Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the heart of it.
Speaker 2: We would like to acknowledge the Galligle people of the Eora nation that we record this podcast on today and give respect to their elders, both past and presence.
Speaker 1: We're doing something different today.
Speaker 3: We are yet right, So since we were kind of and when we sort of, we've sort of touched on a few of these things in the past because is a little it's just a little bit of a fun.
Speaker 2: Fun app never for the heart of it, have we done that correct? We did it in separate bathrooms. We did a bit more of a personal episode so you guys could get to know us a little better. We've got Xander, well, we always have Xander in the studio. Xander is our producer and Xander's best friend is Ai.
Speaker 1: He just admitted that.
Speaker 4: I did just admit that, so you do chat GPT. It's my best friend.
Speaker 2: And Xander went because we're sitting here and we've got in total trends expariency. Our guest today had a personal issue and had to do a runner. So we're sitting here, we've got time to spare and Xander goes, well, why didn't I ask my best friend chat.
Speaker 3: GPT was wondering what voice he was going to put on for you.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: I was like, hang on, why don't I ask chat GPT some questions because I said, I don't want to just sit here and talk.
Speaker 1: I want to do something fun.
Speaker 3: There's I mean, chat GPT, there's you can I mean, as you probably know already, listener, that the things you can ask it like a friend of mine asked it the other day. Talk to me like, I'm your drunk best friend at a nightclub and you're talking me out of going home with a guy, and really yes, And and this chat GPT because she uses it a lot, knew exactly who she was, so I was able to go, hey, babe.
Speaker 1: What what are you doing? Dormones? Are you take your drunk goggles off? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was, I mean, what a hilarious thing.
Speaker 4: So do you know what?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: What I do is I always think it afterwards because because one day when AI takes over, it's going to remember my kindness and so it won't hurt me.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly exactly. I think another friend of ours, Nick Hardcastle, he put into chat GPT roast roast Nick Hardcastle for his life, and he put some of it up on Instagram. It was hilarious because again they knew him, or that I say it like they're a community. It knew him, and they came up. It came up with all this hilarious roasting of Nick Hardcastle.
Speaker 1: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 2: See the flip side to that is Mi lea guitarist, sent me a song that he wrote through Well, he didn't write it. He just he just put a title.
Speaker 3: In and a couple of topics.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, and said how that he wants it in a Cajun style New Orleans blues version of you know my crocodile ate my hat? Yeah, And out came this fully produced song with the most kick ass beat and guitar, this funky guitar stuff and lyrics and a great singer singing it.
Speaker 1: It happened in less than twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: Yes, I hate that I did too.
Speaker 1: I suddenly got a little depressed. I was like, shit, you know there's a songwriter. It's it was downhill for let's not do that. So let's look at the upside. And Xander, what did you punch in? What was you what? What did you write?
Speaker 4: So what I wrote was Hi, I have Cam and Ali Dado in a podcast studio with me, and I want to ask them questions so we can get to know them better and their relationship. Can you give me a list of fun questions to quiz them on?
Speaker 1: What was its first response?
Speaker 4: So that sounds like a great segment, And I said, I agree, Actually you.
Speaker 1: Really converse with chev.
Speaker 4: It's a girl to girl. Yeah, yeah, a smart she has to be. Yeah, I mean I heard her.
Speaker 1: Can she talk her tones yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just in writing.
Speaker 4: But you know what, it hits me deep in the heart and that's all the matters.
Speaker 1: Is that possible though?
Speaker 2: Could you get like if you liked I don't know, Gwyneth Paltrow's voice or someone like.
Speaker 4: That's a movie I think called her Yeah yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which is all like when they fall in love with Ai.
Speaker 1: Yeah remember that short that we filmed.
Speaker 2: So Alie used to write for a UK website called powder Room Graffiti, and there was what we we were doing was turning was that your essay that you wrote?
Speaker 1: It was that at a reader.
Speaker 3: That was a reader. So the so they asked us to or ask me to turn things into into videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was the guy there was a couple and he'd fallen in love with his navigation, his GPS thing. So we shot the video of my friend and his wife or he's two actors falling in love with their old tom Tom machine.
Speaker 1: Well he fell.
Speaker 2: Back yeah, yeah, because it was like early two thousands, I guess, and he ended up sleeping with the tom Tom in the on his own, in his own but sleeping with the tom Tom listening to the direction. It was really funny anyway. So yes, okay, So I just wanted I wanted to have some fun today and this sounds fun. So you've got some questions to your girlfriend from your girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Check, very unlikely to haven't got as well?
Speaker 1: Chat gp Tina best friend?
Speaker 4: Yeah, betriend, Yeah, my bffka cha chat y Yeah that's a good one. I like that. So I've got some questions here and you might find them basic, but I think it's a really good way to break down some barriers for people listening in today to get to know you a bit better.
Speaker 3: So our new listeners, of course, yes, there's many of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the first question I have for you today is where was your first date together? And what did you do?
Speaker 2: I think that was correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was you visiting my house and we headed off in my little wooden speedboat for a few hours. Correct, that was the first day. Was that also our walk along Palm Beach? Or was that another day? That was another day that was memorable when I was so memorable about that for me? So Ali and I walked down This is not the first date, but it was an early so it was a hot maybe I would have been an early summer. And we were walking along Palm Beach in Sydney, towards the lighthouse. And I had my shirt off, just a pair of bodies and the wind was behind us, and Al had that long hair, beautiful long hair that everyone wanted to have it still does. And her hair was tickling my back. It was the wind was blowing it across my back and it was the most luscious feeling.
Speaker 3: It's so I remember you talking about that.
Speaker 1: I do. Yeah, clearly I like my back being tickled.
Speaker 3: So there you go by my hair?
Speaker 4: Who said I love you first? Cameron Dadda And where that is?
Speaker 3: I cannot disclose that information because I remember vividly after sex.
Speaker 1: Wow would have been yeah, I was I usually say it then were you.
Speaker 4: Are you surprised when he said it?
Speaker 3: It was quite early days. I mean we rushed a lot of things. Yeah, I think it was. I think I was surprised. Yeah, I was. I mean it's I certainly felt the same way, But I was surprised that you said it as early as you did.
Speaker 4: And did you say it back?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I did. I think I was at that p.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I can't push ill to say anything back.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: You just can't.
Speaker 2: If you have an expectation for that, you are going to be sorely disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that she does everything in her own.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that I wasn't feeling love, But I remember just wanting to say it. When I wanted to say it, Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 4: That's when you should say it what it feels correct.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it means more, whereas I just said it because.
Speaker 2: It was just like, oh my god, and I went, oh my god.
Speaker 4: What is the most memorable gift you've received from each other?
Speaker 1: That's a great question, chat GP Tina.
Speaker 4: No, that's me.
Speaker 2: Most memorable. I don't know what the most memorable gift is OL's given me. Some incredible gifts, but I'm going to say we were not married. And I opened a show in Melbourne. It was the Wizard of Oz and Al made me a card and the car was and I played the Scarecrow and the card was made of straw with a She drawn my face as the as scarecrow and wrote this beautiful note to me about about, you know, chookers, and which she had no It was so funny because I think she wrote, I think it's what you say chookers. She didn't know any anything about music or theater, but heard this weird word that you don't say good luck, you say chookers.
Speaker 1: So it was in the card.
Speaker 2: But it was this open out, lovely straw card that opened out and my face sort of popped out as scarecrow with this big grin on my face, and it's just so sweet, And that one struck still sticks in my mind, probably because I still have the card as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still not long recently, not not super recently, but I was like, oh my god, it's in your special box.
Speaker 1: In the So I have a lot of boxes, Xander.
Speaker 4: What's in the boxes?
Speaker 1: Treasures?
Speaker 2: So I've got a collection of boxes. I must have about there's not quite probably not ten, but.
Speaker 1: All varieties wooden. The first box I ever got was.
Speaker 2: A steel one, and that's where the main treasures are, and that's where the.
Speaker 4: Keep them because when you see them, it's very nostalgic and brings you back to moments.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I keep them because I cannot bring myself to throw them away. Yeah, I'm not a hoarder.
Speaker 4: That's what all how to say?
Speaker 1: You've stumped me? I am.
Speaker 2: Evidently I'm a hoarder of emails. I keep a lot of emails. That's something you need to know about that wherever you're listening, like why, but how could I throw that away? It's the same with some of our kids' pictures and things. So I just need a sample.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: What's a memorable gift? Have I ever given you a memorable gift? See this is where ALI might not answer this, because.
Speaker 3: You're just determined to give me a hard time about and paint me as a certain person. Today, I feel like you're right, Uh yeah, okay, So I am going to go to the one that came up first. And I actually have spoken about this before, and it was I was a ballerina for about nine years, yeah, about nine years, and I had wanted to be in the Australian Ballet. I was my whole heart and soul was dedicated to dance. I loved it so much and I ended up blowing out both of my knees and I couldn't dance anymore. But there never existed a single photograph, video, anything of me dancing. Nothing. I had nothing to prove I was a dancer other than my stories in my posture. And it always really saddened me that I had absolutely nothing to show that I was a dancer. And can I'm tracked down the dance studio in Taramara, Penelope Lancaster School, Academy of Dance, tracked it down, spoke to her son, funnily enough, who still ran the dance studio, and in their archives they had a photograph of me. And Cam got that photograph and put it onto like a mug, and put it onto you, put it onto a bunch of stuff, shirts, all sorts of stuff, and I couldn't comprehend that I was seeing a photograph of me in my little I was Queen of clubs for this, as in you know, there was Queen of hearts queen of this and I was queen of clubs, and there I was like, as a dancer, this one photograph that existed, so that that blew my mind because that was a lot of tracking down an effort to do that.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm a dancer and the cup Yeah right, I'm a dance.
Speaker 3: I'm a a dancer.
Speaker 4: What is one thing that both of you do that always makes each other laugh?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: It's I always say this when Cam's not trying to be funny. He's hilarious. There's just certain things that he does that and I think it's sometimes he doesn't even realize it's going to make me laugh to the point of tears rolling down my face. So there's no sort of one thing particular, but just every now and again. In one liner, I do laugh a lot when he's laughing at when someone's taking the piss out of camp. It's usually when the kids are taking the piss out of him and he's laughing his ass off. That makes me laugh a lot too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ah, what, it's not so much she does.
Speaker 1: That's what she says, and it's her.
Speaker 4: How would you describe Al's humor?
Speaker 1: Dry? Dry humor?
Speaker 2: She's really good at like, she's a really kind person, so she doesn't take the piss out of other people. She never does that, never takes an opportunity to laugh at someone else's misfortune. That that just doesn't happen. It's it's when it's when things are I'm taking that back for a second, because we're watching your favorite TV show, Antique, and the host had the most ridiculous haircut, and she's like, oh my god, look at his hair. It was he's an older gentleman, an English gentleman with this.
Speaker 1: Long, ridiculous hair, you know, And she goes, look at his hair. It looks crazy. I said, it's COVID. He hasn't had a haircut in a long time. Everyone else was that a haircut around him? Why can't he get one.
Speaker 2: That's the first time I've heard you kind of actually go something.
Speaker 3: They were they were just the facts though they weren't taking the pits.
Speaker 4: That was just fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's a very dry sense of humor, but it's observational as well. And I think it's also when I hear her laugh at like a Ricky Serve a video or something like that, when she's just really exploding with laughter.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what brings brings me joy.
Speaker 4: This is a funny one. But if you were both an animal, what would you be?
Speaker 1: Would that be?
Speaker 4: Yet?
Speaker 3: Now I have two thoughts about that, like would it be the animal that you want to be? Or what the animal that you.
Speaker 4: Know it would be you think each other would be? What what of you encapsulate? What animal you would be?
Speaker 3: I reckon? Can it be like a cocker spaniel?
Speaker 1: What is it? Because our son has a cock spaniel. That thing's crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just kind of very I just think dog like I think that, Yeah, I think you're a dog. I've got that dog energy. I think yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm going for swan. Swan, Yeah, elegant long neck. Well, I mean I think elegant, long neck.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking kids, lots of kids, but really family, family orientated. And they also they had a partner. And this is not about not making about me, but I love the Swans. There's a pair of swans at the golf club that sit on the lake and they are just gorgeous and they're always together and they do stuff together and they have their babies, their signets and it's just a really everyone gets excited about the Swans. They're just elegant and beautiful when they fly. And so I'm going to say a.
Speaker 1: Quite swan one. Yeah, lovely, I'll be the black Swan.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is so? Where is your favorite holiday you've had together?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, favorite holidays?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, I'll jump in here. We've had some good ones and we've had disasters, had absolutely disaster holidays.
Speaker 1: Quite a few.
Speaker 3: In the early it felt like we had really bad holiday karma for a long time.
Speaker 2: Our honeymoon was We've spoken about that, but our honeymoon there was a freaking hurricane pushed over the island of Kawaii.
Speaker 1: We were locked in our hotel for four days. But you make the most of it.
Speaker 2: No, I think my favorite one was our RV trip to the Grand Canyon prior to leaving the US and celebrating our twenty fifth wedding anniversary with the kids.
Speaker 1: I think that was my favorite one. Yeah, that was beautiful, certainly a favorite.
Speaker 3: I feel like every time we've gone to Hawaii. We've been to Hawaii three times, is that right? I think any of those I would take as one of my favorites. There's been I mean again, just I know we talk a lot about the Scotland trip. Oh, of course was just incredible with so many of us in that van driving.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, holiday, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I just have it.
Speaker 3: I have a real soft spot for the Hawaii ones because it was when the kids were really little, and it was always so exciting to fly from La over there and I feel like you've gone somewhere beautiful.
Speaker 1: Well it's exotic, it's lovely Hawaiian but.
Speaker 4: Easy a little. Yeah, what song reminds you of each other?
Speaker 3: If I had a boat by Lah love it?
Speaker 1: I will wait for you, Mumford and Sons.
Speaker 4: And why those songs? What about those songs makes you think of each other?
Speaker 3: Okay, multiple reasons. Actually, so Cam sung to me the very first song he ever sung to me was at his house and he played that song for me. And I'd never heard him play music before. It, didn't actually even know he was a singer or could play guitar. And yeah, he picked up his guitar and sung that song and I was like, just goner, just an absolute garner. And then you also played it. I think I watched you play it on the Ray Martin Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Matt Hanley.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then we also played it at our wedding as well.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, beautiful song.
Speaker 2: Well anything Mumford and Sons, I think of our because she just she That's one of the joyful places is watching Allison watch Mumford and Sons play or listen to it, and the kids have and I'll jump on this that they she does have our prepare city to kill a record because she'll just overplay it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my mom find it must be the generation.
Speaker 2: Find a new artist and now just plays it to death and the kids, no, no, no, no, no more Mumford, no more Wild Rivers.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: It's like, honey, you're not allowed to. You can't. You can't put that on again.
Speaker 3: Yet I try to do it now, just when no one else is around. Sometimes you walk in the kitchen and I've got I've got it playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think I will wait for you. Is it just watching our see them play that live and when she's jumping up and down. And then we also our farewell party from Los Angeles. We had this big living room and everyone was in there and that song was pumping and everyone there must have been fifty sixty people in that room just jumping, jumping and screaming and yelling that song with such joy and tears and it's.
Speaker 1: Just gorgeous, big moments.
Speaker 4: What's each other's most annoying habit?
Speaker 3: Oh? Most annoying habit? Am I saying it about myself or about Cam?
Speaker 1: Oh? About Cam?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Definitely, because there's a lot about me. Oh gosh, I think it's it's yeah, it is. Sometimes the vagueness just kills me. He's a Pisces and and Pisces are always known to be off and away with the Pixies. I think you're a double Pisces or something as well. But the vagueness, it just sometimes because what it boils down to for me is I feel like I'm not being listened to. And that's a really really big trigger for me where I feel like he hasn't listened, and that equals he hasn't listened equals he does not care what I'm saying. So that it's the it's the vagaries have just gone with the Pixies, and it's like, come on, and.
Speaker 2: We're talking about where are we Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming.
Speaker 4: You are dory. Actually, that's such a good You should be that fish. What are they angel fish or something?
Speaker 3: What is.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, the angel fish is the blue one?
Speaker 1: To is blue? Oh that is?
Speaker 2: I think the clown fishes is Nemo the blue one. I don't know what Dory is, but yeah, I have aspects of Dory. Definitely, yeah, definitely well connected to that is Alim.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think this is very much connected to the last five years, which is her going through through her menopause, and it's she has no tolerance for my vagueness and she has no tolerance for me getting facts wrong. She corrects me, and that's howney. It just started happening in the last little while where she correct me and it's like and then she correct me and I know she's wrong, and then you go, oh, I'm sorry, I'm wrong, and I'm like to shut up, don't say a word.
Speaker 3: It's true. I do get it wrong.
Speaker 1: I do get it.
Speaker 3: But when I know not often, but you do when I When I do I wrong, I do apologize because I guess so like, no, it's blue.
Speaker 4: Do you ever do you ever realize you're wrong and just have to stick with it?
Speaker 3: Because I yeah, no, I can't stick with it. My brain won't let me stick with it. I have this thing about correctness, like I just have to have That's what happens with the fact thing as well, where if I let it sit that, if I knew I was wrong and I kept going with I couldn't do it. My brain just wouldn't let me do it. So I've got to like own up to it. It's not that I'm a terrible thing, but I I have to own up to anything that I've done that's incorrect. And then I want other people to own up to it as well when they know that they're wrong, and then when they don't, I'm like.
Speaker 2: We we had recently, we had a beautiful situation where over on my birthday and Ali and the kids pulled together and gave me this most fantastic gift and the story that went with the gift was quite lovely. What it was basically, the guy, the seller who sold this gift to al had met me in the past and sold me something else and anyway, it wasn't drugs, Alice telling me the whole thing had it had the effect of drugs. Though when I put it on, I was like, I feel sleeping.
Speaker 3: You could say we can say it's a watch.
Speaker 1: It seems to weird you out there listening, going and going excited.
Speaker 4: About the warning at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 2: But no, it meant something to me because it was something that was repeated and from many years ago. But our got the story of them, of the seller and me incorrect.
Speaker 1: And she's telling me this. There we are out for dinner, getting.
Speaker 2: Really excited about and he met you. He sold this, watched you in Los Angeles, and I'm going, this guy never sold me a watch in Los Angeles. I bought that original watch in Melbourne and he's spinning you a crocerds s yeit, you know. So I slept with it that night. I slept with the watch and I slept with this story. And then Al said, isn't it amazing that you know after all these years? And here he comes and I'm like, I gotta be honest with you. I got to tell you I didn't.
Speaker 1: Buy the watching los Angeles. I don't know what that is. And then Il's just gone, no, no, sorry, I've got the story wrong. It's got the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told it wrong in the heat at the moment.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's funny, it's funny.
Speaker 4: That's that final final question. Now, one word to describe each other.
Speaker 1: We've been asked this question before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't remember what I said.
Speaker 2: Remember, dory over here is going. I don't remember being asked the question.
Speaker 3: I've never done a podcast before.
Speaker 1: It always gives me a chance to start again. I start fresh as so I have so enthusiastic about stuff.
Speaker 3: That's so funny because I was going to say enthusiastic.
Speaker 1: There you go, you nailed it. What will I say? I'm going to say two words, two words beautifully complex?
Speaker 3: Oh, I kind of like that. I don't mind being complex, Yeah, beauty, And you're enthusiastically simple, Like, yeah, there's not there's not a lot of complexities to you. You're you're you're a very open book. I mean that in a good way.
Speaker 2: I know it can be quiet, though quiet Well, you know still waters run, yes, deep, this.
Speaker 1: Fish can go deep.
Speaker 4: We're really hanging on to the dory of it all, aren't we.
Speaker 3: There's a new tattoo happening.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Well, Xander, there you go. We've fashioned something out of nothing. And thank you to chat GP Tina for coming up with those questions.
Speaker 3: I will thank her, Thank her graciously from the two of us. And anyway, a little bit of fun, a little bit of quick fun for you out there.
Speaker 1: Catch up with you next time.