Speaker 1: Apodjaye Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom? Podcast? And we're on social media as well at am I Bad Mom on Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 1: If you want to hit us.
Speaker 3: Up, Yeah, hit us up, share some stories.
Speaker 2: Am I a bad mum for not going the extra mile?
Speaker 3: I feel like as a mum, you constantly go an extra mile, don't you. Yeah?
Speaker 1: But on this acad talking about it in the car.
Speaker 2: We've touched on this subject before in that it's very last minute that we find out things often because we're not very good reading the newsletter, are we rich? No, it's not my agenda because it's not in bullet point form separated now just for me, just with the bullet points.
Speaker 3: Hi, rah dot dot dot dot dot. Knowing my kids are in prep and grade two, that's all you need to know.
Speaker 2: This is all you need to know. What I do now is I scroll down, bearing in mind my kids are now in the last year of primary school. I scrolled down to the calendar at the end, and that tells me everything I need to know.
Speaker 1: I know when pajama.
Speaker 2: Days and we're Orange Day because we've had these dramas before. But on this particular occasion, Amelia was doing a presentation for HASS. What is has something to do with science, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, I was going with that. Let me google it us Siri.
Speaker 1: Hey, Siri, what does HASS stand for?
Speaker 2: She's done, She's just we need to we need to google home in here, I get sick of Siri. On a separate note, I can search for it on the web myself.
Speaker 4: The whole point of it is for her to tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, has History and Social Science?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, something like that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she had to do a presentation, and she said to me, this was at seven.
Speaker 3: Pm Humanities and Social Sciences. Okay, yep, that'sas.
Speaker 2: So it was seven pm on a Monday night and she is eating her dinner and I get an email saying, just a reminder that people need to bring in their props tomorrow for the HAS presentation. And so I've said, have you got props that you have to take in?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What do you need to take in?
Speaker 2: She went, oh, yeah, where's Dad? I said, he's at the gym doing boxing. She said, can you call him? Tell him to swing by the shop on the way home, because I need to pick up some things for my costume. Oh, well, you need a costume and props? She said, yeah for tomorrow. Okay, So I said, wait for it. I said, what do you need? I've got my phone out ready to text him. Can you pop into.
Speaker 1: The Can you pop into ku?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something easy. It's gonna be, isn't it? Something that's open till nine?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Already seven?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: She said, I need a fake mustache, a kid sized man suit, four easels colored card, and a bell. I mean, where do you find a fake mustache and a kid in size man suit?
Speaker 4: Get dad to just drop in the cam up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but fortunately adult don't say you know all this in your dress up box.
Speaker 4: All right, we've just gone to another part of our friendship.
Speaker 1: No, if I tell you what was in the dress up?
Speaker 2: Jay and I have gone to a few dress up parties over the years, and we keep all the costumes.
Speaker 1: And what he.
Speaker 2: Did have was a Jesus costume.
Speaker 1: So sheesu kin, she changed who she was.
Speaker 4: Jesus was in a I don't really know actually what Jesus was.
Speaker 1: He wasn't in a.
Speaker 2: Suit, but what was part of the costume was the Jesus beard and mustache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, good, so that colored in or something or just stayed white.
Speaker 1: I gave her the whole beard.
Speaker 2: It wasn't white, it was brown. It's not center brown beard.
Speaker 1: You know what he looks like the sand of what religious? You don't need to be. You don't need to be religious.
Speaker 2: Center know the difference between Jesus and Santa.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she's got the beard mustache. I've lost you. We've lost you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we've got the beard and the mustache. So we've managed to make a suit just out of for some reason. Also in the dressed up box was a brown suit. But it's like, do you know those costumes that you can get Christmas time with the blow up Rudolph, do you know what I mean? And the blows up and then it looks like you're riding the reindeer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So somehow we had one of those, and so there was a pretend suit for the man.
Speaker 1: What is the man riding reindeer? Anyway? I don't know? And it's brown, pinstripe.
Speaker 3: Gangster.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is, though, is the Jays like pinning this suit to her, like rolling up the sleeves and making it fit her better but this suit is made of the thinnest like nylon material. I said, she's going to go into school. People are gonna think that your suits. I don't.
Speaker 3: In this podcast before, but Holly what I just am trying so hard to bring it back.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're in a brown pin striped suit.
Speaker 2: She wears the worst material people. That's what's really making me because wearing it wear some horrible cheap suits.
Speaker 1: So she's got that.
Speaker 2: So she's got her outfit sorted, stop past office works, got the easels and the cardboard and actually, then this is where I turned from a bad mom into a good mum. Well, although we just pulled together. Yeah, yeah, so I just make myself even better because we're at the stage now where you know, we're on wine down time, showers start speaking about bedtime, lunchboxes need to be made, Jay and I hadn't eaten dinner, all.
Speaker 1: Of that stuff going on. She's got all in a panic.
Speaker 2: Because she hasn't printed out the stuff she needs to print out to stick on the card to then make the presentation. So then I've said, okay, we're going to do it as a family.
Speaker 1: So the four of us.
Speaker 2: In there printing out sticking it onto the paper. Tell you what else we did, because it's olden days. She was being someone from the olden days. We tea stained.
Speaker 1: All the paper, you know how you Yeah, I love that around the edge.
Speaker 4: It's very creative.
Speaker 2: And then one of them had the idea to set fire to the edges to make it look burn.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Yeah, that was my next question.
Speaker 3: Was a lot of talk about dressing up, and I didn't know who she dressed up as, so it's just someone in the olden days.
Speaker 2: It's the man that invented Cobb and Cob, something to do with the gold Rush.
Speaker 4: Well, that suit would have been absolutely facts for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a speared.
Speaker 1: It's a good job she wasn't in your house to dressed as Santa. Same thing. The sad part.
Speaker 3: Is both of my kids he got dressed up tomorrow and I was already like, how.
Speaker 4: Can I just pull it together with whatever we've got instead of having to send them in brand new stuff.
Speaker 2: Don't dress them up as Jesus because you have no idea what.
Speaker 1: He looks like.
Speaker 3: My kids want to dress up tomorrow as a hero, go as your hero. Gracie wants to go as a cowgirl. Okay, well, I don't know why because it's not her hero. She said, you used to like riding horses.
Speaker 4: Oh you're a hero yea. So she said, I want to.
Speaker 3: Dress up as a cowgirl. So I said, oh, that's fine, we can pull it together.
Speaker 1: You've got boots.
Speaker 4: She goes, yeah, I want to wear that red shirt, and I was like, what red shirt?
Speaker 3: Another one of those mum moments where I've thrown it out because I thought she had. So now I have to go past kmart and try and find like a checkered shirt.
Speaker 1: She wants to be Jesse out of toy story.
Speaker 4: That I thought, I have Jesse the dress up for me my size. We could just pin that because we do something.
Speaker 1: Why do you have that?
Speaker 3: We dress up every year for Halloween, all four of us, and that was mine for last year.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like this episode is not very relatable because I don't think there's anyone out there with a Jesse costume or Jesus costume just hanging around in the wardrobe.
Speaker 3: What I'm going to take from this episode is I probably need to do a few more studies around religions and appearances and you reckon don't invite me to a fancy dress.