Speaker 1: From the Sky News Center. This is Paul Murray Live. Thank you girl, walking to our brand new weekend for the most fight up show on Tilly. Glad that you hear it. So you may have heard big news this afternoon in Adelaide.
Speaker 2: To breaking news and in scenes echoing the Bondi Junction attacks, reports of an armed man has sent an Adelaide shopping center into lockdown.
Speaker 3: Where a Westfield shopping center in the city South has just been released from lockdown. Shoppers were alerted to an armed defender, resulting in crowds running for the exits, others forced to take shelter inside.
Speaker 4: A major shopping center in Adelaide South was put into lockdown this afternoon after two groups of boys started fighting in the food court.
Speaker 1: Scary stuff, right. Some of the people who spoke to the media in the immediate panic.
Speaker 5: I think they said something about David Jones and weapons being used if you could find an exit and get out safely to do so.
Speaker 6: We just had everybody like screaming and stuff, and we just saw like a couple of people running and they're so me and me and my friend we just run through.
Speaker 7: And then everyone just started running at us.
Speaker 8: To the exit door, and.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just so people were screaming at us to like, yeah, run out.
Speaker 10: They're extremely, extremely worried and concerned. They don't know what's going on. We've had to update them through the.
Speaker 11: Phone and just let them know that it's okay and just to stay calm, and that's the best.
Speaker 7: We can do.
Speaker 12: We've just hope that nobody's done anything really silly that they're going to regret for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: So obvious concern family members watching stuff on Telly, hearing it on the radio, game Gee, what's going on? Is this bond Ei two point zero? Well, thankfully not. In fact, the police a couple of hours after all of it started came out and said that this was basically a fight between teenagers in the food court.
Speaker 13: In terms of the incident, I have looked at the CCTV. It involves three youth and I will call them boys under eighteen years of a Caucasian appear pearance. They approach another group of boys and an altercation occurs. The expandable batons are seen and at this stage we can't discount any other weapons, but we do have some reports that a knife may be involved.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the bit where I'm going to probably get into trouble if we learn something in the next twenty four hours that is different than what the police had told us today, or more than happily reverse my position and eat my words. And I understand why the shopping center that had been at the heart of things that had taken place the same brand of course in Sydney, wanted to react with full force. Now again, I'm not suggesting that if you were in the food court it is not a scary experience to see teenagers fighting. I'm not pretending that I'd like to get whacked with a baton anytime soon. But very obviously this was not, as best as we know, some sort of mass event where random members of the public were being targeted. This was part of the response of the police. Now remember, yes, perhaps the early calls were someone with a weapon is running around the shopping center. They're running in with machine guns. Now, better safe than sorry is probably the right place to be. But can we go back and play all of those people who were talking to the media, because their panic is obvious, they don't know what's going on. They could think that people are running around with guns thankfully it was the police that were responding to this situation. And I'm sitting here comfortably being able to say what I think should and shouldn't have happened. But to me, this could have been dealt with by local security before we start calling in the cops.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: Yet, the panic or dore I say, potential overreaction, well, that in and of itself creates its own sense of fear. Again that people who spoke to the media today.
Speaker 5: I think they said something about David Jones and weapons being used if you could find an exit and get out safely to do so.
Speaker 6: We just had everybody like screaming and stuff, and we just saw a couple of people running and so me, me and my friend we just run.
Speaker 9: Through and everyone just started running at us to the exit door. And yeah, so people were screaming at us to like, yeah, run out.
Speaker 10: They're extremely, extremely worried and concerned. They don't know what's going on. We've had to update them through.
Speaker 11: The phone and just let them know that it's okay and just to stay calm, and that's the best we can do.
Speaker 12: We've just hope that nobody's done anything really silly that they're going to regret for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: So again, I don't imagine for a second what it's like to be the security guards, the police officers, or the people inside the shopping center. But obviously security should have been able to respond to this. Perhaps this is one of those moments where one of the things that we should have learned out of BONDI was that a security guard should have more than just a walkie talking to respond to certain situations. Not suggesting that all of them need to have guns, but I am suggesting that perhaps the security manager should have access to things like pepper spray, something to be able to de escalate a situation, because there's a whole bunch of other emotions that are connected when police start running around not knowing what they're responding to, but still they're running around with machine guns. Is that in part because of an over militarized police force where every government gives them more money and more powers to respond to potential threats. Perhaps if I got the wrong end of the stick here, I'll gladly own it tomorrow, But it felt like today this was one of those moments where a better armed security force would have been able to deal with this. As opposed to the mass panic that went out across much of suburban Adelaide today. But speaking of the Westfield Centers and the Bondai Center, which of course resulted in people's deaths a couple of months ago. Well, as you remember, the person who became an absolute focus of hate was this bloke we don't use his name. The person who, of course we turned around in love is this person, Police Inspector Amy Scott. She wasn't meant to be in that area, she wasn't part of the overall response. Instead wandered to it, and she's the one who, of course, as you know, I ended up firing the fatal shot, thankfully put the bloke down and ended the situation. Well, she's been given the first of what I would imagine as many Bravery awards, and rightly so. But the reason I mentioned her at the start of tonight's show is because we actually got to hear her speak. Now. Obviously it's her choice not to give interviews, it's her choice to try to not be, as she said on Friday, to be defined by this moment. But I do want to hear from her, and I do want you to hear what she had to say. This in part is what she had to say.
Speaker 12: I don't want people to forget how incredible they were on that day. And you are only as strong as the people around you. And that goes for my incredible family and friends. After that, the other first responders both at the scene and at the hospitals, and the extraordinary acts of bravery that we saw from everyday civilians. It was second to none.
Speaker 1: She represents the best of us and the best of people who run towards trouble when the rest of us will calmly walk away from it. She like every other police officer, and you know, we're very pro police on this program, which is that they are people who they intersect with people at their worst possible time and their worst possible days. But she is right, we are as strong as the people around her. It is not fun to have gone through what she has. It's a traumatic experience for any officer who's had to pull a gun, let alone pull the trigger.
Speaker 12: She had more to say, really importantly as well, are those victims. They're family and friends who will be forever dealing with an unfathomable tragedy. So it's really important for me to keep those people at the forefront of everything, and that's where they are. For me, They're always on my mind.
Speaker 1: Now we've got little gold medals for people who did immense harm like Daniel Andrews. Let's find little gold medals for people who stop harm and end up doing good as a result of preventing that harm. Strength and love, Toney World under you for being able to have the strength to talk about it as she did this weekend. Now you may have heard by now the Opposition has a plan to change where our power comes from nuclear Now, I always mispronounced it. I apologize. I'm Bogan to my core and I practice and practice and practice, but I always end up saying it the wrong way. So I apologize. But we get now the first poll which actually tells us how people feel about Dutton's plan. This would of course be zero emissions in terms of the climate care issues, but obviously it costs a lot of money to make. Well, here's the poll, let's have a look. Here comes out tonight via the channel on newspaper City Morning, Herald of the Age and the Brisbane Times. Forty one percent of people say yes, thirty seven percent of people say no, and up for grabs twenty two percent of people. Now, this is going to be fascinating because it shows that this is a winnable argument for both sides. Is it going to be fear and memes that get their first story? Is it going to be the twenty first century is calling? And this is the same source of energy where places like France, cities like Paris are able to keep the lights on to host things like Olympic Games. Oh yeah, the same by the way, when it comes to Los Angeles and California. But it might of course be the case for Griusblane twenty thirty two if the current government is in place, But it will be should it be Peter Dutton who is the Prime minister going into those Olympic Games in Queensland. As you can see, fifty one percent of Labor voters no, sixty percent of Coalition voters yes, fifty one percent of Greens voters are no. But really interesting to see that twenty two percent of people are unshort. Now, remember we were looking at Poles when it was allegedly sixty forty in favor of yes when it came to the voice. Now, it is always easier to be on the no side of a case, if you want to ram ram ram, you can say many things against a policy rather than advocacy of a policy. And I think we're starting to see a sort of a revenge of the voice that is coming out of the federal government and trying to get back as if they were the opposition to the opposition, as opposed to the government needing to justify their own policies. Here but wait, watch and see twenty two percent still up for grabs. We will find out as the week's roll on who is winning that debate, because I think who wins it quickly is going to be the one who ends up winning it in the end. Now, of course, it doesn't really matter whether fifty one or fifty five or sixty percent of Australia likes something or doesn't like something. It's about how it plays in one hundred and fifty one different little elections within elections that, of course, we are due towards the end of this year or early next year. As for direct propositions about renewables versus nuclear power, here we go. The red here is that Labour wants to get to renewables and the Coalition wants to go for the nuclear option. Forty three percent of people are in favor of Labour's position. That means, of course that even if you started to cut in half the number of undecideds, then clearly that ends up in favor of the Labor Party. Again, regardless of whether you like the policy or don't. I try to show you the data so you know where it comes from. Course that is helped by a huge result in Green's voters and Labor voters. What is missing, of course from some of this data is how do the people who don't vote for major parties, How does it go state by state? What's it like in the cities versus the bush, because that will give us more information about what is actually going to happen when it comes to the potential political consequences. Now, people are basically asked to rate out of one hundred percent the types of energy that they are most comfortable with. An extreme majority of people are completely in love with the concept of solar panels on their roof feeding into a battery, meaning they essentially get to cut themselves off from the rest of the grid. The best part of what eighty eight percent of people, according to the same pole, say that that is the number one and preferred form of energy. After that you get hydro electricity. Now, of course we know that snowy two point zero could be costing what how many billion dollars more, but still people seem to like the idea renewables in general. Then we keep going down the road to a solo farms about fifty percent, home batteries under fifty percent gas powered, as well as wind turbines. Wind turbines are really low compared to a solar and we all know because of the impacts that happen on the land that we're getting now down to thirty four percent when it comes to things that the government is actually getting over the line at the moment when it comes to say, offshore wind farms, nuclear just an eight percent and then cole way back at two percent. But I'm surprised that the numbers were even that high for the alternative prime minister's position because the same newspaper, the same news organization has been going wild with the number of articles and opinion pieces and cartoons that day after day after day after day after day they have been giving very heavy firepower to the Labor Party. These are just some of the cartoons that make him a Soviet style leader. Or there he is glum looking like mister Nuclear in front of little old renewables elbow there. Apparently, of course gas and renewables aren't part of the Duton planned the fact that we know they are. Otherwise he's presented as a clown. Or if that's all too subtle for you, he's a bomber who's literally dropping nuclear bombs onto solar panels, just in case they aren't subtle enough for you. And as I say, story after the story after the story after story after story, we all know where they are. That's fine. They're independent always apart from the fact that you can't find anyone back in what in their own poll, a significant number of people are open too, and that is not an all renewables future. We even get the cartoon of him as Homer Simpson looking stupid, and that's of course because he's balled, you see, so he's looking stupid. Apparently he's fat, no i am, And for some reason there's a melting ice cream just to make their point nice and clear. And this is where we get to when I so often have talked about the difference between news and narrative, Now clearly on this program. This is a comment based program. But also during this significant portion of the show where I give my comment, it is behovin on me to try to give you dar to try to show you things like poles you may agree or disagree with. Try to show you things from the Bureau Statistics, try to show you things from the CSIRO, and then watch all of the politics around it. And you may disagree with the politics that is around it or the comment that I put on it. But I try to start from this agreed place of a piece of data. For that said, though the Opposition leader was at a Liberal Party conference this weekend pushing the barrow, the.
Speaker 14: Coalition's energy policy will see Australia achieve our three goals of cheaper, cleaner and consistent power. In the more immediate term, we will ramp up domestic gas production to get power prices down and to restore stability in the grid.
Speaker 1: Surprisingly, Anthony Abernezi, while not responding to the speech, we know how he feels about it.
Speaker 15: I mean, this is just a fantasy.
Speaker 8: Instead of snow White and the seven Dwarves, this is Peter Dutton, the seven nuclear reactors.
Speaker 1: See what I mean that the revenge for the voice. Thing even saw one of the labor ministers saying, well, if you don't know, oh so clever they see, this is the opportunity to prove how crazy and unstable and out of touch and all the rest of it, the sort of giant caricature that they've tried to build of Peter dutt't for some time. And now they say this is the policy that proves it. But there's one or two talking points that I can't help but say, are you serious now? The CSIRO, of course, a scientific organization, somehow has become at the center of the conversation about economics about how much does all of this cost. I went into some chapter and verse with you about the idea that the renewable system that we are currently in the middle of is many hundreds of billions of dollars, and the Peter Dutton plan is about six to eight billion dollars per these sites. But of course, remember let's imagine let's bump them up to ten, let's bump them up to twenty billion dollars. It's still way below the amount of federal government money which is being put into the building of renewables. So either way you pay, it is the case with renewables, it is the case with nuclear. But of course the grand difference here is that, ironically, this is the Daniel Andrews approach, which is to build things that are into the power grid that are therefore owned by the taxpayer, not money given to private organizations to just get it built, like the Billion Dollar Fund, which, among others, people like Mike cannon Brooks and companies connected to Malcolm Turnpull have got their hand out for the government doesn't own shares in those. It will help them get up, help them get building, but there's no return to the taxpayer. Of course, these facilities will be owned by the taxpayer and presumably will not be as interested in the profit motive, meaning when they set their prices. But still the CSIRO. Now, Tanya Plibasik, she was on the telly today and God loves she's trying to find a reason to scare you about Peter Dutton's power plan.
Speaker 4: We know that this will cost hundreds of billions of dollars, hundreds of billions of dollars that Australian taxpayers would rather see spent on hospitals, roads and schools than expensive, risky nuclearyactors.
Speaker 1: The balls, hundreds of billions of dollars that should otherwise go to hospitals and schools and police. Well, let's go back to the CSORO. Let's read the top line of their very statement about the cost of renewable energy. Now, in two thousand and seveneen they put out a report which set it to cost one t for trillion dollars. That now updated their stats and it is now just a mere five hundred billion dollars to move completely to renewables. So go back and play Tell your PLUPI sick again. She's saying the reason we shouldn't follow Peter Dutton's idea on power is because it will cost hundreds of billions. Well, mate, your version costs hundreds of billions of dollars.
Speaker 4: We know that this will cost hundreds of billions of dollars, hundreds of billions of dollars that Australian taxpayers would rather see spent on hospitals, roads and schools than expensive, risky nucleary actors.
Speaker 1: As opposed to solar panels that if there's a giant hailstorm, you have to replace them. Wind turbines which run out of a lifestyle, run out of their lifespan in a couple of decades, all of which becomes landfill. Just what out the back of Burke Again, my issue on this subject has been unchanged for as long as we've been talking together on the Telly cost of transition. Now they say there's no cost of transition when it comes to renewables reality according the CSIRO, apparently the great economic modelers of the CSIRO, and yes, of course they're singular, little uncollective brain span is far bigger than mine. The bloke who is the security guard in the car park would no doubt ace in any intellectual test in the world. But there's some common sense sitting right in front of us here. If we're going to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a form of energy, which one do you go with? That's the debate. That's it. If they're trying to scare you about cost while ignoring their plan that costs more and does not have a technology that will last as long or be as effective, then they assume you've got no idea what's going on. But you do, and you can see this for everything that it is. Meantime, I want to show you again very helpful that This map was put up by the ABC. It shows the seven different sites that are on their way potentially under the Dutton plan. Now, as you can see, the blue are coalition seats. Red is a Labor seat. There's a gray which is an independent seat, but that's in Bloke, who was elected as a National then declared himself to be an independent because he was scared of a teal So he's trying to sort of out teel a teel or pre teel ateel. So essentially six out of the seven are in coalition seats. So, as I said to you last week, the real bet here for Peter Dutton is that he is gambling with his own seats. He's not coming up with seats he needs to win. These are seats that he would need to hold. So how's the polling going there? Again, this was fresh word and numbers that came via The Australian reported for sky News. Here that as you can see that there is growing support in the regions. It sits basically at about fifty to fifty. Now again you'll see lots of poles from lots of people, but I'm going to show you the data. Now, I don't trust the poles from the Australia Institute whi's are far left wing, sort of greenstink tank. I don't care what the teels are going to come up with polling equally, I don't care what the nuclear industry is going to come up with. But right now, majority of people in the places that will end up with these things are currently pro By the way, Pete Dutton, free piece of marketing advice. Tell everyone in these seats they will get free power under the plan for at least twenty years, and then watch other places start to put their hand up saying what free energy for twenty years?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 1: I'm up, I'm in now. Of course, the other side of this is where much of the media that is writing the articles or doing the cartoons or setting their hair on fire about this is the option because the climate warth were ended in twenty twenty two, because apparently that was the forever election. No, if that policy at all passed. Yes, it was forty three percent emissions. Yes it was a massive jump in renewables, but there was a promise of two hundred and seventy five dollars when it comes to your power bills. That's never going to happen. Oh, but they're not breaking that promise. The modeling has just changed anyway. David Little Proud is dunking as hard as he possibly can on the teels. Now this makes me feel good because I don't know the teals. I don't know how this helps the cause though, But have a look.
Speaker 15: Don't your fellow Australians count?
Speaker 8: And I just say, we seek to understand those TiAl members of Parliament, but they should seek to understand us of the burden they're asking regional Australians to bear. I mean, is it is so entitled for them to look down their nose dripping with self righteous sanctimony, saying this is the only pathway, but to hell with our lifestyle.
Speaker 1: And this is the point, as I have said how many times in a row, the teel seats don't have any plans for some sort of electricity generation, all right. They're not going to have a solar farm, they're not going to have wind turbines, they're not going to even have them offshore. So they're able to say renewables all the way. Why because maybe some of the people can have solar panels on their roof and sort of cut themselves off from the overall grid. Fine, fair enough. Maybe there's even plans for batteries at the end of streets, so one little streak can hive itself off from another little street. But let's be really honest here. They don't have any skin in the game because they don't have to have the solar panels, they won't have the nucular power plants, they don't have to have the coal fire power plants. So they're able just to push the agenda knowing that whatever happens, they won't see any of the consequences. These are the people who go nuts if you want to build a unit block in their part of Australia, let alone trying to change energy creation. Perfect example NEPO baby riding in the again Sidnay Morning Herald. What a surprise, says Dutton's given up on the till seats. What about a nuclear reactor in Vorklues. Oh yeah, cool, Okay, But I don't believe that you guys have got skin in the game until you're willing to say, you know what, let's have the same burden they have in regional Australia. I'm not suggesting that we should cover all of Centennial Park in Sydney with solar panels or wind farms. But maybe you could just hive off a little bit of a doggy park just to show that you are willing to have in your part of Australia. What is happening in regional Australia every single day and under this plan of this government, these teals, this green and this media more more more every day, thousands of solar panels, thousands of wind farms. Again, when you have one in your electorate, then you can say you're part of the solution. If you don't have any of these options in your electorate, then you are just playing the politics of all of it. People in regional Australia don't hate renewable energy because they don't believe in climate change. They are sick of seeing big companies that will make big money with big government just rolling over the top of them. And it doesn't matter whether it's Mudgy, or it's Ballarat, or it's Queensland or it's offshore wind in other places, locals, funnily enough, just like in the teal seats, don't want to see their suburbs change forever. So we can ruin the earth to save the atmosphere. Oh yeah, one percent of the atmosphere, while China does whatever it wants till twenty thirty. Back in the real world, where cost of living is the front and center, it's the main game. We talk about it every night because it's the thing that is affecting your life, your friend's life, your family's life. Now, of course you're struggling to find a way to pay the same bills you did six months ago, twelve months ago, two years ago, twelve interest rate rises since this Prime Minister came to office. Of course, it doesn't matter for Albow and charmers, because they, of course just last week got their third pay rise this term, the second highest in a decade. The highest and a decade was the one before this. Three in one term six hundred thousand dollars. So this may surprise some of the politicians, who of course may be hate watching the show. But the facts are here from that pesky right wing thing tank, the Australian Bureau of Statistics about the number of people who have multiple jobs in the country. It's almost a million people who currently work more than one job to make ends meet. Figures from the Bureau of statistics show record one hundred and seventy four thousand people have had more than one job in March of this year, equivalent to about one in fifteen workers or six point seven percent of total employment. This matter is because the number between nine and ninety five and twenty nineteen was somewhere between five and six percent of people who had more than one job, and we are way above that, close to almost seven percent. Once you start to get down into the states, Victoria is the highest, with the overall number of two hundred and seventy two thousand people juggling more than one job. That's seven point three percent of overall employment. Remember between nine and only five twenty nineteen, it was five percent of people who had two jobs. Now one state alone Victoria seven point three percent, basically the same number of South Australia and Tasmania. Owen they've got the calcula are out. I should the calculator out. I should tell you are in lefty land. Remember the truth of the two little too late tax cuts that we have called too little too late all year, because they are.
Speaker 16: And we've got one hundred and seven billion dollars in tax cuts flowing in the coming year years from July already and that will provide that average tax cut of thirty six dollars a week.
Speaker 1: Well, the Guardian decided to well, talk to their mates inside the government, get out the calculator and guess what. Thirty six dollars a week. Magically, if you have two people working, becomes sixty dollars a week. So this is the new way to tell people. Okay, the reality's thirty something bucks, but if it's two of you at sixty dollars. But again, the arrogance of these people to think that sixty dollars is enough to turn anyone's life around. Remember, if you earn forty five thousand dollars, it's fifteen bucks a week. So the average, yes, might be where the average person is working sort of up around the seventies and eighties, maybe a little bit higher. But for the people who are actually struggling, actually in a hole, trying to pay for House twelve, infrastrate rises since this bloke became Prime minister, powerbells up the ying yang because we absolutely have to. We can only go renewables, and that's hundreds of billions of dollars. But the other guy's idea that could cost hundreds of billions of dollars, so the frustration for obvious reasons. Oh yeah, and remember how every time you've heard about these cost of living assistances which aren't really going to touch the sides, but as an overall issue, when inflation is still stubborn and not getting down to that two to three percent margin that the Reserve Bank needs it to get down to. While they keep saying this is a way of saying, trust us not adding to inflation, not adding to inflation, while not adding to inflation, well, of course, if it does add to inflation, then the Reserve Bank, who of course is not cutting interest rates. Remember at the last monthly meeting they talked about raising them, not cutting them. They thankfully have held on. But they're still holding on while the squeeze is the titus that's been in a generation. If these things are inflationary, then guess what they're going to put up rates again? And funnily enough, the good people of Westpac Banking organization they were the subject of this story. A sixty billion dollar jump in federal and state government spending in the coming financial year will add to inflation and risks keeping interest rates higher for longer. The Westpac senior economist says this extra money was equivalent to a fiscal impulse worth two point two percent of GDP in the coming financial year. So just just chug a chugger, chug it. Just the machine, right, it just rolls over the top of you. But the people who are writing all the laws, they're fine. They get pay rises that are the highest in the decade, or the second highest in the decade, or they get three of them since they became the leaders of this country. Oh but we're giving you back thirty something dollars of your own money. I wonder if you've got somebody who loves you, then it might be sixty dollars. Please be thankful. The crumbs taste lovely. Well. Small business, I mean every single night I can tell you a story about small business that's struggling. But guess what are two of the major driving factors that are currently causing massive problems for small businesses around the country. That's right, fuel and power costs. So they're trying to scare you about a bloke's policy that will cost less than the current policy, and you pay more tax than ever before because they've increased it on fuel oh yeah, vote for them because they care about cost of living. Please the other one. It plays jingle bells as they say, all right, here we go, thank you. Now, as you know, this week Friday is going to be the first of the debates between Trump and Biden. Now, there are some people who say one will pull out, both will pull out, somebody will find a reason. But no, let's assume it's taking place this Friday, the debate between Trump and Biden. Now, it's not going to be like the one in twenty twenty, not just because they're cutting the mics off and not showing both of them at the same time, but that setting there is the Official President's Debate Commission. Well, that's all been pushed on one side. This is just turn up in a studio and see, ann we won't show anyone walking on, we won't show anyone walking off, nobody's shaking hands, Your MC gets cut off when it's the end of your answer, and we're not going to be able to show both of them at the same time. So all of that is the conditions in and around the debate. Donald Trump, he's not doing much debate prep. If he is, he's doing it in between rallies, because he's saying things like this at a recent rally today in front of tens of thousands of.
Speaker 17: People, he could fall off the stage, he could fall up the stairs.
Speaker 1: He falls up.
Speaker 17: From twenty thousand feet of paratroopers.
Speaker 1: Landing right in front of him.
Speaker 17: Everybody or the foreign leaders are watching, and he turns around to look at a tree, right nah, And then they say it was fake.
Speaker 1: He was fine, and then the press goes along with it. They go along with it. Now Biden is currently a Camp David, which of course is the rural retreat for the president. That's where he's currently doing his debate prep. As I say, whether Trump's just not going to do any of it, he's just going to wing it, or he's doing it behind the scenes, we'll all wait and see. But hopefully he brings props with him, because this is how he explains bid nomics.
Speaker 18: On day one, we will throw out badenamics and replace it with maganamics. Correctly, Under Baden, the economy is in ruins. Inflation has cost the typical family twenty eight thousand dollars. Think of that.
Speaker 1: The infletion is killing people. Now, as for the polls, I want to show you something that's changed this month, and it's nationally who's winning. I'm going to show you a lot of these between now and November. But there's a website called five thirty eight. Yes, lefty leaning in its commentary, but its data is pretty solid, okay, which is about a month ago, Trump was leading nationally by about a point and a bit. Tonight Biden is leading by zero point three. So this is all margin of era stuff. But as you know, it's not about the national vote because the mega states will go through the roof for Trump and the lefty states will go through the roof for Biden. It's all about swing states. So let me show you a map. This is a great website, by the way, two seventy dot com you two seventy to win dot com that I used. So in the top right hand corner is Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania down moving around clockwise here, Georgia is the next one, which is sort of in the bottom right of the country. Then we start to move towards California, where Arizona and Nevada are Okay, based off current polls right now, we would end up with the Republicans at two eighty seven, two eighty seven electoral votes. That is Trump winning Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania. But what's really important about those things is Pennsylvania he won in twenty sixteen, but he lost in twenty twenty. Before that, Republicans had basically not won since Reagan or even before then, Nevada, they haven't won it in decades. So if he does that, it's historic and he clearly becomes the president. However, look at this map. If Biden wins Nevada and Pennsylvania, he wins two seventy six to the Republicans to sixty two. So it's tight. So now you can start to look not just at fifty states. You look at seven states, You look at six states, you look at four states. Now pretty much the data to keep your eyes on. Here is Trump still leading in Nevada and in Pennsylvania. If he does, he wins. If he doesn't, he loses, and four more years or most likely two years of Biden and two years of Harris. All right, I've talked too long. Quick breakback with more in a moment. No looks they left his Sunday night. We'll get their bold predictions. In a sector as run. Dmc famously said you talk too much, very patiently waiting none other than James Ashby running of course for One Nation in the seat of Ypoon, sorry Keppel in the Queensland election Christy McSweeney with the pr Council lovely, lovely people. All right, So James, just in terms of political messaging, right like you've seen literally just the craziest of responses to the Duton nuclear stuff. Right. The polls right now say there's about twenty two percent of people undecided. We'll all wait and see how that goes. But I'm going to play it for the third time. This is tenure plupersex chief argument against him, which is we're costing too much money. Roll at one more time and your immediate response off the back, mate, go.
Speaker 4: He is saying to Australians, I don't trust you. I don't trust you with the costings we've done. If he's done the costings, or he's saying we've announced a policy without costing it is when has an opposition ever gone to the Australian people with something as fundamental as saying we're going to slam the brakes on renewables, We're going to move to nuclear instead, and they've done it without a costing.
Speaker 1: I mean, seriously, James.
Speaker 2: Taking media advice from Linda Bernie's old advice by the sounds, but in fact it might be better to roll Linda out.
Speaker 15: She might have something half decent to say on this.
Speaker 2: So ill prepared Labor for this announcement that they have been caught off guard, and Labor really don't have an argument against Peter Dutton's very sensible plan for a stability of not only our electricity grid but also our economic future as well, because if we're to sustain the manufacturing that we want in this country, there's not much left.
Speaker 15: We've got to have reliable, cheap power.
Speaker 2: And look, if there's one thing I could employ you to have a sensible conversation with your people at News Corp. Any of the newspapers. Don't put these stories behind payballs. Make sure that the Australian people can read all the data, all the debate, both sides of the argument. I think all your newspapers did a very good job during the voice and I think this debate here is equally as important. Can I also say how proud I am of the people for actually saying in that questionnaire that they were undecided. That's a really bold move from a lot of Australian people to actually say, look, I haven't made a decision because I don't know the facts on this. I think the more we can inform people about how reliable power will be in this country. If we've got a mix of power from nuclear, wind, solar, the whole lot gas.
Speaker 15: Included too, we will not end up like a.
Speaker 2: Basket case electricity grid like they've got in South Africa. You speak to anyone who's recently come out of South Africa. They don't have stability in their grid and so they've got these rolling blackouts that.
Speaker 15: Happen every single day.
Speaker 2: Every house has got to have a generator which is fired up with either petrol or diesel, and it's because they don't have stability. We've been told towards the end of this year we're likely to have rolling blackouts in some parts of the country. I don't want that. I'm sure nobody in this country wants it. But until we get it, I don't think people realize how good we've had it in this country for a long time. I say, well, Doneder Peter Dutton, I say, well done to the Coalition as a whole for putting forward sensible policy that Australia now can differentiate the two Labor who want instability in our power and the Coalition who want to make sure that everybody has cheap reliable power as we move forward as a nation.
Speaker 1: Such an important point, Christy, about that undecided factor, right, because remember the early pollings in there around the voice there was only two options, and that's certain you were forced to make a decision. And when forced to make a decision, we got to sixty forty. But if you see right now, forty one thirty seven, forty one in favor of it, thirty seven against, twenty two up for grabs. Presumably by this point in time, if you weren't tending then you probably will start trending towards yes as an idea. But the blitz greak of information coming back against it, the endless flood of cartoons. And I'm not just talking from Labor INMPS here, Christy, that twenty two percent they're open to an argument, but will they be able to hear one.
Speaker 7: Well, the government's made a few whears this week.
Speaker 9: It's not like the coal is hasn't given them several months to work on a decent attack to this, and what they came up with was, I think it was Richard Miles not being able to combat how much the renewable energy cost of their agenda would be versus the nuclear energy cost. So it's a bit of well, if you can't land a number on yours, why are you baiting the coalition into delivering a cost. It's also a failure to recognize that the Government didn't go to the last election with a whole swag of policies either. It was a considerable small target election where they played Scott Morrison as their major attack rather than a policy suite for Australia, so much so that the Prime Minister was even caught on the back foot being wedged into a responding at a press conference that he would give people a five point one percent wage hip, something that he rolled back.
Speaker 7: And then decided to support.
Speaker 9: So that was essentially industrial relations policy on the run, which turned into something that they heralded.
Speaker 7: So a couple of.
Speaker 9: Errors are Springfield and The Simpsons. Memes and The Simpsons debuted on Australian television and in the US in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 7: This is old.
Speaker 9: Narrative, old messaging for old policy and old rerun of wars to satisfy the aging hippie base of labor, and of course we know they are dominant in Labour's left faction. Young people are willing to have the discussion around well, we're technology natives. We've grown up with technology to develop policy solutions. Yes, renewable is great technology as well, but nuclear is also great technology. They don't see the difference of one technology is better than another technology. They are viewing, well, let's use all technology to solve policy challenges.
Speaker 1: Well, remember the fourteen year old kid who absolutely schooled the minister when he was on Channel two a little bit earlier in the year. Now, this is a this is a wed through. I'm not entirely sure what we're supposed to do as the response to this, but there's a story around suggesting that people who migrate to the country will be at a disadvantage when it comes to their retirement because they haven't been there their entire working life. In order to put money into superannuation, and supposedly it's about one hundred and forty thousand dollars which will end up as the divide between people who have been working their whole lives or paying super since the nineties and those that have arrived recently. Okay, well that's fairly obvious, James, that's maths. But what is the suggestion we're supposed to top it up on the number of years that you weren't here. What's the get their apparent problem? But what's the apparent solution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I looked at this myself today and I was thinking to myself, what are you asking us to do. You're asking us to give you this big fat check upon arrival. Sorry, if it doesn't suit you, don't come here. You've got to plan your future as much as I've got to do the same. And the same families whose wife decides that she wants to take the next twelve years off to raise the kids, their economic decisions that families have got to make. Paul, one of the biggest things that we've got here is a problem with our superannuation scheme with migrants as it is. And I say that because we bring in several million people to work in this country for a very short period of time on different visas. When they leave the country, they're able to cash their Super out. Perhaps we've got to look at what we do with those people, because Super was designed for retirement, not for backpackers who want to come here for two years, work on fruit farms and in various different industries, and then when they go take that money out of our economy. Maybe we look at how we repurpose that, don't allow them to cash it out when they leave the country. But yeah, I didn't know what the purpose of this story was, to be quite frank. And I hope that we're not paying for this into the future.
Speaker 1: Yeh, I'm with your sibold predictions. I'm not two his time. Also, we'll have a chat about METS and a brand new pole telling us that we don't really like protests, even the so called peaceful ones. More and to seek here on Paul Murray Live this Sunday night. Thanks for watching. Send me an email Paul at skynews dot com dot you. This time next week we're going to be in Bruceman if you'd like to join us in McGregor outsound at skynews dot com dot A you this Sunday night. Thank you for watching here with James Ashby and with Christy McSweeney Christy. You go first off the rank here, which is another pole, same people about the nuclear thing, but this time about protests. Apparently, only fifty three percent of people believe that a legitimate protest is having a rally in a park or outside of Parliament. Forty one percent say marching on the streets. Then we start to fall camping at universities just fourteen percent of people say that it's okay, blocking access to an MP's office ten percent, then protesting at the home of somebody nine percent, with the assistance of the ABC not quite asked, and then we start to go down and down and down until we eventually get to a damage an electorate office, which amazingly four percent of people think is okay. This is a great insight because I would have thought that holding a rally would have been eighty percent of people are okay with it, but only fifty three percent. Is that because we're a little protested out? Well?
Speaker 7: Are they all from Melbourne like me? And that protest fatigue?
Speaker 9: I've lost sight and lost count of every time I look out my office window in Spring Street and see some crowd or another protesting on the steps of Parliament or blocking traffic with extinction, rebellion or where I live in sin Kilda East, Free Palestine, right in the heart of Jewish dominance, Sinkida East.
Speaker 7: So we have fatigue here in Melbourne.
Speaker 9: It's nice to see that the rest of the country is probably also suffering a little bit of fatigue with people jumping on woke bandwagons and may I say quite often many people protesting don't have any critical thought or insight into what they actually are protesting, and that's a whole other discussion. But of course people have the right to protest freely and peacefully.
Speaker 7: But hasn't it just gone a little bit too far?
Speaker 1: Well, what about this? Just sixty seven percent of green photos think that it's okay to hold a rally at a park or go outside Parliament. Only fifty percent of eighteen to thirty four year olds think it's okay to do the same. So Jones, we are learning here that the apparent militancy and the hard leftism and the great changes in our democracy that everyone wants to take the strict guess what, it's garbage pushed by university students or their alumni who love it. The average Australian is not turned on by this stuff.
Speaker 2: No, thankfully, we don't have protests here in your pun And when I am in Brisbane and I do see a protest, I always look for two things.
Speaker 15: If it's full of I turn a blind eye. I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: And I look for the hair color, because if it's multicolored green and blue hair, I just go again not interested.
Speaker 15: We have had a gutfull. I think Christy's all right.
Speaker 2: Once upot a time when you saw a protest you thought, okay, well, obviously this is upset a few people. Now we're protesting absolute rubbish. These in camps or whatever you want to call them at the universities. They should have been moved on. They should never have been allowed to happen in the first place. I despise anybody who ruins somebody else's property. I hate it, whether it be a parliamentary office or somebody's house. You shouldn't be spray painting stuff on people's walls and shouldn't be destroying them. So no, I'm over the protests. They've lost their merit. And for anyone that wants to disrupt traffic blue themselves to roads, I reckon sink the boot into them.
Speaker 15: I can't stand those buggets.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm with you, just the frustration that the visceral frustration people have. Right, it's yeah, all right, let's get a bold predictions for the weekend. Christi Bigsweeney, it's absolutely definitely happening this week apart from Trump and Biden. Eleven am Friday here on Sky News.
Speaker 9: Look, I think we are going to see the government get the shock of its life, no pun intended.
Speaker 7: When the polls for people.
Speaker 9: Willing to have that discussion around clear energy might move from twenty two percent undecided to people having another week or so to think about it might move into the yes positive column.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too. We suddenly get these proper polls actually breaking it down on the question, we'll get into it. And again that don't again, don't be afraid. I'm sure don't know. It's okay as a position a right, James, your thoughts on the prediction for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only nuclear meltdown over the next two weeks will be within the Labor Party and every pun will be put in this Fridays Please explain cartoon thing. The only political party who can get away with doing cartoons is one nation.
Speaker 1: I got to say ps this week by the give Up Sensational, Sensational and Gold Logi nominee Robert Irwin thankfully went no further than just appearing inside the cartoon. Thank you guys to appreciate it. We'll see you again next week. Thank you guys, appreciate it. No books, no lefties, And speaking of the logies, not generally we don't get in for that stuff. But a really lovely man has been nominated for the Gold Logi. He's been in the television industry for decades and he is the gold standard of the way you should conduct yourself as a professional in the business. His name is Larry Emder. Larry has done everything from news to variety shows and of course is there on the morning show over on Channel seven. For what it's worth, Let's all go, let's go all in for Larry. All right, Larry for the Gold I don't know how you do it and vote in text and all the rest of it. Larry's a lovely bloke. I'm sure my endorsement's really going to help. But still he is a lovely bloke and he deserves the award. If the award is actually about people who deserve the award, for their commitment to the television industry. Love you Las, all right, here's the Royal Report see tomorrow.