Speaker 1: How are we only two episodes into the new season and I'm already pissed off to the point I'm coming on here to have a rant because that episode then episode two was well, it was fucked what they did to Katie, Like that was an entertainment that just kind of felt cruel and like, you know, the producers could say, oh, we didn't know how Tim would react to her, but they did the amount of research that goes into looking at all the exes who the day, what the type is. They knew from the start that they would not like a woman like Katie, and they just built her up to fail. And I knew that was coming watching it because the amount of times in her interviews and boxes she spoke about her insecurities about being body shamed in the past by partners, about never feeling good enough. Like they hyped up so much that we all knew where that was going.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to this.
Speaker 1: This is her like talking to Alessandra before she got married.
Speaker 3: Coming into this, I'm actually like super terrified, like definitely scared of being rejected. I'm used to just people like not being attracted to me. I know, I'm not like perfect in comparison to like a victorious secret supermodel anything like that. But I have a very distinct memory of being in a pool in a bikini with family and friends, and my ex was there looking down on me and asking me like can I lose some weight? Oh my god? Yeah? And then I was I really felt like so destroyed and so ashamed. I was not getting out of that pool.
Speaker 2: I was to say that you, with all your curves and all your all of you is not perfectly sexy and beautiful.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you know how production on these shows work, but they kind of find out like an insecurity like that, and they just run with it. Then may you keep talking about it? They dig deeper, they they bring it to the surface to the point you're so vulnerable and emotional.
Speaker 2: And then they gave a guy who.
Speaker 1: Was never gonna be attracted to her, and they knew that from the start, and they would have seen all of his exes on socials and whatever. Take a listen to this. So what she walks down the aisle, she's very excited. Then you know, they have the ceremony and then they pull him aside. And then Tim's initial reaction is this this is what he says to the producers.
Speaker 3: New bride Katie is unaware that her husband Tim has been in two minds about making an abrupt exit because.
Speaker 1: Of his lack of physical attraction to his new wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no one type that I have, but I was thinking i'd be I'm not sure, with more of a shorter woman or but yeah, she's this. She's definitely beautiful, but just different to what I would normally go.
Speaker 5: Trying to water towards my camera over here, I normally.
Speaker 4: Go just short cetat normally go blonde. Yeah, I don't know. It's not like I'm like, oh, what are the skinny But it's not.
Speaker 1: That I feel like you get two types of person that goes and married at first sight.
Speaker 2: You get the kind of genuine every.
Speaker 1: Day ones like Katie who do want help finding love, they want their perfect match, they want to believe the fairy tale, and they are kind of well insecure, they're vulnerable there, they're kind of at risk of being hurt. And then the other type of person is kind of the influencer type, the fame hungry, the ones who are ready to do anything for the drama, for the storylines, for the headlines and like we like them, we need to have the balance because they make the show entertaining, and in all honesty, producers go wild manipu let them do whatever like because they at the end of the day want the hectic storylines, so fucking throw them under the bus, do a plot twist me them.
Speaker 2: But with people like Katie, who.
Speaker 1: You can see are fucking just so actually sweet and carrying, I don't know, this is just it didn't feel it didn't feel right, And if you want to spoil it, if you're wondering what happens next for them.
Speaker 2: It isn't pretty. Like it's just gonna get worse for her.
Speaker 1: And I would also like to personally apologize to Katie because like a week after the wedding, once they'd done the honeymoon, as of the couples moved in together into the building the Aarle kind of have apartments in she.
Speaker 2: Was the only bride who arrived alone, and I was there, I was outside.
Speaker 1: I was kind of doing my thing, making stupid tiktoks, and obviously I had no context. I knew her name, but I didn't know the storylines. I didn't know where her husband was, so I'm kind of just being like the usual dickhead shouting stupid things.
Speaker 2: So have a listen to this. Hey, Kate, you where's your husbord? Well, she's on her own. I meant to be moving in together. No, I'm not being made I'm just wondering now.
Speaker 1: I just feel like kind of as dirty as the producers, Like I was kind of part of making her feel worse, which I don't know. That's never really my intention with my content. Like I like to have fun, and yeah, sometimes I can get carried away, And in that moment, I was just like, Oh, here's a bride arriving alone. Is the drama where he's a husband? Does he run away?
Speaker 2: Like? Are they breaking up? Are they so together?
Speaker 1: They get into a new groom, Like I had no context, So I'm just kind of like having a laugh with it outside as producers make a film, take after take after take after take, wheeling.
Speaker 2: His suitcases down the street alone.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I Katie, if you listen, I would like to apologize for that.
Speaker 2: And if you want a spoiler of what.
Speaker 1: Happens between them, I mean, I think we can all tell it's not gonna last.
Speaker 2: And what I've been told is like.
Speaker 1: At the first Dinner Pie, he does not come out of it well, like the the cast kind of go at him, some of the guys go at him.
Speaker 2: They accused him of like gaslighting.
Speaker 1: Her, and ever since then he's basically said nat a Channel nine and wants nothing to do with the show, which you'll even notice from like the official cast pictures. He's one of the only ones who wasn't there for the photo shoot. And the picture they have of him is just like as still they took at the wedding. That's why it looks different because it's not a professional shot. He's gonna copy it And is that right? I don't know, because if he told the producers before he has a very specific type and then they give him the opposite of that, then they've also set him up to be hated. And that's the thing about this show. Like we all watched the episode and we're all getting right up, like what a fucking dickhead, Like he's me and he's cruel. She deserves better, and she does deserve better, but maybe he deserved like not to be set up to How are we two episodes in and I'm already like having this fucking internal battle with myself in Happy and News, though episode two also featured Dave and Jamie, who seemed like a genuine match. He's about twenty feet tall and you'd look at him and probably think, ah, what a fuck boy, but is actually kind of like a gentle giant. And he got quite emotional during his ceremony at the little party afterwards and did this speech.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to.
Speaker 5: My dad and stepmother, who unfortunately can't be here today. I've been alongside my dad helping with cancer for the last four years since his diagnosis. With that not being here today, I realized even more how important he is. Dad means the world to me. He's raised me to be this big, kind gentlemen you see today Jamie's mother and father. I want you to find company in the fact. I'll give you my word that I'll be the man my father raised me to be. Treat your beautiful daughter the way she deserves.
Speaker 1: And dare I say it, but I'm kind of hopeful for these two. They just seem kind of cute and maybe after the shit show with Tim and Katie like, we need a bit of joy. Before I wrap this, I would like to say once again, Katie, I am sorry because I do actually feel like a dickhead for just shouting at you on the street like usually are. This stuff's fun and games, but that one not not so fun, not my proudest moment. Yeah, and I hope you're doing well now and you find someone who appreciates you, who you deserve, because you deserve someone great and you're a fucking queen.