Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on over one hundred or live stream at Nova fm dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren on one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning and happy Brida, Good morning, welcome.
Speaker 4: To the weekend Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Ah, finally here are we.
Speaker 3: We are good. You are coming to us Life and the Support vessel this morning. You are in Brisbane.
Speaker 5: I'm in bris Vegas this morning and Clint Support.
Speaker 3: I tell you all the motherships in Sydney exactly. We're on the Life Raft.
Speaker 5: It's like a distant cousin up here, isn't it?
Speaker 4: It really is? Is that? Sorry? Is that some behind you?
Speaker 5: Can? I tell you?
Speaker 6: When I got up this morning and I came here at five point thirty and it was daylight.
Speaker 5: It was just a fun, more pleasant experience in the morning.
Speaker 7: Everyone gets up and runs up there, it runs up and about. It's sunny, it's lovely, although it's been Have you seen the tornadoes in Queensland this week?
Speaker 2: They you haven't seen.
Speaker 4: I've seen Twist of the movie.
Speaker 6: No actual like twisters and tornadoes. The wind up here has been amazing.
Speaker 4: I think a cow just blew past the.
Speaker 2: Window and honestly it was like that.
Speaker 5: There were like trees going up.
Speaker 6: I'll send you, I'll send you some vision, guys. Let me tell you at the family. I had a family function with the in laws last night, which is why I'm up here.
Speaker 5: And the wind was the talk of.
Speaker 2: The town in Brisbane.
Speaker 5: Also the Cure clash is the talk of the town. Mostly the wind. The Pineapple grapple is.
Speaker 4: I am so pumped for hawks and crows tonight.
Speaker 2: It's going to be good, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Where are you watching?
Speaker 2: I'm going to be watching from my hotel room in Sydney today as well.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a vibe mini pack of Pringles yep from my hotel room in Vega.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, God, I get down to the Bricky Creek Hotel.
Speaker 5: Well, so where do I go?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Where do you go to watch the foot around here?
Speaker 8: Brickie Creek Hotel is a huge pub in Brisbane. I thought one went to the Coco.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can go there as well.
Speaker 5: Isn't that what I fit in at the CaCO in Brisbane?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think you'd fit in anywhere?
Speaker 5: What there just one way to the Brisbane on Friday night.
Speaker 3: All right, well you know what, you just need to go down to go to Paddington where there's like Caxton Street, get on that vibe there as well.
Speaker 4: Outside the Caxton Hotel.
Speaker 6: Paul told me there's somewhere actually not far from this studio and they call it the laundry Mat.
Speaker 5: And everyone goes go down to the laundry and do you know the place?
Speaker 2: Is it not?
Speaker 4: I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't launch.
Speaker 5: They said.
Speaker 6: They call it the laundry mat because if you want to pick up a suit, that's where you go. Everyone goes there after work on a Friday. And if you want to nab yourself a man in a suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, pop down there.
Speaker 6: And he said I used to go there when I was nineteen. I was like, darl, that was like thirty years ago. Does it still exist?
Speaker 3: They've also got I think it was called Kruber. We used to call it Krugergar cougar.
Speaker 5: Bar, that's the place he was talking about.
Speaker 3: Well, so the cougars have moved out, the suits had moved in. Yeah, there, it used to be the cougar bar.
Speaker 7: So it has been there for thirty years Yep, you're gonna be paying for your own drinks.
Speaker 5: Hey, cougars don't pay.
Speaker 2: Cougars receive no glad drinks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the cougars want young men to bar ridges.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, we're going to a fun show coming up today.
Speaker 5: What's on the show.
Speaker 3: We are gearing up for Hawks of the Crows and Nick the Wizard Watson joins us a little bit later on and his mum missus Wizard.
Speaker 6: Oh, missus Wiz, this wizard come on coming on today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well suggested that yesterday. I thought a bit of a long shot.
Speaker 4: No, missus Whizz is locked in ready to go.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Now they used to barrack for colling with didn't they Nick?
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've jumped ship. But Dad wasn't completely convinced.
Speaker 2: He said it the I've still got his calling with Scarff. Dad.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, today's a big one.
Speaker 3: We are going to give you two chances to win invites to our Grand Final breakfast fantastic. This thing is a cracker. We do it once a year, without doubt. My favorite show, Mike Brady will be there performing the Cup will be there. You can get a photo of the Premiership come hold and.
Speaker 6: We put on quite the feed gets very excited over the breakfast, a.
Speaker 3: Whole bunch of footy stars past and present as well. So your chance to win invites coming up twice on the show today. But to kick things off we thought a cheeky thousand dollars this morning. All you have to do is register at NOVFM dot com, dot a U or go to the novaplayer app.
Speaker 4: I'm talking missed allergy. Do mister Allergy.
Speaker 3: Clears hey fever from five minutes for rapid nasal symptom relief treats moderate to severe hey fever. Always read the label and follow directions for use. Clint, you can testify.
Speaker 2: Now, Lauren.
Speaker 8: I went to the chemist last night because I thought this cold slash, whatever it is, has been lingering. Yes, I went to pick up one of those tests that makes you do the COVID, the RSV and the.
Speaker 2: Flu amb tests in one. I thought I'd do it. I was inspired by you and the chemist said try this, but I reckon, you've got allergies. Stick this up your bugle. And I did and I haven't cough sets.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: Wells di miss that I told you the other day.
Speaker 5: Paul had the same thing. Yes, someone said, get the dimester off. We popped, next minute, sneezing.
Speaker 4: Get on the estion.
Speaker 3: And today we are looking for ebony from backers. Marsh ebony, you got five minutes to call us if you do. Thousand dollars is yours, dull And for everyone.
Speaker 2: Else listening, ebony, I got all my everyone.
Speaker 3: Else listening, We got another thousand dollars to go around six thirty this morning as well at Nova whatever I go to yesterday when you went to Brizzy Laurie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, look I'm in Brisbane. I'm going to tell you a bit more about it a little later on. But I did go to my niece's musical last Is that what you're Yeah, they asked, Look, she's in ye six, she's been practicing for like four months. So Paul's start of the family are all in Prizzee and we were up here this weekend anyway, and she really wanted us to come, so I said, you know what, we can absolutely do that. We can make that work. It's important. And she was so excited to see us because she saw us very clearly, because his awesome sister got us tickets.
Speaker 2: Well done. What was the thing. It was the musical.
Speaker 5: It was called The Amazing Adventures of Super.
Speaker 4: Stab hang on. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Normally it's like, you know, no, no, no, no, this had it had it had Indians, and it had superheroes. And our beautiful niece Macy played a grandmother okay, with blue eyes shadow up to her eyebrows.
Speaker 4: Was there an after party red carpet?
Speaker 2: Did it go for an hour and a half?
Speaker 5: I was following it.
Speaker 6: Had the list of songs in the program, and we were following it, like I was like, paulut do.
Speaker 4: You know sometimes that's the case.
Speaker 5: It's weird being at a kid's musical when there's no kid, you know, in that party song and you're just watching random kids singing down.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it. It's always risky running the gauntlet of like, you know, if you're in a movie, right and it's dragging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, well, and you in a movie, yeah, Like you're watching a movie and you're like, oh, this is dragging. I know it goes for two hours.
Speaker 3: I'll just have a quick look at the time and then if it is, if it isn't past the halfway point, it's like a flight, you know, when you're like, surely and then you check the fly tracker.
Speaker 4: In hours to go over. Do I know?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Similar when you're on a treadmill and you're like, I'll just run for ten minutes, and then you look You're like, this has got to be nearly ten minutes, and you look.
Speaker 5: At it and you're like, three minutes, not even that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Clinton, Yeah, no, I don't run.
Speaker 5: You don't run on a treademill.
Speaker 6: No, treadmill minutes go like fifty times slower than any other minute.
Speaker 8: Do you know what I did do yesterday? Lourie, and we communicated about it. I don't know if you've caught up to me. Oh, summer, I turned pretty.
Speaker 5: I finished season one, good girl.
Speaker 4: So have I.
Speaker 2: I'm into season two.
Speaker 5: I know, But what episode do you win on season two? Because I want to come back on Monday.
Speaker 2: There'd be three, I think.
Speaker 6: Okay, and be at the same point as you. So if you get any further ahead than episode three, let me know.
Speaker 2: I' ohcha.
Speaker 8: It's very it's very dramatic. Although the start of season two is a bit annoying because they're doing a lot of flashbacks.
Speaker 4: I'm sure the trades are loving me. Six am hour review.
Speaker 5: Of I'm telling you with your girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Thurday and twenty four ten, you're trade watching the Summer I Turn Pretty? Yes, serious, Let's let's see thirteen twenty four ten. Are you a trady and you are watching the show The Summer I Turn Pretty on Netflix?
Speaker 5: You're missing out.
Speaker 4: I will be blown away if we get a call. Absolutely blame.
Speaker 5: Surely your girl, you miss your miss I is making your watch it?
Speaker 2: Ye, give you a prize.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, don't do that. I'm not just having them bring for prizes because I want to a prize.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll give you a price.
Speaker 4: But they've got to tell us something about the show.
Speaker 2: Can give us pot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it might help them admit that they're watching it.
Speaker 2: It's a good watch.
Speaker 4: What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: They're just doing it for a bit of afterwards the sex.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 6: We've got a two hundred dollars Archie Brothers Vout truck for grabs. If you're a trading watching Summer I turns.
Speaker 4: Pretty, you've got to prove your watching it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Clint, he'll give you a pop quiz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might win. The Archie Brothers about you and the the sex? The sex?
Speaker 2: How many people are calling it's four fuck all right, we to come back, cha cha Chad the Chippy, Yeah, we're good. I reckon about the summer I turned pretty. Brother.
Speaker 4: Oh, to be completely honest, my missus watch has.
Speaker 9: Been in bed, and I go away for work and I come back about once a week's watching it.
Speaker 1: Nothing seems to have changed every episode.
Speaker 5: He's definitely.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Besides which, brother, Basically, I think it is not much really happens except for drama.
Speaker 5: It's what chicks love.
Speaker 4: Two d dollars Archie Brothers about to come in your way. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Luke in Bundura, we got this.
Speaker 11: It is unreal, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I wait every.
Speaker 2: Wednesday for the new episode with my partner.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we are up today and wait till last episode.
Speaker 4: Season three is unreal.
Speaker 5: Everyone says that, but no.
Speaker 2: Spoiler, so we can. I ask a question of you, team Jeremiah or team Connor.
Speaker 4: Thank conright, Connor.
Speaker 2: There you go, Conor Luke.
Speaker 3: Is this something you chat with the boys about on the job side or is this just not yeah right, yeah, it's a wonderful idea.
Speaker 5: It is funny.
Speaker 6: There's like viewing parties on Wednesday night with people watching it, because it's one of those shows, Jase, where it drops an episode a week.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 8: Hey, we invite Allen a couple of friends over and we watch it.
Speaker 1: We have a little dinner party.
Speaker 4: It's unreal.
Speaker 12: And then after the previous episode.
Speaker 5: Okay, nice.
Speaker 4: At Luke's house for screening.
Speaker 5: We've got to catch up by Wednesday.
Speaker 2: You can have a you can have a two hundred dollar vout as well.
Speaker 3: Archie Brothers about to come on your way. We've got one more people watching him Geelong. Hello, Nathan, Okay, yeah, we're good. Are you watching the summer? I turned pretty?
Speaker 4: I am come.
Speaker 2: Why do you love it?
Speaker 5: It's almost so bad that it's good? Yeah, it is, that's exactly, Nathan.
Speaker 4: Is it Dawson's Creek, Gossip Girl? O C I reckon.
Speaker 5: I haven't caught gossip Girl, but I've seen Dawson's Creek and OC and it's similar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's that kind of But season one was like, I mean, I found myself a bit weirded out at times when I was like, why am I watching sixteen year olds kissing in the pool?
Speaker 8: Yeah that's my wife walks in and watching one ended day they got a bit by the fireplace.
Speaker 3: See sorry, Clint, if I drop over to your place and you're sitting there on the watching that.
Speaker 5: Some real raunchy moments.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but Connie is a bit of a drip, Nathan.
Speaker 4: How do I put this? You and the mistress that they're watching it together? Does it ever?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: The show finishes and she's like, thanks for watching today with me, babe, And then you know.
Speaker 5: Jace, I got a two year old and a fourteen week old.
Speaker 4: Nor we know.
Speaker 5: In the first place.
Speaker 4: Hey, n we'll check you to Archie Brothers about your brother.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Thank you, guys, I.
Speaker 3: Stand corrected the Jon loving it. Yep, it's going off on the job site.
Speaker 5: You must watch the summer you're missing out.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning, Melbourne and welcome to your Friday. What a game tonight, Hawks of the Crows. I am thinking about heading to the Ross Is it the ross Town?
Speaker 2: The Rosstown Hotel beauty?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's a good spot, Cagie.
Speaker 2: That's isn't it the Rossie?
Speaker 3: You know you can actually Executive producer Brady put me onto this. It screams Brodie. You can actually book like a table. It has its own screen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think you can.
Speaker 6: You can do that down at the Sporting Globe as well. We're hosting our Grand Final breakfast.
Speaker 4: You don't even need to get up the end of the table.
Speaker 5: Good watch whatever sport you want.
Speaker 4: If the chat you know, by the people at the booth picking up our coffees.
Speaker 8: This morning, Jason I bumped into four lads who were embarking on a road trip to Adelaide, get out of here to watch the Hawks.
Speaker 2: Fans to watch the Hawks and the crazy.
Speaker 5: They were already on their way, Larren.
Speaker 2: What sort of vehicle you know? You'd think it'd be a big sort of like station.
Speaker 4: Wagon or hatch back na or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was a ute jewel capes.
Speaker 4: Awesome for them, that's all right, it's a jewel cap. That's fine, mate.
Speaker 2: The little knees would be pushing up against the side of the huge were they. Oh they're funny that we were all hanging out the sides.
Speaker 4: Say do you get their numbers so we can cross to them?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Good work, Quick Channel ninet two days ago. The journo skills are really out the window, aren't they.
Speaker 2: I could become a producer with those skills.
Speaker 5: Give us a call if you're listening though, Labs that'teen twenty four ten. You're on the way.
Speaker 3: We're going to catch up with the Hawks legend on the other side of this here on nov So tonight it's going to be a big one.
Speaker 4: Who were backing, guys?
Speaker 5: I'm on the Hawks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a victory and I think we have to be on the Hawks, don't we We should be.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you it's a massive night here in Melbourne as well because the NRL Finals here all kicks off Melbourne Storm taking on the Doggies. You can watch it all live on Cho Sports. That's where you can watch the Hawks take on the Crows as well. Jordan Lewis John Us on the air. Surely you'd be on the air. What did you hesitate to say Hawthorne? Because I go up hating Hawthorne.
Speaker 8: As a Melbourne supporter growing up in you know, the eighties, early nineties, they were just sworn enemies. They were like, so were you for the mergered it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would my spies on my jumper.
Speaker 2: I forgot about the Melbourne Hawks, right.
Speaker 4: You would have some silkwear by now more civilware.
Speaker 5: Well you've got plenty of it. You know what if you had one for premiership? Not enough time, it's pretty good, it's not enough. And when the Hawks are now in the finals, so they get club greats like you and Shane Rawford back to fire up the boys or the boys I think these old men out.
Speaker 13: I think you're very conscious that your time has come and passed. And that's the last thing these young kids want is some old guy coming back and telling telling me how it used to be.
Speaker 6: Shane Crawford would happily go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Fifty one this week. Really, Shane Barry.
Speaker 4: Crawford, he still acts like he's twenty five.
Speaker 5: Oh at sixteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you reckon your club's looking for tonight?
Speaker 13: I think it's going to be an interesting match. We always we always fall into camp. I think of the side that's won on the weekend, and certainly Hawthorne played some terrific football.
Speaker 2: They just got over the line.
Speaker 13: There's a few nervous moments in the end, and Adelaide were miserable, to be honest, and so you always fall into that. You're back the side that's come off a good win. But Adelaide were minor premiers for a reason, the best offensive side in the competition for a reason. They still miss ranking clearly, But I reckon that's messed with their heads. I think it was a big week. Yeah, there's no doubt. Emotionally it was a big week week and a half.
Speaker 8: I hadn't played finals since twenty seventeen, so they sort of I mean final, the foot is very different.
Speaker 13: Final, Yeah, home final, but it's I mean it's this external pressure that you either build up in your own head be to be something really different or and it affects the way that you play. So there was a lot of there's a lot of individuals from Adelaide who didn't perform nowhere near the level they have performed at during the year, so they would be looking to rectify that. But Adelaide Oval and I'm sure you guys have been there.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 13: I wasn't going to go there. I was going to I've got to go there, Tom.
Speaker 4: I'm just very wary of It's great ovals.
Speaker 5: It's a great state to watch sports.
Speaker 8: Take a rain jacket because they spit over there.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that was Clint saying that. Not anybody else bors. Yeah, that's a beautiful stadium. So I when I played my first year, we played at I think it's got Amy Park the other lad and when you come off usually walk on the boundary line to to warm down against Port Adelaide. No walking on the boundary line, you get ship and.
Speaker 3: Just our executive producers a feral Port supporter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, look at him out there. It looks like a criminal.
Speaker 8: So the other big final, Jordi, is the the pineapple Pineapple grapple.
Speaker 2: It's not the cute question anymore. It's the pineapples.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's a Queensland advertising campaign. Pop into the big pineapple while you're here for the pineapple grapple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm loving the suns. I don't know.
Speaker 13: It's I was over in the West on Saturday night and man that that ground was pumped. Yeah, yeah it was. It was awesome so too. I mean, what a fairy tale. The first final was with David Swallow kicking the point after well sort of near the siren to drag them over the line. But what it's been, What has it been fourteen years in the making for them to play finals and to progress through to an elimination final. Against Brisbane the biggest game I think we've seen in Queensland.
Speaker 6: And outside of that, obviously we've got Collingwood and the Cats waiting in the wings for their turn next weekend.
Speaker 5: Who do you think the team is to beat? Can the Hawks go all the way?
Speaker 13: They certainly can. I was Brisbane pre finals Geelong. Now I just jumped ship to whoever.
Speaker 5: But Brisbane have Lucky Meal out, They've got some injury.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Lucky Meal out, Huey McCluggage looks sore, They've got a real issue forward of the ball. They haven't replaced Joe dana her hip would still out, So yeah, they're up against it.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt.
Speaker 13: I think that what we saw from Geelong on the weekend was powerful.
Speaker 5: So if the Hawks win, they would play long, long to.
Speaker 13: Get And we never lose to Gelong in finals. They beat us in the real lay season, but every finals. So and if they win.
Speaker 5: Again back in the day, you lost them a few times.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's retrace them.
Speaker 8: So two thousand and eight we went, oh, yeah, we should have a debate Former First Lady.
Speaker 13: Twenty thirteen prelim final. We never played in a final, but we lost thirteen times in a row and won the prelim Final.
Speaker 4: Premiership Legend verse former first Lady.
Speaker 5: There's a broadcast, I guarantee who knows more about it than I do?
Speaker 2: Is it hurt for so long?
Speaker 3: You can watch it all unfold on KO Sports and of course NRL Finals. As I mentioned the dog, he's taken on the storm tonight here in Melbourne, Jordan Lewis joined us on the thanks coming.
Speaker 4: In having to see it is our Grand Final breakfast.
Speaker 2: Debates on their.
Speaker 5: Brown in the afl C.
Speaker 4: Lovely Katy Perry's great to see.
Speaker 2: How you doing a minute?
Speaker 4: Mike Brady, good morning here you are the guys. It's that time of year again.
Speaker 2: That what were you actually blind?
Speaker 5: He'd been on the Gaspers all night.
Speaker 2: You had a big night in the gasp.
Speaker 4: I was I was not blind?
Speaker 3: Okay, sounded like, but it is a vibe. It's our Grand Final Breakfast.
Speaker 5: Maybe want to go sound very arsky in that promo?
Speaker 4: How would you like to be there? Mike Brady will be there again.
Speaker 3: This year we are taking over the Sporting Globe in Richmond. The Sporting Globe is your home for the AFL Grand Final. You can book right now to grab a table.
Speaker 8: We've got a role call of absolute legends joinings, including Jack Revolt who played in three of them. And he's going to bring the Premiership Cup because he is the cup ambassador.
Speaker 4: You reckon, we should get him to beltop mister Brights.
Speaker 2: Oh mate, absolutely, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Like as a Richmond supporter, that was just such a great moment watching him on the stage. Why don't they do that more after the Grand Finals and he knew Katie Perry do a show on the field after he knew every word everywhere. Yeah yeah, oh no, one cried more on Grand Final Day when Richmond won for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 5: Well, my dad was emotional, but my brother was like.
Speaker 6: Hysterically watching my dad and brother together on Grand Final Day, Like we grew up going to the foot. It was the one thing we did as a family. And watching my dad and my brother on Grand Final Day and when Richmond held up that cup all the siren went was just like one of my greatest family memories.
Speaker 3: See, I had that moment when the Pies won a couple of years back, and that was like my son and I stomping ground, hugging each other and that was like the first year I got into the footy.
Speaker 4: So I can only imagine the emotional after.
Speaker 6: My dad had worked at Richmond and so we'd grown up watching, you know, as poor Richmond supporters did.
Speaker 5: We didn't win a lot, we were ninth. We never even really made.
Speaker 2: The finals a lot.
Speaker 4: When you did, Oh my god, it.
Speaker 5: Was such a moment. I think that is that it's such a thing in Melbourne and to share with your your kids and your parents, and I.
Speaker 3: I was robbed of that moment. Guys, you had your moment. There was a cardboard cutout Clint in.
Speaker 5: The stands, so we did a weather cross together.
Speaker 2: Remember that's all right under the.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: I was listening to Spencer, you know, Spencer and Heidi. Yeah, I was listening to Spencer on Call Her Daddy the other day. He's cooked, but god, it was an insightful little interview. So well he started the show. He used to go out with a handicap and just film.
Speaker 5: Is he the executive producer on it?
Speaker 3: Well, no, he got he got done over in the deal. But he basically just grabbed a camcorder and started filming. Was it Brodie the other guy on there was Yeah, and then.
Speaker 5: Fox at Brodie Jenner. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was Brodie Jenner, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Fox and MTV caught some of the footage and wanted to meet with him, and then he got cut.
Speaker 4: Out of the deal.
Speaker 6: But then Heidi's Heidie's music career had a relaunch earlier this year and she was every yeah, and the house burned down.
Speaker 5: They've had a real rollercoaster year, the Spencers.
Speaker 4: It has just gone two past seven on the road to the.
Speaker 10: Whore Jason Lawrence Grand Final Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Everything that is Grand Final.
Speaker 3: We are the place to come and next week you can win more invites to our Grand Final breakfast and say too much about will how surprise.
Speaker 5: Ground Final week like the ultimate surprise?
Speaker 6: Therefore everybody wants well, it's and almost impossible to get.
Speaker 2: It's elusive.
Speaker 3: Let's just say we're about to make the impossible possible and only here Jays.
Speaker 4: That's all we can say.
Speaker 3: At the moment, though, how would you like to win invites to our Grand Final breakfast?
Speaker 5: Let's do it. Let's go to Lucy and Melvinee.
Speaker 12: Good morning morning, Hi love, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 5: Who do you barrack for? Loose.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got split loyal chees, Bromers and Sekuilda.
Speaker 4: Are you aware of It's okay?
Speaker 5: Who are going to barrack for in September?
Speaker 2: I think Hawthorne?
Speaker 6: All right, well, Lucy, we would love to see you at our Grand Final breakfast, so Thursday before the long weekend, so let's kickstart the long weekend early we go.
Speaker 8: Okay, Michelle and Glenn Wavey, good morning, good morning, how are you good?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Do you want to come along to our Grand Final breakfast? I would love to fantastic you're in and she's a Hawks fan as well.
Speaker 4: Good luck tonight.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Werribee. Hey, Sky, who do you want to bring to the Grand Final breaky?
Speaker 12: My older brother his birthday is actually the day after Grand Finals. It's a little bit of a birthday President.
Speaker 5: That's perfect.
Speaker 4: How many how many steps covered? How many siblings in the family.
Speaker 12: Just as to myself and my older brother.
Speaker 6: There you go, and you're Richmond fans, so chuck your Richmond colors on. Colors from all teams are welcome in our Grand Final breakfast. Your team doesn't have to be in the final. We're celebrating all things footy.
Speaker 2: Amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Guys, We're welcome. You cannot buy these tickets, you.
Speaker 3: Can only win your invites to the Grand Final breakfast here at Nova. We're going to offload more later on in the show, but locked in overnight, we've got the Premiership Cup coming.
Speaker 8: We do Jack Revolt the Premiership Cup ambassador, three time premiership winner.
Speaker 2: That is exciting and.
Speaker 4: Of course performing live Mike Brady.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, don't Grand Finals.
Speaker 3: Going to be a big night here in Melbourne tonight because the Storm taken on the Dog agains.
Speaker 2: The mighty Melbourne Storm.
Speaker 8: Now this is a qualifying final, so the winner gets straight through to a prelim. And I heard an amazing stat that under Craig Bellamy, the Melbourne Storm have played in twelve of the last fourteen pre.
Speaker 4: Lim Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 8: They are just a successful, outrageously successful outfit.
Speaker 2: So good luck to the Storm boys.
Speaker 5: Black Melbourne Storm, get behind the Melbourne you want to go.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We've got some tickets to give away so you can go and support the Storm tonight. Good luck to cam Munster and the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also just very quickly I.
Speaker 4: Think Cam needs a haircut, oh disease.
Speaker 5: He can do what he wants.
Speaker 6: He's probably sometimes they're a bit superstitious and if they start winning, they don't cut their hair until until there's a glitch in the It's got four hundred children.
Speaker 4: Remember they had another one on the way when the other one was eight months?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, timing is everything. Just quickly I said in the news about edge pasta Cooglo. He got the call about his new job at Nottingham Forest EPL while he's dropping the kids off at school. Imagine that, Hey, do you mind managing Noddingham Forests? I we'll pay you four million dollars a year four million pounds? Sorry, what about that norsh they splash overseas?
Speaker 5: Is that the bit? And now I don't know much.
Speaker 2: About that's the top? Is that the top top lead in English soccer? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So what did he get dropped? When did he get dropped from s Cottenham?
Speaker 2: And the payout extraordinary in the tens of millions of pounds.
Speaker 5: So he's doing all right.
Speaker 8: He drove into work the first day of worked yesterday in this shiny Bentley and was waving to people like you was the King to their family.
Speaker 3: Is it only in like sport? Or like would we get a fortune if we started up Bali FM or something like.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine Barley FM if.
Speaker 8: We went like if we took the show overseas, mate, we'd be kings in Bali.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think Bari FM is making what the coach of someone in that league?
Speaker 5: Damn, I think they're very different.
Speaker 2: Bali would suit us, really, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Lauren, Yeah, she's singlets and anyway, Hey, coming up next, guys, Well.
Speaker 5: Have you seen this? I mean Bunnings.
Speaker 6: There's always controversy around Bunnings, but I think this is the most controversial yet.
Speaker 5: Trading is going to be outraged.
Speaker 4: We'll go there after Gaga on Nova.
Speaker 6: Guys, Bunning has caught, Bunning has caused controversy.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't.
Speaker 6: I it's Bunnings or Western Australia. I mean, WA does feel like its own country sometimes.
Speaker 2: So far away.
Speaker 3: I lived there for fourteen months, so I experienced did you feel isolated?
Speaker 4: But it's a beautiful part of the world.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean Brisbane this morning for a family function and Paul's sister is from Perth and they came over yesterday and it's like six hours of.
Speaker 3: Red Eye too, because I used to visit the family, so I'd fly out Friday night. Yeah, Friday night a like seven pm and you'd land six am in Brisbane like.
Speaker 5: The Freo docors. And to do that every week.
Speaker 8: Well, they also have the advantage of playing in front of a parochial fan based twelve twelve of the twenty four games.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we're not talking about footy. We're talking about Bunnings. And one of the great things about Bunnings, it's sort of the only reason that I've ever walked through the doors is the famous sausage sizzle, except in w A they serve these sausage sizzles in hot dog buns instead of bread.
Speaker 4: That's that's a lot of bread, isn't it. That's a lot of bread.
Speaker 5: That ain't it? Perth? What are they doing?
Speaker 6: And apparently it's not just Buddings. This is like a dirty, dirty secret for w A.
Speaker 4: To do that, you'd have to you'd have to double up, you'd have to put two snags in.
Speaker 5: There's dogs more girthy than a sausage. Yeah, so you're putting a hot dog in it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well there's a lot more you're right, there's a lot more room in the bun for two sausages. Yes, and also you want it to be now, I don't know where you're going to sit on this because there's a difference between a soft bun and a hard bun, right like.
Speaker 4: A yeah, that's a bar met. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't think you'd have a sausage sizzle sizzle sausage no.
Speaker 4: Right, soft, absolutely not.
Speaker 6: And when I used to get hot dogs from Wendy's after school, they used to sit on that. The buns would there was like this onto the metal spikes and they put them on so.
Speaker 5: They toast the inside and then the hot dog would just slip in.
Speaker 2: Do you know you had great technique?
Speaker 4: Didn't you.
Speaker 5: Imagine if someone picked that up by it like not realizing it was still plugged in.
Speaker 4: It's like hot You can buy a home version and it has and it has the metal.
Speaker 5: The hot dog spike.
Speaker 2: You can you can you can spike your.
Speaker 5: Because it's not hang on and then girthy hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a whole hundred bucks. There you go.
Speaker 2: So they produce a hole on.
Speaker 5: The how many spikes is.
Speaker 4: That that's a four spike job.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's a family job.
Speaker 4: Family job.
Speaker 5: Where the Wendy's one was it Wendy? It was like the ice cream shop.
Speaker 2: That would definitely buy one. He would definitely machine things you've used once.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm just realized. I think I could open a Wendy. I've got all the infrastructure.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you do, and your mother in law would run it. Wendy Wendy down, she's starting a shop. Maybe it's named after Wendy.
Speaker 8: It begs the question, like different states have different sort of food traditions and different what is that doing?
Speaker 5: This slop that South Australians have?
Speaker 2: Ung Fritz? What is it? It's I don't think we want to know. South Australian what is it? Ep Brody? It's disgusting.
Speaker 9: You guys call it devon here, but it's a beautiful mixed meat where you don't really know what it is.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no. Strasburg's different. Strassburg's different.
Speaker 6: I don't think Victorians have anything bad like that though. There's nothing that people go, oh Victorians were there? What were good coffee and great food?
Speaker 4: Producer? Is is an island that do the durkin. Oh yeah, to duck and to duck in turkin.
Speaker 2: No, that's not us, No, that's Aldi.
Speaker 5: That's Aldi that does that Jaye.
Speaker 3: So it's like a chicken inside of duck, inside of turkey, slice.
Speaker 4: The turkey, the three meat duck.
Speaker 5: And chickens big turkey on the outside.
Speaker 4: I mean, trying to get the temperature rotten for each meat would.
Speaker 5: Just be that's sort of I don't know if that's if that's custom in any particular state, though, I think that's just a weird Christmas meat that someone inventors.
Speaker 3: Let's talk weird food combos or traditions. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number. In return, I got a hundred dollars spotlight vouchers that's up for grabs, and four hundred dollars ouches to Specsavors so you can grab some new frames, lenses or a pair of sonnies. Is there a weird food tradition that you know about that we should try, Like.
Speaker 5: Those pineapple things in Adelaide that they all rape about.
Speaker 4: The pineapple lumps.
Speaker 5: Yeah them. You don't want to make pines or whatever they call it.
Speaker 4: You don't want to make it.
Speaker 2: The other day, How the strange love them?
Speaker 4: A chip buddy? What's that chip?
Speaker 2: Buddy?
Speaker 4: Chip buddy, Chip buddy.
Speaker 3: Like hot chips on bread, better sauce, buddy, hot chip, buddy, Buddy.
Speaker 4: I've been saying, buddy, buddy, it's a buddy.
Speaker 3: I think it's addy buddy, But no, not a buddy at the moment. We're talking food combos thirteen twenty four to ten. Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 2: Jackie, Good morning, Good morning, Jackie.
Speaker 12: Good morning. How are you all right?
Speaker 2: What do you what do you do with you? Is it something you do or someone else does their food?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, it's me.
Speaker 11: I yeah, I love VEGGIEMI a sandwich begimi and onion sandwich.
Speaker 4: Like raw.
Speaker 5: Red onion or brown onion?
Speaker 12: Uh yeah, no I think it's brown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's brown brown onion.
Speaker 4: I think she'll be bad.
Speaker 2: What's your breath like afterwards?
Speaker 4: Sorry, that'll be a bit of onion. I got you there. Wow. Let's go to gael.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 5: How are you You've got a weed a sandwich as well? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Many years ago, pre two thousand, I was working in a company where this guy used to eat these a fruit love sandwiches and then it have ham and cheese.
Speaker 4: And thought that sounds really awful.
Speaker 12: But later on I tried it and actually it's really delicious.
Speaker 4: What does it need?
Speaker 5: Ham and cheese sandwich?
Speaker 4: But did you say fruit like raisin toast with ham and cheese?
Speaker 5: Full love?
Speaker 14: No, no judge, don't judge because chance, sir, because on a charter board sometimes you have fruit with cheese and with cheese, like, don't knock.
Speaker 6: The other weird one I see all the time. I got a friend who does it, and then I've seen it pop up on social a lot recently is people who scramble their eggs with mashed banana in it. There's a whole movement of people having mashed banana and scrambled eggs. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, I'm telling you what.
Speaker 2: I should mash my peas on Monday.
Speaker 4: With the mashed potato next time, Like, just do it all in one.
Speaker 8: I dare say they've they've done what they have done?
Speaker 5: The English would the English?
Speaker 2: They would becky in Dublin.
Speaker 4: Originally, Yeah, we'll run with it. What's your weird food combo?
Speaker 5: Easter eggs sandwiches, Easter egg on white bread?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do they need to have it?
Speaker 5: Had been like an Aella sandwich, but not less hazy.
Speaker 2: They need to have some sort of filling in the egg to make it a bit moist.
Speaker 5: Plain Easter egg caberries Easter egg out of the fridge, so it's really crunchy, so you don't melt the chocolate.
Speaker 4: Nope, God know what a silly question.
Speaker 2: Hey, who do that?
Speaker 6: East Dread chocolate hits different. It's just East Cabry. Eastreak chocolate is different to a block of Cabri dairy milk, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Because it's a thin like.
Speaker 5: The solid ones. The solid ones, they're different.
Speaker 3: Unless you like my parents when I was growing up, and you get the carab now and then the cheek chocolate and.
Speaker 5: They go all white chocolate and frozen.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, we're talking weat food combos. What do you got? I've actually got two.
Speaker 11: So my dad used to make veggiemi and lettuce sandwich without butter or marge because my mom didn't like it. They wouldn't buy it, right, And if we run out of bread, he'd make wheat beick with honey in between dry wheat bigs and honey sandwiches.
Speaker 2: And try to get down.
Speaker 4: You have lockjaw.
Speaker 5: Down with the juice. Bo oh, dry wheatbioks instead of bread in your singer?
Speaker 4: How do you go? He choked on a wheatbig?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: God, my mouth feels dry just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: What is I think that produced? Jazz is saying? Back home, they used to do potato chip potato chip sandwiches.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we've done that here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, crisp sandwiches, fresh soft white bread, loads of Irish butter and cheese and onion crisps chips.
Speaker 4: Oh, cheese and onion chips, onion, that'd be you?
Speaker 2: Nah, I go S ANDB boy in sandwich?
Speaker 5: Yeah, God, I love an SMB.
Speaker 2: I can't eat an S and B. Can you just gone?
Speaker 4: He's pretty good though. Who's buying tomato?
Speaker 2: Remember that flavor atomic tommato.
Speaker 3: That's got stand away written all over it? Well, good morning, everybody, Just go on sixteen to eight. Did you see a hearse got stolen on the gold A hearse?
Speaker 5: A hearse like the car that carries the coffin?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, didn't have anything in any car. No, I don't believe so yeah it's rolling.
Speaker 5: Did it get stolen from.
Speaker 4: Like a funeral hut? Yeah, funeral strange car to steal.
Speaker 5: That's just like like that's going to stand just so you've got a story to tell. You don't need that. No one's taking that and going on a road trip crazy.
Speaker 4: And then they do it different.
Speaker 3: In Queensland, someone stole a food truck yesterday corner on the freeway. Hey, I don't know about you guys, but maybe something a little bit less subtle than tacos written down.
Speaker 4: The side, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But I'm in Queensland at the moment. I'm I'm in breezy this morning. I will look out for it truck.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow night is the Clint the Pineapple Grapple, the Q Clash. Grab yourself a Pineapple Lions via sales.
Speaker 5: You know what, It's going to be an amazing game and it's going to be like it's going to be the most epic atmosphere up here.
Speaker 2: I'm excited now.
Speaker 8: I was watching nine News last night and TJ was presented. TJ was presented live with a pink Suns jumper, which was a few sizes too small. Anyway, at the end of the new do that you didn't put it on, I went.
Speaker 2: To the big shot of all the laughing and carrying on in Tony with what appeared to be a painted on Did he put it on?
Speaker 5: He put it on with nothing underneath.
Speaker 2: I know you have his business shirt and his tie.
Speaker 5: That would look cool.
Speaker 4: We might have to get the jaws of life to get Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: His presenters insist on doing things like that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't his fault. It was just too It was just a small I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then you know what size you are and you go, you know what, I'm just going to hold it up.
Speaker 4: You guys didn't exactly get me the biggest footy top the other week for the day it was. But you know what, it's better because you become more slippery. You slip out tackle continue. I didn't slip out of it. Hey, guys, Ken Lamar is coming to Melbourne.
Speaker 3: We are spoilt. I'm ignoring that for live music at the moment.
Speaker 8: We are.
Speaker 5: This is December December fourth, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, you gotta saying you can go to livenation dot com dot are you for tickets so you can call now thirteen twenty four to ten coming up next.
Speaker 4: Chuckles.
Speaker 2: That's funny. I fear my family has found out all of my secrets. Oh I'm worried.
Speaker 3: Good morning Melbourne. This is number one hundred on the air. Thanks our mates. She already express Hey tickets to Kendrick Lamar. He's bringing his Grand National Tour to Melbourne. Special guests don't chi are gonna be pairing up at Amy Park one night only Thursday, fourth of December. Tickets through Livenation, dot com, dot au. Simon and Milton's going to score those ticketss.
Speaker 2: In Melton or Milton Milton bitter both?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Very popular is Kendrick Hey. I want to talk about a form of technology that until recently, I mean I've sort of been using it, but unbeknownst to me, I didn't really appreciate what it was capable of doing.
Speaker 4: And that is Remington footspar.
Speaker 2: No, no, not the Remington footspar.
Speaker 4: But I would like one. Actually good.
Speaker 5: He is capable of a lot those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was years ago.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about find my or find my friends. So on the mobile phone. I've had it activated because now my we were at a wedding, our family was at a wedding. We needed to find each other. So Dad said, chuck your fine my friends on and we'll all meet at the one.
Speaker 5: How big was the wedding?
Speaker 8: No, we met at a small town outside the place. Yeah, and I just never turned it off, right. But it's now occurred to me because my sister is in Croatia. So she's doing like, you know, she's very young and very she's you know, loving life. She's getting loose. Yeah, she might be doing a sale Croatia. So we're all sort of like intrigued. There's a text message that goes around most night's like look at where she is now? She's she must be at a nightclub in split or she.
Speaker 5: Must wait is she on the chat where.
Speaker 2: She's We're on a text message chain like thirty, she's thirty, she's not so young.
Speaker 8: She's Oh, look she's now now she must be she must be out for dinner.
Speaker 2: She's had a nice Croatian Lauren.
Speaker 3: I really hope she's on the cruise, Croatia cruise, because she's in the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 2: But then it occurred to me, I've had my visibility on for all of a few months, like they can see exactly.
Speaker 6: I've got you. I've got you. I can see where you are at all times.
Speaker 5: You tell me because you turned it on when you went to the Olympics or the World Cup. Wake up, we could find out where you were for years.
Speaker 4: We check it all the time, oh ship, all the time.
Speaker 5: You don't have it, do jays God?
Speaker 4: No, but my wife's been borrowing my car.
Speaker 5: No, but do you have Clinton tracking too?
Speaker 4: I always ask you and your Gale were just quickly the other day when I had a very rare weekend off, I hit the town. Now.
Speaker 8: It was after I was out at your place and I ended up at a famous establishment by the name of Revolver, and.
Speaker 2: My sister was. It was ten o'clock in the morning and she says, what are you doing on Chapel Street.
Speaker 5: I'm at the gym. I'm at the gym. I can't believe you just said that.
Speaker 2: Out loud, ten o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: What did you tell her gym at the gym?
Speaker 6: I'm just trying out that new k gym on Chapel Street on nic commercial opere.
Speaker 4: Day as I lift the drinks.
Speaker 5: Even ten am is late for a workout.
Speaker 2: Isn't it. So how often do you check where I am?
Speaker 6: Well, no, not all the time, just on the occasion that you say that you've got to go to channel nine.
Speaker 5: Let's check if he's really at channel nine or if he's.
Speaker 4: I've got I've got gym date. Lauren just looks.
Speaker 6: But Clint, you sometimes you turn it off, and when it's turned off, I'm like, what's he going to?
Speaker 3: My wife's been borrowing my car recently, and my car you can go to the car tracker, the car wrap and see where it is.
Speaker 2: So well, that's a bit storky.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I'm just say that again.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's all good.
Speaker 2: He stalks his wife.
Speaker 6: No, don't you're watching where your wife is based on where her car is.
Speaker 4: No, do not twist this. She's been borrowing my car recently and.
Speaker 5: You've been watching where she goes or where does she go.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is like, what are you trying to find?
Speaker 2: You're twisting what do you suspect?
Speaker 5: Just answer the question.
Speaker 4: I don't expect anything.
Speaker 2: I've got the awkward laugh.
Speaker 6: What do you mean she's taking your car? What are you riding your bicycle?
Speaker 4: Was about you?
Speaker 2: Meant to be about maybe now it's about you.
Speaker 5: Why are you tracking your wife during the day.
Speaker 4: I swear to God, this is not about me.
Speaker 5: I'm not but you we're not putting words in your mouth.
Speaker 4: I did not say I'm tracking my wife.
Speaker 5: What did he say?
Speaker 8: He said he's tracking his wife and I said, that's tracking. Is like talking. Now just quickly, Brodie, are you used for I Find my friends as well?
Speaker 9: Do you not why we track all of our friends, particularly on night out? Has happened recently. We're out with the Diddler and he left the pub early and we wondered where he went, and then we were tracking him on our phones and he was into South Melbourne going and I think they adopt baby cats or kittens or something very.
Speaker 4: Late on his own.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: I think what's more concerning is your phone follows a guy called the Diddler.
Speaker 8: Okay thirteen twenty fourteen. What do you use Find my Friends for? And what have you seen on Find my Friends?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Because he catch two friends in the same place at the same time in the early hours.
Speaker 2: It opens a can of words, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't have paul or anyone in my family or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I do have you, Clint Paula said in the past he'd pull petrol over his.
Speaker 4: Phone and burn it before he turns on fire my friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, and it's so stupid because sometimes I think, Oh, is he still in that meeting? Can I call him or not? And if I could just say about, oh, he's still in the office, that's fine, we'll talk to him later.
Speaker 4: That's right, just cool. He prefer you cal no.
Speaker 5: But then he goes, why did you call him still in a meeting?
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, I know, yes, today was a big day. She went off Jo from Kilmore. Your five thousand dollars question.
Speaker 5: Is what does a I stand for?
Speaker 2: Intelligence?
Speaker 4: Joey than dollars?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, we've been listening for like since you guys have been on. My son has caught up so many times and I can't believe this.
Speaker 5: Thousand dollars, five thousand dollars. So okay, what are you going to do with the cash. Your husband's just been made redundant, You've got four kids and unfortunately for you, Barrick for the bulldogs, so you need something to soften the blow.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I'll give him.
Speaker 12: I'll give him a thousand dollars I'll spend.
Speaker 5: Before I like that twenty five percent of fair deal arx well Goods.
Speaker 2: That was, yes, make your day, wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing you.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on to today and head to wearribe.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Emily.
Speaker 4: Oh hang one instant hanging up on me.
Speaker 2: We've had so many calls, jass, that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good morning, we gotta good morning, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are we not bad?
Speaker 4: What are you up today?
Speaker 2: What are you up to today? How you spent your day? I am working from home, but cleaning the house, so one for me.
Speaker 4: So not working from home.
Speaker 5: Bosses do not want but we're working from home. But if you can juggle it, all good for you.
Speaker 4: Actually lay off as she's a prize fan.
Speaker 3: All right, Emily, you are going the five hundred dollars question this morning.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Rules are simple. You were here.
Speaker 3: Today's question you were here a three two one. You must answer in that time. Okay, today's question is.
Speaker 5: By special quizmas.
Speaker 8: Yeah, here we do. And look, let's just say this. It is very guessable as well. Agreed, So if you don't know, just get in before that pesky little buzzer.
Speaker 2: The buzzer and just guess.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 13: I'm Nick Watson from the Hawthorne Football Club and this is your five hundred dollars question?
Speaker 4: What number do I wear? Three?
Speaker 2: Two thirty four? Good guess?
Speaker 4: Oh no, okay, yeah thirty Sorry mate, Thanks for giving me.
Speaker 5: To crackback Emily. Thank you.
Speaker 4: No worries.
Speaker 3: I'll enjoy working cleaning at home. I love the honesty.
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what the future holds in a rapidly changing world. R MIT University gets you ready for what's next. You can find your future at r MIT dot etu dot. Are you sticking with Nick the Wizard Watson? Guess who's coming up next?
Speaker 6: Guys, I'm so excited. It's Nick's mum, missus Wizard, missus Wizard.
Speaker 4: Missus Wiz going to be joining us on the air ad minutes.
Speaker 2: She's got a hat, a wizard hat.
Speaker 5: Surely Nick Watson's mum could be younger than you, jays, Oh.
Speaker 2: That's sad.
Speaker 3: This half hour on the Show You Can Win invites to our Bran final breakfast.
Speaker 6: Where else would you want to be? It's the Thursday before the Long Weekend starts.
Speaker 5: Obviously we get the Friday off before the Grand Final.
Speaker 6: We're hosting you, giving you breakfast, fueling you up for the long weekend. We've got all the biggest footy stars in the game. Mike Brady will be there seeing in the Premiership Cup. You can get a photo with that in the lead in to that big one day in September.
Speaker 3: That's all right, I cannot wait for it. So your chance to win invites on the way. But coming up next, guess who is currently in a car driving to Adelaide.
Speaker 2: No, she's not, she's driving.
Speaker 3: She's in the car driving to Adelaide. This seed me Nick the Wizard Watson. He's mum is going to join us, missus Wizard.
Speaker 5: She's on the road.
Speaker 4: She's on the road.
Speaker 3: And she's going to be joining us after Brandy stuff from Ed Sheeran Play is the album.
Speaker 4: It is out today.
Speaker 5: It is the twelfth of September. Yep, I'm dying to listen to that.
Speaker 4: That is the new single camera and it is an app absolute banger.
Speaker 2: I love it, I love it, I love it.
Speaker 5: He just doesn't get it wrong?
Speaker 4: Are we really doesn't? Morning? Everyone? This is number one hundred.
Speaker 3: You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well, guys, I said to add later at least halfway there.
Speaker 8: Well, let's do it because there's so many hawkers on the road this morning, including the Watson family. We've got the mum of Nick the Wizard Watson joining us this morning. Laurie Watson, missus Wizard to you, missus Wizard, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you now? Where are you? Lorrie?
Speaker 12: Where a nil?
Speaker 4: Nil?
Speaker 12: So Laurie put a cafe for some coffee.
Speaker 5: You're doing the long drive from Melbourne to Adelaide? Now is this by choice or because you couldn't get a flight?
Speaker 12: A bit by choice? We could have got a flight if we were prepared to extend our mortgage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: You didn't hit You didn't hit the wizard up and say come on son, you've had a good fee year. Put your hand in your pocket for mum.
Speaker 12: No, we didn't bother with that because the answer probably would have been.
Speaker 2: Who's in the in the traveling team? Who have you got in the car with you?
Speaker 12: So I've got my husband Dave, and my oldest son Brad and his girlfriend Lucy and another friend Scott.
Speaker 5: What sort of car are we packing?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 5: How much room is there?
Speaker 12: We're in the Nevara, but it's still a bit tight, bit of a tight squeeze. Just everyone else except myself quite tall, so I get to sit behind Dave in his seats because I don't need the leg room.
Speaker 5: Apparently Joying Now is your son? Does hey barracks for Collingwood?
Speaker 12: Yes, we all bar well, apparently we all go Barry for Collingwood now, but yes, we all grew up Collingwood.
Speaker 3: Laurie's chase here. You must be so bloody proud of your boy. What a season he's had.
Speaker 12: Yeah he is. Well, he's living his best dream, isn't he?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 12: What what wal could you ask for?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 12: That was his dream? And we always just said, yes, yes, Nick, that's what you'll do. And here he is.
Speaker 3: We've gotten to know him quite well over the year. He's been coming in every weekends.
Speaker 4: We love him. He just seems like a good lad.
Speaker 12: Yeah, look he is, he's he tells it as it is. He's definitely what you see is what you get off the field.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sorry, Laurie, have you packed your wizard hats? That's the first part of the question.
Speaker 5: Second question is missus wizard wearing a wizard?
Speaker 2: How does the nickname sit with you? Do you love it?
Speaker 12: I haven't packed a hat because he would kill me if I wore a hat and someone did say to me, you need to wear it if you're getting FaceTime interview, and I said.
Speaker 5: No, Florie. What is the vibe at the club?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Are the parents are close knit community? The Hawks, moms and dads and families will hang out together. And how's everyone feeling?
Speaker 12: It's really good. Look, we couldn't have thanks for more of a positive experience as far as but being introduced to the AFL. The Hawks family is definitely a family club and we really feel part of the group. We were all catching up before the game. We do most games, and we have dinners throughout the years, so we've actually got to know all families really well, which is great.
Speaker 3: Just quickly back to Clint's question, how does the wizard nickname sit with you?
Speaker 12: Look, it's fine, it's not what we know him as. We have a laugh about it and call to me. We did stay to count when he introduced it that he should patent the name because he has definitely got it on a roll. We just roll with the punches as Nick has, which I think is really good, is embraced it. We know him as what or bullool is what most of his mates call him, just like just a hard man hard man on the field, that's what his to call him.
Speaker 3: Is it just me or does he only play football? And then when he's not on the field he plays PlayStation like that is literally his life.
Speaker 12: That is literally his life. They're trying to find something else for him to do. And he did say to me about a month ago he was going to purchase the dog.
Speaker 2: I said, no, you're not.
Speaker 12: He said, well, mum, you don't actually have a stay because I live at a home. I said, well, who's looking after the dog when you're not around?
Speaker 5: You are, Laurie.
Speaker 8: He really is quite close to Nick Glory. So I'll babysit the dock.
Speaker 2: Someone's looking after yours.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, actually okay, So you're heading to you're heading to Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: Now Adelaide Oval. The last time the Hawk, well that the Hawthorne Final last year against Port Adelaide got a little bit willing. So what sort of atmosphere are you expecting over there because they can get a bit fair all the old South Australians.
Speaker 12: Yes, I'm hoping it's a little bit better than the Port Adelaide crowd last the Adelaide Yeah, that was that was definitely an eye opener for us. So yeah, and we've actually got someone that's fairly close to the family that plays for Adelaide, so bit so one of both Brad and Nick's really good mate, Jakes Fligo, It plays for Adelaide. So we're all a little bit sort of like, should we wish in luck?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: Probably not, Laurie.
Speaker 3: Just before we let you go, I thought, last thirty seconds, let's get to know Nick a little bit better, some rapid fire questions.
Speaker 4: You ready for this?
Speaker 5: I don't know all right?
Speaker 4: His favorite food used to cook.
Speaker 12: For him, probably past up.
Speaker 4: What age did he stopped wet in the bed? He was good?
Speaker 12: Actually he was pretty good. I think he was added Nappy's at three.
Speaker 4: It's not bad. Was he allowed girl sleeping over?
Speaker 12: Still a lot later?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: He lay?
Speaker 12: Really had one? Which is the current?
Speaker 4: Right? What you like your proved mum? Yeah, she's lovely, sorry brown now night?
Speaker 12: Oh we could do yes? She she plays as well.
Speaker 4: So does he have a call to borrow money?
Speaker 12: Yes, all the time. And I have a log book.
Speaker 4: I love that. Well, that big contract's coming, so you make sure you keep that.
Speaker 5: Long on he'll pay it back one well, and truly.
Speaker 4: Do you do you still do his washing? No? All right? And final one, what did he get you for your last birthday?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Good on your wiz, Hey, Laurie, just before we let you go, you're a split family. You barrick for the Hawks, but you sort of haven't quite admitted that you don't bar it for Collingwood. What happens if it's Collingwood the Hawks on Grand Final Day?
Speaker 12: I don't even know. Dave has already said, please, God, don't do that to me. And we're not religious.
Speaker 5: You'll be happy either way. Then you get a win, win.
Speaker 3: Win, Laurie, take it easy on the ride to have a safe trip to Adelaide. We love your boy, the family and good luck tonight.
Speaker 12: Good thank you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: We're so Yeah, we're proud of him. We're like proud parents.
Speaker 12: I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: Thank you for money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, next time we talk to him. We've got a few items on the Who is this mystery football playing girlfriend? B Stop calling your mum and asking for money and see buyer a ticket next time you don't make the family drive.
Speaker 3: That is a missus wizard, Laurie. Nick Watson's mom Joiny's on the air at night of it coming up your chance to when you wad to our Grand Final breakfast.
Speaker 2: On the wad to the.
Speaker 10: Whore Jason Lawrence Grand Final Breakfast, guys.
Speaker 2: I just watching Jayce during that song. It really gets it going. It gets Yeah, you've got to spring.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go. I'm ready to launch.
Speaker 2: That's your song, that is my song.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go. I am so pumped for the game tonight. Crows e the Hawks.
Speaker 3: We just spoke to Nick, what I think everyone in this fine stake will be happy just to see anyone in there except Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 4: What have we got to less than two weeks now to that Grand Final breakfast? Very exciting.
Speaker 5: I'm pumped, guys.
Speaker 3: We are going to be taken over the Sporting Globe at your home for AFL Grand Final Day. You can book right now and a massive shout out to Adriatic Furniture. Are you andreadic springing to Style Sailors on right now? You can chop in store or online today the curt Adriatic Furniture, great stuff there. They're actually going to deck out our Grand Final breakfast couches. It's almost going to look like we're just over at Clint's house coffee tables were going coastal themes. Massive shout out to Adriadic Furniture and the Sporting Glove Grand Final Breakfast.
Speaker 4: You cannot buy these tickets cool.
Speaker 5: No, you have to win them quick like to be so fun.
Speaker 4: Hello Blinda, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 2: You'd like to come along to our GF breakfast?
Speaker 11: I would love to My girlfriend and I Selena would love to come.
Speaker 4: You're there, you got your tickets? See there, I'm going to call those two sound like fun?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll be on the mimosas?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Jas?
Speaker 5: Who else do we want to invite?
Speaker 4: Let's go to my neck of the words in Bentley, Kathy, you're coming?
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic, that's great, looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: Who do you break for and who are going to bring them?
Speaker 12: I'm a mad SAT supporter, live close to the Grand so I can just walk over there. It's fantastic and I'm just gonna bring them Betty with me this time.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, are you going to have a mimosa in the morning?
Speaker 4: Absolute?
Speaker 2: Kath do you know? Do you know the knock knock?
Speaker 9: Who's there?
Speaker 4: Ohen? When that's sight?
Speaker 5: Wear your footy colors. We'll see you there, Kathy, let's.
Speaker 4: Put a security guard next to No.
Speaker 5: Why Kathy is going to live large? It's final long way here best starting early.
Speaker 4: Two big New Zealanders and security tops on the side place.
Speaker 2: We've got got chickens. Also for you, Allison, you want to come along?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Please, you're there, No worries. Out of the bathroom and to the Grand Final breakfast. We will see you there than you want to bring you four daughters?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: That's cool. Girls.
Speaker 5: Bring the whole fan why not?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we all bur it for Geelong.
Speaker 5: Would any of your daughters like to meet Clint properly? That sounded like a note. Okay, the quest continues, Clint.
Speaker 4: I'm very picky.
Speaker 2: Anyway, We're more there for the bacon and eggs.
Speaker 5: Lauren, Yeah, that was Savage.
Speaker 2: They want to see Mike Brady.
Speaker 4: He will be there.
Speaker 3: Mike Brady the Premiership cut. You can get a photo with that, past and present players. It's our favorite day of the year.
Speaker 4: You can win invites all next week on the show, Savage. We can't say too much, but let's just say something Melbourne wants.
Speaker 5: Yeah you want to be listening to us song Grand Final week?
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, you want.
Speaker 4: Them, you want them.
Speaker 2: It's big and it's special.
Speaker 4: We got them. Let's just say that.
Speaker 3: All the details revealed soon here on Nova Final Chance to get in the running to see Benson Boone in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Did you say Ben?
Speaker 4: I said, Benson Boone.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing I love more than Ben. And is Benson Boone in Las Vegas?
Speaker 2: I see Benson Burne broke up with Missus Burne.
Speaker 5: Is Benson Boone single?
Speaker 8: He's back on the market, guys, Benson, he's back, He's ready to burn.
Speaker 5: Well, we must go to Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: There, we must go Final Chance. Hit up the Nova Player app today.
Speaker 2: Benson is so.
Speaker 5: Hard right now, so he would be the most eligible bachelor in the world. I would say.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Laurie, you're in Brisbane.
Speaker 5: Well look if you can't go to Benson Boone, yeah, get on the overplayer app register you could. You could be winning that trip. That would be fun, wouldn't it. Jason?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he'd be able to see him perform his new album American Heart, which is out now in Vegas. Now you're in Brisbane, not Vegas.
Speaker 5: No, Benson Boone to be safe, but that is the concert of the decade. Let me tell you the other concert of the decade I was at last night. I came up to Brisbane because my two nieces they were in the school musical. And when you get a call from an eleven year old saying please can you come Uncle Paul and Auntie Lauren, I was like.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 5: Where else would I rather be?
Speaker 2: On a first day?
Speaker 5: That the Amazing Adventures of Superstan.
Speaker 2: Superstan, what's amazing?
Speaker 6: It was a cross between Willie Wonka, Superman Minions and Swan Lake with a bit of tap dancing thrown.
Speaker 2: It sounds like one of my dreams.
Speaker 6: Now, Jason, we went to your your and maybe this is why they wanted us there, because we went to your son's school musical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you came along to my sons. That was a couple of years ago. That was.
Speaker 3: Captain Hook, that was this year. This one, that one was a tree, got the things, the things in it, the things that was that and you know what, like jokes aside, The kids put so much work into those productions and they're actually four.
Speaker 5: Months they're rehearsed. So we got there and first of all, there's the big sign no videoing, no photographing.
Speaker 4: Now, remember you and I got in trouble, mister boll and Jerry got up you.
Speaker 6: Mister boll And Jerry, I got in trouble for taking a photo no photos, and I thought, oh, I sent it to Jason. I'm going to have to go through the gift shop on the way out to buy the official video if we want to watch it again.
Speaker 5: But we get there and it's prepped through to year six the whole school. Is that what we saw at your kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what will happen is normally the production will be based around the year sixes, like it's time to shine. The Preppies will get dragged out to do one song and then they Yeah, so the.
Speaker 6: Preppies were first, and then year one, then y two while the play's going on, and then after that, then all those parents from those classes sneak out of side door because it's obviously too late for the Preppies. They're on first, and then half the audience leaves. But there was it was a it was so good, by the way, well done to all the kids.
Speaker 4: Paul.
Speaker 5: Also, we're in the front row, so that was highly embarrassing. While Paul was trying to sing along to songs he'd never heard before, Paul is also an enormous human being. My fiance.
Speaker 6: It was like, well, no, you get the list of songs, but you don't get so. My niece Macey was playing Grandma who had a giant syringe like the size of her that she could inject into the bottom of Superstan to turn him into a superhero.
Speaker 2: A's syringe, I don't think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a photo. Yeah, I've got the photo right here of her giant hang on. Was she dressed as a syringe or no, she was dressed as a grandmother syringe a super potion into an unsuspecting man called Stan and make him a superhero.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what kids are doing.
Speaker 5: It's Colors days.
Speaker 2: Guys who wrote this play Hawes who I don't know.
Speaker 5: Do you think he himself with the super Persian?
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone's on the super person.
Speaker 5: And then all these like hundreds of minions came out.
Speaker 6: The minions were they were really good. And our other niece Addie was also in the Quiet and she was excellent in she was dressed in a military outfit like a Camo situation. There's a lot happening.
Speaker 2: It's quite a few layers to this can I there was a.
Speaker 6: Lot of layers and it was sort of a Willy Wonka style like Evil lolly Maker in it too.
Speaker 2: Yes, did you enjoy it?
Speaker 5: I loved it. There were three shows, which is a lot for little kids.
Speaker 4: Three No, this is what I said last time, Like they were exhausted.
Speaker 2: What's held out?
Speaker 3: I know, but like you can't even doing a matinee then a night performance, then they's another night perform.
Speaker 4: Bug it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And there was a situation with the tickets, Clint, because we were in the front row and some of the other family were further back and they were like, it's like these ticks have been sold.
Speaker 5: Said that down in front, he's too tall.
Speaker 6: And Paul's nephew was at the back and he was like, it's like these tickets have been sold on via go go. There's six people who think they're sitting in row sixteen, and so that people had to stand in the wings.
Speaker 5: It was too full. They'd oversold it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a long time standing. That's when you look down of the program and we're not even half.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, the people being kicked out. There was no interval. It was in two acts, but they rolled all the way through. So well done and to all the kids because I know it is that time of year. Are lots of kids doing their school productions. Good luck, have fun, and it's just so cute watching some of them having a lot more fun than others.
Speaker 2: Some kids that don't want to be saying Nana run around with a giant Neige, a giant Serene altogether what you didn't know?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 4: Oh? I need to lay down Melbourne headlights can now be switched off.
Speaker 5: Have we got another banger? This is fun? This is fun?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that was fun fun?
Speaker 5: Thank you for being.
Speaker 4: Well lights on, sing along escalatedd tonight.
Speaker 5: Didn't I didn't it? We got three for the price of one. Well done, Clinty. I give you a nine out of ten those selections.
Speaker 4: I was solid. If you did Africa next, you would That's a playlist.
Speaker 5: He lost your voice from singing clues I.
Speaker 2: Have actually don't forget.
Speaker 3: Benson Burne's new album American Heart is out and now featuring Sorry, I'm Here for someone Else and Mystical Magical. Uh your last chance to get in the running today to see in Vegas and makes you going to.
Speaker 5: That last day for Benson Boone in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Guys. Good luck to the Hawks.
Speaker 2: Time we're coming.
Speaker 5: All right, Clinty, who wins Brisbane or Gold Coast?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I reckon? The sons might get up.
Speaker 5: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: Mine's got a lot of injuries, including locking you up.
Speaker 4: My voice has gone. I'm really hoping they get up.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm here in Brisbane, so if Brisbane and I will go out on the town in Brisbane and give you a thorough report of how the Queensland does it celebrate.
Speaker 8: Tont the what's it called the Pineapple grapple? Whoever wins, you'll be out on the town.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest.
Speaker 5: No, I'm having a quiet weekend, family weekend in Brisbane.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I enjoy the family weekend, Laurie. Who knows?
Speaker 6: I'll give you a four report on Monday, fair chance. What was that place you said to go where people got.
Speaker 2: Mad Caxton Hotel, Flash Floord research for the show. A place called Cloudland. I was there last time, Yeah there was.
Speaker 3: If you're next time you go to Cloudland, if you could grab my credibility, I left it there.
Speaker 4: Last I go.
Speaker 5: I'll collect Clints on the way out as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Hey, Melbourne, have a great weekend. Go to the Hawks tonight. We will see you Monday.
Speaker 4: By and Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lauren wake up feeling good.
Speaker 5: Follow them on the socials