Speaker 1: Dan Houston.
Speaker 2: Wanted to your dad could have you in nice kid. Yeah it is pretty sum shouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very sharp.
Speaker 2: It's very warm as well. I'm looking aboard again outside, but it's cool.
Speaker 1: Calls it.
Speaker 3: They never failed gear.
Speaker 2: The racing.
Speaker 3: There's nothing one today.
Speaker 2: Dave Lloyd text of that said, looks like a fashions on the field sort of get.
Speaker 1: Used a little form guard in the top Puckett.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, Dan, you must have doing doing this radio spot. You must have some weeks like last week where you go go on radio days after the showdown.
Speaker 1: Talk about that never with you.
Speaker 3: Conversely, you must have other days whether the alarm goes off and you've got a spring in your step that I reckon. That is the best port win I can remember. Is extrawdinary what you did in Geelong.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It is if it is a little bit extraordinary when you look back on it, and it's a clear reminder that seven days is huge in footage. Yeah, genuinely flat. This week really up and about that was a really good win. I can't remember too many more. We've got close in pregims which would have probably topped it, but that probably Yeah, the thing that.
Speaker 3: Makes it so good though, And I reckon, if you're honest, I reckon everyone in the team. You must go to Geelong thinking we'll probably stuff to you, but we'll do our best so to actually win.
Speaker 2: That's that's the hardest kicking foot And with all the injuries too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was that they were pretty full strength. They will planning some really good footing and we had some injuries and you know, I think we all chipped in really like, all contributed really well, and there wasn't anyone where you go, yeah, probably you know, left it to too few people. Everyone chipped in and we got the result and stuck to our game plan, which is really important.
Speaker 2: What was the message? We talked about it a lot during the week. How do you talk about going to a game where you're so such a massive underdog, you've come off a bad loss and to boot, you've got a whole stack of injury suddenly to do with. So what what was was there? You know, A couple of words that everyone spoke about all week was a normal prep What stuck with you about the lead up to the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we felt like we're a little bit flat in the show down, a little bit boring and stagnant in the way we played, and we wanted to come out to Gelong with a bit of energy and play, you know, a more exciting brand of offense so that we could you know, I didn't have to defend for long periods of time. And we felt like we were able to put the the pressure on Gelong with our offense and put them under pressure to defend. And we came at them and got them on the back foot, which was what we wanted to do.
Speaker 2: So the shackles were off.
Speaker 1: The shackles. Yeah, it felt like that the shackles were off and that there was a lot of freedom. We simplified it down and what we wanted to do, move the ball, be aggressive and I think it was fifty points in the first quarter. I really spoke of that.
Speaker 2: We had Zach Butter's on seven News last night. He was filling in doing some captaincy duties with Connor Rosie out. He said, he's strengthen foot, he's not talking, so he kept it short before the game.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what he said, Nah, I think Buzzy's actually undermining himself a little bit. I thought he was really good and he spoke really well, I can't remember exactly what he spoke about, but you know, as a playing greut, we wanted to take a little bit of buttsy into how he played and tough and aggressive and you know, a little bit cheeky. Say I thought he did really well. Honestly say, I think Buzzy's just trying to get a little bit of a couple of compliments here or there.
Speaker 2: Do you you do you talk much with the group before? Because you started you were really quiet. I remember you've said to us before when you first came into Putty these days, are you you loud? Do you keep yourself in the sort of the pre match build up?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty I'm pretty quiet, and I'd sort of stick to myself a little bit in the pre match warm up, But once I'm on the field, I feel like I'm a little bit more vocal and get outside myself. And yeah, with the you know, less experienced players on the weekend, I felt like I had to, you know, sort of over exaggerate that a little bit.
Speaker 3: And you mentioned some of the prelings before. It feels to me, and you know this might sound judgmental or harsh, but it feels that ports problem and to the extent that you've had a problem over the last sort of Underkin's tenure is just lacking that little bit of extra mental edge, the self confidence to really nail big opponents in big games. And that's why I think this is the best win you've had because it was like for Ken, it's like I can coach, you, guys can play, we can do this, So how do you sort of you can probably generate like an enduring benefit from Cardinia Park last week to take it into things like the prelimbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. I'm sure it will be referenced throughout the year, showing that you know, with you know, a team that was probably a little bit less experience playing a team that was really experienced, if we can stick to our game plan and it'll get it done against anyone anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: I think that'll be a really good message for us throughout the season. And as you said, it might be that little bit of belief that we need.
Speaker 3: Because even the start was incredible, but the hanging on was really impressive too, like because they were coming a big time at the end. So it's sort of like the twin challenges of football attacking well, but then holding on to a lead like the second half was as extraordinary as the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah was.
Speaker 1: We got obviously tested in both ways, you know, coming out and having to respond from last week, and then we had to hold on in the end, which we probably didn't think we put ourselves in that situation. So there's there's heaps of little lessons out of that. Yeah, and Gelong were coming at us and I thought it was really strong connection point of us to be able to hold on there at the end.
Speaker 2: Selection day to day, How has the skipper looked on the track this week? And do you reckon? We'll be back in Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we've got main training tomorrow and we also had a training session yesterday kind of did everything. So I think he'll be a test to see how he goes tomorrow in main training. And then we've got a few others. I think Lockie Jones might be a test too, and then yeah, I think tre McKenzie will be back as well. So I think there's a few players that will be in the.
Speaker 2: Selection Sunday game, isn't it.
Speaker 1: So you've got the Sunday games, yeah, yeah, yeah, so it'd be a squad tonight and then obviously it'll be refined on Friday.
Speaker 2: Well, all the best. So the Hawks here you have played actually some decent footy surprised the teams recently, so you have to be on your on your on your game, I think on this weekend. So all the best, mate, we'll chat to you next week.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Just have me in she's dead.
Speaker 3: David Pemberthy and Will Goodings six to nine five double a breakfast