Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunder.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral?
Speaker 2: Can we talk a lot about ourselves as well? And this week we get to the bottom of who the fuck David is. Britney tells us all about the mystery man from her content hope.
Speaker 1: I can't even say anything about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she goes into all of it very very soon. It's at the front of this episode. Then we get into the Sofa dopah verse, Sydney Airport drama and one steamy influencer has announced a new podcast in a very interesting way and a lot of people aren't happy about it. Plus you get a bit of behind the scenes to the merch process of bring back glamor.
Speaker 1: To us and I have come back from Europe with an entire new your personality. Everyone's going to be fine, with that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you it is a spicy, spicy episode.
Speaker 3: Deal me and doel.
Speaker 4: Let's go good by, welcome home?
Speaker 1: Can we please get around the floors? Go on because I'm back.
Speaker 3: Bitches and thank god?
Speaker 2: Because do I have some questions for you Miss Biggie first and former and I had no idea. It's too early on a Monday. That wasn't mean to be in. She's glamorous. Hey, miss Piggy's bring back glamour. Thanks, so she's flamorous. The point is, I have some questions for you on behalf of everyone on the internet, because I'm a little peeved if I'm honest. Now, you've been gone. You've been in Europe fabulous time, I'm sure. But the whole time you've been gone, everyone's been asking me, oh my god, what's how's Britney, how's Britney? How what's Britney doing? Who the fuck is David? And I'm sat here going she didn't tell me none of this. Let me tell you there was She said, Oh, you know, the trip's going to be out of touch, and you know there might be some things that I'm going to do that are a bit luxury and fancy. She mentioned No, you never mentioned a private chat, a super yacht. You never mentioned any of these things. I need to know and the Internet needs to know who is David?
Speaker 1: Okay, how long have you got.
Speaker 3: The whole episode?
Speaker 1: So this is my first time where look, I don't want to say that I lied on the internet, but this is my first time where I've done a bit of like rage baiting. Okay, And I honestly loved it. And it wasn't planned. Okay, I said this on my story, Now you are correct. Before I went on the Eurosummer trip, I did say on the pod here if you listen often enough, like we're going on a pretty fancy fucking trip. I did say We're going on a boat. And people get so mad when I call a boat, but like it doesn't matter if it's a cruise ship or a tinny, I always say boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I think that's what got me is because you went, yeah, we'll be on a boat, like I'm thinking a modest No, this was super one of the biggest super yots I have ever seen. This was like Rihanna billionaire, super superyocht level, Like I was like, this is the pool when it's got a pool on a superhot that's rich.
Speaker 3: Rich, that's disgusting rich, You know what I mean. Anyway, And I.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to tell you, Like, I've got so much I want to tell you about this trip, Matt. So I'm thinking what I want to do right now, I'm going to tell you all about the David thing, and then Friday close friends, I want to talk more about the Europe trip, like the whole thing, but right now we need to discuss this whole David thing. Okay. So the whole trip was planned from start to finish. Okay, So going on the big boat, going on a private jet, all that kind of stuff was already pre planned. And we were traveling in a group. There was a big group of us, Okay, but all the people that I was traveling with are not social media people. And I think one thing that's like really open my eyes from doing this trip is like I have so many friends and people in my personal life that are not on social media, same as you, Matt, Like you have so many friends, family, people that are not on social media. But I think that because we like share our lives online, people assume that they know every part of our life and every person that's in it, you know, because we've got our social media friends, you, Kate, Wade, April like AJ but there's like such a big part of my life and same as yours. But also like every public figure has like so many other parts of their life that they don't share. Anyway, we were going on this trip. It was already planned. Our friends invited us to go on this super yacht and on the private jets. Because everyone was commenting like, oh my god, this is half a million dollars to no, not half yeah, half a million dollars. Yeah, and they're like, surely you can claim this whole thing on tax I'm like, no, I can't because I didn't even pay for it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, and also not how it works, by the way.
Speaker 1: Literally I was like, that's not how it works. But no, I can't claim this on task because number one, that's not how it worked. But number two, I didn't pay for this. I'm honored to be invited. So anyway, onto David again, let me paint the picture. We're going on a trip in a big group with all my non social media people in my life. And so I said to David, who is one of our best friends from Newcastle, right. Him and his wife are like our besties from newy I said, would you want to be in my videos? Because I was thinking before I was going over and you would know this to man, when you're hanging out with people that also do social media, it's very easy to vlog and make videos, like when you and I hang out or when we're in America, it's easy to make vlogs because we're both doing it together. But when you're the only one wido that does content and no one else in the group does, you don't want to be that annoying person being like everyone's shut up. I needed a vlog. Yeah, And so I said to David when we were at the airport, do you want to be in any of my vlogs? He goes, yeah, I guess, so, like why not he's a non social media person, and so.
Speaker 3: David's name David.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I didn't think so, So let me tell you how this whole thing came to be. And by the way, I've got so much I want to say. We didn't do any of this intentionally. So we were at the airport and then we were in the lounge and then we were like, fuck it, let's make a DIY sangria. This is how this whole thing started. It was not planned, it was off the cuff thing, and so we started making this sangria. It was like three pm. Our flight was taking off, so well, this is perfect time.
Speaker 3: To start drinking.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, everyone like this is so bad. But I drank for like twenty one days.
Speaker 2: But you were saying on the pot as well before you went, you were like, I'm really excited to drink on a plane.
Speaker 3: How'd that go for you?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Fuck? Okay, recommend, yes, I highly recommend drink responsibly, yes, of course, but when you're on euro Song for three weeks doesn't count.
Speaker 2: We tried a buzz ball as well, and we'll talk all about the alcohol inclose friends.
Speaker 1: So we're at the airport, were like, yeah, let's make a drink. We've already made a joke with him about him being in some of my videos and he's like, yeah, okay, I'll be in it. And so if you go back and watch that first video, AJ and I start making the drink and then I jokingly say, there's this random guy here and I'm kidding, like in the video, I'm kidding. I'm like there's a random guy here, and I pan over to him and I'm like, what'd you say name was?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: And he awkwardly goes David, like I didn't prompt him to say that, Like I thought he was just gonna say his normal name, which I'm not hiding his name for any reason, you know, And then people like trying to find out his real name and commenting it and stuff. But like his Instagram and he has like three photos of him and his kids and his wife. So that's why I'm not like saying his actual name. Yeah, And so we posted that first video and it was just a complete fluke that he said his name was David. And then I said he's a random guy, and I posted that straight away and everyone I thought everyone would straight away comment, nah, that's your friend, Come on, Britt, like you obviously know who that is. And a few comments were saying like, nah, you're with like you guys know each other, like you're way too friendly. But then a lot of the comments as well were like what the fuck who is that random guy that you met on the plane sorry, in the airport, And I was like, wait, this is kind of funny, like that we've started this storyline unintentionally. And so then the next video that he appeared in was when AJ and I were filming ourselves in the plane trying the drinks. There was like the second video was us trying whatever the cocktail was in business class and again Singapore sling. And so if you go back to that second video, which again like we didn't plan, like AJ and I of course planned to try the Singapore Sling in a video, but then like halfway through the video, David walks in and I saw him like in my camera and again he's like a funny, awkward guy. So he walks in awkwardly, and straight away my brain goes, okay, here's another little funny video I can make. So I went, David's back, what the fuck David? And so like if you go watch it back, he was actually just coming to see me and AJ to be like, how are you guys going, But then it turned into this other, I guess, opportunity for me to continue the story of David.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was the second video story of David, Biblical passage, mine.
Speaker 3: Mind you, the story of David.
Speaker 1: Mind you. We're pretty tipsy at that point, and so that was the second video and then we got to Singapore airport and again, like by this time, I posted two videos and the comments star going already, who's David? Who's David. I'm like, oh, this is hilarious. Let's keep this thing going. And we're like tipsy on our first flight and like laughing at the comments, and we're like, yeah, let's keep this thing going. So then we were in the Singapore lounge when we landed for our stopover, and then again I'm like, okay, aj, let's put him by himself and say we've seen the guy at the airport again. So then that was that next video, and it just it kept going on and on and on, and that's how the story of David came to me. So his name is not David. That that whole thing started by him just awkwardly saying David when I said watch your name. And then because everyone in the comments all of a sudden became so engaged with like who is this David guy, I ran with it and kept building on the story.
Speaker 2: So it was an organic thing that just happened. So you're actually saying, it's not even your idea, it's the people who were commenting in the.
Speaker 1: First kind of yeah, and then like they gasolate.
Speaker 2: Themselves into their own scenario.
Speaker 1: It became this whole thing, and then people started going like within the first couple of videos, people were commenting like, this is a marketing stunt, She's launching the Men's line. Like everyone started like building on this, which then was making us like kiss ourselves laughing. Then we just kept like going on along with.
Speaker 2: It so seriously, Like on Influenza updates posts, people were like, she's not an idiot. This is clearly an investor in the men's life. He's a billionaire, and this is all a tax right off and a marketing ploy and all the rest of it, and asked I felt like commenting back to all of those comments being like a lot of fucking idiots, Like so, I just was sitting there. I didn't even know the story of David, the story of d but I didn't even.
Speaker 1: Know the story added into the Bible.
Speaker 2: But I knew that it was none of those things, because if it was any of those things, I would have known about it.
Speaker 1: Like I literally thought from the first video that we posted being idiots in the Lounge make a DIY Sangria, that everyone would have went come on that's your friend. But then everyone is like, how did you meet this random guy? And I'm like, well, I'm going to keep running with this story. And so that's how that content thing built out. We were always going on the super yacht. We were always going on the planes, and I was just gonna like make vlogs like normal, like, and I knew that people would be like, how are you on this super yacht whatever? But I was just gonna like make content like normal. I didn't go into the trip thinking, yeah, I'm going to make this pretend character called David. It was all because I said to our friend, do you want to be in my vlogs? And he was like yeah, okay, And it all began with me going what's your name again? And he goes David, And then it became like the joke of our trip, and the whole trip we called him David, like it was the funniest thing ever. And like they have kids and they were like facetiming their kids and the kids going Hi David, like when they would call him every day, Like it just become this massivehilarious thing. We had, like people like all of our mutual friends, like because we're all from Newcastle, like people messaging ing going I'm pissing at this, Like people that we know, like, we're laughing at the fact that we created this character out of him called David. Loved all the theories this is a marketing stunt, and I was even replying to people in the comments being like I loved it. Everything I do is considered a marketing stunt, when it was just us being absolute dickheads. So that's the story of David. He is our friend from knew him and his wife. They're like two of our best friends. They're non social media people. I've known his wife since we were kids. And it's not some grand story. I'm sorry to disappoint. It is not some billionaire.
Speaker 3: I think most people knew that.
Speaker 1: I think towards the end everyone clued onto that, but people were still just happy to go along with the story. And that's why I did like an outfit of the day, and then I'm like, wait, where's David, And then we're like David, but we're just like pissing ourselves and yeah, that's the story. It's not real. It's a bit anti climactic.
Speaker 3: Isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Well, welcome back, Good to have Britney back. Yes, I will say I loved having the guests on.
Speaker 1: I'm yet to listen to Abby, Abby and Christian's episodes, but I want to say thank you so much for them both for being on the pod. While I was away, did see a couple of comments of people saying that they actually would prefer Abby to be on the pod instead of me, And to that, I want to say, that's actually the rudest thing that you could say. No, Like, that's so rude. Like, I haven't listened to the episodes yet. I'm gonna I've got to drive to sitting later in the weeks, so I'm going to listen to them both. But I went and like checked the comments on Spotify and people going like, I actually prefer Abby over Bridge. I'm sorry, this is my job. Don't like I would never walk into your workplace and go I actually think that person there would be better than you. So fuck you to the people that wrote that.
Speaker 3: We had so many nice comments as well, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I thoroughly enjoyed doing the guest episodes and I really liked it because I got so much feedback from a lot of people and it made me realize that I'm actually good at it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Like, like I think this.
Speaker 1: Is a good podcast.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but I think like I got a lot of the similar sentiment messages of the similar sentiment that were, like, you when you talk to people, just make people feel so comfortable to open up to you. And they could tell that, they could tell that the guests just felt like they were my best friend, like they had replaced you in that way in the stages. Yeah, And obviously I'm friends with Christian and Abby already, but like, not to the extent that we would. I mean, if I was in town, i'd probably go out for coffee with Christian. I don't see myself like going out for coffee with Abby, But if I saw her on a night out, we'd be hanging out together and having a dance, you know what I mean. But I feel like I definitely call Christian for advice. Would I call Abby for advice?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to show you the levels of friendships. But the point is that we're not that close. I'm not that close to either of them. I love them, but I'm not that close to either of them. And so for people to say like, oh, you did such a good job of like allowing them, which, by the way, in our YouTube exclusive this week or last week, I've Got so Much, I did a vlog of behind the scenes, and I spoke in there about the fact that at High Scrollers, we never want our guests to come on and be interviewed like so Abby chat field.
Speaker 1: One question, one answer, yes, back to the next question, or.
Speaker 3: What's it like to do this? And what's it like to do that?
Speaker 2: And like back and forth, back and forth, and we don't want to intro you to the guests. We just want the guests to kind of like fit seamlessly into the podcast, and we want you It's kind of like when we talk about viral topics, like we want you to hopefully have enough content text as to who that is or what we're talking about, and we give you more.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I just got I just wanted to say, although you wanted to say fuck you to some of.
Speaker 1: The honestly though it was like two comments, but I just still wanted to say, don't say that, don't say a bunch of saying this than that. But I also noticed, like how awesome all the feedback was and.
Speaker 2: Gay Jay was saying as well, he got a lot of good feedback about it as well. So anyway, Scrollers, just this just popped into my head just now. I think I deserve my own podcast. Actually you've got one, so I could have one as well. Maybe pitch that to Nova Scrollers. If you have some good feedback about my I could be the next Mitch Cheery chat show.
Speaker 3: Mitch Cherry Chat show.
Speaker 1: Couldn't know the all right hay chat.
Speaker 2: Everyone just said I was like such a good interviewer. I made them feel so comfortable. It was like so fun and I was like, okay, well anyway, that's the picture of the day.
Speaker 1: Also, by the way, matter you know you look horrifor.
Speaker 3: You don't have to produce it, I'd love you too. But I mean I if it happened, it will probably be me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's busy enough. I'm also mad. I have to say. I have some gifts to give you, okay, that I got while I was away. Do you buy souvenirs when.
Speaker 3: You travel for myself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never buy souvenirs for myself. I buy nothing when I go on a holiday because I think I did all of my like holiday souvenir shopping Back in the Barley days, you know you would get like DVDs. Yeah, never got a boy.
Speaker 3: To get a dv a thousand movies for a dollar.
Speaker 1: And you'd put them in when you get home and they don't work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I never did that because I never went to Balley until I was an adult, and then DVDs were.
Speaker 3: Done and dusted.
Speaker 2: But yes, I know the people used to bring them to school and go, I've got Shrek?
Speaker 3: Who want Shrek?
Speaker 1: Avatar?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: I want Avatar. But I did buy some things for you because I saw a few things that reminded me of you. Okay, and I know that you've given me quite a few gifts on the pod in recent so I thought I would give back, but I want to save that for close brands.
Speaker 3: Let me wait for it. That's fine.
Speaker 2: We've got so much to talk about anyway, so let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Please please be upstanding for the royal flush.
Speaker 3: That's rid of the week. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: No, actually, sorry, before we get into it, there's something I need to bring to your attention. I have been contacted by multiple scrollers this week. You are going to be devastated about this. Seriously, I'm scare.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to be this. I think you're going to be devastated about this.
Speaker 2: We are currently being used in an ad on TikTok Yeah, to promote Sheen. Sheen is promoting one of my videos with you in it, promoting Sheen and the videos on all you pages right now with a little thing down the bottom saying shop at Sheen And if you click my profile, it takes you to Shean to shop and it's you in the video. I'm not even in the video because it's the video of us in Vegas where I'm going, Oh, they're nice pants.
Speaker 3: Where are they from? Sheen?
Speaker 2: They're put money behind that and boosted it and it's got all these new views. And thank you to the scrollers who have seen it and screen recorded it and screenshot it and emailed it to me and all the rest of it.
Speaker 3: And guess what.
Speaker 2: I have now gone on an investigation with my management to get to the bottom of this. And let me tell you right now, if you are an Australian content creator and you're on TikTok, you are going to want to turn off your access on TikTok. One a platform to get brand sponsorships and things like that. You want to turn that off because when I signed up to that, it did have a section and we've spoken about this on the podcast before, it did have a section where I remember I spoke about that girl who like just did a video for kmart and then came up boosted that video. Right, So that's really cool because she wasn't a full time content creator, so for her to make a couple hundred bucks from that awesome, Like.
Speaker 3: Love that for her.
Speaker 2: And I remember when I signed up to TikTok one and that all got you know, you have to you have to opt into all that stuff, right. I assumed that the brand would see my video go hello, all right, hey we'd like to boost that video, and I would go yes or no. I assumed no, it's automatic access and they must be using some sort of allegedly allegedly AI software to determine what brand is in what video.
Speaker 3: Because if you think about that video I.
Speaker 2: Mentioned show Po, I mentioned fashion over all other people as well as Sheen in that video, the video has got nothing to do with Sheen. In fact, I'm kind of shitting on Shean in.
Speaker 1: The because it's a outfit.
Speaker 3: It's a fade outfit.
Speaker 2: And obviously I'm trying to bring you down and say, oh, is it sheep like Sheen?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So why would they run that as an ad?
Speaker 3: Right? I don't know?
Speaker 2: But the thing is that I then have gotten to the bottom of it, and in that like section, if I go to my videos, Pepsi for example, has access to boost one of my videos, and I clicked it and I'm like, I don't even talk about Pepsi in this. In the fucking background, there's a can of pepsi, no way, And so Pepsi could technically just boost that as an AD and put money behind it. So you don't even have to tag the brand because I obviously didn't tag Sheen in that video. You don't have to tag the brand. You don't have to approve anything, nothing, any of your videos with any brand in it ever. Listen to me right now, content creators turn it off.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, before we I know, We've got like so much to talk about in this, but I have a very similar story that I need to share because I'm naming and shaming.
Speaker 3: Okay, how crazy is that? Though? That it just gives access.
Speaker 2: And if you look at like the pepsi one got me because I don't even talk about pepsi or show pepsi. Right, so and mine and you have to opt in to get into that program. But then if you're not in that program, you can't get support from TikTok on certain things. And like, my management is now angry. And I said to my manager today a corner on the way up here, and I said, you know, if this was, say Kmart had boosted my video, because we charge for boosting. Obviously, if a brand wants to boost they we charge a fee per week for like how much depending on what it is, what product it is, all the rest of that, we will charge a certain amount, depending on a whole bunch of variables.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And so she's putting all this money behind it, and that's just obviously going to TikTok. Now TikTok says they pay me a percentage or I get a commission. Yep, you can put this in the pod. They say they give me a commission or a percentage. I don't see nothing on my account about any of the details of how much I'm getting paid. There's nothing. There's an account balance there, there's nothing of like like I literally haven't made one cent yet as of time of recording, I have not made a single cent from she and boosting my content, which is cray Z, because that's something we would charge a couple hundred dollars a week for if she and if I did work with Shean and they wanted to boost it, they'd be paying anywhere from like two hundred to five hundred depending on how much a week, like depending on the product. As I said, there's a lot of different variables of what it is, like for example, like an alcohol company, because that's more of a risky thing that might be a bit more of a cost rather than like a skincare item like just for example. Because that's one thing I learned is the last couple of weeks, people have loved hearing a bit more about how like the creator side of things works as well, especially with Christian We went into that a lot. You hear about that when you listen Brittany. But I was speaking to my management and you know, we're all just like, how is this allowed? Slash? I don't want to say legal, but it just they should have like if Shean came to me on the app and said we'd like to boost this. First of all, I'd go, why the fuck would they want to boost that? Because I mentioned Shean once and it's a dig at to be honest. And then second of all, I'd say no because I don't want And so that's what I was gonna say. I was saying to my management, if it was Kmart and they'd sponsored a vier, like who cares, Like we weren't really, but it's the fact it's Sheen, Like I don't like. It's up there with like worst companies of like that people currently hate and everyone's like, dn't shop a chance, it's ruining the environment, blah blah blah, Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I'm like, of course it's and I don't know. I don't think people will.
Speaker 2: Talking about this with Abby by the way, you know, media literacy people are gonna see that and think that I work with Shean now, and I fucking hate that because I would never work with Sheen anyway.
Speaker 3: Have I been saying it correctly? Sheen? Shean?
Speaker 1: It might be Sheen, I say.
Speaker 2: Shean, but whatever she in. Sorry, Matt's Rand of the Week. That's off my chest. What do you got to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, well in the same sort of realm, but not really, but like stuff happening and you not knowing about it. I put in our Scroller's chat weeks ago there was actually two videos that popped up that sounded like my voice. One it was kind of and the second one it very much sounded like me. And it's from a dental clinic in Newcastle. You know what, I'm not going to name and shame them. I'm not going to say their name because I'm going to continue talking to them and get to the bottom of it. But I just wanted to show everyone this in case you're not in the scrollers broadcast chat, take a listen to this and tell me if you think this sounds like me and of chewing.
Speaker 5: On one side, if you live in Newcastle and you're struggling with broken, missing, or failing teeth, you don't have to keep managing it.
Speaker 1: Many people delay treatment.
Speaker 5: Because they're unsure about the process.
Speaker 3: Or the cost, or some of it does Implant.
Speaker 5: Center for eligible patients, new teeth may be placed within twenty four hours of day. Individual treatment plans vary, and multiple appointments may be required. During your consultation, will walk you through the different payment pathways available for eligible applicants.
Speaker 1: Structured payment options may allow you to spread the cost over time, subject.
Speaker 3: To a pre okay, we get it, we.
Speaker 1: Get it criteria. The first step isn't a commitment.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's anyway.
Speaker 2: There's not mannerisms, but there's inflections.
Speaker 3: I want to say that sounds like me.
Speaker 1: And it's obviously not a real person's audio recording because the person talking is an AI model, so it's an AI voice anyway, if you listen to it closely, it sounds very much like me in a lot of the points. So I reached out to them and said, I've had a few people send me this AI video that you've shared, asking if it's my voice. I'm a Newcastle local, and the thing that made me think it really sounds like me is because I'm from Newcastle as well, and they're a Newcastle business. I'm a Newcastle local with a fairly public profile, and as a business owner and podcaster, it does sound quite similar to me. I know it's an AI generated video, but I just wanted to reach out and ask if you could let me know a little more about how it was created and whether my voice was using it anyway, thanks so much, I really appreciate it. So they replied and said, hey, Brittany, thanks for contacting us directly. I've passed your feedback onto a head of marketing who would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly if you're happy to do so. Can you please provide the best contact number or email address to reach you. So then I said, of course, because I want to know more about this and I just want to know. I even posted in our scrollers broadcast chat and I said, like, I wonder if they're using a third party like ad person to make their ads, because that would make the most sense, Like, I don't think any business is going out of their way to like AI generate my voice, but maybe a third party that makes ads for businesses would. Anyway, they emailed me while I was away, so I'm yet to get back, and again, I'm not trying to drag them. I genuinely want to do an investigation here, But is this weird to you? They said, I understand you were concerned that your voice may have been used in one of our advertisements. I want to assure you that we have never used anyone's voice without their explicit consent, and we certainly would never use yours without your permission, which again I understand, but they could be using this AI generated version of my voice and like it's weird. We are currently working with an overseas contractor who assisted with the production of the advertisement in question. That's what I thought would be the case. I'm still waiting on the detailed production information from them, However, I'm confident that our advertising processes comply with all applicable legal requirements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she thinks that you're going to sue her, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I'm not. I just literally want to know anyway. She then says like, so she doesn't say at all in the email, like it sounds like you or I'm sorry that you feel like it sounds like you. But then and again like no shade. But at the end, she said she's followed me for quite some time and she wants to align my audience with their dentist place in a way that's authentic and beneficial for both parties. They've offered like they want to work with me. I'm like, first of all, tell me more about this ad.
Speaker 3: What the heck, what the fucking heck is going on? It's episode tited. What the fucking heck.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Don't you reckon?
Speaker 1: That's the weirdest thing ever.
Speaker 3: It is weird.
Speaker 1: And I'm yet to reply because I received that when I was overseas and no hate, but I'm like, if I'm reaching out.
Speaker 4: To you and you've got I think that you're gonna come after them and maybe just go back and or get on the phone because they said want to have a chat or whatever, like maybe have a chat and just be like, don't worry.
Speaker 3: I just want to I'm not going.
Speaker 1: To go after them at all. But I also want to be like, hey, if you're using a third party overseas person or company to create your ads and they're using AI voices, like, be careful because they could be dubbing someone's voice like mine, and I very well could go after them and say, hey, this sounds like me and you're using my voice in ads in New Carle for a Newcastle business Like it's very misleading.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I think also all it would take is because if you think about it, if an AI generated voice kind of person thinking, if a company overseas, if they typed in put in thirty year old Newcastle woman voice. Yeah, well, what other Newcastle woman has as much content on the internet as you exactly that they'd be able to drag.
Speaker 3: The voice from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think that's all that's happened is they've probably said we want it to sound like a local person like little Girl from and the AI generated people have probably just typed that in, like they haven't put in Britney Saunder's voice, They're just put in like Newcastle girl voice. But you're going to be the biggest exactly source.
Speaker 3: Of that all.
Speaker 1: I just thought that was so interesting And yeah, I'm not going to go after them or whatever. Number one. I wanted to take the video down. Haven't even checked if it's already down because it's like running as an ad. But also I just think if businesses and brands are doing this sort of stuff and working with overseas ad agencies, like, be careful if you are like generating AI stuff with fake voices, because it very well could be someone that will then come after you'd be like, hey, it sounds like you're using my voice to promote your business.
Speaker 3: Another reason not to use AI.
Speaker 6: Yeah, big guys, Anyway, should we get onto that, should we actually start talking about things on the internet.
Speaker 2: There's been so much going on, and I'm so excited. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: So much has happened.
Speaker 3: It's been a big work. It's been a big work.
Speaker 2: It's been a huge work for Sydney Airport, hasn't it In the airport? I mean the delays, the near misses, the system shutting down and the sofa do for no gluten free food fiasco. I mean, oh we've been Thank god Sydney Airport has fed us this way, well, everyone except anyone who's gluten free, because the amount of problems they've had in the last week. And one of them is this response to so for dofers yes, concerns that there are no gluten free food if you missed it, so for Dofa. I always it was weird calling her that. What's her actual name? Okay, so I can say Sophia, Well I just say.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so so f your beg.
Speaker 2: I've got no idea sweet But anyway, So was in Sydney Port like six months ago.
Speaker 3: She did a video being like.
Speaker 2: There's no gluten free food, right, fair enough, and then she made another video being like I've made this video before, there's no gluten free food and she goes up to the counter and she says, can I do you have gluten free bread? And they go nut and she's like, oh, forget what she says, but it's fucking iconic when she says it. Let me actually get the video up because what she says is fucking a camp response.
Speaker 3: This video like every six months knocking up.
Speaker 1: Tell me why I'm walking around to every single food place in the airport and no one does gluten free No one.
Speaker 3: Every single cafe noglute free bread.
Speaker 2: Do you you don't shock hora?
Speaker 3: That's what she says, shock horror.
Speaker 1: I love that anyway, say that to the worker.
Speaker 2: No, she's filming, and then she looks away and she goes shock horror. Like yeah, anyway. The point is she makes that video. Sydney Airport then makes a video being like all the gluten free things that you can eat at Sydney Airport and then there's like six options and it's like sushi and all this ridiculous hit. Anyway, I saw that video and I was like, first of all, weirdo response from Sydney Airport because the internet's divided.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing that I thought as well is Sydney Airport is quite a big business, right that would have had to go through so many steps of approval to get approved to post on their socials. Right, Surely is not like an eighteen year old just running the socials and can do whatever she wants.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, but I reckon that this is one of those moments where she would have been like, just.
Speaker 3: Trust me, just trust me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just like like they would have been like, we don't get it, and whoever's running the socials would have been like, just trust me, which we all keep saying.
Speaker 3: She like the comments keep saying like she shows well for this exactly, exactly, yeah.
Speaker 1: But locking ourselves right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, But whoever it was, I reckon it's been like, oh, we need to get on this, we.
Speaker 1: Need it's going to blow up. It's going to go viral, blown up.
Speaker 2: And if that's the goal just impressions, if that's their only KPI, then they've hit the nail on the head because it's gone megaviral. But it's also created a divide on the Internet. There are so many people who first of all, I think it's quite disgusting to see how some people act towards gluten free people. I didn't realize that so many people hated people who are gluten free or there is some sort of difference though, between a celiacy and a gluten free Like people are okay with celiacs, but gluten free they think is a made up fairy land sickness or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: But the amount of people being like, you know, saying things, because my thing, my mind goes. I saw a lot of comments saying, well, if you're gluten free, you should know that there's no food for you. You should pack your own food, should brack a box you right?
Speaker 3: Yeah. My response is, would you tell someone in a wheelchair to bring a fucking ramp? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Why are we like, oh, gluten free people, pack your own lunch and bring it with you. I think that that's an issue that they can't help. Would you tell someone who's I can't think of another example, the wheelchair one with the ramp is really good.
Speaker 3: It's really good. That's a good and that's a good example.
Speaker 1: I think as well. With how many gluten free everything's there are now, like you can make any food gluten free, and with how big of a company. Sydney Airport is like, this is billion dollar company. Like I personally think they could afford to have a whole gluten free cafe in there that does breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks, whole thing gluten free.
Speaker 3: But wouldn't the cafe be renting the space in Sydney Airpa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they should this. I don't want this to turn to a big business episode.
Speaker 3: Bet it will.
Speaker 1: But like my personal opinion on this whole thing is, they made that post and sure they probably thought, yeah, this is gonna be funny, it's gonna go viral. Everyone's gonna be like Tea like clocked it or whatever. But they could have like turned this into a massive opportunity to like Sofa Dofa collaborates with lots of businesses all the time. They could have reached out and said, yes, you're so right, let's collaborate, let's open like, you know, a cafe or whatever. I don't know, give someone an opportunity to open a business in their freaking airport and make Sofa dof for the official ambassador of it. Yeah, and like it could have been a really positive thing. Whereas instead they've like posted this sassy video and it's just like created more chaos for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially on a week with so much other chaos when like, because what I found really hilarious as well is they're like going back with this, bitchy, here's a gluten free option for you, Sofa dofa. And it's like, Babe, your system's down, your planes are almost crashing into one another. Run maser shut, you're understaffed. I think you've got bigger fish to fry, so to speak, yeah, than the gluten free granola.
Speaker 3: And then also Sofa do for again?
Speaker 2: Can't get that word out in my mouth like Sophia then did another video that was like, well, first of all, they're not even in the terminal that I was in. The granola they said wasn't even gluten free. This one was out of gluten free stock. I'm not having sushi at six o'clock in the morning, like blah blah blah blah. Anyway, I thought she made good points, But I think the funniest thing about this is so for Dopa. If I could ask you one question, it's how the fuck do you and she doesn't know the answer to this, how the fuck do you end up? In all this fucking drama because it's not just like normal drama.
Speaker 3: It's like random fucking ranch Like who could have foreseen.
Speaker 2: No psychic could have predicted Sofa Dofah in Sydney Airport going head to head. No psychic would have ever predicted Strawberry Muggait.
Speaker 3: Remember Strawberry Muggate.
Speaker 2: We did a whole thing on that on the podcast about that when she brought the mug with two handles and oh my god, But.
Speaker 1: I think this is just her brand. Now, I don't think so, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. She doesn't purpose, No.
Speaker 1: She doesn't go out of her way to do it. But it's almost like she posts a piece of content and the Internet runs with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's unintentionally her brand. Yes, she probably doesn't want it to be her brain not Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: That's just the way the internet runs with.
Speaker 2: What advice do you have for her lean into these randomness I would drama, I would situation with it.
Speaker 1: I'd go, yep, that's my brand. I get into the most because, let's be honest, the quote unquote dramas that she gets into, Like you said, it's so random and they're not actually like tea or damaging to her brand in any way, Like they're just funny. So if I was her, I would just lean into and go, yeah, you know what, I am the girl that always gets in the most random, quote unquote dramas that are not ever like crazy. What would you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely just keep taking the piss, Yeah I would. I would then keep like this Sydney airport thing, as long as it's getting traction, I'd be posting about it.
Speaker 3: I'd be on.
Speaker 2: Sydney Airport, meet me outside, meet me out, and I go to the other you know, the other airport that's just opened in Sydney. Go out there and go this is my favorite airport in Sydney with me, Like, I would.
Speaker 1: Find all the gluten free things there.
Speaker 2: So over Dover needs to go and do a hating Sydney airport. But the problem is every time she goes there, everyone's going to go there's that, There's that.
Speaker 3: Beach that doesn't anything.
Speaker 1: Like go around every airport in Australia and see how many gluten free things I could find, and then, like the way you're doing the triangle of the different waters around Australia, I would review the different gluten free options at every airport. You would get millions of views. So that's my advice.
Speaker 2: One thing, sorry, just quickly before we move on, because I know we have a lot more to talk about, is she's also just become like she's the face of fucking everything right now, Props to your girl, love that for you, But she's the face of glass and or she's gone. And I saw this real bitchy video from another girl who was like, well, have it's Sofa Dova collab with another clothing brand when she has her own?
Speaker 3: Yes, what's your vibes? Ooh?
Speaker 1: I would personally myself never collab with another clothing brand. But I feel like I'm old, I'm old and just don't care.
Speaker 2: But don't forget Sofa Dova made the like the first thing that kind of made a club viral, and also the Glasson's corsett viral was that. Yeah, So it's like it's kind of like what if Mimco did close like you might do mim.
Speaker 1: Depends on the situation. I've seen a lot of people like I saw the video too, and everyone gone like it makes no sense because she owns a fashion brand. Blah blah blah. I would never collab with another clothing brand. But my reason for day is because I can't be fucking bothered. Like I'm just like, I don't really collab with brands or anything. But she's very much still an influencer that does lots of sponsored stuff and collabs and all this and that. And if I'm being honest again, like thoughts on this is who gives a fuck? Yeah, Like, she's in her early twenties, probably making hundreds of thousands of dollars off these collabs collectively in a year, probably millions of dollars off all of her sponsored stuff. Go for it. I'm very much in my like, I don't give a shit, era and do whatever you want in life. Even like when I went on my holiday going back to the Europe thing, had a few messages of people being like, Oh, I liked you, but now that you're on a super yacht, I feel different about you, and I literally back, I don't care, because we're only young once, we're only living once. We're literally all going to be eighty years old hopefully if we get to that age, and then we're gonna die. So say yes to every opportunity that comes your way. Go on the fucking holiday, spend all your money. I don't give a shit, And like that's just that I've always been in that era my whole life. Like, I don't give a shit. I'm just gonna live life, have fun, you know whatever. So to Sofa Dofa collaborating with Glassons, I just say, go for it. Yeah, while the opportunity is in front of you, take it.
Speaker 3: My vibes are Sofa Dova. If you're listening, which we know you aren't because you're busy doing a million collabs, ma'am.
Speaker 2: And what would you be listening to these two old, fucking geriatric, retired people. For I think a lot of people love you, a lot of people hate Yeah, who gives a fuck?
Speaker 3: Literally because at least people are talking about you.
Speaker 2: Exactly like She's someone's always fucking talking shit.
Speaker 3: Whether it be good or bad about her and honey, I could dream.
Speaker 2: I could dream to have as many people talk about me. So props to your adults. Next person, I want to bring up, sorry going forward today. You've been going so long. I've got so much to talk about. Have you seen Indy Clinton's new podcast?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Okay, So just to run down for the scrollers. Indy Clinton's been promoting something coming for the last maybe four.
Speaker 1: Weeks, and everyone was thinking that it was an only because it was like the sexy marketing.
Speaker 2: The marketing was quite weird. It was like her and her is she he husband.
Speaker 1: Married or girl? Also, just before we get into this, I swear to god, I swear she had a podcast with her husband or partner, like maybe a year ago. I swear I saw them doing a podcast together, Like I remember seeing the clips.
Speaker 2: It was like three episodes, and then because like when they're having a bit of day.
Speaker 1: And they were like sitting in chairs together, it was a white background and treat like plants. Like I swear I remember seeing them do a podcast already.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened to that. Are they married? It says miss Clinton and her husband ben Azar, So they're married.
Speaker 1: Miss, They've got different last names and she's missed.
Speaker 3: Well that's what the article says. Yeah, it's just oh yeah, that's so that's an error in their article.
Speaker 1: But maybe she just didn't change the last night. Anyway, let's just call him husband. I don't know if you sure she says husband on here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Anyway, the point is the marketing was all like, my panties are dropping, coming soon, getting hot and heavy, hot and sweaty, blah blah blah, come, come, come, whatever. And then it was like her and her husband in the laundry getting all hot and heavy in their underwear and all the rest of it, and it was all very sexy. And of course I'm looking and she's going, it's only this is only for my fans, this is only for my fans. So obviously everyone's thinking that very clever, going to be only very clever. I had everyone talking, yep, very clever. And she loves she loves marketing. Can I say Indie Clinton first and foremost top bitch? If I could describe her in any other.
Speaker 1: Way, better have you TikTok Awards.
Speaker 3: He didn't meant her TikTok Awards, No, top.
Speaker 1: Bitch she was hosting that year that I went, so like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So he didn't really run into didn't run into her. No, I don't like.
Speaker 2: I've met her a few times, but we've never had more than a few words interaction.
Speaker 3: But I do.
Speaker 2: I do think she's a top bitch. That's how I describe her. Sorry for that non derogatory of this s top bitch and.
Speaker 1: What I keep think of a tip top bread every time you say that, I'm just featuring a loaf of tips.
Speaker 2: But I was very intrigued as to what this would be. Turns out it's a podcast and it's like couples therapy vibes, Like it's them. It's called Behind the Laundry Door. Yeah, and it's like a couple of therapy vibes, right, and they work out their issues on a weekly basis or something like that. I actually was meant to listen on the way up today, but I had to work out the fucking she and ordeal, so I didn't get to listen to the episode because I wanted to listen to it to actually give you my thoughts on it. So I haven't had a chance to do that, so that might have to come later. But the thing that happened around this is she also dropped a merch line with a hat and a hoodie at the same time to celebrate the launch of the podcast. Clever, very very clever, and she.
Speaker 1: We need high schoolage march.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: But she got a lot of backlash because one it was a lot of hype for just a podcast to come out.
Speaker 1: What well, I'm fun seek of everyone. I'm about to have a Matt's Around of the week honestly.
Speaker 3: Because I almost agree.
Speaker 2: Like there was obviously a lot of hype and then when I saw it, I was like, oh, podcasts, I didn't see that coming. But people being like all that hype and excitement for a podcast.
Speaker 1: But again when people say shit like that, all that hype just for that. If you were starting a podcast, you would promote it to your fucking dickhead. What do you expect people to start a podcast and put all this work into it to just not post about it. I hate people, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can tell I hate people. I think you've gone to euro Summer and come back. Wait.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've ever said that word.
Speaker 3: I never have. I've never said it on the internet, but he'll.
Speaker 2: Be Baby said it a few times and gay Jay was not brand safe will be Bitterly.
Speaker 1: I'm sick of it. Like I feel like you always say the same thing, Matt. We are more and more just turning into this like not bean soup theory society. But you know, like people just especially in Australia, they just love shitting on anything like all of that just for a podcast, Yes, all of that just for a podcast, Like what is wrong with giving it a go in life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like what is people's fucking issue?
Speaker 2: And that's one thing that we got with the Abby Chatfield episode is once you give something a go, like you haven't even listened to the podcast that Indy Clinton's put out yet? What if you listen to it? And it was actually amazing. We got a lot of messages from scholars who were like, I had no interest in Abby Chatter, but we know she's very polarizing.
Speaker 3: Some people love some people don't.
Speaker 2: And so there were some Scrollers who ended up emailing our High Schollers email saying just want to let you know, like, wasn't a fan of Abby and that High Scrollers episode me across the lines, Actually she's the top beach.
Speaker 1: The word of the thing that I don't get is like these kinds of people that leave these comments on socials being like all that just for a podcast, Like what are you then doing in your life? Because I would picture if someone has that mentality of like why would you hype up a podcast? You know? Are you just fucking going through life lazily? Because like I bet you some of those people that leave those comments have a career that they try really hard in they're trying to get their next promotion. But then that could just be like me saying, why are you trying so hard just for that job? Yeah, I would never say that, because what's wrong with someone giving it a going life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, why would you say all that for just the podcast? What do you mean that's someone's job and they're trying hard to promote it and work the same way that everyone tries in their life. Or are these people not trying at all with anything in their life.
Speaker 3: You're asking too many questions for this early, and.
Speaker 1: I feel this so passionately in my call, Like I don't understand when someone tries to do something, the internet just straight away will shit on it. When we're all trying in life, whatever it may be. We're trying to get healthier, be a better version of ourselves, be better in our relationships, try harder at work. Maybe we're looking to get a pay rise or finding a new career path, Like work harder, be a better friend. Like the same applies for when people like start a business or whatever. Why do people shit on it when you're trying in your life too, your mole.
Speaker 3: That's rid of the red, it's rad of the weird.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, do you get what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go, it's britz turned to crash out.
Speaker 2: Can I just say going to Europe needs to become a yearly thing for you because I have not. I'm not even being in a decad. I have not seen so much energy and passion from you. Like I'm not even being an asshole. I do think that this trip has done something to you. You're locked back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I needed it. Like before I left, I could really feel like I'm gonna need this holiday, like I need to go and switch off Matt. That was the And I know we're going to talk about any close friends, but that like, I know I've been on like holidays here and there over the last couple of years, but I feel like this Europe trip was the first time I didn't think about work wow for three weeks, even though I was still like doing vlogs and stuff. Even then, I got pretty lazy with the vlogs. Some days I wasn't doing any stories, and for like the first week there, I was like, oh, I need to keep going with the David videos and all that. But then I got to the point where I went, you know what, fuck it, I'm going to relax.
Speaker 3: I think it's breathed new life in.
Speaker 2: It's really bizarre, like I'm seeing a whole not getting woo woo, but like a whole energy shit.
Speaker 1: Well, look at everyone, because I'm fucking coming for you.
Speaker 3: It's crazy anyway.
Speaker 2: Indy Clinton's merch the hat was fifty four dollars and the hoodie was one hundred and fet me guess people were like, I have right, so I have some insight into this. Here we go my business brain on. So obviously bring back Glamor Tour, which, by the way, a bit of promo starting again next week Brisbane.
Speaker 3: I'll be there next when's.
Speaker 1: The Newie Show?
Speaker 3: Fuck?
Speaker 1: If I know when is it?
Speaker 3: New? He sold out anyway, eight years ago.
Speaker 1: I need to put it in my calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go google gol thank you. Yeah, don't forget just quickly. It's next starts next week again and I'm coming everywhere. Newcastle, Hobart and I think Melbourne and Adelaide sold out, but Perth, Brisbane, Brisbane, especially if you're in Brisbane or if you know anyone in Brisbane.
Speaker 3: Get fucking tickets.
Speaker 1: It might just come for fun.
Speaker 3: You better because seventeenth of September is the Newcastle.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to go on my phone, but I'm putting that in now because if she isn't in my calendar, I don't know fair enough. Seventeenth of September you said, hey.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: It's next month?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know what's crazy? Is like Teenworth?
Speaker 1: Oh it's already in there. Sorry, yeah, popping off.
Speaker 3: We had we now have. Remember I was like, oh, we haven't so many tickets. I hope we get to one hundred.
Speaker 1: One hundred tickets in fine comes through tame.
Speaker 3: Worth coss how you could try a bit harder.
Speaker 1: But Matt, have you ever been to Tameworth Country Music Festival?
Speaker 3: No? But Tworth? Like yeah I really want to get Yeah, I'll go. Yeah, I love Timeworth.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, the point is with bring back Glama, please get your tickets.
Speaker 3: This is the last time I'll ever probably be able to.
Speaker 1: Don't naming and shaming you.
Speaker 3: I'm just someone trying to have a going loss support.
Speaker 1: Why would people say that about you, Matt when you're trying to give it a go.
Speaker 2: The point is she released those and with the Bringback Lamma tool, we tried to do merch. And let me tell you, merch is not like it used to be. I remember ten years ago, if I wanted to sell a T shirt, I could sell a T shirt for like twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: It was five dollars. Remember when I made Poohsan T shirt? How much they were like five dollars a snake. But it is not cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, So if we used to have things like I want to say, like spread shirt and stuff. Can you put your foot down? Cause you keep blocking my camera every time you put your foot up. That's I'm flattering. Well that's not nice. Can you do what kind of sock is that?
Speaker 3: Oh? Cotton on? What does it say at the top?
Speaker 1: Looking good?
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus. Anyway, they'd just be putting anything on clothes. The point is I where was I going with that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I wanted to do merch for this tour this year, and a lot of people expected it as well, because we did do such a big tour and we wanted it to happen, and in fact we I'll get there. The point is we wanted it to happen. We did the designs, we did everything. First of all, shit is so expensive, so we wanted to do Trump hats that said make Australia glamorous again in the red with the white. But then we thought, oh, people probably will be hesitant to buy that, so we're going to do pink with white. But then I was like, okay. The problem was, I'm like, they'll wear it to the show maybe, and then it'll become a memento. Like, no one's wearing that in public, because if someone's he's that in public, far, they're going to think it's a Trump hat. Right.
Speaker 1: I think that Jack Henderson always wears a red hat.
Speaker 3: Who's that.
Speaker 1: He's that like real estate guy from Newcastle and he's quite like outspoken, and he always wears a red hat with white riding on in all of his content. But I think it's to like grab people's attention. Sorry, that's a little segue.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not sure who that is, but yeah, we can go we will go look into that.
Speaker 1: Sorry Jack.
Speaker 2: But the thing was, I was like, okay, it's going to become like almost like a souvenir that you just like sits on a shelf for like, it's just like a funny thing to remember in five years when you see it in your cupboard.
Speaker 3: You go, oh my god, yeah that show.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I wanted to get like the most simple design printed on a hat.
Speaker 1: Now, can I guess what the cost was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can in a second.
Speaker 2: But for me, we let's say, like order quantity from one hundred to one thousand. Now, because I didn't know how much would sell. We're in a cost of living crisis. People have alread bought tickets to the show, like this is going to be for a select group of super fans basically that like want to get this random silly hat that they're probably not even going to wear in public.
Speaker 3: It's more of a memento.
Speaker 2: Right, So I have a picture in my mind of how much to sell it for and I'm only going to order minimum order quantity is one hundred at one hundred pieces, How much do you think it would have cost to just have printed on a hat make Australia glamorous again?
Speaker 1: Twenty two dollars higher, twenty five higher? No way, I would have thought twenty something higher, thirty something higher, no.
Speaker 3: Higher, forty higher?
Speaker 1: What company were you doing this through.
Speaker 2: We went through so many companies. The cheapest one we founded one hundred minimum order quantity was fifty two dollars before I sold the hat. It fifty two dollars to buy the hat with the print on it, and one hundred of them, So what's one hundred times five two hundred?
Speaker 3: So again again, so I would have had I would have had.
Speaker 2: To be fifty two hundred dollars to hope that these I obviously wasn't going to do that because I'm like, first of all, that's more than a fucking ticket to the show, and second of all, no one, it's not something that they can wear all the time. So then I was like, okay, shirts. I remember shirts. As I said, you could make something for five, you could sell something for I always I never like shipping costs, so I always like to absorb the shipping in the price. So if it cost me twenty dollars and then ten dollars to ship a merch shirt, I'll make the shirt thirty dollars because the shippings included. You don't pay shipping at the end.
Speaker 1: And the thing that people don't understand as well is again, this is a big business episode. Let's say, like even if the hat was twenty five dollars, you can't, like, if you want to make money off something, you can't buy something at cost price of twenty five and sell it fifty. Back in the day, that's how I used to price my fate items, Like I just go, well, I paid twenty five for it, so if I sell it for fifty, then that's good. No, because there goes the twenty five dollars. Sorry to whack myself in the face with the microphone, then you've made twenty five dollars. But then you take out all the other shit and you've made nothing. So like, even if I had his twenty five dollars to make, you can't sell it for fifty. That's why you then have to sell it for more than fifty. And then again come in the comments of which is a whole other topic mat but the whole like all these clothing brands lately, they're just selling all these things for one hundred dollars. Yeah, because shit is expensive to make, yeah, and then business is expensive to run. But that's a whole other topic for another day.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the shirts which I used to be selling for like twenty five bucks way back when you know, I remember five years ago when I did another drop of merch, it was like forty bucks, and then a few years ago it was like sixty bucks. So now, yeah, my shirts would have been selling for like eighty eighty five dollars to be able to do the shirt, which was cheaper than the hat. Make a bit and random, but the shirts were cheaper than the hat, and they would have like bring back Glimmer and all the dates on the back, make a bit of money and cover the shipping costs. And then as well as that, like say I make like ten to fifteen dollars per t shirt, great, then I gotta pay GST and tax on that, so then I'm making like five to six dollars per chase.
Speaker 1: I was actually describing how business I know.
Speaker 2: So basically you left with fucking nothing exactly, and I went, Okay, I don't know whether it's all worth it, because I would have had to make an order minimum, and of course, sorry, I've just had a I've missed a whole chunk. The fifty dollars was print on demand, so it was fifty dollars print on demand.
Speaker 1: Sorry, That's why it's probably a bit more expended.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeh, if I got the one hundred minimum order quantity, it was less. But I remember a thousand was thirty six dollars, and I wasn't getting at I wasn't getting at that exactly, So I wasn't getting a thousand, So I'm going to say that the hundred was like somewhere in the forties. Anyway, The point is it was all just too hard. We actually got the like, the website was set up. You could literally buy the merch right now if you wanted to. We I'm gonna I haven't seen it yet though, because that whole ordeal of getting samples was also a nightmare. And so I haven't even seen the merch yet, and so I want to see it before it goes out a quality and.
Speaker 1: Cost about two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Exactly, which is but why does the sample like if the T shirt costs like?
Speaker 1: Because the reason why the sample costs so much is because it doesn't matter if they're making one or one hundred or five hundred. To set up the machine to make the hat cost the same amount for the factory to get it running, do you know what I mean? So they're going to charge you more for a sample because the cost to get all the machines going and everything is the same no matter if they're making one or if they're making five hundred. Okay, so that's why the sample is higher cost to kind of I don't know how to explain it, but you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So anyway, back to Indy Clinton, the fact is I saw those prices and when they're fucking you don't understand if you're like fifty four dollars for a hat, maybe I was gonna pay fifty two. Well I wasn't ever, but do you know what I mean? Like, imagine how it expends my stupid make Australia glamorous again. Hats would have been again, and then the hook one hundred and thirty nine, and I think that's pretty reasonable.
Speaker 1: Again, if you don't like that, Indy Clinton's merch was one hundred dollars and fifty, don't come by why comments like just don't buy. I think McLaren carr is too expensive, therefore I won't buy. I don't even know what a McClaren is rue. There are so many things that I think are definitely too expensive, but I'm not going to comment on their social media and be like all that and it's that expensive. Just don't fucking buy it. Sorry, I feel like I've come back from Europe and I'm Matt's random the week.
Speaker 3: Just as a person, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, Well, should we get into our Royal Flush?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it's gonna have to be quick because how long is this episode?
Speaker 3: How long have you been recording guys? Right?
Speaker 1: Like an Aaron formulutes. Also, we are allowed this episode to be long because I said.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's stuff the Royal Flush. We break the rules every week, and I actually think you bitches will be fed with what we gave you this week because we told you who David was, by the way around, Britney's passion back, Brittany's come back with a breath of fresh air. I don't know, like I think I hope you loved this week's episode because I feel like that time has flown by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought we've been about everyone. I know what you think about my new personality?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love it anyway, Thank you for listening, scrollers. Don't forget we have new episodes Tuesdays and Fridays. We'll see you on Friday for Close.
Speaker 1: Friends, and I'm just going to tell us to give Matt.
Speaker 3: And all of the tea from the Europe trip.
Speaker 2: Hey, I heard you got scammed at Calvin Harris and I want to hear all about that. Did I Well, you've written that in the notes, so let's talk.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we're on and I'm saying it now, Friday's Close Friends is going to be a half an hour episode.
Speaker 3: Okay. Great.
Speaker 2: On top of that, we also have our episodes going up on YouTube. Thursday's six pm Sydney time you can see the weekly episode and then Fridays you get a YouTube exclusive. So make sure you subscribe to High Scrollers, follow us on all our social media everywhere, and until next time, I'm gonna let you go, Dahl, I've got to go to Sydney Airport and try and get some gluten free granola