Speaker 1: It's unknown whether our next guest has more hit music, singles or tattoos, but it is known that he has had a lot of boats.
Speaker 2: I'm the same. We're so please.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Teddy, he swims.
Speaker 2: You know it's my house. So good.
Speaker 3: I'm paying for the next few.
Speaker 4: Ll I'm doing really good, man, I'm really happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Excited. I'm really excited.
Speaker 3: Cool, we are. We're sorry, happy to have you back in Melbourne. Last time we saw you, you played Not of His Red Room and absolutely killed it in that beautiful theater last year. Since then, Mat congrats your dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, he's he's actually out here with us too. So it's it's such a wonderful thing they have him. It's about to be four months than tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess maybe like the day after, because we're kind of a day ahead of but I guess it's still you know.
Speaker 3: County, So I got three boys under twelve now. So I just want to say thank you for making this interview tonight because I've gotten out of bed.
Speaker 4: Judy oh Man, well, run of rock and roll time though, Man, I bet that's it's fun.
Speaker 3: You enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: I love It's he's like just now where he's you know, in the last month, and so just starting to smile and laugh. And that's kind of become my whole purpose and identity right now, trying to get in a crack no matter what I got to do.
Speaker 3: And then what about singing?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm always singing to him. She's always singing to him too, in and we actually like it's so weird because they came on to Melbourne too, like right before I had left Brisbane, so like we we had left Sydney with them and you know, just to cut the flights in half with for them. And it was three days I was going from him and I get back with him, and it's like, it's so crazy how much changes in three days for him.
Speaker 2: Like he's like.
Speaker 4: Laying up now, and like was from the TV and we were we had this like you know, me and Race have been watching that like Monster ed Geen story thing and as soon as he looked up and got locked in on it was like we got to turn this out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we need that kind of like stuff like that, ye put them just like every how.
Speaker 5: Does how does dad life change? Being a bit a rock star, like are you nights earlier?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: You know now now, I uh, I don't really and I'm happy. I'm happy about it because I don't. I don't go as hard as I did it, you know, I'm definitely like I feel like kind of a shame being like he's sometimes like hammered in front of him too.
Speaker 2: I know he doesn't. He won't remember it. It's all worse like waking up in the morning because like you have to face a hand. Yeah is different, right, God, it's just not warth it and.
Speaker 6: You wake up with the Wiggles right like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not We're not quite there yet. So like luckily we haven't. We haven't gotten to the Yeah. Yeah, but I'll say we haven't. We're he's not watching like the Wiggles or yet.
Speaker 3: So you know what, I just realized it's gonna happen to you in a couple of years when he starts going to school. You're gonna be calm to do the performances at the school fairs and stuff and be like, come on, your kid goes to the school, Teddy can come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm happy to you, you know, I'm happy to like always make everything about me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Well, you did have the Wiggles on stage with you the other night. Yeah, that was the coolest thing ever that was coming you will.
Speaker 4: Then, Well, so I I like, I had reached out to them years ago, you know, when when I first started coming on Instagram, because they're they're really like my hero is growing up and always like always wanted to collab with him, and so I reached out to them like you're my heroes.
Speaker 2: I love you, like I'd love to do something one day.
Speaker 4: And and then finally right when we landed in Sydney going into like we went on to Today show before the n r L and they happened to be on the same day. So I met them in the hallway and.
Speaker 2: They were like, you want to play food Salevis And I was like, oh my god, yeah of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So so like we'd asked him like, did you guys want to pop out for the show, you know, one of the shows and then come do something with us, And so we did Ackabye Bear you know.
Speaker 2: Dude, we did fruits. Oh dude, it was so sick.
Speaker 4: We did this whole three song medley and the whole band was evolved.
Speaker 2: It was like the coolest thing ever that I think.
Speaker 4: It was, like, I mean I even said it afterwards like that was that was my mate it moment for me.
Speaker 2: You know, it was really playing with and I'll.
Speaker 5: Get cred with your baby when You'll be like, look good daddy did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope he thinks I'm cool man.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Really it's certainly a colab none of us saw coming. But I also want to talk about this collab with David Ghetto and Tones and I what a trio?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I well, you know I've been friends with with Tones for for a couple of years now too, and I'm David as well for a couple of years. And so when he sent me the record over, I was like, yeah, no problem, I'll write a versus this in a heartbeat, you know. So we're I'm really really excited too because Tones is gonna be it's our little secret though, but she's gonna be popping out this evening and doing the song with us. I'm really really excited to have her out and we haven't seen each other in so long, so.
Speaker 2: She's got cool energy, doesn't She's the coolest man. She's the best. She's just like, you know, a superstar to.
Speaker 3: Cover it out in the back of the moment, just to keep it as surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's okay. I mean I think people are gonna be bombed up.
Speaker 6: But I mean she's cool. But you're obviously cool as well. You you look so comfortable always on stage in Australia. Obviously you feel comfortable here. What is it about these crowds, you know?
Speaker 4: I think that they so much appreciate when people make the trip really and also, I like this has always been the place that has cared about everything that I've ever done first before anybody else, you know, And so I just like and I think this, I always say this and everything that Like there's just like a I think Australian people believe in the inherent goodness of people, and turn everybody's just a little less jaded and a little bit more sweet and kind.
Speaker 6: Goes down south in the States totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think much like that, you know, I think it's so much like I.
Speaker 3: Think you come in with a similar energy, Like I remember when we meet you at the Red Room. Afterwards, we're like, it's just like to be with a mate down at the pup.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, that's how. That's yeah, that's how. Yeah, that's how this whole country feels to me. Like I don't feel like I left by.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm like I'm not that far away from home, but I'm like on the other side of the way.
Speaker 3: So you did the NRL Grand Final. Are we going to get you an a f L match?
Speaker 2: Maybe next year? Yeah, I'll be honored. I'd be happy to.
Speaker 4: That was you know, especially for for coming to Australia all the time. There's so much time with like touring out here that you're kind of flying in that day and playing the show and flying out the next days in the next city, so you don't really get to see So that was my first time actually being able to be and like I felt like the real like the culture of the whole thing and like we're it.
Speaker 2: Was just so pumped, man, it was cool. Yeah, that's that's that's why people are there.
Speaker 5: Have you stayed here the whole time between the our in our ground final.
Speaker 4: Or so we we went we did christ Church in Auckland and then back and then Brisbane and now here right.
Speaker 5: Back in Melbourne. Now this might make you too squirm. I don't know, Clinton j you've seen this yet. Last time we saw you, Teddy, you just got your tiny Teddy tattoo on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now I know you're running out of space on your body.
Speaker 2: But did I see the baby?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, Did I see today that you.
Speaker 5: Got your arm pit?
Speaker 3: Dumb?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, this is fresh. Yeah, it's just just yesterday it happened. It's so miserable. It was the worst.
Speaker 4: But I'm running out of space and I'm trying to I'm trying to be done by the end of the year.
Speaker 6: So so that's there's a boxing kangaroo there, which.
Speaker 2: I can say is that fresh as well?
Speaker 4: That one was a couple of days ago. That was when we were still Sydney. So Lauren Windsdor did what should do my tiny Teddy?
Speaker 2: My little box?
Speaker 4: And is the arm pit?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 4: This is by Jessica Rebel too. She's actually here right now as well, so she's.
Speaker 5: Like she's a melbourneirl, right, she doesn't fine line tattoos.
Speaker 3: Man, what's left to do there?
Speaker 2: I know, I think I'm gonna not do that. Yeah, yeah, but I didn't. I try to just leave that floating and to see if tattoos, you.
Speaker 4: Know, say what's up? Plus if I got it done, it'd be a whole more more like riding high than hello.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess the depends on the moon.
Speaker 5: Do you have a favorite or have you kept count? You know how many of you know?
Speaker 4: I feel like though, if I had to say like a percentage of body, I would probably say I'm about ninety percent.
Speaker 5: Come, do you have a favorite?
Speaker 4: This one right here is my my best pal Derek. He's done like a lot of my tattoos. And we did a lot of first together as he was coming up, and he used to be afraid to do portraits, and so a few years ago I was like, well, look, man, why don't you do a portrait of yourself on me. You're not gonna make yourself look stupid on your best friend, you know, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then then he nailed it. And then now.
Speaker 4: He's like done a Dave Chappelle tattoo on me, and he just kills portraits now, and it's it's it's he's he's grown so much.
Speaker 3: And so you actually are there. Sorry if you guys know, Teddy, actually you tattooed to mind him on in New Zealand the other wake Maddy drink. Yeah, yeah, tattoo, he's clean skin. Do you travel with the tataro just to catch.
Speaker 4: A lot of times we do, because so many times like we like, especially as I've gotten like filler gap, I've been just handing the machine to my my all my buddies and yeah, they're just signing me and stuff and drawing a little pictures.
Speaker 3: And the airport and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's been.
Speaker 4: It's been fun to like Also, like in therapy, they said I should have a hobby, you know, outside of this, and I yes, I was like I was enjoying like just doodling on people and having fun. And so many times too, like right before my son was born, I was trying to take a couple of months off the booze and and so we'd always have like you know kind of party after the show in the green room and stuff, and there's so many people. So I was like, well, instead of like fighting like fighting the urge of drink, I could just pull the tattoo machine out and all the drunks would just let me tattoo them.
Speaker 2: You know, my hands busy, you know.
Speaker 6: I did go to that cocktail bar opening and got a tattoo. Remember yeah, yeah, Mine's not like.
Speaker 3: It was a compass.
Speaker 2: They were great.
Speaker 3: That's remember I got tatted. We're sick what you get a because now that I'm fraid.
Speaker 2: The PA, that's the way to get him, man, that's the way to get him. It's the best way to get tattoos. I think. I think it's more about like the memory and the and the time of it. And I didn't forget it.
Speaker 5: Do you know any that you regret though, Because when you're letting people put their names on your body, have you had a falling out with anyone and you've gone out.
Speaker 2: To change to something else.
Speaker 4: When I was sixteen, I got my first tattoo, and I was so like you, it was you first. So I got it covered up when I was you know, maybe nineteen or so. But it was a cross and with my last name in it. And then I had another banner that said established nineteen ninety two and it was such a cheesy tattoo that I was like, I just needed it. I wanted a tattoo so bad. And so I not that I'm the guy to take tattoo advice from, but I would say just maybe like, don't let sixteen year olds make a lifelong decisions. You know, by the time I was eighteen, I was a completely different person. So I was like, maybe maybe like decide. I feel like I feel like we were talking to I was talking to my engineer the other day and he was like, you know, his kids are like sixteen fourteen. He's like, you know when Rambow gets older, Like, what what do you think, Like you would like, what do you think it's an acceptable time for him to start getting tattoos?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was like, I was like, well, I would just make sure that he like is sure about what he wants to do or doesn't like put way too much thought into it and the end up hating it, you know, just like make sure he's like ready, yeah, ready for you know, and like fourteen or anything like that. But I was like, I got one at sixteen, Maybe I would be okay with myself one at sixteen.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 6: Know many getting any inspiration learn I mean, any of you regret.
Speaker 5: That lots of people have tattoos with that regret, but it tells the story.
Speaker 2: It's all about the fun.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I'll try not to put too much thought into it. You know, just go for things that are funny or are good or you know.
Speaker 5: No, I was just gonna say, Australia is a second home to you. Now I've heard you say that before. You love it here, it feels like home. Would you ever spend a lot, a large chunk of time here. I know there's a lot of musicians who come out and write and go and sit and by and by spends six months.
Speaker 2: I would love to.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm also my my my dog, Matt Krbie, Like I've been listening to him. He's one of my favorite artists in the world. I've been listening to him forever. And so he's on the store with and we've been spending every night together. Just been like we gotta we got to get together. And you know, do do a bunch of stuff. So I plan on I would. I would really buy a place here.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 4: I would be like maybe I love Melbourne, I really do. And and my sweet friend Tash is always out here. We're supposed to be trying to work together as well. So like you know, there's there's so many people that I love and would love to work with tones more, and so I would.
Speaker 2: I think I would really do.
Speaker 4: I would. I would, I would move, but like also, you know, try to have a place back home too, because obviously, just like the grandson away from everybody's.
Speaker 5: Grandparents would not be had. You can't take a baby away from grab Ben's a lie.
Speaker 2: I do I love it here? I would?
Speaker 4: I would, I would. I would eventually get a place here. I think would be like.
Speaker 6: Just quickly, where do you go for your like inspiration, be it writing, you know, playing to relax, where's your sort of your comfort spot.
Speaker 4: We always try to go what I've found, Like so a lot of times with writing, I mean we're even writing right now, was in the green rooms. But a lot of times I feel like the best success for us has been it's like, well we'll go away and do like writing camps, you know. So we try to take like usually maybe eight of us and set up like two rooms and like we'll get a big Airbnb. And sometimes there's been Palm Springs, or we went to the Smoky Mountains earlier this year, back in like February, and we try to go into somewhere like where we're just kind of trapped in a home in the middle of nowhere and we have somebody come and cook and we just lock in together and just you know, five days and just like all work and work and work and work, and you know, you can spend out twenty songs and yeah that span of five days, but we're just all locked in this little hole together.
Speaker 2: So you caught off from the world.
Speaker 6: If you're at camping, you just got that one lyric and A do you do you plug it into AI?
Speaker 2: Do you pug it into jet chat GP.
Speaker 4: T No, we but I would say that there is there's been times that we have used it and when the best ways too, so like sometimes maybe it is like we're trying to figure out if it's a if it's an end or a butt or so or you know, like and there's been times where I've been like, so one of these songs is getting across the line and maybe I'm here in Australia and Julian will call me, and you know, I used to be like, hey, can we try and or butt on this, you know, and then I'd have to go to a studio or like plug in and do this line a hundred times. And now he's actually like, I think it was one on my song funeral.
Speaker 2: Uh he changed a word.
Speaker 4: I can't remember exactly what the word is unless I was looking at him right now, but he had changed like it was like it was something as simple as like an end or in a butt, and he just like went and just like punched it in the word and then like threw my an ai of my voice over it. And then that's that saved me from having to go spend a bunch of money on the studio and spend hours at a time. So we've we've used it for wonderful things like that, which has been like I think, I think it can be very helpful in a lot of ways, but I think it can also be dangerous a lot of ways too.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not going to say like a hologram feeling and if you're too hung to perform or anything.
Speaker 6: I think that's awesome for good you and.
Speaker 3: Teddy, welcome back to Australia.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 3: We love having you in Melbourne and any any time, I think we'd be happy to have you here living here anytime, with open arms. Good on your mate, Good to see.
Speaker 2: You too, guys. Good luck tonight. I can't wait to show
Speaker 5: Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials