Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on No.
Speaker 2: One hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everybody, and hey, hey, hey, happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: It is going to be a good day. In fact, it's going to be a magnificent day.
Speaker 1: Today is its Yes?
Speaker 5: And then what's happening tonight? Nothing but.
Speaker 1: Jelly roll night baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's jelly day now.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was on the treadmill at the gym and I had my ear pods in and I was banging out some jelly rollers. I was banging out some cas and I was singing as I was running. And then I had a moment where I was like, I took one headphone out and I was like, oh my god, I've fully been singing out loud and it's very quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: Was very so tonight is Nova's Red Room with a great jelly roll.
Speaker 5: It's happening at the sp Hey, we got finally to go. This is it?
Speaker 1: Crazy run out, crazy great, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: What was the incline you were running on?
Speaker 4: I was I was walking on well, I was walking on a ten and running on an eight incline?
Speaker 5: Can you do a deeper calves? You can? You can?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Walking down Hell was actually heart that's your knees, I find.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I went for a little run yesterday.
Speaker 1: You know what it was running weather.
Speaker 5: You know how you don't like adults doing athletic style.
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, no, not no sprints?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I was doing sprints.
Speaker 1: Good for you?
Speaker 5: Is that embarrassing?
Speaker 1: Gets where? It's actually? I know where you were? Was it the dog park?
Speaker 5: Was there anyone with it?
Speaker 3: Doubles as a cricket ground, but it is very doggy. Maybe I'll come down. We'll get one of those little metal poles and do it like a relay team.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, running is great for exercise.
Speaker 4: It's like it's grown adults that are competing in long jump on a Saturday that I'm.
Speaker 3: Honest question at the AIRPORTO, do you use the little flat traveler every now?
Speaker 6: Walk?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I'm the same, I'm a walker, yeah, every now and then. It depends on mood.
Speaker 1: It's a really mood thing.
Speaker 5: If you're on it, you need to still walk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree with you. Yeah, yeah, you can't be stopping to speed up there exactly.
Speaker 4: It's not just what about when you walk and then there's a whole family that just stopped. I came almost to be faster and now I'm slower. Yes, it's faster to walk.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, So look we got the great Jelly Roll final invites up for grabs this morning. We had a lot going on today. We're gearing up for Halloween. It was a spectacle in my house yesterday. How's actually can we get a weather check?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Raining tomorrow for Halloween Melbourne. It's going to be a top of twenty one degrees between one and ten millimeters of rain. High chance of showers, most likely in the morning and something the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Chance thunderstorm. And that's great. A lightning Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Not when they're trick or treating. Why, well, they could get zapped. Well, we don't know. I've got an issue.
Speaker 1: Thunder if it was dry with thumber.
Speaker 7: No costumes involving metal poles. Can we talk costumes later Halloween?
Speaker 5: W Yeah? Oh yes, yearly, only a third of mine has arrived.
Speaker 3: I'm really hoping it's not the pants I'm missing.
Speaker 5: There's nothing down below that's arrived.
Speaker 3: Okay, we will talk about this later on in the show. It's great take the create to kick things off. Hey, last night we all went out and I realized people of Melbourne actually have a life on a Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: I was socially excited morning Melbourne.
Speaker 3: This is no over one hundred your chance to go on the running too. An a family holiday overseas coming up in the next few minutes, and this is only going to have five people in the draw.
Speaker 5: We're giving it away tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We are I'd like to be in so right now, that's where the holiday is, the island holiday goes.
Speaker 5: We are little little midweek night out. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We had worked dinner last night, which is Jace's worst night man when he only knows three people himself. Cling to myself and we all got put on separate tables. The anxiety on.
Speaker 1: His face when he realized that he had to sit with strangers.
Speaker 5: But I met some new friends.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 5: It was a great crew.
Speaker 1: Never put on this great dinner. It was fun. I loved it. We met some great people.
Speaker 5: We did. I charged a couple of margaritas to your table.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that, No problem. I charged it back to the other table.
Speaker 5: That's my girl.
Speaker 1: I was having like to martinis and not one. I was like, I'm gonna like to anyway anyone on my table, let's go.
Speaker 5: I saw one arrive on my table.
Speaker 1: I got you one. Yeah, well, I said, I said to the girls who wants to lie too much?
Speaker 5: Tenie squeaz for my girlfriend over there.
Speaker 4: I actually said to the way to just drop it to my girlfriend over there in the blue shirt.
Speaker 3: And then it was when we were leaving the restaurant and we're walk into the floor of Crown.
Speaker 5: Yeah on the shirt yesterday.
Speaker 7: Oh hang on, do we discuss that you need to It's like a It's like a band aid that needs.
Speaker 5: To come off.
Speaker 1: So we dressed up a little bit and Jase goes, hang up, can.
Speaker 3: I just set the scene. I'm getting ready, kids are getting home from school. I'm racing around everywhere doing what like helping get dinners ready.
Speaker 4: And then the last thing you do before you got the door normally is put your clean white shirt on because you're going for dinner.
Speaker 1: Not Chase.
Speaker 4: He wore a car shirt and then changed it into his dinner shirt in the restaurant Crown when he got there, and then he put his car shirt in the room because he didn't want to get sweaty.
Speaker 1: In the car.
Speaker 5: He said, it's too.
Speaker 1: He wasn't driving. He was a passenger in a chaff in a chap for driven.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. It was whatever turns up. I was waiting. I was looking for a chem.
Speaker 1: Driven car.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I did like I went to all the trouble of finding my shirt. I didn't want to get an a No, he were his car shirt.
Speaker 4: And then he changed into his dinner shirt, and he was like, what do I do with my car shirt?
Speaker 1: Because he was carrying it around?
Speaker 5: Left it with your driver.
Speaker 1: It was his chow for driver.
Speaker 4: No. So then in the restaurant he gave it to clean, made clean's problem clean out to put in the cloak room.
Speaker 1: Could I cloak this one car T shirt?
Speaker 5: What did you say to it? What did you just walk over and put on? I just clocked it myself too embarrassed.
Speaker 1: And then do you know what he is? He threw it in the bin.
Speaker 5: Take it stranger.
Speaker 1: He threw his car.
Speaker 5: There was an old shirt.
Speaker 3: He has so many it was an old shirt just for the car.
Speaker 7: Anyway, So as we were spilling out of Nobo Collected, which is just a bit too bit too swanky for me.
Speaker 5: We're more of a food court family.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys are so full of it. Listen to you trying to be a man of the people.
Speaker 5: That little noodle place in.
Speaker 1: The Leamon chicken Lemon, give you a peek behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: I am allergic to shellfish, so there was there were some prawns and some other things which I couldn't have, and so they bought me the black cod, which is a fancy dish on the Nobu menu, which wasn't on our set menu.
Speaker 5: Never had.
Speaker 7: And j.
Speaker 4: Threw his toys out of the cot and made someone go and order him an extra one.
Speaker 1: That is because I have allergies.
Speaker 4: And next minute he had he had all the things and then demanded a.
Speaker 5: Black I didn't demand.
Speaker 1: He sat there and went, where's my cod? Where my black cod?
Speaker 5: I will change back into my car shirt and I will leave.
Speaker 4: So he's not a noodle box in the food cot. Guy, he's tricking you all.
Speaker 5: But we do love noodle.
Speaker 7: Sat especially the Sartae chicken is glorious. Now just quickly so you were going to say they were amazed at the crowd.
Speaker 5: Mate.
Speaker 3: We went out to the foyard and I think of us were like, look at all these people out on a Wednesday.
Speaker 4: We went to the in the game, I was like Clint, I didn't bring an ID.
Speaker 1: They're going to ask me for an ID.
Speaker 5: I burst out laughing.
Speaker 4: So I'll be chuffed if they asked me Friday. And he just waved me through like an old woman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your daughter's in there dark. I look for and one songs are they playing?
Speaker 4: Oh? There was a DJ on the gaming floor a Crown last night and he was playing I don't like cricket?
Speaker 5: Hey, Oh no, I love it?
Speaker 1: Heyner is a DJ Scanner.
Speaker 5: Be So it was fun little night, and then tonight we got jelly roll.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, guys, we are living large.
Speaker 3: We are living I don't need to sleep. I need another cash.
Speaker 1: We need to sleep. We're too old for this stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't worry. Come Friday, we won't leave the house again.
Speaker 5: For another year.
Speaker 1: It's twenty four degrees today. You're going to have to pack the cars.
Speaker 5: Ship isn't it's going to fit in there? Should we get it? Noodle box to lunch?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, Discover Beautiful Sound. But on the island of Borneo were luxury.
Speaker 4: Adventure and serenity meats like Royal Brunette Airlines.
Speaker 1: Book Now, Jason Lawrence, K you're flash.
Speaker 3: There we go Little Island Holiday up for grabs. Guys, this goes off tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, how good fantastic short chart competition.
Speaker 3: So I only five people in the running, that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: That's dark on.
Speaker 3: But well it's a very complicated process. What happens is we print the names on bits of paper and put it in a hat.
Speaker 1: Two are we drawing it out of that?
Speaker 3: And then we pull that bit of paper out of the hat and whatever name is on the paper when an overseas holiday?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 1: Do you wear high tech here?
Speaker 5: Any questions about the process? Is the audicaba the person who owns a hat, So that would be me.
Speaker 4: Well, you're both doing out who's pulling the paper out of the hat?
Speaker 5: You know what, let's not reveal everything today and ruin the surprises.
Speaker 4: Okay, Rice for all of us, all right, I know how these part works.
Speaker 1: Though it is time to pack our bags. Clink. You and I going ahead today representing a listener.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm sorry, but Reese, good morning, good morning, clean? How many times you've been back? Now?
Speaker 7: He's he's not the garry of a chair needs to carry.
Speaker 4: He keeps getting extra turns. God to laugh If Reese's name gets pulled out that tomorrow. All right, Rees, Cleans is representing you and he's playing against me. Who's representing Helen from Hillsville?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Helen, Helen morning.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 1: How badly do you need an island holiday?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'd be lovely right now?
Speaker 1: With this weather, it's actually going to be quite a nice day, all right, guys.
Speaker 3: Rules are simple. It's a memory style game. You each pack something in the suitcase. You have to repeat what the other person packed and then add an extra I.
Speaker 7: Did ask Lauren to rig it so that I win and competitive like you're even struggling with that sentence, to be honest, are you reading that point.
Speaker 5: For I'm trying to remember? Okay, who's going first?
Speaker 1: Ladies. First, I'm going on a holiday and I'm packing my bathers.
Speaker 5: I'm going on a holiday. I'm packing my bather's in a cricket set.
Speaker 4: I'm going on a holiday and I'm packing my bath. There's a cricket set and a sarong.
Speaker 5: Oh wrong, I'm going on a holiday. I'm packing my bathers, a cricket set, my soarrong and zinc.
Speaker 4: I'm going on a holiday and I'm packing my bathe's a cricket set, my soarrong, zinc and my archie songs.
Speaker 7: Wow, Archie songs. I'm going Lasterday. I'm packing my bathers, a cricket set, my sarrong. I'm also packing my zinc. I'm packing my archie thongs, and I think I might take a raincoat with me as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I'm also going on a holiday, would you believe?
Speaker 4: And I'm packing my babies, a cricket set, arong, some zinc, my archie thongs, and would you believe? I'm also packing a raincoat. And I am packing my wide brim hat, wow.
Speaker 5: Wide hat.
Speaker 7: I'm going on holiday. I'm taking my bathers, a cricket set. I'm also taking a serong, I'm taking some zinc. I'm also taking archie thongs. I'm also taking a raincoat. I'm also taking a wide and I'm taking a really big country road.
Speaker 5: Town.
Speaker 4: Come on, I'm going on a holiday and I'm packing a cricket set, and I'm stop throwing me off. I pack a cricket set, and I am packing a sarong, and I'm packing zinc, and I'm packing my Archie stongs. And I'm packing a raincoat, and I'm packing a wide brim hat. And I am also packing.
Speaker 1: A large country road tower, and I am packing my water bottle.
Speaker 5: Are you going? I think we're gonna need more more.
Speaker 1: Bags on counting on you?
Speaker 5: Okay, he's got this race.
Speaker 7: I'm going on a holiday. I'm taking my bathers. I'm taking a cricket set. I'm taking a srong as well. I probably won't need one, but i'll take it anyway. I'm gonna take some zinc. I'm gonna take archie songs. I'm also going to take a raincoat just in case it rains. I'll probably pack a wide brim hat, a country road tower.
Speaker 5: Well, uh is that right?
Speaker 1: Keep going?
Speaker 5: What else? It was a country Yeah? I did? And come on, Buzzy about three water know what do you mean? I'm also going to take some fake tan.
Speaker 3: He's Helen.
Speaker 4: We're going on holiday and I'm packing, oh no, my bathes, a cricket set, a strong, some zinc, my archie songs, a raincoat, a wide brim hat. I'm packing a large country road how, I'm packing a water bottle, and I am packing some fake tan.
Speaker 1: And I'm also going to pack my keep cup.
Speaker 5: Clint in all those years, I've drunk too much alcohol. I'm going on a holiday.
Speaker 7: I'm going to pack my bait. There's a cricket set as a wrong. I'm also going to pack ship.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Oh no, was this my.
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 5: I got there zinc a wide brim hat?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 1: I think it was my Archie songs?
Speaker 5: Wasn't it that came next?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, yeah, yeah, yeah, kick.
Speaker 5: He must I'm done.
Speaker 1: We did Hey, hell, good job? That was good, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: Hey? Race?
Speaker 7: Not your day bro again, I'm angry, just cle you couldn't remember all that?
Speaker 5: Hey, Reese, what are you doing tomorrow? You want to come from that?
Speaker 1: Clint, you did well, thanks Lauren as well as me. But you did well.
Speaker 10: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 3: Honestly, why we've got breakdowns at the Olympics. If you don't have that, I will never know.
Speaker 7: Hey, Jason, let's talk a bit of cricket because one of one of our greats joins us on the line. Mike Hussey with thanks to Cho Sports. Every T twenty series matches live and ad free or during play only on Fox. Cricket available on KO Sports mister cricket Mike Hussey, good morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good morning guys. Thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 5: This this will show how much you know about cricket. Mike.
Speaker 3: You're wearing the white, the beige, the ivory, the cream or the twelve Pan days.
Speaker 2: Oh bit of white and a bit of a bit of Cream's definitely no baige or anything like that, right, sure, that will leave that to Richie.
Speaker 7: I used to on the twelfth Years. It was like the soundtrack for the summer. Speaking of the summer, we saw the one day series. Now the t twenties are underway. The first match last night between into your Australia and then soon Mike, the ASHES first Test in Perth is coming up.
Speaker 5: I mean you pumped.
Speaker 7: It's something about facing England in our own backyard that gets a you know, gets.
Speaker 11: Us going, oh, without doubt.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the whole country, all the cricket followers are really excited about. I know the players will be excited as well. I mean, as a kid growing up that that's what you just dream of being involved in an ASHES series, whether it's.
Speaker 11: At home or away.
Speaker 2: There's there's so much history and tradition and hype you know, like just even walking around the streets, just tearing people talk about the ashes, and as a player, there's a bit of pressure because you're sort of you know, you're excited to be involved, but you also feel like you've got the responsibility of the whole country on your shoulders as well. There's a lot of people saying, can't lose to England. Whatever you do, do not lose to England. So it's going to be exciting. I mean, he want to bring a good team and the Aussies will be confident as well. We're hard to beat in our own own backyard.
Speaker 5: Hey Mike, what.
Speaker 3: About the handsome man that is Pat Cummings out? Is he going to be out for the whole series?
Speaker 11: I hope not.
Speaker 2: I mean they're talking a good game saying hopefully it's just the first Test match that you'll miss. I mean, I'm just sort of going to wait and see a little bit there. I'm a bit skeptical, I feel that though they're being very conservative with it, and rightly so. I mean, he's obviously one of our best and greatest assets really, so they won't play him unless he's like fully pretty much fully.
Speaker 9: Fit ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hope it's just the first Test, because he's such an important member of that team and the captain as well. So to lose the captain and your best bowler is not a great start for the Ausies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a bit of a worry the back injury. Okay, what about the Poms now they've been a bit slippy? Your old mate, Stuart Broad he reckons Australia is no good in fact, the worst Australian team we've sent that will come up against England, what fifteen years or so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Stewie Broad, I mean Stuart Board. He's just new to the media, so he's probably just trying to find his way get a few bigment out there. I don't think the players will be taking too much notice of that. I think what he's talking about is rubbish as well. I mean, like this Australian team has been a very very good team for a long long time, so to call him the worst in fifteen years, I think that's a little bit misguided.
Speaker 3: I love better throw in shade and so do I. Hey, Mike, we appreciate it. Every T twenty series matches live and ad break free during play only on Fox cricket available on KO Sports. Mike Cassie on the end of This is Morning enjoyed the cricket. Make guys, I've got some Actually just pause there for a sick Jeli xx. I just received some incredibly sad news I need to share with you.
Speaker 5: Got sad news.
Speaker 3: It's it's regarding the passing of something, someone or something something. This isn't in the log The oldest happened? The old school pickup line.
Speaker 1: Oh is it gone?
Speaker 5: It's a dying art. Yeah, it is a dying art.
Speaker 4: Gen z because people aren't going but pick up. A pickup line only works in real life. Everyone's on the apps now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably. Look we're going to dive into why it's a dying art coming up next. But I thought in tribute of the pickup line Dying Out thirteen twenty four to ten, I would like to hear from Trade's this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh only Trade is try and pick up Lauren.
Speaker 4: Oh brilliant, Come at me, Trady.
Speaker 1: I know cheesy. No, I like a good sense of humor, but nothing.
Speaker 5: Cheap at thirteen twenty fourteen, Best pick up.
Speaker 3: If you've got a cool pickup line, let's just do a hypothetical situation.
Speaker 1: Even calling it a cool pickup line that already.
Speaker 5: Gives me sexy thirteen, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: But it gave me the the way you've got your hands on your hips when you said it.
Speaker 3: You're in a bar, you see, Lars, what's the first thing you'd say? And you've got to be honest and go that would give me the ick or you know what, that woul probably work on me.
Speaker 1: Let's bring back the pickup line.
Speaker 5: You had your hair done? Yes, it was beautiful, Laurens.
Speaker 1: See that doesn't give me the thanks for noticing it's not.
Speaker 5: A pickup line, no, but you probably want to go to the salon with.
Speaker 4: Us love compliments, So that's a good start.
Speaker 5: Can I just check the tag on your shirt? I just want to see, okay, go go go go? Was it? I just want to check if it was made in Heaven?
Speaker 1: My shirt?
Speaker 5: Well? Were you close enough? Third e twenty four ten. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: If you pick up line works, We'll put you up with the pullman for a night on us. This is over one hundred. Look, this is talk to me. This is an ego check for Lauren.
Speaker 5: Hey, Lauren, do you play soccer?
Speaker 1: Soccer?
Speaker 5: No? Oh you sure, because you're a keeper.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that one.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 4: It's been quite certain times since I've heard a pickup line in general.
Speaker 3: So here's the thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. We want to do a hypothetical situation this morning.
Speaker 1: Give us a ring It might not be hypothetical.
Speaker 5: Tell us, well, tell.
Speaker 3: Us what line you would use on Lauren if you saw in a bar or a club.
Speaker 4: Or pickup line a girl in general.
Speaker 1: And I'll just play along.
Speaker 4: If I'm that you're chasing next, No one's ringing thirteen twenty four ten and loz if you go, you know what that would work on me.
Speaker 3: Then we have little staycations up for grabs. A night at the Pullman Melbourne City Center.
Speaker 1: I'm not staying with you, no, no, no, come from a.
Speaker 7: Location that would have been a nice little extra stay for the experience extra.
Speaker 3: Imagine like if there's a trading listening at the moment he's got a partner and he wins the staycation, and then the partner's like, how did you win this, babe?
Speaker 5: What just Lauren on the cup chair?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not coming for the stay.
Speaker 5: Well, it's funny you ask the chair over there.
Speaker 1: I just had to use the pickup and then they gave me the wrong ways. Chickens pick up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm not going to make you pick up one of these two wombats, but just throw it out there.
Speaker 1: And I'll have a listen.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, you make it good.
Speaker 1: If you want to pick up Clinton, yeah, give it.
Speaker 4: If you want to pick up Jason, I mean, just go and get your head right, you can give it right.
Speaker 3: Hello, Ray, Yeah, we're gonna right Clinton, and I'll sit out of this one.
Speaker 1: Hi, Ray, Hello, Lauren?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great.
Speaker 8: I've just fixed the telephone line.
Speaker 9: Is it almost to give you a call?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, that's what you're doing right now? Ray.
Speaker 9: They to get better than this, and I hope it gives more than three rings.
Speaker 1: Okay that that one's not working on me? Y? Is that the end of the right?
Speaker 8: No wonder?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right? You know what you're right? No wonder you're single. If that's your chat, we've got to work on that.
Speaker 1: We should we should try.
Speaker 5: We should open you should open a school. A school for pickup? Is my love flourishing.
Speaker 3: It self, indulgent. Welcome to the class, everyone.
Speaker 5: Pickup, Here we go, Here we go? How to dialogue?
Speaker 7: Morning Mo, Morning, morning Mo?
Speaker 5: Do you say yeah, take it away?
Speaker 12: My pick up line is, so did it hurt?
Speaker 9: Or does it hurt?
Speaker 1: Just what hurt when you fell from him?
Speaker 5: And obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes that I didn't like the delivery. We stumbled a bit, but I like the concept. Francis, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
Speaker 5: Francis, meet Lauren?
Speaker 1: Hello, frances Hi.
Speaker 9: So hypothetically walk up to the bar. I see you, Hi, Lauren? Are you from Nova?
Speaker 11: Because you're out of this world?
Speaker 1: Francis, Well, Francis, that one wouldn't know that. I didn't think that would Would that work for me?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not, but I like your confidence walking straight up to me at the bar.
Speaker 5: And you know what, he's still Martini.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Oh if you bought me a Lachi Martine, you wouldn't need to say anything.
Speaker 1: Let's try to stay care kidding.
Speaker 5: Liam, Come on, Liam, come on, you.
Speaker 9: Little a little Fridgie Tams refrigeration. So Los are you a magician? Because anytime I hear you on the radio, everyone else disappears.
Speaker 4: Slam yes, lamb, it's just the two of us, don't worry about.
Speaker 13: The I don't make a good cocktail with that too.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you can make a good cocktail with that?
Speaker 9: A jack of all trade? That's all I can say.
Speaker 1: Are you you a cocktail? Are you a cocktail waiter?
Speaker 14: Wine bark on?
Speaker 8: A barista?
Speaker 1: You name them wine bar all right? Liambs in the Lambs.
Speaker 5: Winning at the moment, at the moment.
Speaker 7: Person here we go, Emmett, take it away. You've got Lauren sitting here ready to be word in.
Speaker 1: A bar Hi, Emmett smooth, Hey guys, can you help me?
Speaker 5: I'm more?
Speaker 1: Oh where are you trying to get to? Emmett?
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 11: I'm most in your eyes.
Speaker 1: Getting a hot flush? Did I blush a little bit?
Speaker 4: Emmett?
Speaker 1: That was cute? Has that worked for you before?
Speaker 5: Emmett?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: No, I mean I've got a partner.
Speaker 4: Well you know what, Emmett, you and your partner deserve a little stay ca.
Speaker 1: That's not what made her fall in love with you though?
Speaker 14: No, probably not.
Speaker 4: Well they're saying, Emmett, what do you think they're saying? The pickup line is a dying craft.
Speaker 3: Probably, to be honest.
Speaker 5: I don't know a couple of blokes killed it just in the last three minutes.
Speaker 4: To be honest, favorite, I mean, I like, what was.
Speaker 5: Let's chuck emmett a little stay and missus.
Speaker 3: Okay, I enjoy a night a calm at the Pullman Melbourne City Center.
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 4: What about What about Ray, poor old Ray, old Ray who said, no wonder I'm single?
Speaker 1: Afraid to have a steak K? Give Ray a night out? Can you? We're getting a stay k for Ray?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What was I.
Speaker 1: Was raised pickup line about the telephone?
Speaker 5: I met three rings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't get I didn't get a three rings. And he just was so sad when he said, oh, no wonder I'm single.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not a confor.
Speaker 1: Go and enjoy the big king sized bed all to yourself.
Speaker 3: It is just gone seven o'clock this afternoon. The sun will be setting over since Kilda Beach. Jelly Row will take to Nova's Red Room and then tomorrow night here in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: The boys are here here.
Speaker 4: There's big spotts they have they have they're in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder what they do with their spare time. Oh they're doing on the Scenic Railroad down at the railway.
Speaker 1: I wonder who know? They're definitely not doing that.
Speaker 5: We see our operators, wouldn't they.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's the crown sniffing around last night we did not see.
Speaker 5: Lauren was playing the pokes. How would you like to win?
Speaker 3: Not just ticket Wednesday night for me, the IP tickets to see Oasis. We're going to get you inside a sweet All you have to do is sing for your seats.
Speaker 11: Nova, Where the hell am I ticket?
Speaker 14: Are they even?
Speaker 8: Mayl?
Speaker 11: Will they ever find me?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Nov?
Speaker 3: I want to see you. So here's the You have to write a song about why you want the tickets, But you can write the song to any tune, as we learned yesterday, I.
Speaker 1: How to crack yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's Friday night and I've got no plans.
Speaker 1: I want the tickets, but they're in your he.
Speaker 4: I want to see your Oasis here in Melbourne because I'm in the moon Florida and stunning scenes from me there? Col I mean it's pretty what?
Speaker 5: Sorry? It was great?
Speaker 1: So was terrible?
Speaker 5: Ordinary?
Speaker 4: Well? What exactly have you contributed to inspiring people in this competition?
Speaker 1: Clips?
Speaker 7: Well, I suggested you should you should sing the song to a more contemporary artist.
Speaker 1: Thirteen Could you do? What it's gonna write one.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, thirteen twenty four ten, play nice you too, if you can write.
Speaker 1: It, write one to actually, if you can.
Speaker 3: Write a song about why you want the VIP tickets to Oasis, call right now thirteen twenty four ten, is gonna get offloaded to double their way to get you inside the suite after Taylor.
Speaker 7: Oasis play live in twenty five, had Melbourne's Marvel Stadium, Solid.
Speaker 3: Salim Novoaus Red Room Tonight, Derby Day Saturday, and right bang in the middle of those two massive nights, here's the big one Oasis. Yeah, the boys are here and we can get you to Oasis. Not just standard tickets, the IP. We got the sweep and you can get in there. All you have to do is make up a song why you want the tickets. Our number is thirteen twenty four ten. Here we go, three people battling it out this morning. Best song wins the VIP tickets.
Speaker 1: Craig, good morning, Good morning. You've written a song for us.
Speaker 9: I have a song based on Chessy's Girl.
Speaker 4: Oh I love Jesse's Girl, right, good luck when you're ready.
Speaker 8: You know Jay's Laws and Clean well, you know they are good friends of mine. But lately something changed. That's hard to the fine norvous gott to waste the tickets and a lot of make it fine and we're singing our heart that loud and they're making their minds up.
Speaker 9: I just know it, and they.
Speaker 8: Hope their choice isn't based on my singing your loom. You know, I wish I was it always, Yes, Rama always.
Speaker 5: I love it how strong?
Speaker 3: I loved it song Craig, and I will say good song choice too.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I wish I was that always.
Speaker 5: It's very good. It is strong. Third twenty number to sing for your seats.
Speaker 1: All right. Our second competitor today is Kieren from Ivanhoe.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, Karen, Morning Gosh, you got the morning voice on Kieren.
Speaker 1: You're ready, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 9: Ready to smash it.
Speaker 1: What going to do?
Speaker 6: It's going to be.
Speaker 9: It's Jason's favorite song as well as mine. It's a Callywood fame song.
Speaker 15: Sing Brother singh Please let me go see away, Jason, Lauren, let me go.
Speaker 9: I sing their songs in the shell and all day long. I've never just chained them live, but I take my mom.
Speaker 4: To see them.
Speaker 9: She loves them as well as me, So please, Jason Lauren, let me go see them play at the at Marvels.
Speaker 1: Really run with the m c J. Well done. Kieren wants to take his mom to not the m c J to Marvel.
Speaker 5: I liked it, you know the bed at the end.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well who's who's the winner. So Craig ki.
Speaker 4: Ki, I got a soft spot for the you don't even know the words.
Speaker 5: Craggie boys, I do take my mom to a Ways.
Speaker 4: That's what you're going to sing next time, calling the twin Craigs in the in the lady with Jesse's going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I think I like taking his mom.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go, Hello, Irena.
Speaker 11: I like cleans for morning, good morning?
Speaker 5: What what are we singing? Two?
Speaker 14: What song singing?
Speaker 11: The first? Noel okay, first, there's no and they came Liam, they came from far and I can't wait to see him they go into Marvel stadiums with those songs there it can reach to your house.
Speaker 9: No and his.
Speaker 11: If I could win, tick cares, I won't sing again.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is it's very good. That is the very the first, no, very creative.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean we have to be someone. I think it's that hard. I've got a clear winner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I do too.
Speaker 1: I'm voting for.
Speaker 4: You arena and what about your boys?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You got ticket to yours?
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 5: What arena? I've always wanted to say this, like an X Factor judge. You got three? Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who are going to say?
Speaker 11: I don't know my daughter.
Speaker 1: I think that was great.
Speaker 5: Creativity that got me. But I mean.
Speaker 1: Great as well.
Speaker 5: Nice works, nice all three of them. But yeah, tickets to yours Olf Murrow.
Speaker 3: We have more to go, sink for your seat, so when you run at Oasis, see you on Nov.
Speaker 4: I was just saying that I have this new well it's sort of not really in o posession. I'm not meanings visits with it, but I'm finding myself watching the same video over and over again.
Speaker 1: Something has got stuck in my algorithm.
Speaker 4: Now, as you know, algorithms can be weird, and I don't know why they pick you, Like there was no rhyme or reason why I got lizards shedding their skin stuck in my algorithm for a good three months.
Speaker 1: You had that, didn't he that?
Speaker 5: For a month?
Speaker 3: That young kid walking up to rich people going how'd you make your money?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, you know, how'd you buy your car?
Speaker 4: Why why right, Why because I have no interesting lizends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and especially when they shed their skin and a little bit pops out of their nose.
Speaker 7: Moment is the one where he just goes up to roundom people on the street and starts speaking their language.
Speaker 5: Have you seen that one? He knows all of it.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the photographer travels the world taking photos of police?
Speaker 5: No, yes, hats and police about it? Yeah, he did it.
Speaker 3: He did it here in Melbourne. Actually take a couple of Melbourne cops. But he does it all around the world.
Speaker 1: No, I'd like that in my own rhythm.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: My latest one which I can't stop watching, it's going to come up on this. It's called uncutting, all right, Jason. So as you can see on the screen now you've got it, there's a countdown timer and it's uncutting things and you've got to guess what it was. What is that you reckon? It's a red onion, I reckon, that's I reckon. It's those hard boiled lollies might strike candy can so it starts backwards so that it's.
Speaker 1: Like a powder.
Speaker 5: I think it's a radish.
Speaker 1: And there's a reverse video of it being uncut.
Speaker 5: It's one of those candies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a candy light. We're watching it now.
Speaker 5: Candy cane.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's just a giant thing cut upopping board.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So they film it and then they put it in reverse and and you've got to see what time you guess it?
Speaker 1: What is that? It's a candy cane. Yeah, you're right, you're good at that.
Speaker 5: How long do you spend during the day watching these videos?
Speaker 4: Well, they go for about twenty seconds and then I'll scroll to the next one for a twenty second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're very good. There is a candy can, handy cane.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And they do all sorts of things and sometimes it ends up in.
Speaker 1: Mush Clint Clint, Clint loves it. Clint sent to me yesterday, Lauren, have you seen these uncutting videos? And I was like, yes, Clint, because you and I'm the same person.
Speaker 3: Have you ever just opened up Instagram? So you just open it up and then you go to the little gloves, hang.
Speaker 5: On, let me do it? What so down the lot of fitness stuff open?
Speaker 1: Just my sound was up. It was on funny video. Shouldn't be watching it?
Speaker 6: Work? Yep.
Speaker 3: Magnifying glass yep, and then that gives you an idea of what you've been watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm getting a lot of pressure points in people's feet. Yeah right, This like scraping of the soul of your feet to try and alleviate straight. What have you?
Speaker 5: I said? A lady, who's who's sleeping in a plan?
Speaker 1: Sorry? What do you mean in a plan?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 7: She's sleeping in all these different Look you're sleeping in toasted marshmallow.
Speaker 1: You're cooked, Clint, I've seen that one before you go. It says which which one would you like to sleep? And if you went to college?
Speaker 4: No, I also I get in my algorithm. I've got a lot of dogs in pajamas going to bed.
Speaker 3: I've got three kids I'm dealing with. I don't know how on earth you have the time to just sit there and scroll and play these games.
Speaker 4: Three kids at school, You leave at ten am, and you do nothing else throughout the day. You don't even have a hobby, and you're not scrolling. Telling me you're not scroll what's in your.
Speaker 1: Algorithm doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Get your phone up, because if you're at home all day with no kids, I would love to see what's in your.
Speaker 1: Get yours up and put the hit the mat.
Speaker 5: Get it.
Speaker 1: I'm getting it. I'm getting it.
Speaker 5: Give me a bat, No, I.
Speaker 1: Give me your and he's not going to tell me. He's to swipe up and his face.
Speaker 5: Come on, what is it? What is it? What is it? I follow him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 5: I follow A lot of artists. There's a lot of taylists with there.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of women in bikinis.
Speaker 1: It's all.
Speaker 5: It's all.
Speaker 1: It's all pop stars in.
Speaker 5: It's music artists.
Speaker 1: Is a lot of I don't know, she's a music artist.
Speaker 3: She should release a song. I think.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of longer.
Speaker 5: Is that Bonnie Blue?
Speaker 3: No, we're talking in laziness this morning, thirteen twenty four ten. Who do you know who is extremely lazy? S? I would say inventive, You know, like those people that have bar fridges and microwaves next to their couch so they're.
Speaker 5: Don't have to get up.
Speaker 1: That's kind of iconic.
Speaker 5: Though. Have you seen the coffee table?
Speaker 1: What about the ones that have the barfridge is in the couch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well there's the coffee table where it's got to draw in the site and it's the coffee table.
Speaker 5: Is actually a fridge fantastic. All he drinks are the actually don't have to get it. He's of access. Brilliant. You got one.
Speaker 4: There's a difference between being smart and making things convenient and being lazy.
Speaker 7: All right, okay, well let me throw this at you because Nike have come up with something I think is quite genius. Think Lauren Jas. Also, you can imagine the Anderson Street Hill the Tan. So even if you've run a lap of the Tan running up that blasted hill.
Speaker 1: Even if you haven't hard right even walking up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what Nike has come up with these new prototype sneakers. They're described as the world's first powered footwear system for running and walking. So what it is?
Speaker 1: It's like having powered footwear.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like having an extra set of calf muscles just to give you that ex extra boost that you need to get somewhere to do something to function to walk.
Speaker 1: Like electric shoes. Yeah, what does it do? Create an ankle joint or something to make you physically move your leg?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're joking. It's one step closer to the cyborg era.
Speaker 5: So hang on. It's like having rollerblades strapped to my feet.
Speaker 4: It's sort of like imagine like you know those little WHEELI shoes. You just go back on your heels, but then they're powered and they just go roop up the hill.
Speaker 5: So I'll just be sitting there in the little button on my remote wheel.
Speaker 7: So it's carbon fiber plated running shoe. It has a lightweight but powerful built in motors. Begin I want to amplifying your movement, giving each foot a bit of a bit of a boot.
Speaker 3: I have seen these.
Speaker 1: They look like an ankle brace almost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you know they look back.
Speaker 3: Did you ever when we were kids, and some kids who could afford it had nice roller skates, but we had those POV metal ones that clip onto shoes.
Speaker 5: Did you ever have that? Yes, So we couldn't afford roller skates.
Speaker 3: They went on your runners, yes, which is for was like a metal bracket with four wheels.
Speaker 5: And it went around the shoe and you'd feel like such a pop kid at the pool here game.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a roller skater. I was rollerblader.
Speaker 4: I mean obviously I was a rollerblade with the wrist pads.
Speaker 1: And you know what, thank god I wore them because I fell over a lot.
Speaker 3: You were part of the coke colored rollerblading team that would come out and do shows.
Speaker 4: No I wasn't, but I was a regular at roller Rama at Caribbean Garden.
Speaker 1: Absolutely that is a Melbourne icon because it's still there.
Speaker 5: I'd like to think.
Speaker 4: So, okay, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for a speed skater.
Speaker 1: Oh, they roll the dice and you go to.
Speaker 5: The corners and then they and then they would do the the skater to the other way.
Speaker 1: I go off, then I could turn the other way.
Speaker 4: But when the people did backwards, I was like, oh, no, I'm not that good.
Speaker 3: And then did they because they used to do this at the skateway. I used to go where they didn't the lights and do Okay, all the lovers now.
Speaker 1: And they play something from Strict Ball.
Speaker 5: Yes a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when I hit the cafeterias, hot cheesteaks.
Speaker 16: One question five thousand dollars. This this is Shease and.
Speaker 2: Lawrence five thousand dollar question.
Speaker 3: Let go or we are giving you a chance to win this morning. Thanks to Good Start Ready for a Good Start, high quality early learning led by caring and qualified educators and teachers. You can book a tour a local Good Start today playing this morning for their chance to win five thousand dollars in Ashburton is Robin Robin?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, how are you? I'm good?
Speaker 4: And I love ashburn I live there for a large part of my late teens.
Speaker 16: Oh it's a great for I love it.
Speaker 1: Isn't it?
Speaker 5: I love it? You still love that?
Speaker 1: A dry suburb?
Speaker 4: Because when I live there as a dry suburb, no pubs or BARSA really no.
Speaker 5: I've found a couple of bubund now.
Speaker 4: My mum still lives there, and I don't think she's lived there if he was a dry suburb, so that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Hey, Robin, you need cash to fix the oven?
Speaker 8: Do I ever need the oven to feed?
Speaker 5: My boys?
Speaker 2: Just stop working and beating.
Speaker 1: So how many boys you got?
Speaker 14: I've got three boys, one death a ruin and the other two you're living at home.
Speaker 5: So I love them too, No, Robin, I got three boys. I thought they were all out of eighteen. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I was told twenty four out the door.
Speaker 1: But anyway, twenty four out of door, twenty four.
Speaker 2: And still here one of them and the only one ear but day broke and then they don't.
Speaker 4: Then they won't want to move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you love having them?
Speaker 5: Home.
Speaker 1: Mums love their song?
Speaker 5: They do, they do.
Speaker 4: My mom and my.
Speaker 5: Brother don't get jealous. Lovely we love and five thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Robin.
Speaker 3: Rules are simple. You will hear a question. You will hear a three two one. If you can nail the answer, you win five thousand dollars. But you have to do it within the three seconds.
Speaker 5: All right, radio raring to go, Come on, here we go for five thousand dollars. This is your question.
Speaker 17: Which horse won the Melbourne Cup in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 4: Three one thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: How do you remember that?
Speaker 5: It's just.
Speaker 2: Last year and I was I remember it because I went on it last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, good on.
Speaker 11: You, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: We're going to fix the other or you just go down the tab.
Speaker 4: New I'll come around for dinner with the new ove. I the sons going to be there.
Speaker 5: I down, girl down, Jesus here.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm coming for dinner, Robin.
Speaker 5: What are you coming for dessert?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll bring dessert.
Speaker 5: What sounds like it's already it's a day now.
Speaker 1: I'm serious, so am I?
Speaker 9: Robin?
Speaker 5: What a win? Robin?
Speaker 7: And of course last year A Night's Choice was written by Robbie Dolan and trained by Sheila Lackson. Sheila Lackson was actually the first female trainer of a Melbourne cupiner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Robbie.
Speaker 4: Dolan was the Irish guy who sung and keating after the race.
Speaker 1: He was He was on Australian Idol.
Speaker 3: Robin from Ashburton, our latest five k winner. Hey, Robin, congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: And I'm serious you're coming.
Speaker 1: I saw my Robin, Robin.
Speaker 5: We're serious. We're not knocking back a free feed down.
Speaker 3: Night with the brand new oven.
Speaker 1: Then look out, I'm coming over for dinner. What should I wear?
Speaker 5: Right across Melbourne, this is no. One hundred.
Speaker 3: Welcome morning everybody, and welcome to your Thursday, or we like to say Happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 4: And it's an absolute sparkler there Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Soak up the vitamin Diggs. I think the weather's going to turn next week, but let's enjoy.
Speaker 5: It, guys.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's great in the track, Not great, Melbourne.
Speaker 3: You know the weather's amazing for though, talk to me tonight. Nova's Red Room jelly roll.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is it.
Speaker 3: Not right now, but coming up around eight thirty this morning, we are going to give you a chance to win the last invites to Nova's Red Room tonight with the great jelly roll. I've never seen phones go off for something so much for a long time since Grand Final Ticket Ballistic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do not ring yet, do not ring yet. We're going to hang up.
Speaker 3: Hang up, We're gonna give tickets away.
Speaker 1: So we get to meet you all tonight to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember the game last one goes home.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right, thank you. You said last night you're keen for one tonight.
Speaker 1: He was keen for one last night.
Speaker 5: Came for a night out.
Speaker 1: We'd have worked in. I didn't never wanted to go home.
Speaker 5: I do want to go.
Speaker 1: It's time because when I left, he's not the car yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we're on tonight.
Speaker 4: When I left him last night after work dinner, he was like, oh myber it's not working.
Speaker 1: I'll just stay here and wait.
Speaker 4: And so that I left and he's gone back in playing the food court, smashing a pizza and then wandering his greasy little hand and to play.
Speaker 1: On the Big Wheel. I love from a million miles.
Speaker 3: Away, the Big Wheel.
Speaker 5: Responsible.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, can I just spare a thought for a lot of parents across Melbourne for the next forty eight hours Halloween.
Speaker 4: Hell, but what about the rest of us that don't have kids, that have to decorate our house to please the kids in the.
Speaker 1: Name somebody think of it.
Speaker 4: And then if we don't have the candy they like, then they get to play a trick or any of the kids playing tricks?
Speaker 1: Are they just getting traits?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I think it's all just it's what happens.
Speaker 1: If they ring the doorbell, go trick or treat and I go trick?
Speaker 5: Oh have to kill joy? Yeah, I wouldn't. I'd egg you that probably there they come back with eggs. They're probably key.
Speaker 1: You can't know about the tricks. Does anyone actually do the tricks?
Speaker 5: Here's my trick, Lauren Phillips.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's what happens?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you supposed to have a choice as a homeowner if you want trick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But in twenty twenty five, the trick you or the works. The kid does the trick because you're not giving him a treat.
Speaker 1: So what do they do house?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're probably penis is in your front lawn or something like that. On the ground.
Speaker 1: They do draw penises on your front lawn.
Speaker 3: You can't like twenty it'll be outlandish.
Speaker 1: Thing is what you're telling your kids to do.
Speaker 4: Don't Christ give the Hawkins family a treaty for Sam on the streets? Are going to draw a penis on your front lawn or pee your car?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the kind of trick they're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: I would love to hear from parents this morning who have been experiencing Halloween hell.
Speaker 4: And people in the neighborhood who might be being tricked. I want to know about that. What are the tricks the kids are up to?
Speaker 5: And are your kids doing your head in?
Speaker 3: Are you running around from spotlight to spotlight trying to put together crazy costume?
Speaker 1: Mind here, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: If you're experiencing Halloween hell, give us a call it nova. Are you experiencing Halloween hell?
Speaker 7: Can I say before we do? Robert Irwin on Dancing with the Stars in the US Halloween in Inspired Dance, He's just he got too tense.
Speaker 1: Blood who's covered in blood?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't ship full on the fake blood.
Speaker 5: No, that's a that's a sensitive topic for me.
Speaker 1: Why why fake blood had.
Speaker 3: To My nine year old was constructing his costume for Halloween this.
Speaker 1: Week, dressing us.
Speaker 5: He's got three options. I believe three, three.
Speaker 1: Costume changes he'll change.
Speaker 5: That's amazing, Mariah.
Speaker 1: Just like right goal is Mariah.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't have to do much bare she barely moves sparks.
Speaker 3: But he had like had a white track sit out in the front lawn the other day and he was splattering fake blood on it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I'm walking around the house, I'm like, what are these little droplets? And there he is in the house, the hands covered in fake But it looks like I've murdered someone in my house.
Speaker 1: That stuff doesn't It's Halloween.
Speaker 5: And that blogs in.
Speaker 1: The yard your different snatch job, for sure.
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 3: And then we started a little candy sweatshops. Had all the kids around the.
Speaker 4: Table were blowing up on our socials the other day about you saying candy.
Speaker 5: Do you know what? I've been biting my tongue the whole time?
Speaker 1: American?
Speaker 5: So American. It's because the kids are in the YouTube's.
Speaker 1: Shopping and you've been saying candy.
Speaker 5: Or sweets, sweet waits.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, Nana, Mark, I.
Speaker 5: Got your fisherman's friend trick or tree.
Speaker 4: Fishermen call them sweets. It's so sweet. When when an old person says, would you like a sweet?
Speaker 5: I bet you?
Speaker 3: I bet you play the game my grandma used to play, Remember clinkets.
Speaker 4: Yes, I guess the color are Obviously you're an idiot if you're eating clinkers and not trying to guess what.
Speaker 1: Color it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my grandma will be like, you know one if you can pick the color, you get another one.
Speaker 1: You'd always pink always. I was really annoying when you get a green one.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yellow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they're a great candy, the old clinker a great.
Speaker 5: Can thirteen twenty fourteen, are.
Speaker 1: You dishing out? Knock on your door?
Speaker 5: He bought a bulk pach bulk pack of She's gone to spend a Costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what sheet and there aren't they? What do she got like spiders and ones?
Speaker 5: I bet I bet Lauren's got balls?
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, but like Mars bars and like.
Speaker 5: Little mini oh yeah mineum a rough Broadway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's gone and bought the I mean they're great, great.
Speaker 1: To dish amount. They're individually wrapped little spiders and things. I've seen them. I've seen him.
Speaker 4: You don't want to eat them. It tastes like plastic give me a Mars bar. If you give one of those, you deserve a trick. Who everyone to go to?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's not carry that. What do you what have you got ready? You have yearsly bars. Here's a protein shake powder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's protein balls. They keep it clean a lot.
Speaker 4: It's individually wrapped. It's got to be individually wrapped. That's the thing you can't. And and because we also have my divine Nana Marg's birthday tomorrow, so we do have a family dressing as ninety four year old, I think, and we're.
Speaker 1: All going to dresses her.
Speaker 4: That's like one hundred days, one hundre days of pres And I said, well, we could just leave a bowl on the fence, and someone said.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't.
Speaker 4: It's not allowed to do that. You have to be there to hand it over. I can't just take things off the streets.
Speaker 5: No, no, no. We put a bowler.
Speaker 3: If it's raining or if we're going off trick or treating, we'll leave a bowl of candy.
Speaker 4: That candy, candy, but the promise sweet candy.
Speaker 3: It's bloody teenagers, mate, they come and clean you out.
Speaker 5: Do that.
Speaker 4: You've got the cameras. I'll be watching on the cameras going you took too many, put some back.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be out there with the hoes.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm well, that's a trick. I'm more interested in the tricks. Eliza on thirteen, twenty four ten. If you're getting involved, by the way, in Halloween trick or treating, I want to know what happens with the tricks, because everyone's just handing out treats these days. I want to know what's going on with the tricks, Eliza, You've tricked some people.
Speaker 10: Yes, good morning guys. Bought many many many years ago. But it was when of the cake pops are all the rage, it'll it's just take them orinkles. So we went out and got some really small Brussels sprouts and covered them in chocolate and stick on them, and the kids were stoked. So we told them they couldn't eat them until they got home, so hopefully they forgot about where they got them from.
Speaker 4: Now that's the thing, though, because you're supposed to do the trick as the person who gets the door knocked on.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's the kid knocks on the door, says trick.
Speaker 1: Or treat and then I say trick, And what happens.
Speaker 3: That's when they trick you do, like a car trip or something.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 5: What are they tricky?
Speaker 1: What do they do know it's tricking anymore?
Speaker 5: I don't get it? What is it?
Speaker 4: Little kids running around his K pop deem is just getting treats?
Speaker 1: You don't work for it.
Speaker 5: Don't they do some sort of some sort of talent.
Speaker 1: To talk to the kid?
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten Are there any kids out there?
Speaker 5: Something? The rules are simple? Oh?
Speaker 1: Good, trick like you know what? Your kids are spoiled. They just get what they want, which is treat, treat, treat, trade, treat.
Speaker 5: Every kid just tricky. No one's trick in these days?
Speaker 1: Well then no bring back trick or trick? All right?
Speaker 4: Hang on, someone's calling. Look there's people calling. What are the tricks that the kids up to? These?
Speaker 3: I just I think in twenty twenty five the tricks would be you're better off just giving them the master.
Speaker 4: Don't negotiate is where the problems come in. Kids whatever they want whenever.
Speaker 5: They don't negotiate.
Speaker 3: I think with kids, it's like the Golden rule, don't negotiate with terrorists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well that's true.
Speaker 4: Kids don't get between the kittens can be exactly Okay, they all lots.
Speaker 5: Next time, just roll the dice, live a little jas is. So what does Owen have to say? Morning? Owen? Now don't swear? How are you today? How old are you?
Speaker 13: I'm thirty?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: And Owen? What happens if someone says trick not treat?
Speaker 8: Basically what I do?
Speaker 9: Back?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, all right, Oh I need.
Speaker 3: To teach my kids to juggle today. I've got a big day.
Speaker 1: Lisa, Good morning from East Oakley.
Speaker 4: Now did you trick? Did you ask for a trick or did someone else ask for a trick?
Speaker 5: Lisa, Lisa, Hello.
Speaker 1: What happened in trick or tray?
Speaker 13: Last you? My children went trick or trading? So I was with them. Yeah, that wasn't us doing the tricking. And we door knocked on this elderly couple's door and they were so gorgeous. So they did offer a little tree to begin with, and then they asked the children to trust their little doorbell. And when they trust the door bell, it sprew the border face.
Speaker 3: Good morning Melbourne, right on A thirty You are on the air with Jason and Lauren clint here as well, and the Great Murphy is going to be joining us on the air to talk cricket.
Speaker 1: Now, I've got a bone to pick with Murph.
Speaker 5: Hew whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, many years ago he gave me the fright of my life. Really, yes, okay, he's an intruder in my home. Hello, I'll tell you about it.
Speaker 3: So MERV has been to Lauren's house and it didn't end well. All right, Yeah, we will dive into that when he joins us. Coming up in minutes. Firstdayhous Red Room presents What's Up Australia.
Speaker 5: It's Jelly Roll. You ain't nothing.
Speaker 3: The night Jelly Roll takes to the stage at the sb the sun setting over se killed the beach.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's going to be a cracking night for its magnificent weather.
Speaker 1: A few little cocky teas before maybe Thursday a little.
Speaker 4: And then Jelly Roll will take to center stage and he is going to be.
Speaker 3: If you win an invite, there's a little pre party tonight.
Speaker 5: All the details will be sent to.
Speaker 1: Youboos is in town too, Do you.
Speaker 5: Think you all right? This is it? Final two invites? Wow? And then that is it?
Speaker 7: Hottest tickets ye can I get one do the honors?
Speaker 5: First? Let's go to Briley Morning. Briley, Hello, do you want to do you want to come to chelly Roll? You're going any plans tonight?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: I want to You're in done? Invite coming your way.
Speaker 1: We'll see there.
Speaker 5: No dramas thirteen twenty fourteen. Want to go?
Speaker 1: One more to go? One more double?
Speaker 3: This is it final invite to jelly Roll in Nova's Red Room tonight. There's been some amazing red rooms around the world, Tyler swift Hamiltnight, It's going to.
Speaker 1: Be epic sharing.
Speaker 5: Do alit the global Red Room as well?
Speaker 4: If I something it's the hotel on the Sunday night, I think Kilder.
Speaker 1: This is our final double. Let's go to Cheltenham.
Speaker 4: Rachel, good morning, How are you good? Would you like our final invitation to see jelly Roll tonight live at the ESB and Nova's Red Room.
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 1: Love to make you go to well, we will see you there.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: No worries, Rach, You won't miss me.
Speaker 1: I'll be screaming down the front.
Speaker 5: You won't miss me. I'll be in shorts and a matching shit.
Speaker 1: Jas will be the one in a hot sweat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty four degrees is pushing it for him.
Speaker 3: We'll have the full wrap up tomorrow on the show. But jelly Roll takes to the Nova Red Room tonight. I can not wait. They don't forget if you haven't seen the man. Final tickets are on sale of jelly Rolls down Under tour from Live nation dot com dot au. He'll be performing songs from his album Beautifully Broken and we'll see you tonight at the sb jelly Roll But coming up next you got beef.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, with Murphus.
Speaker 3: That's right, the Great Murphy is going to be joining us next. However, apparently he's been over to Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Yeesh, No, he I've got a bone to pick with Murphy's.
Speaker 5: Oh he's a bit bigger than you.
Speaker 1: Rolled the police and it was Murph Hughes's.
Speaker 3: Well, my money's on him. We'll find out and get to the bottom of that story. Next on number one hundred.
Speaker 18: Our next guest is one of the most legendary cricket players to ever come out of Victoria.
Speaker 17: That is a quite great Perhaps is the only thing grander than his cricketing career is perhaps his legendary handlebar mustache.
Speaker 5: Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: I love that you're still rocking that mode.
Speaker 6: Well we used to be black and bristling. Now it's great, but it's.
Speaker 3: Like looking at a Turkey hair job next year. If you if you need to come over and join the club.
Speaker 5: I'm having second thoughts. What do you mean.
Speaker 1: Anyway? It's not about you two and your olment.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's by Yeah, that's not bad. I don't find it.
Speaker 1: How much maintenance does that mode take?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it daily grooming?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Keep it neat and perfect. No, it's yeah, it's immaculate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just a get a trim maybe once every two months.
Speaker 1: That's it. It just knows what to do. It's been there for so long.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Hey merv under we're going to get to why you hear and you hear fronting a VB campaign. But just quickly were just listening in Clinch News there the tragic story about this young seventeen year old boy fern try Gully.
Speaker 5: He's lost his life a cricket training was hit in the in the normal Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well my understanding is it was very similar to what Phil Hughes went through. So hid in the in the side of the neck on an artery there and it just crushes the archery. So it just shows that even if you're wearing helmets and whatever, it's still a very dangerous game. And like Ozzie Rules football, like any cato football, really it's a contact sport. There's going to be injuries. You don't expect them to happen, but when they happened, they're just tragic.
Speaker 4: I remember when that happened to Phil Hughes, and my stepfather is involved in cricket as well, and it rocked the cricket community so desperately, and I remember thinking, wow, it is such a community though the cricket world, isn't it. And I'm sure there will be so many people with heavy hearts today hearing this story.
Speaker 6: Without doubt.
Speaker 14: So I heard the news last night that he'd been hit and he's in intensive care. But to hear that he's passed away, mate, it's just shocking.
Speaker 7: We senting a lot of love to the cricket family this morning, Club Infirtry Gully as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Now on a much nighter note, can I ask what's the beef you've got with MERV?
Speaker 1: So MERV Hughes.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm going to take you back in time. I think I was nineteen, so I reckon.
Speaker 5: We've gone back a long way. The year was two years.
Speaker 4: It was two thousand and six. My parents were away. I still lived at home. I had the house to myself and I was walking through my living room and I heard you want to be mate, and I was like, there's no one else in the house, right And I was like.
Speaker 1: Someone's talking to me.
Speaker 5: You get an intruder?
Speaker 4: No, And I was like, someone's in the house. And I was like, no, I must have must have been on the TV. Anyway, I walked back in. I walked back into the living room later and I this, you want to call one doll?
Speaker 1: And I was like, what he's going on.
Speaker 4: I call my mom. I'm like, Mum, there is someone in the house. She's like, I'm telling you right now, there's no one in this house. And I was like, I'm going to call the police.
Speaker 1: You're not here. There is someone in my house. My brother came home and he's like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's an automated merv Hughes doll that when you walk past.
Speaker 1: It was a VB doll with you on it and it wouldn't talk.
Speaker 6: That that was boonie. No.
Speaker 1: And then there was one with you on it, and we did. We had one with you. We must have had this set because you were in it.
Speaker 14: Yes, so I was looking after Actually when I heard you speaking out there, I was out there before, and yeah, I've been to your place.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking I'm just going to get in there and just say it was Dipper.
Speaker 5: But now I can cut that that.
Speaker 1: I nearly called the police, but it was ab doll.
Speaker 8: I remember.
Speaker 1: It's still working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what have you brought out?
Speaker 3: These are great vb's Laws of cricket cans guys.
Speaker 14: To be honest, last time the Ashes went around England forgot some of the rules of the game.
Speaker 5: Laws of the game.
Speaker 6: And the big one was staying your carry. Yeah yeah, that wasn't Alex carry, that was John Best well.
Speaker 14: But yeah, but Martin Sharky in where the under fourteens taught me one lesson staying increase.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So if you're in Yeah, what Martin going to do? You got still friends, you still coaching where be underforater? But yeah, just laws of laws of the game. To separate the spirit of cricket with the laws of the game.
Speaker 3: So their collector cans, you know, if you've got them, you're talking beer bottles and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Fans will love these.
Speaker 3: They're available in Liquorland stores across Australia from November five.
Speaker 5: Do you have you still got all your old merchant playing gear from the day.
Speaker 14: A lot of it's been sort of given away for charity and stuff like that, but the main ones you keep, so eighty nine ashes, jumpers and church and three Yeah I did that. I look more probably akin to a cyclist than a creek.
Speaker 5: A little bit tight. So the ashes is upon us.
Speaker 7: It's always fantastic and merve you're a proud Victorian. Now it's time to get more Victorians into this Australian side. And it starts with Scottie Bowl and surely.
Speaker 6: You'd think so.
Speaker 14: With Pat Cummins injury, Pat came out and said there's only going to be three fast bawls because they're going to play Nathan Lyon with the injury to him. It's good to see him back bowling, but he's going to miss maybe the first Test, possibly the second Test, and even more so it's just a wait and see with him. But I like England jumping up and now saying Pat Cummins is out. We've got a real chance.
Speaker 6: Now, who's going to come into the side, Scott Bowl. There's an idea.
Speaker 5: It's pretty candy.
Speaker 14: And what they were saying two years ago Scottie Bowland doesn't worry us. What he did two years ago in England, he didn't do much. What did he do four years ago in.
Speaker 1: Australia at the I've got no idea what you're talking.
Speaker 14: I just know.
Speaker 5: All I know is Pat comments is a very good Have you seen him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously have you know what I'm is because I grew up watching cricket. I loved cricket as a kid. But I feel like the characters are gone, like they're all a bit vanilla these days.
Speaker 1: Where are the merv hugheses and are they all a bit soft?
Speaker 14: No, I listen, it's only a rumor. They said fifty two I was on that flight, and that that is not even.
Speaker 5: Close to the truth.
Speaker 6: There was fifty three. So if people are going to tell a story, story.
Speaker 14: But the big thing about modern modern day sport in all codes is with the media, with social media, the players have gone to be so careful, so they're earning a heap of money. If they show any personality whatsoever, they get written off as two bobb las.
Speaker 5: Yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 6: So basically, you ask five.
Speaker 14: Different players the same question, you'll get the same answer because they've got this media training.
Speaker 6: Let the players be themselves.
Speaker 3: Socials were around back in your day.
Speaker 5: You were last one game?
Speaker 1: How was the celebration after games changed?
Speaker 4: Because I imagine you guys would have been down in the sheds smashing some cans.
Speaker 14: Finger Now I knew, I knew it was time to give cricket away when we started training.
Speaker 6: So I reckon.
Speaker 14: We may at Arden Street, the old North Melbourne footy ground. There came off after a Sunday morning session. Okay, normally there's party, pie, sausage, they had energy drinks, they had soup and they had.
Speaker 7: The teen fishermen here. Oh really that big barrow fishermen as well? You could Maybe you should go fishing in your tinny.
Speaker 5: You want to come on the boat, Murve, Yeah, not a proper Jason, never caught one.
Speaker 1: Yours is bigger.
Speaker 5: You'd have a bigger boat than me, Murv.
Speaker 6: You don't go out small tiny's chasing barrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm chasing anything. Puffer fishing.
Speaker 4: You can't catch on at a t He's never caught a fish and he's got a fishing boat. I've never in all these years. You know how blokes love showing off their catch to day. Never once has he turned up with a photo.
Speaker 1: Of a fish.
Speaker 14: Well you should come on our fishing shirp so move he's fishing fishing. Yeah, of course it goes right. You watch it for half an hour. People actually expect us to catch a fish.
Speaker 12: Come on and conda fishing shirt and perfect there the boat vbs a lluws of cricket cans are coming out.
Speaker 3: They drop in liquor leand stores right across Australia. From November five, the Great Mathews John on the thank you, Thank you guys, cheers for coming in. Cheers it is us, go on nine to nine. This is Alex Warren, great looking to her head, Blue Skys Sunshine top to twenty four. We are going for This is Nober one hundred guys, Big night tonight and the man Jelly Roll plays Novos, Red Room Love Jelly Looking forward to this tonight. The SB will be heaving big shout out to every.
Speaker 5: And it's called an invite. Come in, say hello today, have a lemonade with us. We might tie on and have a few.
Speaker 1: To get there early, and I'm going to stay there late tonight. I am living seeing it.
Speaker 5: Sister.
Speaker 1: Let's go, brother, Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's tear the years off it.
Speaker 5: They say the years off it years, We're going to tear them.
Speaker 1: We're doing it our way, and no one's stopping us. I actually don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Is that, I don't know. We're just trying to sound young. Thank you for in flash forward. Jason. It's nine thirty. I've got to get no, but we need to get home. Oh.
Speaker 1: When I say I'm staying out late, I'm referring to this killing me.
Speaker 5: The years have been tiled off.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing sneakers because I'm getting in the pit. She shan't be wearing a heel.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, do we get your crowd surfing.
Speaker 1: No, I'm too heavy.
Speaker 5: I'll get dropped, Jason, and I can give it to the people. Will hold you.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm people. Yeah, No, No, what about it. I'm not in the air being thrown around my shoulders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, too heavy.
Speaker 1: We did that once you said you needed a physio after.
Speaker 5: How rude.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm too scared to get downe I'm going to face just on the top. I was like, don't you try and squat down. Your legs will give way.
Speaker 1: I live here now, I'm permanently on good shoulders hanging.
Speaker 4: It's Halloween tomorrow, don't forget get out today, get your costumes.
Speaker 1: My costume now. Someone text men said, trick or.
Speaker 4: Treat the kids these days, If you say trick, they are practicing tricks and jokes and back.
Speaker 1: What are your kids doing as a trick?
Speaker 4: Imagine, Jason, you should you know what if someone joke around trying to do says.
Speaker 5: You should do, it's just in comedy, stand up.
Speaker 3: I'll jump, I'll jump through flaming hoops for a masspar seriously dressed?
Speaker 1: What are you dressing the joker?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, I hope as a brody costume.
Speaker 2: No costume yet, No for me, you're missing your pants.
Speaker 1: My costume here it is.
Speaker 5: Do you like it? It's beautiful?
Speaker 3: All right? Tomorrow our special Halloween show.
Speaker 5: He just remember noighbor's cash in the car.
Speaker 3: Your chance is win a brand new key and twenty five pay coming up what you listen to it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Aaron rich when he plays Arianna Grande, give him a ring.
Speaker 5: You go on the running. We'll see you tomorrow. No no, no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: Everyone's throwing their arms in the air. Now that was Jace. What did he say wrong, Brody?
Speaker 5: Ariana was yesterday. We love Ariana, but today is Miley Cyrus. Please help Miley, Aaron Richie you cool. Hang sorry, guys, this is not on me. Check the paperwork. It says Miley Cyruh.
Speaker 7: Suck in, Jason, Thank you, Jason, Lauren Lauren wake up feeling
Speaker 1: Good Following them on the Socials.