Speaker 1: Seven coffee, Settle into your seats. Jody and Hazy Madealee's favorite way to wake.
Speaker 2: Up Good morning, Monday Morning.
Speaker 3: Jody and Hazy fresh off Cyril live in the Red Room on Friday Night, and didn't it live up to all the expectations that we had of our boys?
Speaker 4: Cyril certainly kid, I mean, he really really sets the standard high, doesn't he. Yes, you live it on Friday night. So everybody who went along, well done. Good start getting youself some exclusive invites. Joe's what about crows and books?
Speaker 5: For us?
Speaker 4: This is what you'd like to see it on Monday morning? Just charging here off the back of two really big wins.
Speaker 2: Big wins.
Speaker 3: Haven't we seen some big victories in the AFL in the first couple of round.
Speaker 4: Now spends the blowouts, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's really hard not to get super excited about the crows because they look the goods in the first two weeks. Oh yeah, Is it a case of we are very good or the position has been subpaths?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I think the crows are really good. Yeah, right like I think they're Yeah, they're right up there. So I think the big question mark is ess and then that bad and if so, then poor addat supporters licking your lips for Thursday Night.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely rock into Thursday Night footy. Don't you love Thursday night footage? Just the weekend comes early, guys, makes.
Speaker 4: The weekend come nice and early. A big show coming up up for grabs before seven quick looking forward to this nervous Red Room Global tour all powered by Speed. Yeah, imagine the ultimate international music tour. You could be on there, just on us via Ricky leads Him and Joel. That'd be pretty sweet, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: The lineup for this thing is absolutely ludicrous, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got past Malone, Jelly Roll, Gracie Abrams, Dean Lewis or internationally just ridiculous. The Monday Morning Joke Off is just around the corner. That's how we'd like to kick things off on a Monday, if you don't mind.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Producer Molly very very ordinary in this space. So let's say if you can lift her game, do.
Speaker 4: You think is this? Would this be the four often storm it from Juice Moring you keeping dames.
Speaker 2: For maybe fish, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: Let's say you've had four cracks, He's zero from four.
Speaker 2: Month are you kidding you first, you last?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we were trying to see your first one.
Speaker 6: I encourage you, so you reckon. Today's is sort of do or die.
Speaker 4: It could be make or break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ready, are you saying that we could be culling producer Molly from the joke?
Speaker 4: I know I was saying, but I was thinking that.
Speaker 2: At least you're saying it to my face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, that's very true. All right, that's coming up up seven o'clock. But let's just reflect on what was a really, really fun Friday night thanks to Seal of a Nervous Red Room. What a guy, what a crowd?
Speaker 2: Any fun?
Speaker 4: He's a big old Seal remix for you on a Monday morning. Good morning on Friday night by Nervous Red Room, and gluttony went off its absolute face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was unreal.
Speaker 3: And if you're wondering what it's like backstage with Cyril, it's just a caravan, just a little caravan. But he did have a rider, a few different things on his writer, primarily two big bottles of gray Goose and what was that shot thing that he was pouring.
Speaker 4: Oh and it was some sort of fancy tequila, as well as sort.
Speaker 2: Of nineteen fifty two tequila or something.
Speaker 4: Ten protein bu ten.
Speaker 3: Protein guys just sick out direct with tequila. But he put up an interesting post on the weekend. He said, today, I'm finally taking everything that's happened this year in it's been incredible. From six years ago with a drug addiction, kicked out of my rental, not being able to afford a one dollar Hamburger, to having a family, traveling the world, buying my dream mute and making music for a living. I really love working hard and doing what I do, and I wouldn't be able to do it if I didn't have your support, So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: In his to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yes, sire, the really nice to say as well that when you meet someone like that and they just he was the lovely guy, a genuine lovely guy, as was his entorege. If you made some managers and stuff, there just a really really good cruisy sea boxs like that guying Well, he's absolutely killing it, and it's someone who really really appreciates it's each and every opportunity that he gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're worried if Cyril was staying at the Best Western near the airport.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about it all.
Speaker 3: Because when he finished his set on Friday night, he was retiring to the penthouse at.
Speaker 4: Where he's staying. He's like, oh, it's placed in the city. It's like I am like, yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, your little eyes were lighting up, just waiting for an invitation to go back and party with Cyril at his penthouse.
Speaker 4: You what are you going to do back at your hotel? I probably go to sleep, Okay, cool, cool, have a good night, have a good one. Congratulations and thank you for everyone he turned out as well. It was such a good crow.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and amazing ground. Thank you everyone who supported the Red Room. Let's do it all again. I want to do it all again.
Speaker 4: Yes this week. That's too sure, that's too short. We'll cook something else happening in the back of the in the scenes morning the following segment audiences.
Speaker 1: And graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it is easily offended.
Speaker 2: Well, you're about to find out just how easily.
Speaker 8: Your father he's only money, nothing, not.
Speaker 4: This is a chance for us to get maybe just a little bit blue, maybe just a little bit ris gay things really sort of wholesome up after seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what has landed on my desk is something that I think is a great, big battle conspiracy from you below to make us women think that we need to have more sex.
Speaker 4: What do you go?
Speaker 3: So, Apparently, according to a survey, if you want to live a happy and healthy life, expert say.
Speaker 2: You need to have sex more often than you think.
Speaker 3: Amen, sister, It's apparently good both mentally and physically. Experts are advising people to have regular sex if they want to be happy. Refraining from sex for too long can actually cause depression and anxiety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, So what is this? Did you did you compile the study or you get this from some sort of journal?
Speaker 3: I certainly did not. This was in some sort of fancy journal. This is actually the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
Speaker 4: Oh, very good.
Speaker 2: Did you know that existed?
Speaker 4: It's quite the journal. She said, the Christmas party. Crazy, those guys, these guys party, I'll give you.
Speaker 2: I just want to turn up to the Adelaide Convention Center.
Speaker 3: It's got Christmas party for the Journal of Sexual Medicine naked.
Speaker 4: You're like, what's going on here? Oh, it's a sex journal guys.
Speaker 2: Closing. Okay, so this is the alarming part.
Speaker 3: It found that women aged between twenty and fifty nine who were getting frisky less than once a week had a much higher risk of early death.
Speaker 4: See that's that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: It is the kind of bullsh that my husband's trying to sell to me.
Speaker 8: If you don't have sex with.
Speaker 2: Me, you're going to die.
Speaker 4: Couldn't say, ladies, save yourself, do yourself a fucker.
Speaker 6: A job.
Speaker 4: That is a good job.
Speaker 1: Monday morning joke off.
Speaker 4: Way to start it were just a little injection of humor. It's joddy, very funny, by the way, produce extremely funny. Not not so much, not so much. It's a work on producer.
Speaker 3: It's a fun time of the week. Unless your name is Molly Rose. It always ends in tears. Okay, who wants to go to this, Molly, Let's get you out of the way.
Speaker 4: Joke got started, all right.
Speaker 6: What's the difference between the Carlton Football Club and Mosquitos. Mosquitoes eventually stop sucking.
Speaker 4: And you can say that because you're in car and order, So that makes sense. I'll go next, Joe. Is that okay?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 4: Sure, all right, here we go. The teacher asks the class to use the word harassment in a sentence. After thinking for a long time, Little Johnny. And we all know about Little Johnny.
Speaker 2: Everyone is very familiar with his work.
Speaker 4: What a character, and we're on edge when Little Johnny puts his hand up. He put his hand up and he said, well, I'm still sad that my girlfriend left me. Harassment A lot to me?
Speaker 2: Harass is that her name?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 2: The girlfriend's name?
Speaker 4: The harassment a lot to me? Harassmant a lot to me. Let me get this, ladies. It has.
Speaker 2: John His girlfriend's name is harassed.
Speaker 4: It is a different accent there as well. Okay, the key is listening, folks. You really got to keep your ears out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: A man comes home after a hard day's work and opens the refrigerator to get a soft drink. Inside, he sees a wombat taking a nap.
Speaker 2: What are you doing in my fridge?
Speaker 3: The man asked, and the wombat opens one sleepy eye and says, isn't this a Westing House?
Speaker 2: Yes, the man replies, well.
Speaker 3: Then the wombat says, shutting his eyes again, I'm going the West.
Speaker 4: What let's go to issues with hiss and art classic.
Speaker 2: Then that said her name was Hilras.
Speaker 4: Gout the weally really good jokes.
Speaker 1: There sealed section with Tiff one from Jan's first Yes.
Speaker 4: We do this seation every week as well Joe's. And this is the sealed section featuring the lovely Tiff war.
Speaker 2: Little ray of Sunshine has just entered the building. Good morning, she is Hi everyone. Hi, You've got your envelope. You're ready to open it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Actually, hazy, would you help me out?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm very good at the loves opening an envelope.
Speaker 9: Cool owing youself every week every.
Speaker 4: Week, these scars on these hands, what.
Speaker 1: Do you go?
Speaker 8: This week?
Speaker 9: We're talking brides and grooms and this immense pressure for the groom to sort of shut a tear.
Speaker 8: I recently intended my sister's wedding.
Speaker 4: Yes, you would be such a distraction at.
Speaker 9: I tell you what I did. Look beautiful, That's what I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure you did. But I say more so the stuff of the background. Yeah, I was singing along with.
Speaker 3: There was ever a there was ever a bridesmaid that wanted to outshine the bride.
Speaker 9: Hello, It's not that I wanted to, It just happens. My sister looked gorgeous. I looked gorgeous, and then her husband, my brother in law, Sean at the top, and that this is what happens. The bride comes out, then everyone goes enough of you, Sam, We want to see what Sean's doing.
Speaker 8: Is he crying?
Speaker 9: And thankfully he did. Because these in this day and age, I feel there's a rhetoric that if your groom doesn't cry, he hates you really, he thinks you look ugly.
Speaker 4: So that's a lot of pressure. I know that's a lot of pressure. So for blokes, I mean so many different situations when you have to perform these expectations, that's when you don't perform. Indeed, it's got to be organic.
Speaker 8: It's another example.
Speaker 4: I can't think of enough top of my head right now. It has to be organic, deaf, you must.
Speaker 3: This is where I would love to hear from brides and grooms here on thirteen twenty four ten. Is there an expectation that if the groom doesn't cry, then he doesn't love you enough? That seems to be the chitter chatter amongst the other women in the at the wedding.
Speaker 8: I think it's a generational thing.
Speaker 9: I don't think back in the day, because we surveyed all the older fellas in the ten years first we did, and all of them said, no, I didn't cry.
Speaker 8: Cry, I'm happy. Why would I cry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were almost like berating these younger blokes who do cry.
Speaker 2: They were like, what do they cry for?
Speaker 9: But then is it a social media trend because now a lot of weddings get filmed and it's just become this thing where the groom cries? But Jones, did Gregy cry?
Speaker 3: When you come up with which Gregory you're gonna have Gregy the second greg who's to say?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He was so hot and sweaty because we got married in Berlin. He was wearing a suit, so I don't know if they were tears or if it was just sweat pouring down his cheeks.
Speaker 8: I'd be sweating and was marrying.
Speaker 4: That's the big question. And what we're crying about was the fact that you guys wearing thongs and you knew that you regret that.
Speaker 2: Used to become you look on the songs We're on a beach.
Speaker 8: Did you really wear thongs on your wedding day? I didn't wear cry that.
Speaker 4: Brings a tear to your I bored like a baby. And it is the moment when you first see your bride walking down there, and it's a song that you both connect with as well. It's a really, really emotional.
Speaker 3: If I was to put you on the spot and tell you to name the song that your bride walked down the arm.
Speaker 8: It was rock at them.
Speaker 4: The paper Kites, I can't come remember it's a beautiful song, paper Kites Bloom, It's Bloom sing it really nice. I don't put the pressure on that now.
Speaker 2: Four ten get involved in the conversation. Are you a bride? Do you expect your new husband to cry? Or are you a groom? And do you feel the pressure to cry?
Speaker 4: Just a really really precious situation.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also we've got teddy swimstickers to give away to.
Speaker 4: Best call this morning. Score yourself some teddy swims tickets will take your cars next thirteen twenty four ten Please get involved.
Speaker 1: Has sealed section with Ti from.
Speaker 4: Janie's first Yeah she is, and she's brought something very very close to her heart this morning, so close, so it.
Speaker 8: Is go for it.
Speaker 3: You just what your sister get married and my sister, Yeah, she got married. She tied the knot yep.
Speaker 8: Oh nice, Oh here it is.
Speaker 9: Oh it wasn't to this song, but can you imagine if it was.
Speaker 4: Has anyone actually got married to this song?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Ever, No, she's too generic. I like it.
Speaker 9: It's nice, loyal, But everyone turns when the bride comes up there, it's like, oh, well, bride, But then everyone's head back to the groom.
Speaker 8: Whiplash. Everyone's gone to look to see if he's crying.
Speaker 4: Yeap. You think it used to be all eyes on the bride.
Speaker 8: It did.
Speaker 4: Now the groom gets some attention because he's supposed to put it on the water wall.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and everyone's staring intohim, being like, you better cry, and thankfully Sean did.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so we're asking the question on thirteen twenty four ten or your bride you expect your man to cry?
Speaker 2: You were groomed? Do you feel pressure to cry?
Speaker 3: We spoke a little bit before about what song that your beautiful white walked down the aisle two as you were sobbing like a baby and you found it there.
Speaker 4: It's in the system of the paper. Quite's blown acoustic version of this. Can I see? Does make me feel it? Feeling? I feel very nice? Shows you walk down to.
Speaker 8: This sad muss there she goes.
Speaker 2: Actually cry right now?
Speaker 8: Do you know really making cry jokes?
Speaker 9: Your husband, Greggy texted me, oh no, after we discussed it whether he cried and he said, cried when I realized what I'd done.
Speaker 7: Money.
Speaker 4: All right, we're taking callse certeen twenty four ten. Now let's go to Shane in all longa downs. Shane, take us through it. Did you cry? Do you feel did you feel pressure to cry?
Speaker 11: The pressure maye then when you're in the moment, mate, until you just play on your emotions, mate, and just let it go.
Speaker 4: Mate, gone on the days of.
Speaker 11: Being big strong men. Mate, We can express our emotions as well.
Speaker 7: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Did you use the word mate in your speech to the reception on Tippy did?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 5: Mate.
Speaker 4: My wife said my bladder is too close to my eyble just wengh out my face all been there?
Speaker 2: Oh dear.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to Haila in Highbury. Did I say that right?
Speaker 12: So? Halo?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay. So do grooms have to cry?
Speaker 10: What's the go I feel that they do.
Speaker 7: I would hate.
Speaker 10: If my boyfriend didn't cry when I walk. Doesn't love me?
Speaker 2: Does he know this hailor have you?
Speaker 12: Does he know I have.
Speaker 10: Had the conversation with him. I said to him, I really hope that you're going to cry when I walk down the aisle. So we've had the conversation before.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of pressure to put on it, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That is tough, isn't it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, let's take more calls thirteen and twenty four. Ten ladies, are you a bride and do you expect him to cry?
Speaker 7: Or?
Speaker 4: Grooms? So, do you feel the pressure to shed a tear or two? It's a beautiful, beautiful moment, But when there's pressure to do something like that, sometimes it's the last thing that your body wants to do.
Speaker 1: Daisies sealed section with Tiffan from ten News First.
Speaker 4: Ah, there she is tiof one from ten Years First who recently attended to her sister's wedding.
Speaker 2: That's me, yeah, and tell us what happened?
Speaker 8: Well everyone, Yes, it's about you, Sam Sis. Mind you.
Speaker 9: Everyone wants to see if the groom is crying. Yeah, it's a thing in this day and age. Everyone wants to know is the groom shedding a tear?
Speaker 4: It comes off the back of viral social media video, sure where that's just on the and the particular moment where the groom there's one famous one where he turns around and just absolutely almost falls over. Yeah, you know the one.
Speaker 6: I do know the one.
Speaker 4: It seems like it's almost fake.
Speaker 9: But now everyone wants that or expects it. Yeah, and if they don't, it means your groom hates you.
Speaker 3: And then and then if it doesn't happen, then then all the women at the reception are all bitually going, oh, well he didn't try in this example, do I really love her enough? All right, let's go to Erin from Enfield. Good morning, Erin.
Speaker 10: Good morning, guys, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: What happened with your groom?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 10: Mine didn't cry and now were divorced.
Speaker 4: So in the moment, I'm guessing that wasn't the reason. But in the moment you're like, well I should have seen this coming.
Speaker 10: Flag absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 7: I know it's good.
Speaker 4: We're best friends now, that's.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so it didn't work romantic.
Speaker 3: But Erin, can I can I ask you a question about that? Have you spoken about it since? And did he did he know at the time that maybe it wasn't quite right?
Speaker 2: No, we haven't.
Speaker 10: Actually, I think we kind of skirted her out and all of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so probably best.
Speaker 3: It's all.
Speaker 10: It's all good where you know we're co parent, where you.
Speaker 4: Know, we get along like a house on fire.
Speaker 10: It's just, you know, it wasn't our it wasn't our thing.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Madison from angel Vale, Good morning, Madison, Hello, hell are ya good?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 7: So I'm getting married this year.
Speaker 10: And if he doesn't cry, I'll have to walk back down the aisle and start it all over again.
Speaker 4: Check for a dampness test on his face again.
Speaker 3: That's it, that's it, good time, sound thanks Madison.
Speaker 2: Good luck with your wedding. Joe from Season Good morning.
Speaker 5: Joe, good morning. How are you good?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: You sound like a groom? Did you cry?
Speaker 5: I'm a groom. I was a green thirty two years ago. Yeah, okay, and that was it was a very emotional day, and not I think talking about being emotional all right with your partner on the day that sounds a bit you know, I don't know, rehearsed. It should be. It should be just based on the moment and everything. Man, of course I shed a tear I've made better love of my life.
Speaker 4: Do you know what Joe like? And that was what thirty two years ago? It was definitely. But so anyway, we just lost Joe there for a second.
Speaker 2: Did have to lose jokes? Joe said something, Joe said something he.
Speaker 4: Definitely sometimes sometimes like on your wedding days, were you're sort up at the moment emotions.
Speaker 3: And this will certainly be a real test of the temporary technology we have in the boardroom.
Speaker 4: Some dodgy sort of that's fine. Teddy swims tickets up for grabs. He's performed out of laid entertainment center. It's a really really beautiful moment of your life. Yeah, and I didn't plan on crime, but I thought that I might. But everything's there, your friends there, I think when you see your families as well, and then when you see your wife's family and your family and they're proud as punch shu.
Speaker 8: Try just thinking about.
Speaker 4: It an emotion overload take Could we take one more call? Yes, thirty twenty fourteen, give us a call.
Speaker 1: Hazes sealed section with tiff On from ten years first.
Speaker 4: There she is you always lovely Tip four ten news First. Tiff recently went to a sister's wedding, and we're talking about this morning on thirteen and twenty four ten. The pressure that comes with the groom having to cry, I think it comes from social media and viral clips.
Speaker 9: Everything's getting filmed these days as a videographer and the like. Yeah, and everyone wants to see the groom shittttered tear because it makes for a nice video.
Speaker 3: And then if they don't shutter tear all the Karens in the reception, it clearly doesn't love her.
Speaker 4: He doesn't care at all. Look it him, stry face. Mige over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, we are taking your calls. Nadia from Highbury, good morning. Your thoughts should a groom cry?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I don't well, I don't think there should be any pressure on a groom to cry. I think what Shane said earlier was absolutely beautiful. In the moment. If a male cries, let them cry. I think I got married thirty years ago and it was one of those things that I guess wasn't done where the grooms, you know, have to hold back. My groom didn't cry. I cried, and my dad cried later got divorced, so maybe that was a time. But I think that. Yeah, there definitely shouldn't be pressure on a male to cry. I think it's about the feeling the vows, the way that the male treats the bride, not only on the day, but absolutely after as well. So Karen, those Karens should really look at them their own laves. I guess yeah, I don't think there's any pressure on a guy to cry. It's beautiful if they do, but I think it needs to be natural, not.
Speaker 3: For very Also, really good call to make Karen's self reflect some.
Speaker 4: Great calls coming through this morning. Somebody's gonna win these Teddy Swims tickets at the Adelaid Entertainment Center.
Speaker 2: Let's put it back on tip.
Speaker 9: It's going to be drum roll please, no, no, oh, you've got a real one.
Speaker 4: You can get yourself a drum roll. Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 13: It is Aaron from and this groom didn't cry, and now they are divorced, and so for that reason she can have some tickets.
Speaker 12: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know now, I need to know.
Speaker 13: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know what to moves today.
Speaker 2: Just what you need to know, what you need to.
Speaker 1: Know with Jody and Baby.
Speaker 4: Sometimes stories pop up in your feet. That really really tickle your soul, and particularly when it's close to home, and that is through a South Australia a bad doing extremely well, and that's Joe Ingles. So if you're an NBA fan and you were checking the stats, you might have looked at Minnesota Timwolves in their recent game and thought, well, Joe's starting. He has done that for a long time. In fact, he hasn't started a game for three years. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, So it was revealed that shortly before the game that Timberwolves coach Chris Finch.
Speaker 2: Was going to give Joe Ingles a start. And do you know why. The reasons are just so very wholesome.
Speaker 3: So, Joe's oldest son, Jacob, struggles with autism. He has sensory overload, and so I think the story goes that he has been living with his mum, but I don't think they've been living near Dad.
Speaker 4: So they haven't because they were living in Orlando. So it was a team that Joe was playing for recently before Minnesota. Yeah, they've stayed in Orlando and he's now obviously residing and traveling with the Minnesota Timbwolves. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so they decided to give him a start, just so that Jacob could see his dad take the court.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the big thing as well is it's a big it's a big deal in terms of announcing the starters. Yes, particularly at a home game. Yeah, so that's going to be so cool Jacob to see and Joe. Yes, he's running through a bit of a tunnel and all the lasts and everything happened really really cool.
Speaker 3: And then look on his little face too. It was just something to behold. Had people in tears all over America.
Speaker 4: Jeez, it had everyone in tears who saw it on social media. This was Joe Ingles post game.
Speaker 12: There's been so many times with my wife that was laying on the floor in public and you can fill people serenot you. You know they're judging, they know they're making comments about it, but they have no idea what he's gone through that day, or the night before, or the situation ever since he got diagnosed. It's been what was trying to do with the awareness of play is real, Like it's no matter who you are or your lifestyle, your money, like whatever.
Speaker 4: Like, so one a really important message from Joe. Yeah, and to just a really really nice wholesome moment for Ingles and everybody else in that same situation who was taking care of kids with autism. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, what a beautiful message for them, something gorgeous and wholesome to something completely and utterly the opposite and a complete embarrassment for the NBA fraternity was they had the final game basically of the playoff series yesterday join the Ila Hawks and Melbourne United. So it was in Illawarra. The I war crowd was so disrespectful. I think, to Melbourne United, who's not everyone's favorite team, They're.
Speaker 2: Not everyone's cup of tea. There's a couple of real characters.
Speaker 3: But during the game there was a chant that went up around the stadium calling Chris Golding something that rhyme's Chris Golding's a banker, let's say.
Speaker 2: Banker, a banker. Yeah, I know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Can I just say.
Speaker 2: I do I do? I actually really do. I don't like Chris Golding.
Speaker 4: I don't like him as a player, but we always joke that's because it's so bloody good.
Speaker 2: He is bloody good.
Speaker 3: But I just think ill Warra won the game, they win the championship, and then when they awarded the MVP it went to Matthew Delavdova, who for the losing team plays for Melbourne United. Absolute gun of a player has played in the NBA and this was how Matthew Delivandover was met by the crowd.
Speaker 2: So he subsequently and.
Speaker 3: You will hear it here, got off stage took his MVP award and then handed that trophy to Will Hickey, who's the Hawks player who everyone thought should have won it because he played it well in the finals.
Speaker 4: Have a listen, hold on, hold on, this really belongs to you. You had a hell of a serious this is yours. Seriously, what a classy act from Matthew Delivadover.
Speaker 3: He's standing on stage getting booed, and he decided to hand over that award. The NBA have since come outa NBA have since come out and said, nah, sorry, Matthew Delivandover.
Speaker 2: He won the award.
Speaker 8: You have to keep it.
Speaker 2: This is not your decision to hand it to Will Hickey.
Speaker 3: So but the reaction has been pretty overwhelming online, people saying that was an embarrassment from the NBOL to firstly put him in that position where they awarded it to him, and secondly, the crowd also an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 4: Yes, there they go. Have lots to take out from that, Jodes, let's really really straight enough for a second and talk about something which is really really gripping the nation, and that's anxiety.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's reading a lot more about anxiety in the news today than ever before, and I feel like people are more and more aware of what it is, and more and more people now, more than ever, are affected by anxiety.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Hats off to the TiSER at the moment, actually, who are doing an awful lot in this space because they're very aware that this is a bit of an epidemic at the moment, especially amongst young people and especially post COVID, because people are feeling stressed and isolated.
Speaker 4: See that's outrageous, isn't it. And what we're seeing as well as some of the statistics, gen Z is more anxious than all of the other generations. They're lonelier and poorer than the other generations. Like you mentioned, the COVID nineteen pandemic absolutely through everyone's minds into disarray. Pressure to perform and compare garrisons to friends and celebrities on social media is causing anxiety to ridiculous levels.
Speaker 3: This is terrifying because we're raising a generation of kids who are addicted to their phones. Most kids have a phone in their hands, and we're not going to see the impact of that until these young kids become adults. And I'm actually terrified for these kids and the impact that social media and this mobile phone addiction is going to have on them later in life.
Speaker 4: So I'm very intrigued by the relationship that our brains have when it comes to siphening through things that are positive and negative. But it's just it's mind blowing. I've got a couple of stats here for you, and this is all obviously related to what we call mental health, depression and anxiety. Here's my foy that probably will blame mine is seven times more likely to notice something negative than you are one thing positive. And we've spoken about this before, whether it's a coon, a negative comment, or something. You siphen through the good stuffyea yah ya, yeah, yea ye yeah, and then you find the negative stuff and you harp on that. That is also explained it takes five to seven positive interactions to counteract just one negative interaction. That's from a blow called John Gotman. Who's a famous psychologist, So you need so much good to get rid of just the one bad. Wow, why are brains like this?
Speaker 3: It's fight or flight. I think it goes back to Caveman. So we're wired to hold onto the negative stuff. So if you see a tiger right, your brain will go You've seen a tiger and that has to stick because it's a survival mechanism. So I think it's a hangover from the Caveman times. Thanks guys, Thanks Caveman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any guys appreciate that. We want to get you involved this morning thirteen twenty four to ten, can we openly talk about anxiety and the way that it affects us. I want to share with you my relationship with anxiety, and it's not I wouldn't call it healthy, no, but I've come to a point in my life right now where I understand a bit more and I also understand the dangers of it. But yeah, it's certainly been an interesting battle across the journey, probably learning more and more what it is.
Speaker 2: Well knowing you quite well.
Speaker 3: You are one of these people that will go down the rabbit hole if you hear something negative, and that can tend to make you spiral. So I'm really curious to find out what's going on in that beautiful big brain of yours.
Speaker 2: Andrew Hayes, what do you word?
Speaker 4: You say that? Have you heard something? We'll w'll share with you next And like I said thirteen and twenty fourteen, we'd love to get you involved this morning because I think it's something that we should be talking about more and more. We're opening up this space to talk about something which is affecting unbelievably one and six Australians and that is anxiety. And it's something that I have. I've dealt with it for a long long time, particularly in my working professional life, and I reckon at the start, I just didn't really know what it was, yeap. So the more and more you learn, you more that you learn that it's it's something that's very very common. It's something you can deal with. But I still have you. She's with it right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what does it look like for you? And anxiety?
Speaker 4: So my big one is worrying about things you can't control. So which is it's easy said than done, and that is to say, look, don't worry about it because you can't control. But it's impossible for me. So I'm that bloke who sits there late at night thinking about cooking up theories, cooking up things that could go wrong in my life. And here's another stat for you as well, by the way, which I think this came out last year was absolutely mind blowing. It took the world by storm, and that is eighty five percent of things that we worry about don't actually happen. Yeah, so when I heard that statue ites, I thought, well, fifteen percent chance it does. Though, well, I don't know if I like those odds for me. Do you know what? It's ruined this sort of stuff. It's ruined a lot of good things that I've happened in my life, because all of the good things that I've done throughout the whole time. While I was it was happening, I was thinking what could go wrong, and I was thinking about absolutely the negative thing that could come from that. And then you look back at it and go, oh gosh, I wish I just sat there and enjoyed the moment. Because kids growing up, they are only going to be this age, Onyn't It's such a beautiful age that Toddler's into during your primus called et cetera. And I'm worried about work. I'm worried about all these things that I can can't control, and I know that I will look back and go, God, I wish I just lived in the moment. Yeah, but it's easy said than done because I can't turn it off.
Speaker 2: So can I ask?
Speaker 3: When did you realize that this just wasn't like general worry, that this anxiety was an actual problem.
Speaker 4: I think I understood more when I was given some information that it's not normal. It's not normal to so many nights a week sit there throughout the night worrying about stuff, particularly that you can't control. The other thing as well is the physical symptoms, which you probably don't notice until you get older in life, and they can potentially affect you. But one for me is I get spots of alopecia. Yeah, so I get so when I'm really really stressed. The worst I've had, I have like three sort of spots and the sort of twenty cent pieces, that's how big they get. I've got one right now, so it's on the side of my head. And that is purely like I've seen a specialist about that, and that is purely stress related. Yeah, right, and it's delayed as well. So if I'm stressed really badly for a good cut the weeks, that'll come out and maybe in a month or so. So yeah, sometimes I can convince myself that everything's good and everything's fine, I'm not stressed, but then sudden I've got these patches in my head and You're like, well, the physical signs are there.
Speaker 3: So I mean, have you spoken to anyone have you tried to get to the root cause of the issue.
Speaker 4: Not professionally, but I think that's definitely something worth exploring because it could be what we get on discovering is there's sometimes a deep root problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We all have childhood trauma.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so whether it's childhood trauma it's a way that you build, or it's trauma yeah, or adult trauma. So I'd be absolutely open to seeing a specialist because I can mention it's not a good way to live. Yeah, you're stressing about what can go wrong instead of enjoying the good things. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you, I've never met anyone who's gone to a counselor or a psychologist and regretted it.
Speaker 4: Produced My The.
Speaker 6: Scariest thing sometimes is actually realizing that you might need to talk to someone or hey, I might need some help. So I think for anyone listening more for you, hazy, just having this conversation right now and going, hey, this isn't quite right. The scary part's already done now, Like that's the most vulnerable you can be is realizing within yourself, hey, something's going to change here and be all right now, how do I go about that?
Speaker 2: From here? It only gets so much easier. So just thank you so much for sharing that with us.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the best thing about twenty twenty five right now is that, particularly for blokes, it does feel like it's a safer space. Now. There's less judgment. There's no like the whole man up thing, oh gross and balls kind of thing that I don't think that really exists anymore, which is actually really really good. A lot boks can be vulnerable, now, do you feel that? Like, and particularly and my wife wants me to talk more and more because what happens is I'll say nothing, I'll say nothing, I'll say nothing, and then all of a sudden it's unload for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And also what you're doing for young kids now, because you mentioned, you know, the version of being a man. What's being sold online about what it is to be a man at the moment is so toxic and anyone who's watching adolescents at the minute will understand that this is a real issue for young boys as well.
Speaker 2: So thank you for speaking up. I think it's really important.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten, we'd love to hear from you one. Do you suffer from anxiety? How do you deal with it? And can we just openly talk about this in this space anxiety.
Speaker 3: We're having the discussion online dating, overuse of social media, working from home, cost to living, pressures, it can all contribute to you feeling anxious, and we would love to hear from you this morning. On thirteen twenty four Tenzy, it's a.
Speaker 7: Favorite only on.
Speaker 4: Top a twenty nine degrees across Adelade. Today it is Jodie Hazy and we've pivoted in a bit more of a serious direction, Joe's. We are talking about anxiety, and in particular, I've shared with you my relationship with anxiety, which is, like to put it bluntly, it's unhealthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I'll give you an example of your anxiety at the moment. We're doing this breakfas show that we love you and I love working together, we love talking to the people of Adelaide.
Speaker 2: It is what you have worked the better part of a decade for.
Speaker 4: So just to jump on that. It was literally my drain to work, not just breakfast rate of it and over I started it and over and then you sort of readjust yourselves because and you go to different markets and you think, oh, which is made with the dreams just through Breakfast Rader. But as it turned out, it's heres.
Speaker 2: So you should be enjoying You should be enjoying it.
Speaker 3: And the amount of times I've had to say to you, can you adjus relax and be in the moment, because in your mind you'll go down the rabbit hole and think, oh, it's all going to end tomorrow. Yeah, it will all end tomorrow. It's not going to it's going really well to choose.
Speaker 2: That, by the way, yeah, it would be weird.
Speaker 4: Let us see out of the week. Please, that's quite seriously, That's how my brain's built. And it's an issue with me because all the good things I've done in my life, I haven't been able to enjoy no, because I've been sitting up and cooking up situations where what's the most negative think could happen. It hasn't happened. And that's the statistic. Eighty five percent of the things we worry about don't happen. But anxiety is cheer to trick you. One is so powerful.
Speaker 3: We sit here, you idiot, for three hours every morning, and we laugh at each other.
Speaker 2: We genuinely make each other laugh, like just enjoy it. Can you please?
Speaker 3: We are talking anxiety this morning on thirteen, twenty four ten. Thank you so much for all the calls that we've been inundated with. Let's get a wade from allenby Gardens. Good morning, Wade, Good morning, How are you good?
Speaker 2: Good? Did that hit a nerve?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 14: Yeah, so it certainly did. I've stuffered anxieties that are for the best part of my life. I only realized only I guess I had it to the diagnosed about two and a half years ago. My last that came to a head. I had a breakup and then my mom passed away shortly after, and everything sort of spiraled and it exacerbated what I was dealing with. But when I went and saw a psychologist for a while and What came out of that was that I'd actually been suffering since I was probably about seven or eight years old. Yeah, put into situations where I was expected to talk to these people that were inverted Commas family, but I didn't know them because I've grown up in a different state. And yeah, now even now, I still do suffer a little bit, but I'm managed it a lot better. I sometimes have anxiety attacks at work, and I find myself controlling things that I can control, like I clean up my till I turn all the notes around the same way, and it just diverts my brain away from the things that, like as Hazey was saying, the things that I can't control. But yeah, it's very weird. The weirdest part about it was that when I when I was in the depths of suffering from it, I would find that I would make fans with people, and then last minute I'd just cancer. I just couldn't I couldn't deal. Yeah, But then once I sort of started kind of getting a better handle on it with the psychologist, and I saw this wonderful woman. I don't know if I can say her name at all, definitely Susan Lister. She's a she's a holistic counselor and I've seen her. I saw her for quite a time after the psychologist, and once I sort of started getting a handle on it, I found that being out with people that you know, friends and stuff actually helped. Even though I couldn't get myself to that point at one stage, once I could, I found that was actually helpful, because so there's that sort of interaction in that connection with people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's well said, first of all, Wait, but you know it's funny because what I took from that as well is that if you've been suffering this from such a young age you said sort of seven or eight, I sort of feel like we grew up and we were told and we are that we're in the lucky country. So no one has the right to be worried about anything because we grew up in Australia. And I'm not saying that, you know, we should be upset, because that is true to a degree, but also like you can't sort of pick and choose some of these things, particularly when it comes to mental health. So just dismissing it and saying, well, you don't have the right to be upset about anything, it's not going to fix anything.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, and what does fix things is going to speak to someone about it, as Wage just.
Speaker 4: Said, then one hundred percent and others services available Lifeline, beyond Blue Headspace, they're all excellent organizations. Can we take some more calls? This is really particularly for someone like Way. Congratulations to him for talking up as a bloke. Blokes do not speak well and enough as women do. It's as simple as that. If you want to get involved with this, please give us call. Thirteen twenty fourteen, we're talking about anxiety and how it affects you, and we are taking a bit of a a more serious for it. This morning. We're talking about anxiety Joe's because it's something which is I mean, it's everywhere across this country. More and more we're seeing some alarming statistics, particularly involving gen Zettas. But it's something as well that we feel like we're heading in the right direction with when it comes to communication and things like that, particularly with blokes. We've spoken about it for about twenty five minutes and if you have been listening and it strikes a cord for you in any sort of space, there's services available. We're talking Lifeline beyond blue headspace, but more importantly just for to spark a conversation, because that's the first step, particularly as a bloke. We don't communicate as well as women. Very very simple stuff to start a conversation for blokes, that's really really important. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and we are taking your calls this morning on thirteen twenty four ten. Let's go to Amber from Huntfield Heights.
Speaker 4: Ammer.
Speaker 2: You're a little anxious bunny, are you.
Speaker 1: Not me?
Speaker 10: Necessarily, my husband suffered from pretty badly a few years ago, which was quite scary. I've suffered from depression, so I knew that it wasn't the end of the world in the sense that it would pass. And yeah, we've got some help and he's doing much better now. Yeah, but I've gone on a bit of an interesting journey myself. I'm currently studying to be an EFT practitioner. I don't know if you've heard of AFT I have, Yeah, yeah, And that is brilliant for anxiety because it brings you out of the fight and flight and puts you straight into like you regulate your nervous system just by simply tapping on the ex pressure points on your body. You can say you can say things as you do it, like actual negative things, which seems that counterintuitive, but it works. Or you can just tap on if you're really stressed, just tap on the certain points and we will just bring you back to regulation. And I've done some taps on people and brought them back from some pretty crazy anxiety stresses in their life, and they just see the other side of it, like the good in it. Like you'll be about your job hazy, you know, you'll be like all these things, it could go wrong, and then you're like, but hey, actually it's good, Like there is good in it.
Speaker 4: That's the dream to look at situations and find the positive instead of our brain's naturally trying to scan things so negative and concentrate on that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it can be done very fast, within an hour. You could be positive about your job permanently.
Speaker 2: And could you spend some time with my good friend, I certainly could.
Speaker 10: I am training. I need fifty free clients.
Speaker 4: So fantastic call from Amber so ef T as well. It stands for emotional freedom techniques. Yeah, so something that's foreign to mate. Well, certainly learning in the space do something's very very useful.
Speaker 3: Do you get that panicky sort of fight or flight response. Do you get that ever?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's okay, mate, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just asking good to acknowledge. All right, let's go to Colin from Happy Valley. Good morning Colin, Good morning Andrews.
Speaker 11: Jodi, here you go, th me.
Speaker 3: Very well, thank you. What's been your experience with anxiety and depression?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well, I had both of those, and it was essentially from abusive childhood emotionally and physically. But I also suffer from delayed intelligence. So only on reflection can I say that physical involvement in martial arts really quilled both depression and anxiety for a good term and got me through it in quite a constructive way. And when I could no longer be highly physical physically involved, I went on to personal development and embarked on acquiring six diplomas. So while my mind was busy in the study and that again it put the anxiety and depression to the background. But I've also consulted with psychiatrists and psychologists. None of the cocktails of medications seem to work. And I've had all two electroconvulsive therapy programs, and one of those, the bilateral ones, seemed to be effective in diminishing the depression. I still see a psychologist on a regular basis and find that both mindfulness and act or acceptance commitment therapy are very.
Speaker 4: Beneficial, outstanding. Thank you so much for sharing that, Colin, because there's just so many different methods, yeah, to try and deal.
Speaker 3: You've got to find the one that's right for you, well, that works for you. Also, I cannot stress this enough communicate. You have to talk about this stuff. That's the only way it's going to get better. So Lifeline thirteen eleven fourteen is the number there beyond blue amazing amazing things at your disposal there and Headspace as well. Thank you so much to everyone who opened up. And it's not easy to be open and honest.
Speaker 4: And on the radio one hundred percent so we can take some more course next thirteen and twenty fourteen, we're talking all things anxiety, how you deal with it and the effects that it has on you. I need to know, I need to know now, I need to know.
Speaker 11: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know what's in the news today to know.
Speaker 2: This is what you need to know.
Speaker 8: You know what you need to know?
Speaker 1: With Jody and Hazy pitch.
Speaker 2: Invaders, Why why what I get?
Speaker 4: I get it's worth it anymore.
Speaker 3: I care that people go and have a skin fall and think it's a good idea for whatever reason. But for goodness sake, it's trust not you're going to get yourself banned for three years, which is what this bloke did when he ran across Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: Not once but twice.
Speaker 3: So he only captured the attention of security on his second run too, So he was he went at halftime during the Yours kick kids, and then he went again and got hip and shouldered pretty fiercely.
Speaker 4: You have to say, yeah he did. He really He sort of fell into the security guard. So that was just a beautiful collision. But that's what you kind of expect, and that's what's happening now. When you see a pitching bat, you're like, oh, someone nail him. Yeah, that's feeling.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I feel like. That's how it should end for.
Speaker 4: These play yea was the last remember keys? He got that guy?
Speaker 3: Oh Ben Keys And my favorite one of all time was Andrew Simons when that guy ran onto it was at the Gabba.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he set the time. So the great Andrew Simon set the tone back in the day. There will never be another on field hip and shoulder moment between an athlete and a spectator like that.
Speaker 3: Ever again it was, And I wonder what they what do they tell the players hazy, like, if there's a pitch invader?
Speaker 2: Did they tell of players to leave this, stay out of it?
Speaker 3: Because I guess if you feel like your teammates under threat, you're going to go them.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm saying, you know, I might get the words wrong here, so I've probably just some research after got to air never good idea. Was it Bruce Reid or someone back in the day, someone one of the international creakers I'm sure was Bruce Reid tried to tackle a pitch invader and dissiccated his shoulder. Maybe, So that is the worst possible scenario.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're telling this potentially non factual story. So I'm just going to let you tell it.
Speaker 4: How good's fact checking? After you've been on hair so good? That works, isn't it? Pitch bats, It's not going to work anymore? Just stop doing it. And also during an OZ kick.
Speaker 3: Games, Hey, what's the fine produced Molly?
Speaker 2: Do you know the fine for running onto adelaide?
Speaker 8: I think it's hefty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be a couple of grand it's thousands and thousands of dollars. Yeah, you do it again though, See I would. I'd be more than comfortable if you've got a life bound straight away. Yeah, three man's pretty leaning.
Speaker 3: Oh three DS is so leanient I reckon, you've never come back to the football again.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there you go. And Picture Vader is listening this morning. Sorry to burst your bove all. That's what you're waking if.
Speaker 2: You're thinking about it. It's not a good idea. It is simply not a good idea.
Speaker 4: Spider