Speaker 1: This is the Maddie row Oz Music Show on Nova Anoxia Brisbane Busking viral sensation twelve point two million views and counting. I saw on TikTok for this amazing busking moment with Teddy Swims.
Speaker 2: Thank you, miss Maddie, Queen of music.
Speaker 1: Like not to toot my own horn. But I did see the video of you, maybe before a few people because I follow you an Oxia and I saw the video before it kind of really popped off.
Speaker 2: You were the first one. You're the winner, the best.
Speaker 1: Was I actually the first person to talk about it?
Speaker 2: Yes, because like I had no expectation I thought when this all happened, I mean I had no idea what was going to happen. But when we met for the first time and I was like, okay, well I'll put this on the internet. Let's do it. Like this is what I this is what I was busking here for that, this is what I tried to do. And you were one the first person because I saw your comment on my Instagram. I'm like, Maddie wants to put me on a radio show. Oh my goodness. And I was like, oh yeah, yes, I've never done this before. And then it just it all flooded in and I had, I think, So I sang with him on the Tuesday, and then I think by the Wednesday, I had five or six interviews booked before twelve before midday next day, just NonStop, and I still got a bus, like I still got to work and pay my rent and everything. So yeah, yeah, but you're the first, and it's the best.
Speaker 1: You must be well versed in the interview game now, like you've been asked the same questions over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you know what, I give the same answer, but just a little bit of different flavor, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little salt bay. So when I ask you, is Teddy Swim's the nicest person ever, you would say with a little bit of sprinkle an oxia.
Speaker 2: He is a define man, an absolute sweetheart. He has taken me under his wing in a sense. He has just he's very protective and he cares, and he believes in magic. He believes that magic is real in the music industry and that we have the power as artists to make people feel special. And talent is one thing, notoriety and connections is another. But there's a certain aspect of an artist where you can make your audience feel special, and I think he's teaching you very well how to do that. So nuts.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was a beautiful answer with a little bit of sprinkling of magic on the answer too. Love that it has been that only happened like a week ago, right, It has been a bit of a well winned week for you. I could imagine a.
Speaker 2: Week from today exactly. So it's been nuts. It's been crazy and I don't know how to act.
Speaker 1: Ever, what's the craziest part of all of this.
Speaker 2: I want to say, I mean, apart from actually playing at an arena that's next level. Never never done that before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you got to perform with Teddy Swims at the Sydney Maya Music Bowl on Sunday night.
Speaker 2: No, girlfriend, Margaret caught a little a little daunting, absolutely terrifying. I've never sung above people before.
Speaker 1: I felt horrible.
Speaker 2: I was like, this feels so wrong, so wrong. I'm so used to face to face, So it was that was different. That was scary.
Speaker 1: But what did you see when when you watched, when you looked out into the crowd at the Teddy Swim show, what did you see?
Speaker 2: I saw people crying, and saying my name, and and like just the love, just the pure love and excitement, and it was wild to be in front of that, to be to have that directed at me. It was I don't know, I'm still so so it's so surreal. I'm yeah, just living.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you'll ever be able to busk normally again because you're normally set up in surfers Paradise? Do you think that that is going to be a possibility now because people are going to go, that's an Oxya, that's the girl who busted with Teddy Swims and she You're all over the internet. You've been on every TV network and every radio station in the country and over the last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I'm a little worried. I'm a little scared. But it's I mean, I do it all the time. It's what I do, it's my job. It's how I live, it's how I survive. I love it. I love busking so much. This week I've been busking. I did from Thursday to Saturday, and I was I was stopped all the time. I hardly got to sing any songs just because I was Most of my time was spent taking photos with people and I signed autographs. I had to think myself, like no, like dot, don't do the government name. I don't have a I don't have a signature for an oxia. I had to think of that.
Speaker 1: So what does it look like?
Speaker 2: Oh it's shocking. I'll never show anybody. Don't look for.
Speaker 1: It once the wildest body part you had to sign this week?
Speaker 2: But I got to sign a lady's chest.
Speaker 1: Stop at a titty and a Knoxia titty.
Speaker 2: I think so, so you know, maybe she'll get it tattooed or something.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. Oh do you have people helping you out with this? Like do you have a manager or a team.
Speaker 2: I have good people helping me out. I've got my partner. He's taking care of like the YouTube section. I'm taking care of the Instagram and the TikTok. I've got another friend helping with all the emails coming in. So I have access to everything. I'm the main person dealing with everything. But I do have help or do you have extra sets of eyes? And my family is incredible, Like can I can I take you anywhere? Can I make you something to eat? Make you a cup of tea? So I have incredible incredible support. So I feel very lucky.
Speaker 1: Well, I am excited for what is to come. I'm sure you've got record labels knock knock, knocking on a Knoxia's door, trademark.
Speaker 2: That trademark that, yes, I have. I have lots of things happening, lots of different different people of different all aspects of the industry wanting to know what I'm up to and wanting to know more. So I'm very happy to be making music, and I'm very happy to be sitting on a gold mine of tracks. I've sent everything out, I've said yes to everything. I haven't agreed to any three. By the way, no haste here, all rights reserved to a Noxia.
Speaker 1: Is there going to be a collab in the works? You and Teddy Swims?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I don't know who that would be cool.
Speaker 2: I when I was in the green room, a couple of the Warner execs came in just like, hype me up and get me settled. And we sat down like this, and I said, Okay, let's talk business. Let's talk business. When will I get signed by you? I love you guys. When will that happen?
Speaker 1: Is that what they said? Not saying, oh it is that maybe gonna happen though, Like who knows.
Speaker 2: Busking is one thing and getting up on stage once is another. But it's a tough industry and you have to have a crazy work ethic from my experience, and I I want to do that. So these next coming weeks months, however long it takes, I don't mind. They have the patience. I'm going to work my little butt off and prove to as many people as I can and I do deserve this, So the harder I work, the more opportunities hopefully I can get.
Speaker 1: And yeah, oh thanks for making time for me, and you're very busy schedule. She's a wonted woman.
Speaker 2: Love you, girl friends.
Speaker 1: This is the Maddie row Oz Music Show on Nova