Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the math Swhenny podcast with me Joshua Fox, aka the guy behind the Maths twenty page. We're now into the second week of season twelve and things are getting messy. In today's podcast, I'm focusing on Marena and Tony, this year's token oled, a couple who we watch get married during tonight's episode. And despite Tony's rogue be cousin being a literal flop and trying to ruin things by saying she's too old, these two actually seem like a genuine match and these hope they're like, take a listen to this.
Speaker 2: I am super happy. I love the way he engaged with everyone. He's just divine rule gentlemen. Cheers, cheers, cheers you So I can't wait to get to know him.
Speaker 1: So now is the whole of Australia asks themselves or do we finally have the love story we've been waiting for this year? Here? I am just saying, uh, well about that before I continue. Obviously, there's about to be heaps of spoilers, so it's your choice if you continue to listen. If you do listen and then don't like the spoiler, don't then message me saying you ruined it and spoil it. Yeah, it's a spoiler. That's the point of a spoiler, to spoil what's coming up. Sorry, a bit of a ramp there came out of nowhere. I apologize for that. Anyway, I've gone full DIY detective and all of the evidence I'm about to present to you may be circumstantial at best, but when we put it all together, it's safe to say that no, not only are they not together anymore, but they potentially even fucking hate each other, which takes me to evidence number one. The Instagram story. Over the holidays, Morena went and a little vacation with the two kids. Who can I say, we're actually so cute uring the wedding episode with the speech and after arriving at the result, they were staying at in Cans. Sounds so austraightly want to say that Cans anyway, Yeah, once they arrived there, I was sent this Instagram story that Morena shared, you know, just being excited about the trip. Take and listen to this.
Speaker 2: We have a rap performance resort. Have a look how amazing these places? Treble b thank you so much. I will ever'd be grateful I think me and my kids are gonna love this bond, especially I'm stared on them for two months. Amazing, amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Now you're probably thinking, wait, Josh, how does that suggest her and TONI are over? Well? Did you hear how she said like she missed out on them two months in a kind of negative way. I'm miss staring on them for two months, those two months she's referred to when she was away filming, and it's like she's not looking back on that positively anyway. That got me curious, and then it brought me to evidence number two, the paparazzi pictures. So on September thirteenth, twenty twenty four, about a month and a half after filming her wedding to Tony, Yahoo Lifestyle ran a set of pat pictures of Marena seemingly being kicked off the show. She was sat on a bench near the building the shows filmed out, looking sad. She was surrounded by a suit cases. He was knowing that, and she just seemed over the whole experience. To just go straight to the source, I reached out to the photographer who took those pictures, Ben McDonald, who runs Australia's big as photo agency and matrix and media group. And he's also the founder of new websites so Sydney, which a lot of you will see, and is posting like pap pictures behind the scenes of Maths on the daily because he was there on the daily and took thousands of pictures. So take a listen to what he told me.
Speaker 3: So I've been covering Maths since about season three, so that makes what about that nine years or so, and in all that time, I've not seen anything like this.
Speaker 4: Typically when someone leaves the experiment, the producers like to kind of keep it on the lowdown. They don't want us to know necessarily who's in and out of the experiment. So what we typically see is just a car or a taxi of uber coming out of a car park, and you might not necessarily know who's in the car, but that's pretty much all you see. You just have an idea that up they're out. They didn't sho up to the dinner party or the next dinner party, and that's how they'd control it. So it was really kind of unusual to see a contestant, in this case Marina, coming out of the hotel by themselves and organizing their own departure and their own pickup, and it was really unceremonious. And the thing about it, it's almost like they're being thrown to the wolves, you know, like they've just been thrown out on the curb with no assistance from producer to coordinate their exit, to keep them away from the paths. And so, yeah, that was her, That's what happened with her. She just walked out the door, out the front of the hotel with about five or six bags, and she sat down on the bench seat just outside the door. And we were just coming back from getting a coffee around the corner when I've seen this going down. So there she is coming out of the hotel, sits down on the bench seat, and of course we've gone over to see what's going on, you know, and start started chatting to her. But she was kind of guarded, you know, she didn't give too much away, but it was clear that she was pretty annoyed about something, and she made a lot of remarks about Tony not wanting it because because she's too old. And then a friend of hers rocks up in a little hatchback and they tried to stick all those bags into that hatchpack and it was it was like playing tetris. We kind of felt bad for us, so we ended up giving her hand packing the all those suitcases in that little car and.
Speaker 3: Off she went.
Speaker 4: And that was art, but it was just it was just really odd and I hadn't seen anything like that in the whole time I'd been doing this, So I'm not sure if she just started getting on someone, grading on someone's nerves, the producers had had enough of her, or she just cracked it and went I'm out of here. But yeah, kind of odd because she just like she didn't get any help.
Speaker 1: Evidence. Number three Dean Wells. You guys may remember Dean from the whole Dean and Divina storyline back and so season five in twenty eighteen, which feels like a literal lifetime ago.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Randomly, last week he gave an interview to Sky News talking about Morena, which firstly, is really odd because why is sky News even covering married at First Sight when these literal wars and actual news to be reporting on. But yeah, the headline they ran with was Matt's villain, Morena plunges this year's season into chaos. And then here's what it said like inside the article. Speaking exclusively to sky news dot com, do Au Wells, who appeared in season five in twenty eighteen, said Marenna's no holds bad personality and desire to be her authentic self put her at odds with producers. Well said, Marenna called out the producers on camera for what she perceived to be manipulation tactics to make the show more dramatic. Early today, I asked Dino to send me a little voice note just elaborating on this and also asking what the fuck happened, and he basically said all the drama started when Morena found out that Tony was still legally married to his ex. Take a listen to this.
Speaker 5: From what I understand, and Marenna.
Speaker 6: Is not happy with the situation where she's been matched with a married man, and apparently she stands up and goes off with the producers and just has a go at him and calls them out and calls and produces out by name the head producer who's Tara. Marena jumps up and has a big go at her and then storms out.
Speaker 5: From what I understand, I don't know. I wasn't there.
Speaker 6: I can't confirm, but that's what I've heard and I have met Marena.
Speaker 5: I think she's an awesome person. She's a legend.
Speaker 6: She's a feisty, strong woman who seems like she's been fucked around by the mass producers and she's you know, standing up for herself and fighting back, so good honor. I think she's a legend. And you know, I can't wait to see how they put this in the show. I don't know what's gonna happen with the edit.
Speaker 5: Who knows what.
Speaker 6: They're gonna show because I know they don't like showing behind the scenes stuff on the show, and especially if it involves the producers and bad me. I think the producers, So who knows what they're going to show. But I know for a fact Marena stood up to the producers pushed back on him and told them, you know, this is not fair what you've done to me.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's going to be interesting and MAT's love to us.
Speaker 6: She's a champion, she's an amazing person. She's a really bold, big personality, and I think she's going to do really well on the show and after the show, So yeah, she'd be interesting.
Speaker 1: Side note, can I just say, I'm actually obsessed with this and just the idea of her being like, excuse me, no, won't be doing that, won't be saying that. No, we're not filming that scene. And now evidence number four, some intel I got from another source connected to the show. I'm told that despite everything I've just said, Morena and Tony still had like a very long and dramatic on and off kind of thing. And we're on the show for most of the season. And although it seems obvious that well it ends with her leaving and they break up, some people now are kind of suggesting they could still be hoped for them, like present day wants, they just are settled and the whirl wind surrounding the show ends. So I suppose we'll wait and see, although to be honest, this info sounds more like someone scrambling to give fans hope and keep them watching and just feeding me lies. Maybe all that being said, though, I think she is going to be one of my favorites this year because she sounds kind of wild. Quickly moving on now, though we also met Ryan and Jackie during Sunday's episode. He's a self proclaimed wanker. Oh sorry, Warrior I should know that since she said it about a billion times and she's a well this is her describing herself to Ryan during their wedding vows.
Speaker 5: So yeah, now a bit about me.
Speaker 7: I'm highly educated, intelligent, hardworking. I'm a corporate professional.
Speaker 2: I'm sporty.
Speaker 7: I love tennis, hiking, running, I can serve ski, mountain bike, run around in it.
Speaker 2: We're caught.
Speaker 1: I'm also form a model down a few moments later, and an ex cheerleader.
Speaker 7: But hey, we're all going to die and no one's going to remember us, so let's just make the most of what we've been handed and shoot for the sun together.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 8: That was amazing.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was amazing. Are you sure about that, mate? Anyway, their wedding was fucking chaotic, to say the least, featuring this bizarre moment.
Speaker 7: Ryan, what kind of dog do you have?
Speaker 5: I have a kilpy cross staffing. She's not a little girl like.
Speaker 8: She's quite athletic and wild board or whatever. But yeah, I found.
Speaker 5: There after a year of searching.
Speaker 8: I was just looking for my dog because I had my house and yeah, like it needs to be.
Speaker 7: The I didn't really like Ryan's choice of dog. That's kind of a concern. I don't really like Stashie's like I would always prefer to go for a dog whose instincts are to go out and hunt for itself, like hunt rabbits and stuff, which is why I like cockaspaniels and hunter dogs. I need him to impress me. And owning Stashie it's just really unimpressive.
Speaker 1: It's a huge red flag. And then, as if the dog thing wasn't weird enough, later on, Ryan the Warrior accidentally dropped his bride during the first dance and it led to them then having this little meltdown on sad Chat with a producer. Hi, Hi, feel a.
Speaker 5: Bit unwell to us? Do you want you out? I dropped my bright.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand what you meant, Mike.
Speaker 7: You actually feel in confused.
Speaker 8: I need to have a discussion with production preserving that woman is dignity because that was not right. That was a miscalculation, and I don't feel that she needs to be ridiculed like that.
Speaker 5: I don't want those reactions to.
Speaker 8: Be a subject of national ridicule. People will laugh and what alah, whether they stick in can even keep her op blah, blah. All I can do is a question that not make it to a national broadcast, because I'll go the first and grow in the history of this show to drop them.
Speaker 1: As if the producers were ever just going to go, oh yeah, we won't use that, mate. No worries are good, Like why do these people go in these shows and think like they matter and producers are going to listen and try to help them the team there, I'm making a show to entertain people, and like every failure and fuck up you have during filming is literally what they want. They're not gonna cut it, They're gonna fucking amplify it. If you're wondering how things are gonna pan out for these two, I think mess is the best word to describe them. Some people are saying they're the new Harrison and Bronti, others are saying they're just as bad as each other, and pretty much everyone he's saying they're unmissible TV. So yeah, I suppose excited to see this shit show unfold. To end this podcast episode now though here is Ryan singing that song about horses everyone in Australia seems to be obsessed with, which me as a British person has never quite understood.
Speaker 9: That's the way it's gonna be, little darn you, riding on the horses. Yeah, way up to the sky, little jarn in. And if you far pickure big cup.
Speaker 1: If you fall, I'll pick you up, pick you up. Well, it wasn't wrong about that, was he, although it was less fall and more dropped anyway, see yup,