Speaker 1: I'm I Boris and this is straight talk. You're getting all this on? Yeah, we are. Millly Ford welcome straight talk.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me, Mily Forward.
Speaker 1: The Singerly Forward, the actress about massive success in your TikTok? Do you think people relate to you because we are seek to death or perfection?
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty percent. It's like, I am so chaotic and scatter brained, but it also gives me the ability to find humor in chaos and be relatable for people. I'm not living a perfect life and we need people to show the realities of life. Just be yourself.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've only talked about to my family friends. It could be first So oh my gosh. We're getting very deep and it's like ten minutes in, like.
Speaker 1: We just to start. Lily Ford, welcome straight talk.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: You look great, Thank you. Can I just comment on your shoes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we just talk for about five minutes. We might have got it on film, but we just talked about I've got to talk issues more imporn. I want to talk your socks.
Speaker 2: Okay, good because that was the one comment I made to myself coming in here.
Speaker 1: Here it is, I said.
Speaker 2: I also didn't tell my legs. I didn't think my feet were going to be shown on here.
Speaker 1: It's okay, but they're they're great, just like Chanel. That's the Chanelle.
Speaker 2: Signs Chanel, and they're pearls.
Speaker 1: They look awesome, they look nice and relaxing, comfortable, but they do stand out. I had to say something about it, right, So Millie tell me. I want to go backwards, but my stuff and where we are today? Right? What are you doing right now? So what's your main game day day? I heard you when you're coming and you said, look one man man, because you because we expect you walking with a big entourage and make up specialists, hairstylists, blah blah. So you're one man man. What are you doing? What's your deal for me?
Speaker 2: I think people in my life would argue that it's time that I did actually expand my team of one. And I'm not going to lie. This is all you need to know about me. I put out a PA call out on my story Instagram story like in August last year, and I still haven't selected my PA, so I had to do it.
Speaker 1: Did you get any response?
Speaker 2: I got hundreds and I looked at that and I thought, I can't do that. So I put it to the side, and I was like, by the time it came around to this year, I was like, most of those people would have jobs. So I did it again, and so I did another call out three weeks ago, and I've managed to go through them, but I haven't actually contacted them because for some reason, I've like resisted bringing someone on even though I know it's the best. It's okay, I know what it is. I've worked backwards as to why. It's because so I work from home, I'm so nervous about having someone in and amongst my private space and losing like freedom almost and so I'm like hanging on to dear life to this last bit of freedom because they come and work at my place. It's very hands on job, and so I'm like, I know I'm procrastinating it, and it just scares me to think that, like I'll have a stranger in my house. That's the main thing, which is such a weird reason. But I love my privacy and I think I'm just kind of like in my head about it. But I'm at a point where I'm so aware that I need to like put in like you know, spend money to make more money, like pay someone to come and help build my life out more because like I can't do it all alone. That's what I'm learning.
Speaker 1: It's sort of the admin role.
Speaker 2: It's an admin role, which is what I need the most. Another thing that I'm learning is like, you know, you don't have to be good at everything, which that's not my forte. I literally cannot do admin work to save my life, Like I am horrible, and I always This is something I always tricked myself into, is like I put a list together of things that I wanted them to do for me, and I was like, I could do that. I could do that. Oh really, you could just do that. Just okay, scribble that up. You could just do that, scribble out. And I realized it wasn't about whether I was capable of doing it. It was actually like, so I could free up my time and had more capacity to do other things that I do enjoy and that are the crux of who I am and my business.
Speaker 1: So if you're if you're if you're paying someone I don't know, fifty bucks an hour whatever whatever it is to do admin, arguably you be earning for your talent more than fifty bucks an hour. So wouldn't be better if you just spend fifty hours a week earning whatever you're going to per out for yourself, then having to be doing these ad ministry jobs you get someone else to do it fifty bucks an hour.
Speaker 2: I meanthomatically one hundred percent. The logic is there. However, my brain doesn't work the same way, and so it takes me like a long time to grasp but I'm way better off doing that. I also have ADHD and OCD, so I very real, for real, like diagnosed clinically, but I literally it's the way my brain works.
Speaker 1: It's so warped.
Speaker 2: And like I know the logic. I know that that's what I'm thinking is irrational, but for some reason I still resist it because it feels unnatural to me.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you need to control everything? Is a part of it.
Speaker 2: So that's part of it. There is a control tendency. I think in the past, when I've worked with people, they haven't done the job as well, not as in working for me, but they've in a team, they haven't done the job as well, or I've ended up doing it anyway, and so in the past it's been a bad decision for whatever reason, and now and I'm like, oh my gosh, like I need to actually find someone who's going to do the job. Well what if I can't find someone? And it's just been this lengthy back and forth and I'm just like an overthinker.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was going to say, is one of the hallmarks of ADHD and perhaps obsessing as well, But is it overthinking? In other words, not overthinking?
Speaker 2: I hate it's called ruminating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ruminating ruminate or thinking about every single possibility that could occur. And when you think about everything single possibility, you'll never get to a more because there's so many of them, and then you can't make sense of them, and then you don't do anything.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's like totally a control thing. So it's actually, this is a great segue into chatting about the OCD stuff, which I didn't realize it hard. But one of the parts of it is the ruminating. So you get these obsessions with something and then you have to perform a compulsion to neutralize yourself to make you feel better. And there's a whole range of these like it could be anything, but you perform the compulsion to neutralize it, to make yourself feel better than you can continue on. But it's all like pretty irrational stuff. So for example, for me, I have this weird thing where I actually laugh because it sounds so dumb when you say it out loud. I have this weird thing where if I think about every possible outcome that could potentially happen, I feel like I've beaten it to the punch. So I've thought about it, so I've ruled it out. So if I think of every bad thing that could potentially happen, it's not going to happen, because for some reason that has worked in the past. So I think about I like to be prepared.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be caught on a week, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: You think of every single thing that could happen, so I'm like prepared for any scenario. And also I think of the bad stuff because like there's no way that I'm going to predict something bad's going to happen to me. So if I think of all the bad stuff that's gone, it's this weird way. And so I do this to myself by city. It's just the way my brain works, and like it's obviously we chatted before. It's like anxiety based and all driven. And that's the that's actually the interesting thing the commons de dominated with ADHD and OCD that a lot of people don't know is it's anxiety driven. And yeah, it literally comes from this, like this worry about not being able to do something or controlling something. So you ruminate on everything.
Speaker 1: And so how does ZOD express itself? Then? So what does it mean for you? Does it mean you paced up and down or you're washing your hands or like or you just can't stop thinking about something?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so there's a lot of time wasted. So I'm now medicated for it, which has changed my life. So the medication that I started taking so last year I hit, oh my gosh, we're getting very deep and it's like ten minutes in, like we should just start extend that a little bit to like the middle. What I was gonna say was last year I was having a really really tough year, probably about this time last year actually, and I finally had a really dear friend of mine chat with me about potentially going to see a doctor because we were kind of like, oh, we think that you might have had HD.
Speaker 1: Maybe really just just last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last year. My friend, my literally my cousin, my best friend. She knows me so well, and she's just like, your mind races faster than anybody I've ever met, Like it is so fast, and you're just there's so much going on, and like she can keep up with it. But like, I'm very like fast paced in the way that I think that it's kind of like a stream of consciousness. Sometimes I'm not actually thinking ahead of what I'm saying, and she's just like, let's just go go to the doctor and the chat about it. And then she referred me to a psych. That all happened. But then when I was at the psych, she was like, actually, I want't you do this questionnaire for OCD as well, And that came out like one hundred percent really strong. And basically when I figured that out, I looked back and I was like, oh my god, there's so many things that I did that I didn't realize were kind of symptoms of OCD. So, for example, the ruminating is one of them. But when I said it about the time wasting thing, so much time is wasted because you need to go and check things or you have to do certain systems in your head, or like patterns in your head, or like, for example, I had a really weird one where I felt like the light switch wasn't off perfectly, so I had to flick it off like a certain number of times to make it sure it felt right. Or checking things like I know that I've put my keys in my bag, like see it happen, but as I like two seconds later, I go to the door and I'm like, did I actually put them in there? Oh, I'll just check, And then I'm like, yep, but did I actually do it? Okay, check again? Like it is just those tiny things. It's not even that's like a very simple, simple example of it. But other things would be like perfectionism is a big one, so and not in the sense of just like everyone thinks it's like clean, like everyone's like, oh my gosh, it's all about being like washing your hands, and that is one form of it, but that doesn't happen to everybody, but perfectionism is one. So for example, I would like, I feel like there was times when I actually a lot of people ask me to I'm doing my content, and like social media, I would do things billion times, like to get it perfect and waste so much time on this tiny detail that probably didn't matter to everybody else, but for me, I actually physically couldn't move on, Like I literally you're stuck. You like know that you shouldn't go back, but you kind of give in and you're like, I'm just going to do it. So you just waste so much time.
Speaker 1: It causes you so much more inefficiency.
Speaker 2: It's inefficient, and it's it causes you more anxiety just from like overthinking everything. So there's those kinds of ways. And then I had some like extremely dark intrusive thoughts.
Speaker 1: And which means what what do you mean? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: Really dark as in things involving death and like violence? And I actually had to move out of my like place two hourses ago because it was just getting too much. And it's so weird because you don't want to hurt anybody, you know, no one wants to hurt you, but you can't get this thought out of your head once it jumps in, and you're like, why did I think of that? That was so weird, and like, oh, what's wrong with me? Wait? What? Oh my gosh, oh, like you know, or you'll just be sitting like you're literally I'll be like lying in bed and I'll be like, oh my god, I just can't get this thought out of my head, and like I'm just checking things like locked and like you get so worked up. And then I wasn't sleeping for so long, and then it was just this whole thing and I just thought I was going like a bit, I was just exaggerating. I thought I was just over the top.
Speaker 1: This is last year, this is last year.
Speaker 2: And then when I went and found out and then I went on these meds and they were therefore anxiety, and that has basically oh my god, when I so, I was basically like a literal troll in my bed for two months, just like adjusting to it. You're adjusting the chemical worry, yes, yes, the there so the serotonin update one, yeah, uptake inhibitors whatever, ye that one. So I have those and they obviously changed the chemicals of my brain. But then I hire over the first day then it started to kick in. I started crying because I was like, wait, this is what it's like to not have a little voice in your head that's telling you everything's going to go wrong all the time. It's like tunnel vision. I was like, oh my god, wait what this like. I did not realized how bad my anxiety was. I thought that I was like, oh, yeah, I've got mild anxiety, but it was so debilitating. I wasn't getting anything done. And I ended up booking a trip to Europe two weeks before I went, and I went on my own, something I would never have done had I not like kind of gone through this process. And it changed my life. And I think it's like, you know, obviously touching on meds, it's not for everybody. I totally get that. For me, it has worked so well to help me get to a place where I want to be, where I don't have to take them anymore. But it's just oh and so that was for the OCDA, and then afterwards I had to start taking the stimulants which is for my ADHD.
Speaker 1: Which just sounds odden stimular, but it helps you focus on on a task. I have some experience with family members in relation to this. You know, it's funny because sometimes we get a bit weird about I don't want to talk about it, you know, and people might think of something when I'm crazy or whatever, and to me, I don't really give a shit. Like I remember years ago when I was under a bit of pressure, Like many years ago, for about two years, I started watching looking at number plates, and I become obsessed with number plates, other people's on plates. And then I started to take the view that the number plate was I could interpret the number plate, and the number plate was actually had a mathematical sequence in it, and then I could and that and that those sequences were telling me something that I should be doing or should not be doing. And start off as a bit it was a bit bit of a weird thing. I was sort of joking with myself, and over period time I became obsessed with it and I had to go see somebody about it, and it was just my response to stress and pressure. But my response is that I'm an obsessive person as well. I get that, like with work of business or anything anything I'm interested in. And I had to take some medication on me out too. And people should talk about it more. I mean, you're a young woman, but it's great that you're prepared to talk about it. Maybe your generation is more like that. My generation is definitely like that to be prepared to talk about these sort of things in a public sense. Now, I don't care. But the only solution to these things is actually someone tapping on the shoulder telling you, hey, Mark, that's a bit weird. You know what you're doing. Because it was one of my sons saw me staring at it, and then I started talking about it, and then and in the end I got myself, you know, I fixed it up. I still get it every now and then I can get it a little bit. I can still go back to none places. I can remember none plates. Yeah, they see a stick in my memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, and I think about them for days yep.
Speaker 1: And then I started seeing patterns. So weird anyways, we think, But it's not about mess about you. But I just wanted why I want to say that is because people and me, people think more. Mark doesn't. You know. It doesn't have many dramas, but we all do it. We all have dramas, and we're all going to be prepared to talk about it. Has have you really, at any stage openly discussed this with massive audiences? Have you just openly discussed with the audiences?
Speaker 2: So I do. I have touched on it. So I spoke about it when it was happening. I mentioned that because I had this new lease on life, I was like, oh my god, like I'm living again, Like it was so weird. I was like grieving in a way this time that i'd lost because I don't know. I look back and I was like, oh, had I known this like five years ago, who knows where I could have been by now, Like that's how I took it. But I was like, no, it's better that it's happened now. I wouldn't change anything about because I didn't have any of this throughout lockdown, and I think that's obviously when I started, and that's how I was so like I was actually able to function in that way. But anyway, back to the question, I spoke about it once it had happened. So this is me like going off and challengent again. I spoke about it once it had happened to my audience very like, very candidly, like I kind of was like, yeah, that's fine, like I can, I can say whatever. And I answered a few questions and people were pretty interested. And then there's like this part of me that also didn't want my content to completely change into my ADHD makes me like this, and I did this with my oc victim literally and I was like, oh, like I don't want to be that person. It's like, oh, sorry, guys, my ADHD made me late, Like no, like, I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to make my personality. So I was pretty firm about that. So, yes, I addressed it, and I'm open about it and if people ask me about it, I'm very happy to talk about it. I spoke about it on a podcast as well, which was really helpful for me to kind of like, yeah, talk about it openly because it is important, but.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't define you. It's the most No, it doesn't define me. How'd you come to terms with that?
Speaker 2: So I just realized that I got to where I am today or like I guess last year without any without any of that knowledge that I had anything like that. So that means that who I was as Millie got me there, and that's what makes me me Like, yes, I am so chaotic and scatterbrained and disorganized and like, honestly, I'm like, why me?
Speaker 1: Why am I?
Speaker 2: Why was I created to be incredibly disorganized? And some people at my sister most organized person. I I was like that's not fair, Like that's what I'm annoyed about. However, it also gives me the ability to find humor in chaos and be relatable for people because a lot of people can relate. We need people to show the realities of life because it's just it's I'm not living a perfect life, and I was. It was pretty easy for me to be like, Yep, it's not me. It's a part of me. I'm working on it, and it's helping me set up systems and stuff like getting a PA two so I don't have to heavily rely on them for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: But I'm with that comedy in chaos that's not a bad term that it's quite a good turn of phrase. But what do you mean by comedy and chaos? Do you actually think your brain is chaotic?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Yeah, Like it's actually you know how you were saying it. Someone needs to tell you that you're weird. I like, my cousin was like, mil I know you're weird, but like that's weird. You need to go see like I am like the most Like there's just so much in here and it's so funny when I start speaking to someone new and would jumping like like next thing next, and like, wait, hang on, we were talking about and I'm like, sorry, I just have so much to say. Just keep up with me, Like I've got so much to say, and there's just so much going on in my brain and it's it's it makes me. It causes chaos in my life. So for example, before I your case for brothers, for everybody literally including me. So for example, I'll be in the middle of doing something like I'll be in the mid of the doing car this is a very eighty ahd thing, but in the middle of doing a task, and then something pops into my head and I was like, oh, that would be so funny. Way, I wonder if I have that shirt from two thousand and eight still in my wardrobe drop everything, Like, say you're doing the dishes, dishes dropped. I need to go find that shirt from two thousand and eight. Do I have that in my wardrobe. I'm gonna go rifling through.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's a dress.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try this and I haven't wornt this in ages is thish. Oh my gosh, my phone rang. Okay, cool. And then at the end of the day, I'm like, I forgot to finish doing the dishes. So that is like my life is just I swear three quarters of the time I'm just cleaning up after myself because I've left a trail. It's like, you know, Millie's been here, because there's just half finished things everywhere. So there's that chaos. But also I went through a pretty toxic stage of just like I guess in dating as well, like you can be pretty chaotic as well, and I'm not really like that anymore. And actually i don't think I was ever that bad, but like probably doing things that I wasn't I probably shouldn't have because it's chaotic, and it's like for the story, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I'm going on a different blokesore, Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is a rogue This is such a not at the same time, but more like this is a rogue story or like this is probably not a good time to go see this person. I'm gonna go do it anyway because it's a funny story. So like almost creating content from my life because it's funny and like, this is something I've noticed while in this job, is like when I now I'm like, oh that's a good that's content. Like I'll think of something Oh, that's great content. It's like anything that happens good or bad. If it's bad good content, Like it's so weird how I try and turn everything into like and this is also not a great thing, but you kind of try and think of the positive in the negatives of like, well, at least there's a funny video out of it sort of thing.
Speaker 1: And what do you do that you're actually going to record something?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I record a lot. Actually lately I have taken a bit of a step back just because I needed just to breathe. But I record so much and like, you know, come with me in Melbourne or whatever. Missed my flight, Oh, whoops, miss my flight sort of thing like that. Obviously that's not great, but people like the journey and they like to see themselves in news.
Speaker 1: What do you think that? Did you think that? Do you think that people like to see that someone else sucks up as well? As? In other words, we're sick of seeing people's perfect lives.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty percent. It's like that was the main thing I got when I started doing my content was everyone was doing these perfect videos, make up filters. Everything. I turned on my camera, like I put my phone up against like a stack of books press play, had no make up on, hair hun done. This was in the middle of Lockdown, probably wearing pajamas and just started filming. I was like, I don't care. I had a green screen background and everyone was like, Oh, this is so real, like I can see myself in you, or like I can relate to this. It's so nice and refreshing. And then it was kind of Actually, it was good for a while, and it's still good. However, it starts to put pressure on you to like always be real and like that. And if you start to kind of like move into like oh, why are you putting your makeup on? And why are you getting dressed up for the camera, Like that's not you. You're like, we don't like it, you know what I mean, Like there's always something you get. You kind of pigeonhole yourself in the relatable girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you put a square around yourself. Yeah, and which you can't step outside having having ADHD that that's not that's not that personality. That personality steps out all over the place. You step outside the square all the time. You're never in the square. People think you're in the scare, but you will step out the square all the time. In fact, you don't even know there's a square there.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like a triangle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like that as so like you've had Would you attribute though you've had massive, massive success in TikTok? Would you attribute those you know, those views and the people who follow you and watch what you do. Would you attribute that to the fact that people like to see frailty. I don't know, I don't mean frailty like in an old grammar, but intellectual frailty. That and as opposed to perfectness, because I think I think I am. I'm sick of watching perfection all the time. I'm over it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and some by some dudes are perfect by the way, you know, everything they do is perfect, but like definitely not my world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think people just relate to you because we are sick to death of perfection?
Speaker 2: Yes? I think that is the feedback that I get as well from people who message me. They'll be like, thank you so much for like, like you've inspired me now to like I don't know, start posting or something. I don't have. You know, the perfect house, It's not all set up perfectly, you know how like you see videos online and their houses are so immaculates it kills me. And you're just like, that is their job. They have spent hours putting that together. It's not realistic, but no one sees that, and they make it look effortless and as soon.
Speaker 1: As you fashing start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, it's like they've got a team of people, Like they're at home all day setting up lighting to make it perfect. Like you cannot relate to that. And even I catch myself doing it, Like if I'm setting up my camera and there's like an ugly box in the back, I'm like, oh, there's a box.
Speaker 1: I'm going to move that, Like, well, then how do you reconcole that part? So, because you know, you're a perfection on someone side, yea, And you do you edit your own stuff?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, So you're perfectionous in that you're the talent in the in the in the video and then you do the edit. When you're doing the edit, you see the shitty black box. You're being a perfectionist. You want to better redo this. How do you sort of reconcole all that?
Speaker 2: I know, it's it seems like it's two opposite ends, and I think there will be times when I'm moving the box and like I move the box and at the end, I'm like, oh, I should have just left it there. Oh whatever, Like I kind of I always catch myself trying to give off a certain image or perfect perfect image, and It'll be after it happens and I'd be like, I should have just said that. Why did I do an introduction? As though I'm like on a talk show, I should have spoken like this, Like I do that all the time. I'd be like, I'm going to go and talk about this today and you turn the camera on and it's like you're in an interview and I was like, that's not me, that is not me. Do it again. And I catch myself when I fall into it. So there's the perfectionism of like you're trying to be too perfect. Stop trying to be perfect and just be yourself.
Speaker 1: What about this? Merely? What about if you? It's not for me to solve anyone's things, But like, I mean the fact that you walked in in an imperfect sense. In other words, you didn't put spray down on your leg, and you've got two socks on. Look, but you got together with beautiful Schanel shoes. But that's actually perfect. So imperfection is perfection for me, you know, for most people. I think most of us recognize that there is no such thing as perfect, and if we see it's perfect, we think it's not authentic or it's been dressed, you know what I mean, And it's not real. It's not the real deal. And you know, like if you had, if you made yourself just the talent, maybe your pa dash could be a producer as well, be the personal edits your stuff, and then you had and if you had a neutral edit. Because I don't edit anything here, it all gets into the moment my team, because I know if I was editing it, I would be so fucking critical of what I'm doing. It was nothing to you get edited. These guys, these guys here who edit my staff, they edited to their to their level, to what their perception is, and they're more like the audience. That way, I don't have to get caught up in it, and I done se myself crazy. That's maybe what your PA could do for you.
Speaker 2: I think. So I actually advertised for like a content person with it, and the people that kind of came back like there've been some definitely some good options, which has been great, and it's exactly what you're saying. It's like figuring out that it's imperfectly perfectly imperfect, because like with the socks, this was like literally a matter of time. I was like, you're running, like you just need to go, Like I literally couldn't control that. I had more time, I would have scrounged around to find the right socks. But I think you get to a point where, yeah, then it becomes toxically perfectly imperfect. And that's why you see this weird transition into people trying to make their feeds look effortless and imperfect, but you know that they've put time into making it look imperfect.
Speaker 1: Stuff, and you're like, oh my god, like this is an example of you overthinking. You're already thinking the possibilities going. They've spent their time in making it look perfectly imperfect, and you're like.
Speaker 2: How do those girls do it? They just look effortlessly cool, and I have just embraced.
Speaker 1: The foot that's cool. Though perfectly imperfect is actually cool.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And then then if it's real.
Speaker 2: If it's real, if it's real, and I'm like, I wish that was me so much and I think the main takeaway from all of this is, like, I just need to show up as myself, whatever that is. I'm going through different stages in my life, like one of them is chaotic. Then you know, I get on my medication things a little bit more together, then I'm like, you know, having an amazing peak in my career. And I think all these different millies kind of show up, and I just need to show up to my followers and my audience as that version of Milly whatever it is. And I think it's just about authenticity at the end of the day. And that's for what I'm putting out there, but for myself realizing that literally the reason why people follow me is because I'm not perfect, and I actually this is a weird thought, but I have tried to kind of move into a little bit more of a put together state of my life, and like, you know, a lot of things do need to be put together. But then showing up online as more put together it doesn't work for me. So I as in, like I'll post like a hot photo or something that I think looks good, the girls like post it, You're caught, and it doesn't perform nearly as well. As mad, dress up as an old lady with no makeup and a card, again, speaking in a high voice, like, it is so crazy that no one wants me to be hot. Like they're like, nah, do your comedy, Like do your funny stuff. We like that more, and so it doesn't like it's weird. I'm like, Okay, this is weird. I actually people, everyone is telling me, just be yourself, don't try and be put together, don't try and be this perfect person. Obviously you can enjoy that and celebrate that when that happens, but it's so weird how you like need to.
Speaker 1: Just stick to what you're good at and what your audience.
Speaker 2: Likes and what your audience likes. And there's that strategy in that too, because then you like start to lose yourself and like, you know what, I've had that recently where I'm just like I feel like I've lost my spark a little bit, like where where did she go? And it's definitely due to like overthinking. And then like you know, I moved house, and like you just get stressed, and whenever I'm stressed, I just have no creative drive.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how can I think of an idea.
Speaker 1: Ever again, it sounds like you sound like an artist. You know, someone who's looking to you can inspire it to paint something or to write something. You know, then they need to get a certain set of conditions in order to do that, you know, like you know, it could be going to the south of France because they need a certain light at a particular time of year to be able to paint a certain type of painting. And a lot of famous artists actually have gone through those processes. I remember the late John Olson used to talk about how he spent a lot of time in France, and I can which part of France, So, of course at a certain time of year, because at a certain time of year the sun was at a certain level and it gave a certain quality of light in order to allow him to paint some of the most beautiful paintings he'd ever done. But at any other time he couldn't do it. And when you just talked about being inspired, when I mentioned about the inspiration, and then you talked about the difference between you're merely the hot roto versus merely the creative creating herself to be the old lady with the cardigan on I think audiences if they really like Milli taking the piss, in other words, doing something funny, that they get disappointed when they see Milli hot.
Speaker 2: That's what I found.
Speaker 1: They want to see Milli the funny person. Yes, because that's what you're a funny person. And if I go to a restaurant which serves great, I don't know, there's a meat restaurant, and all of a sudden they start trying to dish seafood up to me. I don't want to know about it. That's in my brain. That's the meat restaurant merely is the funny person. She's a creative So where does your where do your creative ideas come from? Like you do take the piss, So you're a little bit like the uninspired the inspired unemployed bokes, a little bit like a female version, like they come over with some sort of practical jokers, mad capping, funny shit. So where do where do you get your inspiration from? So do you walking down the room you see some old lady sitting there buying a cup of to you? How do you work it?
Speaker 2: Literally? That like it'll be at the most times, Like I genuinely do feel like I put the pressure on myself. But I do feel like the pressure on me to like find moments, little moments in the day that that people forget, like are happening to everybody. So I remember when I first started, it just was overflowing. There was all these ideas I could do this, that, and then and everyone's like, how do you think of these things? Like how do you think of I was like, well, I have a whole list, like I think something, write it down, and then I go through it and it was all just kind of like coming out and then absolutely creative block hits and you're like, I can't think of anything, and so I'll go for a walk. But I find that if you try to go looking for it, you don't find it. So I need to distruct myself and I need to like switch off. And it's usually you know how they say, like like your best ideas in the shower or like before bed, it's like your inhibitions are kind.
Speaker 1: Of down, like you kind of you're relaxed.
Speaker 2: You're relax not overthinking it. And that is exactly the same same as me and I had an idea actually walking over to the studio completely different, completely different to what I do. But I was like, Oh, that's a funny idea. I'm just going to drop that down. Don't even know why it came to me. It was because I was listening to a song that reminded me of a moment that reminded me of a person who's spoken about that, who reminded me of that that that, and there was like a like a zigzag of connections, and that was my inspiration. I wasn't going, do you want to do a post to like to write it to sorry, Yeah, to make a skit about an idea that I had, which I'll do later. But it was so weird how it came about in the most unsuspecting way. I was just like, driving here, I wasn't thinking, I've got to think of three ideas before I get to the studio, Like it's got to be. It's it's in those moments when you force it. They don't work for me. If I ever I feel something's forced, it usually doesn't perform that well. And which is why when I'm working with brands, I like, I'll be honest with them and I'll be like, this is not going to do well. It's way too forced, way too prescriptive, Like.
Speaker 1: They do they do they rescript for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so some of them, some brands are amazing to work with and they just like get it and they're like, you know your audience, like you have not come this far and like not learnt along the way what your audience likes. And then some of them are just like, nah, it needs to be like this, this and this, Like you need to say our brand name in the middle of the screen for like ten seconds. And I'm like, trust me, everyone, Like no one's even going to make it to the end of the video, like there is no point And a lot of bland brands are flexible and a lot of brands want you to do it their way, and like I try not to work with them. If that's the.
Speaker 1: Case, how do you work that out? How do you cull those?
Speaker 2: So I start from the get go. I'm very upfront. I'm like I need creative control over the final asset, depending on the situation obviously, like if it's you know, a bigger project, but if it's just a regular skit or whatever, like tell me the key messaging, what's the brief or like I need to come up with like the creative idea, the concept I can't be shoved something in my face. It just doesn't work. And if they're not happy with that, then it's like obviously the past. But most people are really good at being like okay, you know, we totally get that, like you know your audience. But I'm pretty brutal, like I won't like I don't I won't work with something that someone or a brand that doesn't feel authentic to me, Like I genuinely will just be like it's not inspiring. I don't want to get up and like do this video no matter you know the price on it, Like it actually doesn't work for me. I like, I just don't find I'm not inspired. And also I feel like I've let my audience down. It's cringey. I'm just like, oh, I got to just post this one. It's like no, like I want to post stuff that I'm really proud of and like that I know people will enjoy.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you need to get a bit nervous about it first? I mean, how important is it? It feel like it's a bit edgy or it's a little bit a little bit on the edge, and like, do you in order for it to work for your audience or is it going to be sanitized.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty like family friendly with my content, just because I have so many generations watching me, like everywhere, from like little kids in school and then to like grandma's and like moms who were like like, oh, duh, you're my favorite, Like I love you keep doing it like that vibe yeah, And I'm like, Okay, these whole families are watching me, like I know tep Like I don't know them, but they've messaged me being like we used to or we still do. We watch your videos before class, like during lockdown they'd put on one of my tiktoks and be like all right, like and I'm like, you're showing it to kids, Like I kin'd of want to be safe for them to watch and not on the teachers to be like, oh, that's such a shame that we can't play your videos anymore. And also another interesting fact is not fact, but the thing I've learned a learning. I am so happy that I did decide to be kind of a brand safe because the opportunities have been like, there have been so many opportunities that have come from it, as opposed to if I'd been incredibly out there and like that's not even me anyway. Like I do like to have some sort of like nice I don't know, not nice, but like I like it to be digestible basically, like I'm not like a hard hitting, like you know, someone vative person. No, Like I'm not like that anyway. So I am really glad that I that I stayed to that, stick to that, because it's just it works me in that way. It's very true to who I am. I'm not going to try and be someone I'm not. But I know for other people being abrasive and being like a little bit like naughty or whatever, it works for them like that and that's fine, and they do it best. I'm not going to try That's.
Speaker 1: That's because I mean I've had sitting right in that chairs the Spaniard And if you know who the Spenion is, I wouldn't be surprised you've never heard of him. But he's a very popular guy. But he's the opposite to you. Yeah, and he says things that always controversial, but that's his audience and that's him by the way. He loves that and it works for him. But if you're it's very interesting that you talk about you know, like how your mind is chaotok and your life's chaotic. But at the same time, it seems to be pretty clear that you're you're running this like a business because you actually do know your audience. The two things you know is yourself what your talent.
Speaker 2: Is, very self aware and nothing else.
Speaker 1: But totally that's a big deal, but also your audience. You know what your audience does and doesn't like, or you definitely know what your audience likes. Maybe don't know what they don't like, but you definitely know what they like. And you I don't want to say a bad word feed. I hate the word feed, but you you provided to them, you deliver it and distributed to them.
Speaker 2: I joke about that. I'm like, Mum's feeding you guys today, Like I've got content. Yeah, I'd like Mum's just left some dinner on the table and the like post a video.
Speaker 1: But do you actually dress up for these things now?
Speaker 2: Like so, okay, this is a good get in the character, this is a great so.
Speaker 1: I they hate that word though, Segway spell, so it's.
Speaker 2: A different segue to like a Segway ride on Segy It's different. I learned that way too late in life.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what you're talking about there, but I know the ones you're talking about, like the little right on on the holiday. I don't to use them anymore. I don' think I think you're illegal. But sorry, my parents, we can't do this.
Speaker 2: Back to it, okay. So basically what we're saying, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. Now we were saying, as you said, this is a good segway.
Speaker 2: This is a good segue.
Speaker 1: But getting in a characters got me fucked up? Family friendly.
Speaker 2: That's the merely effect, honestly. I basically, so, yeah, I gette the character I started. Okay, so I started. This is an interesting thing. I started my videos not even thinking twice. Well, I thought maybe once. I didn't think twice. I thought, okay, teachers were cardigans. I'll just live. Oh, this is the end of carding, and I have chuck it on. I get one hundred million comments about the card again. I was like, okay, people love the CARDI and I keep that and I'm like, okay, it's a cold day and I happen to be wearing a turtleneck, so I'm going to just chuck on the cardigan over the turtleneck. People say, oh my gosh, like your turtleneck, it's the perfect. Suddenly I have an outfit and that's my teacher outfit, and I was like, I didn't actually make that. However, now I've got a costume and I cannot wear that turtleneck ever again in public. So that and the mum I think it must have been a cold day and I had the puffer on. Everyone's like, oh my god, the puffer is mum. And I was like, Oh, this is so weird because I didn't think about it. But I also was like, wait, my mum. Also, yeah, my mum was a puff up what character created, so they kind of naturally created. But then also so it was it was good because it was distinguishable. Everyone was like, oh, mum, characters on teach, characters on whatever. And then it got to a point where I was like, oh, I don't want to put on the outfit or I wish I could film that right now, but I don't have the outfit with me, or that I come to change. And I was like, oh, I feel like I'm letting people down if I don't do the outfit, and so I slowly like I kind of it's a bit more malleable now, like sometimes I'll like wear the path or sometimes I won't.
Speaker 1: But basically, do you give them a name? By the way, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Missus Brown is the English teacher I had like a project and we needed to name her. I was like, Missus Brown.
Speaker 1: And then the.
Speaker 2: Mom's name I believe is Julie because someone said it in a video and I was like, I need to stick to that now. So they some of them names the art teachers called Bronwin like that. I let the teacher the audience named her. So I was like, can you tell me? So I got the audience, like my followers to like name her, and whatever had the most likes. I just picked that one, so that one worked. But like, so they these characters are like it's so weird because they've developed into these much more like definitive characters now. Every time there's like you know that n I hadd glasses. Then I added like an upside down watch because they always do that. I was like, why all those literally why, I'm the like stuffing teaches down, sorry, stuffing tissues down their sleeves, and so I was doing that and I was like, this character like developed over time, and so now I really do feel like I step away and then I step into character. It helps me. It's like if you're play a TV show, character you're costuming helps you get into it. So that was really good. But then now I'm at a point where I'm like, I have done these characters so much right, like I started three years ago doing it, and it's yes, it's become part of me, but it's I have so much more to offer the world, Like I've got so many other interests, and it's trying to find that balance between like still giving people entertaining content, still being myself, still being authentic, still being funny, not being perfect, still being interesting, relevant, but also being myself and being vulnerable. But we want to see more of you, Millie. Oh, but we want see more skits, show us behind the scenes. Now we don't want to see behind the scenes. We just want to see the videos or like, there's just so many different things that people want to see.
Speaker 1: That's good, which is good, gives you plenty of choices.
Speaker 2: Does but then there's like that kind of double edged sword with choice because then you're kind of like which direction for.
Speaker 1: You it would be for me? Yeah, because there's too many choices, choices, and too many possibilities or sub choices within the choices exactly.
Speaker 2: So I've been through this like mental dilemma actually recently, it's probably a good time to talk about it, but it's been very much like these characters who I just adore so much. I also don't want to fatigue them, like I don't want to run them into the ground that I can't ever pull them out again. And so because I'd love to turn them into a show one day, like it would be so awesome to have a show about like mums or something, how fun, and like I would hate to be like, oh, I can't ever put on a puffa jacket anywhere and ever again because it reminds me of like it's just been overdone. So then you kind of start to step away. And this is where I have this mini like identity crisis of like, Okay, I've got this platform, I'm not doing skits as much. What's going on with me? Like what am I doing? Like who am I? And I've taken some time to like think about it, I'm like, okay, what am I interested in? And the natural segue was like acting and I wanted to be an actor ever since I was a little girl, but I didn't pursue it after school because I didn't have the confidence and that kind of grew with the platform, like the confidence of.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, I can do this, Like certainly Dragon audience, I.
Speaker 2: Literally was like I was literally like I can do this. And then the home and Away opportunity came up, which was so exciting. Actually I did a tiny little cameo on Bump on Stan and then the home and a Waste opportunity came up, and I was like, oh my god, I'm screaming.
Speaker 1: How did they come about? Did they ring you? So? No?
Speaker 2: So they actually I think what happened was because it's very like there's a lot of moving parts with the show. There was like they needed a last minute character or something, and so they put a call out for my character, who was actually an influencer, and they asked me to come in an audition. I auditioned and everything, and then I got it and I went in and I did a whole day of shooting and that was like so much fun, and it just like showed me a little the behind the scenes on set, but it was it was literally it came so This was last year in August, while I was kind of having like the identity crisis, I was like and then I was like, okay, great, And since then, it's not like I've been like overwhelmed with acting work, Like it just doesn't work like that. And so I'm kind of like, Okay, I've done that thing, Like all right, tick, Like we've got one thing on the portfolio and now we've got to be like kind of working on something else. So like you kind of are always coming back to like who am. I like making sure that I have like a strong foundation who I am because I don't want to get.
Speaker 1: Lost in as a performer or as Millie Forward, as Millie Ford. So how do you separate these things? So, yeah, you've got Millie Ford, who's you know, Bronz woman, Millie Ford who's blah blah blah, the other characters, Millie Forward, who's Millie Forward, who's the singer Millie Ford, et cetera, et cetera. TikTok, the whole thing. What about Millie Forward, the private person? Yeah, it's so's time.
Speaker 2: For her, I know, and I like I can be very different in her, like not different, but I think I am myself online, but like, obviously there's so much I.
Speaker 1: Don't parts of your personality. That's the Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think, I it's so weird because I do think about this and like I make sure that I like make space for me to feel really sad if I need one day or like anxious, Like I make space for it. And like it's taken me a long time to get here, but I've kind of reserved time for when I am on I guess for online, and I think that there's this struggle that I've faced with, like, oh, you kind of want to show the vulnerability too, but I like to be able to think through things on my own and not having the voices of the people telling me to do this, that and the other. Like I want to just work throughout myself. So I will go to my close friends and that's how I get through that stuff. And they keep me grounded, they keep me as who I am. I love spending time with my family, Like that's my personality just comes alive. It almost just reminds me who I am.
Speaker 1: Are you different?
Speaker 2: Then I'm not different, It's just that I can relax a little bit more, Like, oh, the camera's gone, Like I can just literally relax and.
Speaker 1: Slump on the catch, so a bit of you know, the cameras are going here. And when you before you came in, I heard you yell at from outside of the studio. I'm so nervous. But when you get load that, have you felt during this past hour that you've been You start off performing and you've less performed. Maybe do you feel as though you got into that got out of character?
Speaker 2: And I feel like at the start, I was definitely more on because I was like, I want to look peppy and I don't want to bring a bad vibe to it. And then now that I've relaxed into the conversation, I'm happy to like kind of like slouch a little bit more and like flick my hand.
Speaker 1: You've changed on through the conversation. And so because what I'm trying to work out is who's who's the real Millie?
Speaker 2: Like I don't know like me no, So I think what I like to do this is this is my toxic trait. I like to I'm so so scared of being perceived as boring or like a bad vibe. This is the people pleas for me that I'm like I just want to make sure everyone knows I'm not a bad like I promise I'm fun like I'm so fun, so like I'll show up and be like I'm fun like, I'm good energy, I'm good because I've probably had one too many people being like are you okay, like you're really off today, and I'm like, no, I'm fine. But it's like then you set up yourself to be always like on. But yeah, I think like just nerves of being like, well, I don't know what I'm going to talk about on here, and I think like I do like to keep some things private, like that stuff. Obviously I can be like I don't want to talk about it, but you know, like I just it's people think that they know a version of me, but there's just so much more to me because I cannot express it all online, like the way the places my imagination goes and where my mind wanderes during the day, and the intricacies of my like friendships and relationships and everything. There's so much that no one could ever know who I am unless they know me in real life.
Speaker 1: Let's all. It's just one second because I'm getting wound up over here. But you know how old are you now? Eight years? So? You know you're extraordinary popular, You're a lovely looking young lady. You know you're doing well in your life. You've got you know, from all accounts, you're a nice person. But how do you go, like when you're so well known, how do you go into the dating world? Like? How that fucked you? Can you? Can you sort of expect? Well, how do you manage having a relationship.
Speaker 2: I haven't had a relationship since I started put it that.
Speaker 1: Way, since what years ago? Three years ago? Since COVID yeap, so I.
Speaker 2: My ex and I entered things around May last year, so I came up to like three years and this was just as everything was Sorry did I say last year three years ago? Twenty twenty one? It would have been yeaph And this was just as things were taking off for me. We all went into lockdown, was gone through the breakup in Lockdown, but I was distracted by all of the content, so that was really exciting, and like no one was leaving good distraction, good distraction. No one was leaving the house. And then like when I left Lockdown, I was like, oh my god, like this is crazy, Like I was getting recognized.
Speaker 1: Everywhere I went everybody thinks I know you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone thing said they know, like, oh my gosh, I like my friend Millie, and I'm like, oh my god, love you. And I felt like I had to go on go out and be like all good and interestingly. So since then haven't had a relationship. I've definitely dated a few people, but like nothing serious, Like it's so crazy, how much harder. Everyone's like, oh my gosh, I'm sure you have like so many people, like because you've got I'm like, no, it's the opposite. Like I find that it's like there's less options, not only less options, there's less interest because everyone's thinking that. Like everyone's like, oh, you've got access to like hundreds of thousands of people, surely, I'm like, I genuinely don't not to mention my audiences mostly women or gay men, so like that's not it's really hard. And like I was on dating apps for a while and I'm not on them anymore. So they work for you, so they were fine, Like I think I always wondered, like, going in, you know, does this person know who I am? Like you don't really know straight up, And everyone, of course is like no, has no idea like you don't know if that's the truth or if they've seen maybe a video like I'm just kind of like okay, like start from scratch, so you kind of just go and assuming that, like you're two regular people that don't know anything about each other. But I think that always sticks in my head is like what is this person's intentions? Like are they trying to get a little bit of clout like or are they do they like Millie? Like do they like me? And I always find it really interesting because then you know the classic two to three month like when you're kind of starting to realize if it's going to happen or not. I actually like always look back and realize like, oh, I don't know if this person actually really got to know me like Millie Ford, Like does this person like MILLI like the person like the idea of being with Milli or do that actually like me? And I always come to this weird crossroads of like I don't feel like they actually.
Speaker 1: Tried to get to know me, Like as do you get to do you let them get to know you?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm like ask me anything like open book, but apart from asking like just being you like just yeah, oh, yeah, I'm so much dang.
Speaker 1: Around, you know, you know, like, yeah, because because I know people who have ADHD, and they can be a bit overwhelming, the speed at which they speak, talk, the spirit of which they think. I actually generally find people who who have ADHD a lot of them have quite a high form of intelligence. They're very smart. They their latch on things all the time. They might have a bit of an issue about staying on staying on theme, but nonetheless they have this massive ability to flip from idea to idea at a speed which most people don't have, and most people can't keep up with it. Yeah, okay, they and they can get upset and can frustrated with you. Did you find that you had a bit of overwhelming, that overwhelming effect on people.
Speaker 2: I found the opposite. I found that guys would be like, it's you're so easy to date because you just don't shut up, Like I don't have to bring anything. They literally said that to me, and I'm just saying, yeah, literally, they're like, it's great, like you just like talk. But in saying that, I actually do think that's accurate. Like I'm a very curious person and obviously I want to know who I'm dating, so I'll ask questions. I'm like, who is this? Like who about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I asked the questions everywhere you should you should? Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very good at talking about things and like like adding bits to the conversation. I find guys just generally, not even just me, like I know my friends will being like this, aren't as good at asking questions, like they don't they. I think guys like to get to know you through doing so like activities and like finding things out like yeah, I didn't realize you were coordinated, Like wait, you can swing it like a golf club. It's like, yeah, I played softball all my life And they're like, oh, you play softball, And then that starts the conversation. Rather than being like like, oh, you know, what do you do? How do you what sports do you like? Or like how do you work like to work out, girls will ask more directly to the point, and so it takes a little bit longer to kind of get to know the guy I found. But also I think I have felt like, as you say, I'm a bit chaotic and like you know, my mind is everywhere. I'm like, I'm unashamedly weird and like me as a person, like I am in every sense of the word. I think people will be like, oh my god, I'm so weird. But it's like, like genuinely like the things that I I don't know, like the humor and what I'm interested in talking about. I'm curious. I like to kind of nitpick it at things and delve deeper. I've found a lot of the guys I've dated have been more so not surface level, just like they have been as interested in doing that, and so I think that that didn't click as well, Like I would love to find someone that I can just chat to about that sort of stuff and like have good conversations with, and like, doesn't I can just be myself with I say to my family all the time, I was like, I just need to find a guy that I could be so weird with, Like I just want to be weird and stupid and silly, and like that is what I'm looking for. And I think that's people always think like, yeah, I'm weird, I could be weird. They might take a bit of time to open up. That's fine, but it hasn't always like clicked.
Speaker 1: I haven't like clicked with them, So have you given up on it for a while, I mean, is the thing to work on.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I've honestly just I've Yeah, I've just I'm in a place where I am like I've deleted the apps, like I'm just not on it. I'm not looking for it. I've I do kind of think, well, if I'm going to be on my own for the rest of my life, like I'm better make it a good one, no doubt it. Like, well, we'll see. I don't know, Like all my friends are basically dating. I think I'm the last one. But I'm also just like not looking for it, so like I'm not necessarily hunting. That's right around. And I think if I was more intentional about it, then like I would make situations happen for myself, but I am actually not whenever, And this is the obsessive thing as well, Like when I have a crush on a guy, like I crush so hard, like I get distracted, and I'm like, it's actually better for everyone and me if I don't have a crush or if I'm not talking to a guy, because then I can focus on.
Speaker 1: My work and just focus on That makes sense to me after having spoken to you. Yeah, because I can't imagine if you you're you're either in or all in or not in at all, in which ca if you're all in, especially somewhere, that it will distract you from your main game. Literally now is your career? Is Millie for the actress, Millie for the singer MILLI four? By the way, you're going to do a podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you got one coming up? So I do? Have you actually named it? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I have named it?
Speaker 1: Can we talk about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about it. I've only talked about it to my family friends.
Speaker 1: You can be first, please please please please?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I again with the PA stuff. I was like, guy's been doing a podcasting podcast. I was like, where is this podcast?
Speaker 1: Millie?
Speaker 2: I'm like sorry, So I decided. So basically, the reason it took me so long was because I was trying to find the right co host for it, and then I decided that I'm actually just going to do it on my own. Yeah, and it means, like I think, a few people when I told them, was like, oh, you're just you talking for forty five minutes, I'm like, what, Like, well, like that's hard, Like I do that any every day anyway, I may as well record it. But no, beyond that, I think my main thing is like my vailable abilities have been so different to people's, and I don't want any excuses like, oh, we can't do this time, can't find the time. Like I want to be able to record like instantly, like now, like I want to go and record, and I think I have so many ideas that I can come, come, bring to the table. But basically it's going.
Speaker 1: To be called miss the Memo, miss the Memo.
Speaker 2: Missed the Memo. The reason that it's called miss the Memo is because which sounds like a random name. But first of all, I live my life in a way that feels like I miss the memo along the way that everybody else got yeah, I missed the memo, Like how is everyone functioning like I'm not, I don't get it. I think that's very relatable for a lot of people too, like we've all kind of just like well, just like getting through it. Also, the way the style of the podcast is so I'm a classic for sending really long voice memos to my friends, to the point where one of my friends has like a two minute capacity on my voice memo. She's like, you can't do more than two minutes, so I'll like do like one fifty five and then I'll send like another one for a minute and she's like, I know what you're doing, and I was like no, like I just had more to say. So they'll be like, oh my god, you sent me like a whole podcast episode, Millie, and then that's kind of where it came from. I was like, oh my gosh, wait, this actually does sound like a voice memo from me, so it's very much that. And then also having my listeners send in like anything, questions, whatever through voice memo just makes sense. So I think it's just about the fact that I'm just chaos as it is. I'm always chaos, Yeah, chaos. I was thinking about something to do with that. There's another podcast that has that in the nailough, But it's just going to be so I will definitely have guests on as well, but I do want it to be a place where it's me just like talking about my life, like honestly and what's going on. I've got so many different things going on, but also like I'm not it's a place to connect with my listeners as well, like I'm not able to really do that on TikTok as much because it's more the characters and the skits, and then Instagram's also a bit different, so it's like, Okay, this is a place that if you want to like come and get updated, come and listen. And I'm actually going to be recording at home, so I'm in the middle of setting up.
Speaker 1: A little studio, my studio area.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to edit it, well, this is this is what I wanted the PA to do. Because I was trying to edit. I did a draft and that was where I was like, why do I sound so like interviewe Like this is so gross? I was like, that is not what I wanted to sound like. I want it to sound like you're going on a walk with your friend and you're listening to their voice member that.
Speaker 1: You usual what a podcast about.
Speaker 2: Literally, it shouldn't be like and it's not going to be all like like one day hopefully it's more produced, but it's not going to be all like what I do best right is like lo fi, like very kind of easy listening. Like, it's not going to be at first the most expensive lavish like set up polish. Yeah, it's just going to be me talking and chatting through. I've got a few segment ideas and yeah, like I'm excited when you're.
Speaker 1: Looking at doing this, when are you looking at putting it out?
Speaker 2: So I would say within the next two weeks probably, I'm a very last minute producer.
Speaker 1: What the help I know?
Speaker 2: And I know that sounds so crazy, which it is, But basically I've got the area, Like what I do this all the time. I like, I'm so low, just do it. I literally just buy the mics on Amazon, by the lights on Amazon, the video. The camera. That's the one thing I need to work out because I've got a camera already, but I just don't know the battery space.
Speaker 1: That's the boys, because we know that stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm very like, Okay, I've got I've got energy. Let's do it right now. And like it all comes together like in like a day. It's crazy, Like that's just how I work. I can just I just do it instantly.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm actually happy to lend you the boys. Okay, the first one amazing, just come they'll come over. We'll give it to the footage out of a poet for us, so we will throw up somewhere and I'll put on my Instagram or something, and but will only the boys too. But you can certainly get any consultation from because they've helped we've helped up other people before podcasts, but on cameras, lighting all that sort of stuff. Let them come and check out it out. Just say you feel comfortable and if you need them to help you, just talk to them about it. But I'm serious because because I actually think this is something I'd like to support in a qualitative way. Just help me out a little bit. And I'm not and that way I can get out of because he keeps winding me up over here, keeps you stop, stop stop, and Millie's going to go forever. But I want to say MILLI no, I want to say, honestly, thanks very much for coming on the show. Just straight to it. And I got one I got I got like one very small sentence for you just to close. Never ever worry you have a gift. Just remember it. You've got a gift and go with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, and maybe you can come on my podcast if.
Speaker 1: You gonna come out, come on really forward. Thanks for Mark.
Speaker 2: Oh, this has been awesome