Speaker 1: In the book.
Speaker 2: That's not going anywhere, that's anyway.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to dilemma Thursdays, because I feel like we just do a lot of dilemmas.
Speaker 2: I like dilemma the same.
Speaker 4: It's very good.
Speaker 2: It's always really nice to.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you have any dilemmas in your life at the moment?
Speaker 2: I just have.
Speaker 5: I actually, yeah, well I think I'll mention for the sake of like everyone knowing that not everyone's life is perfect. My dilemma is I honestly just feel like I've been like so flat these last two weeks. I had depression when I was younger, and I almost feel like I'm feeling it creeping back in my life, which is quite scary. I don't know, it's like nothing excites me anymore, you know, I'm just really I don't want to go anywhere, like everything, nothing is more exciting than just sitting at home by myself doing absolutely nothing. And I'm really struggling to do things, like I'm canceling my PT all the time. I can't get out of bed before twelve, Like something is just up in my brain right now, and because I can't pinpoint what's causing it, I'm really struggling to get a manager like a hold on it. But I'm going to go coast tomorrow with a le reset, which I think I'm almost like holding on and hoping it will be a little reset for me and then when I get back, I can just get back into things. You know, I know not a lot of people are lucky enough to have that chance to be able to go away and hope it causes a reset, but just know that, you know, it's I think this kind of year is a bit of a slump, and there's a lot of people are feeling this way.
Speaker 3: So I think Easy and I both feeling that, Like you guys know it. Two weeks ago, I wasn't on the podcast. I'm just like not enjoying life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 2: I think it's a slump of this time of year.
Speaker 5: I think there's probably so many of you listening to this that feel the exact same.
Speaker 3: And you want to be excited because there's so many good things going on, there, so many events and stuff like that going onto the year.
Speaker 4: But it's like I I like.
Speaker 3: Not twelve pm like you, but like I would like be out of bed, out of workout class at eight am and I'm like, I'm not fucking going like I loved going for a walk in the morning. I haven't gone for a walk around like my normal area for like weeks, just because I'm like, that just seems like it's how.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a weird slump.
Speaker 5: I think with this summer, you and the weather gets warmer, but you feel like your spirits aren't lifting as well. It's almost like it's a weird sort of feeling.
Speaker 3: So yeah, And I'm like I had a I feel really lonely, like I feel so long.
Speaker 2: It's hard to be single at this time of year.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, but even like that, like even friend wise, like I'm not speaking about you, but like I don't feel like my friends are reaching out. I don't feel like I'm like anyone's option to want to hang out with me. And I'm like, I feel like I'm the one who's asking other people. And it's like, when am I ever going to be considered?
Speaker 4: It is sad.
Speaker 3: It is sad, but that are our dilemmas.
Speaker 5: We do tell you this stuff just so you know that you're not all universal experience really, so.
Speaker 4: No matter how good your life looks.
Speaker 5: Online, like and I think time look I actually am going to see a psychologist. I think there's no harm in doing it, So if anyone is considering it, I think it's always a good option because I'm like, what can I lose from going there? I do think the last couple of weeks, I've realized I do have some relationship issues that I haven't overcome from my past relationships, which is affecting me and moving forward and like being able to even care about connecting to someone else, like I've been on a couple of dates recently and like I'll just be kind of there going I honestly like don't really give a fuck about being here, being at home, Like I I'm really struggling to connect with people because I think I put a lot of pressure on it because I don't want it to be like how it used to be with my last boyfriend. So yes, I'm going to go talk to someone. I'll let you know how that's going. But I just think what's the harm? So if you have that option available, maybe it's worth looking into, you know.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I'm going and seeing a kinesiologist. Same, Yeah, well see how much I think will be really good because I've got a lot of trauma but like I am a very good like pulling things to the back of my mind that I actually don't know why I'm depressed, and I don't know why I'm sad, and I don't know why I don't open up to people. And then I think it'll be really good for you.
Speaker 5: Sure a big talker about your feelings, so I think it will be probably work wonders.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll let you know.
Speaker 2: That's a cool journey before mine.
Speaker 4: So yeah, on the twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, we're going to share your dilemmas as well, because the problem shared is a problem halved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not everything's about us also that.
Speaker 3: Too, anyway, Dilemma number one. Okay, so I'm probably every girl's worst nightmare. I'm the girl best friend, but I never thought I was a problem in our friendship.
Speaker 2: Let's just see the story.
Speaker 4: Let's not make a jogment first.
Speaker 3: So this boy I met in year twelve, let's call him Bruce.
Speaker 4: Bruce, we were very close.
Speaker 3: Maybe at one time we both had feelings for each other, but nothing went anywhere because we both knew that we're.
Speaker 4: Better as friends.
Speaker 3: Flash forward four years. He's in a relationship with this girl. She does not like me because we were so close. I don't think it's fair that she doesn't like you off the bat, when she's got nothing to not like you all.
Speaker 4: But it could be an intuition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it can be. Okay if you met prior to dating, like that's their friend. You can't cut them out just because you're feeling self conscious around them, you know, agreed.
Speaker 3: Although we stopped talking for six months because of her, I never knew why she didn't like me. I thought she was being unreasonable and petty. Turns out he had been saying to her, let's say, my name is Taylor.
Speaker 4: Stop always trying so hard. You'll never be as good as Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so fucked up.
Speaker 4: That's that's Bruce's though through and through.
Speaker 2: But that you never fucking say that.
Speaker 3: And he always said, I will always pick Taylor over you.
Speaker 4: Oh I dump him.
Speaker 2: I just dump him.
Speaker 5: There's no point having a guy in your life that puts another female that's not like a direct family member over you like that, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: We would always play fight in front of her, be very touchy, especially when he was.
Speaker 5: But you shouldn't be You should have said that boundary as well. He should not be doing that, and best believe this is him in the pain wrong. But if you do feel like someone's uncomfortable, I'd pull back the interactions that are touchy and like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to make her feel better.
Speaker 4: Now they break up.
Speaker 3: A few months later, Bruce and I go on a trip down South for New Year's Eve with other people. Again, very touchy with me, always been like this, nothing happens.
Speaker 2: He obviously likes you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 3: I don't know one friend guy friend that's really touchy with me.
Speaker 2: I have friends that are touch with me, but do they like you? Though secretly they did it something.
Speaker 3: Exactly Like every guy friend that I think is really touchy with me has had.
Speaker 4: A thing for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: But it's like, oh, they know they're not going to get it. I would you going to accept that yet?
Speaker 5: I'm not like, I'm a touchy person, but I was gonna say, I'm not even touchy with girlfriends. But you're kind of a yeah, but yeah, I don't think it's appropriate.
Speaker 2: I think he likes you.
Speaker 3: Flush forward a few months into the year, we go out for dinner with a couple of friends again, very touchy with me again. We sat down at this bar and his lady comes up to us and says, are you dating. We both look at each other and goes, no, no, no, She goes, stop trying to pretend you both don't like each other.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We both go back to mind and he says to me, were you upset with me that I said we were just friends? I said, well, no, if something was going to happen between us, you need to be one hundred percent sure of it. Don't just sleep with me for the sake of sleeping with me. He acknowledges what I say and goes home. A few months later, he comes over to mine. We played board games all night, chat and drink, and sure enough, we end up sleeping together, which, by the way, he initiated in the morning when we're.
Speaker 4: Both sober after we had sex. He then proceeds to.
Speaker 3: Tell me he doesn't want a relationship three options fucking and he worries that Taylor.
Speaker 4: Has three options.
Speaker 3: One pretend that it ever happened, Two acknowledges that happened and move on, or three become fucked bodies.
Speaker 2: This guy is the fucking problem.
Speaker 4: He's a walking red flag.
Speaker 5: I said, unless you're serious about it, we're not going there. He did it anyways, and now he's given you three red flag fucking options.
Speaker 2: Nothing's gonna be No. Fuck this guy, what's his name? Bruce? Bruce.
Speaker 3: I looked at him in absolute shock. I did not know what to even say. We ended up talking about it one night, drunk at a party and he proceeds to say, I wanted to explore things with you this year. I just don't know what came over me when that happened. I just love you.
Speaker 4: My reaction was what the fuck? My reactions what the fuck?
Speaker 1: To no?
Speaker 3: Turns out a few weeks later, which I found out from his mum because she was on speakerphone, that he had a girl coming over from Sydney to see him. I looked at him and said, are you fucking serious and go home?
Speaker 5: Maybe if you have a wait like this for the last fucking thirty seconds. I hate this fucking guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's taking a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Later, I ended up testing positive for clubs.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, Why was comdia and not been able to leave our fucking submissions?
Speaker 2: Recently? Everyone has familiar.
Speaker 3: Us, and so does and so does he. He has to lie to this girl why he can't sleep with her.
Speaker 4: I was beyond mad.
Speaker 3: He put me in a situation saying why can't you move past this?
Speaker 4: And my reaction was cut, are you fucking serious?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I'm really well over that. That boy's fucking fucked up.
Speaker 1: NU.
Speaker 3: What makes it worse is that Will meant to go to Wigh together and I canceled on that. Now a few months later to today, him and his girlfriend have broken up. Only been together for a month.
Speaker 2: Oh so that chick that he flew in from Sydney they ended up dating from him? Yeah, okay, glad.
Speaker 4: It was worth it, Bruce.
Speaker 3: Now, I have no idea what to do. I haven't spoken to him for a month. When I saw him at the pub, he last goes, you haven't responded to me. My girlfriend and I broke up, and I said, oh, no, hope you're okay?
Speaker 4: Girls? What do I do?
Speaker 3: We've been friends for so long and I can't believe he treated me like that. You can sleep with any girl? Why?
Speaker 2: I mean, you absolutely need to just keep to get this guy out here.
Speaker 4: You need to walk away.
Speaker 3: If he's right for you, he'll come back with you and he'll fucking work his ass off, but like he just knows that he can take for a ride, and like when he's born, he'll just go back to you and you'll give him the at Like.
Speaker 5: I don't actually hang out around a lot of guys that, like I feel like they literally just want sex, do you know what I mean? Like even my friends watching them dating, Like, it's not often that like I will see that. I just think he knows he can manipulate you, and he is just gonna do the exact same thing again.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you need to see the red flags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just need to hold yourself to a high ground and say I deserve to be respected, Hi, even though because we are friends, more like you should be considering my feelings.
Speaker 2: We were friends for so long.
Speaker 5: Why would you like that that It's like exactly, you were friends for so long and he still did that to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anyway, fuck bros, Fuck Bruce, Hey girls, Hey the but.
Speaker 2: That was like a real fucking laugh.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, it was good.
Speaker 2: It was not all right. I hope, I really hope you guys can help me because I need it. Girl, We'll try.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I put my doctor hat on currently.
Speaker 5: Been an emotional wreck the last couple weeks over my relationship with my boyfriend. We've been dating for almost two years and I truly love him, but I really struggle with his introverted side. Recently, I've been going out a lot and meeting new friends, and I feel this has made me feel a type of way towards my boyfriend's shy personality.
Speaker 4: He's super play about me.
Speaker 5: True, he's super quiet around my family and friends, and that's just his kind of personality. But with me, he's the most energetic, fun person who I love.
Speaker 4: Dude. This is about.
Speaker 5: Anyways, I've been comparing him recently to my guy friends and secretly wishing he could be more socialable or even just louder around my family and friends, as some find it hard to have a conversation with him. I'm really struggling with this and even thinking about trying to go on a break to try and understand why I care so much about this.
Speaker 2: I need your girl's advice. I feel devastated. Okay, yeah, you take it away.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take it away this one because probably spilling away too much details about my past relationship. My ex was a really big introvert and I was a massive extrovert, and I always like, I didn't think it was a problem, but it always played in my mind because I was kind of like, why is he not or more outgoing? And I always like used to almost like preface to people that he was such an introvert because he was that. I was like, Oh, he's not rude, he's just like shy and everything like that. And I always like had like a thing in the back of my mind being like, maybe I'd be better off with an extrovert from experiences with my brother, he's an extrovert and dated a really big extrovert, and you end up clashing heads. By the sounds you're a really big social butterfly. You like going out. He probably levels you out in a way that you don't realize that you need it, because he always will let you have the spotlight. He's happy just watching, he's happy just being a part of the situation without being a spotlight of the situation, which I think would actually compliment you really well. I think you're you've got a negative how on towards how he is. I think he should really turn it into a positive because you're kind of thinking right now, is the grass greener?
Speaker 4: And I can vouch for.
Speaker 3: It's not because I then saw an extrovert for a little bit this year and I didn't like it, Like it really helps it, like it doesn't matter who he is, and.
Speaker 5: Like competing the spotlight when an extrovert or extra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes it's actually, yeah, we really challenging.
Speaker 3: And it's actually probably a really good, like grounding thing that he is an introvert and that he is like himself around you and he doesn't give that to everybody else, and he's giving you all of that attention and you get to see the real him behind closed doors and he's not really wanting to show that to everybody else. And I think that's actually a really beautiful thing instead of turning it into a negative thing, because I did think it was a negative thing for a really long time. And now upon reflection of like when our relationship ended and there's been so much time, I can now appreciate that that was a really good thing of our relationship.
Speaker 5: Also, though I would worry whether, like you're probably thinking, do I mention it to him about like how he's shy around my family and friends, I'm honestly gonna say no. I think people open up with time and when they're comfortable. Yeah, And like I can sometimes be anxious in certain social settings, and like even at work or something, and someone tells me you need to put yourself out, that you need to have more conversations, you need to talk more, I get so scared and it ends up making me pull in more. So I'm saying, I honestly just think you need to appreciate the things that are great about him and give him the time to feel comfortable and open up.
Speaker 3: He just might not want to open up to a lot of people, and that's okay. Like it's not a negative thing about him. It's just a differencing thing between you and him, and that's okay as long as you understand that. But doesn't mean you're right and he's wrong.
Speaker 5: And you don't want to make him feel like that part of his personality is a negative thing. Like if someone told me you're way too extroverted, Like I don't like the way that you have conversations with everyone. It's like you're gonna get really self conscious. You're gonna be thinking about how you're acting. So I think going on a break for that sake, if you were to say to him, I think you're too introverted. I don't think you would be able to kind of recover from something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's too he is as a person, And I think you like, obviously you're thinking negatively about it right now, but I think you need to turn it into a positive because it's going to be a really beautiful thing about your relationship that you're the one who brings out a bubbly side of him, but he doesn't get to see that.
Speaker 5: And the longer you're together, the more comfortable he'll be around people that love you.
Speaker 2: And your family and your friends, and hopefully.
Speaker 3: Because you always want what you can't have, and the girls ain't greener sometimes really ain't really ain't good Bye. I hope you're all right, babe.
Speaker 2: Well, we love you all. That was just for a girls girls guide.
Speaker 3: Make sure you guys buy tickets to spend time with us at the Christmas party and drink some food at Arboria Float on the eleventh of December six to nine pm, six to ten pm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we love you
Speaker 3: So much, Love you Bye.