tato. That's what we need I for do blow no one nine, no one not.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime, thanks for joining us, because we're about to confirm what everyone already suspected. Andrew Hayes is a little bit mental.
Speaker 1: Excuse me very much, but true.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do like hearing some of these superstitions from certain athletes. And one of my favorite athletes on the planet is Patrick Mahomes. Yes, it was a quarterback. I think a lot of people know now he's a quarterback of Kansas City because he's got a very famous mate, and that's Traps Kelsey, who he throws the ball to a lot. It's been revealed that Patrick Mahomes has worn the same underwear for every single game of his NFL career, Right, Aunt, Patrick, No, that's well done.
Speaker 2: Not well done, because it's holding him in very very good disgusting. If I said to you, I've worn the same underwear every day on this show because I'm superstitious for a year, you would be appalled.
Speaker 1: Get out. And he's a kicker as well. Mahome said he only wears them for game day and cleans them only once in a while. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you.
Speaker 1: Know what it's made At the time, it landed him the biggest contract in NFL history. If I'm his partner, bringing Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Like by reportan, she looks nutty.
Speaker 1: She's putting up with it's putting up with it. I think I've mentioned this before. The advertised did an article on me because they've got win like during samful days of some of the stupid superstitions I had. Yeah, so at one stage I was seeing this girl. I used to live tickets in a mailbox. Yeah, that relationship fizzled out. Surprise ad price, Wow, so much so. But I used to leave tickets in the mailbox that no one would pick up. Yeah, because it was bringing me luck, I thought, Okay, and everything else was a certain playlist for a game. Left boot, left shoe, all those types of things. And now it's carried on over to this day where every single morning I'll get here about I don't know. Four forty five, me and Abby will go off and do some yoga. Yep, Me and use red to Abbey.
Speaker 3: That's what we do, deep breathing, and we come in here and he through the nose out through the mountain.
Speaker 1: And I'll catch up with producer little Kiss on the forward to catch up with producers Zoe. And it's like deep meditation for twenty seven minutes sure every single morning. Yeah, and then we just do a thousand push ups and that's the routine superstition that gets us into the zone perform.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, okay, right, I just I need to go back to Travis mahone. Is it Travis Mahome Patrick.
Speaker 1: Myhme, God, you just go a Travis my Homes.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to say I was, I am married to an ice hockey player and the protective gear that they wear gets so sweaty and disgustingly smelly, and that guy is continue neually wearing his underwear for a whole season.
Speaker 2: Are you joking?
Speaker 1: You have a Gregg didn't sign a two hundred million dollars contract.
Speaker 3: What's to say he didn't for the Adelaide Avalanche.
Speaker 2: How do you know two.
Speaker 1: Undred million producers. Zoe, you've got a few little superstitions, and I carried you through a couple.
Speaker 4: The one that I can't let go of is no shoes on a table, So you're supposed to. I think there's a year old detail no new shoes on a table, but I can't have any, none at all.
Speaker 2: No, not out now.
Speaker 4: If someone like and even if, oh god, if you buy a new pair of shoes and they're in the box in a bag and you put the bag on the table, we're done for what.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 1: It's over. Flip a table. I've seen it.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: I'll see it, and the rest of my day feels slightly off.
Speaker 2: Were you on the Real Housewarms of Melbourne?
Speaker 6: Did that?
Speaker 2: That's what they do?
Speaker 1: Table? That's me spit tables for fun thirty twenty four to ten. You're crazy little superstitions and get you through the day. And look we're sort of bordering on OCD and all those types of things Safe Space, Chronico CD back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: The superstitions that you just have to tick off to ensure that you have a successful day gives a call. Third in twenty four ten, we have a Velo Adelaide we can pass to give away, so that would be absolutely fucky. You're so well now, yeah, all right, let me just press this button five times.
Speaker 2: Give us a call, Cassie, good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're so good? Any superstitions, Yes, I do.
Speaker 7: I wear an evil iron necklace. It's supposed to ward off like any bad negative energy, but I literally cannot start my day without putting it on. Yeah, I'm just obsessed with it. But you also, I'm not allowed to sleep in them, so I have to make sure I have to take it off right.
Speaker 1: Right, So if have you ever forgot what was the last time we didn't wear it?
Speaker 7: No, I've ever since started wearing it. I've never not worn it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, So an evil eye necklace? What does it look like?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're like a Greek skinboa It's just like a little it looks like a little eyes, just like a white little thing with a blue eye on it. Okay, So you can get all different colors if you look them up. They're like a huge, like superstition kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Right. Okay, because the evil eyes exactly what newsreader Abby gives us every single morning when she comes in.
Speaker 1: Might just to ward off evil spirits.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning. Would you superstition? Apart from wearing Abbey around your neck.
Speaker 7: I if I was to buy a purse or a wallet for somebody, I can't give it without putting a coin in it.
Speaker 1: Oh, well done to cold. That's because you're a good person, because correct me if I'm wrong. But you should never receive a word on you while having money in it, because it brings you good luck exactly.
Speaker 6: So, yes, I've always got to put a coin. It could be five cents, it can be two dollars.
Speaker 2: It's got to be a coin to be fair.
Speaker 8: Of Cole.
Speaker 2: If you gave me a Gucci handbag worth fifteen hundred bucks and you put a five cent piece in it, I'll be like you can probably cake and like take that back, thanks to goal, Sophie. The morning, Good morning. How's it going great? Thanks your superstition.
Speaker 5: Every day, before I leave the house, my hair products and my face products, the labels, the front of the label has to be facing towards me and they have to been neatly lined up. How otherwise something goes wrong in my day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And also so Sophie, if I'm trying to rob your house, and I want to break in and go through my skin care routine. I don't want to be sort of shuffling around all the products. I'm wondering, which is whitch? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So we all will exactly, it's a win wind.
Speaker 1: So what happens, Sophia if you don't do that? Would you just sort of feel unorganized if you didn't do that one morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I've been known to pull over, turn the car around, go back and double checks that they're all facing out.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? You've driven home? I mean, and sometimes I drive home just to make sure I put the garage door down. But you're driving home to make sure your labels are facing the right way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, otherwise my day is ruined. But I just yeah, I'm like, it's like leaving the iron on. Like I'm like, oh, no, burn down.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you, Sophie, I hate to be the voice of reason. The two separate entities. One thing is going to burn your house down, the yellow one is just a label. Goodness.
Speaker 1: See it's not just me who's a little bit edgy with things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so true. What if you can book your hotel now and choose to pay when you get there.
Speaker 1: With thousands of flexible booking options in select days, you're only a what if away from your next holiday.
Speaker 2: Look on the what if it's for travel. He's where you're waking up to, Adelaide, breaking news. Smoothe news the news you're waking up to. And this is not a good one. And I can't stress this enough. This is quite a dangerous situation at the moment. Kevin D'll, fifty five years old, is on the run after allegedly murdering he's a strange wife in their Adelaide home.
Speaker 3: Goodness me for domestic violence victims this week, allegedly.
Speaker 2: I'll preface it without but what is going on in this state at the moment. But if you do see this man, he has fled the scene. He's about ninety kilograms, he's one hundred and seventy eight centimeters tall. His appearance is described as scruffy. But he's on the run after allegedly committing this murder. So if you do see him, police are saying he's armed, he is dangerous, So please contact police if you Yeah, if you do indeed spot him, But my goodness, I say it again, what's going on?
Speaker 1: That's unbelievably scary stuff. Abby the news run good mooins.
Speaker 2: You good morning.
Speaker 3: Just off the back of that, he was last seed in Port Wakefield, so by the loads of it, he's heading north, so just keep an eye if you're traveling. He's traveling in a mitsubisue trite and UT registration XTN one six seven. Yes, yeah, like you said, it's a really yeah, tough news week. This week, I'm going to talk about something a little bit different. Today is the first day of the Adelaide five hundred. If you've been living under a rock then you wouldn't have heard about this. But that's why all of the road closures are happening across the east of the city. So there's a practice today for the supercar drivers that kicks off at three forty five. If you are heading along, there's a free Giant Ferris Feel ride and that's all thanks to Golden North's one hundredth anniversary celebrations. Obviously the best ice cream in the world. There's also heaps of family friendly activities. Obviously, with the cost of living, they're just sort of, you know, looking at what they can do to help us out a little bit. So thousands are expected to head through the gates for the Adelaide five hundred and I'm pretty sure, Hazy, I've got this right. It's the one the drivers decide who's the overall winner after this weekends race.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's going to come down to this.
Speaker 2: I reckon soak of racing ahead.
Speaker 1: Your brod a asticky, your box seat away.
Speaker 2: I thought you were saying then that the drivers just get together and decide who wins paper you imagine who hasn't had it for a while. Yeah, Jacob, thanks guys, and just on that.
Speaker 1: As well, last probably chance. I think it is officially the last chance see Champ van Gisberg and in eight three your heads off to America. Yes, no doubt. He want to go out with a bang you Susie. I'm offering himself with some sports news as well. So the rookie draft finished up yesterday, I know, real surprises from the Crow. So they relisted Will Hamill and also James Borlace. Adela picked up a young man by the name of Xavier Welsh who's from Perth and it was nice as well. What I like about the rookie draft is when you see recycled players come through or blokes get another opportunity go somewhere else. But fortunately, what it looks like what's happening with the rookie draft now is that a lot of blokes get put from the main list onto the rookie list, almost like they're shelving them. For example, wing guard on the bookie list at Hawthorne while he recovers from a ruptured achilles. But good to see Riley Bonner get picked up by the Saints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, is that what happened to you? You got shelved.
Speaker 1: I got shelved. I started on the.
Speaker 2: Trade carefully right here about that shell.
Speaker 1: And hey, I would have taken a spot on the shelf, Lisa means when you're on the shelf for your chance to get picked up again. But I got thrown straight into the rubbish bringing.
Speaker 2: Up you're not sorry.
Speaker 3: He would have taken anything that had a an F or an L in it. Y, Yeah, you're on the bottom shelf.
Speaker 1: I'll take a shelf.
Speaker 2: Goodness, you could be one of the bull kids take.
Speaker 1: That as well. Yeah, absolutely, I'm feeling these feelings. My eyes leaking going on here, speaking of the top shelf. Six fifteen Vending machine. Some of the price is insight and it's an easy contest as well. The six fifteen vening machine quiz.
Speaker 2: It's okay, Yeah, everything's okay, you're right.
Speaker 1: Let's play the six.
Speaker 2: The six fifteen vending machine quiz.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this is a big opportunity for someone.
Speaker 2: Ye jam packed full of prizes, the six fifteen vending machine. So you just have three questions to get the third one right and you have a crack at the machine. Let's go to Brock from Elizabeth baaleor Hey, Brock.
Speaker 6: How are you good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good day. I've got your eye on a little prize there, Brock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, maybe the chips. You could almost pre organize that, Brock.
Speaker 2: Do not go the Sultan vinegar because camera guy Josh has already eaten them and not replaced him, and I'm shaming him at the moment. Yeah, how very dare He doesn't.
Speaker 1: Even eat them as well, He just licks the flavor off, puts chips back in right, Brock.
Speaker 2: Question number one, just do it is the slogan for which shoe brand.
Speaker 1: Nike Boy Bang, there we go.
Speaker 2: Question number two, which British rock band are responsible for this smash? Hit Rock, Come on, Brock and he should bro three, Rolling Stone.
Speaker 3: Tough.
Speaker 2: It's rough, okay, Jess, GLENELG. North, good morning? Hello? Who sings this?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we're back.
Speaker 2: Question number three for your chance at a prize from the six fifteen Vending Machine? Which movie is this iconic line from from the.
Speaker 1: Sorry you want to need a pickups? Please? I thought that was going to tricker for your baby?
Speaker 3: Can you apologize please for this? Actually never apologize? Okay, Yes, you need to select a letter between a N.
Speaker 2: C uh sorry j J No, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, well what about between.
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: This happened a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Did you keeping wrong?
Speaker 6: I need another coffee?
Speaker 2: Okay, Lucky the say today you have a lat and day for an A cafe is opening in just five minutes. Okay, and now a number between two and six?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 2: Okay, see four, let's do it.
Speaker 3: She's a last morning the vending machine on really.
Speaker 2: Well really aggressively spat that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ready for a big weekend. Okay. I hate to see what the meme machines can be like on Monday morning after it's been a Rob Williams.
Speaker 2: Jess, it's not the chips it is the two hundred dollars Fun Lab package. Yes, oh, thank you. The tone of your voice suggests me that you don't know what that is, so.
Speaker 6: I'm going to tell you that sounds okay.
Speaker 2: Play the day away Fun Labs new entertainment precinct opening in round a Place on November thirty. Pre book now your chance to experience Adelade's first Jujens Hotel, Strike Bowling and Archie Brothers circ Electric. It's amazing. It's like a thank you so much. How would you describe it, Andrew.
Speaker 1: It's a place where you can have fun with everyone in the family. There's something for all ages.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Thanks, You're very very welcome.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Jess sat Yeah, just two coworkers who aggressively hate each other in this space, in this particular space, because it's a real battle for I mean bang of supremacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't hate each other. Just fifteen seconds, about three minutes ago, where I genuinely hated you for shaming my age.
Speaker 1: But from that we did some research as we I just made a little joke about Jody's age and how she got free UNI, because that's not free. Nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 3: He moved pretty well for a seventy year old Jades still got the groove in your hits good cars.
Speaker 2: So it's very interesting Abby that you would pile on and the two of you just teaming up and bullying me in space.
Speaker 3: Well I bullied Hazy yesterday, so you know I've got even of out.
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone gets a little piece of Abby's bully pie. The Battle of the Bang is really tired as well as we draw to a close probably next week, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Thirteen or this week and next week to go. It's in tense. So I am super curious as to what you've selected this week. But I am going to go first because this is a passion piece for me because Veylo five hundred is this weekend on Saturday night, one of the greatest bands ever to grace this Earth is going to play at his icehouse. And I was torn, and I took advice from Josh, the camera guy. I was like, do I go, Do I go Electric Blue or crazy? And he steered me towards Electric Blue.
Speaker 1: Right. Interesting you still come up with this. I just thought it was an Australine selection. Riscade. I'll go to say Joe, yes, good selection. It's a good song from Aquatic Australian band.
Speaker 2: And when I was a thirteen year old Jody growing up in Hobart, Tasmania, I had little hope for anything else but I have the Davies and then one day I might meet him and marry him.
Speaker 1: How did that go?
Speaker 2: And all the TV week posters were a mile.
Speaker 1: CB week posts.
Speaker 2: A speak long flowing mullet.
Speaker 1: What the hell is going on here? And so so hang on the second aps. So Joe's upset because he made a joke about our age before and he actually launches into this pattern piece about ice House back in the.
Speaker 3: Day and about posters on wolves. Oh you didn't, we weren't allowed to. That was a no goal at Cheryl Smith's house. Wow, Cheryl ease up on the blue tap marks on the yes yes correct, I No, we didn't.
Speaker 1: All right? Ice House Electric Blue sure versus the Food Fighters just a faint.
Speaker 3: Of mid year.
Speaker 1: Jodey is absolutely cracked that, you know what, because sometimes it's happened before Hope She's soviety goes damn. I love that sort.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Food Fighters can be beaten ever, but anyway, but.
Speaker 2: Anyone can do it. It's iber Davies ye es Dave Groll, Yes, oh yeah, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: On choosing right. So you're electric Blue Bye ice House at V learning to fly by the food fighters. Vote right now, Please jump on at Jodie and Hazy Instagram and we will announce the win ites my morning at eight. It's real close to your third in a piece. There's a lot in this pride and everything else that comes with it.
Speaker 3: Self esteem, confidence of which I have none.
Speaker 2: We love love, you, love love, I love.
Speaker 1: Love Haggart's love. There's no bandage, no timing, has no sense of timing. But see what it turns up when you're least suspected.
Speaker 2: And you and I got an email from a lovely girl called Cat, and you need to use and harness all your relationship skills, of which there are many, to help her out. She's on the line now and we want to hear her story.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for getting involved, Cat, this is really cool.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's a bit daunting, actually, So where do you go right when you don't know these details?
Speaker 1: So true love knows no rules, no boundaries. It has a poor sense of timing, and sometimes you just got to go with.
Speaker 2: And also Kat, I love that when your love life's in turmoils that you turn to us Jody and Hazy for salvation. Well, of course I would, all right, Cat, tell us what happened.
Speaker 6: Okay. So I was on a late flight from Alice Springs and they kind of, I guess, caught eye contact with a guy. Yes, it was constant eye contacts through the flight as well.
Speaker 2: It's a long flight too.
Speaker 6: Cat, Yeah, it's a long fight. So you know when you kind of know when somebody's looking at you, so you turn around and they be kind of looking. Yes, So I've wake up enough courage and I thought, all right, I'll speak to him when I get off the plane. So walking up the ramp into Adelaide, he kind of looked at me smiled, And there was numerous miles throughout the flight, and I went to the restroom and as I came back down into the baggage, it was a very big sliding door moment. So seen my bag, seen him, thought I I'd go grab my bag first, yep, And as I came out, he was completely gone Spanish no, no, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So some details Cat. The date of the flight, When was it back from Alice.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So Tuesday the fourteenth, yep.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I was on a six twenty flights PM flight from Alice.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: We landed in Adelaide at quarter past nine. Flight number was QF one seventh okay.
Speaker 1: And what seat number were you? Yes? I do actually know those details.
Speaker 6: Well, my seat was twenty one s course, his seat was twenty two b okay.
Speaker 2: And sold my catulation. He's the one doing the turning around.
Speaker 6: No, I was turning around. He was looking at me.
Speaker 1: Yes, classic. So can you describe to us what he looks like?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I reckon he would be maybe five ten, roughly dark. He was unshaven, not not beard, but it looks like he was maybe fifou. He had a tattoo on his left car.
Speaker 5: I'm not even quite sure.
Speaker 3: What it was.
Speaker 6: I just kind of caught my eye. Yeah, And as he was walking he was dressed all in dark clothes. As he was walking out, he was carrying a big Duffel bag but on his right side.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a good detail. It's very good.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll put the call out for you, and let's hope the power that is Adelaide, where everyone knows everyone can identify this young man and we can hook the two of you up.
Speaker 6: Oh that would be amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have you been single for a while?
Speaker 6: Yeah, about two and a half years.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it's officially out there into the universe. Do you work? How good?
Speaker 3: You love? Love?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Kat?
Speaker 2: Thank you for being brave enough to contact us and to speak on the radio. I know it's a big thing for you, so thank you so much for doing it.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you for having me. I'm hopefully we can find him, all right, do you know what?
Speaker 1: Kat? Thank you for believing in us when everything tells you you shouldn't.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I listen to you guys every morning, and I love the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kat, thank you so much. All Right, We're going to do our darndest to help out you and your romantic life.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you, appreciate it. I've never done this before. Very very nervous, and being forty, you're kind of going to take stunity of your own hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shoot, your shot is always saying in the background, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to ever in any stage of life, being like, Oh, I wonder what could have happened if I did this? Keeps shout good night.
Speaker 2: That's you. Know he should have.
Speaker 6: Done it, and I just didn't want to do the what if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should have just run up from behind and like crash tackled him. Should have done it.
Speaker 6: I was honestly thinking about doing that, and I'm like no, no, because I had my work in afore so I'm my care not a good look.
Speaker 1: Yea, Let's find this mystery man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's Adelaide. It's Adelaide. Everyone knows everyone. Someone needs to know this man.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and hopefully based on that theory, Cat's not related to this man. If she's not, it's all above board.
Speaker 2: We're not nob now.
Speaker 1: I think it right.
Speaker 3: It is a.
Speaker 1: Matchmaking Now do you know who this bloke is? So what do we know? He's got a tattoo on the calf? Yes, very handsome, dashing young man and fifo perhaps yeah, perhaps works quite regularly at the top end.
Speaker 2: Yeap thirteen, twenty four ten. Please help us solve this mystery, help Cat find love.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they get married and I get to go to the wedding.
Speaker 2: You love a wedding. But you telling me that you've built a time machine on this daisy.
Speaker 1: It's a Thursday edition. I'm on this Daisy, where we take you on a very very beautifully educated trip down memory lane and hopefully it gives you some knowledge that you can inflict onto other people in a positive way. Yeah, spread the education, spread the good work, because that's what it's all about, isn't it. Education and being open to it. Nineteen ninety two. Miley Cyrus real name Destiny Hope Cyrus born in Nashville. She's thirty one.
Speaker 2: Today, Mike, she's thirty one.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's because she's a child star and you forget how young these people are. But maybe it's a fact that she sounds like she's been smoking three thousand cigarettes a day for the past sixty years at times.
Speaker 3: But also, you know someone has grown up when they sing about used to being young, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a' tend you somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks Fresh it's with Jodyotti. Yeah, but also I used to be young thirty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still a baby.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen. Speaking of people who are still young that have been around forever, Justin Bieber married a model, Haley Bolburn. They actually genuinely seem like a lovely couple.
Speaker 2: They do, and under a lot of scrutiny as well, when, oh, this is the whole Selena Gomes love triangle, let it go fans.
Speaker 1: Doesn't she just pop up out of nowhere? She is always going to be there like a like a just an itchy bite that won't go out.
Speaker 2: Just like a fash that keeps smelling forever.
Speaker 1: And they both look at it and go, was that you nice? Selena?
Speaker 2: Selena did it?
Speaker 1: Selena did it? Hi, guys, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Whoever smelt it? Dealt it?
Speaker 1: Oh Wednesday, produced by Tim Burton starring Jenna or Tager was released on Netflix. That was an absolute institution flicks. That was an absolute institution rehashed and gave a lot of life to youngsters who didn't know who the hell the Adams Family was. Things of change a little bit in the Adams Family. And I saw on November twenty three, twenty twelve, trouble Maker about Oli Murh's and flow Rider. What do you can flow riders doing right now?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Just flow rider stuff? You know, whatever the hell flow rider wants today?
Speaker 1: What is that as well? What if it's something really normal and dorky, like he's sitting there having a cup of teeth. Yeah, reading the finance section.
Speaker 3: Helping his six year old with her homework. It's not what flow riders do, make trouble make.
Speaker 2: Let's talk movie transformations, because it's been revealed that Jim Carrey is going again for the Grench too. It's not exciting. And I discovered this incredible fact Andrew Hayes. So the process to turn him into the greench took roughly guess how long eight and a half half hours? Oh my gosh, how long it takes me to put my makeup on the morning I'm in here?
Speaker 1: Certainly you are on green this point.
Speaker 2: So they did it the first time, and he claimed afterwards he kicked a hole in the wall and told the director, who was Ron Howard, that he couldn't do the role under these conditions. And rather than lose him, what he did was hired as CIA operative to train the actor in techniques to overcome torture. Isn't that wild?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: That is actually unbelievably intense.
Speaker 2: For double O nine nine nine on nine. What are the movie transformations that you can think of? Because the other one that springs to mind is Eddie Murphy and the Nutty Professor.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yes.
Speaker 2: So they made an entire body cast of him in order to create the lightweight handcuff, eurothane, phone and spandex suit that would make the actor appear two hundred and four kilograms heavier.
Speaker 1: He's big boy.
Speaker 2: That's questioning that big Boy and other parts of the suit were filled with cellulose and water to make it look more believable. It took three hours to apply the makeup each day for the entire seventy day shoot.
Speaker 1: So I'm wonder, So it's eight hours or three hours, So it's an eight hour preparation, and that's before you even start work.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct in a thousand a day. The other incredible transformation that has taken place for a movie role is Christian Bale in The Machinist. I want to say Macanus Machinists either or anyway, he lost twenty eight kilograms in four months. Let's just think about that, like I'd like to drop two kilograms. He's dropped twenty eight in four months.
Speaker 1: So he's quite famous for really putting himself through the ringer. Yes, for body transformations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he came out and he said, at the time, my daily thing was generally a bit of coffee and an apple. If I felt like it. I had to eat a pie in a scene, and there was a scene of eating the chicken as well. I tried not to swallow, because it's amazing how you can literally just have a couple of bites or something and your face will expand if you're really that skinny. And at that low point.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about that Christian. I think he was starting to see things at that stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that unbelievable? And I think in one of the greatest transformations of all time was turning you into a radio host with a hot reek and I cut off your bacon and egg rolls for six months and here we are. Thank you, You're welcome, appreciate it. We were just discussing this off air. Who rang who first?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did Sting ring Marshmallow?
Speaker 1: I don't reckon. Sting was calling Marshallow and go, hey, mate, mate, let's do something.
Speaker 2: And did Marshmallow pick up and go hello Marshmallow.
Speaker 1: That's Marshmallow speak. I Sting. Let's get an old pink make this happen. Speaking of bangers, Battle of the Bangers tomorrow at eight o'clock we're going to reveal the winning song. Here's your options here's Jody's choice spread.
Speaker 2: Song fiber Davies up on the wall there at thirteen Gervn Avenue, Glenorchy Hobart, Yep, what a spot or just for the flowing curly locks.
Speaker 1: Good for one day? I loved him and it's themed as well of course Ice House and before me at the bloor at a pop hundred Okay, Electric Blue v I mean it's a good song, but is it great? This song is? And of course if your secondly, we all agree on that food fighters let them fly. You had the trip job on Instagram at Jody Razy and just cast a little vote yes.
Speaker 2: And while you're on our Instagram page, please check out our podcast because we heard from Cat before, who is a beautiful listener of our show and she was on a flight from Alice Springs to Adelaide last week she spotted who she thinks might be the man of her dreams. We are trying to track him down right now.
Speaker 1: This could genuinely be the most beautiful thing that I've ever done. Could and I'm married with.
Speaker 3: Kids literally just had a newborn a couple of weeks ago. Stop it, sorry, Cara, what a way to finish it?
Speaker 1: Go through on It's and nine o'clock. They get myself in trouble.
Speaker 2: We are here, we are if you can help cat out. Please have a listened to the podcast and maybe we could reunite two people that are meant to be together.
Speaker 1: And who knows. If you're looking for the code word for texture TA tape, maybe it's on the podcast as well. All right, that'll do for us, catch your first thing tomorrow. Goodbye, Cadelaide.
Speaker 2: Jody and Hazy are done. Missed any of the show. Catch up from the Nova player and follow them
Speaker 3: Jody and Hazy on the Socials Nova nine one